Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been playing non stop cricket since his debut against India and the future legend looked really tired in the last game.

It looks like ge badly needs some rest. God knows who gave him the idea of playing County cricket.

He has played enough club cricket in this year. He should go back to home after finishing his duties for sunrisers and prepare himself for international matches
    Last edited by Prince_; 14th May 2016 at 16:00.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_ View Post
    He has been playing non stop cricket since his debut against India and the future legend looked really tired in the last game.

It looks like ge badly needs some rest. God knows who gave him the idea of playing County cricket.

He has played enough club cricket in this year. He should go back to home after finishing his duties for sunrisers and prepare for international matches
    Playing in England can develop him further. He needs to develop to become this atg u think he will be . Who are Bangladesh playing next and when?

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Playing in England can develop him further. He needs to develop to become this atg u think he will be . Who are Bangladesh playing next and when?
    I think first they will play against Sri Lanka/ Zimbabwe, no so sure though.

Then they will visit us to play a test series. I've heard that few Odis have also been added to the schedule but then again I don't have any concrete information about it.

But whatever it is, I don't think fizz will be able to trouble our FTBs though. Nobody can take panga against our FTBs in our own ground, not even a future legend like fizz.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think first they will play against Sri Lanka/ Zimbabwe, no so sure though.

Then they will visit us to play a test series. I've heard that few Odis have also been added to the schedule but then again I don't have any concrete information about it.

But whatever it is, I don't think fizz will be able to trouble our FTBs though. Nobody can take panga against our FTBs in our own ground, not even a future legend like fizz.
    Future legend should find a way to get overcome this though

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't watch the match where he went for runs. Was expensive. I guess he was not bowling the cutters often and going for the blockhole and probably tried to go for the blockhole and not getting it right.

Won't worry too much, and surely not a one trick poney like some mentioned. He has been playing non stop cricket and I believe he needs to be given a rest. Probably if SRH wins 1 of their remaining matches they should rest him.

As for batsman trying to work on him, its also his job to develop further. He has already developed some pace, starting to use the bouncer and is working on the yorker. He will add more to his repertoire in the coming years. But i am quite sure some of you have finally were able to celebrate only the 2nd time when Mustafiz has been expensive in his quota(1st being the match against India in AC).

He is a thinking cricketer and he will work in his skills

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mustafizz needs to shave off his light mustache and beard, get a clean shave also get a haircut like russell and dye it blonde, gain 20 kg of muscles, get a mitch tattoo. He needs to look like Akram Khan and ball like

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mustafiz is bound to deliver in next match.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we get too see mustafizur bowl at amla would be a good battle

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we get too see mustafizur bowl at amla would be a good battle
    Fizz has already got Amla out a couple of times.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This Mustafizur lad doesn't seem all that. Looks overrated to me. His cutters are very easy to read. Don't know what's the fuss about the guy.

Smoked him for 6 sixes in an over today in stick cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Thanks never knew that let's see if he can do it again

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One trick pony..... Been found out mid way through the IPL.

Amla made him look silly by going back and across deep into crease and waiting.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post

I don't know if he has been found out or not, but interestingly enough, Steve Smith adopted a similar strategy as well and succeeded against him. Ashwin too shuffled a lot in the crease and played him with not much problems.

Probably it is the best way to play against him.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 - 32 - 1

Not upto his usual standards

But not that bad either.

He definitely needs to improve his performance.

He's been bowling too many low full tosses lately.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post

Not sure which match you watched he played the scoop to good effect when Mustafiz bowled the yorker. Nothing you can do about that

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy keeps bragging. No shame

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems as though amla has found a way to counter mustafizur let's see what approach batsman take in the next few games

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    4 - 32 - 1

Not upto his usual standards

But not that bad either.

He definitely needs to improve his performance.

He's been bowling too many low full tosses lately.
    Third poor game on the trot by the ATG

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Dios does he have the purple cap yet?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    How in earth is 4-0-32-1(on pitch where averagr rpo was 9) and 4-0-26-0 where he choked the opposition batsman in the death?

