Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 757
  1. #81
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    5,902
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    I felt Kohli was able to pick him when he hit him for a four and a six. Should be a good contest if they get to face each other next game.
    That's right after couple of overs both Dhawan and Kholi were comfortable against him. I think in second match Nasir did the real damage by getting rid of Kholi and Dhawan. India is top heavy, only Kholi and Dhawan ( to some extend Rahana) can face quality bowling others struggle... They need them to be firing for big score.

    Nevertheless BD has improved a lot in last 12-18 months, they are no more a team you can run over.

    I have noticed Bangladeshi are pretty emotional people.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by #GreenRoars; 22nd June 2015 at 15:36.


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  2. #82
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    That's right after couple of overs both Dhawan and Kholi were comfortable against him. I think in second match Nasir did the real damage by getting rid of Kholi and Dhawan. India is top heavy, only Kholi and Dhawan ( to some extend Rahana) can face quality bowling others struggle... They need them to be firing for big score.

    Nevertheless BD has improved a lot in last 12-18 months, they are no more a team you can run over.

    I have noticed Banglies are pretty emotional people.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. A lot of them are. And certainly not in a good way.

    Even I felt that Nasir was the game changer. Normally you expect Indian batsmen to hit out an okish spinner, no one expected him to take wickets. Rahman has been good in his second spells though, when he comes back after 30 overs. Iirc he took 4 wickets in the first match and 5 in the second, in his comeback spell.

    Let's see how he goes in future. Batsmen are very good these days with figuring out bowlers.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Emotional who? Fans or cricketers?

  4. #84
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    1,326
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    You have better players than India.Except Shakib none of your players are world class.
    And Shakib isn't even the best player we have.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good start from Grim Reaper. Should be a good contest.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3 overs 6 runs. Being respected by the best!

  7. #87
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    43,784
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Bowling beautifully to Amla.

    He reminds me of Mohammad Aftab.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Bowling beautifully to Amla.

    He reminds me of Mohammad Aftab.
    Who's Mohammad Aftab?

  9. #89
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,926
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Bowling beautifully to Amla.

    He reminds me of Mohammad Aftab.
    Please don't compare one of the best young bowlers in the world to some no-name Pakistani domestic trundler.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    1,608
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Please don't compare one of the best young bowlers in the world to some no-name Pakistani domestic trundler.
    Keep calm. He just compared him with some bowler, which came into his mind .This doesnt automatically mean that both are delivering the same performances. You just showing again why Bangladeshi fans are receiving so much hatred nowadays.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    5 overs and 9 runs.

    Is he so difficult to play?

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    24,107
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Please don't compare one of the best young bowlers in the world to some no-name Pakistani domestic trundler.
    Lol best young bowler after 2 performances?


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  13. #93
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    17,661
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    5 overs and 9 runs.

    Is he so difficult to play?
    SA doesn't need to take any risk so if anyone is bowling at decent line and length is not going to give many runs.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  14. #94
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,078
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    5 overs and 9 runs.

    Is he so difficult to play?
    He is bowling decently but nothing exceptional to have that economy. However South Africa is chasing 160 so there is no need to even go after merely decent bowlers.

  15. #95
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Bhopal
    Runs
    2,135
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    Who's Mohammad Aftab?
    Pakistani youngsta beauty

  16. #96
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,926
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Average of 11.53 against India
    Average of 17.66 against South Africa

    Career average of 12.68 against the two best batting line-ups in the world. The best young bowler in the world.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Average of 11.53 against India
    Average of 17.66 against South Africa

    Career average of 12.68 against the two best batting line-ups in the world. The best young bowler in the world.
    Naah. That would be Starc.

    But good to see the good ol Grim Reaper back in action!

  18. #98
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    13,039
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still don't enjoy his bowling, missing Taskin.


    Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

  19. #99
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    2,251
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    Naah. That would be Starc.

    But good to see the good ol Grim Reaper back in action!
    HE is almost 26, Mustafiz is only 19, Mustafiz can be better than starc in ODIs

  20. #100
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    2,251
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mustafiz at 19 bowls around 135, he can clock 145kph in 2-3 years when he fills up

  21. #101
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he is a quality bowler, not as good as the stats suggest.

    What is good about him is that he has everything needed to be a world class bowler, except a steep bouncer. Cutters, yorker and also able to bowl at a good line and length. But I agree with A_Rox, we really need someone like Taskin. Taskin can compliment Mustafizur really well.

  22. #102
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    2,251
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I think he is a quality bowler, not as good as the stats suggest.

    What is good about him is that he has everything needed to be a world class bowler, except a steep bouncer. Cutters, yorker and also able to bowl at a good line and length. But I agree with A_Rox, we really need someone like Taskin. Taskin can compliment Mustafizur really well.
    I think he easily is the best fast bowling prosect in Asia along with Chameera

  23. #103
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    4,633
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    SA doesn't need to take any risk so if anyone is bowling at decent line and length is not going to give many runs.
    even at a slower rate he varies his speed and cutters with the SAME action. That is why it is hard to pick him up. De Kock had no idea of the pace of the ball. leading edge wicket.


    Forgive when you are on top. Don't you want to be forgiven?

  24. #104
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    4,965
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will be deadly on lively pitches especially in CT and WC in England.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW he was hitting 140s kmph today. It seem he can crank up his speed when he wants, hardly a slow bowler

  26. #106
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    43,784
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    That cutter is amazing.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,203
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can he consistently bowl at 135kph? If so, awesome.. If he works hard, can up it to 140kph, as he's only 19 at the moment.

    Following Amir has done him wonders!


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  28. #108
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakcricket89 View Post
    HE is almost 26, Mustafiz is only 19, Mustafiz can be better than starc in ODIs
    Lol. Starc is closer to 25 than to 26. In fact Mustafizur is almost 20. While your point may be valid, you got this completely wrong.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    2,251
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Can he consistently bowl at 135kph? If so, awesome.. If he works hard, can up it to 140kph, as he's only 19 at the moment.

    Following Amir has done him wonders!
    Bowls 135 wihout much effort with effort he clocks 140s, with an year or two he will clock 145kph

    At present much more complete than amir as ODI bowler, in tests though it remains to be seen

  30. #110
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    2,251
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    Lol. Starc is closer to 25 than to 26. In fact Mustafizur is almost 20. While your point may be valid, you got this completely wrong.
    Point remains mustafiz is 5 years younger and is much better than starc at 19

  31. #111
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,203
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakcricket89 View Post
    Bowls 135 wihout much effort with effort he clocks 140s, with an year or two he will clock 145kph

    At present much more complete than amir as ODI bowler, in tests though it remains to be seen
    This is where you lose track of the reality and become delusional. If you want people to respect you Bangla fans, then act a bit mature.

    And,

    All the India series I saw him bowl in 120s, how come he bowls 135 without effort?


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakcricket89 View Post
    Point remains mustafiz is 5 years younger and is much better than starc at 19
    But on the other hand you can never be sure that Mustafizur will be as good as Starc at 25 (avg 18.33, SR 23.3, Eco 4.7).

    As I said your point may be valid, my post just called out your faulty approximations wrt their ages.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,874
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakcricket89 View Post
    Bowls 135 wihout much effort with effort he clocks 140s, with an year or two he will clock 145kph

    At present much more complete than amir as ODI bowler, in tests though it remains to be seen
    You are being too generous bhai. Mustafizur can bowl 140 plus without even using his arm. That's how good he is.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  34. #114
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    2,251
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    You are being too generous bhai. Mustafizur can bowl 140 plus without even using his arm. That's how good he is.
    Your point ? Even today he clocked 140 few times better watch some cricket

  35. #115
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,874
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakcricket89 View Post
    Your point ? Even today he clocked 140 few times better watch some cricket
    You claiming he can bowl 135k without any effort is my point.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  36. #116
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakcricket89 View Post
    Point remains mustafiz is 5 years younger and is much better than starc at 19
    that has little to read.

    Can Mustafiz be as good as Starc when Mustafiz is 25

  37. #117
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,688
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakcricket89 View Post
    Point remains mustafiz is 5 years younger and is much better than starc at 19
    and What's the guarantee that Mustafiz will surpass Starc after 5 years?


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  38. #118
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Casablanca
    Runs
    9,626
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A wonder kid. Will be a gun Test bowler as well.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,413
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I think, Mustafiz has lots of potential, but how far he 'll go depends on how much he develops other aspect of his game. Our wickets are a bit scratchy, where the ball grips & his cutters are almost like what Underwood was 40 years back. But, even in IND the wickets are flatter & it 'll not grip that much on grass either, while in AUS/SAF he can't survive with this pace unless he improves his control over swing & seem. AUS wickets are merciless for medium pacers who don't swing it in air - ask Bhuboneshwar, while in UK, unless one seems it of the deck, batsmen 'll play on front foot to cover the swing.

    I think, he is 21, around 5'11", still has few more pounds to add. His pace is around 130K, which is good, but need to add another 5-6 KM in average speed to be consistent. But his biggest challenge is the transition between LO to Test. It's quite easy to bowl 4 overs in a T20 or 10 overs in a day & then rest for 2 days. But days 'll come when he 'll be required to bowl 20 overs a day, then open the ball again next morning & in between he 'll have to bowl 4/5 spells in a course of day. With his current physical status, I simply don't see him surviving for a year. At his pace, once batsmen realizes that his shoulders are down, they 'll simply charge down against him.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    1,326
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseOfTheTigers View Post
    BTW he was hitting 140s kmph today. It seem he can crank up his speed when he wants, hardly a slow bowler
    He hit 140s in the first ODI as well. Fastest in India series was 137. Fastest so far is 141.6.

    Taskin hit 145.6 as a 19 year old last year in WI.

    Neither is express, but certainly quick enough. And hella skilled.

  41. #121
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    6,068
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakcricket89 View Post
    Bowls 135 wihout much effort with effort he clocks 140s, with an year or two he will clock 145kph

    At present much more complete than amir as ODI bowler, in tests though it remains to be seen
    Definitely a bang poster disguised as pakistani.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    4,965
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seriously needs to improve on physique. Talented no doubt.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    6 overs 14/1.

  44. #124
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    865
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 Overs 24/2,

  45. #125
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    865
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He took 18 wkts in just 6 matches.

  46. #126
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Somewhere from Bangladesh
    Runs
    383
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Improved Pace too than the IND series.

  47. #127
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,926
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply unplayable at the moment. SA were too scared to attack him. If they did he would have ended up with more wickets. Best bowler in Asia. Aussies watch out. You're next.

  48. #128
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,209
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Simply unplayable at the moment. SA were too scared to attack him. If they did he would have ended up with more wickets. Best bowler in BD. Aussies watch out. You're next.
    Corrected. Lets not get overboard here, would be good to see him outside, in BD even Stuart Binny trumps anything BD can muster up with.

  49. #129
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Simply unplayable at the moment. SA were too scared to attack him. If they did he would have ended up with more wickets. Best bowler in Asia. Aussies watch out. You're next.
    Lol. That was genuinely funny


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  50. #130
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,926
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol jealous Indians and Pakistanis denying greatness. This kid just bamboozled both India and South Africa - two of the best batting teams in the world on subcontinental wickets. If Binny can do that I'll acknowledge him as the best in the world. Mustafizur is a special talent and it is undeniable. Any bowler who bowls average 135 - 138 with top speed around 142 and then can bring it down to 120 and get serious movement off the pitch with little or no change of action and can get it to rise like he can will get success for many years to come. On top of all that he has superb accuracy for such a young bowler to fall back on which will ensure his success overseas as well where his cutters might not grip like they do on home tracks. Without a doubt one of the best bowlers in the world right now and will only improve with experience. I don't have to wait to announce someone great when it is right in front of me,
    Last edited by Dios; 15th July 2015 at 15:11.

  51. #131
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,209
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Lol jealous Indians and Pakistanis denying greatness. This kid just bamboozled both India and South Africa - two of the best batting teams in the world on subcontinental wickets. If Binny can do that I'll acknowledge him as the best in the world. Mustafizur is a special talent and it is undeniable. Any bowler who bowls average 135 - 138 with top speed around 142 and then can bring it down to 120 and get serious movement off the pitch with little or no change of action and can get it to rise like he can will get success for many years to come. On top of all that he has superb accuracy for such a young bowler to fall back on which will ensure his success overseas as well where his cutters might not grip like they do on home tracks. Without a doubt one of the best bowlers in the world right now and will only improve with experience. I don't have to wait to announce someone great when it is right in front of me,
    Sounds like someone called Irfan Pathan lol

  52. #132
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nish_mate View Post
    Sounds like someone called Irfan Pathan lol
    Did Irfan Pathan dismantle the 2 best batting line ups of his day?

  53. #133
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,209
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    Did Irfan Pathan dismantle the 2 best batting line ups of his day?
    Err didnt he?? Pakistan and Australia when he debuted?

  54. #134
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,209
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    making a point that a few bowlers have had great debuts dont make them "best" and "superstar"...best of luck to the young chap but if he fails will surely bump it

  55. #135
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nish_mate View Post
    Err didnt he?? Pakistan and Australia when he debuted?
    Average 36 against Aussies. Took 4 wickets against Aussies once in 2008. Best is 3 against Pakistan.

    Not sure when he dismantled them.

  56. #136
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,209
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    Average 36 against Aussies. Took 4 wickets against Aussies once in 2008. Max took 3 against Pakistan.

    Not sure when he dismantled them.
    Ok wrong player, came top of my head of recent bowlers who had a great start and fizzed out, I guess I did make a rider in my following post...if he can sustain yes then yupp a star if not oh well a bump

  57. #137
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    3,582
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nish_mate View Post
    making a point that a few bowlers have had great debuts dont make them "best" and "superstar"...best of luck to the young chap but if he fails will surely bump it
    Exactly. Even Mendis have had a dream start. Staying at the top is harder than reaching the top.

  58. #138
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,766
    Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Lol jealous Indians and Pakistanis denying greatness. This kid just bamboozled both India and South Africa - two of the best batting teams in the world on subcontinental wickets. If Binny can do that I'll acknowledge him as the best in the world. Mustafizur is a special talent and it is undeniable. Any bowler who bowls average 135 - 138 with top speed around 142 and then can bring it down to 120 and get serious movement off the pitch with little or no change of action and can get it to rise like he can will get success for many years to come. On top of all that he has superb accuracy for such a young bowler to fall back on which will ensure his success overseas as well where his cutters might not grip like they do on home tracks. Without a doubt one of the best bowlers in the world right now and will only improve with experience. I don't have to wait to announce someone great when it is right in front of me,
    No one denies his talent bro.

    But you have to wait for a nice sample set to build up. Atleast outside Bangladesh where the pitches won't grip this much.

    When a bowler starts consistently doing well, the world will talk about him on its own.

    As of now, potential wise, he looks good (and he is acknowledged for that) but people don't rate on potential cos many have come and faded away.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  59. #139
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dios reminds of a Bangla Deshi guy working at a local grocey store in a market near our house.

    I went to get groceries there back in 2003 and we started talking since World Cup was on. He told "Masrafi Mortaza is as fost as Soaib aktar". Brings a smile to my face even today.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  60. #140
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nish_mate View Post
    Corrected. Lets not get overboard here, would be good to see him outside, in BD even Stuart Binny trumps anything BD can muster up with.
    I thought Bangladesh was a graveyard for fast bowlers, but immediately when a BD pacer does well its the best place for a quickie to some people. Fact remains even without his cutters he has been hard to handle and score runs off. His economy rate is testament to his accuracy and skill
    Last edited by RiseOfTheTigers; 15th July 2015 at 16:12.

  61. #141
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    2,862
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easily the best bowler from Asia at present. I might dare say the most talented fast bowler I have seen from Asia since Akram.

    At the age of 19 his control, measured line and length, deceptive cutters are amazing. Wish the kid a great future and hope he keeps improving.

    Top bowler. If he was from Pakistan or India he would have been hyped up as ATG by now.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Indian_Supporter; 15th July 2015 at 16:16.

  62. #142
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would love to see him mainting a sub 20 or even 25 average in the next 10 matches. Its not that he is mystery bowler who can be figured, he bowls good line and length

  63. #143
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    2,862
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bangladesh Fans - Dont listen to few bitter posters here. I have seen him bowl and he is a fantastic prospect. The way he owned us and now saffers is mind blowing. Favourable conditions or not, it take real talent at that tender age to bowl the way he is bowling. And as someone mentioned, he is no mystery bowler either so no question of getting figured out.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  64. #144
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian_Supporter View Post
    @bangladesh Fans - Dont listen to few bitter posters here. I have seen him bowl and he is a fantastic prospect. The way he owned us and now saffers is mind blowing. Favourable conditions or not, it take real talent at that tender age to bowl the way he is bowling. And as someone mentioned, he is no mystery bowler either so no question of getting figured out.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    i agree with that. He has performed on BD wickets against top sides

  65. #145
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,688
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Lol jealous Indians and Pakistanis denying greatness. This kid just bamboozled both India and South Africa - two of the best batting teams in the world on subcontinental wickets. If Binny can do that I'll acknowledge him as the best in the world. Mustafizur is a special talent and it is undeniable. Any bowler who bowls average 135 - 138 with top speed around 142 and then can bring it down to 120 and get serious movement off the pitch with little or no change of action and can get it to rise like he can will get success for many years to come. On top of all that he has superb accuracy for such a young bowler to fall back on which will ensure his success overseas as well where his cutters might not grip like they do on home tracks. Without a doubt one of the best bowlers in the world right now and will only improve with experience. I don't have to wait to announce someone great when it is right in front of me,
    Yes he is a special talent, he is better very very impressive. Dream start by him, he is rocking. But, Greatness?? No one can become great after 4-5 matches. You have many examples in front of you.
    No one denying he is special, but i think many will deny his GREATNESS and that is right thing to deny


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  66. #146
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,926
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a bowler! What a Test debut. 3 wickets in four balls. Ran through the SA Middle-order. Best bowler in Asia right now without a doubt. As I said I recognise greatness whether someone is playing their first match or their hundredth. This kid is here to rule.

  67. #147
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    2,251
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great spell, Ban have their 1st test class pacer

  68. #148
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,552
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Tremendous spell, 3 wickets in 4 balls. He's the next young pace sensation.

  69. #149
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,766
    Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Going from strength to strength.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  70. #150
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,648
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Surprising the hell out of Saffers.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  71. #151
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    8,280
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow. Dream start to career.


    "This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

  72. #152
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    7,756
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pace isn't too bad either


    “It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

  73. #153
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,203
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Post video of his wickets please.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  74. #154
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,926
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe Mushfiqur did not give him another spell before taking the new ball. He is simply lethal with the old ball. Would have ran through the SA tail. Robbed of a debut 5-fer.

  75. #155
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    2,251
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks a complete bowler

    Pace 135 ish and will improve with age

    Perfect lines and lengths

    Can move new and old ball

  76. #156
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    711
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Pace isn't too bad either
    Thats true. He seems to be gaining grounds the more he plays.

  77. #157
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Post video of his wickets please.
    http://tinyurl.com/qjn8u2l


    A bohemian I was born, A bohemian I would die!

  78. #158
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i just hope that he isn't overbowled. Thank God he will be able to rest whole of tomorrow

  79. #159
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    865
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Can't believe Mushfiqur did not give him another spell before taking the new ball. He is simply lethal with the old ball. Would have ran through the SA tail. Robbed of a debut 5-fer.
    I am happy with Mushi how he handled Mustafizur. If Mustafizur bowled couple of more overs he might get 5-fer but i think he was struggling a bit. He is still very young and need to handle carefully!

  80. #160
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Los Alamos, New Mexico
    Runs
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah...may be mushy over-bowled mustafiz 2/3 overs....I wait for the day Taskin and Mustafiz opens the bowling in a test match with Shahid as the 3rd pacer maybe Rubel as the 4th pacer...what an attack that will be with a duke ball in English condition!!!


    Time to choose...Dr. Freeman..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •