Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 400 of 770
  1. #321
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    3,449
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's a good bowler like watching him bowl..

    Can't understand OTT sentiment of people here it's really funny how people label players legends after 2 games..

    He's doing good right now and should carry on performing like this for next 10 years and then we all can agree he's a legend..

  2. #322
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight our future Bowling great is going to face a tough challenge. The pitch is so flat that even yuvi is smacking the sunriser bowlers for fun

  3. #323
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    karnataka
    Runs
    33
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_ View Post
    Tonight our future Bowling great is going to face a tough challenge. The pitch is so flat that even yuvi is smacking the sunriser bowlers for fun
    Height of stupidity. He is in sunraisers squad

  4. #324
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Warne struggled againist one country only.He has a very good record againist the rest.If Mustafizur does something like that then ofcourse he will be a great.
    True. He was very successful against Sri Lanka and Pakistan.

  5. #325
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by navitrk2 View Post
    Height of stupidity. He is in sunraisers squad
    Improve ur comprehension skills. U won't have to remind me that fizz and yuvi are playing for the same team

  6. #326
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_ View Post
    Tonight our future Bowling great is going to face a tough challenge. The pitch is so flat that even yuvi is smacking the sunriser bowlers for fun
    @navitrk2 my apologies mate

    I meant Mumbai bowlers. Excuse that typo pls

  7. #327
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,131
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mustafizur shinning again

  8. #328
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,989
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mustafizur now the second highest wicket taker in the IPL. Only one wicket behind McClenaghan having played one match less. Best average and economy rate by far. I had predicted he would be in the Top 3 if he played enough matches now he'll probably finish as the highest wicket-taker in his debut season.

  9. #329
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,373
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_ View Post
    @navitrk2 my apologies mate

    I meant Mumbai bowlers. Excuse that typo pls
    Relax, for a young bowler with great potential, in 2/3 threads there had been so much rubbish spouted here that sometimes I get scared to even open the Mustafiz threads.

    He is proving every hater wrong, who are raising the bar for him every time he is performing. Actually, it's a no win situation for Mustafiz - until Bangladesh wins a Test series in AUS, SAF & ENG with Mustafiz winning MoS - I don't see that happening during his career (IND/PAK couldn't do that in 80+ years so far), so he 'll always remain an "over hyped, mystery blower, a one trick pony", whose bubble is going to bust just whenever he is going to play in the country he hasn't played yet............

  10. #330
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,741
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    He's a good bowler like watching him bowl..

    Can't understand OTT sentiment of people here it's really funny how people label players legends after 2 games..

    He's doing good right now and should carry on performing like this for next 10 years and then we all can agree he's a legend..
    But there is no issue hyping Amir to the moon after a couple of good series on helpful wickets

  11. #331
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    2,862
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Relax, for a young bowler with great potential, in 2/3 threads there had been so much rubbish spouted here that sometimes I get scared to even open the Mustafiz threads.

    He is proving every hater wrong, who are raising the bar for him every time he is performing. Actually, it's a no win situation for Mustafiz - until Bangladesh wins a Test series in AUS, SAF & ENG with Mustafiz winning MoS - I don't see that happening during his career (IND/PAK couldn't do that in 80+ years so far), so he 'll always remain an "over hyped, mystery blower, a one trick pony", whose bubble is going to bust just whenever he is going to play in the country he hasn't played yet............
    Both Ind and Pak won test series in Eng. Just saying.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  12. #332
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,989
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ravi Shastri to Ashish Nehra: "Make sure you learn the grip from Mustafizur"

    Hope Fizz stays away from the Indian pacers. I think he is pretending not to know English or Hindi so he doesn't have to talk them about his bowling.

  13. #333
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,373
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian_Supporter View Post
    Both Ind and Pak won test series in Eng. Just saying.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    I know - that's why there are 3 teams mentioned.

  14. #334
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Ravi Shastri to Ashish Nehra: "Make sure you learn the grip from Mustafizur"

    Hope Fizz stays away from the Indian pacers. I think he is pretending not to know English or Hindi so he doesn't have to talk them about his bowling.
    It's not like Nehra is a youngsta beauty

    Anyway. There is nothing to learn. He has got some outstanding wrists which not many will have. Hence his bowling of cutters with little change in action.

  15. #335
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,527
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Ravi Shastri to Ashish Nehra: "Make sure you learn the grip from Mustafizur"

    Hope Fizz stays away from the Indian pacers. I think he is pretending not to know English or Hindi so he doesn't have to talk them about his bowling.
    Don't think any cricketer in the world has rubber like wrists so no point

  16. #336
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Don't think any cricketer in the world has rubber like wrists so no point
    One guy has. Unfortunately he doesn't bowl

  17. #337
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,527
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    One guy has. Unfortunately he doesn't bowl
    I personally feel that would be Amla but Kohli is a close second. Kohli would make a good boxer, strong bottom hand.

    Maybe he used to get in fights when he was young

  18. #338
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,373
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    One guy has. Unfortunately he doesn't bowl
    Actually, most sub-continent players are born with strong wrists - Azhar, VVS, Zaheer, Saeed, Vishi, Mazid, Dias, Mahela, Sanath, Sanga .... even our Bulbul (Aminul), had steel made wrists compared to their body mass. What unique for Mustafiz is the flexibility of his wrist; it's extremely strong but flexible at the same time which allows him to vary pace with same action. Besides, this guy is extremely cunning for his age & the format is helping him as well.

  19. #339
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    709
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Relax, for a young bowler with great potential, in 2/3 threads there had been so much rubbish spouted here that sometimes I get scared to even open the Mustafiz threads.

    He is proving every hater wrong, who are raising the bar for him every time he is performing. Actually, it's a no win situation for Mustafiz - until Bangladesh wins a Test series in AUS, SAF & ENG with Mustafiz winning MoS - I don't see that happening during his career (IND/PAK couldn't do that in 80+ years so far), so he 'll always remain an "over hyped, mystery blower, a one trick pony", whose bubble is going to bust just whenever he is going to play in the country he hasn't played yet............
    Test series? lol let Bangla win a test match in their own backyard first. Of course performing well in tests will take Mustafizur to new heights.

  20. #340
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Actually, most sub-continent players are born with strong wrists - Azhar, VVS, Zaheer, Saeed, Vishi, Mazid, Dias, Mahela, Sanath, Sanga .... even our Bulbul (Aminul), had steel made wrists compared to their body mass. What unique for Mustafiz is the flexibility of his wrist; it's extremely strong but flexible at the same time which allows him to vary pace with same action. Besides, this guy is extremely cunning for his age & the format is helping him as well.
    Yeah that's true. The kid seems to be very intelligent and a quick learner. I think the only thing missing from his armoury is swing. If he can learn that, he'll be a sensation in Tests.

  21. #341
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,373
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    Test series? lol let Bangla win a test match in their own backyard first. Of course performing well in tests will take Mustafizur to new heights.
    Comprehension is your problem, I can't help on that. It's Bangladesh for you, not Bangla.

  22. #342
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,373
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Yeah that's true. The kid seems to be very intelligent and a quick learner. I think the only thing missing from his armoury is swing. If he can learn that, he'll be a sensation in Tests.
    Actually, that could be counter productive for him - for conventional swing of the ball, 1st thing you need is steady wrist & proper use of seem; which is not his strength. He can learn that (Imran learned out-swing in his 30s), but with a risk that it might cost his cutters. I don't think he 'll ever be a great swing bowler, rather he should plan to be a good user of new ball with seem-up balls on channels. For a bowler like him, if he can make batsmen play at 80%+ of his 1st spell balls, he 'll be great.

    Bowlers actually learn themselves most - best thing he can do is avoid "Coaches", listen lot & observe. Intelligent boy, with lots for "good habits" - if he keeps his eye & mind open, couple of year in County, he 'll learn enough how to use new ball in FC games, keeping his core intact. Only "Coaching" that should help him is how to strengthen his body, manage work load & keep fit.

  23. #343
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    709
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Comprehension is your problem, I can't help on that. It's Bangladesh for you, not Bangla.
    I don't think anyone is asking for Test series wins to prove his worth. I just made an observation that Bangla(desh) have yet to win a test match, and here you are dreaming of series wins in Aus, Eng and Ind ...

  24. #344
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,373
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    I don't think anyone is asking for Test series wins to prove his worth. I just made an observation that Bangla(desh) have yet to win a test match, and here you are dreaming of series wins in Aus, Eng and Ind ...


    He is proving every hater wrong, who are raising the bar for him every time he is performing. Actually, it's a no win situation for Mustafiz - until Bangladesh wins a Test series in AUS, SAF & ENG with Mustafiz winning MoS - I don't see that happening during his career (IND/PAK couldn't do that in 80+ years so far), so he 'll always remain an "over hyped, mystery blower, a one trick pony", whose bubble is going to bust just whenever he is going to play in the country he hasn't played yet............


  25. #345
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Actually, that could be counter productive for him - for conventional swing of the ball, 1st thing you need is steady wrist & proper use of seem; which is not his strength. He can learn that (Imran learned out-swing in his 30s), but with a risk that it might cost his cutters. I don't think he 'll ever be a great swing bowler, rather he should plan to be a good user of new ball with seem-up balls on channels. For a bowler like him, if he can make batsmen play at 80%+ of his 1st spell balls, he 'll be great.

    Bowlers actually learn themselves most - best thing he can do is avoid "Coaches", listen lot & observe. Intelligent boy, with lots for "good habits" - if he keeps his eye & mind open, couple of year in County, he 'll learn enough how to use new ball in FC games, keeping his core intact. Only "Coaching" that should help him is how to strengthen his body, manage work load & keep fit.
    I was thinking the same as well today during the match. The cutters are so natural, instinctive and ingrained in his muscle memory that swing might come at the cost of reduced effectiveness in one or the other. I might be wrong and he may learn it to swing prodigiously as well but what you say makes sense.

    Anyway his county stint will be interesting. Zaheer's stint at Worcestershire changed him as a bowler and he became a canny bowler after that. Will certainly be an important chapter in the kid's career.

  26. #346
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,527
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    True the cutters are so natural, but he does bowl seam up in ODIs at times and I think we need him more in tests along with Taskin than anything else, so even if he is half as effectice in Tests as he is in LOIs we will take that gleefully.

  27. #347
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,557
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Fizzzzz giving nightmares to many Pakistani and Indian fans who aren't accepting that he is outstanding bowler

    Well done boy, keep it up. I hope he will improve with every day.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  28. #348
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,281
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Fizzzzz giving nightmares to many Pakistani and Indian fans who aren't accepting that he is outstanding bowler

    Well done boy, keep it up. I hope he will improve with every day.
    Yeah!!! Both Pakistani and Indians are trembling to face the greatest talent on earth.
    Over reaction!!! One good season and people already hyping him future legend. Can people wait at least 5 years to judge?

  29. #349
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,659
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    Test series? lol let Bangla win a test match in their own backyard first. Of course performing well in tests will take Mustafizur to new heights.
    Mustafizur has nothing to do with a Bangladeshi test win. If he is performing in tests and Bangladesh not winning he will still be able to take hi to new height.

  30. #350
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,659
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Yeah!!! Both Pakistani and Indians are trembling to face the greatest talent on earth.
    Over reaction!!! One good season and people already hyping him future legend. Can people wait at least 5 years to judge?
    Was it the same in case of Aamir?

  31. #351
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,659
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Fizzzzz giving nightmares to many Pakistani and Indian fans who aren't accepting that he is outstanding bowler

    Well done boy, keep it up. I hope he will improve with every day.
    Absolutely.

  32. #352
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,557
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Yeah!!! Both Pakistani and Indians are trembling to face the greatest talent on earth.
    Over reaction!!! One good season and people already hyping him future legend. Can people wait at least 5 years to judge?
    Haha i never said he is legend, i never hyped him. I am just stating fact that currently he is outstanding LOI bowler. Though he needs to be tested in Test and also in away conditions. But i do hope that this boy may perform well, he is a good talent and should not be wasted.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  33. #353
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    2,862
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Fizzzzz giving nightmares to many Pakistani and Indian fans who aren't accepting that he is outstanding bowler

    Well done boy, keep it up. I hope he will improve with every day.
    Why would he give nightmare to Indians? We open heartedly accept we are rubbish in bowling. So no jealousy towards Mustafiz. Its only Amir fans getting agitated

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  34. #354
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    I don't think anyone is asking for Test series wins to prove his worth. I just made an observation that Bangla(desh) have yet to win a test match, and here you are dreaming of series wins in Aus, Eng and Ind ...
    Do u even know when did Bangladesh get their test Status and how long have they been playing it?


    No problem, I m here to remind u. It's little over 16 years and they haven't played too many test series against teams like Aus, SA or England in these years.


    Even witch so little experience they have managed to smash West indies in West indies in a test series which many teams who claim themselves as a top test team is yet to achieve



    So pls take ur hatred somewhere else. They have already emerged as a strong side and they've shown their strength by whitewashing teams like Pakistan or newzealand in Odis and by drawing test series against a team like South Africa

  35. #355
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,719
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_ View Post
    Do u even know when did Bangladesh get their test Status and how long have they been playing it?


    No problem, I m here to remind u. It's little over 16 years and they haven't played too many test series against teams like Aus, SA or England in these years.


    Even witch so little experience they have managed to smash West indies in West indies in a test series which many teams who claim themselves as a top test team is yet to achieve



    So pls take ur hatred somewhere else. They have already emerged as a strong side and they've shown their strength by whitewashing teams like Pakistan or newzealand in Odis and by drawing test series against a team like South Africa
    everything else is fine but drawing against south africa was a joke... Say thanks to the rain.

  36. #356
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    27,699
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This IPL stint will do him wonders for the future and more such exposure with current and former good players will only benefit him more.

    He's pretty much handling his first season of IPL really well and nearly picks up wickets in every match and his economy isn't that high either.

    He could most likely go on to become a great of Bangladesh cricket in fast bowling if he keeps his feet grounded.

  37. #357
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Relax, for a young bowler with great potential, in 2/3 threads there had been so much rubbish spouted here that sometimes I get scared to even open the Mustafiz threads.

    He is proving every hater wrong, who are raising the bar for him every time he is performing. Actually, it's a no win situation for Mustafiz - until Bangladesh wins a Test series in AUS, SAF & ENG with Mustafiz winning MoS - I don't see that happening during his career (IND/PAK couldn't do that in 80+ years so far), so he 'll always remain an "over hyped, mystery blower, a one trick pony", whose bubble is going to bust just whenever he is going to play in the country he hasn't played yet............
    Ya, I've seen it all. He's a one dimensional bowler who can't swing the ball. The only ball he can bowl is slower deliveries. He'll soon be found out. Just let him get out of mirpur bla, bla, bla................


    Bangladeshi fans should just ignore these nonsense. This guy has immense potential
    Last edited by Prince_; 8th May 2016 at 18:12.

  38. #358
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    everything else is fine but drawing against south africa was a joke... Say thanks to the rain.
    I think it's South Africa who were lucky and should thank the rain God. Otherwise Bangla could have won their first ever test series against South Africa

  39. #359
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    4,967
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One year of International Cricket and already: many are labelling him as a star. He does look really good for limited overs, but we have yet to see how he will do in tests. Also, playing away from the subcontinent for a change. If he can yet prove doubters wrong – then I think it's safe to say the kid is unique. I don't think he will thrive in tests since he doesn't have that extra pace, and is prolonged to injuries. He was very bad in that game against India where the pitch had grass. He doesn't seem to have the conventional swing. He relies too much on the cutter, and he of all people should know that the cutter is not enough to succeed at this level. He also barely bowls seam up deliveries. He needs to learn to bowl early up, and take some wickets. I've noticed though however that his bowling and fielding is improving all the time in his IPL campaign. He's sensational, but still has a long-way to go. He needs to work on his fitness and swing.

  40. #360
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cutters he bowls are slow and suddenly he bowls a 140 plus delivery yorker and 99% of the batsmen haven't been able to do anything about it. "The Fizz" as he been nick named in ipl will do wonders in the future. Great talent for sure.

  41. #361
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    865
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh's Mustafizur Rahman could well ignite a bidding war between several KFC Big Bash League clubs as the T20 magician's stock continues to soar.

    Mustafizur is one of the hottest T20 bowlers in the world right now, dominating the Indian Premier League at the Sunrisers Hyderabad with lively left-arm pace, deceptive slower balls and a hostile yorker.

    http://www.cricket.com.au/news/musta...es/2016-05-09#

  42. #362
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,281
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Was it the same in case of Aamir?
    Same opinion. Let Amir last another year or 2 first. His bowling is absolutely venom less. Even players like Khurram hits 4s and 6s of his ball so as Salman Butt and any international bowlers.
    People should stop hyping after few good performances.

