Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Pakistan Cricket TV - Pay per view satellite and online channel

I know we have been talking about how pathetic PTV presentation is.

Our cricket has zero glitz. It is presented poorly and players are not given any depth for the fans. PCB are doing nothing to monetize their product.

How about this. A TV channel which is pay per view and available worldwide with constant HD Pakistan cricket content.

We could have player interviews. Live domestic matches. International matches. Professional discussion with ex player pundits. Past matches. Tour of NCA and what coaches do there . Upcoming young player interviews. U19 matches. A matches. Fans forum and debate show.

If you look at Willow TV its brilliant for North America. So why not a online channel which you can subscribe to for a monthly fee. You get all the TV content online too.

How many millions around the world would pay for this? I would and it would to build a brand. Tweets on twitter are not good enough. We need to bring the players closer to the fans and start realizing its 2015.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention the advertising revenue. We could have partners like Haier and Pepsi and others to advertise. This could be the biggest earner because if channel is broadcast in UK or US they could also have local companies advertising.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great idea! I would definitely buy this but remember, this is Pakistan cricket! Stuff like this doesn't happen.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea but who will bell the cat

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Kuwait
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have OSN paid subscribption with all the cricket channels in HD.

England, India, Australia, West Indies all these cricket matches are shown in HD except Pakistan, South Africa and Sri Lanka since their main broadcasters are Ten Sports.

Ten Sports is good but no closer to HD quality of OSN.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Don't know when they will get this intelligence
    Last edited by #GreenRoars; 12th September 2015 at 08:16.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    I know we have been talking about how pathetic PTV presentation is.

Our cricket has zero glitz. It is presented poorly and players are not given any depth for the fans. PCB are doing nothing to monetize their product.

How about this. A TV channel which is pay per view and available worldwide with constant HD Pakistan cricket content.

We could have player interviews. Live domestic matches. International matches. Professional discussion with ex player pundits. Past matches. Tour of NCA and what coaches do there . Upcoming young player interviews. U19 matches. A matches. Fans forum and debate show.

If you look at Willow TV its brilliant for North America. So why not a online channel which you can subscribe to for a monthly fee. You get all the TV content online too.

How many millions around the world would pay for this? I would and it would to build a brand. Tweets on twitter are not good enough. We need to bring the players closer to the fans and start realizing its 2015.

The initial investment can be a barrier for most people but I like this idea a lot.

I have often thought that PakPassion should actually take the lead in this forum since it has made a lot of headway.

How can this be done by PakPassion?

Let me explain.

1. Purchase of a Speed Gun
    2. Create a small Media team (5 members maybe)
    3. Purchase of couple of HD cameras.
    4. Create a YouTube (other streaming sites as well) channel
    5. Upload content there (Like Cricket Australia)
    6. Charge a subscription fee.

Why I say speed gun is because it can provide us with speeds of emerging bowlers and PakPassion can do a video session with these bowlers. Take a video interview, get their action on camera, see the speed and so on.

If and once it works, I believe TV channel can be thought about as well.

For starters I believe launching a media channel is comparatively difficult (too many licenses, too many authorities etc) but this can start within a month.

I would even love to work for and spare my time for such an initiative.

We can even start a kick starter campaign if needed.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Don/t know when they will get this intelligence
    Doesn't seem like they will

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    The initial investment can be a barrier for most people but I like this idea a lot.
    Crowdfunding could be an option? Pakistanis are a generous bunch.

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    NXT Performance Center, Florida
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think the Zimbabwe tour of Pakistan was broadcast HD, right?

I guess PSL will be a step up for this.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    How much would it cost to get a license from PEMRA and UK/US license and broadcasting equipment and studio?

I am thinking £1 million at the least.

Crowdfunding can work.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Aap key Dil main
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How much would it cost to get a license from PEMRA and UK/US license and broadcasting equipment and studio?

I am thinking £1 million at the least.

Crowdfunding can work.
    You don't get PEMRA license for fun. There are 1000 steps to cover which include clearance from secret agencies of Pakistan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    You don't get PEMRA license for fun. There are 1000 steps to cover which include clearance from secret agencies of Pakistan
    I'd say, a massive scale investment in Pakistan is not something that I would be interested in.

A small scale project with an option of growth is something that I would actively look for and take part in.

It's not even about the returns, its about the joy of creating something special.

Also, PEMRA, PCB, Yearly Contracts etc. are not easy to by pass.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I'd say, a massive scale investment in Pakistan is not something that I would be interested in.

A small scale project with an option of growth is something that I would actively look for and take part in.

It's not even about the returns, its about the joy of creating something special.

Also, PEMRA, PCB, Yearly Contracts etc. are not easy to by pass.

No need for a big investment by an individual. With crowdfunding everybody can invest a little.

https://www.kickstarter.com/

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No need for a big investment by an individual. With crowdfunding everybody can invest a little.

https://www.kickstarter.com/

Dude, I very well know what crowd funding is.

A massive scale project is difficult to carry straightaway.

Also, it is not as easy to crowd source as it may seem from the outside.

Stay small, make it modular and hope that the modules continue to show growth. You cannot just begin an entirely different and new project without estimating the underlying logistics that are involved.

As much as I like your idea, I would really be happy if PakPassion can take the next step in the digital content market and than hope for a channel 10 years down the line.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I don't agree with a pay TV model as you can't promote a sport to kids behind a paywall, participation here in England is really suffering because of pay TV monopoly.

However I agree Pakistan's TV coverage resembles something out of the 1980s, its amateurish and apparently PTV still uses equipment they bought decades ago. A dedicated channel to Pakistan cricket would be AMAZING. I'd seriously have to quit work as I'd be watching Pakistan cricket and past matches all day. There'd definitely be a demand for it.

Sri Lanka Cricket release highlights of all home international matches for free on YouTube, surely its not beyond the ability of PCB to set up even a YouTube channel ?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Riyadh, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But you could have better coverage behind a pay wall. Like HD avaialable for people paying extra it will help in recouping some of the investment in HD. From the posts above it is clear people are willing to pay extra for better coverage. Even without a pay wall , PTV earns 55 rupee TV license fee from every electricity customer. AT LEAST they can use it to improve their equipment.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Riyadh, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashing_man View Post
    I think the Zimbabwe tour of Pakistan was broadcast HD, right?

I guess PSL will be a step up for this.
    Depends on the channel really. In MiddleEast it was on OSN's Ten Cricket which is not an HD channel.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Kuwait
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Sri Lanka Cricket release highlights of all home international matches for free on YouTube, surely its not beyond the ability of PCB to set up even a YouTube channel ?
    You talking about highlightd Lately I was watching live SL vs Pak matches on Ten Sports youtube channel for free.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theariezman View Post
    You talking about highlightd Lately I was watching live SL vs Pak matches on Ten Sports youtube channel for free.

You guys are so lucky, we didn't get it free on YouTube in the UK.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Kuwait
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You guys are so lucky, we didn't get it free on YouTube in the UK.
    I am in Kuwait and was surprised to see and that so at my work over proxy.

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    NXT Performance Center, Florida
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't agree with a pay TV model as you can't promote a sport to kids behind a paywall, participation here in England is really suffering because of pay TV monopoly.

However I agree Pakistan's TV coverage resembles something out of the 1980s, its amateurish and apparently PTV still uses equipment they bought decades ago. A dedicated channel to Pakistan cricket would be AMAZING. I'd seriously have to quit work as I'd be watching Pakistan cricket and past matches all day. There'd definitely be a demand for it.

Isn't Youtube ban in Pakistan ?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Its needed to generate revenue. People are already well aware of cricket in Pakistan, they just need good coverage and people are prepared to pay. So is the case in US and UK where millions would gladly pay £15/$20 a month.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
    But you could have better coverage behind a pay wall. Like HD avaialable for people paying extra it will help in recouping some of the investment in HD. From the posts above it is clear people are willing to pay extra for better coverage. Even without a pay wall , PTV earns 55 rupee TV license fee from every electricity customer. AT LEAST they can use it to improve their equipment.
    How much would the rights to the matches cost?

HD broadcasting equipment costs?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I have often thought that PakPassion should actually take the lead in this forum since it has made a lot of headway.

How can this be done by PakPassion?

Let me explain.

1. Purchase of a Speed Gun
    2. Create a small Media team (5 members maybe)
    3. Purchase of couple of HD cameras.
    4. Create a YouTube (other streaming sites as well) channel
    5. Upload content there (Like Cricket Australia)
    6. Charge a subscription fee.

Why I say speed gun is because it can provide us with speeds of emerging bowlers and PakPassion can do a video session with these bowlers. Take a video interview, get their action on camera, see the speed and so on.

If and once it works, I believe TV channel can be thought about as well.

For starters I believe launching a media channel is comparatively difficult (too many licenses, too many authorities etc) but this can start within a month.

I would even love to work for and spare my time for such an initiative.

We can even start a kick starter campaign if needed.
    I would be interested to take part in such a project. You have some good ideas there.

We would need to access to the players and NCA and coaches to create content. PCB marketing team would need a lot of convincing.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Riyadh, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theariezman View Post

Actually its only for those regions where a local broadcaster is not carrying the matches. So our local broadcaster not showing a series is good for those with good internet packages.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would be interested to take part in such a project. You have some good ideas there.

We would need to access to the players and NCA and coaches to create content. PCB marketing team would need a lot of convincing.
    Talk with Saj and MIG. TalentSpotterPK and other people.

A lot of players, domestic players are easily accessible. Players like Sabeen, Zafar Gohar etc. are willing to meet people. I myself spent sometime with Umer and Adnan Akmal before they were famous.

Get some people in, we can actually create something which would be interesting and worth doing.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So a lot of progress made since this thread, we have come a long way! But so more to do.

How far are we away from Pakistan cricket tv channel and online channel. Broadcast all the live games and player interviews etc.

On the online app you could have past matches on demand.