4-0-39-0 is poor, others are okay but by his standards not the best in the world

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So 26 runs off 4 overs including 13 runs off two death overs counts as a poor performance in T20? Then ATG Amir had so many poor performances in the BPL and PSL.

Going at 8 an over bowling at the death when match RR is 9+ isn't a disaster either. But I think he could've bowled better to Amla today. Should've fired in a few yorkers on legstump.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So only Bhuvi matched Fizz for economy rate (in both teams) among the pacers in the match on what was a batting paradise. Bhuvi got two overs at the start when batsmen weren't attacking. Fizz on the other hand got one over at the start, took a wicket and conceded only four runs, and was taken off and was brought back at the death. What a horrendous performance. Should retire.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So 26 runs off 4 overs including 13 runs off two death overs counts as a poor performance in T20? Then ATG Amir had so many poor performances in the BPL and PSL.

Going at 8 an over bowling at the death when match RR is 9+ isn't a disaster either. But I think he could've bowled better to Amla today. Should've fired in a few yorkers on legstump.
    For Amir standard 30 in 4 overs is ok but for Mustafiz it should not be more than 12 runs and at least 3-4 wickets.Because according to so expert PP Mustafiz is better than Wasim Akram.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, we expect far better performance from a bowler of fizz's caliber but that pitch was way too flat bro

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    For Amir standard 30 in 4 overs is ok but for Mustafiz it should not be more than 12 runs and at least 3-4 wickets.Because according to so expert PP Mustafiz is better than Wasim Akram.
    That's a false accusation. Nobody claimed that. Wasim is an ATG.

Fizz supporters have sayed that FIZZ has all the quality to become as successfull as wasim in limited overs Cricket
    Last edited by Prince_; 15th May 2016 at 14:30.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nehle pe dehla

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's a false accusation. Nobody claimed that. Wasim is an ATG.

Fizz supporters have sayed that FIZZ has all the quality to become as successfull as wasim in limited overs Cricket
    He won't be as successful as wasim. Will need to swing it with new and old ball in LOI and test formats can't see him doing it

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First of all

1) Wasim "was" an ATG or atleast a great. Now obviously that is after playing about 500 matches, people claim that Mustafiz has potential to be as effective as Wasim in LOIs. Regardless, Wasim was sultan of swing and on green wickets unplayable. Even on unfriendly wickets he could get late swing. Mustafiz will develop it over the years. Now your own legend Wasim said that Mustafiz is an exciting prospect and wil go a long way. Allan Donald and Steyn said the same, and obviously they understand things better than any of us keyboard warrior. However, no one said Mustafiz is as good

2) This ridiculously high standards people set are downright ridiculous. If you ask me, on this wicket 175 was par so a pace bowler on slow wickets going for 8 RPO isn't as bad. Obviously not the best performance.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won't be as successful as wasim. Will need to swing it with new and old ball in LOI and test formats can't see him doing it
    I could write an essay on this but I will try to keep it as short as possible

First of all, as I've already stated in many of my previous posts that I want fizz to retire from test cricket all together. It will not only help him to concentrate on Odis and t20s but also alow him to remain injury free for a longer period.

No point in playing that worthless format anyway. But then again I m not even a Bangla supporter and I m sure majority of Bangla supporters love test and want fizz to play in that format.

Now as far as odis r concerned concerned, if a bowler can swing the ball as much as the ''sultan of swing'' wasim used to swing it then it's excellent, but that certainly doesn't necessarily mean that if a bowler can't swing the ball prodigiously he won't get any success in ODI format.

McGrath wasn't much of swing bowler. But he was a nightmare for most of the batsmen due to his immaculate line, length and the ability to extract the seam movement from the pitch.

Now, of course Fizz isn't as tall as McGrath, so obviously he won't get that awkward bounce from the good length.

But, McGrath didn't have much variations like fizz and had to change his action for bowling a slower delivery which fizz can do without giving a slight clue to the batsman.

Lastly, the introduction of the two new balls and lush green outfields have already made reverse swing a forgotten art. Fizz already has weapons like slower deliveries and a deadly yorker in his arsenal to tackle the batsmen in the back end of the innings

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

First of all, as I've already stated in many of my previous posts that I want fizz to retire from test cricket all together. It will not only help him to concentrate on Odis and t20s but also alow him to remain injury free for a longer period.

No point in playing that worthless format anyway. But then again I m not even a Bangla supporter and I m sure majority of Bangla supporters love test and want fizz to play in that format.

Now as far as odis r concerned concerned, if a bowler can swing the ball as much as the ''sultan of swing'' wasim used to swing it then it's excellent, but that certainly doesn't necessarily mean that if a bowler can't swing the ball prodigiously he won't get any success in ODI format.

McGrath wasn't much of swing bowler. But he was a nightmare for most of the batsmen due to his immaculate line, length and the ability to extract the seam movement from the pitch.

Now, of course Fizz isn't as tall as McGrath, so obviously he won't get that awkward bounce from the good length.

But, McGrath didn't have much variations like fizz and had to change his action for bowling a slower delivery which fizz can do without giving a slight clue to the batsman.

Lastly, the introduction of the two new balls and lush green outfields have already made reverse swing a forgotten art. Fizz already has weapons like slower deliveries and a deadly yorker in his arsenal to tackle the batsmen in the back end of the innings
    Very nice response

Will neverever be as good as Wasim though wasim had everything as a bowler

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Somewhere from Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fizz is just homesick that's all. Soon it will be alright if he come here in Bangladesh for few days and again return to India like Shakib did. THEN I am sure he'll crack some 3 wkt hawls in next matches. Or he may have to play some matches against the men in blues again to get back his real form. You know Mustafizur likes Indians a lot ;)
    Last edited by Anik Sharma; 15th May 2016 at 18:15.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Fizzzz will be key today against KKR. MVP along with DW for Sunrisers!

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he'll come good tonight. He's been playing non stop cricket since his debut. He Needs some rest. 😅

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bangladesh barely ever plays Test at all.

They are the country with strongest limited overs preference in the world.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Homesick!!! Weird excuses by BD fans for Fizz's expected decline. How will he ever cope with Country cricket then?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anik Sharma View Post
    Fizz is just homesick that's all. Soon it will be alright if he come here in Bangladesh for few days and again return to India like Shakib did. THEN I am sure he'll crack some 3 wkt hawls in next matches. Or he may have to play some matches against the men in blues again to get back his real form. You know Mustafizur likes Indians a lot ;)
    Yep. His real form produced 8-0-72-2 in the last two games against Indians.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anik Sharma View Post
    LOL.

Aww poor Fijj...I'm sure spending a few days with mommy will help him improve his bowling. We demand IPL to be brought to Bangladesh next year because Fijjy can't play away from home for too long!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why won't he be homesick? He is a 20 year old on a campaign abroad for 6 weeks where there is no one he can talk to in person barring a few BDeshis here and there or maybe even Shakib. He doesn't know English so he can't really talk to anyone at all.

Not sure its a valid excuse for not performing well, but hey I think he has still done quite well in the last few matches. Its funny how fans keep saying "he should retire if gets homesick or if people should be worried about his injury"

Kevin Pietersen(a batsman and not pace bowler, playing at the peak in terms of fitness level) didn't last 2 weeks in the IPL and he is already home playing golf. But no, BCB and BD fans should not be worried about the fitness of a "pace bowler".

Sometimes, people here don't want to give a 20 year old slack. 99% of the fans here at the age of 20 were basically keyboard warriors posting comments through their laptop sitting at the comfort of the chair in their room.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Why won't he be homesick? He is a 20 year old on a campaign abroad for 6 weeks where there is no one he can talk to in person barring a few BDeshis here and there or maybe even Shakib. He doesn't know English so he can't really talk to anyone at all.

