Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another mesmerizing bowling performance from the future legend

4-17-2

Wow, u can't get better than this. He's the heart of sunriser, everybody just plays around him

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhawan dropped McCullum off his bowling in his first over too.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor dhawan. Can't bowl, can't bat, can't field. Totally useless. If fizz hadn't played for sunriser God knows what would've happened to this team

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Cricinfo commentary: Darren Sammy on commentary: "Mustafizur is such a revelation. I have played in the Bangladesh Premier League. You cannot find the difference between the normal ball and cutter"

16.1 Mustafizur Rahman to Finch, no run, back of a length and cuts away outside off, 122ks, the batsman loses his shape. Swings and misses

16.4 Mustafizur Rahman to Finch, no run, 140ks, nails an off-stump yorker, jammed back to the bowler

Batsmen faced him to day: All Intl capped.
    MCCullum 1 (1)
    D Karthik 0 (3) out
    Finch 13 (12)
    Bravo 1 (4)
    Jadeja 1 (2) out
    P Kumar 1 (2)
    Last edited by BD-fan; 6th May 2016 at 16:34.

Forgive when you are on top. Don't you want to be forgiven?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_ View Post

4-17-2

Wow, u can't get better than this. He's the heart of sunriser, everybody just plays around him
    Legend at the age of 20? It took more than 10 years for Players like Wasim, Waqar, Tendulqar, Sanga even Bradman to call legend.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Legend at the age of 20? It took more than 10 years for Players like Wasim, Waqar, Tendulqar, Sanga even Bradman to call legend.
    Read again pal. I haven't said he's a legend. I've said he's someone who will become a legend in the future

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Read again pal. I haven't said he's a legend. I've said he's someone who will become a legend in the future
    Oh sorry!!! People said same about Amir 5 years back but I doubt he will last another 2-3 years, lost it completely. The faster you rise the faster you fall. Prime example Ajanta Mendis

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-17-2

Warner = SRH batting lineup + captain. He's their most important player by a mile.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh sorry!!! People said same about Amir 5 years back but I doubt he will last another 2-3 years, lost it completely. The faster you rise the faster you fall. Prime example Ajanta Mendis
    Exception can't be an example. But I agree with u regarding the fact that fizz will have to improve himself continuously like the way wasim or McGrath did back in their time

But u r correct about amir though. His bowling lacks the venom now a days

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if Fizz goes the Mendis way and batsmen start picking his variations he will still be a bowler who can bowl 140+ with good accuracy. He will never be a total bum. Clocked 144 today and I expect him to get quicker and quicker as he gets stronger. And I don't think his cutters will ever be totally figured out simply because he has at least two different variations of cutters and he delivers them without any change. They will always be dangerous on sticky pitches.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    People was definitely right then - and now, what 2/3 years, apart from Pakistan, any other country Aamir would have played his last International at 18, I do fancy you to know why.

I won't comment on Mendi's example to someone doesn't have any clue what went wrong for Mendis & what's the difference of a "mystery bowler" & a kid at 20/21, who can bowl 140K+ perfect yorkers & next ball 125K cutter with same action that batsmen like Steve Smith or Virat Kohli couldn't differentiate.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Warner = SRH batting lineup + captain. He's their most important player by a mile.
    Leading sunriser is one of the easiest job in this world. Even I could've done that. Keep fizz for the death overs, bowl Bhuvi at the beginning and fill the remaining overs with some allrounders and part timers

If he doesn't play Williamson is there to fulfill that role.

But there isn't a single bowler who could fulfill the role of fizz. If he performs sunriser does well if he fails sunriser fails. Hence he's the heart of this team

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is with this comparison with Mendis?

Mustafizur can bowl 140+ KPH, with good control over the ball and lethal yorker.

As for batsman figuring out, commentators showed a clip of Mustafizur bowling the cutter at slow motion and even then they couldn't notice the arm action. That makes it practically impossible to read his slower ball. Even his team SRH team-mates who faced in the nets like Warner, Dhawan, Henriques mentioned "its almost impossible" to read him. Now Mendis or even Narine were never "impossible to read" to begin with. If anything batsman will not simply premeditate against him. Sit on the backfoot and wait for the delivery. And its not like he has only one cutter, he has a quicker cutter bowled at 133, a moderately slower cutter bowled at 120-125, and the absolute slower bowl that is bowled just below 120 but he doesn't use that too often.

