Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Yes, absolutely.

But they seem not to understand how monumentally useless your alternative right-arm quicks and openers are.

They are out of their minds. Delusional.
    Their talent is not in question, PCB obviously don't want them due to their past. In theory once one has served their punishment they should be allowed to play for their country again. Feel Sorry for Asif but not the big bad Butt.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Their talent is not in question, PCB obviously don't want them due to their past. In theory once one has served their punishment they should be allowed to play for their country again. Feel Sorry for Asif but not the big bad Butt.
    Nobody feels sorry for Butt, Asif even I'm not feeling much for. Asif can earn his spot with his performances, and if he's still as good as he was he shouldn't have long to wait to be called up.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pak Warrior View Post
    Nobody feels sorry for Butt, Asif even I'm not feeling much for. Asif can earn his spot with his performances, and if he's still as good as he was he shouldn't have long to wait to be called up.
    The issue is this:

As @Junaids pointed out

"The PCB's "Rehabiliation Program" - which was supposed to be provided by the PCB DURING the ban - has been cleverly tailored to prevent him from playing any First Class cricket before the tours of England, New Zealand and Australia next year.

It's a deliberate attempt to ensure that he can't be selected before he is too old to be worth a place in the team."
    It's the end of the road for him being a seamer to.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue is this:

As @Junaids pointed out

It's the end of the road for him being a seamer to.
    Ouch that doesn't seem well for Asif then, he used to be so magical with his deliveries.

Atleast Amir has a decent chance of coming back

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pak Warrior View Post
    Ouch that doesn't seem well for Asif then, he used to be so magical with his deliveries.

Atleast Amir has a decent chance of coming back
    Yeah, they've made more of an effort with him and it's very likely that he'll get selected in the international team at some point. Asif career is nothing short of a greek tragedy; he could have been something very special. Pak will find another Aamir at some point but never another Asif

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, they've made more of an effort with him and it's very likely that he'll get selected in the international team at some point. Asif career is nothing short of a greek tragedy; he could have been something very special. Pak will find another Aamir at some point but never another Asif
    I know what u mean, Asif was the favorite bowler of man of my friends, most were not even pakistan fans!

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif was a 120kph bowler with great accuracy ,I think he can play 10-20 more tests as he never had pace anyways and accuracy doesn't require young age,he will still be better than the jokes like wahab, tanvirs and anwar alis

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    The Nelson Mandela comment reminded me of Mushahid Hussain Syed. After the Musharraf coup of 1999, Mushahid spent three months imprisoned... in an army officers' mess. Once he had cut a deal, he reportedly left the "prison," and told the press, "Now I know what Nelson Mandela went through."

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is he back to playing domestic cricket ?

If not .. why ?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB is the worst board when it comes to player management. Considering that current pak fast bowling is a joke and possibly at the lowest level since independence, huge talents like Amir and Asif should have been an automatic choice. They have already served the punishment for what they did and definitely deserve another chance based on their merit. PCB waited the whole 5 years to start their rehabilitation process, why was it not done during their ban. PCB is shooting itself in the foot by delaying their selection in the national team.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 161 View Post
    So is he back to playing domestic cricket ?

If not .. why ?
    Not yet. He has to pass the fitness tests etc first.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saj bhai, is there any truth to the rumors that Sialkot wanted Asif to play for them?

Also, who will be conducting the fitness test for Asif? If PCB, then does the PCB conduct fitness test for the players who play out domestic cricket or is it just for Asif?

"I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    Saj bhai, is there any truth to the rumors that Sialkot wanted Asif to play for them?

Also, who will be conducting the fitness test for Asif? If PCB, then does the PCB conduct fitness test for the players who play out domestic cricket or is it just for Asif?
    I'm not sure about Sialkot. What I heard was that Lahore were interested in signing Asif and Butt for the Haier T20 but of course they weren't allowed to take part.

Both Butt and Asif have to pass fitness tests, have to pass other assurances with PCB before they can play again.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If Asif passes fitness test and gives pcb the assurances they want than can he play Fc cricket this year ? Has Pcb's stance changed wrt Asif Amir and Butt that they can't play Fc cricket this season till end of February? By than Fc season will be already over.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    Ontario,Canada- Malak mala ,Chhachh ,Attock ,pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    if hes playing well then should be back on merit him an aamir could help our spin attack take wickets

For Breaking news on International and domestic sports follow @pakpassion on twitter

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They need to let all 3 have a fair shot at coming back into the team. I don't like this special treatment for Amir. We could use a right arm swing bowler and a capable left handed opener since we are lacking in both of these departments.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Yes, absolutely.

But they seem not to understand how monumentally useless your alternative right-arm quicks and openers are.

They are out of their minds. Delusional.
    In Pakistan things are not that standard/ethics driven. Even if Chairman PCB makes strong statements that would amount to nothing the next day. Weather they play or not depends upon how well they perform.

Pakistani fans are mad about fast bowling (including seam/swing). Its matter of one or two spell, the same people on PP, fans and media alike will lineup for Asif's support. Just wait for couple of spells in FC, lobbying will start. PCB is actually in wait and see mode for Asif (in my opinion), where as they are in full support for Amir (since he is still young).

You have to understand bowling is sole of Pakistani cricket. Business of Cricket is very dependent upon talented and starts of bowling. Look at the WC campaign, it was all about pacers, otherwise our batting and feilding was on par with minnows. When Asif was ban, he was Kholi of Pakistan(Best bowler). Its hard to find that kind of talent, not just by Pakistan but world over.

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Chairman Wapda confirms the signing of Asif and Butt and says thay they will play in QEA trophy starting from 26th October 2015.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Chairman Wapda confirms the signing of Asif and Butt and says thay they will play in QEA trophy starting from 26th October 2015.
    Good to hear - if Asif reaches his potential again then he will integral in giving Pakistan a fighting chance in next year's tours.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but pcb didnt allow them yet or? pcb will allow only after feb 16 or?

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    NXT Performance Center, Florida
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This was Asif's 2nd strike. Butt should be allowed back as it was his first but with some hefty fine. Asif shouldn't be allowed to play International cricket unless he proves his worth in domestic.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashing_man View Post
    This was Asif's 2nd strike. Butt should be allowed back as it was his first but with some hefty fine. Asif shouldn't be allowed to play International cricket unless he proves his worth in domestic.
    Both need to prove their worth in domestic cricket you idiot why just asif, you just going to play butt like that? you have to be an absolute nugget in every thread don't you? then you complain about being banned for being too dopey. And what Butt did is a greater crime then all Asif's sins combined, Asif is just a chilled out gangster; Butt is a demented psychopath. Technically both should play if they prove themselves in domestic cricket given that they have serve their time but I have no sympathy for Butt personally and don't wish to see him in the team.

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both need to prove their worth in domestic cricket you idiot why just asif, you just going to play butt like that? you have to be an absolute nugget in every thread don't you? then you complain about being banned for being too dopey. And what Butt did is a greater crime then all Asif's sins combined, Asif is just a chilled out gangster; Butt is a demented psychopath. Technically both should play if they prove themselves in domestic cricket given that they have serve their time but I have no sympathy for Butt personally and don't wish to see him in the team.
    I'm not saying there should be some sympathy towards Butt. Am saying Asif should be held as accountable as Butt. I know Thug life has gotten into him but that's no excuse. It was his 2nd strike and he should pay dearly. Butt being the mastermind behind the incident should also get similar punishment as Asif.

PS: advice for future, read my posts clearly before replying to them.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying there should be some sympathy towards Butt. Am saying Asif should be held as accountable as Butt. I know Thug life has gotten into him but that's no excuse. It was his 2nd strike and he should pay dearly. Butt being the mastermind behind the incident should also get similar punishment as Asif.

PS: advice for future, read my posts clearly before replying to them.
    What part of Butt's one crime being greater then all of Asifs do you not not understand? Also, out of the three in the spot fixing scenario Asif was the least guilty out of the trio; he didn't even receive any payments for what he did. I read them very very carefully and every time you post absolute drivel you Butt Sympathiser.
    Last edited by Saj; 11th October 2015 at 18:38.

