Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Depending on his form, I'd actually love to see it happen.

The England side wouldn't be too happy and that would be the bonus, I can see the PCB though sucking up to England and not selecting him.
    What would such a decision have to do with sucking up to the ECB ? Asif's a man who could've gotten a life ban even before spot-fixing with several drug offences that the PCB repeatedly turned a blind eye to. Not exactly the ideal person to bring back given Yasir Shah's current woes ! Plus there's questions as to whether Asif would get a visa.

Asif wouldn't be on his second chance, it'd be his fifth chance. PCB went through a media firestorm reintegrating Amir (IMO rightly so in his particular case) but Asif/Butt's return would be hassle the PCB can do without.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Yes Bilal whether people like it or not this may happen.

Wrt Butt he may play after retirements of Shahid Khan Afridi , Misbah ul Haq and Younis Khan . Earliest possible will be against west indies in UAE or against Australia in Australia. But for that he has to out score younger openers e.g Nasir jamshed , nauman anwar , fakhar zaman , Sami aslam , imam ul Haq , Ahsan Ali , Imran butt etc.
    I don't think Butt is good enough to find a permanent spot. Hafeez is a better opener than him and then we have Shehzad, Sami Aslam, Babar Azam and some other T20 hacks as possible partners for Professor, in the three formats.

Amir and Asif were our two best bowlers when they were banned and it might be too early to say this, but it looks like they're picking up from where they left off.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    I don't think Butt is good enough to find a permanent spot. Hafeez is a better opener than him and then we have Shehzad, Sami Aslam, Babar Azam and some other T20 hacks as possible partners for Professor, in the three formats.

Amir and Asif were our two best bowlers when they were banned and it might be too early to say this, but it looks like they're picking up from where they left off.
    I another thread I have voiced in favour of hafeez , Taufeeq and Naeemuddin wrt the later two passing fitness test with 80 % plus score to be eligible for selection.

I also said that if Ahmed Shehzad doesn't improve and with Salman out scores Fakhar, Nauman, ahsan, nasir, imam, Sami etc and selectors aren't willing to pick 34 years old Taufeeq or naeemuddin wrt age or fitness only than salman butt should be picked not otherwise.

Debut
    Dec 2004
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too controversial to pick for the national side. You just know there'll be another controversy around the corner with Asif around. It is time to move on. I've lost count of the number of chances he has had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Asif will probably need to play 6-9 months cricket just to get back up to speed interms of form and fitness so the england series will be to early for any sort of comeback, maybe the kiwi test series or Aus test series would be a more realistic comeback target at the earliest for him.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    A Hong Kong Pond
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh please. Just give up. Fantastic player but a useless bloke. Where is he going to play? He can't go to the UAE.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Bad Boys, Bad Boys....What you gonna do when the ICC come for you

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    Oh please. Just give up. Fantastic player but a useless bloke. Where is he going to play? He can't go to the UAE.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    He can.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @yasir @pacesensation

Just imagine Pakistan playing Srilanka in Srilanka in April or May in an odi or T20 series.

Srilanka would never ever make such a wicket as today's wicket If Asif is playing.

Asif would kill the opposition alone on such a surface.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Why have BCCI made a green seaming wicket for T20 game ?

It's strange.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why have BCCI made a green seaming wicket for T20 game ?

It's strange.
    They did the same thing in aane do series too.

BCCI only know its plans

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lords View Post
    They did the same thing in aane do series too.

BCCI only know its plans
    Aane dou series wickets were supporting but not this much green and seaming so much.

This opening Srilankan bowler averages 101 runs per wicket in Fc cricket.

Junaid & Irfan were in their peaks of career so little help was enough for them.

What about today's wicket ? Local association decides type of wicket or BCCI gives the instructions ?

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Too controversial to pick for the national side. You just know there'll be another controversy around the corner with Asif around. It is time to move on. I've lost count of the number of chances he has had.

At the same time too valuable for test too...

He will also teach young bowlers about seam and swing... I think he knows about art of taking wicket more than Ws combine. Amir learned that from him, before he was bowling good deliveries but not taking wickets... Weather people like him or hate him, he is a genius and I have not seen such a bowler in green shirt and I am watching cricket since early 80s.... He may help us develop a new ball bowling culture, which we desperately need

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @yasir @pacesensation

Just imagine Pakistan playing Srilanka in Srilanka in April or May in an odi or T20 series.

Srilanka would never ever make such a wicket as today's wicket If Asif is playing.

Asif would kill the opposition alone on such a surface.
    It's strange why wicket is so green...it's in India, correct?

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    It's strange why wicket is so green...it's in India, correct?

Yes it's in India.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    At the same time too valuable for test too...

He will also teach young bowlers about seam and swing... I think he knows about art of taking wicket more than Ws combine. Amir learned that from him, before he was bowling good deliveries but not taking wickets... Weather people like him or hate him, he is a genius and I have not seen such a bowler in green shirt and I am watching cricket since early 80s.... He may help us develop a new ball bowling culture, which we desperately need

On top of him teaching the youngsters I believe he still has 2,3 years of international cricket left in him.

What are the dates of CPL ?

Do you think any franchise of CPL will pick him ?

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On top of him teaching the youngsters I believe he still has 2,3 years of international cricket left in him.

Somebody will definitely pick him... CPL should be some where in summer, July-August time... Since it will be at night, heat will not be that big factor...

He may not have enough time for English series, it will be too late. Is he playing else where before CPL?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

CPL is usually in July or August.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Somebody will definitely pick him... CPL should be some where in summer, July-August time... Since it will be at night, heat will not be that big factor...

He may not have enough time for English series, it will be too late. Is he playing else where before CPL?

After PSL ends he will be playing 5 to 7 three day games of Patrons Trophy grade 2.

I think these would be enough for him to get back to match fitness.

He should be selected for Pakistan tour of England. Before the test series begins we will play 3-4 four day practice games in England. If any rustiness it may be shun over there.

He should make both test & odi squads for the tour of England.

Asif should make sure that he becomes the highest wicket taker of Patrons trophy. He needs to do that to come into limelight again and push the sekectors & team management to select him.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    CPL is usually in July or August.
    Thanks brother.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    " Jaadugar Machli "

https://youtu.be/fZhzUuysjwQ

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We need M. Asif for WC

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif has to comeback. So does Butt. These guys had the mental strength to atleast perform. The current lot are a disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif would be really handy in swinging conditions. Also, he is a smart bowler unlike Sami or Anwar. He needs to given another chance.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can this guy bat? If so, he's in!

Frank Skinner: Pakistan looked better than this when they were trying to lose.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by On_the_up View Post
    Can this guy bat? If so, he's in!
    Think he has a first class century

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The curious thing is that Amir was welcomed back into cricket minutes after his ban was up yet Butt and Asif can't even get near the team yet each committed the same sin.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its about time Asif is given a go in the national team. We need a RA bowler of his caliber.

Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Jadugar Machli will be back in July 2016 inshaAllah.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No PSL, no Pakistan Cup and now no boot camp for Asif makes it very difficult for him to make the England tour. The selectors should bite the bullet and send him on the Pak A tour to England - then we'll know if there is any of the old Asif still left in him.

Debut
    Jun 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asif signs for Norwegian top division team

Asif has signed for the Norwegian top division team Christiania CC and made his debut today. Scorecard from the match:

https://www.crichq.com/#matches/3916...id=0&location=

8-2-28-1 with the new ball. He also scored 19 from 28 balls helping his team chase down the modest total.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His international career is over it seems

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battinh at 5. Wwow

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Good for him.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When a guy like Asif bowls 8 overs for 1 wicket and 28 runs followed by 19 runs off 28 with the bat, you know he's finished.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    May be,he can join PAK's coaching staff, but his International career should be finished - what a wastage of God gifted skills.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    May be,he can join PAK's coaching staff, but his International career should be finished - what a wastage of God gifted skills.
    Would you really want someone with that tainted record and a spot fixing convict to be anywhere near youngsters?? Young kids are the most impressionable ones if he introduces them to bookies in domestic circuit what then?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Would you really want someone with that tainted record and a spot fixing convict to be anywhere near youngsters?? Young kids are the most impressionable ones if he introduces them to bookies in domestic circuit what then?
    What's wrong with appointing someone who can help boys to develop their game? Asif (& many other PAK players) got "Derailed" because they were allowed, sometimes forced to "act", to keep their spot in the team. There are bigger culprits in PCB or PAK cricket set-up that are roaming with high collars.

As a bowling coach, Asif 'll be under strict supervision of Arthur & his relationship with the bowlers 'll be limited to practice times - where he can mentor them on using new ball, bowling in channels & swing it late.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What's wrong with appointing someone who can help boys to develop their game? Asif (& many other PAK players) got "Derailed" because they were allowed, sometimes forced to "act", to keep their spot in the team. There are bigger culprits in PCB or PAK cricket set-up that are roaming with high collars.

As a bowling coach, Asif 'll be under strict supervision of Arthur & his relationship with the bowlers 'll be limited to practice times - where he can mentor them on using new ball, bowling in channels & swing it late.
    Theres nothing wrong with helping young kids out but personally I would not prefer a convicted fixer with not just fixing but other offences under his name to be near young kids.. Of course if he has changed then nothing like it but I wouldn't know that..

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post

And drugs.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arthur won't understand Urdu. How will he monitor what he says to the players ? Btw, it was Amir who got derailed, not Asif. He was always on that path, he is a repeat offender.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He played on friday and the ground is located at only 5 minutes walking distance from my house. We have to remember they play on artificial mats here in Norway. Maybe I go and watch next time he plays on this ground but not much interested to be honest.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
    Asif has signed for the Norwegian top division team Christiania CC and made his debut today. Scorecard from the match:

https://www.crichq.com/#matches/3916...id=0&location=

8-2-28-1 with the new ball. He also scored 19 from 28 balls helping his team chase down the modest total.

How sad that this is what he has been reduced to. A guy who was to overtake Dale Steyn, a statistical ATG, as the #1 test bowler in the world (with Steyn holding the post for the next few years) and possibly end up as one of his country's best pacers reduced to a 2nd division cricket league in some random country in the wilderness...

I'd have that deep feeling of regret eating my heart every morning if I were him.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow look at how far he regressed.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhilash93 View Post
    Arthur won't understand Urdu. How will he monitor what he says to the players ? Btw, it was Amir who got derailed, not Asif. He was always on that path, he is a repeat offender.
    You don't need to understand Urdu, to "know" how (& on which "skills") youngsters are mentored.

Besides, "youngsters" also has own responsibility - after Aamir saga, if 23/24 years old "boys" don't realize what's acceptable & what's not - then it's a dooms day for PAK cricket - there are lots of other "Sources" to get derailed. Instead of explaining the seam & wrist position, if Asif calls anyone for a "joint" party or to go for a "Muzra", then someone representing Pakistan National team should be mature enough to decline or at least inform & seek permission from the Manager or Captain - for whom, language won't be an issue.

Look, my 1st boss was an Yank atheist - used to drink/smoke/enjoy everything - solid, liquid ...... alive, pretty; but he was an Ivy Graduate Engineer & MBA. I spent some days 14 hours with him, attended parties & events, even went to week long trip to Singapore, Hong Kong, Delhi .. ; it helped me lot to develop as a pro., but I could have learned to make cocktails & "mix", if I wished.

Debut
    Jun 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asif continues good form

Asif played his second league game today. 3 wickets for 26 runs from his 6.3 overs helping his team defend a small total. Incidentally he bowled a no ball in this spell.

Scorecard: https://www.crichq.com/#matches/397812/1st_innings

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Thanks to @Hectic for the updates regarding Asif.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure the reason he wasn't selected for the England tour was because he wasn't going to get a Visa otherwise the PCB would have considered him. But the real question is what has his domestic performances been like since his ban was lifted?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFighter View Post
    I am pretty sure the reason he wasn't selected for the England tour was because he wasn't going to get a Visa otherwise the PCB would have considered him. But the real question is what has his domestic performances been like since his ban was lifted?
    He hasn't got any domestic First Class matches, because the PCB unofficially extended his ban, under the guise of the Rehabilitation Program that the ICC directed it to complete DURING the five year ban.

The ICC considered him to have the same clean prior record as Amir (!)

As for a UK Visa, his situation was identical to Amir. A junior FCO official would deny the first application, and a more senior one would allow the appeal. It didn't happen because elements in the PCB never want him back.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one Televised game of Mohammed Asif is all I ask for...
    If it happens to be in National colors I will be elated, however even domestic will do at this point

FONT=Arial]MODI you dont need 3D, you NEED AFRIDI!![/FONT]

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No ball or not, he opened the bowling, failed to get a wicket, came back to clean the tail and despite this his opening bowling partner bowled with much better figures. I think we can all forget about Mohammad Asif now. A huge waste of skill.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talha3 View Post
    No ball or not, he opened the bowling, failed to get a wicket, came back to clean the tail and despite this his opening bowling partner bowled with much better figures. I think we can all forget about Mohammad Asif now. A huge waste of skill.
    That's an early call to make on a guy whose figures this season are:

4 wickets for 54 runs,
    Average: 13.50
    Strike Rate: 21.75

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Such a shame how he's turned out. An extremely talented bowler could cause batsmen problems on dead wickets. How I wish we could produce another version of him without all the trouble and baggage and they just concentrate on cricket that's all.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Such a shame how he's turned out. An extremely talented bowler could cause batsmen problems on dead wickets. How I wish we could produce another version of him without all the trouble and baggage and they just concentrate on cricket that's all.
    Asif was not that effective on dead wickets. He would have been exposed in the UAE.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFighter View Post
    Asif was not that effective on dead wickets. He would have been exposed in the UAE.
    He was decent. Can remember one time where he bowled Sachin in subcontinent

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    goodness me...where has this guy fallen? Playing some crap cricket for a league. Really wished, he had followed Amir's route and tried to get in-line with PCB's rehab program. Instead, he was too arrogant to admit his mistake, which cost him.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    That's an early call to make on a guy whose figures this season are:

4 wickets for 54 runs,
    Average: 13.50
    Strike Rate: 21.75
    If you look further in to those stats (see my previous two posts) you realise he should be doing a lot better than that.

Debut
    Jun 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asif puts in MOTM display

Asif was on fire today! 6.5 overs, 1 maiden, 5 wickets for 15 runs. Threw in a no ball today as well. With the bat he managed 24 as Christiania chased down the small total with 25 overs to spare.

Scorecard: https://www.crichq.com/#matches/399611/1st_innings

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He deserves a FC slot. What a waste of a talent.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guy was unlucky that there weren't FC matches on when he was allowed to play again. At the moment people (including the selectors) still do not know if he still has it in him. Grade 2 cricket or league cricket isn't sufficient to judge a player making a comeback.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    3 matches
    22.2 overs
    69 runs
    9 wickets
    Average 7.67
    Strike Rate 14.89

Debut
    Jun 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VIDEO: Asif takes 5/15

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good, he should be included in the England side asap.

Sent from pone

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Awesome, thanks. Seeing the would-be legend in action after years.

Though is it really surprising for you guys that he's doing well in these leagues? Any aira ghaira can go play in them IIRC, nor is he some random hit and giggle bowler to do poorly here.

We'll see how he is if he would be allowed to play some first class level cricket, doesn't matter in which country.

But at least it shows he still has class. Would've taken him over dross like Sohail Khan any day.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Guy was unlucky that there weren't FC matches on when he was allowed to play again. At the moment people (including the selectors) still do not know if he still has it in him. Grade 2 cricket or league cricket isn't sufficient to judge a player making a comeback.
    Why can't they play him in that current t20 tournament in Pak. That's at least the highest level of competition currently in Pak. yeah it is fun t20 carnival cricket, but at least it will give selectors something to look at.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I hope you take him to New Zealand and Australia, but I'm relieved that Messrs Vince, Hales and Borthwick will be facing Imran Khan or Sohail Khan instead.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Why can't they play him in that current t20 tournament in Pak. That's at least the highest level of competition currently in Pak. yeah it is fun t20 carnival cricket, but at least it will give selectors something to look at.
    Because players prefers Foreign leagues, otherwise i believe current Corporate Cup, which is not national tournament but its much much better than those in which Asif and e.t.c are playing.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Thanks for the Update bro.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's actually quite depressing to see such a class bowler bowling in these leagues

Aye Rah-E-Haq ke Shaheedo
    Wafa ki tasveero, tumhaye watan ki hawain
    Salam kehti hain..

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    He hasn't got any domestic First Class matches, because the PCB unofficially extended his ban, under the guise of the Rehabilitation Program that the ICC directed it to complete DURING the five year ban.

The ICC considered him to have the same clean prior record as Amir (!)

As for a UK Visa, his situation was identical to Amir. A junior FCO official would deny the first application, and a more senior one would allow the appeal. It didn't happen because elements in the PCB never want him back.
    Good. It proves that the PCB is serious about moving on

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    3 matches
    22.2 overs
    69 runs
    9 wickets
    Average 7.67
    Strike Rate 14.89
    Against opposition approaching the standard of the Bankstown U15s.

We could muster a better XI from posters in this thread

And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB should never include a serious offender like Asif again if they want no further embarrasement. The team itself (which is touring Eng) consisting of an ex spot fixer who served jail, a doped player who just came out of a punishment and then Hafeez who has been banned from bowling due to illegal action. You simply cannot afford another serious multiple offender like Asif. Trust me, sometimes in life you got to give honesty more preference than talent.

Its high time Pak fans realize this and close this chapter of Asif forever.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3 matches
    22.2 overs
    69 runs
    9 wickets
    Average 7.67
    Strike Rate 14.89
    Have you seen the video? Just getting it on target is enough for these batsmen.
    I hope you take him to New Zealand and Australia, but I'm relieved that Messrs Vince, Hales and Borthwick will be facing Imran Khan or Sohail Khan instead.
    Imran and Sohail Khan would be doing much better. Remember this is club cricket in Norway, not even league cricket in England (at a higher standard but where even 2nd/3rd tier Pak bowlers are doing well)

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Good. It proves that the PCB is serious about moving on
    Except does it, really?

Asif committed a lesser offence than Amir. He only bowled one no ball, and no marked NOTW money was found, and the ICC Tribunal accepted that he did so as a favour to his manager in response to persistent badgering.

Asif did lots of bad things in his earlier career. But unlike Amir and Butt, he alone wasn't paid for his single no ball, and did not have SMS and telephone traffic to anyone suspicious apart from a handful of calls with his manager (whereas Amir had over 1000).

So to single out Asif - who clearly was one of the few who tried to win the Sydney Test - is absurd, arbitrary and unfair.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Except does it, really?

Asif committed a lesser offence than Amir. He only bowled one no ball, and no marked NOTW money was found, and the ICC Tribunal accepted that he did so as a favour to his manager in response to persistent badgering.

Asif did lots of bad things in his earlier career. But unlike Amir and Butt, he alone wasn't paid for his single no ball, and did not have SMS and telephone traffic to anyone suspicious apart from a handful of calls with his manager (whereas Amir had over 1000).

So to single out Asif - who clearly was one of the few who tried to win the Sydney Test - is absurd, arbitrary and unfair.
    You, I and everybody knows that Asif did more than that.

The PCB is not a court of law it is perfectly entitled to make decisions based on more than what can be proven by evidence.

He is a bad influence, has proven bad character and is old and is playing in some useless Norwegian competition that is inferior to the national U15s competition in a major test nation.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanishJamil View Post
    It's actually quite depressing to see such a class bowler bowling in these leagues
    Credit to him for trying. Not moaning on national tv about double standards

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    I doubt that they take that tournament serious. First chance to impress will in October for Asif. In Pakistan they only play domestic for like 2/3 months.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jun 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad day at the office

3 overs, no wickets for 18 runs in his fourth game.

Scorecard: https://www.crichq.com/#matches/400506/1st_innings

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Playing against him here in Norway is good experience but he has NO respect among ppl here just among few of his team mates. Keep him out he hasnet changed much. I feel sorry for him but cant forgive what he did with Pakistan

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Maybe Inzi should try getting a visa to visit Norway

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"