  43. #363
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Energetic View Post
    One year of International Cricket and already: many are labelling him as a star. He does look really good for limited overs, but we have yet to see how he will do in tests. Also, playing away from the subcontinent for a change. If he can yet prove doubters wrong – then I think it's safe to say the kid is unique. I don't think he will thrive in tests since he doesn't have that extra pace, and is prolonged to injuries. He was very bad in that game against India where the pitch had grass. He doesn't seem to have the conventional swing. He relies too much on the cutter, and he of all people should know that the cutter is not enough to succeed at this level. He also barely bowls seam up deliveries. He needs to learn to bowl early up, and take some wickets. I've noticed though however that his bowling and fielding is improving all the time in his IPL campaign. He's sensational, but still has a long-way to go. He needs to work on his fitness and swing.
    Brother Energetic, where have you been? You were the biggest supporter of Bangladesh when they were getting smashed left, right and center. And now when they are playing better, you have been missing

  44. #364
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fizz should retire from test cricket as soon as possible in order to prolong his career and should solely focus on Odis and t20s. He has the potential to become one of the greatest bowlers of all time in Limited Overs cricket.



    There is no need for him to waste his skill and energy in useless test format since it's considered as boring and time consuming by majority of the cricket fans.



    With the recent emergence of different t20 leagues like ipl, BPL and psl there won't be any test format after 10/15 years anyway

  45. #365
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_ View Post
    Fizz should retire from test cricket as soon as possible in order to prolong his career and should solely focus on Odis and t20s. He has the potential to become one of the greatest bowlers of all time in Limited Overs cricket.



    There is no need for him to waste his skill and energy in useless test format since it's considered as boring and time consuming by majority of the cricket fans.



    With the recent emergence of different t20 leagues like ipl, BPL and psl there won't be any test format after 10/15 years anyway
    Test format is the true test of a cricket player.

  46. #366
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,684
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What are we still discussing here? Bowlers? Don't you know cricket is just a Batsman Vs Batsman game. #cricketanalyst

  47. #367
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    695
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_ View Post
    Fizz should retire from test cricket as soon as possible in order to prolong his career and should solely focus on Odis and t20s. He has the potential to become one of the greatest bowlers of all time in Limited Overs cricket.



    There is no need for him to waste his skill and energy in useless test format since it's considered as boring and time consuming by majority of the cricket fans.



    With the recent emergence of different t20 leagues like ipl, BPL and psl there won't be any test format after 10/15 years anyway
    i fear he will do what you just whishing. Looking at his skinny body he won't survive in test arena, his body looks too fragile type. But it would be good if he can play those LOIs for us for long long time.

  48. #368
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Test format is the true test of a cricket player.
    Streety brother, that's what we have been told by some so called experts but I don't agree with that view.


    ODI and t20 sre the formats which take the ultimate test of a cricketer

  49. #369
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaan View Post
    i fear he will do what you just whishing. Looking at his skinny body he won't survive in test arena, his body looks too fragile type. But it would be good if he can play those LOIs for us for long long time.
    Your test captain doesn't look like a smart chap. He might destroy this wonderful talent. Overall it will be a sensible move from fizz's part if he indeed decides to retire from test cricket 🙄

  50. #370
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,659
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Same opinion. Let Amir last another year or 2 first. His bowling is absolutely venom less. Even players like Khurram hits 4s and 6s of his ball so as Salman Butt and any international bowlers.
    People should stop hyping after few good performances.
    This is called fans. They are more emotional and passionate than they are logical and its true for fans of every kind of sports all over the world. I agree with your post but again fans always overhype and you cant do anything about it.

  51. #371
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,035
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets not forget Sohail Tanvir was also the best bowler of IPL at one stage in his life

  52. #372
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,264
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    lets not forget Sohail Tanvir was also the best bowler of IPL at one stage in his life
    Ironically Rahman isn't even the best bowler in the IPL this year, but the kind of hype he is getting you would tend to think he single handedly won his side a WC or a test series in Australia..


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  53. #373
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,527
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    lets not forget Sohail Tanvir was also the best bowler of IPL at one stage in his life
    Back then there weren't too many quality T20 batsman and neither where his other bowling parts skilled either.

    Having said that, comparing two completely different bowlers. Mustafiz and Tanvir

  54. #374
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,527
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ironically Rahman isn't even the best bowler in the IPL this year, but the kind of hype he is getting you would tend to think he single handedly won his side a WC or a test series in Australia..
    He has the best bowling average and economy rate(and by a good margin to the second best).

    He is being hyped because almost all batsman struggled against him and he has helped his side win plenty of matches. Points table will tell you they have been the best team so far though no one expected them to perform

  55. #375
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,989
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ironically Rahman isn't even the best bowler in the IPL this year, but the kind of hype he is getting you would tend to think he single handedly won his side a WC or a test series in Australia..
    Who has been better than Mustafiz? Fizz is one wicket behind Russell who is the current purple-cap holder but has played one match less and has a better average and much better economy rate. In fact he is the only bowler in the Top 5 with an economy rate less than 7. It's just above a run a ball which is phenomenal given the high-scoring nature of the tournament. Expecting Fizz to get the purple cap today. Only one wicket will do it for him.