Not sure its a valid excuse for not performing well, but hey I think he has still done quite well in the last few matches. Its funny how fans keep saying "he should retire if gets homesick or if people should be worried about his injury"

Kevin Pietersen(a batsman and not pace bowler, playing at the peak in terms of fitness level) didn't last 2 weeks in the IPL and he is already home playing golf. But no, BCB and BD fans should not be worried about the fitness of a "pace bowler".

Sometimes, people here don't want to give a 20 year old slack. 99% of the fans here at the age of 20 were basically keyboard warriors posting comments through their laptop sitting at the comfort of the chair in their room.
    Fijj was the best bowler ever. Then he was as good as Wasim. Then he was better than Starc & Amir. Now he is better than PP Posters? It's all going downhill

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Fijj was the best bowler ever. Then he was as good as Wasim. Then he was better than Starc & Amir. Now he is better than PP Posters? It's all going downhill

He's still way better than amir. No question about that. His fans are little bit upset only because he's set up a very high standard for himself and his performance in past few matches weren't up to his usual standard.

But that doesn't necessarily mean he performed poorly in past 3/4 ipl matches. Actually "32-1 or 24-1", these r pretty good figures for a bowler in t20 cricket.

But ofcourse a bowler of fizz's caliber who has all the potential to become as good as wasim could've performed a bit better.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    LOL.

Aww poor Fijj...I'm sure spending a few days with mommy will help him improve his bowling. We demand IPL to be brought to Bangladesh next year because Fijjy can't play away from home for too long!
    LOL. He's 20 years old with very little experience who hasn't played that many matches outside his home country before this IPL.

He's expected to feel lonely and homesick, right? Besides he hasn't performed that badly in past few marches either. He's still the best bowler in this year's ipl.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I never compared him to any of the above

If I recall correctly the likes of Donald and Wasim highly rated Mustafiz despite his age, but some of the posters here feels that a newbie don't deserve some slack when he has been outside his comfort zone for quite a while.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's still the best bowler in this year's ipl.
    Number 6th in highest wickets column

Number 17th in best average column

Number 6th in best economy column

And he is the best bowler in this years IPL

Its funny when you folks talk about bowling, since you know zilch about it

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never compared him to any of the above

If I recall correctly the likes of Donald and Wasim highly rated Mustafiz despite his age, but some of the posters here feels that a newbie don't deserve some slack when he has been outside his comfort zone for quite a while.
    When he's doing well, he's the next ATG. When he doesn't, he's homesick. You conveniently ignore that batsmen have adapted. Just look at the way batsmen have been playing him. Smith, Amla etc figured him out

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But But But..Warner dropped that catch. Otherwise...

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A quality post that. You make some valid points there, esp about him and test cricket. Very practical. Kudos man.

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only guy who can talk to him in the team is Ricky Bhui who speaks a bit of Bengali. Apparently, Tom Moody and co use Ricky as translator. Good for Ricky!

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When he's doing well, he's the next ATG. When he doesn't, he's homesick. You conveniently ignore that batsmen have adapted. Just look at the way batsmen have been playing him. Smith, Amla etc figured him out
    Ofcourse at one point batsman will get adapted. But 2 or 3 shots played against Mustafiz doesn't indicate that batsman is comfortable against him. Even in Fizz's first ODI against India, he went for runs on top where Rohit was owning him. Its not like Fizz is unplayable. I don't ignore that batsman are adapting, every batsman adapt the same way Mustafiz is adapting.

Fizz started bowling around the wicket to adapt, he is bowling fewer cutters and trying to bowl the yorker more often.

If anything you are hinting at the fact that batsman know the secret of Fizz and when he is bowling the cutter but no batsman even those in SRH camp feels that they can figure him out yet. Those wrist movements are difficult to read at slow motion and you are expecting batsman to see it in real time.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol he must be the only 20 year old playing the full IPL season right?

An 18 year old Amir toured Australia in 2010 for 2 months, never broke down, and was clearly never found out like Fijj has been. It's a shame Fijj is no where as fast, skilled, or strong as Amir. Pathetic he is mentioned in the same sentence as the Pakistani great. Amir also suffered from a career ending stress fracture while BCB pulled the Fijj out of PSL because they were "worried" he would've broken down. Probably weren't worried rather certain he would.

Now we hear excuses like "he should not play tests" and "he is homesick"

please keep this fragile talunt away from competitive cricket...he will break down. LOL
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 25th May 2016 at 21:39.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks under pressure. Is it really homesickness?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has worse figures than Henriques, Kumar and Cutting, also dropped a catch which went for 6. Hyderabad should still win this match.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    He has worse figures than Henriques, Kumar and Cutting, also dropped a catch which went for 6. Hyderabad should still win this match.
    And he bowled two outstanding overs at the death going for about 15 runs in last two essentially chocking the opposition.

That was a poor drop though but Mustafiz never was known for his fielding. He himself admidts his batting and fielding not good

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was an impressive bowling display - the guy has a super bright future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Very good death bowling.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Someone mentioned that he is not any where near the purple cap.

Its true, but I will give him 9/10 in terms of his role in the side. Bowling at the end of the powerplay and death overs his only real purpose is to get some good cheap overs in the death. He gave around 14 runs in his last 2 overs in the death today as well. There were a total of 4 instances where SRH where in a 50-50 chance of winning the match while bowling in the last 5 overs and lets see what Fizz did

1) RCB vs SRH in Bangalore: RCB needed around 65 in their last 5 overs and on Bangalore wickets it is not too difficult for the batting side Fizz bowled 3 in the death SRH won by 15 runs at the end.

2) SRH vs RPS: RPS needed 50-55 runs in last 5 overs with Perera and Dhoni in the crease. Mustafiz gave away only 13 runs in his 2 at the death and SRH won by 4 runs.

3) SRH vs DD: Similar situation, Fizz gave away 12 runs in his last 2 including a 5 run penultimate over. Fielding was a bit patchy and Bhuv didn't go for the yorkers and eventually DD won in the last ball.

4) Today, SRH vs KKR, opposition needed 53 runs in the death, they scored only 30 runs.

Ofcourse stats alone will not tell you how impressive the Fizz has been. That is why you need to observe the match situation and what actually happens in the middle. Even tho fizz has had little success in terms of wickets(but excellent ER) everytime he comes onto bowl especially at the death the comms go overboard with praise. Its because he bowls some exceptional deliveries, few cutters and the regular yorkers. The best part is he doesn't wilt under pressure which happens so often with even the best at the death.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Lol he must be the only 20 year old playing the full IPL season right?

An 18 year old Amir toured Australia in 2010 for 2 months, never broke down, and was clearly never found out like Fijj has been. It's a shame Fijj is no where as fast, skilled, or strong as Amir. Pathetic he is mentioned in the same sentence as the Pakistani great. Amir also suffered from a career ending stress fracture while BCB pulled the Fijj out of PSL because they were "worried" he would've broken down. Probably weren't worried rather certain he would.

Now we hear excuses like "he should not play tests" and "he is homesick"

please keep this fragile talunt away from competitive cricket...he will break down. LOL
    He was in Australia with entire Pakistan squad and he knew better English atleast.

And BCB didn't pull the Fizz out, he was injured playing international cricket. Its ridiculous how its not okay for BCB to be wary of a 20 year old pace bowler with a lanky figure but its fine if a spinner like Badree in his prime gets injured(ofcourse he can get injured).
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 25th May 2016 at 21:41.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Special bowler

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out bowled by Kumar today, didn't impress me, I don't buy those whose economy rate is 7 or above in T20Is.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he bowled two outstanding overs at the death going for about 15 runs in last two essentially chocking the opposition.

That was a poor drop though but Mustafiz never was known for his fielding. He himself admidts his batting and fielding not good
    They had lost all their batsmen, he was facing tailenders in his last over.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't bring logic in this thread of mind-less chest thumping..

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookiewookie View Post

As you say so, Mr. Spookiewookie.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another excellent bowling performance from the future Bowling legend. Fizz's outstanding bowling at the death overs has yet again paved the way for Sunriser's victory. Wow

SRH is extremely lucky to have a bowler of fizz's caliber who can constantly bowl yorkers at the back end of the innings

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Holder is a bowling allrounder and satish is a full time batsman .

Morkel faced a tailender today and got hit for two sixes. Yesterday GL couldn't even get rid of Iqbal abdullah who is effectively a tailender

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fizz is a really very very impressive bowler.. He has shown great composure and most of the times he has been used in tough situations and has stood up for his team. I expect him to become as good as Chaminda Vaas if not more. He deserves international fame and can do well in England / South Africa conditions.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. Try to understand the role of fizz in SRH team. He bowls at the most difficult period of the game.

He isn't some lullo bowler who bowls during the phases of the game where batsmen r more interested in rotating the strikes rather than hitting boundaries

Had he bowled between 5-15th over in every single match for SRH he would've had an economy of 4-5 runs per OVER with an average of 8-10 runs per wicket.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookiewookie View Post

True. He's an excellent bowler. As far as LOIs r concerned, atm apart from Starc I don't think there's a single bowler in world cricket who's as good as fizz.
    Last edited by Prince_; 25th May 2016 at 19:38.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Fizz is a really very very impressive bowler.. He has shown great composure and most of the times he has been used in tough situations and has stood up for his team. I expect him to become as good as Chaminda Vaas if not more. He deserves international fame and can do well in England / South Africa conditions.
    Stop making sense!!! Is Chaminda Vaas greater than Wasim? Then No Thanks.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. He's an excellent bowler. As far as LOIs r concerned, atm apart from Starc I don't think there's a single bowler in world cricket who's as good as fizz.
    Starc is overrated in T20Is, Mustafizur is better than him in T20Is.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone mentioned that he is not any where near the purple cap.

Its true, but I will give him 9/10 in terms of his role in the side. Bowling at the end of the powerplay and death overs his only real purpose is to get some good cheap overs in the death. He gave around 14 runs in his last 2 overs in the death today as well. There were a total of 4 instances where SRH where in a 50-50 chance of winning the match while bowling in the last 5 overs and lets see what Fizz did

1) RCB vs SRH in Bangalore: RCB needed around 65 in their last 5 overs and on Bangalore wickets it is not too difficult for the batting side Fizz bowled 3 in the death SRH won by 15 runs at the end.

2) SRH vs RPS: RPS needed 50-55 runs in last 5 overs with Perera and Dhoni in the crease. Mustafiz gave away only 13 runs in his 2 at the death and SRH won by 4 runs.

3) SRH vs DD: Similar situation, Fizz gave away 12 runs in his last 2 including a 5 run penultimate over. Fielding was a bit patchy and Bhuv didn't go for the yorkers and eventually DD won in the last ball.

4) Today, SRH vs KKR, opposition needed 53 runs in the death, they scored only 30 runs.

Ofcourse stats alone will not tell you how impressive the Fizz has been. That is why you need to observe the match situation and what actually happens in the middle. Even tho fizz has had little success in terms of wickets(but excellent ER) everytime he comes onto bowl especially at the death the comms go overboard with praise. Its because he bowls some exceptional deliveries, few cutters and the regular yorkers. The best part is he doesn't wilt under pressure which happens so often with even the best at the death.
    Do you think they gave him a containing role instead of a wicket taking one? He did well containing the runs. No doubt about that. I agree with your analysis on all the games as well. However, isn't that an insult to a once in a generation 'Strike' bowler? His old ball skills are very good but unless he picks quality wickets at the top of the order with the new ball, he can't be a true champion. Like I said, he's Bravo 2.0

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think they gave him a containing role instead of a wicket taking one? He did well containing the runs. No doubt about that. I agree with your analysis on all the games as well. However, isn't that an insult to a once in a generation 'Strike' bowler? His old ball skills are very good but unless he picks quality wickets at the top of the order with the new ball, he can't be a true champion. Like I said, he's Bravo 2.0
    Dismissed kohli when he tried to dominate fizz, took the wicket of ABD when every other bowlers of SRH team were taken to the cleaners by this destructive middle order batsman of RCB, bowled the ball of the decade to dismiss Russell

He's the only sunriser bowler who bowls the critical overs for SRH. How will he take top order wickets if his captain doesn't give him the new ball at the beginning of the innings?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dismissed kohli when he tried to dominate fizz, took the wicket of ABD when every other bowlers of SRH team were taken to the cleaners by this destructive middle order batsman of RCB, bowled the ball of the decade to dismiss Russell

He's the only sunriser bowler who bowls the critical overs for SRH. How will he take top order wickets if his captain doesn't give him the new ball at the beginning of the innings?
    ATM he is doing well no doubt. But let's see what he does outside of subcontinent. These low and slow pitches are perfect for his bowling right now. In Australia England South Africa on quicker pitches let's see what he's made of

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    Starc is overrated in T20Is, Mustafizur is better than him in T20Is.
    Yup, but still he's a damn good t20 bowler. But yes, fizz has better bowling stats than Starc in t20s

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's because he can't swing it. He should have picked up 25 to 30 wkts by now considering all the build up with the ATG talk. Not a single 4 fer against Indian domestics? C'mon that's not what you expected. He's been good so far but not even the best in IPL. Let's see if he picks it up in the next two games.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Try to understand the role of fizz in SRH team. He bowls at the most difficult period of the game.

He isn't some lullo bowler who bowls during the phases of the game where batsmen r more interested in rotating the strikes rather than hitting boundaries

Had he bowled between 5-15th over in every single match for SRH he would've had an economy of 4-5 runs per OVER with an average of 8-10 runs per wicket.
    Bhuvaneswar Kumar role is also same. He bowls in power play and later in death overs. He is table topper with two man of the match performances

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ATM he is doing well no doubt. But let's see what he does outside of subcontinent. These low and slow pitches are perfect for his bowling right now. In Australia England South Africa on quicker pitches let's see what he's made of

Good point. It would be really nice if he can extract some seam movement form those grass covered wickets. It'll become quite difficult for the opposition batters to negotiate fizz's delivery if he starts to move the ball off the pitch because he's very accurate with his line and length and can easily bowl at 142/143 km/hr

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    Bhuvaneswar Kumar role is also same. He bowls in power play and later in death overs. He is table topper with two man of the match performances

Bhuvi has been bowling exceptionally well in this year's IPL. He has increased his pace too. The way he moves the ball at the beginning of the innings and bowls yorker at the back end of the innings is simply superb.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    A quality post that. You make some valid points there, esp about him and test cricket. Very practical. Kudos man.
    Thanks brother. I m an unbiased poster who always makes valid points.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thanks brother. I m an unbiased poster who always makes valid points.
    Joke of the thread.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good point. It would be really nice if he can extract some seam movement form those grass covered wickets. It'll become quite difficult for the opposition batters to negotiate fizz's delivery if he starts to move the ball off the pitch because he's very accurate with his line and length and can easily bowl at 142/143 km/hr
    Exactly his spell in England this summer will be key it could take him to the next level. Batsmen are realising ways to navigate the fizz so if he can learn the art of swing batsmen won't have a clue what to do. On the right track in his development needs to improve further though

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Joke of the thread.
    I was about to type "I cannot vouch for that, since I don't know u enough".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk