Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mohammad Rizwan is the best finisher and most clutch player in Pakistan

The innings that he has just played in this final was absolutely stunning. Karachi was way on top but this young boy refused to give his wicket away even when his partner was going at less than a run a ball. He handles pressure like no current pakistan player. Can rotate strike and get boundaries. Maybe the best fielder in the country too. Perhaps has a bit of a weakness against change of pace but in my this boy can be amazing for us in the middle order in the future. What an inspiration this guy is to everyone

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    He hasn't been troubled much by anything except for the slower ones, but you cannot do much about it - you either pick it or you don't, but he has impressed both with his skills and temperament.

Of course he is far from a finished article yet and needs to improve further in a lot of aspects of his game but he has been a breath of fresh air post-World Cup. His batting position is still a matter of debate, because he is more than just a finisher.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He hasn't been troubled much by anything except for the slower ones, but you cannot do much about it - you either pick it or you don't, but he has impressed both with his skills and temperament.

Of course he is far from a finished article yet and needs to improve further in a lot of aspects of his game but he has been a breath of fresh air post-World Cup. His batting position is still a matter of debate, because he is more than just a finisher.
    He is but maybe him and malik can switch places. 5 is ideal for this guy

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Casablanca
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also his innings in the semi final was an almost masterpiece!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    He is but maybe him and malik can switch places. 5 is ideal for this guy
    I'm thinking number 4, with Haris at 3 and Malik at 5.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would play him at 5 as well. Also needs to be introduced to the test team. We have some good young players in Babar, Rizwan, Haris to replace Misbah and YK.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChachaCricket View Post
    I would play him at 5 as well. Also needs to be introduced to the test team. We have some good young players in Babar, Rizwan, Haris to replace Misbah and YK.
    Misbah will leave soon but the other geezer will have to be kicked out eventually.

Haris and Rizwan look like the favorites to replace those two in Tests in a couple of years.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah will leave soon but the other geezer will have to be kicked out eventually.

Haris and Rizwan look like the favorites to replace those two in Tests in a couple of years.
    Hopefully selectors realize Shehzad is not a test opener and replace him with Babar. We need as many technically correct players as possible.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Would love to see this, but I think Azhar can move to the opening spot to replace one of Shehzad or Hafeez, so we can get in another batsmen.

Azhar
    Masood/Shehzad/Hafeez/Sami
    Haris
    Babar
    Rizwan
    Shafiq
    Sarfraz

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yeah me too. But Haris and Malik do bat well together and Malik kind of guides Haris well. So maybe until Malik 'retires' Rizwan would be better at #5.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Would like to see this though:

1. Azhar Ali
    2. Babar Azam/AS/Sami Aslam
    3. Haris Sohail
    4. malik
    5. Rizwan
    6. Maqsood/Umar Akmal

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geezer? Pakistans best test batsman of all time and still the fittest of them all? Surely that is a bit disrespectful

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz and Rizwan have strong nerves, and ability to cleanly hit. Though Sarfraz is more capable of hitting it big.

But both shouldn't be used as sloggers, both can't just come in and start slogging. Need time to adjust.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugzz View Post
    Geezer? Pakistans best test batsman of all time and still the fittest of them all? Surely that is a bit disrespectful
    Lol look at the recently opened thread and then say this

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    World class.

After I saw him play one delivery in Bangladesh, I said he is the Pakistani AB.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Have noticed this in domestic matches for ages. Wherever he bats, he takes it to the end.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugzz View Post
    I'm sorry if you found it disrespectful, but if his antics in ODIs is anything to go by, he will eventually have to be forced out of the team because he does not know when to quit.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Lol look at the recently opened thread and then say this
    Which thread? @WC-Passion mentioned me but its hidden now.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Which thread? @WC-Passion mentioned me but its hidden now.
    It was in the thread where Younis said that ODI cricket in Pakistan will die without him or something along the lines of that

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why was the thread deleted? Did someone make his quotes up or something?
    I think @Slog made it so I think he can confirm what happened.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Why was the thread deleted? Did someone make his quotes up or something?
    Lol i have that thread open in a tab and I didn't refresh yet

Said this: If I am not selected for ODIs then Pakistan team will never rise
    Also said that if he doesn't get selected in ODIS then Allah will give him insaaf.

Don't know if the above quotes are true though.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very much agree with you. But opening will remain a problem.
    In current scenario , Shehzad and Hafeez don't deserve to be in team but obviously they are indispensable. If the sense pervails , Babar Azam/Sarfaraz should be opening with Azhar.
    Needs to move on beyond Akmals and Amin.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Sarfraz and Rizwan have strong nerves, and ability to cleanly hit. Though Sarfraz is more capable of hitting it big.

But both shouldn't be used as sloggers, both can't just come in and start slogging. Need time to adjust.
    You shouldnt have mentioned Slogger and Rizwan in same sentence. He is a proper modern batsman in making.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any videos of him playing ? I cant find anything on Youtube

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Very, very good batsmen! Was sneakily watching in class

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone said earlier: he is the Pakistani version of Eoin Morgan/AB De villiers. Someone who can set it up and finish the game for the team.

A few months ago we used to be worried about our batting. Now we suddenly got so many batting talents that we cannot field them into our first eleven. Amazing!

Guys like Babar Azam, Imad Wasim deserve a spot in the top 7 as well. Hafeez should think about quitting.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    World class.
    On the basis of a very short international career and domestic performances?

After I saw him play one delivery in Bangladesh, I said he is the Pakistani AB.
    There is only one AB, you have to be a genius to replicate him.

I seriously doubt Rizwan is that good.
    Last edited by Aman; 16th September 2015 at 02:38.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    There is only one AB, you have to be a genius to replicate him.

I seriously doubt Rizwan is that good.
    Yep. Just the Pakistani version bro. By that I mean the way he is electric in field. Finishes chases well. And also is a wicket keeper. Also his back foot play through off-side is reminiscent of the great AB

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Yep. Just the Pakistani version bro. By that I mean the way he is electric in field. Finishes chases well. And also is a wicket keeper. Also his back foot play through off-side is reminiscent of the great AB
    It's nonsensical to compare him to AB full stop.... AB is one of the greats of the game and you're comparing Rizwan to him so early on in his career...

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    It's nonsensical to compare him to AB full stop.... AB is one of the greats of the game and you're comparing Rizwan to him so early on in his career...
    Relax.

I mentioned why I said that. No need to get so upset about it.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's weird knowing that when we had Misbah, us guys were lead to believe that he's the only good option as captain and no one else is worthy of being skipper. Also, the Misbah era in ODI's had us witnessing batting collapses in a lot of matches and having us defend 220-230 with Ajmal and Hafeez. After his retirement, I'm surprised to see so much batting talent within the team. I could just shed a tear.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Became a fan of his, since his debut. A quality player who has all the tools to average 45 in both the main formats of the game. As good as Sarfaraz behind thr stumps but his fielding wouldn't look out of place in a South African or Australian team.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    As someone said earlier: he is the Pakistani version of Eoin Morgan/AB De villiers. Someone who can set it up and finish the game for the team.

A few months ago we used to be worried about our batting. Now we suddenly got so many batting talents that we cannot field them into our first eleven. Amazing!

Guys like Babar Azam, Imad Wasim deserve a spot in the top 7 as well. Hafeez should think about quitting.
    Why? He had a great series against SL and it would be a horrible move to drop him now.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Why? He had a great series against SL and it would be a horrible move to drop him now.
    I am not forcing anyone, but if I were him and I had all these performing batsmen/allrounders around me then at 35 I'd think of retiring on a high like for example after the 2016 WC or 2017 CT.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I am not forcing anyone, but if I were him and I had all these performing batsmen/allrounders around me then at 35 I'd think of retiring on a high like for example after the 2016 WC or 2017 CT.
    As long as he is fit and performing, I don't mind him staying until the 2019 WC.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry if you found it disrespectful, but if his antics in ODIs is anything to go by, he will eventually have to be forced out of the team because he does not know when to quit.
    Don't think his time is up yet to be honest as long as test matches are concerned. One day wise, I think as long as we are doing well with the current unit, he wont get a comeback. But in test matches there is absolutely no one who can replace him at the moment. We have not seen any of Rizwan, Haris or Babar play abroad and it will be difficult for them when they tour England or Australia for that matter. To be honest, when we removed Younis from the test side the last time we toured England our top order suffered. Love him or hate him he has scored abroad in non sub continental conditions and after Misbah retires he will be the one leading the batting unit in tests(if he isnt already doing that). Our batting is our main worry and Rizwan, Babar or Haris can become the apprentices for a while but not the main men yet(speaking of test matches of course).

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A brilliant prospect. He has a match-winning ton in the last pentagular cup final as well while chasing.

Should be batting at no.4 though. He is not a slogger and we will ruin him by putting him at 6/7. Kind of like what happened with UA. He was doing really well at the start of his career and they just pushed him further down the order.

Haris at three, Rizwan at four and Malik at five should be our middle order in ODI's from now on.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Always liked him more than the PP poster boy, Babar Azam..

Best thing about him is, he is a fighter and you can bet your bottom dollar that this boy will either win you the match or fight until all hope is lost.

Number 6 is about right for him. Haris, Sarfaraz and Malik make a very very formidable 3-4-5. With Rizwan and Imad coming in at 6 and 7 we will be chasing scores of 320-330 with ease.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Rizwan is finisher, should bat at #5 or #6.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How is Rizwan a finisher?? All he has showed is that he is an excellent chaser (those are two very different things) and has a very good head on his shoulders.

He is not someone that will regularly give you a 10-15 run over at the end. Nor is clearling the rope his game.

If anything his innings yesterday and previous ones last season (esp that 100 while chasing in the final), show that he should be batting at 3-4.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    *finisher as in someone who comes in at 6/7; gets going from the start and finishes the innings on high.

Rizwan can finish games once he is in before the end period. He has shown than quite a few times now.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Always liked him more than the PP poster boy, Babar Azam..

Best thing about him is, he is a fighter and you can bet your bottom dollar that this boy will either win you the match or fight until all hope is lost.

Number 6 is about right for him. Haris, Sarfaraz and Malik make a very very formidable 3-4-5. With Rizwan and Imad coming in at 6 and 7 we will be chasing scores of 320-330 with ease.
    Harris
    Sarfraz
    Malik
    Rizwan
    Imad Wasim
    From 3 to 7 and you will be chasing 320 easily?
    You will struggle to chase 250 with this against a good team on a good cricket ground regardless of the pitch.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite his limitations he looks to be a good batsman and a fighter.
    Forget all the overhyping is he is getting in the thread, so far he deserves a go in our ODI team.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    kamran and umar akmal are better

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He scores a 50 in 30 balls and PPers , just like Pakistan management, start saying he is a finisher and should bat at 6.
    Seems Its crime to bat at a good rate in Pakistan.
    He should bat at 4. Babar should open with azhar. Haris at 3 and malik at 5. Sarfaraz at 6 and imad at 7.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Harris
    Sarfraz
    Malik
    Rizwan
    Imad Wasim
    From 3 to 7 and you will be chasing 320 easily?
    You will struggle to chase 250 with this against a good team on a good cricket ground regardless of the pitch.
    All of them are capable of scoring at well over 100 strike rate.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    He scores a 50 in 30 balls and PPers , just like Pakistan management, start saying he is a finisher and should bat at 6.
    Seems Its crime to bat at a good rate in Pakistan.
    He should bat at 4. Babar should open with azhar. Haris at 3 and malik at 5. Sarfaraz at 6 and imad at 7.
    dont be hypocritical now. Sarfraz bats at a better rate than all our batters and is internationally more proven than rizwan so why should sarfraz not bat at 4. And with maliks form i dont think malik should be lower than 6. I think 6 is good enough FOR NOW. Finisher does not mean hitter it could also be like bevan.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Certainly is a good prospect in LOIs.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    It's weird knowing that when we had Misbah, us guys were lead to believe that he's the only good option as captain and no one else is worthy of being skipper. Also, the Misbah era in ODI's had us witnessing batting collapses in a lot of matches and having us defend 220-230 with Ajmal and Hafeez. After his retirement, I'm surprised to see so much batting talent within the team. I could just shed a tear.

qotw for me!

Go say this in that Misbah Guiness Book of Record thread and stamp your authority lol!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    dont be hypocritical now. Sarfraz bats at a better rate than all our batters and is internationally more proven than rizwan so why should sarfraz not bat at 4. And with maliks form i dont think malik should be lower than 6. I think 6 is good enough FOR NOW. Finisher does not mean hitter it could also be like bevan.
    Dont mix formats. Sarfraz has done next to nothing in ODIs so far and niether is he proven in ODIs.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We're going to ruin him if he's played as a finisher...Just look at chota Akmal.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rizwan should bat at 4, he is younger than sarfaraz so will be a good investment. and he has done very good in the chances that have been given to him. I was in support of sarfaraz to bat in the middle order but malik seems to have made that spot his own. Sarfaraz should bat at 6 untill malik loses form.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    qotw for me!

Go say this in that Misbah Guiness Book of Record thread and stamp your authority lol!
    Cheers for that!

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A massively knee jerk thread. IIRC he choked in SRL series.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rizwan cannot hit big consistently. He is not a finisher.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is Pakistan's clutch player. Particularly in tests

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11ShadyBrothers View Post
    Rizwan cannot hit big consistently. He is not a finisher.
    A massively knee jerk thread. IIRC he choked in SRL series.
    In SL: 4 innings, 106 SR, 2 times not out i guess, so i don't think he choked

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    dont be surprised this comment is coming from a fan of shehzad. as if shehzad isnt among the biggest chokers produced by pakistan. Dammit id make rizwan or sarfraz open instead of him

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In one of the t20 matches he did.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    well your favourite opener did in the whole world cup... firstly we were 40-5. The players above him didnt choke?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    well your favourite opener did in the whole world cup... firstly we were 40-5. The players above him didnt choke?
    Whats the point of these useless ad homein attacks?

The thing that is being discussed is rizwan's effectiveness as a finisher which imo he is not. He is a middle order batsman. Not a finisher. Stay to the topic please.

So if others choke does it allows rizwan to choke as well?

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Italia-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I don't rate him too much . He never looks comfortable at the crease struggle against fast and slow bowls , However he have a great sense of match awareness and commitment . He needs to work on his game especially when it comes to power hitting to survive in international cricket

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ohoo, 1 bad performance can't overcome max no. of good performances bro.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ohoo, 1 bad performance can't overcome max no. of good performances bro.
    Just giving an example. My point was that thread was knee jerk and we need more data.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday we saw how limited is Mohammad Rizwan the batsman so far.

He did perform very well in the end of the national T20 cup but international cricket is very different. The grounds, the fieding level in our domestic cricket is so bad that anyone can score there. And that doesn't mean he will succeed at international level.

But, Rizwan has got age on his side and looks a fit hardworking cricketer. The more fitter you are the more you can improve your game. ABDV and Steven Smith are prime example of this.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely isn't made for T20 Internationals so far.
    Should concentrate on the other formats.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Casablanca
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is!

Needs to be at 3 in the absence of Haris Sohail!

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he is showing it yet again. The most creative bat in Pakistan at the moment.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of my favourites, if he sees us to a victory should start the next LO game.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not really.

His batting shows scoring runs at pace is difficult for him, he muscles the ball hard and is not a timer. Similar to other one-dimensional bats we have, but terrible against spin too.

The equation to chase was the easiest he could get today. 5 down, less runs and more balls - you don't have to score at above 100 SR here to chase.

But, he struggled to score fast even in this scenario. Imagine what will happen if the equation was 60 required off 40 balls?

His runs were required today though, so kudos to him.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 5th September 2016 at 00:00.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He is. I love this guy. Should stay in the team and work on his weakness against spin with the help and guidance from Micky. Some clueless people think he is poor and want him dropped for even poorer players such as Umar Akmal, Umar Amin lol. He is better than them.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another lovely boundary under pressure! He is an awesome guy in your middle order someone you can depend on.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Not really.

His batting shows scoring runs at pace is difficult for him, he muscles the ball hard and is not a timer. Similar to other one-dimensional bats we have, but terrible against spin too.

The equation to chase was the easiest he could get today. 5 down, less runs and more balls - you don't have to score at above 100 SR here to chase.

But, he struggled to score fast even in this scenario. Imagine what will happen if the equation was 60 required off 40 balls?
    He's proven you wrong so stop looking for faults all he can do is play the situation that is infront of him. It's not his fault England didn't get enough runs.

But for today rizwan has proved you wrong

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    He is. I love this guy. Should stay in the team and work on his weakness against spin with the help and guidance from Micky. Some clueless people think he is poor and want him dropped for even poorer players such as Umar Akmal, Umar Amin lol. He is better than them.
    Should start vs the West indies in the odis after today performance

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He's proven you wrong so stop looking for faults all he can do is play the situation that is infront of him. It's not his fault England didn't get enough runs.

Don't mind him. He wants Umar Akmal and Umar Amin to be in the team ahead of Rizwan.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Should start vs the West indies in the odis after today performance
    Yes, I agree.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Rizzy is mentally tough and always finds ways to score runs. He even smacks yorkers!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Hawkeye Bro are you ever happy??

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's not a game of proving one wrong or right. I'm just saying what I've observed, which is a fact.

I don't have favorites - all these bats - Sarfraz, Rizwan, Azhar, Malik are similar type of one dimensional batsmen. Scoring fast is unnatural for them, and that's why look awkward when trying to do that.

But, they can score at 80-90 strike rate - however, we can't accommodate all of them in the side. Who will win you matches when the equation is difficult?

He's your favorite, so I can understand if you can't see this flaw in our batting lineup.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Rizzy is mentally tough and always finds ways to score runs. He even smacks yorkers!
    Yes, I always been very impressed with him against pace. It's against spin he struggles but is young and seems like a hard working down to earth guy so I think he will improve and become a better batsman.