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shut up, what part of Butt's one crime being greater then all of Asifs do you not not understand? Also, out of the three in the spot fixing scenario Asif was the least guilty out of the trio; he didn't even receive any payments for what he did. I read them very very carefully and every time you post absolute drivel you Butt Sympathiser.
    yes so Asif was basically guilty for letting them play with the bookers right. Was he their chauffeur
    seriously get off Butt's butt. Asif was the partner in crime and that was his 2nd major strike. He should thank GOD that he's not permanently banned by PCB.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    yes so Asif was basically guilty for letting them play with the bookers right. Was he their chauffeur
    seriously get off Butt's butt. Asif was the partner in crime and that was his 2nd major strike. He should thank GOD that he's not permanently banned by PCB.
    The tribunal determined that Asif was the least guilty out of the trio you absolute ******** nugget that's what the official report don't need to go by my view and it said his guilt was lesser then Amirs. Butt's one crime is greater then all of Asif, you are basically trying to say that a guy that killed someone is on the same level as a theif wow, am not surprised you've been banned so many times; that too from multiple accounts
    Last edited by Saj; 11th October 2015 at 18:38.

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The tribunal determined that Asif was the least guilty out of the trio you absolute ******** nugget that's what the official report don't need to go by my view and it said his guilt was lesser then Amirs. Butt's one crime is greater then all of Asif, you are basically trying to say that a guy that killed someone is on the same level as a theif wow, am not surprised you've been banned so many times; that too from multiple accounts
    cool down. If Asif was the least guilty then please explain why his sentence was more than Amir's
    Asif involved 20% or Asif involved 80% is same thing. It was his 2nd Strike and he deserved more punishment. You can defend him all you want bring in the official report, birth certificate, kindergarten result card. They all won't matter. Asif should count his stars, he has been the luckiest in the trios. Believe that
    Last edited by Saj; 11th October 2015 at 18:40.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    cool down. If Asif was the least guilty then please explain why his sentence was more than Amir's
    Asif involved 20% or Asif involved 80% is same thing. It was his 2nd Strike and he deserved more punishment. You can defend him all you want bring in the official report, birth certificate, kindergarten result card. They all won't matter. Asif should count his stars, he has been the luckiest in the trios. Believe that
    So basically you are going to undermine what the Judge said in his official report?, you don't understand how law works so there's no use explaining to you the context of the punishments which were handed out. And lets be clear you are basically suggesting that a guy that has killed someone is the same as a theif who stole something twice right, what an absolute nugget; now you've just gone full ******. You are probably the first Butt sympathiser I've seen around here and have tried to play down the full extent of his crime he must have done something to you and you must have lost something for him
    Last edited by shaz619; 11th October 2015 at 18:36.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 Discuss and make your point without personal insults. Thanks

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So basically you are going to undermine what the Judge said in his official report?, you don't understand how law works so there's no use explaining to you the context of the punishments which were handed out. And lets be clear you are basically suggesting that a guy that has killed someone is the same as a theif who stole something twice right, what an absolute nugget; now you've just gone full ******. You are probably the first Butt sympathiser I've seen around here and have tried to play down the full extent of his crime he must have done something to you and you must have lost something for him
    Butt >>> Asif

Butt was the best opener for Pakistan after Saeed Anwar, Butt's record against india is the best ever by a Pakistani and You Can't Teach That

So yeah I am a Butt sympathizer. I like Asif, big fan but if you wan't to blame then blame both equally.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Butt >>> Asif

Butt was the best opener for Pakistan after Saeed Anwar, Butt's record against india is the best ever by a Pakistani and You Can't Teach That

So yeah I am a Butt sympathizer. I like Asif, big fan but if you wan't to blame then blame both equally.
    Butt was the best opener for Pakistan after Saeed Anwar and Asif was on the road to becoming one of the greatest seamers of all time, Butt being a great batsman doesn't excuse his sins and saying what he did is on the same level as asif is the same as saying that someone who murdered someone is the same as a theif which is just non-sensical

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Butt was the best opener for Pakistan after Saeed Anwar and Asif was on the road to becoming one of the greatest seamers of all time, Butt being a great batsman doesn't excuse his sins and saying what he did is on the same level as asif is the same as saying that someone who murdered someone is the same as a theif which is just non-sensical
    what is this murder and thief comparison

you're saying a mastermind and his goons are not part of the same crime ? They both are equally involved. Asif was no goon though and I don't care what the judge said what verdict was given. This was his 2nd Strike for embarrassing his nation and thats why imo he deserved the most punishment.
    Have a nice day

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    what is this murder and thief comparison

you're saying a mastermind and his goons are not part of the same crime ? They both are equally involved. Asif was no goon though and I don't care what the judge said what verdict was given. This was his 2nd Strike for embarrassing his nation and thats why imo he deserved the most punishment.
    Have a nice day
    Am just translating exactly what you're saying, that a murderer is the same as a theif If both were equally involved then why was Butt handed a greater sentence since you mentioned this before Butt orchestrated the spot fixing incident and manipulated Amir; he's responsible for Amirs shortened career and embarrassing his country,Asif was just a puppet in the grand scheme of things who didn't get a penny; Butt was the mastermind that bought the nation of Pakistan to its knees; the man is an absolute disgrace

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Am just translating exactly what you're saying, that a murderer is the same as a theif If both were equally involved then why was Butt handed a greater sentence since you mentioned this before Butt orchestrated the spot fixing incident and manipulated Amir; he's responsible for Amirs shortened career and embarrassing his country,Asif was just a puppet in the grand scheme of things who didn't get a penny; Butt was the mastermind that bought the nation of Pakistan to its knees; the man is an absolute disgrace
    of course he's a disgrace. Both Asif, Amir and Butt are disgrace for this country but I mark out Asif as even bigger disgrace because it was his 2nd time disgracing his country.
    Do I have your attention now ?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    of course he's a disgrace. Both Asif, Amir and Butt are disgrace for this country but I mark out Asif as even bigger disgrace because it was his 2nd time disgracing his country.
    Do I have your attention now ?
    That doesn't make sense since Butt's crimes were greater then all of Asifs combined, Butt was also handed a sentence greater then both Asif and Amir. You are basically saying a guy that killed someone is the same as a theif that stole something twice, it's just stupid. And you have little knowledge of what Butt may have been doing long before this spot fixing incident, the man is an absolute disgrace and shameless individual; his crimes are greater then Amir and all of Asif combined.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Asif was only guilty by association.

The real culprit was the captain Butt. Pure disgrace to Pakistanis. He was our captain and he took us down the drain for pocket change.

He should never ever play for Pakistan again.

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That doesn't make sense since Butt's crimes were greater then all of Asifs combined, Butt was also handed a sentence greater then both Asif and Amir. You are basically saying a guy that killed someone is the same as a theif that stole something twice, it's just stupid. And you have little knowledge of what Butt may have been doing long before this spot fixing incident, the man is an absolute disgrace and shameless individual; his crimes are greater then Amir and all of Asif combined.
    I agree he the bigger disgrace than the lot but why are you making Asif look like a shareef guy caught in the wrong time. He didn't do anything to step anyone. He bowled no balls, so he's their partner in crime and given his early crime. He should have known better. You want to compare Butt and Asif as murderer and thief. Well tell me this,

What is a person who gets out of jail after serving his sentence for raping someone to again doing the same thing shortly after getting out. This is Asif.
    And if you're not down with that, I've got two words for you.

Read again

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I agree he the bigger disgrace than the lot but why are you making Asif look like a shareef guy caught in the wrong time. He didn't do anything to step anyone. He bowled no balls, so he's their partner in crime and given his early crime. He should have known better. You want to compare Butt and Asif as murderer and thief. Well tell me this,

What is a person who gets out of jail after serving his sentence for raping someone to again doing the same thing shortly after getting out. This is Asif.
    And if you're not down with that, I've got two words for you.

Read again
    No one said Asif is sharif but you are defending the rapist and muderer Butt and saying his crime is the the same as someone who has stolen something twice. Butt is an absolute disgrace and his crimes are greater then every cricketer who has put on the green shirt combined, Butt's crimes simply can not be measured that's how bad they are and I don't care if the selectors black list him even if he performs well in domestic cricket because that's what he deserves and he only got himself to blame. Asif is a Jin but Butt is Iblees himself and you trying to sugar coat his crimes is the equivalent of worshiping the devil.

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No one said Asif is sharif but you are defending the rapist and muderer Butt and saying his crime is the the same as someone who has stolen something twice. Butt is an absolute disgrace and his crimes are greater then every cricketer who has put on the green shirt combined, Butt's crimes simply can not be measured that's how bad they are and I don't care if the selectors black list him even if he performs well in domestic cricket because that's what he deserves and he only got himself to blame. Asif is a Jin but Butt is Iblees himself and you trying to sugar coat his crimes is the equivalent of worshiping the devil.
    where was I sugar coating Butt's crime

and since you labelled Butt as the biggest disgrace ever to put the green shirt on. Well I disagree, guys like Salim malik, Ejaz Ahmed have sold matches. Also those who haven't been caught sold matches. Compared to that Butt only sold a couple of deliveries. You can't label him as the most disgrace Pakistani cricketer, you just can't

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    where was I sugar coating Butt's crime

and since you labelled Butt as the biggest disgrace ever to put the green shirt on. Well I disagree, guys like Salim malik, Ejaz Ahmed have sold matches. Also those who haven't been caught sold matches. Compared to that Butt only sold a couple of deliveries. You can't label him as the most disgrace Pakistani cricketer, you just can't
    Nobody cares abouts the 90s anymore, get over it.

This incident had severe implications on Pakistani cricket so takes precedence over anything that happened prior.

I agree with @shaz619 I don't care if Butt has 80 average in domestic cricket and 10 double centurys in a row that fool will never play for Pakistan again.

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Nobody cares abouts the 90s anymore, get over it.

This incident had severe implications on Pakistani cricket so takes precedence over anything that happened prior.

I agree with @shaz619 I don't care if Butt has 80 average in domestic cricket and 10 double centurys in a row that fool will never play for Pakistan again.
    so if you have lived those years then you would have known the difference. Is that what you're saying ?

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yousuf said Mohammad Aamir should be inducted in the team straight away. “Mohammad Asif and Salman Butt should be allowed to play in domestic cricket and if they perform then they should be allowed to play in the team too,” he said. - See more at: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...59#post8073859
    @shaz619 even ATGs like MoYo agree Butt should be allowed to play.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question is simply whether Asif still 'has it' or not, given his absence from the game - Asif himself certainly thinks so, he's incredibly nonchalant about things!

Age wise, he is younger than Jimmy and generally bowls a few Ks slower, while having quite a relaxed action.

While he is of course 5 years older - ageing is ageing - it has to be said that he hasn't had the toll of cricket on his body for 5 years also...

If he's still 'has it', which i think he still does - i think we could see him bowl for at least a couple of years perhaps longer...

SOUND the ALAM!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    just read this on face book

Talking about fast bowling perfectionist, Mohammad Asif has started bowling in NCA, He has been very deadly and unplayable.
    Sources claims that as per Misbah, 'Lahu lahaan kardiya hai Asif ne sub ko NCA mein'.
    is this true?

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Casablanca
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The big question in my mind is regarding his age and its affects on him. What do u guys say? For how long can he play effectively?

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Asif returns to domestic cricket from Feb 2016 onwards, not sure what the domestic schedule is but he will have to take a bucket load of Wickets in almost every game to be even remotely in contention for the England Tour in August 2016

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only amir and asif can get pakistan in top 6 within 2 year.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    No man's land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zabalestmsm View Post
    The big question in my mind is regarding his age and its affects on him. What do u guys say? For how long can he play effectively?
    Asif is not an express bowler who counts on pace to get wickets. So as long as he's fit playing cricket and bowling shouldn't be difficult. His official ago is 32 though.

My concern and question is, can you trust again a habitual offender?

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Casablanca
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asyed View Post
    Asif is not an express bowler who counts on pace to get wickets. So as long as he's fit playing cricket and bowling shouldn't be difficult. His official ago is 32 though.

He has been punished. So now i have no problem with him.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asyed View Post

Asif didn't even receive a reward for bowling those no balls, he was doing a favour for mazar that's about it unlike aamir and butt. He is a pretty chilled out guy, likes to smoke weed a bit and mess about with women here and there but that's just him enjoying life and not having a care in the world but since everyone is so politically correct and after all that has happened am pretty sure he'd tone down his life style in the eye of the public in his quest for an international recall. It is absolutely vital that we have aamir and asif on the tour of England.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Asif didn't even receive a reward for bowling those no balls, he was doing a favour for mazar that's about it unlike aamir and butt. He is a pretty chilled out guy, likes to smoke weed a bit and mess about with women here and there but that's just him enjoying life and not having a care in the world but since everyone is so politically correct and after all that has happened am pretty sure he'd tone down his life style in the eye of the public in his quest for an international recall. It is absolutely vital that we have aamir and asif on the tour of England.
    Starting to think DM and Asif are related

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WC-Passion View Post
    Starting to think DM and Asif are related
    Nope there is only one DM, aint there some kind of football song which has the "there is only one..." am singing that right now there is only one ******, DM is his birth name but he's always being a Eugene ladadada. Asif cracks me up though what a legend he is the Easy E of cricket. But what a bloody waste, he could have matched Mcgrath career if not surpassed it; was destined for greatness and then he turned in to a Eugene like DM for a bit and fell down the mountain peak

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nope there is only one DM, aint there some kind of football song which has the "there is only one..." am singing that right now there is only one ******, DM is his birth name but he's always being a Eugene ladadada. Asif cracks me up though what a legend he is the Easy E of cricket. But what a bloody waste, he could have matched Mcgrath career if not surpassed it; was destined for greatness and then he turned in to a Eugene like DM for a bit and fell down the mountain peak

Your posts always are hilarious.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    For 3,4 years.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    just read this on face book

is this true?
    What does lahu lahaan infer here ? That can be said about bowlers who are extremely fast which Asif isn't.

But fefinitely Asif will be difficult to play in NCA if he is doing his previous magic. In my view he can be deadly like past.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    No man's land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been punished. So now i have no problem with him.
    Friends I'm all in to give him another chance, but for me, it's kind of situation once bitten twice shy. Hope 2010 incident gave him lesson of his life.

However, I believe he can easily play for another 4-4.5 years.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    No man's land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If above is true, then I really hope our batsmen start practicing against Asif and Amir in NCA because any tour, going forward. Specially openers and Mr. Professor!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif should not play for Pakistan again

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy123 View Post
    Asif should not play for Pakistan again

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    He should. Selective justice is no justice.

He will play.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify.

Asif has to a certain extent been led down the garden path by the PCB.

Initially PCB said that he could do his seminars and anti-corruption sessions alongside playing for WAPDA. However now they've said that he needs to complete all of the seminars etc before playing.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Sorry but Asif's had too many chances over the years. Even without the spot-fixing scandal, there were at least 3-4 embarrassing drug scandals including one incident at Dubai airport that in any other country he would've been punished more severely.

Amir yes but Asif or Butt, no.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Just to clarify.

Initially PCB said that he could do his seminars and anti-corruption sessions alongside playing for WAPDA. However now they've said that he needs to complete all of the seminars etc before playing.
    Najam Sethi in his response to my email clarified that the likes of Asif and Butt have significant outstanding issues before they could be considered for selection again.

My understanding is that they have been asked to complete all their lectures, seminars and other rehab measures by Feb 2016 after which they will be granted permission to play domestic cricket.

I hope the PCB is allowing them to at least train at the NCA

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFighter View Post
    Najam Sethi in his response to my email clarified that the likes of Asif and Butt have significant outstanding issues before they could be considered for selection again.

My understanding is that they have been asked to complete all their lectures, seminars and other rehab measures by Feb 2016 after which they will be granted permission to play domestic cricket.

I hope the PCB is allowing them to at least train at the NCA
    As far as my understanding goes. This is different to what was said to them initially by PCB.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    As far as my understanding goes. This is different to what was said to them initially by PCB.
    As per Wapda Asif ha delivered his last lecture of rehab programme two days back and he has completed his Rehab work now. But chairman cricket committee says that on 2nd February 2016 the 6 months will be completed of Rehab so after that Asif and Butt can resume playing domestic cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    As per Wapda Asif ha delivered his last lecture of rehab programme two days back and he has completed his Rehab work now. But chairman cricket committee says that on 2nd February 2016 the 6 months will be completed of Rehab so after that Asif and Butt can resume playing domestic cricket.
    As I said........moving of the goalposts by the PCB.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will they achieve by keeping him on bench for 2 month?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDwarriors View Post
    What will they achieve by keeping him on bench for 2 month?
    This way he cannot play the QEA trophy the premier Fc four day tournament of the country.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why just let them play domestic all format

why pcd is creating koas just let them play all format prove them they are ultimate choice Amir asif look amir in bpl does it look like ban was 5 years they Allah subhan tala gifted it cannot be taken believe me just play them pccbbbbbbbbb

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    salman but should also play

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    As I said........moving of the goalposts by the PCB.
    Definitely.

It doesn't really matter with Salman Butt anyway - given that he was deported from the UK he can't go on the tour next summer anyway.

It matters a lot for Asif - he's getting old for a quick bowler and next year's three tours (England, NZ, Australia) are probably the only three Pakistan assignments left during his career where pitches might favour his style of bowling.

It seems to me that there is a split within the PCB, with a number of ignorant executives having expected that the ICC weren't going to clear Asif and Butt to play. I suspect that Shahryar Khan is playing a very measured diplomatic game trying to serve up just enough obstruction to Asif and Butt to keep the PCB unrealists onside, without closing the door on Asif and Butt which would just send them straight to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, where they would win.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happens if Asif decides to play for another country? Say, what if he applies for Sri Lankan passport (and most probably will get it) ? Given the hyper protective environment of SL dressing room and pretty harsh disciplinary status, we would take him without second thought.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify.

No surprise here PCB is run by a bunch of clueless officals

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    2-22 in 6 overs uptil now. M.A

One of the journalist saying that he broke the guards of many players at NCA last month with his in dippers.

To this, another journalist said : yes he impressed the skipper too.

Another journalist said that one person told him that even an year ago he was able to land 6 balls on a coin in a row.

# just sharing.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hyderabad is a batting paradise wicket. Asif has taken 2 wickets. Hope he takes lots of wickets and ends up in top 3 wicket takers.

If he does and also takes wickets in patrons trophy grade 2 than will Misbah voice his support for Asif infront of chairman pcb and chairman selection committee ? Will he say that on my potential last tour I want Asif to dent the opposition in english conditions ? Or will he ask for Bilawal Bhatti or Ehsan Adil ?

This Afridi our T20i captain look at him. 6 months ago he was giving statements against all 3 and was saying PCB should be very careful etc etc.

But when he saw him in BPL look at how he changed his colour like a chameleon thinking OH it's my last international tournament and this guy can win me some matches in India and started voicing and campaigning for Amir by even giving sweeping statements including few which could be challenged for their reality and truth level aswell.

I do not expect Misbah to lie that Asif on day 1 told me in England that he was culprit and he did this crime unlike others etc etc. I do not expect hypocrisy from misbah. But I do know he faced Asif at NCA and did not say I won't do net with him like. Misbah also praised Asif and was impressed with his bowling.

Will he voice his support for Asif ? whereby chief selector has given a foolish statement that both Asif and Salman should play next qea trophy and whole season and can than make a comeback on merit. Meaning otherwise let them age further and get discarded automatically.

I can see Waqar's vote with Asif. With having ex captain salman back Misbah's ego may be hurt but I also think salman cannot get UK visa as he got some jail term exemption for this deal. So he cannot be selected. But with Asif I don't see Misbah's ego being hurt neither Waqar's nor Waqar has played with Asif. Ultimately if Asif cab take 2,3 fivefers and 1 or 2 fourfers in tests against England it will only benefit team pakistan and Misbah's and Waqar's major aim will be to atleast draw or win that test series. For that they need Amir,Asif and Wahab to be in playing eleven.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    873 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    What were his figures today?

"You come at the King. You best not miss."

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Yes let's bring Asif back, not like we haven't had enough drug scandals as of late.

This guy is so shameless he along with Shoaib Akhtar faked injuries to get out of the 2007 World Cup because they were worried Nandrolone would still be in their system. He's had numerous chances to keep his name clean having been recalled even after further drug scandals but never learnt a damn thing because PCB were a soft touch.

I don't care whether ICC discounted his prior offences when punishing him after spot fixing - PCB should not be a soft touch this time, we have a decent enough bowling attack now with Amir back to compete in England anyway.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    758 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    2-22 in 6 overs uptil now. M.A

One of the journalist saying that he broke the guards of many players at NCA last month with his in dippers.

To this, another journalist said : yes he impressed the skipper too.

Another journalist said that one person told him that even an year ago he was able to land 6 balls on a coin in a row.

# just sharing.
    Lol. Looks like we just might see Butt, Asif and Amir play for Pakistan again.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixers running riot

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Lol. Looks like we just might see Butt, Asif and Amir play for Pakistan again.
    Yes Bilal whether people like it or not this may happen.

Wrt Butt he may play after retirements of Shahid Khan Afridi , Misbah ul Haq and Younis Khan . Earliest possible will be against west indies in UAE or against Australia in Australia. But for that he has to out score younger openers e.g Nasir jamshed , nauman anwar , fakhar zaman , Sami aslam , imam ul Haq , Ahsan Ali , Imran butt etc.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on his form, I'd actually love to see it happen.

The England side wouldn't be too happy and that would be the bonus, I can see the PCB though sucking up to England and not selecting him.