I already mentioned that he will only get better, and hasn't he? In 13 months he has increased his pace by 10 KPH, and has improved his yorker. With further guidance he can develop his ability to swing the ball, and maybe even reverse it one day

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's an incredible talent - if only he was born 30 or 40 miles to the West lol.

Jokes aside, I hope he stays fit for all his career and excels in all formats of the game.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Even if Fizz goes the Mendis way and batsmen start picking his variations he will still be a bowler who can bowl 140+ with good accuracy. He will never be a total bum. Clocked 144 today and I expect him to get quicker and quicker as he gets stronger. And I don't think his cutters will ever be totally figured out simply because he has at least two different variations of cutters and he delivers them without any change. They will always be dangerous on sticky pitches.
    So is Mustiz is the fast bowler who invented cutter?
    May I know what is the cutter bowing?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leading sunriser is one of the easiest job in this world. Even I could've done that. Keep fizz for the death overs, bowl Bhuvi at the beginning and fill the remaining overs with some allrounders and part timers

If he doesn't play Williamson is there to fulfill that role.

But there isn't a single bowler who could fulfill the role of fizz. If he performs sunriser does well if he fails sunriser fails. Hence he's the heart of this team
    Please calm down with your hype.

Warner Batting: Played: 8 Runs: 410 AVG: 68.33 SR: 166.66.
    Next best is the serial match-loser Dhawan: Played: 8 Runs: 188 (difference: 222) AVG: 37.60 (difference: 30.73) SR: 103.29 (difference: 63.37).

Mustafizur Bowling: Played: 8 Wickets: 10 AVG: 18.70 ECON: 6.23 SR: 18.
    Next best is Bhuvneshwar: Played: 8 Wickets: 12 (BK has 2 more) AVG: 20.66 (difference: 1.96) ECON: 8 (difference: 1.77) SR: 15.5 (BK beats him by 2.5 here).

Assuming you can comprehend the fact that these numbers don't lie, please tell me which of these players is more irreplaceable for SRH.

Captaincy is simply a bonus, since Warner is already carrying the team as a batsman, (scoring all the runs and providing the firepower simultaneously, to win matches for his team) while there isn't much difference between Mustafizur and BK's performance.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Los Alamos, New Mexico
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    What is with this comparison with Mendis?

Mustafizur can bowl 140+ KPH, with good control over the ball and lethal yorker.

As for batsman figuring out, commentators showed a clip of Mustafizur bowling the cutter at slow motion and even then they couldn't notice the arm action. That makes it practically impossible to read his slower ball. Even his team SRH team-mates who faced in the nets like Warner, Dhawan, Henriques mentioned "its almost impossible" to read him. Now Mendis or even Narine were never "impossible to read" to begin with. If anything batsman will not simply premeditate against him. Sit on the backfoot and wait for the delivery. And its not like he has only one cutter, he has a quicker cutter bowled at 133, a moderately slower cutter bowled at 120-125, and the absolute slower bowl that is bowled just below 120 but he doesn't use that too often.

I already mentioned that he will only get better, and hasn't he? In 13 months he has increased his pace by 10 KPH, and has improved his yorker. With further guidance he can develop his ability to swing the ball, and maybe even reverse it one day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OXySYLpDdY
    Wasn't the 3rd wicket and 6th wicket results of reverse swing? Notice the seam position on this 2 balls. The seam was perfectly aligned as if it was the left armer's out-swinger...but the ball reverses and swings the opposite way coming in...Specially the 6th wicket, did you see how much it air-swinged in to the block-hole off an out-swinger delivery?

Time to choose...Dr. Freeman..

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is Mustiz is the fast bowler who invented cutter?
    May I know what is the cutter bowing?
    Is it your nature to undermine any talent not from Pakistan especially if he comes from Bangladesh???

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Please calm down with your hype.

Warner Batting: Played: 8 Runs: 410 AVG: 68.33 SR: 166.66.
    Next best is the serial match-loser Dhawan: Played: 8 Runs: 188 (difference: 222) AVG: 37.60 (difference: 30.73) SR: 103.29 (difference: 63.37).

Mustafizur Bowling: Played: 8 Wickets: 10 AVG: 18.70 ECON: 6.23 SR: 18.
    Next best is Bhuvneshwar: Played: 8 Wickets: 12 (BK has 2 more) AVG: 20.66 (difference: 1.96) ECON: 8 (difference: 1.77) SR: 15.5 (BK beats him by 2.5 here).

Assuming you can comprehend the fact that these numbers don't lie, please tell me which of these players is more irreplaceable for SRH.

Captaincy is simply a bonus, since Warner is already carrying the team as a batsman, (scoring all the runs and providing the firepower simultaneously, to win matches for his team) while there isn't much difference between Mustafizur and BK's performance.

When I was talking about replacing Warner obviously I was referring to the captain Warner, not the batsman Warner since u mentioned his captaincy role as a part of something which makes him the heart of the team

If u read my post carefully u will see that I didn't even talk about his batting. He's doing great for sunriser as a batsman.

Now, if we leave the captaincy aside and simply talk about Warner the batter and fizz the bowler, still I would put fizz ahead of warner as the most impactful player of sunriser

U can't just measure the greatness of fizz just by looking at the numbers. It's much more than that. He usually bowls against the top batters of the opposition team, takes the most important wickets and bowls during the most difficult phases of the game.

He's the reason behind the success of other sunriser bowlers too because opposition batters knows that they won't be able to do anything against fizz at the back end of the innings which forces them to take unnecessary risk against other sunriser bowlers which more often than not results into fall of wicket

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeeebon View Post
    Is it your nature to undermine any talent not from Pakistan especially if he comes from Bangladesh???
    No Xeeebon, I have seen some of Shafi's post. He thinks highly of fizz and regularly praises him.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was talking about replacing Warner obviously I was referring to the captain Warner, not the batsman Warner since u mentioned his captaincy role as a part of something which makes him the heart of the team

If u read my post carefully u will see that I didn't even talk about his batting. He's doing great for sunriser as a batsman.

Now, if we leave the captaincy aside and simply talk about Warner the batter and fizz the bowler, still I would put fizz ahead of warner as the most impactful player of sunriser

U can't just measure the greatness of fizz just by looking at the numbers. It's much more than that. He usually bowls against the top batters of the opposition team, takes the most important wickets and bowls during the most difficult phases of the game.

He's the reason behind the success of other sunriser bowlers too because opposition batters knows that they won't be able to do anything against fizz at the back end of the innings which forces them to take unnecessary risk against other sunriser bowlers which more often than not results into fall of wicket
    Very well. You're entitled to express your opinion, as long as you're not attempting to parade it as a fact.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 6th May 2016 at 19:09.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darren Sammy on commentary: Mustafizur is such a revelation. I have played in the Bangladesh Premier League. You cannot find the difference between the normal ball and cutter

But great cricketers like PP's own @cricketjoshila and @Syed1 have no problems reading Mustafizur's cutters, lol.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch only scored 12 off 10 against the Grandmaster, that too with 8 balls in the slog (overs 16-20).

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Darren Sammy on commentary: Mustafizur is such a revelation. I have played in the Bangladesh Premier League. You cannot find the difference between the normal ball and cutter

But great cricketers like PP's own @cricketjoshila and @Syed1 have no problems reading Mustafizur's cutters, lol.
    After the first 2 ODIs vs India what did he do in the later matches?

His novelty of bowling fast cutters will wear off.There is no bowler in history who has remained a mystery.

Mustafizur's success will depend on his ability to do more than just bowl cutters.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post

His novelty of bowling fast cutters will wear off.There is no bowler in history who has remained a mystery.

Mustafizur's success will depend on his ability to do more than just bowl cutters.
    Thats a good question. Do you know the answer to it?

He bowled fairly well in all other matches vs India after those first 2 ODIs. Barring that 1 game where he went for 41 from 4 overs...and even that is not unheard of bowling figures in T20s. Had he been tonked for 80 in an ODI or 50+ in a T20 you might have had a point.

But in his remaining 3 games, since you asked, his figures are the following:

10-0-57-2
    4-0-41-0
    4-0-34-2

Thats an very decent econ rate of 7.33 an over. And actually those figures are "ruined" by a single over that went for 20 runs. Take that out and his economy rate drops to barely over 6 an over.

What more do you want? 18 maidens? Get the bleep outta here...Even then you'd find a reason to hate, lol. You might as well acuse him of chucking while you're at it.

But now I have a question for you?

You say Indians have decoded Mustafiz and the novelty of cutters will wear off...my question is two fold? By what mechanism will they decode his cutters? Secondly, what is so novel about an off cutter...my understanding is that off cutters have been around for a long time before Mustafiz was even born?
    Last edited by Shutdown Corner; 7th May 2016 at 02:02.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thats a good question. Do you know the answer to it?

He bowled fairly well in all other matches vs India after those first 2 ODIs. Barring that 1 game where he went for 41 from 4 overs...and even that is not unheard of bowling figures in T20s. Had he been tonked for 80 in an ODI or 50+ in a T20 you might have had a point.

But in his remaining 3 games, since you asked, his figures are the following:

10-0-57-2
    4-0-41-0
    4-0-34-2

Thats an very decent econ rate of 7.33 an over. And actually those figures are "ruined" by a single over that went for 20 runs. Take that out and his economy rate drops to barely over 6 an over.

What more do you want? 18 maidens? Get the bleep outta here...Even then you'd find a reason to hate, lol. You might as well acuse him of chucking while you're at it.

But now I have a question for you?

You say Indians have decoded Mustafiz and the novelty of cutters will wear off...my question is two fold? By what mechanism will they decode his cutters? Secondly, what is so novel about an off cutter...my understanding is that off cutters have been around for a long time before Mustafiz was even born?
    Why are you combining ODI and T20 economy rates? Mustafizur's economy against India in T20s is 9.25.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mustafizur's success will depend on his ability to do more than just bowl cutters .
    Now I have doubts that you are one of those keyboard cricket experts who even don't watch cricket rather just read articles and stats...

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How to play Mustafizur Rahman?

It's been an year since Mustafizur made his debut and since then there has been no looking back for him and he has taken the world of cricket by storm. He has an array of variations in his arsenal and it's been very hard time to pick his cutters for most of the batsmen. And the most potent of them all is his cutters which he bowls in some 2-3 speed ranges.

My question is what is the best way to play him?

My opinion is that his cutters are like vicious off spinners with both turn and bounce on a sticky wicket. I think the most important thing while facing him is to cut down your slog shots against him on the legside. Avoid trying to muscle him straight down the ground because you are going to mistime it 9 out of 10 time. Never attempt the scoop shot because he hardly bowls with pace and so it will mostly end down the throat of the short third man or fine leg or chances are that you won't connect at all.

I think the best way to play him is square off the wicket especially through the offside. You should hang on the backfoot and try to play him either in front of point or behind point by cutting him using your wrists. If you're playing him on the legside, try to flick him off the hips or pull him to the deep square leg boundary by creating space by moving to the offside. But obviously, the most difficult part is to detect his cutters

Of course these are just speculations and he has other varieties to combat the batsman like a vicious yorker, a wide yorker, etc. But the batsman have to play him somehow too.

So what is the best way to play him according to you? Your thoughts please..
    Last edited by MenInG; 7th May 2016 at 04:32.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Easy enough in ODIs and TESTs because you can easily negotiate his cutters for the 1s and 2s. Will probably be a handful in the death overs but by the time, the better teams would've feasted on the rest of the mediocre BD bowlers.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Pyongyang
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As a slow left arm bowler with a run up with keeping an eye for occasional faster one.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The thing about him is how he can vary his pace by such a huge margin without you realizing it, that's how you lob it in the air.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's see how he performs in test format. I want to see if he's actually a wicket taking bowler who's not just limited to conserve runs.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    Let's see how he performs in test format. I want to see if he's actually a wicket taking bowler who's not just limited to conserve runs.
    Did well in the one Test match he played. But apart from that, it depends on the type of support he gets. In ODIs/T20s he has a competent captain who supports him tactically. In tests, he will generally bowl without much support. Although in the lone Test match, he did receive a lot of captaincy help and voila took a few wickets for hardly any runs.

The most important thing, which some people disregard, is his bowling IQ. He will learn how to pick wickets regardless of the conditions or whatever. The question is will he be merely a decent bowler who averages around 35 in Tests or will he be a very good bowler who can average under 30?

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Why are you combining ODI and T20 economy rates? Mustafizur's economy against India in T20s is 9.25.
    Because I was asked to without regard for format. Yes his econ rate is 9.25, but take out the 20 run over and he has 7 overs at an econ rate of 6.5 or so. If you think you Mustafiz will be taken for 20 run overs in ever game he plays versus India...I would recommend visiting a good shrink.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The key to playing any spinner is to watch the hand, playing spin bowlers of the pitch is a recipe for disaster..

