Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muslim terrorist versus the rest (Media Analysis)

I have come to realise how the media has reserved the word 'Terrorist' specifically when a so called Muslim is involved. If no Muslims are involved it is NOT considered a Terrorist attack.

This thread will contain events that take place around the world and i will like to share how the media has associated the word Terrorist to Muslims.

Please note the events I post are tragic and my aim is not to undermine the sensitivity of the events.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOT A TERRORIST

Oregon college shooting: Nine dead in Roseburg attack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34419802

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOT A TERRORIST

Liam Lyburd guilty of Newcastle College mass murder plot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33718094

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOT A TERRORIST

Alps plane crash: What happened?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32035121

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Men Grooming Kids are described as Muslim. Race, ethnicity and religion brought into discussion.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18004153

Group of white men rape babies. No race/ehtniticty/religion mentions.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32413502

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that you use the term 'Jihad' as a term associated with Terrorism in itself is a sign of how influenced you are by the media.

Jihad: 'the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin'

My 'Lame attempt' is to show how the media fixes our perception. You are a fine example.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Excellent thread.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempus123 View Post
    Lame attempt. The terrorism is linked to Islam not by the rest of the world, but the terrorists themselves. The muslim world keeps silent on it, except saying "Islam doesn't allow this", and downplay it by saying Jihaad is in response to the atrocities by western world.
    The fact that you use the term 'Jihad' as a term associated with Terrorism in itself is a sign of how influenced you are by the media.

My 'Lame attempt' is to show how the media fixes our perception. You are a fine example.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOT A TERRORIST

Dylann Roof on murder charges over Charleston shooting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33204724

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kean0 View Post

I understand the real meaning of the word, please read my comment fully. I said it was used by moderate muslims to justify the terrorist acts.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee Rigby Attack (terrorism) V Lee Rigby Revenge Attacker (Not a terrorist)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-33252264

You wont have read this in any headlines.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the real meaning of the word, please read my comment fully. I said it was used by moderate muslims to justify the terrorist acts.
    I am sorry, who are these 'moderate Muslims'? Of the 1.6 billion Muslims, who are the moderate and who are not?

When the media start passing their views as the views of the Muslims its really just stirring the pot.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So the media label violent acts that are performed by people falsely claiming to be muslim as terrorists acts.

Is that wrong.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lame attempt. The terrorism is linked to Islam not by the rest of the world, but the terrorists themselves. The muslim world keeps silent on it, except saying "Islam doesn't allow this", and downplay it by saying Jihaad is in response to the atrocities by western world.
    This is by far the stupidest thing I've ever seen you post. I mean, you post a lot of stupid things but honestly this takes the cake.

"The muslim world keeps silent on it." What do you expect us to do? Why should muslims be apologetic because some idiots somewhere are going crazy and killing people. If some black dude commits a crime, should black people all over the world apologize for that and 'do something about it'?

What about white supremacists? When someone like Dylann Roof commits an act of terrorism in the US, should white Europeans also be held accountable and come out and justify his actions?

Absurd really.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    This is by far the stupidest thing I've ever seen you post. I mean, you post a lot of stupid things but honestly this takes the cake.

"The muslim world keeps silent on it." What do you expect us to do? Why should muslims be apologetic because some idiots somewhere are going crazy and killing people. If some black dude commits a crime, should black people all over the world apologize for that and 'do something about it'?

What about white supremacists? When someone like Dylann Roof commits an act of terrorism in the US, should white Europeans also be held accountable and come out and justify his actions?

Absurd really.
    Says the poster who said that all muslim women were happy with restrictions put on them by Islam.. Good to see that you find other posters stupid when you wrote an idiotic post like this.

Anyway, there have been a lot of debate on it, and what I said isn't something new. People world over believe that Terrorists derive their justification from verses of Quran, and the moderate muslims mostly keep quiet on it.

I have seen muslim scholars like Zakir Naik downplaying it by highlighting the fact that it was done in revenge .

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Says the poster who said that all muslim women were happy with restrictions put on them by Islam.. Good to see that you find other posters stupid when you wrote an idiotic post like this.

Anyway, there have been a lot of debate on it, and what I said isn't something new. People world over believe that Terrorists derive their justification from verses of Quran, and the moderate muslims mostly keep quiet on it.

I have seen muslim scholars like Zakir Naik downplaying it by highlighting the fact that it was done in revenge .
    With regards to you first point, you do understand that religion is a choice? If they don't like it, they can stop practicing it. The fact that they are practicing it means that they are happy with it.

With regards to your second point, how is it our concern if someone misrepresents the Qur'an? I still don't understand what you want the rest of the muslim world to do? Do you want us to go to war against these terrorists? What exactly is your point? How is the entire muslim world responsible for the actions of these terrorists.

Since when does Zakir Naik represent the entire muslim community?

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    With regards to you first point, you do understand that religion is a choice? If they don't like it, they can stop practicing it. The fact that they are practicing it means that they are happy with it.

With regards to your second point, how is it our concern if someone misrepresents the Qur'an? I still don't understand what you want the rest of the muslim world to do? Do you want us to go to war against these terrorists? What exactly is your point? How is the entire muslim world responsible for the actions of these terrorists.

Since when does Zakir Naik represent the entire muslim community?
    It just helps people differentiate between the real muslims and the extremists, if there is no effort to separate and distinguish the differences between the two then it becomes harder for non muslims to know who supports who and who are the real muslims.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    It just helps people differentiate between the real muslims and the extremists, if there is no effort to separate and distinguish the differences between the two then it becomes harder for non muslims to know who supports who and who are the real muslims.
    What exactly you want us to do ? Elaborate please

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    I don't want you to do anything, if terrorists acts are committed in the name of islam and you follow islam then what should I think. How do I know that your version of islam is different to the terrorists version. Its up to you to differentiate yourself from them. Non muslims don't know who believes what and how the verses in the Koran should be interpreted.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want you to do anything, if terrorists acts are committed in the name of islam and you follow islam then what should I think. How do I know that your version of islam is different to the terrorists version. Its up to you to differentiate yourself from them. Non muslims don't know who believes what and how the verses in the Koran should be interpreted.
    It's a cop-out. Why don't the Muslims who come up in arms against cartoons and call for death to those who Insult Islam, aren't protesting as rigorously against these terrorists and appeal for death for them ? Aren't they insulting Islam as well ?

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ *protest (instead of aren't protesting)

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not want the thread to be about Islam and what it stands for but to highlight the media bias and its agenda to tarnish it.

If someone wants to discuss what Islam stands for please open another thread.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOT AN ACT OF TERRORISM

Morden mosque fire: 70 firefighters tackle blaze

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34369710

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DECLARED TERRORIST - 15 Year old Muslim

Anzac Day terror plot: Blackburn boy sentenced to life

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34423984

DIFFERENCE Between the above boy and this boy? One happens not to be Muslim

NOT A TERRORIST

Liam Lyburd guilty of Newcastle College mass murder plot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33718094

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO, its more to do with the definition on terrorist.

Terrorist is some one who intends to install fear in the general populace in order to further their agenda. The idea is that if you do not agree with us or do not act in our favour, we will harm you again.

On the other hand, if a lone killer or plotter intends to kill or harm people, it is normally done without a long term motive of achieving a goal. As for the newcastle lad, its similar to the Amercian school shooting. It can't be considered a terrorist activity since there was no long term agenda.

You are also forgetting that IRA were considered a terrorist group since they were harming people with a long term agenda.

If Klu Klux Klan or some hindu right wing nut job group decides to harm people with a long term goal of ethnic cleansing/or an agenda of white america or only hindus in india, it would be a terrorist activity.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    IMHO, its more to do with the definition on terrorist.

Terrorist is some one who intends to install fear in the general populace in order to further their agenda. The idea is that if you do not agree with us or do not act in our favour, we will harm you again.

On the other hand, if a lone killer or plotter intends to kill or harm people, it is normally done without a long term motive of achieving a goal. As for the newcastle lad, its similar to the Amercian school shooting. It can't be considered a terrorist activity since there was no long term agenda.

You are also forgetting that IRA were considered a terrorist group since they were harming people with a long term agenda.

If Klu Klux Klan or some hindu right wing nut job group decides to harm people with a long term goal of ethnic cleansing/or an agenda of white america or only hindus in india, it would be a terrorist activity.
    The bigger problem rather than the simple definition of terrorist or not, is that the US completely brushes these 'lone wolf' shooting under the carpet and the media always acts like it's a very rare, one-off incident while 'terrorist' incidents are portrayed as massive, end of the World incidents. The reality is that there have been more than 40 school shootings this year. Clearly something is not right since the US is the only country in the World where it happens so often. But they will insist that 'terrorism' aka ISIS is a bigger threat and therefore nothing needs to be done about these incidents.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 2nd October 2015 at 11:01.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    The bigger problem rather than the simple definition of terrorist or not, is that the US completely brushes these 'lone wolf' shooting under the carpet and the media always acts like it's a very rare, one-off incident while 'terrorist' incidents are portrayed as massive, end of the World incidents. The reality is that there have been more than 40 school shootings this year. Clearly something is not right since the US is the only country in the World where it happens so often. But they will insist that 'terrorism' aka ISIS is a bigger threat and therefore nothing needs to be done about these incidents.
    Agreed. But the lone wolf shootings are not terrorist activities. It is clearly a failure of the US govt to stop such incidents. But, unfortunately the US constitution (I guess, not 100% sure) allows people to maintain guns, and some states actively support this ideology. Such incidents will keep happening unless the American gun culture is curbed.

But it cannot be treated as a terrorist activity, as in the end the kid has no long term agenda.

Unfortunately, when it comes to islamic terrorist, even though the guy may be a nut job, he/she commits the murder using islam as an excuse.

As stated if a christian/hindu group starts commiting this act with the agena of christian/hindu supremacy, then it would be a terrorist activity. After all, IRA and the indian guy who bombed samjhauta express are considered terrorists.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A muslim has killed a employee of the NSW police in Australia and this was in the media:

He urged the community to remember the Australian Muslim community would be especially appalled by the crime.

"We must not vilify or blame the entire Muslim community with the actions of what is, in truth, a very, very small percentage of violent extremist individuals," he said.

"The Muslim community are our absolutely necessary partners in combating this type of violent extremism."

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...ES3?li=AAavLaF

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DECLACRED TERROIST

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34431926

Sydney teenager who killed police worker 'had terror links'

As mentioned above by Gilly. He killed a cop and had a Muslim name = Automatic Terrorist.

One day after opening my thread the media proves my point.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Two days ago 200 hundred Hindu Terrorists Killed one Muslim for a Beef issue
    Yesterday a christian terrorist killed 9 innocent people

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two days ago 200 hundred Hindu Terrorists Killed one Muslim for a Beef issue
    Yesterday a christian terrorist killed 9 innocent people
    I understand your point here @Azzurri, whether you meant it as a comparison to what the media do or you genuinely feel this way.

I would say that the media are wrongly doing this and i would add 200 people killing a man over beef are idiots and a boy gunning down innocent people was also not mentally well. But i would ask for the same judgement when a Muslim is involved. It is never the case.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOT A TERRORIST

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-24614280

Mohammed Saleem stabbing: Man admits murder and mosque blasts

You will not have seen this making the main news or headline. This man was NOT declared a terrorist.

The man admitted to the terror and a terror unit was involved BUT the media make attempt to declare him a terrorist. Funny no?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOT A TERRORIST

Oregon college shooting: Nine dead in Roseburg attack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34419802
    The boy was targeting christian students. Still not declared a terrorist.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    DECLACRED TERROIST

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34431926

Sydney teenager who killed police worker 'had terror links'

As mentioned above by Gilly. He killed a cop and had a Muslim name = Automatic Terrorist.

One day after opening my thread the media proves my point.
    There was more to it than that, after shooting the victim he was pacing up and down in front of the police station calling out Allah, Allah. His sister has gone missing and is presumed to have flown to Syria. Also just before he shot the victim he went to a mosque and changed into black clothing before proceeding to the police station.

Are you suggesting he is not a terrorist.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was more to it than that, after shooting the victim he was pacing up and down in front of the police station calling out Allah, Allah. His sister has gone missing and is presumed to have flown to Syria. Also just before he shot the victim he went to a mosque and changed into black clothing before proceeding to the police station.

Are you suggesting he is not a terrorist.
    I am suggesting if he was a white man with a non Muslim name screaming out 'God oh God' he will be declared mentally unstable and not a terrorist.

Also can i ask for a link to back up what you are saying?
    Last edited by Kean0; 3rd October 2015 at 11:35.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many good muslims in the society and all muslims are not terrorists. BUT you need to understand that 99% of global terrorism is caused by Muslim people in the name of Islam. I do not blame the media at all and no way they are stereotyping. When most of the terrorism around the world is done by people of a certain religion, its normal human psycology for people to look towards them in a suspicious manner. Unfortunate for genuine good muslims but they have to deal with it.

Also I concur with @tempus123 that muslims are not too vocal against the attrocities caused by these terrorists. Most of the muslims I have met try to avoid the topic on terrorism. There are some muslim preachers like Anjem Choudhury etc. even go to an extent of supporting it.

Lets take ISIS for example. They want to implement Shariya law in the entiree world and threat people that anyone who is non muslim need to convert else will be killed. Religion is a choice and who the hell are they to decide which religion I should follow?

Have you ever heard Christian or Hindu or Sikh fanatics killing/behading people because they do not follow their religion?

Not sure about other countries but here in UK normal people have very bad reputation on muslims. Just read this page for example:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBritainFirst?fref=ts

Its a fact that 99% of terrorism in the world is caused by muslims and media is doing the right thing by naming and shaming them.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian_Supporter View Post
    There are many good muslims in the society and all muslims are not terrorists. BUT you need to understand that 99% of global terrorism is caused by Muslim people in the name of Islam. I do not blame the media at all and no way they are stereotyping. When most of the terrorism around the world is done by people of a certain religion, its normal human psycology for people to look towards them in a suspicious manner. Unfortunate for genuine good muslims but they have to deal with it.

Also I concur with @tempus123 that muslims are not too vocal against the attrocities caused by these terrorists. Most of the muslims I have met try to avoid the topic on terrorism. There are some muslim preachers like Anjem Choudhury etc. even go to an extent of supporting it.

Lets take ISIS for example. They want to implement Shariya law in the entiree world and threat people that anyone who is non muslim need to convert else will be killed. Religion is a choice and who the hell are they to decide which religion I should follow?

Have you ever heard Christian or Hindu or Sikh fanatics killing/behading people because they do not follow their religion?

Not sure about other countries but here in UK normal people have very bad reputation on muslims. Just read this page for example:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBritainFirst?fref=ts

Its a fact that 99% of terrorism in the world is caused by muslims and media is doing the right thing by naming and shaming them.
    Please take your trolling some where else. And when you say things like 'Fact' please back it with evidence. P.S. A Facebook link to your aunts best pals page is NOT reputable.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please take your trolling some where else. And when you say things like 'Fact' please back it with evidence. P.S. A Facebook link to your aunts best pals page is NOT reputable.
    What evidence you want? That 99% of the terrorism in this world is carried out by muslims? You want me to list out all the terrorism acts? All the major terrorism in the world is carried out in the name of Islam and its only correct media is shaming them. I am completely with media people in it.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What evidence you want? That 99% of the terrorism in this world is carried out by muslims? You want me to list out all the terrorism acts? All the major terrorism in the world is carried out in the name of Islam and its only correct media is shaming them. I am completely with media people in it.
    You said it was fact.

Definition of fact - 'Information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.'

Please provide your article. You fail to provide this then please declare yourself a troll.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    However, and this will probably shock many, so you might want to take a breath: Overwhelmingly, those who have committed terrorist attacks in the United States and Europe aren’t Muslims. Let’s give that a moment to sink in.

Now, it’s not your fault if you aren’t aware of that fact. You can blame the media. (Yes, Sarah Palin and I actually agree on one thing: The mainstream media sucks.)

So here are some statistics for those interested. Let’s start with Europe. Want to guess what percent of the terrorist attacks there were committed by Muslims over the past five years? Wrong. That is, unless you said less than 2 percent.

As Europol, the European Union’s law-enforcement agency, noted in its report released last year, the vast majority of terror attacks in Europe were perpetrated by separatist groups. For example, in 2013, there were 152 terror attacks in Europe. Only two of them were “religiously motivated,” while 84 were predicated upon ethno-nationalist or separatist beliefs.

We are talking about groups like France’s FLNC, which advocates an independent nation for the island of Corsica. In December 2013, FLNC terrorists carried out simultaneous rocket attacks against police stations in two French cities. And in Greece in late 2013, the left-wing Militant Popular Revolutionary Forces shot and killed two members of the right-wing political party Golden Dawn. While over in Italy, the anarchist group FAI engaged in numerous terror attacks including sending a bomb to a journalist. And the list goes on and on.

Have you heard of these incidents? Probably not. But if Muslims had committed them do you think you our media would’ve covered it? No need to answer, that’s a rhetorical question.

Even after one of the worst terror attacks ever in Europe in 2011, when Anders Breivik slaughtered 77 people in Norway to further his anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant, and pro-“Christian Europe” agenda as he stated in his manifesto, how much press did we see in the United States? Yes, it was covered, but not the way we see when a Muslim terrorist is involved. Plus we didn’t see terrorism experts fill the cable news sphere asking how we can stop future Christian terrorists. In fact, even the suggestion that Breivik was a “Christian terrorist” was met with outrage by many, including Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly.

Have you heard about the Buddhist terrorists? Well, extremist Buddhists have killed many Muslim civilians in Burma, and just a few months ago in Sri Lanka, some went on a violent rampage burning down Muslim homes and businesses and slaughtering four Muslims.

Or what about the (dare I mention them) Jewish terrorists? Per the 2013 State Department’s report on terrorism, there were 399 acts of terror committed by Israeli settlers in what are known as “price tag” attacks. These Jewish terrorists attacked Palestinian civilians causing physical injuries to 93 of them and also vandalized scores of mosques and Christian churches.

Back in the United States, the percentage of terror attacks committed by Muslims is almost as miniscule as in Europe. An FBI study looking at terrorism committed on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 found that 94 percent of the terror attacks were committed by non-Muslims. In actuality, 42 percent of terror attacks were carried out by Latino-related groups, followed by 24 percent perpetrated by extreme left-wing actors.

And as a 2014 study by University of North Carolina found, since the 9/11 attacks, Muslim-linked terrorism has claimed the lives of 37 Americans. In that same time period, more than 190,000 Americans were murdered (PDF).

In fact in 2013, it was actually more likely Americans would be killed by a toddler than a terrorist. In that year, three Americans were killed in the Boston Marathon bombing. How many people did toddlers kill in 2013? Five, all by accidentally shooting a gun.

But our media simply do not cover the non-Muslim terror attacks with same gusto. Why? It’s a business decision. Stories about scary “others” play better. It’s a story that can simply be framed as good versus evil with Americans being the good guy and the brown Muslim as the bad.

Honestly, when is the last time we heard the media refer to those who attack abortion clinics as “Christian terrorists,” even though these attacks occur at one of every five reproductive health-care facilities? That doesn’t sell as well. After all we are a so-called Christian nation, so that would require us to look at the enemy within our country, and that makes many uncomfortable. Or worse, it makes them change the channel.

That’s the same reason we don’t see many stories about how to reduce the 30 Americans killed each day by gun violence or the three women per day killed by domestic violence. But the media will have on expert after expert discussing how can we stop these scary brown Muslims from killing any more Americans despite the fact you actually have a better chance of being killed by a refrigerator falling on you.

Look, this article is not going to change the media’s business model. But what I hope it does is cause some to realize that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, they are actually a very small percent of those that are. Now, I’m not saying to ignore the dangers posed by Islamic radicals. I’m just saying look out for those refrigerators.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ven-close.html

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So here are some statistics for those interested. Let’s start with Europe. Want to guess what percent of the terrorist attacks there were committed by Muslims over the past five years? Wrong. That is, unless you said less than 2 percent.

As Europol, the European Union’s law-enforcement agency, noted in its report released last year, the vast majority of terror attacks in Europe were perpetrated by separatist groups. For example, in 2013, there were 152 terror attacks in Europe. Only two of them were “religiously motivated,” while 84 were predicated upon ethno-nationalist or separatist beliefs.
    (...)
    Back in the United States, the percentage of terror attacks committed by Muslims is almost as miniscule as in Europe. An FBI study looking at terrorism committed on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 found that 94 percent of the terror attacks were committed by non-Muslims. In actuality, 42 percent of terror attacks were carried out by Latino-related groups, followed by 24 percent perpetrated by extreme left-wing actors.

And as a 2014 study by University of North Carolina found, since the 9/11 attacks, Muslim-linked terrorism has claimed the lives of 37 Americans. In that same time period, more than 190,000 Americans were murdered (PDF).

In fact in 2013, it was actually more likely Americans would be killed by a toddler than a terrorist. In that year, three Americans were killed in the Boston Marathon bombing. How many people did toddlers kill in 2013? Five, all by accidentally shooting a gun.

And British citizens will love your equation of "normal UK people" with Britain First, a far right nationalistic party.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said it was fact.

Definition of fact - 'Information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.'

Please provide your article. You fail to provide this then please declare yourself a troll.
    I need to provide nothing. If you want to consider me as a troll...I dont care.

Entire world knows who is responsible for terrorism around the world and media is reporting it correctly. Meanwhile you can whine as much as u want.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post

And British citizens will love your equation of "normal UK people" with Britain First, a far right nationalistic party.
    1991 WTC Bombings, 94 Mumbai Blasts, US Embassy in Nairobi, 9/11, 7/7, 26/11, Charlie Hebdo etc. etc.

Need not read any article. We all know which religion these terrorists follow.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1991 WTC Bombings, 94 Mumbai Blasts, US Embassy in Nairobi, 9/11, 7/7, 26/11, Charlie Hebdo etc. etc.

Need not read any article. We all know which religion these terrorists follow.

You have all rights to not read, but just don't show such confidence in your ignorance. Even if you give details of all the elusive "etc. etc." you'll see that statistically they have not much weight. They're just "spectacular", but not regular. The US State-sponsored terrorism in Islamic countries is of different magnitude but doesn't fall under the "Christian terrorism" bracket for instance.

By the way, do you believe that Britain First is representative of "normal UK people" ?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have all rights to not read, but just don't show such confidence in your ignorance. Even if you give details of all the elusive "etc. etc." you'll see that statistically they have not much weight. They're just "spectacular", but not regular. The US State-sponsored terrorism in Islamic countries is of different magnitude but doesn't fall under the "Christian terrorism" bracket for instance.

By the way, do you believe that Britain First is representative of "normal UK people" ?
    Of course not but "Britain First" is a fan page in facebook where normal british people come and speak their heart out which they cannot say in public for obvious reasons. The comments made on that site gives clear indication of what people in general thinks.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Of course not but "Britain First" is a fan page in facebook where normal british people come and speak their heart out which they cannot say in public for obvious reasons. The comments made on that site gives clear indication of what people in general thinks.
    So you believe that few thousands in a pop. of few tens of millions and who come on a far right FB page are representative of the whole population ? The different "branches" of the Sangh Parivar (some purely political, other mainly militants) gather way more members than the whole UK pop. put together : are they representative of what "normal" Indians would think if there wasn't sickularism ?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you believe that few thousands in a pop. of few tens of millions and who come on a far right FB page are representative of the whole population ? The different "branches" of the Sangh Parivar (some purely political, other mainly militants) gather way more members than the whole UK pop. put together : are they representative of what "normal" Indians would think if there wasn't sickularism ?
    Ok peace...if you dnt wana believe its fine

Britons love muslim people in its country...stay happy.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have always wondered why almost all mainstream Muslims in Britain ignore Anjem Choudhary, and he is banned from most mosques around the country, and gets very little support from misguided people, and yet BBC invites him on Newsnight and he often speaks on such shows as though he is some spokesperson for all Muslims. Classic example of the media manipulating people. Why do they give him coverage and publicity, which is what he desires?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I have always wondered why almost all mainstream Muslims in Britain ignore Anjem Choudhary, and he is banned from most mosques around the country, and gets very little support from misguided people, and yet BBC invites him on Newsnight and he often speaks on such shows as though he is some spokesperson for all Muslims. Classic example of the media manipulating people. Why do they give him coverage and publicity, which is what he desires?
    Yes he is a very ignorant man.

Arguing with Fox News Journalist
    He thinks Shariya law be in UK someday

Britain First confronts Anjem Choudhury

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Precisely my point. They give him a lot of coverage because he furthers the negative perceptions people have of Muslims. He does not represent anyone besides himself and the tiny segment of the Muslim population that supports him. Yet Fox, etc treat him like a major voice of the Muslim community. He lives off this publicity.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty strong words.. asking the muslims to leave their country.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the view of the anchor.. Israel defends itself.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anjem Chaudhary seems to be a western agent sent to malign Islam's image. He is doing a pretty good job.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOT A TERRORIST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34612000

Boy running around knifing people. Does not happen to have a Muslim name. Declared a 'racist'.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who was Sweden's school sword killer?

Swedish police shared details on Friday about a 21-year-old Hitler admirer with far-right sympathies who killed a teacher and teenager at an immigrant-heavy Trollhättan school.

http://www.thelocal.se/20151023/who-...in-trollhattan

Hitler wannabe. Not a terrorist. Minimal media coverage.

Edit: Just realised this is a repeat of the previous post... Anyway.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 24th October 2015 at 00:47.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    As always Mehdi Hasan on point^^

Love his Up Front show on Al Jazeera. The way he grilled Qatar's Foreign Minister...on a Qatari owned station was very brave.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Another victim thread

There's enough Muslim voices to make a change in the media if they really wanted instead of always highlighting that non Muslim news surprisingly harbours alien views towards Muslims

The victim angle works in that Muslims are forced to defend their own 'discriminatory attitudes, I.e blasphemy laws and views on homosexuality which makes the whole victim angle go full circle

Is the media islamophobic? Without doubt
    Are they as surprised by white people shooting people of course not

But little girls having sex across Britain didn't really make anyone bat an eyelid until Asian gangs made money out of it

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Planned Parenthood: Three die in shooting at Colorado clinic

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34950261

Simply called a gunman in the media. All outlets saying 'the motive is unclear'... yeah, right. Peacefully detained 5 hours later after shooting 5 police officers.

Meanwhile, we have people that are taking 'positives' out of this shooting and supporting the attacker.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrel...ng#.pc0DBGL16L

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Ah peacefully detained ?

If that shooter was black he'd have been blown to smithereens.

Will he be given a Burger King meal like Dylann Roof as well ?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Wow, bring out the popcorn.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    FBI: Anti-Muslim Activist Could Be Headed For NY Muslim Community

The FBI issued a warning to New York police that anti-Muslim activist Jon Ritzheimer could be headed their way, the New York Daily News reported Friday.

Police were put on alert after Ritzheimer posted a threatening video online on Nov. 18 warning he was headed east to "see those ******** who called me a f------ terrorist," according to the Daily News.

The newspaper reported that Ritzheimer was referring to the organization Muslims of America, which called Ritzheimer an "American Taliban" in a recent issue of its newspaper, The Islamic Post.

“F--k you Muslims. We're gonna stop at virtually every mosque along the way, flip them off and tell them to get f-----," Ritzheimer said in the video, according to the Daily News. The video, which has since been taken down, also reportedly included Ritzheimer showing off a handgun.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...mer-ny-muslims

Anti-Muslim activist... nice one. Let's see this what this guy has done to earn this tag, shall we?

‘Likelihood for blood will be high’: Anti-Muslim militia man threatens bloodshed at October Farrakhan rally

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/like...rrakhan-rally/

Militia Organizer Threatens to Arrest Stabenow Over Iran Deal

“We are planning on arresting Senator Debbie Stabenow, who voted yes to the Iran Nuke Deal. She will be arrested for treason under Article 3 Section 3 of the Constitution,” states the letter. “We have chosen her as our first target due to our strong ties with the Michigan State Militia and their lax gun laws that will allow us to operate in a manner necessary for an operation like this.”

Ritzheimer, 31, claims that after successfully detaining the Michigan Democrat, he and his armed militia “will continue to move across the country and arrest everyone involved with the Iran Nuke Deal” including the president.
    http://blogs.rollcall.com/hill-blott...eat-iran-deal/

Sounds like your everyday activist, for sure. Until he goes and kills a bunch of people, after which we will come to know about his 'mental health' problems and how he was a 'loner'.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DECLARED A TERRORIST

San Bernardino shootings investigated as terrorism

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35006404

Initially the incident was declared random act and soon as a Muslim name appeared it has been declared an act of terrorism.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    http://www.vox.com/2015/12/3/9845166...rdino-shooting

Fictional 'Muslim' name Tayyeep Bin Ardogan linked to attackers. Shooter's brother's picture shown initially in the media (he happens to be a decorated US Navy veteran).

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/201...-msnbc/418893/

And then.... this. MSNBC and CNN ransack the shooters' apartments. MSNBC show picture of child (random minor) and Farook's mother's driver license and social security number shown on LIVE TV.

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/30/robe...hood_coverage/

Meanwhile, Robert Dear, the man who carried out the shooting at the Planned Parenthood facility is referred to as a 'gentle loner' by the NY Times.

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    NXT Performance Center, Florida
    Runs
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very good thread, explains a lot of things. Hopefully will put sense to some here

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DECLARED TERRORIST ACT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35018789

THEN

NOT A TERRORIST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35023517

When this incident took place the entire media branded this incident as a 'Terrorist attack' and as soon as videos + people came forward to state it was a simple man beating up on another then suddenly it is no longer a 'Terrorist attack'.

Love how the media immediately jumped on to the Terrorist attack story when it initially took place because the man wielding a knife had a Muslim name. Pathetic work from the media.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    DECLARED TERRORIST ACT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35018789

THEN

NOT A TERRORIST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35023517

When this incident took place the entire media branded this incident as a 'Terrorist attack' and as soon as videos + people came forward to state it was a simple man beating up on another then suddenly it is no longer a 'Terrorist attack'.

Love how the media immediately jumped on to the Terrorist attack story when it initially took place because the man wielding a knife had a Muslim name. Pathetic work from the media.
    Not sure where you're going with this

He has a half Muslim half non Muslim name so that doesn't give us any clues as to whether he is Muslim or not

And the whole terrorist angle was because he said he was doing it for Syria not for 'beef'

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Glaz Gaow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOT A TERRORIST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-35027049

White attacker = "At this stage, this is not being treated as a terrorist.
    @chacha kashmiri

This is my point, an Islamic name seem to be the passport to automatic calls for Terrorism.

Tell me the only difference between this incident and the man in the Tube station?

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the problem with Muslim world, as soon as someone tries to show you a problem everyone gets defensive and start justifying...which takes their logical and smart brain into different path of thinking instead of solving the problem they without their knowledge protects the deficiencies in their religion and practices..Now if anyone comes back and says we don't have any deficiencies in our Islam, that itself will prove that how outdated someone's thinking can be.

Anyway, point I was trying to make here is instead of looking at the definition of Jihad, why don't you pull your holy book and start a list of what is the definition of SIN? I think that's where you will find the solution of your problem.

I don't want to write long list of SINS listed in your holy book here...not that I know any better than many well educated people on this board...

Cheers

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    NOT A TERRORIST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-35027049

White attacker = "At this stage, this is not being treated as a terrorist.
    @chacha kashmiri

This is my point, an Islamic name seem to be the passport to automatic calls for Terrorism.

Tell me the only difference between this incident and the man in the Tube station?
    Oh right

Sorry I completely misinterpreted your post and thought you were saying the headlines on the tube stabbing have changed since they found out the mans name

You are right about Abingdon, but it has been top news all days unlike the other stabbings across London in November

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist

Did you hear about the man who entered New Orleans’ airport with explosives and a machete? No? Well, you would have if he’d been Muslim.

A Muslim American man carrying a duffel bag that holds six homemade explosives, a machete, and poison spray travels to a major U.S. airport. The man enters the airport, approaches the TSA security checkpoint, and then sprays two TSA officers with the poison. He then grabs his machete and chases another TSA officer with it.

This Muslim man is then shot and killed by the police. After the incident, a search of the attacker’s car by the police reveals it contained acetylene and oxygen tanks, two substances that, when mixed together, will yield a powerful explosive.

If this scenario occurred, there’s zero doubt that this would be called a terrorist attack. Zero. It would make headlines across the country and world, and we would see wall-to-wall cable news coverage for days. And, of course, certain right-wing media outlets, many conservative politicians, and Bill Maher would use this event as another excuse to stoke the flames of hate toward Muslims.

Well, last Friday night, this exact event took place at the New Orleans airport—that is, except for one factual difference: The attacker was not Muslim. Consequently, you might be reading about this brazen assault for the first time here, although this incident did receive a smattering of media coverage over the weekend.

The man who commited this attack was Richard White, a 63-year-old former Army serviceman who has long been retired and living on Social Security and disability checks. He was reportedly a devout Jehovah’s Witness.

Given the facts that a man armed with explosives and weapons traveled to an airport and only attacked federal officers, you would think that the word “terrorism” would at least come up as a possibility, right? But it’s not even mentioned.

Instead, law enforcement was quick to chalk this incident up to the attacker’s alleged “mental health issues.” That was pretty amazing police work considering this conclusion came within hours of the attack. There was no mention by police that they had even explored whether White had issues with the federal government stemming from his military service, if there was any evidence he held anti-government views, etc.

Perhaps Mr. White truly was mentally ill. Interviews with his neighbors, however, don’t even give us a hint that he had mental problems. Rather they described White as a “meek” and “kind” man who a few had spoken to just days before the incident and everything seemed fine. You would think these neighbors would at least note that White had a history of mental illness if it was so apparent.

Now I’m not saying definitively that I believe Mr. White was a terrorist. My point is twofold. One is that if White had been a Muslim, the investigation into his motivation by the media and maybe even the police would have essentially been over once his faith had been ascertained. If a Muslim does anything wrong, it’s assumed to be terrorism. (Apparently we Muslims can’t be mentally ill.)

Given this climate, how can the police not even mention that they investigated the possibility of terrorism and ruled it out? I spoke with Colonel Fortunato, the spokesperson for Jefferson County Sherriff’s Office, which is the agency in charge of the investigation. Fortunato explained that due to state law, they couldn’t release any additional information regarding White’s mental illness or reveal information regarding any treatment he may or may not have undergone.

When I asked Fortunato if they had investigated White’s digital footprint to ascertain whether he had visited any anti-government websites or had searched his residence to see if he possessed an anti-government literature or made or written anti-government statements, he gave me what sounded like a boiler plate response that the investigation has revealed no affiliation to any outside groups. Fortunato expressed his confidence that White had acted alone and that no ties to any terror groups. But he added that we will never truly know what motivated White given he died before being questioned.

But part of me actually believes that there are some in the media and law enforcement who prefer to use the term terrorism only when it applies to a Muslim.

Why? Because it’s easy to do. Muslims are viewed by many as the “other,” not as fellow Americans. But discussing domestic terrorism carried out by fellow Americans is at best, uncomfortable, and at worst, undermines the narrative that some in our country have a vested interest in advancing.

I’m not sure what will change this mindset, but if we want to truly keep Americans safe, law enforcement and the media need to understand that terrorism is not just a Muslim thing.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...terrorist.html

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The religious tag to a terrorist is given only when he/she is a Muslim otherwise its a poor guy who couldnt mix up with society case.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Terror attacks receive five times more media coverage if perpetrator is Muslim, study finds

Terror attacks carried out by Muslims receive more than five times as much media coverage as those carried out by non-Muslims in the United States, according to an academic study.

Analysis of coverage of all terrorist attacks in the US between 2011 and 2015 found there was a 449 per cent increase in media attention when the perpetrator was Muslim.

Muslims committed just 12.4 per cent of attacks during the period studied but received 41.4 per cent of news coverage, the survey found.

The authors said the finding suggests the media is making people disproportionately fearful of Muslim terrorists.

Scientists studied US newspaper coverage of every terrorist attack on American soil and counted up the total number of articles dedicated to each attack.

They found that the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, which was carried out by two Muslim attackers and killed three people, received almost 20 per cent of all coverage relating to US terror attacks in the five-year period.

In contrast, reporting of a 2012 massacre at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin that left six people dead and was carried out by Wade Michael Page – a white man, constituted just 3.8 per cent of coverage.

A mass shooting by Dylann Roof, who is also white, at an African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina, killed nine people but received only 7.4 per cent of media coverage, while a 2014 attack by Frazier Glenn Miller on a Kansas synagogue left three dead but accounted for just 3.3 per cent of reports.

All of the above attacks are considered to meet widely-used definitions of terrorism, according to researchers at Georgia State University.

The authors said their finding debunked Donald Trump’s suggestion, made in February, that the media is not reporting terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims.

“When President Trump asserted that the media does not cover some terrorist attacks enough, it turns out that he was correct,” they wrote. “However, his assertion that attacks by Muslim perpetrators received less coverage is unsubstantiated.

“Regardless of other factors, attacks perpetrated by Muslims receive a disproportionate amount of media coverage. In the present data, Muslims perpetrated 12.4 per cent of the attacks yet received 41.4 per cent of the news coverage.

“Whether the disproportionate coverage is a conscious decision on the part of journalists or not, this stereotyping reinforces cultural narratives about what and who should be feared.

“By covering terrorist attacks by Muslims dramatically more than other incidents, media frame this type of event as more prevalent. Based on these findings, it is no wonder that Americans are so fearful of radical Islamic terrorism. Reality shows, however, that these fears are misplaced.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7820726.html

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an amazing thread. This needs to be collated into an article. I always knew this was the case but never had any reference to these articles. It's an eye-opener for those who keep repeating "not all Muslims are terrorists...blah blah blah“.

Solid stuff Kean.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Something like this:

https://thewire.in/152470/protests-l...g-notinmyname/

Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    http://isisnotinmyname.com

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Last time i heard about this hashtag was when muslims were protesting against the extremists ISIS and so on

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Brilliant thread!

People who swung the argument at the start of the thread forgot the definition of terrorism.

"the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes."

So is me going to my school and shooting 10 people an act of terrorism? Yes.

Is it an act of terrorism if my white classmate does the same? Well, going by the definition, yes it is, but the news will say otherwise, that he was mentally ill or some other BS.

Nowhere in the definition does it say the person has to be of a certain race.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Name:  C7kij5CUwAAjZpR.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  130.8 KB

Name:  C7kikdOV4AABvSJ.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  C7kijORVMAIPY5e.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  108.7 KB

Name:  C7kijunVMAEcN4B.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  19.1 KB
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 4th July 2017 at 19:42.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?