Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who will win the 2018 elections in Pakistan?

Simple question, what do you guys think?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    too early.

3 years left almost

Right now PML-N will win. PTI will lose some in KPK but win some more in punjab to cancel out.

Sindh will remain same

Balochistan nationalists

#MPGA

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Noora hi jeetien gaye..

PTI is not strong enough in Punjab to form a government in center, and as we have seen in the 2013 elections and PML-N victory, you only need to win in Punjab even if you have next to nothing in other provinces.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Noora hi jeetien gaye..

PTI is not strong enough in Punjab to form a government in center, and as we have seen in the 2013 elections and PML-N victory, you only need to win in Punjab even if you have next to nothing in other provinces.
    So unfair

Even when IK was in Khi for NA 248 election he said sth like 'I dont need to win in Karachi to be PM,' That was sad to hear.

#MPGA

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Too early to say and in Pakistani politics things can change anytime and we can have a midterm election. (Don't see another marshal law happening this time)

If situation remain similar like today in 2018 than there is a big change of PMLN winning again. PPP is limited to interior Sindh and i don't see them reviving anytime soon.

If PTI want to think about winning than first they need to do a lot of work within their party before entering another election. PTI need to organize their party (i think Ch Sarwar is doing a good job and can help them) Imran need to shift focus on Sindh i know 148 NA seats of Punjab are most important to get into Federal Govt but PTI can't get a majority from Punjab while a strong Punjab party like PMLN exist so they need seats from Sindh and another provinces as well.

PTI is doing a good job in KPK but they still need to do a lot more so they can show the people of other provinces that if they can change KPK can they can change Pakistan too.

And the most important thing PTI need to do is force current goverment for electoral reforms otherwise we will keep hearing same rigging stories after every election.

Some blunders by PMLN (as usual) can give PTI a chance as well. Well whatever the situation is for next few years it will remain PMLN vs PTI in Pakistan i don't see PPP coming back anytime soon.
    Last edited by Strike Rate; 5th September 2015 at 22:36.

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic – it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd really like to see PTI win

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi,Islamabad,Beijing,Moscow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No One.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    So unfair

Even when IK was in Khi for NA 248 election he said sth like 'I dont need to win in Karachi to be PM,' That was sad to hear.
    Yes it's unfair for the people of other provinces i know but it's a bitter truth look at PMLN how many NA seats they got from Sindh or KPK? but still they got two third majority. 148 out of 272 NA seats are from Punjab so that means even if we combine NA seats of Sindh,KPK,Fata,Isb and Baluchistan still they are only 124 that is 24 less than Punjab seats. So any party that want to come in power will have to focus more on Punjab otherwise there will be coalition governments and coalition government in Pakistan are only for mafaad perasti everyone want a fair share.

That's why PMLN will never let Punjab divide into more provinces like Seraiki, Bahawalpur and Potohar.

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic – it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike Rate View Post
    Yes it's unfair for the people of other provinces i know but it's a bitter truth look at PMLN how many NA seats they got from Sindh or KPK? but still they got two third majority. 148 out of 272 NA seats are from Punjab so that means even if we combine NA seats of Sindh,KPK,Fata,Isb and Baluchistan still they are only 124 that is 24 less than Punjab seats. So any party that want to come in power will have to focus more on Punjab otherwise there will be coalition governments and coalition government in Pakistan are only for mafaad perasti everyone want a fair share.

That's why PMLN will never let Punjab divide into more provinces like Seraiki, Bahawalpur and Potohar.
    we need 2-3 provinces in Punjab, 2 in Sindh and 2 even in Balochistan if nationalists agree to it

#MPGA

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    I wish we can go back to presidential form of goverment in Pakistan so that the nation can chose a leader instead of these clowns selecting a leader for awaam. This system is not working.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new lota league under the leadership of

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

or maybe there needs to be a rule that the party which forms the federal government needs to have atleast 10% of seats in each province. Failing that they need to get into a coalition to reach that representation figure. Or some way for more provincial representation. PML-N won a grand total of 1 seat in Sindh in 2013 I think and that too was due to the personalitu

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musharraf with his collation parties will win.

REMEMBER YOU READ IT HERE FIRST.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    we need 2-3 provinces in Punjab, 2 in Sindh and 2 even in Balochistan if nationalists agree to it
    There is already a movement in Baluchistan to make another province based on pakhtoon belt of the province. I personally think there should be a Hazara sooba as well from KPK. But all this depends on the party in power if they don't want it we can't do anything. Look how conveniently PMLN agreed to change KPK name just to get 3rd term as a PM for Nawaz Shareef.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I wish we can go back to presidential form of goverment in Pakistan so that the nation can chose a leader instead of these clowns selecting a leader for awaam. This system is not working.
    sth like US system?

Awaam selects the Prez every four years. Awaam selects 1/3rd of the upper and lower houses for parliament (HOR, Senate) every 2 years. Both keep checks and balances on each other.

It can be tinkered to suit us better but to have parliament seats up for election every 2 years would mean that there is no khuli choot for 5 years.. You can totally destory the country in 5 years and go about your merry way and no one can do anything because if they do jamhooriat khatray mai hai

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post

Musharraf will win in Chitral thats it.

#MPGA

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I broke the news first two posts above you. Don't try to steal my credit. Ye khabar sub say pehlay humaray channel ney break ki thi

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    or maybe there needs to be a rule that the party which forms the federal government needs to have atleast 10% of seats in each province. Failing that they need to get into a coalition to reach that representation figure. Or some way for more provincial representation. PML-N won a grand total of 1 seat in Sindh in 2013 I think and that too was due to the personalitu
    Yes but the issue is for all this to happen we need legislation and this goes against PMLN interest so i don't see it happening at least till PMLN is in goverment. That one seat was i think Hakeem Baloch?

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    sth like US system?

Awaam selects the Prez every four years. Awaam selects 1/3rd of the upper and lower houses for parliament (HOR, Senate) every 2 years. Both keep checks and balances on each other.

It can be tinkered to suit us better but to have parliament seats up for election every 2 years would mean that there is no khuli choot for 5 years.. You can totally destory the country in 5 years and go about your merry way and no one can do anything because if they do jamhooriat khatray mai hai
    Yes like US system but not as 100% we can make changes to that system. Just like this british model of democracy isn't working in our country. At least nation will be able to select a leader that way instead of these parties forcing their own choices on us. Do you think PMLN is ever going to have a full PM outside shareef family even after Nawaz Shareef and Shahbaz Shareef die? or PPP giving chances to people from outside Bhutto/Zardari family? or ANP selecting someone not from Bacha Khan family?

They will keep selecting them even after failures and more failures.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes but the issue is for all this to happen we need legislation and this goes against PMLN interest so i don't see it happening at least till PMLN is in goverment. That one seat was i think Hakeem Baloch?
    Yup. In Steel mills area where YK used to live as a kid. It was always a PPP stronghold before that but in this election PPP notables in area did not like the candidate selected so deserted him and backed this guy. So it was pure luck lol

#MPGA

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Musharraf will win in Chitral thats it.
    I was listening to local lahore traders today thandi aahen bher bher ke musharraf ke suhaane dor ko yaad ker rahe thai or mian khandan ko kos rahe thai. But i know jab vote dene ka waqt ayega phr isi khaandan ko daal ker ayenge because we are blind and we expect different result after doing same mistake.

Mush was a dictator i was against him and used to criticize him 24/7 but Zardari govt or is govt ke haalat dekh ker to Mush ka dor suhana lagta he or democracy se nafrat hoti ja rae he. Aysee democracy ka kia faayda jo awaam ko kuch na de sake or bas leader ke bank balance increase kere.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Yup. In Steel mills area where YK used to live as a kid. It was always a PPP stronghold before that but in this election PPP notables in area did not like the candidate selected so deserted him and backed this guy. So it was pure luck lol
    Chalo goverment se kuch funds to release kerwa lega apne area ke liay opposition main hota to kitna he honest hota dubara vote nae milne thai ke zyada kaam nae kiay area main. Opposition parties ke MNA/MPA ko funds he kitne milte hen ke wo koi kaam kerke dubara jeet saken. This is one of the the reason MQM jo be iqtedaar main ho uske sath beth jaati he to at least get some funds and work in their constituencies.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PML-N or PPP. These parties will always get elected irrespective of performance.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Completely agree. The US presidential system looks like a much better system compared to this failed parliamentary system.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So another 8 years of Nawaz Sharif as PM? 3 until 2018 and 5 more after that?

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iHammad View Post
    So another 8 years of Nawaz Sharif as PM? 3 until 2018 and 5 more after that?
    So far Maidaan looks khaali so PMLN is all set to get another victory (based on current situation) PPP is almost dead (except rural sindh) and PTI still need to do a lot of work as i mentioned in on of my post earlier if they want get in the power.

But well some blunders by PMLN can kickout them.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    2013 was as good as it could get for PTI.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iHammad View Post
    Simple question, what do you guys think?
    Army.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know but if PML wins again, Imran is gonna go nuts. Prepare yourself for some entertainment.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I only hope that the 2018 elections are free and fair, but really, we're talking about Pakistan here.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow....that's pretty sad tbh

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PMLN would win, 100%.

PPP could form coalition govt. with PMLN if need comes .

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It would be pretty much the same as the GE 2013 except that the PPP would lose a few seats to the PTI in Punjab.Apart from this, no major changes.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    It would be pretty much the same as the GE 2013 except that the PPP would lose a few seats to the PTI in Punjab.Apart from this, no major changes.

Pmln wont get a clear majority like 2013 the rest will remain the same. As long as elections are fair who wins is not that important as we as nation have lost trust on the election system as we never had a real democracy for very long before interference from the army or others.
    Iftikhar might have been a PMLN jiyala but it has woken up the judiciary to get independent from our rulers. This with better election system would improve it over time.

Sent from my SM-G925I

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Cricketer View Post
    Pmln wont get a clear majority like 2013 the rest will remain the same. As long as elections are fair who wins is not that important as we as nation have lost trust on the election system as we never had a real democracy for very long before interference from the army or others.
    Iftikhar might have been a PMLN jiyala but it has woken up the judiciary to get independent from our rulers. This with better election system would improve it over time.

Sent from my SM-G925I
    These goons use democracy to loot people.This is not democracy.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These goons use democracy to loot people.This is not democracy.

This is a democracy as they are looting becuase we the people that bring them to power vote for them. You saw what happened with ppp the most corrupt party ever they were decimated in the next election. PMLN would have been as bad or worse than PPP. If they hadn't realize that they will loose their seats in the next election if they don't show some improvement over the previous government.
    PMLN showed some improvement over PPP so will probably stay in government for another election. But PPP was so bad that even little improvement seems magnified. But the election after that people will ask for more.
    With each election people will start asking for more from its elected representatives. This will result in the improvement in the systems of our country.
    Intervention by military or others stops the systems from improving and we start back from zero.

Sent from my SM-G925I

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a democracy as they are looting becuase we the people that bring them to power vote for them. You saw what happened with ppp the most corrupt party ever they were decimated in the next election. PMLN would have been as bad or worse than PPP. If they hadn't realize that they will loose their seats in the next election if they don't show some improvement over the previous government.
    PMLN showed some improvement over PPP so will probably stay in government for another election. But PPP was so bad that even little improvement seems magnified. But the election after that people will ask for more.
    With each election people will start asking for more from its elected representatives. This will result in the improvement in the systems of our country.
    Intervention by military or others stops the systems from improving and we start back from zero.

Sent from my SM-G925I
    Yes, we brought them to power.However, Pakistan's political system is such that corrupt people keep coming back albeit with the help of the public. The PPP and PML-N, despite their horrendous performance during the 1990s, were voted back into the government.This happens in no other country.

In any other country, these two parties along with the MQM would have been banned long time ago.

Additionally, education is necessary for democracy to work.

I agree with you that we bring these thugs to power but to say this is democracy would be - unfair.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, we brought them to power.However, Pakistan's political system is such that corrupt people keep coming back albeit with the help of the public. The PPP and PML-N, despite their horrendous performance during the 1990s, were voted back into the government.This happens in no other country.

In any other country, these two parties along with the MQM would have been banned long time ago.

Additionally, education is necessary for democracy to work.

I agree with you that we bring these thugs to power but to say this is democracy would be - unfair.

Both didn't complete their terms in the 90s so were able to come in power with a clean slate.
    But after last election PMLN had to devolve power to the provinces. And now they are being forced to implement local governments something they both don't want. If we can have a few more election cycles the systems will keep improving with every election. But it will take decades can't happen over night.

Sent from my SM-G925I

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Will be voting for PML-N this time, after voting for PTI in 2013.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both didn't complete their terms in the 90s so were able to come in power with a clean slate.
    But after last election PMLN had to devolve power to the provinces. And now they are being forced to implement local governments something they both don't want. If we can have a few more election cycles the systems will keep improving with every election. But it will take decades can't happen over night.

Sent from my SM-G925I
    The PML-N and the PPP have ruled their respective provinces for a long time already yet, we have not seen any change.

Personally, I do not believe that more democracy for an extended period would solve our problems. It is like saying, to get rid of cancer, you need more cancer ,as HN puts it.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't see any party challenging PMLN in next elections, they have ruled Punjab for over 20 years and they have strong network of influential people who somehow benefit from PMLN government. They just need some show case projects every now and then to convince people they are working day and night. PPP government were so corrupt and incompetent that Nawaz just has to do almost nothing to prove he is the best option.
    PTI gets "change" votes but they have never ruled Punjab or Pakistan so they can't convince people in Punjab that they will provide better facilities and you can't defeat PMLN without winning Punjab. PTI is doing reasonably good job in KPK but education, health and police reforms won't particularly excite many people outside KPK.

PMLN is already saying that load shedding won't end till 2018 which means whatever plan they have will be implemented close to elections so they can get another 5 years.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also, PTI can't really win with people. If they remain principled and not award tickets to potential winners then no way on earth they will get any seats (like it happened in 2013 when unknown professionals and honest people, youth etc got tickets) and if they award tickets to old experienced politicians then PMLN media mafia makes it huge issue including other PTI critics. For some, Aleem Khan and Jahangir Tareen become the most corrupt people in Pakistan even though PMLN and PPP have 90% such people. PMLN has people in every single department who have somehow benefited from their rule so they all support PMLN (as proved by EC staff). PMLN were ridiculed so much after NA122,125 and 154 verdict and people said that no one can even dare to rig the elections but guess what? 2 EC staff were caught red handed for taking important NA122 information away for upcoming bi-elections in NA122.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Denmark
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is easy. I can bet my house and all my family money that PMLN will win. The reason I have been to Pakistan(Lahore) 5 times in the last 3 years . People make fun of Imran Khan in Lahore. Whoever supports Imran Khan, people make fun of them. I have not seen 1 businessman supportting Imran Khan. People who are earning good money do not vote PTI.

Two men Personally I know who are moved her in Denmark from Pakistan(Islamabad by getting married)1 earning money via IT and 1 by business in Pakistan. These guys are educated and somehow will never ever vote for PTI.

Sadly Imran Khan will keep fighting and die fighting. I think Imran Khan is born in a wrong born in a wrong era and place.

DON - "Don Ko Team Se Nikalna Mushkil Hi Nahin, Namumkin Hai!":Kami

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Aap key Dil main
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can not see PMLN making federal government again unless they form coalition with other parties in next elections. In KP there is more hate towards Nawaz Sharif so he will not get more seats there. ANP? No chance they are on the run as they are next in line to face corruption charges.

Punjab is different from KP. Now mood of small businessmen are changing because of Ishaq Dar. PMLN might get around 60% seats from Punjab in next election.

Seats from Karachi and Hyderabad will decide fate of PTI in next election.

Well rest of Sind? Jiye Bhutto

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    In KP there is more hate towards Nawaz Sharif so he will not get more seats there. ANP?
    TBH the Hazara area of KP (Abbotabad, Mansehra, Haripur etc) always remained pro PMLN even when PMLN agreed to change NWFP name in PPP govt there were huge protests in Hazara against PMLN but still they voted for PMLN in next elections and recent local body election as well. Now with the motorway for Hazara Nawaz is again gaining more popularity so unless PTI do something really special i don't see PMLN getting out of Hazara anytime soon.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Aap key Dil main
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TBH the Hazara area of KP (Abbotabad, Mansehra, Haripur etc) always remained pro PMLN even when PMLN agreed to change NWFP name in PPP govt there were huge protests in Hazara against PMLN but still they voted for PMLN in next elections and recent local body election as well. Now with the motorway for Hazara Nawaz is again gaining more popularity so unless PTI do something really special i don't see PMLN getting out of Hazara anytime soon.
    Well I was talking about complete picture. Its obvious some parties are quite famous in certain parts of province

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Well I was talking about complete picture. Its obvious some parties are quite famous in certain parts of province
    Yes but PTI need to get seats from these parts as well because they are not that popular in Punjab so they need to make sure they get as many seats as they can from other provinces.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Politics change everyday, If this same question was asked in 2005 about the 2008 elections, almost everyone would have said Musharraf will sweep them and no one in there mind would have thought Zadari would replace him.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Aap key Dil main
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Politics change everyday, If this same question was asked in 2005 about the 2008 elections, almost everyone would have said Musharraf will sweep them and no one in there mind would have thought Zadari would replace him.
    True! Before Laal Masjid operation and sacking of SCJ Iftikhar everyone said Musharaf to remain president till 2011 and there is no chance of Nawaz Sharif to return back successfully

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    If you don't want corrupt leaders then don't vote for them. Corruption isn't a product of democracy, its a product of the people in the democracy. Blame the leaders and not the system.

Army rule will just send the country back to square one.

And to answer OP's question - PML-N.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Will be voting for PML-N this time, after voting for PTI in 2013.
    Why?? You still believe that Nooras are better than PTI?

Look I know PTI is no where near perfect, but really, they are better than Nawaz and his goons.

Really hope PTI wins the next one. Can't do much worse than PML-N or PPP.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PTI would still lose but will win more seats than before, me feels.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Presidential system is still useless. It would be NS, IK running for presidentship. Same story. No common man can bear the finances of a presidency campaign.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    MQM is almost finished and no one is going to vote for PPP outside of sindh. I hope sindhi awam learn some lesson and be less jahil in 2018 and vote for pti or pmln because they are better than super corrupt and incompetent ppp.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11ShadyBrothers View Post
    Presidential system is still useless. It would be NS, IK running for presidentship. Same story. No common man can bear the finances of a presidency campaign.
    More people will appear on the scene if they can attract the public with their thinking because in that form of goverment you directly pick your leader instead of electing candidates and than they selecting a leader which is mostly their part leader.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was listening to local lahore traders today thandi aahen bher bher ke musharraf ke suhaane dor ko yaad ker rahe thai or mian khandan ko kos rahe thai. But i know jab vote dene ka waqt ayega phr isi khaandan ko daal ker ayenge because we are blind and we expect different result after doing same mistake.

Mush was a dictator i was against him and used to criticize him 24/7 but Zardari govt or is govt ke haalat dekh ker to Mush ka dor suhana lagta he or democracy se nafrat hoti ja rae he. Aysee democracy ka kia faayda jo awaam ko kuch na de sake or bas leader ke bank balance increase kere.
    Lol mush ka durr kesay suhana tha? That guy didnt do jack and thats why we are bearing the fruits in the form of loadshedding, drone strikes and terrorism. Any form of democracy is better than dictatorship.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    More people will appear on the scene if they can attract the public with their thinking because in that form of goverment you directly pick your leader instead of electing candidates and than they selecting a leader which is mostly their part leader.
    Here is the thing. You cant attract people by just thinking. You need to run a campaign and that requires finances. Practically impossible. Sorry man. But just like a two legged horse in usa whose election process is another sham; the same would happen in pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Lol mush ka durr kesay suhana tha? That guy didnt do jack and thats why we are bearing the fruits in the form of loadshedding, drone strikes and terrorism. Any form of democracy is better than dictatorship.
    Ask any common Pakistani things were much much better if you compare it with current and last goverment you are hearing this from someone who spent year criticizing Mush the dictator. Mush did blunders no doubt about that and he was a dictator but current fake form democracy is giving nothing to a common man but yes ameer to ameer ter ho raha he or ghareeb to ghareeb ter. I love democracy but the form you see in Pakistan is actually a civil dictatorship, no value of parliament and goverment being run like a familybusiness or senate ki to baat he na kero that's mostly for rich persons and chaheetes of these parties get senate seats.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ask any common Pakistani things were much much better if you compare it with current and last goverment you are hearing this from someone who spent year criticizing Mush the dictator. Mush did blunders no doubt about that and he was a dictator but current fake form democracy is giving nothing to a common man but yes ameer to ameer ter ho raha he or ghareeb to ghareeb ter. I love democracy but the form you see in Pakistan is actually a civil dictatorship, no value of parliament and goverment being run like a familybusiness or senate ki to baat he na kero that's mostly for rich persons and chaheetes of these parties get senate seats.
    Ameer getting ameer and ghareeb getting ghareeb would always be the case no matter what. Thats capitalism for you, sir.

Now regarding mush and democratic governments. At least these pmln etc have fear of votes and thats why we see things like cpec, metro, electricity project. Musharaff came to power like pakistan auski baap ki jaager hai. The whole premise of him becoming president was illegal and in a way hijacking the public of pakistan. That guy didnt do jack. He had 9 years. If someone else had that much time they would have done way better.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Here is the thing. You cant attract people by just thinking. You need to run a campaign and that requires finances. Practically impossible. Sorry man. But just like a two legged horse in usa whose election process is another sham; the same would happen in pakistan.
    This fake democracy is also giving us nothing where you do a muk muka on everything tum be khao hum be khaayen. Poori PMLN main nawaz shareef ke elawa koi PM nae ban skta? changing constitution to suit one person so that he can become a 3rd time PM? wow just wow! constitution na hogaya ghar ki kitaab hogae

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Ameer getting ameer and ghareeb getting ghareeb would always be the case no matter what. Thats capitalism for you, sir.

Now regarding mush and democratic governments. At least these pmln etc have fear of votes and thats why we see things like cpec, metro, electricity project. Musharaff came to power like pakistan auski baap ki jaager hai. The whole premise of him becoming president was illegal and in a way hijacking the public of pakistan. That guy didnt do jack. He had 9 years. If someone else had that much time they would have done way better.
    Initial work on CPEC was started in Mush era. ok metro fine to show case in election campaign but where are the basic facilities? Why not spend on a common man life? education, health, clean water, creating jobs etc? Because you can't show case them in next elections? I am hungry i need food i need clean water but no you are happy to give me metro first instead of basic things that human need.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In 3 years anything could happen.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    In 3 years anything could happen.
    in 3 months we might see announcement of mid term once the operation against corruption starts in punjab.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Initial work on CPEC was started in Mush era. ok metro fine to show case in election campaign but where are the basic facilities? Why not spend on a common man life? education, health, clean water, creating jobs etc? Because you can't show case them in next elections? I am hungry i need food i need clean water but no you are happy to give me metro first instead of basic things that human need.
    What did mushraff do to give you these basic necessities, uncle?

Awam needs to get out of this slave mentality. Army ka kaam borders par hai. Not in government offices. Thats pretty clear on my part.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noman View Post
    This is easy. I can bet my house and all my family money that PMLN will win. The reason I have been to Pakistan(Lahore) 5 times in the last 3 years . People make fun of Imran Khan in Lahore. Whoever supports Imran Khan, people make fun of them. I have not seen 1 businessman supportting Imran Khan. People who are earning good money do not vote PTI.

Two men Personally I know who are moved her in Denmark from Pakistan(Islamabad by getting married)1 earning money via IT and 1 by business in Pakistan. These guys are educated and somehow will never ever vote for PTI.

Sadly Imran Khan will keep fighting and die fighting. I think Imran Khan is born in a wrong born in a wrong era and place.
    Wrong, yes PML N also has some educated supporters like our AZ and Mamoon but generally PTI wins easily here. NA-126 and NA-125 show you that as Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Karachi's Defence.

And after 5 years there will be millions more added in the voter lists who are raised in the age of social media. PTI needs to organize itself and work at constituency level. I don't see any reason why it can't surpass N league.

If there are elections today, it will be a tie between N league and PTI. Farmers are really angry.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PTI walas behaving like pigeons in front of a cat.

Well, it is a good thing to keep your expectations low. Expectations always hurt.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    What did mushraff do to give you these basic necessities, uncle?

Awam needs to get out of this slave mentality. Army ka kaam borders par hai. Not in government offices. Thats pretty clear on my part.
    Beta i agree Army ka kaam border per he but politician be to qaum ke liay kuch keren na bajaaye apni family ke liay he kerte rehne ke if a dictator era looks better than your democracy era it sure gives us a hint how bad our politicians are and i am in no way defending dictatorship or saying that dictatorshop era was better than real democracy.

I hated Mush maybe more than any of you and i am a die hard supporter of democracy but democracry ko democracry ki terah run kero na instead of acting like a civil dictator that's a fact things were better for a common person living in Pakistan and credit specially goes to local body governments under him. I have seen district and tehsil naazim doing far more things for their cities and tows with less funds in Mush era than these MNA/MPA with more funds.

1122 is one of the best thing to happen in Pakistan which was launched in Mush era by Pervez Elahi but this punjab goverment is now giving ads in newspapers asking people donate for 1122 because they don't have funds i mean seriously? you got hundreds of billion funds for everything from roads to metro to motorways but can't give funds to rescue force like 1122 that is saving people life?

This Azad media that shout 24/7 in Pakistan today came under Mush era otherwise these democratic parties were going to feed awaam same PTV news they used to do back in 90s ke mulk main sab acha he.

There are many good things that i can mention here that came in a dictator era but the things is it is actually a shame for us that our politicians are so bad that even dictators look far better in front of them.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    PTI needs to organize itself and work at constituency level. I don't see any reason why it can't surpass N league.

If there are elections today, it will be a tie between N league and PTI. Farmers are really angry.
    This! This is one thing where PTI really need to do a lot of work just popularity is not everything you need to organize the party from top to grass root level and i personally think Ch Sarwar already started doing it and he is really active even at this age plus his experience of working in uk democracy is helping. There are some common man issues these day that PTI should target like Farmers, Traders if they want to increase their vote bank in rural areas of Punjab. PTI is popular in urban areas of Punjab where most people are educated but in rural areas the issues are different and PTI need to target them as well. You can't win elections just by targeting Urban area or middle class.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PMLN will kill PTI in 2018 like last time. I'm a PTI supporter anyway.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The thing is electables join the party which they think has a potential to add to their personal vote bank.

In a single constituency there is mostly close competition between couple of candidates. Both have their personal vote bank and need few thousands party votes to make it a victory.

And in rural areas people also tend to vote on the basis that which party which is expected to form government because then they will be able to get favors from the winning candidate.

In last general elections ticket distribution was criminal from PTI. Many electables, who were denied pti ticket, could have won on pti's platform.

There is also no clear policy from pti that whether they aim to win solely on the basis of popularity or only electables. There has to be a subtle mixture of both these elements which was rightly adopted in the previous elections but poorly followed. Yes, electables should be allowed in the party but after some introspection and analysis. But in urban areas you need a worker type candidate who could knock at doors and galvanize people around him.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unlike other faint hearted pti walas i think PTI's performance in Punjab can only get better from 2013. PTI could have not done any worse than that.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    The thing is electables join the party which they think has a potential to add to their personal vote bank.

In a single constituency there is mostly close competition between couple of candidates. Both have their personal vote bank and need few thousands party votes to make it a victory.

And in rural areas people also tend to vote on the basis that which party which is expected to form government because then they will be able to get favors from the winning candidate.

In last general elections ticket distribution was criminal from PTI. Many electables, who were denied pti ticket, could have won on pti's platform.

There is also no clear policy from pti that whether they aim to win solely on the basis of popularity or only electables. There has to be a subtle mixture of both these elements which was rightly adopted in the previous elections but poorly followed. Yes, electables should be allowed in the party but after some introspection and analysis. But in urban areas you need a worker type candidate who could knock at doors and galvanize people around him.
    In rural politics of Punjab many factors matter the biggest of them is braadri vote and that is what make these electables. Now the issue with PTI is their slogan is change and huge following and workers are emotional youth attached with that slogan (far away from ground politics of Pakistan) so every time PTI picks a electable or even if they try most of the time issues starts within their party and mostly it ends after creating 2 different groups of PTI in that area. So it's time for PTI to think how can they fix this issue.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im gonna vote for PTI. Sick of pmln looters and Ishaq the dumb Dar

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The PML will win and win easily but Caveat Emptor. Sooner rather than later Daddy IMF and all other lenders for the extravagant looting and spending will want their money back and unless other mugs are willing to lend more to payoff these loans, there will be massive hikes in indirect taxes because they wouldnt dare increase direct taxes. As i have repeated before on the forum, i have absolutely no sympathy for the PK public,and what they have coming will be thoroughly merited.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noman View Post

I have come across people who wouldn't vote for PTI because Imran is very blunt and Nawaz acts very mature. Imran should stop talking about corruption, family politics, nepotism, vip culture etc to be appreciate by some. He should also hire some "darbaris" like Sharif brothers to throw dirt at others and use police to victimise opponents rather than taking matter in own hands. Some people appreciate "Baghal main churi, munh main ram ram" style more than Imran's aggressive and blunt style.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Why?? You still believe that Nooras are better than PTI?

Look I know PTI is no where near perfect, but really, they are better than Nawaz and his goons.

Really hope PTI wins the next one. Can't do much worse than PML-N or PPP.
    Imran Khan has the mentality of a 10 year old. He is not mentally fit enough to lead the country - it will be absolute shambles.

U-turns are costly at that level. Very costly.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Imran Khan has the mentality of a 10 year old. He is not mentally fit enough to lead the country - it will be absolute shambles.

U-turns are costly at that level. Very costly.
    I think you can come up with better arguments at least, there is not a single politician who is not known for U turns on issues and that is consistent all around the world not just Pakistan. You approach, policy, point of view changes with time. Imran Khan sits live on tv giving point of view on every single issue almost EVERY DAY (internal or external). Then there are protests, dharnas etc. Compare that to Nawaz and Zardari who give probably 1 or 2 interviews a year and that too with handful of PARCHIS. Now that's what you call a 10 year old mentality leaders who can't talk about a single issue without help from others.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    I think you can come up with better arguments at least, there is not a single politician who is not known for U turns on issues and that is consistent all around the world not just Pakistan. You approach, policy, point of view changes with time. Imran Khan sits live on tv giving point of view on every single issue almost EVERY DAY (internal or external). Then there are protests, dharnas etc. Compare that to Nawaz and Zardari who give probably 1 or 2 interviews a year and that too with handful of PARCHIS. Now that's what you call a 10 year old mentality leaders who can't talk about a single issue without help from others.
    All that is fine, but at least he should spare us the holier-than-thou and self-rightous attitude. It is okay for him to do whatever he pleases but not for others. This is the attitude that I feel apprehensive about.

People get upset that why some people hold Imran to different moral standards - point is that he himself struts around the as second coming of Jesus, who has achieved moral enlightenment, so you cannot blame people for holding him to exalted standards. That is the hype he and his followers themselves created, and now they say that this is politics, when in Rome, do as the Romans do, everyone else does it as well, at least he is not a murderer and a thief (just an adulterer and a swinger, excuse the pun), he is still better than the rest etc. etc. etc.

He has created a big mess for himself and his supporters. Huge mess, let's not even get into the intricate details which have been discussed in great depth in the past. Now he stands in a position where even his supporters are writing him off for the next elections, and are predicted a sweeping victory for PML-N.

All the dharna politics have lead to nothing, and that is when a lot of people lost faith in him and his maturity level.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    HK/Sydney..heart is in Chach, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If our awam has even an ounce of common sense PTI will be in power in 2018...

Hence my opinion that PMLN will win again

Alone we are Pathan, Punjabi, Sindhi and Balochi...together we are Pakistan