  56. #376
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,264
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Who has been better than Mustafiz? Fizz is one wicket behind Russell who is the current purple-cap holder but has played one match less and has a better average and much better economy rate. In fact he is the only bowler in the Top 5 with an economy rate less than 7. It's just above a run a ball which is phenomenal given the high-scoring nature of the tournament. Expecting Fizz to get the purple cap today. Only one wicket will do it for him.
    You always like to play around with stats

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  50.4 KB

    You are right Rahman has the best average and economy, but he has played the same number of matches as Russell. Also Watson has a wicket more than him despite playing one less match.

    If you want to nitpick, then I can nitpick too


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  57. #377
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,035
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Back then there weren't too many quality T20 batsman and neither where his other bowling parts skilled either.

    Having said that, comparing two completely different bowlers. Mustafiz and Tanvir
    really? this is a very pathetic argument....so is the 'fizz' better than all the legendary quick bowlers because batting standard wasn't the same 10 years ago? The point was that doing well in the IPL is no yardstick about a players ability...we have seen numerous IPL heroes that are no where near the national teams today..just saying

  58. #378
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,527
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    You always like to play around with stats

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  50.4 KB

    You are right Rahman has the best average and economy, but he has played the same number of matches as Russell. Also Watson has a wicket more than him despite playing one less match.

    If you want to nitpick, then I can nitpick too
    Mustafiz played 9 matches and that 10th match is currently on going and will come on to bowl later in the evening

    Regardless, contribution in team wins, average and ER are all the matters and in that sense he has been the besy performer

    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    really? this is a very pathetic argument....so is the 'fizz' better than all the legendary quick bowlers because batting standard wasn't the same 10 years ago? The point was that doing well in the IPL is no yardstick about a players ability...we have seen numerous IPL heroes that are no where near the national teams today..just saying
    Well batsman these days are more equipped to play bowlers with variation. Let for example, Rahat bhatia has so much variation in IPL but in international cricket he would be a handful because most top batsman aren't too bothered by minor variations, virat destroyed him last time around. That's why India go with nehra and Bumrah

    Now I will never say IPL is the yardstick. Mustafizur has been stunning in international cricket and almost singlehandedly won us a few matches. We fans just watch him bowl because we don't have e anything better to do with no international cricket

  59. #379
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,989
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Mustafiz played 9 matches and that 10th match is currently on going and will come on to bowl later in the evening


    As usual brother Syed1 embarrassing himself. Nothing new.

  60. #380
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,264
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    As usual brother Syed1 embarrassing himself. Nothing new.
    The only one who is embarrassing himself is you.

    Oh did Rahman bhai win his purple cap today?

    Let me check


    Got out bowled by everyone in his side except for part-time Yuvraj. Whattay legund


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  61. #381
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,911
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best T20 fast bowler in the world.

  62. #382
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,776
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Strictly AVERAGE performance from the Fizz.


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  63. #383
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    3,449
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    But there is no issue hyping Amir to the moon after a couple of good series on helpful wickets
    I am Indian and I like Amir too and I think he can become a great bowler if he puts in the hard work.. The way you replied to me showed the problem with our country..

    Two wrongs never make a right my brother, if you watch any debates on TV both BJP and congress blame each other's mis deeds and never accept their own faults.. Same logic you just gave Amir is hyped by someone so fizz could be hyped? Get out of this logic and teach others to get rid of it too if you want the nation to grow..

  64. #384
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,989
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    The only one who is embarrassing himself is you.

    Oh did Rahman bhai win his purple cap today?

    Let me check


    Got out bowled by everyone in his side except for part-time Yuvraj. Whattay legund
    Did you even watch the match? 13 runs off the 17th and 19th overs combined with Dhoni and Perera at the crease with required rate over 10. Not a single boundary conceded in the death overs. Pretty much won SRH the match by leaving more than enough for Nehra to defend. Lol at being outbowled. Yeah Bhuvi as usual did his thing at the start and made use of the swing but couldn't deliver when the pressure was on and conceded 15 off his one death over. Go watch the analysis and see what the commentators are saying about the effect Fizz had on the match or you can carry on embarrassing yourself. As for the purple cap he is still only one wicket away. As soon as he equals it he will go top because of his vastly superior economy rate. Not worried about that.

  65. #385
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    3,449
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I only watched the death overs in today's match and fizz bowled very well.. He's turning out to be a super signing for sunrisers..

  66. #386
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,264
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Did you even watch the match? 13 runs off the 17th and 19th overs combined with Dhoni and Perera at the crease with required rate over 10. Not a single boundary conceded in the death overs. Pretty much won SRH the match by leaving more than enough for Nehra to defend. Lol at being outbowled. Yeah Bhuvi as usual did his thing at the start and made use of the swing but couldn't deliver when the pressure was on and conceded 15 off his one death over. Go watch the analysis and see what the commentators are saying about the effect Fizz had on the match or you can carry on embarrassing yourself. As for the purple cap he is still only one wicket away. As soon as he equals it he will go top because of his vastly superior economy rate. Not worried about that.
    Whattay lejund always helping his side win even by his average performances.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  67. #387
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,989
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Whattay lejund always helping his side win even by his average performances.
    His average performances are better than the best performance of most bowlers right now. What can I say.

  68. #388
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,527
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    The only one who is embarrassing himself is you.

    Oh did Rahman bhai win his purple cap today?

    Let me check


    Got out bowled by everyone in his side except for part-time Yuvraj. Whattay legund
    What do you mean by being outbowled? He gave away only 13 runs at the death in a match where his team had to defend around 10 rpo at the death.

    Oh wait, you people demand that he gets 2-3 wickets every match to show that he is worth it. You definitely understand cricket far better than this nobodies like Sammy, Doull, and all other comm who has played cricket and watch the matches while you sit in front of Cricinfo and making judgements.

    I am just going to draw a comparison. I never compare Amir with Mustafiz, but Amir played in BPL and Mustafiz played in IPL with better quality players on more batting friendly tracks. Mustafiz's team is on the top of the table and has the best average and ER in the tourney, while Amir's team in BPL(and it was a better side than other teams in the tourney on paper) was bottom ranked.

    Find me a 20 year bowler who can regularly bowl at the death with barely getting tonked on flat tracks against quality batsman, say Dhoni and Perera.

  69. #389
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,264
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I am just going to draw a comparison. I never compare Amir with Mustafiz, but Amir played in BPL and Mustafiz played in IPL with better quality players on more batting friendly tracks. Mustafiz's team is on the top of the table and has the best average and ER in the tourney, while Amir's team in BPL(and it was a better side than other teams in the tourney on paper) was bottom ranked.
    Worst logic of all time. Amir was best bowler of the BPL and was head and shoulders above the next closest. It's not his fault that his team was ranked at the bottom despite him being the best bowler of the league.

    Also Rahman has the assistance of Nehra and Bhuvi (who has the purple cap now) and Warner as opening batsman is probably the second or third best T20 batsman in the world. That is why his side is ranked so high, not because Rahman bhai was picking up fivers for fun in every match.

    You question my cricketing knowledge but then start comparing two bowlers based on the performances of their teams. Haha keep trying buddy


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  70. #390
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,989
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Worst logic of all time. Amir was best bowler of the BPL and was head and shoulders above the next closest. It's not his fault that his team was ranked at the bottom despite him being the best bowler of the league.

    Also Rahman has the assistance of Nehra and Bhuvi (who has the purple cap now) and Warner as opening batsman is probably the second or third best T20 batsman in the world. That is why his side is ranked so high, not because Rahman bhai was picking up fivers for fun in every match.

    You question my cricketing knowledge but then start comparing two bowlers based on the performances of their teams. Haha keep trying buddy
    Do you think Mustafizur has been the best bowler in the IPL?

  71. #391
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,264
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Do you think Mustafizur has been the best bowler in the IPL?
    I think he has been excellent and may end up as the best bowler in this year's IPL, but he is no where near the level you guys are hyping him to be.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  72. #392
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Did you even watch the match? 13 runs off the 17th and 19th overs combined with Dhoni and Perera at the crease with required rate over 10. Not a single boundary conceded in the death overs. Pretty much won SRH the match by leaving more than enough for Nehra to defend. Lol at being outbowled. Yeah Bhuvi as usual did his thing at the start and made use of the swing but couldn't deliver when the pressure was on and conceded 15 off his one death over. Go watch the analysis and see what the commentators are saying about the effect Fizz had on the match or you can carry on embarrassing yourself. As for the purple cap he is still only one wicket away. As soon as he equals it he will go top because of his vastly superior economy rate. Not worried about that.
    Lol this quite a partial analysis.

    Surely giving 5 runs off 3 overs bowling in the powerplay taking one wicket (one wicket denied) is a bit more than what you have credited Bhuvi for in your post.

    He has been setting the rhythm for SRH for many matches now taking early wickets consistently by swinging the ball pegging the opposition on backfoot.

  73. #393
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,989
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Lol this quite a partial analysis.

    Surely giving 5 runs off 3 overs bowling in the powerplay taking one wicket (one wicket denied) is a bit more than what you have credited Bhuvi for in your post.

    He has been setting the rhythm for SRH for many matches now taking early wickets consistently by swinging the ball pegging the opposition on backfoot.
    You are right - Bhuvi was good but ask yourself this whose contribution mattered more for SRH winning today? RPS were still in a very good position to win going into the final overs despite that phenomenal spell by Bhuvneshwar at the start. If it wasn't for Mustafiz's two overs at the death RPS would have got home but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Dios; 10th May 2016 at 19:49.

  74. #394
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    2,999
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All else aside - the guy is an absolute pleasure to watch.

    You want to sit up and watch him bowl. Brilliant bowler.


    sawaal ye ni k ap ko kyun nikaala, sawaal ye k ap aaye kaisay.

  75. #395
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    You are right - Bhuvi was good but ask yourself this whose contribution mattered more for SRH winning today? RPS were still in a very good position to win going into the final overs despite that phenomenal spell by Bhuvneshwar at the start. If it wasn't for Mustafiz's two overs at the death RPS would have got home but that's just my opinion.
    I'm not really discrediting Mustafiz. He bowled really well at the death but I felt it was more of a complete team performance. The batsmen had decided not to take chances against Fizz and were going for doubles rather than boundaries. His return was expected. BK at the top, Nehra complementing him, Fizz at the death and Ojha's phenomenal glove work were all reasons for the win and it wasn't a one man performance.

  76. #396
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,527
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    I'm not really discrediting Mustafiz. He bowled really well at the death but I felt it was more of a complete team performance. The batsmen had decided not to take chances against Fizz and were going for doubles rather than boundaries. His return was expected. BK at the top, Nehra complementing him, Fizz at the death and Ojha's phenomenal glove work were all reasons for the win and it wasn't a one man performance.
    True

    I think everyone did their job well. Sunrisers bought bhuv to get wickets up front. Mustafizur doing what Malinga did for MI

  77. #397
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    2,829
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhuvi Kumar should get credit, he has been amazing. The Fizz is still better.

  78. #398
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,527
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Syed1

    Abu haider rony was the best bowler in BPL by a big margin and also won the tourney for him

    I never mentioned that Amir is inferior. Mustafiz did his part. Find me one current bowler with obvious exception of Starc who can boast a ER less than 7 at the death.

    He is not getting wickets because batsman aren't chancing their arms against him at the death because they know that will only cost them wickets. But that doesn't matter to fizz. He is being hyped to bowl economical spell at the death and win his team matches by choking the runs. And not come into bowl when there is a new batsman in the wicket. That is others job.

    If you do what your team needs you to do and your team is winning you matches. In BD vs Pak T20 match Mustafiz gave just 20 runs in his quota. We won the match easily. He made the job easier for other players same way other bowlers helped him a bit.

  79. #399
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    20,172
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    What do you mean by being outbowled? He gave away only 13 runs at the death in a match where his team had to defend around 10 rpo at the death.

    Oh wait, you people demand that he gets 2-3 wickets every match to show that he is worth it. You definitely understand cricket far better than this nobodies like Sammy, Doull, and all other comm who has played cricket and watch the matches while you sit in front of Cricinfo and making judgements.

    I am just going to draw a comparison. I never compare Amir with Mustafiz, but Amir played in BPL and Mustafiz played in IPL with better quality players on more batting friendly tracks. Mustafiz's team is on the top of the table and has the best average and ER in the tourney, while Amir's team in BPL(and it was a better side than other teams in the tourney on paper) was bottom ranked.

    Find me a 20 year bowler who can regularly bowl at the death with barely getting tonked on flat tracks against quality batsman, say Dhoni and Perera.
    Amir won a world t20 in his first ever tournament whereas Mustafiz went home crying after his side choked against India in his first tournament

  80. #400
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    20,172
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    However mustafizur has had a better start than Amir in LOI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •