May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I havent seen a more unbalanced player than him. He falls when playing shots. Has no power at all. No shots.
    Hes got the most basic thing wrong: balance. If he can play for Pakistan then anyone can.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If a player like him is given a chance, one that can't hold his balance at the crease, why not give Fawad Alam a bloody chance?

They won't pick him in ODI, they won't pick him in Tests so why not try T20s.

Rizwan is average and shows the lack of depth we have when he was supposedly the best finisher we had/have.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1076 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this series is the last we see of Mr 10 off 30.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly salute to Inzi, whatta find he has propped up for last one year.

What an embarassment this Rizwan is. Can't even clear the circle. And he is playing T20

There are players like Gohar Ali and even Rohail Nazir who can time and keep well. Shame on the selectors for pushing this joke into national team when there is a huge swath of keeper/batsmen in domestic circuit. Still everybody is silent and not commenting on selector bias.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's probably the end of M Rizwan.

He only has a future in the test format otherwise too limited for OD formats.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is captain of Pakistan A team

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FGS there must be someone other than this clown to put pressure on Sarfaraz...... This guy a double whammy for Pakistan cricket as he doesn't perform when selected thus releasing the pressure on Sarfaraz to perform either. Any other decent wicket keeper-batsman would have either dethroned Sarfaraz or at least put some real pressure on him to perform at his very best.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this thread is proof of the dangers of putting too much faith in List A performances....

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think there is much threat to Safaraz position due to Rizwans poor performances. That 10 off 30 in the ODI was really poor especially.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    Firstly salute to Inzi, whatta find he has propped up for last one year.

What an embarassment this Rizwan is. Can't even clear the circle. And he is playing T20

There are players like Gohar Ali and even Rohail Nazir who can time and keep well. Shame on the selectors for pushing this joke into national team when there is a huge swath of keeper/batsmen in domestic circuit. Still everybody is silent and not commenting on selector bias.
    We can't really blame Inzi for this, Rizwan was batting like a GOAT in domestic, it's only fair he got a recall as one would think he had improved massively, shame the investment turned out to be a bad one. I guess Sarfaraz being banned has in some way benefited him, he was under a lot of pressure as his batting was bad and it seemed like Rizwan deserved his spot but we've seen how mediocre Rizwan still is internationally.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Looked really poor yesterday, played 2 good shots against the spinner but overall he was awful. Its a shame as we need competition for Safraz.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best think that has happened since sarfraz ban is people who been calling for Rizwan as if he is some kind of savior for Pakistan have got a reality check. Which i said even before there something called technique doesnt matter how many runs you score at domestic in international cricket good technique is required.

Thats why selectors look for technique too along with runs before giving anybody a chance in internationals.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the poster here think they can judge someone by 2 innings completing ignoring 121 List A matches and 77 first class matches Rizwan has played. Some one like him should be given extended run in place of Sarfraz as it will not be very often you will get keeper who can average 50 in list A with strke rate of 88. Idiotic to say that you can judge some one by one ODI match or one T20 match.

If you are in favour of choosing some one who has worse records than Rizwan then ask your self how come that players could not score runs in first class and List A.

These are the same people who have their hands soaked in injutice inflicted on Fawad Alam.

If you are going to judge some one by one or two matches then perhaps judge Sarfraz by the Golden Ducks he scored in the first test match.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th February 2019 at 21:30.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We Bleed Green View Post
    Most of the poster here think they can judge someone by 2 innings completing ignoring 121 List A matches and 77 first class matches Rizwan has played. Some one like him should be given extended run in place of Sarfraz as it will not be very often you will get keeper who can average 50 in list A with strke rate of 88. Idiotic to say that you can judge some one by one ODI match or one T20 match.

If you are in favour of choosing some one who has worse records than Rizwan then ask your self how come that players could not score runs in first class and List A.

These are the same people who have their hands soaked in injutice inflicted on Fawad Alam.

If you are going to judge some one by one or two matches then perhaps judge Sarfraz by the Golden Ducks he scored in the first test match.
    Rizwan might very well be a fine batsman, but one thing he clearly is not is a hitter. So I would suggest if he has a role it should be in longer formats like 50 overs or test matches. In T20s he has no place whatsoever, he can barely get the ball off the square. I've seen him in his first stint in a Pakistan shirt and he looks a busy player who is more of an accumulator, so doesn't mean he's a bad batsman, just not enough overs in a 20 over game to play yourself in.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th February 2019 at 21:32.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We Bleed Green View Post

Tbh I didn't see either of his innings as I wasn't watching the matches at the times he batted but I get the impression that he isn't being hated by getting low scores, but the fact he looked like a tail ender while he was batting. If someone gets out cheaply just two times, then yes you deserve to stick with them but based on what others are saying, he was looking like someone playing cricket for the first time which is the more worrying thing! He had a great chance here with Sarfaraz being banned, would have been interesting had he played a match winning knock in the decider against SA but him flopping has taken a lot of pressure off Sarfaraz as Rizwan was the one threatening to take his place.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Rizwan might very well be a fine batsman, but one thing he clearly is not is a hitter. So I would suggest if he has a role it should be in longer formats like 50 overs or test matches. In T20s he has no place whatsoever, he can barely get the ball off the square. I've seen him in his first stint in a Pakistan shirt and he looks a busy player who is more of an accumulator, so doesn't mean he's a bad batsman, just not enough overs in a 20 over game to play yourself in.
    I agree with you on this. He should be in ODIs and Test matches

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Tbh I didn't see either of his innings as I wasn't watching the matches at the times he batted but I get the impression that he isn't being hated by getting low scores, but the fact he looked like a tail ender while he was batting. If someone gets out cheaply just two times, then yes you deserve to stick with them but based on what others are saying, he was looking like someone playing cricket for the first time which is the more worrying thing! He had a great chance here with Sarfaraz being banned, would have been interesting had he played a match winning knock in the decider against SA but him flopping has taken a lot of pressure off Sarfaraz as Rizwan was the one threatening to take his place.
    Forget about these posters. They have most likely not even lift the bat in this match.

They are calling Rizwan, who has played over 200 first class and list A matches , as some one playing first cricket match. I pity their intelligence

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was a fan of Rizwan but the way he batted was poor. Especially in the match where he came to bat in 25th over, he couldn't even accumulate. The worst thing was he looks worse than when he intially came into the side and his habit of running down the track is awful. Bitterly disappointed with Rizwan because he looked so good in last year's psl.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Best think that has happened since sarfraz ban is people who been calling for Rizwan as if he is some kind of savior for Pakistan have got a reality check. Which i said even before there something called technique doesnt matter how many runs you score at domestic in international cricket good technique is required.

Thats why selectors look for technique too along with runs before giving anybody a chance in internationals.
    I'd haste caution in this aspect as we already have someone with good technique. And aside from his good technique, is only famous for scoring runs in a losing cause or saving his spot just in the nick of time and book in for the next series. In other words, this good technique guy is impactless.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    He has not looked good, but if Pakistan could tolerate Sarfraz with similar performances for over 12 months, why show zero patience for Rizwan?

I would like to see him work with Mickey for a few months. He is not going to turn him into Buttler or Bairstow, but it will be interesting to see if he can help him translate some of his Pakistan A form - where he scored heavily against some decent bowling - into international cricket.

Anyway, his career is not over yet. When Malik (most definitely) and Hafeez (most probably) retire from ODIs after the World Cup, he will be among the leading candidates to replace them in the middle-order.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked awful.
    Watching him bat in this tour i can't understand how did he scored heavily for Pakistan A

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    I'd haste caution in this aspect as we already have someone with good technique. And aside from his good technique, is only famous for scoring runs in a losing cause or saving his spot just in the nick of time and book in for the next series. In other words, this good technique guy is impactless.
    Still if you have a technique you have a chance but with no technique in International cricket you have quicker and taller fast bowlers.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really funny people are still betting on this horse.
    He will never be able to compete in international cricket, he doesn't have it. /thread

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    69 runs in 4 innings at the PSL at a poor strike rate of 102.98.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Really funny people are still betting on this horse.
    He will never be able to compete in international cricket, he doesn't have it. /thread
    People just want Sarfraz out one way or another

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another horrible innings today

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Finisher of his own team's chances

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Finisher of his own team's chances
    Please avoid plagiarism

Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    He is definitely a good finisher...... finisher of Pakistan's chances.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    This thread has not aged well at all.

Up there with the Umar Akmal vs Virat Kohli thread.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Please avoid plagiarism

Didn't notice

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is a very tough competition between Rizwan & Shinwari for worst player's spot.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, this guy was in great form and we all thought he had transformed into some amazing player. What an anti climax. Big flop.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadozai View Post
    It is a very tough competition between Rizwan & Shinwari for worst player's spot.
    It's really not. Shinwari is terrible in his own right but he's nowhere near as useless as Rizwan. Shinwari in 12 ODIs has a ridiculous average of 17 with an economy rate under 5. He also has 2 4fers and 1 5fer to his name.

Shinwari is proof that stats aren't everything but still even in his short career, he has shown glimpses of talent and won a few matches for Pakistan. Stark contrast to Rizwan who genuinely makes you wonder how he has made a living out of playing cricket.

Rizwan stands alone as the most useless cricketer currently involved in our first team. He actually has a case for being the most useless international cricketer going around. He is the Kohli of useless cricketers.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    It's really not. Shinwari is terrible in his own right but he's nowhere near as useless as Rizwan. Shinwari in 12 ODIs has a ridiculous average of 17 with an economy rate under 5. He also has 2 4fers and 1 5fer to his name.

Shinwari is proof that stats aren't everything but still even in his short career, he has shown glimpses of talent and won a few matches for Pakistan. Stark contrast to Rizwan who genuinely makes you wonder how he has made a living out of playing cricket.

Rizwan stands alone as the most useless cricketer currently involved in our first team. He actually has a case for being the most useless international cricketer going around. He is the Kohli of useless cricketers.
    I was talking from PSL/KK's perspective & Shinwari is a little bit ahead of Rizwan there

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Man, this guy was in great form and we all thought he had transformed into some amazing player. What an anti climax. Big flop.
    definition of a domestic bully.. should never play for Pak again

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1076 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    10 off 30 stays in the squad.

The torture continues.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    10 off 30 stays in the squad.

The torture continues.
    Lovely... I wonder who selected him

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Back in form

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He is the biggest anomaly i have ever seen.

Playing an absolute beauty against Australia.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Good to see him availing the opportunity of batting at 4. This could be his long-term position.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lovely... I wonder who selected him
    Yes, I do wonder...

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, rizwan is the guy we need in the middle order at no 4.

I believe on previous occasions he was short on form and confidence, but if we can this guy confidence, then there is no one better than him at the moment for the no 4 spot in the odis.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has played well today. He probably isn't a number 6/7. If he is going to play for Pakistan it will have to be up the order. Needs to keep this up now.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to believe this guy has already played 30 ODI's and still not done anything of note until today.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will score 100 here on a flat deck, his real announcement would be if he can kick on and score a 150 odd score.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He scored a hundred in a pressure suitation

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still don't think he's good enough for international cricket but solid knock today

Pak have too many accumulators. Need someone to more dynamic

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A disastrous thing has happened for Pakistan team today. This guy has scored a 100.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerhitting game is absolutely non-existent. Yet another accumulator. We have better options when it comes to accumulators.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    A disastrous thing has happened for Pakistan team today. This guy has scored a 100.
    Don't think Mickey is stupid though. He will not be making the first XI. However, it is good to see our back up keeper is getting some confidence if the misfortune of Sarfraz picking up an injury is to happen.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Powerhitting game is absolutely non-existent. Yet another accumulator. We have better options when it comes to accumulators.
    That's why it's a pity U. Akmal and Shan masood couldn't get on.

The only 2 guys in this side that can ba at SR of 120 or above when needed.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has a hundred to his name but still really isn't "IN" at the crease. Not middling the ball at the end of the innings.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Exactly

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Don't think Mickey is stupid though. He will not be making the first XI. However, it is good to see our back up keeper is getting some confidence if the misfortune of Sarfraz picking up an injury is to happen.
    It will get Rizwan in the ODI squad, But NO way that he is replacing Hafeez in the eleven.

Hafeez is still 10x better than Rizwan. He at the least is a stroke maker and can smash the opposition on good belters.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He needs to get out now, why is Imad still in the hut?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    It will get Rizwan in the ODI squad, But NO way that he is replacing Hafeez in the eleven.

Hafeez is still 10x better than Rizwan. He at the least is a stroke maker and can smash the opposition on good belters.
    More importantly, he can bowl seven decent overs.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    More importantly, he can bowl seven decent overs.
    Hafeez is gold these days in the limited overs formats. Malik is the one that is done and dusted.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1076 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Good knock but his sluggish end to the innings may cost us.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Hafeez is gold these days in the limited overs formats. Malik is the one that is done and dusted.
    Malik is decent too. Both should be on the plane but I agree that only one, ideally Hafeez, should make the XI.

A lot depends on Umar Akmal though. He's the only other lower-order batsman than can dislodge Malik from the team. It is either that or batting Sarfaraz at #6 and Shadab or Imad at #7, which would severely weaken out batting.

Hafeez batting at #5 and bowling 7-10, economical overs an innings would be fantastic for the team balance. Haris can be the sixth bowling option.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Sluggish end to the innings will cost us.
    His last 43 balls cost us at the least 30/40 runs on an even beter wicket. Pak will regret this.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has certainly improved his game against spin bowling.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guys scores 115 off 126 and just because he isnt beloved of most here, some people are saying disastrous thing for Pak cricket.

Without realizing how important his innings were when at 1 stage we were 112/4.

Just PP things I guess.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it wasnt for his century we might not have scored even 200 here.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Poor batsman.

A bad accumulator.

We have better options for accumulators at 4.

Even today he wasn't convincing and sucked out the momentum, on a pure batting track. Has played 30 ODIs already.

This 100 may cost us.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Poor batsman.

A bad accumulator.

We have better options for accumulators at 4.

Even today he wasn't convincing and sucked out the momentum, on a pure batting track. Has played 30 ODIs already.

This 100 may cost us.
    Did OK for an accumulator @ SR of 91.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He plays one good innings and people are going crazy. Trust me, his 100 today will hurt Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People have no compassion for a fellow human being. He must have worked a lot to reach here and today was a special day for him and his family. The trolls behind the computer bashing him for no reason.

He is not the the guy to be blamed here

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Did OK for an accumulator @ SR of 91.
    For someone who plays that many deliveries on a belter and still not end up at 100+ strike rate isn't something to boast about.

But, it was still good, if it was done by a proper batsman with a history of making good scores.

Riz isn't that person and has a history of failures, poor technique, not a timer, nor can accelerate.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has some technical problems but is a clutch player.

His team has won few domestic tournaments and several matches due to his clutch batting.

Main test will be against express pace where his balance might come into question.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I wasn't overly excited about his innings today.

Yes it was a 100 but I thought he should have scored at a quicker rate.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some pathetic comments. Yes he didn’t do well in the last 10 overs but today he’s proved himself to be the superior bat over Sarfraz.

His knock was crucial when pak were 112/4 and facing yet another batting collapse.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

Agreed especially in his last 20, 30 runs. However, considering it was his first such milestone it was natural to be a bit nervous.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another one dimensional batsman. Australia happily let him get to his 100 because they knew they already have the match in the bag. This was a 350+ pitch and Pak only scored 280.

I simply don't get why Pakistan didn't just opt to go to six hitters for this ODI series. If we weren't going to play the starters then might aswell given guys like Asif Ali license to kill and show their hitting abilities. I would liked to see a batting line up made up of all the best stroke makers in Pakistan and see what they can do without any pressure. All these accumulators don't belong in the modern game.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good innings today. People must understand that for a Pakistani batsman this was a good effort. There is no batsman in the team who can score those 100+ SR centuries like Sharma, Kohli, Buttler, etc.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon

Why do you rate his batting?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjahmed23 View Post
    Another one dimensional batsman. Australia happily let him get to his 100 because they knew they already have the match in the bag. This was a 350+ pitch and Pak only scored 280.

I simply don't get why Pakistan didn't just opt to go to six hitters for this ODI series. If we weren't going to play the starters then might aswell given guys like Asif Ali license to kill and show their hitting abilities. I would liked to see a batting line up made up of all the best stroke makers in Pakistan and see what they can do without any pressure. All these accumulators don't belong in the modern game.
    Akmal had the license to kill as well but failed

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    His 100 isnt much better than sohails in 1st game, slow and sluggish effort.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

Another play for himself type inns, just like sohails in 1st game.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good to see our WK batsmen score a Ton
    But won’t look too much into it but he needed this confidence

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    @Mamoon

Why do you rate his batting?
    It is not that I rate him in particular - I feel that he deserves more opportunities to prove himself. He was rightfully thrown out after a couple of torrid series against Australia and England, but considering his form for the A team against some pretty solid bowling and Sarfaraz's pathetic performances, he deserves another chance and I am glad that he has utilised the opportunity.

His power-hitting is not good enough for 6-7, but I think he can be a decent number 4 or 5. I will gladly take him over Sarfaraz. Based on these innings, he is likely to get an extended run at four especially after the World Cup when Hafeez and Malik retire from ODIs.