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    The key to playing any spinner is to watch the hand, playing spin bowlers of the pitch is a recipe for disaster..
    It's extremely difficult for a batsman to read fizz's delivery from his hand due to his extremely fast hand bowling action. Even greats like McGrath or wasim had to change their actions significantly to bowl the slower ones

That's not the case with fizz. His actions remains almost identical when when delivering the normal or slower ones.

No wonder he's considered as the future of modern fast bowling by most of the experts

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't hype like you people!!! Calling Amir as next Wasim and Mustafiz as next legend. Let them get at least 300 test wickets first to call them great and 450+ wickets to call them legends in average of 20 runs per wicket.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Before commenting blindly first try to understand the message. I have nothing against Mustafiz. I just ask question who is the inventor of cutter and what type of bowling is that?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Now I have doubts that you are one of those keyboard cricket experts who even don't watch cricket rather just read articles and stats...
    I have watched more cricket than you can even imagine.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Somewhere from Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I laugh when I hear people say "Mustafizur is slow pace bowler "

Musta bro isn't medium pacer. He's more of fast medium. He generally bowls at 134-138 kmph. With variations sometime he bowls at 120s suddenly a quicker one at 140-145 kph.

Day by day he's proving that he's better than Amir.

(P.S. I am also a big fan of Amir)

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Funny when Indians come into the discussion about world class pace bowlers.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anik Sharma View Post
    Not cool bro. We had bowlers like kapil dev who's considered as one of the best fast bowlers of all time

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Kapil Dev has more wickets and a bigger stature in world cricket than the entire Bangladesh team put together.

Its funny how fan of a minnow team which is ranked 10th 9th and 7th in T20s Tests and ODIs respectively is trying to take shots at a team,comparing whose achievements to that of the BD team will be like devaluing those achievements.

Funny when BD team fans come to talk about cricket played by the likes of India or Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kapil Dev has more wickets and a bigger stature in world cricket than the entire Bangladesh team put together.

Its funny how fan of a minnow team which is ranked 10th 9th and 7th in T20s Tests and ODIs respectively is trying to take shots at a team,comparing whose achievements to that of the BD team will be like devaluing those achievements.

Funny when BD team fans come to talk about cricket played by the likes of India or Pakistan.
    We started playing cricket much later than India. If you compare progress by year we are far better than India at this point of our cricketing journey.

So you make no sense at all. It's like a OK category batsman scoring more runs with 40 odd Ave in 24 years opposed to a excellent category batsman scoring good amount of runs with 55 odd ave but played only 12 years.

You got my point. (I know you did but will still disagree..huh)

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also I will not reply any Indian's quote anymore if it's utter non sense filled with filth like the previous one (Joshila)

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    We started playing cricket much later than India. If you compare progress by year we are far better than India at this point of our cricketing journey.

So you make no sense at all. It's like a OK category batsman scoring more runs with 40 odd Ave in 24 years opposed to a excellent category batsman scoring good amount of runs with 55 odd ave but played only 12 years.

Your part of the world started playing cricket with British India in 1932 and Pakistan in 1947.So take this excuse elsewhere.

Ok catagory.LOL.As i said Kapil Dev is a bigger cricketer than the entire Bangladesh team put together.He is counted among the greats and no BD cricketer is even close to that catagory.

You know what happens when a poor team gets a good cricketer,the fajs believe he is the best in the world since he is the best in that poor team.This exactly explains the position of BD fans.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I laugh when I hear people say "Mustafizur is slow pace bowler "

Musta bro isn't medium pacer. He's more of fast medium. He generally bowls at 134-138 kmph. With variations sometime he bowls at 120s suddenly a quicker one at 140-145 kph.

Day by day he's proving that he's better than Amir.

(P.S. I am also a big fan of Amir)
    Watching Amir's bowling is depressing. He was never as good as Wasim but he was far better bowler ( 5years loss can never be recovered) than what he is now-a-days. So its kind of stupidity to compare Mustafiz with Amir.

Mustafiz has talent!!! We can see clear picture in 10 years time.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your part of the world started playing cricket with British India in 1932 and Pakistan in 1947.So take this excuse elsewhere.

Ok catagory.LOL.As i said Kapil Dev is a bigger cricketer than the entire Bangladesh team put together.He is counted among the greats and no BD cricketer is even close to that catagory.

You know what happens when a poor team gets a good cricketer,the fajs believe he is the best in the world since he is the best in that poor team.This exactly explains the position of BD fans.
    These are the problems with so obsessed fans. 1 or 2 good seasons and they think the same player will perform same or even better years after years. There are ups and downs and its interesting to see how these players cope with pressure. I think Kapil & Tendulqar are Indian legends to overcome those difficult times.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Watching Amir's bowling is depressing. He was never as good as Wasim but he was far better bowler ( 5years loss can never be recovered) than what he is now-a-days. So its kind of stupidity to compare Mustafiz with Amir.

Mustafiz has talent!!! We can see clear picture in 10 years time.
    Its stupid to compare anyone to Wasim.There isnt a Wasim today there wasnt a Wasim before Wasim Akram.There is a reason that almost every great batsman of Wasims era says he was the most difficult bowler to face.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we all waiting for him to fail? Why cant we all wish him success. He is outguiling batsmen left right and center , can bowl 140 plus and has a deadly yorker and near perfect cutter. Leta celebrate his talent.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Why are we all waiting for him to fail? Why cant we all wish him success. He is outguiling batsmen left right and center , can bowl 140 plus and has a deadly yorker and near perfect cutter. Leta celebrate his talent.
    No body wants him to fail but people do not like this blind obsession. Sometimes they claim that Moddy and other English players learning Bengali for Mustafiz, France is calling Mustafiz silent assassin.....

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No body wants him to fail but people do not like this blind obsession. Sometimes they claim that Moddy and other English players learning Bengali for Mustafiz, France is calling Mustafiz silent assassin.....
    Fans go over the top and subcontinent fans are obviously more obsessive than the others , we can excuse a lilttle bit of overexageration on their part. Mustafiz is no wasim but its the first great cricketer BD have produced so they deserve to big him up.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not the right way to put it cricketjoshila. Football was introduced to the Indians by the British about two hundred years ago. Then why do we still struggle in this game and lose miserably to teams like Iran who were introduced to football much more later than us by the same British

The reason is they r much more passionate about football and play it much more professionally and competitively than we do.

Same can be said about Bangla cricket. Of course Bangla played cricket during 70s, visited England for playing ICC trophy as an associate. Does this mean that cricket was popular back then in Bangla and played in every corner of the country? Did they have proper infrastructure for cricket?

Of course not. Bangla was a football crazy nation back then. Cricket becomes popular much much later during late 90s when they won their first ever ICC trophy.

Even their domestic league got the first class status at the beginning of 2000 which means they have been playing it competitively at the domestic level for just over 15 years. So, do you think it's enough time for a poor third world country with even poorer cricket infrastructures to become successful in international cricket?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    That's not the right way to put it cricketjoshila. Football was introduced to the Indians by the British about two hundred years ago. Then why do we still struggle in this game and lose miserably to teams like Iran who were introduced to football much more later than us by the same British

The reason is they r much more passionate about football and play it much more professionally and competitively than we do.

Same can be said about Bangla cricket. Of course Bangla played cricket during 70s, visited England for playing ICC trophy as an associate. Does this mean that cricket was popular back then in Bangla and played in every corner of the country? Did they have proper infrastructure for cricket?

Of course not. Bangla was a football crazy nation back then. Cricket becomes popular much much later during late 90s when they won their first ever ICC trophy.

Even their domestic league got the first class status at the beginning of 2000 which means they have been playing it competitively at the domestic level for just over 15 years. So, do you think it's enough time for a poor third world country with even poorer cricket infrastructures to become successful in international cricket?
    India did well in football and even qualified for the WC.Then Nehru decided it was not important.Football and Hockey regressed in India after independence.Replaced by cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fans go over the top and subcontinent fans are obviously more obsessive than the others , we can excuse a lilttle bit of overexageration on their part. Mustafiz is no wasim but its the first great cricketer BD have produced so they deserve to big him up.
    However fans across the border don't try to understand this.

And no one is saying he is a legend already, people only said he has a lot of potential and there is nothing wrong with that especially when someone like Umar Akmal was compared to SRT

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Having said that, neutral fans should stop wanting him to fail. If he fails then whose gain is it? Cricket which already has a handful of quality cricketers will have even fewer quality players.

As a cricket fan, I want Amir, Kohli, etc to succeed because we need quality players. And quality players are a treat to watch. If you are going to be a hater then your life will be reduced to one where you hope that player X fails on one occassion in 10 and you celebrate on that occassion while the player gets to live his dream

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Having said that, neutral fans should stop wanting him to fail. If he fails then whose gain is it? Cricket which already has a handful of quality cricketers will have even fewer quality players.

As a cricket fan, I want Amir, Kohli, etc to succeed because we need quality players. And quality players are a treat to watch. If you are going to be a hater then your life will be reduced to one where you hope that player X fails on one occassion in 10 and you celebrate on that occassion while the player gets to live his dream
    Why should anyone want him to fail?But that doesnt mean everyone has to say he is the second coming of Wasim Akram.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    He is GREAT?Really?

He is promising yes.But great?

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Geez you really are very young.

Kapil is rated more by the English than Indians themselves.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One thing BDeshis will realize is that when somebody is truly great you don't have to big up their performances after every match.

Do you see Indians posting Kohli's scores after every IPL innings?

Heck nobody even bumped the Kohli discussion thread after that amazing century today.

Perhaps this is Bangladesh's first player that is good enough for people to take seriously hence they feel the need to big him up further. He is a good bowler and will only get better with time, but no need to portray him as the second coming of champions of yester-years.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why should anyone want him to fail?But that doesnt mean everyone has to say he is the second coming of Wasim Akram.
    People can draw a lot of pleasure from seeing a particular player fail given how talented he is.

In his 13 months of cricket where he played almost 50 matches where he failed in a grand total of 2 matches, one against India which was his first match after injury where he looked rusty and 2nd, a 2 over spell where he gave out 21, where he had smith in all sorts of trouble in one over though smith had the class to score 2 boundaries against Mustafiz during the powerplay.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    One thing BDeshis will realize is that when somebody is truly great you don't have to big up their performances after every match.

Do you see Indians posting Kohli's scores after every IPL innings?

Heck nobody even bumped the Kohli discussion thread after that amazing century today.

Perhaps this is Bangladesh's first player that is good enough for people to take seriously hence they feel the need to big him up further. He is a good bowler and will only get better with time, but no need to portray him as the second coming of champions of yester-years.
    once again, you are talking as if its we who are hyping him up all the time.

A lot of threads on PP regarding Mustafiz have been opened by Indians and Pakistanis and only one opened by a Bangladeshi, and that would be me where I asked if its possible to figure out the cutter. The hype is from all over the globe, you are singling out Bangladeshi posters only. Everytime you follow CI you will see how non BDeshis will portray him as a talisman everytime he has the ball in his hand. I have never hyped Mustafiz, never compared him to Wasim or Waqar, i mean they are not even similar bowlers.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    People can draw a lot of pleasure from seeing a particular player fail given how talented he is.
    He is promising and thats it.He has hardly done anything in tests and anything outside of Asia to justify so much hype.

In his 13 months of cricket where he played almost 50 matches where he failed in a grand total of 2 matches, one against India which was his first match after injury where he looked rusty and 2nd, a 2 over spell where he gave out 21, where he had smith in all sorts of trouble in one over though smith had the class to score 2 boundaries against Mustafiz during the powerplay.
    50 matches?Please dont talk about BPL.

He is promising but he doesnt deserve the hype BDers give him.Heck BDers believe he is second coming of Wasim Akram,if not better.Lol some fans here believe he is better than Kapil Dev or any Indian fast bowler.How good he is will be known when he plays outside BD and in the long term.There is a big difference between promising and being a actual world class player,the catagory of greats is even further away.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is GREAT?Really?

He is promising yes.But great?
    I mean he is promising greatness and you can already see that he has ingredients to do really well.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I mean he is promising greatness and you can already see that he has ingredients to do really well.
    I will see it after he has done something in tests and outside of Asia where his cutters wont grip.

Btw promising greatness?Thats a big big statement.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    True we don't know his true potential playing outside, but he can only play what is infront of him.

He has done well with the limited oppurtunity he has.

He has already busted some myths:

1) Cannot perform outside Bangladesh, did well in WT20 and IPL
    2) He is a medium pacer at best, bowled a 90MPH ball just yesterday
    3) Has only the cutter in his armoury, developed a mean yorker
    4) Batsman will be able to read him very soon, there has been enough proof to confirm that his action is not readable because of those rubber wrists. Only in ultra slow motion can you properly read his cutters and even if you read those cutters you can't tell whether its a 115KPH cutter, 125 kph cutter or the quicker cutter bowled at 130+

Ofcourse his job is not done, he will learn his trade over time. Should go to county and learn more tricks there. We don't credit him only for how good he started off but how well he has improved and stayed hungry even with the success he has had.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will see it after he has done something in tests and outside of Asia where his cutters wont grip.

When sachin first came in people knew that he was destined to do great things though he initially wasn't performing that well but he was 16. Wasim akram promised greatness when he played his second test match and went onto almost fulfill his promise.

Mustafiz too is promising us greatness , not on the level of sachin or wasim but he is.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though its quite true that he has to perform well outside bd and sc in tests to be indisputably good bowler. So far so good though.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    When sachin first came in people knew that he was destined to do great things though he initially wasn't performing that well but he was 16. Wasim akram promised greatness when he played his second test match and went onto almost fulfill his promise.

Mustafiz too is promising us greatness , not on the level of sachin or wasim but he is.
    You believe Mustafizur is promising greatness.Then i believe the standards of greatness have to be reset.

Tendulkar as a 16yr old scored fifties againist 2Ws and IK.Hit Qadir for 3 consecutive 6s.Wasim Akram as a 17-18 yr old was troubling the great Viv and WI line up.

Mustafizur promises to be good player even a world class one,but Greatness?Really?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You believe Mustafizur is promising greatness.Then i believe the standards of greatness have to be reset.

Tendulkar as a 16yr old scored fifties againist 2Ws and IK.Hit Qadir for 3 consecutive 6s.Wasim Akram as a 17-18 yr old was troubling the great Viv and WI line up.

Mustafizur promises to be good player even a world class one,but Greatness?Really?
    Well its not his fault we do not have a viv these days but he us troubling everyone in front of him. Bowled well in the test match he played against the then number 1 south African team. Its not his fault that he hasn't set a foot wrong yet.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India did well in football and even qualified for the WC.Then Nehru decided it was not important.Football and Hockey regressed in India after independence.Replaced by cricket.
    Exactly the point I was referring to. It's all about giving priority to a certain game and creating passion for it among the mass. Bangla have taken cricket seriously much much later compared to the other Asian teams.

U can't just say that they started playing cricket during 30s or 40s in the last century just because they were a part of greater India.

U can't expect results in international cricket out of nowhere. They have done the hard work in last 10-12 years in developing a competitive domestic structure and now they've started to get the results of their hard work

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can only handle what is in front of you.

He has played plenty of cricket and has done well. Has troubled the best batsman in the world and occasionally got their wickets with a sub-20 average across all formats with a good ER.

So you can't go and tell him, you know what, you never faced Punter, SRT, Lara, you are nothing.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will be interesting to see how he does outside of subcontinent and to see if he can develop swing with the new ball

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Will be interesting to see how he does outside of subcontinent and to see if he can develop swing with the new ball
    If he does well outside Asia it will be great but if he fails in some of his earlier tours it won't be the end of the world for him

Shane Warne is considered as the greatest leg spinner of all time but he used to get smacked for boundaries on a regular basis against India in India and had an average of 45 or something like that in tests against us.

Does this mean he wasn't a world class spinner because he failed to do anything against some of the best players of spin bowling?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he does well outside Asia it will be great but if he fails in some of his earlier tours it won't be the end of the world for him

Shane Warne is considered as the greatest leg spinner of all time but he used to get smacked for boundaries on a regular basis against India in India and had an average of 45 or something like that in tests against us.

Does this mean he wasn't a world class spinner because he failed to do anything against some of the best players of spin bowling?
    Warne always use to get the better of England in England as well though. But it's better if fizz does well in other countries not just subcontinent

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mustafiz has troubled the likes of Kohli, Baz, etc.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Warne struggled againist one country only.He has a very good record againist the rest.If Mustafizur does something like that then ofcourse he will be a great.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Mustafiz has troubled the likes of Kohli, Baz, etc.
    Oh please.All in ODIs and at home.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^
    actually those would be T20s and in India(IPL). Once again, making up facts.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are his cutters gripping in IPL? He's still doing decently...most economical bowler so far and among the top 5 in wickets as well. If the pitches are gripping for Mustafiz, why aren't they gripping for Ashwin, Narine, Axar, or Chowla?