Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Don't mind him. He wants Umar Akmal and Umar Amin to be in the team ahead of Rizwan.
    When players prove him wrong he tries to find faults in them it's actually hilarious to see. Just shows there are fans who have agaends and want there favourites to do well rather than the players they don't rate.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Really good cameo from him, good player but I think Yamin is more of someone we need in his position as he is a bowling option, unfortunate for one of them

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is out of this world against fast bowling, his major weakness is Leg Spin.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't mind him. He wants Umar Akmal and Umar Amin to be in the team ahead of Rizwan.
    What's wrong with that? Both are suited to the modern ODI game, are great timers of the ball and have a wide range of shots.

Or do you only want your favorites to play? not based on merit/ability?

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hadn't Rizzy been there we would have faced another famous lower order collapse. So give credit where it's due.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    It's not a game of proving one wrong or right. I'm just saying what I've observed, which is a fact.

I don't have favorites - all these bats - Sarfraz, Rizwan, Azhar, Malik are similar type of one dimensional batsmen. Scoring fast is unnatural for them, and that's why look awkward when trying to do that.

But, they can score at 80-90 strike rate - however, we can't accommodate all of them in the side. Who will win you matches when the equation is difficult?

He's your favorite, so I can understand if you can't see this flaw in our batting lineup.
    Yes I know we can't have all of them in the side. But we have to support the team. I wouldn't mind seeing akmal in place of Azhar or malik but today malik and Sarfraz and rizwan did the job. So what's the use in finding the faults?

Yes I am a fan of Rizwan, but I know he has flaws against spin. If he works on them I think he can be a good player. If not he will be dropped. He's only played 18 games so why write him off. Malik has played 237 games so why not give rizwan a few more series to prove himself

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Always have backed him

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really.

His batting shows scoring runs at pace is difficult for him, he muscles the ball hard and is not a timer. Similar to other one-dimensional bats we have, but terrible against spin too.

The equation to chase was the easiest he could get today. 5 down, less runs and more balls - you don't have to score at above 100 SR here to chase.

But, he struggled to score fast even in this scenario. Imagine what will happen if the equation was 60 required off 40 balls?

His runs were required today though, so kudos to him.
    He played to the situation? Which was to remain there and see the team through, already far ahead of the required run rate. What did you expect him to do? Come out slogging and lose his wicket like Malik and Sarfaraz did?

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not a game of proving one wrong or right. I'm just saying what I've observed, which is a fact.

I don't have favorites - all these bats - Sarfraz, Rizwan, Azhar, Malik are similar type of one dimensional batsmen. Scoring fast is unnatural for them, and that's why look awkward when trying to do that.

But, they can score at 80-90 strike rate - however, we can't accommodate all of them in the side. Who will win you matches when the equation is difficult?

He's your favorite, so I can understand if you can't see this flaw in our batting lineup.
    I dont know how you can possibly put Sarfraz among those guys when he just scored 300 runs in the series at a SR of 90+
    His career SR is 87, even his test SR is very high
    Sarfraz is a naturally aggressive scorer, get your facts straight

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What's wrong with that? Both are suited to the modern ODI game, are great timers of the ball and have a wide range of shots.

Or do you only want your favorites to play? not based on merit/ability?
    You are the one who want two of the biggest flops to play in the team. You are the one who is biased and wants his favourites to play. The fact is neither Akmal nor Amin lol desevres to be anywhere near the Pakistan team.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bats far too low down the order, it is fine if he faces pace and off spin but if there is a leg spinner bowling he will struggle unless he has already built an innings. Might fine finisher for Peshawer too in all the tournaments they have won till date.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    When players prove him wrong he tries to find faults in them it's actually hilarious to see. Just shows there are fans who have agaends and want there favourites to do well rather than the players they don't rate.
    Yeah this guy has always been very biased towards the players that he likes. He will never find any flaws in Akmal and Amin but players like Rizwan who are only just starting their international career, he wants them dropped despite him not doing too badly.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes I know we can't have all of them in the side. But we have to support the team. I wouldn't mind seeing akmal in place of Azhar or malik but today malik and Sarfraz and rizwan did the job. So what's the use in finding the faults?

Yes I am a fan of Rizwan, but I know he has flaws against spin. If he works on them I think he can be a good player. If not he will be dropped. He's only played 18 games so why write him off. Malik has played 237 games so why not give rizwan a few more series to prove himself
    Yes, we can't have all of them in the same team, which is worrying, because our management is looking to accommodate ALL of them in the same lineup.

Just pointing that out. What he did today was good, previous match was poor, it happens. I'm not commenting on each game - I'm talking about the bigger picture.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good player who should get a few more series needs to work on his weakness though

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I made this thread after that epic semi final finish he did against karachi. Needs to be persisted with

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, we can't have all of them in the same team, which is worrying, because our management is looking to accommodate ALL of them in the same lineup.

Just pointing that out. What he did today was good, previous match was poor, it happens. I'm not commenting on each game - I'm talking about the bigger picture.
    He looks good against pace has to improve against spin which he has said himself

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GudduBadmash View Post
    He played to the situation? Which was to remain there and see the team through, already far ahead of the required run rate. What did you expect him to do? Come out slogging and lose his wicket like Malik and Sarfaraz did?
    Malik and Sarfraz played well today, too. So did Rizwan. All of them should be praised for today.

However, I'm not talking about today. I'm talking about the bigger picture. We have too many 1 dimensional bats, and management is looking to play them together.

That's worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    I dont know how you can possibly put Sarfraz among those guys when he just scored 300 runs in the series at a SR of 90+
    His career SR is 87, even his test SR is very high
    Sarfraz is a naturally aggressive scorer, get your facts straight
    Only if you had properly read my post. Read:

"But, they can score at 80-90 strike rate - however, we can't accommodate all of them in the side. Who will win you matches when the equation is difficult?"

What's so difficult to understand?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah this guy has always been very biased towards the players that he likes. He will never find any flaws in Akmal and Amin but players like Rizwan who are only just starting their international career, he wants them dropped despite him not doing too badly.
    He tries to find faults in them even when they do well today rizwan did the job that was required that's all we can ask for.

Where do you think rizwan should bat in the next series? Hope he is given a chance at 5 or 6 for a few series.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He tries to find faults in them even when they do well today rizwan did the job that was required that's all we can ask for.

Where do you think rizwan should bat in the next series? Hope he is given a chance at 5 or 6 for a few series.
    Windies do not have many spinners so he will be okay at 6 as the finisher/clutch player. I would keep Malik at 4 so that he doesnt complain of not having a proper batting role.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Yeah 5 or 6 is the ideal position for him. I want to see Babar at 3, Sarfraz at 4 and Rizwan at 5. Malik should be dropped but unfortunately he has probably got himself another series after today's performance.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Windies do not have many spinners so he will be okay at 6 as the finisher/clutch player. I would keep Malik at 4 so that he doesnt complain of not having a proper batting role.
    So no Hafeez than, if Umar is coming back where will he bat?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah 5 or 6 is the ideal position for him. I want to see Babar at 3, Sarfraz at 4 and Rizwan at 5. Malik should be dropped but unfortunately he has probably got himself another series after today's performance.
    Honestly babar rizwan and Sarfraz are more important to our future so I wouldn't be against Malik batting at 6

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So no Hafeez than, if Umar is coming back where will he bat?
    From what I have understood Mickey wanted Umar Akmal at 6 first, but now Rizzy has done well at that number.

Umar Akmal could be made to bat at the top or lower down the order. It depends on Mickey in the end. He might not even accept Umar in his team (for the moment).

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly babar rizwan and Sarfraz are more important to our future so I wouldn't be against Malik batting at 6
    Malik is useless at 6 as he doesn't have the firepower neither does he get in position like Rizzy to hit fast bowlers on both sides of the wicket.

If you plan to play Malik at 6 then better drop him for some other hard hitting allrounder or bat.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    From what I have understood Mickey wanted Umar Akmal at 6 first, but now Rizzy has done well at that number.

Umar Akmal could be made to bat at the top or lower down the order. It depends on Mickey in the end. He might not even accept Umar in his team (for the moment).
    Maybe he could open in place of sharjeel Arthur might not be impressed with Sharjeel fielding and fitness

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    As much as I dislike him, I won't be against Akmal batting at 6.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    With the same batting lineup just adjust a big striker in the place of Nawaz and we should do well.

If Sharjeel continues to flounder then we can slot Umar akmal in his place

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Doesn't have the brain to do that should be batting in the top 3
    He doesn't have the brain to bat in top 3 either.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He doesn't have the brain to bat in top 3 either.
    It will suit his batting more batting in the power play could be a benefit for him and the team

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    It will suit his batting more batting in the power play could be a benefit for him and the team
    Yeah that's true.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    finally u have come to realize the fact,,,u know there are some who wants khurram manzoor as ODI opener stating he is the best opener available in domestics...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    finally u have come to realize the fact,,,u know there are some who wants khurram manzoor as ODI opener stating he is the best opener available in domestics...

Hopefully we stay away from Manzoor.

Umar is one of dynamic players need to get him in this line up

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we stay away from Manzoor.

Umar is one of dynamic players need to get him in this line up
    if he plays as an opener then yes, if not then no need.. can open with Babar and Haris..

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    My man's always been clutch.

So happy with him today.

Many more to come.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    LOL. Come on man. I know who you are talking about.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Top player who is clearly better than Umer Akmal, Hafeez etc.

Did not seem to troubled by spin either and swept Dawson well.

Should be in the team moving forward...

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    LOL. Come on man. I know who you are talking about.
    gotcha

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be interesting to see what Mickey does with Rizwan.

Now with Umar Akmal annihilating everyone in domestic cricket Mr Arthur has some decisions to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He has regressed. A lot.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    haha usually @aliasad1998 gets it right....

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    J
    Nobody believed me when I called it way earlier.

A specialist fielder and nothing else.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    He scores a 50 in 30 balls and PPers , just like Pakistan management, start saying he is a finisher and should bat at 6.
    Seems Its crime to bat at a good rate in Pakistan.
    He should bat at 4. Babar should open with azhar. Haris at 3 and malik at 5. Sarfaraz at 6 and imad at 7.
    Words of wisdom from me when rizwan was still new. as always i was correct

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry but he is below average useless batsmen. Who needs to learn how to bat properly by staying still. Batting is not some kinda dancing where you need to move a lot. It is a very still concentrated form of melody. You need to look elegant when you play your strokes. Don't try too much or too little.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rizwan hardly even attempting to slog tells me that he is worried about his spot as he knows sarfraz will be back.

Rizwan is a poor hitter, but he has been batting shafiq standard in recent times

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is missing Sarfraz very badly.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He can only be successful in subcontinent type pitches , does not have a game for faster and bouncier pitches.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 'no-look back flick' from Rizwan off Cummins was something unprecendented in terms of shot selection today..

and then people say I hate on the best players.. that was shot of the day for me, along with Rizwan's unreal strike rate and defence in the 48th over

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    He can only be successful in subcontinent type pitches , does not have a game for faster and bouncier pitches.
    Naaa he is pretty poor vs spin too .
    He fidgets way too much to get any balance or power behind his shots .

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Pakistan is missing Sarfraz very badly.
    Not like sarfi can hits boundaries at will but yes atleast he can score around 6rpo.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He didn't even try,what the point of going at 3-4rpo invest the last overs better to be allout

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's the best finisher in Pakistan we clearly have serious problems. Mediocre and forgettable as they come.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do we single out Rizwan alone. Almost all the players played like leaches today.

Babar A did the same to Sharjeel

Asad S. the less said the better

Umar A. did the same to Babar A

Imad Wasim as well as M. Rizwan were clueless.

We collectively played a bad game today and hence the obvious result.

Having said that M. Rizwan surely cant play in this line up over Sarfraz and has to work big time on his batting skills

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rizwan's Future?

What the future hold for this guy?

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    as back up forSarfraz he is not a no. 7 no. 8 player best position for him is no. 5

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he is poor fella havnt seen him playing one good shot...

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Back to the domestic scene to develop his game further.

There will be opportunities in the future if he puts in the hard way yards. But currently we are carrying enough passengers.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who compares his batting to Sarfaraz's, needs to stop watching cricket.

This guy is completely at sea . . while Sarfaraz's has arguably been the most consistent batsman for Pakistan across all formats . .

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    God help us if he is best finisher we have.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't understand why is Rizwan always a part of the squad when so far he has done nothing of note.

Kamran Akmal after his amazing domestic season absolutely should have been in the squad ahead of this man.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    His batting is almost tailender level now. Sohail Khan would have scored more runs and at a better strike rate.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    embarrasing that a person of that level of batting is playing as a replacement for sarfaraz... how pathetic was he yesterday??? pathetic enough for me to say, "replace him with kakmal (fingers shaking)"

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has been getting a free ride for quite some time now. He has completely forgotten to bat. Bin him for good!

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Rizwan hardly even attempting to slog tells me that he is worried about his spot as he knows sarfraz will be back.

Rizwan is a poor hitter, but he has been batting shafiq standard in recent times
    If he's playing for his spot and doesn't care about team interests then he should be chucked out this basis only.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    If he's playing for his spot and doesn't care about team interests then he should be chucked out this basis only.
    How does one play for his spot like THAT???

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    How does one play for his spot like THAT???
    I assume @pakistanigoneaussie meant he's not taking enough risks by avoiding slogging just to have a nice 20*(19) in front of his name rather than a 15(6).

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    I assume @pakistanigoneaussie meant he's not taking enough risks by avoiding slogging just to have a nice 20*(19) in front of his name rather than a 15(6).
    People tend to forget that we are only allowed 11 players in a team. His risk taking to please a few could have ended Pakistan on a lower score etc.

What he needs to be able to do is play proper cricketing shots under pressure.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He's on fire in the Pakistan Cup so far.

124* off 97 balls in a successful chase of 366 in the first game.

Now batting on 126* off 118 balls in the third match.

In 103 List A games before this tournament, he had 3 hundreds. Now he's hit 2 in 3 games.

Seems to like batting at #3

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh of relief*

it was an old thread

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he started off with 0 off 19 ... not all that impressive a knock when you consider that

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to improve against leg spinners. Good back up option for now

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Muhammad Rizwan is on 109* of 146 balls, aggressive inning by him.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What a finish today against New Zealand A

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Can he be that #6 batsman we sorely need? Sarfaraz needs to up his game or he very well might lose his spot before the World Cup.

Wonder if we could keep Sarfaraz in the squad for his leadership, have Malik lead the team on the field and Rizwan as our keeper-batsman.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't know if he is the answer but there is no harm in playing him in T20s and trying him in the NZ LO series.

Most teams use T20s to try out new players and we are selecting Hafeez at the age of 37 with 36 year old Shoaib Malik in the line up already.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well played Rizwan. Would have wanted to see Saud Shakeel get some runs but did really well with the bowl. Agha also did okay with the bat, he got himself in but should have continued on.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Probably deserves another chance but generally hasn't stepped up when it mattered. Didn't step up in internationals whether ODIs or T20s (or the one test he played). Didn't step up in the PSL. Hence it's natural he's on in selection despite impressive domestic stats. And didn't in general look impressive at all at the crease when he played internationals. Not to mention him being in the team puts pressure on Sarfraz, Rizwan needs to make it as a pure batsman so long as Sarfraz is in the team and captain. And it's not just Sarfraz is captain, he has far more international success to back it up and looks better on the crease.

A big issue is his ability against spin, and you'd think maybe it isn't exposed in domestics as he doesn't play many decent spinners. And this match against NZ he's hardly playing spinners. And not being able to play spin while trying to bat middle order/late order is an issue.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly don't rate him as wicketkeeper batsmen. We have better oprions out there like umair masood and moin khan's son Azam Khan whos a serial striker of a cricket ball. We need to have a look at his skills rather than his body shape (fitness) which can be worked upon

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What an overstatement. He is an ok player as a back up but nothing special.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id take an overweight Umar Akmal over a prime rizwan Anyday.

Rizwan has no game.