Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen King View Post
    Thus the update on the behalf of one Liberal to another.
    Reluctant liberal supporter

NDP was my choice, but made a strategic vote instead. I think a lot of people had the same idea.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    A conservative loss anywhere is good news. Congrats to the PP Canuckistanis!

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Reluctant liberal supporter

NDP was my choice, but made a strategic vote instead. I think a lot of people had the same idea.
    That is understandable. Normally people would have voted for NDP, but they hate Conservative the most. Anything to keep Conservative out or at bay as long as possible. Right time for Justin Trudeau to cash in.

Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    A conservative loss anywhere is good news. Congrats to the PP Canuckistanis!
    And Khair Mubarak back at you, and thank for the fun fact knowledge.

Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screenshot 2015-10-19 23.05.46.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  38.1 KB

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is real tabdeeli Khan Saab. Red Tsunami #Trudeaumania

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Nostalgic

Found the old Trudeau. Check in the embedded video.

This is what Trudeaumania looked like the first time around.Keep track of all the news on a projected Liberal majority government here www.cbcnews.ca/canadavotes

Posted by CBC News on Monday, October 19, 2015
    Last edited by Fallen King; 20th October 2015 at 08:53.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So many Muslims and South Asians are delighted by this. Has Trudeau really made significant promises? I fear everyone is over expecting to much

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trudeaumania Part I

This is what Trudeaumania looked like the first time around.Keep track of all the news on a projected Liberal majority government here www.cbcnews.ca/canadavotes

Posted by CBC News on Monday, October 19, 2015

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations PM Trudeau.

The Underdogs

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah likely that Trudeau will turn out to be a dud. Harper just focussed on the wrong things in the past few weeks, and people just voted for Trudeau to get rid of Harper.

Immigrants (I am one and voted Liberal at the last minute) think Justin will be some messiah and turn their lives around just because they can roam around in niqabs and bring in more of their folks.

This is the same guy who supported C-51. As an economist, the only thing I care about him is to bring back the mandatory long form census. We badly need the data for government policy formulation.

Maybe the Conservatives should just not let the Liberals function for the next 5 years by keeping them embroiled in useless controversies.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Everyone is delighted in general, not just south Asians. Steven harper was so bad and he needed to be out. Justin seemed good so that just boosted his rating. He is also very likable, his promises aren't too bad. Never scared the public about being attacked by Isis it any thing like that.Not expecting him to become the next god or anything, but I'd give him a go.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Harper will be stepping down !!!!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tabdeeli ah nahi rahi.. Tabdeeli agayi haaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

So happy!!!!!

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Harper taking the stage now.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen King View Post
    Just because you got the raw deal [Modi] that doesn't mean you should wish the same on others. What posses you to say thing like that? Just being curious, not taking dig at you.
    As i already mentioned above because of the discriminatory attitude of brown people when they go to North America, seen them favour their families and their people more than Canadians.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    PM in downtown Montreal!

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Justin Trudeau up on stage. I swear all the unmarried women voted for him.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Is Justin the best looking leader of all countries? He must be

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thivagar View Post
    Is Justin the best looking leader of all countries? He must be
    He certainly is better looking than Stephen Harper

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    As i already mentioned above because of the discriminatory attitude of brown people when they go to North America, seen them favour their families and their people more than Canadians.
    Those are the ones who had just arrived here. They had spent most of their years back home so they can't connect with Canada.These people feel that they are entitled to everything because it is not their home and rules nees ti suit them. But lot of people accept what Canada has done to them offering new home, provided healthcare, education and overall a better lifestyle. We are proud of our basketball team, ice hockey teams, baseball teams and our country. We respect Canada. I can't see myself not support Canada while Canada plays another country in a sport like the British Indians, British Pakistanis when England plays Australia lol. The fobs(fresh of the boats) are probably not even citizens to vote. They have no say. They are only good for racking up benefits. Many Asians actually care about Canada.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    He certainly is better looking than Stephen Harper
    Justin is too good looking considering how his dad looked 😌

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    These girls need to stop sending me snaps of Justin Trudeau's speech .

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quite a speech this.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Justin Tredeau accepts niqab, recognizes, diversity of languages, cultures, religions and practices.

"A Canadian is a Canadian, is a Canadian".

He is a far left winger for sure.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I feel more Canadian more than ever. Spent more most time of my life here than anywhere else and this is a word feeling. No special security for Justin, walks around among crowd like one of us.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Who would've thought eh.. Wow, this could be made in to a Bollywood movie, father and son.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    So happy Harper is gone. I can't believe sheeples still voted for conservatives in Alberta. Seems like they prefer being a second class citizen.
    That is because there isn't a lot of desis/immigrants/foreigners living in the prairies.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Those are the ones who had just arrived here. They had spent most of their years back home so they can't connect with Canada.These people feel that they are entitled to everything because it is not their home and rules nees ti suit them. But lot of people accept what Canada has done to them offering new home, provided healthcare, education and overall a better lifestyle. We are proud of our basketball team, ice hockey teams, baseball teams and our country. We respect Canada. I can't see myself not support Canada while Canada plays another country in a sport like the British Indians, British Pakistanis when England plays Australia lol. The fobs(fresh of the boats) are probably not even citizens to vote. They have no say. They are only good for racking up benefits. Many Asians actually care about Canada.
    Exact same argument my friend gave who is in Canada as well but the bias among brown people in North America is well there because the head of the family is usually biased.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So is this the Canadian Obama moment of change?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericBrand View Post
    That is because there isn't a lot of desis/immigrants/foreigners living in the prairies.
    No that's not really the case. Lots of people, desis and otherwise, are here from Ontario/Quebec. Common perception is that people here don't know much about the bill c51/24. Moreover they don't care to do proper research on why they are voting for Harper. It's wire if mouth that conservatives are good for the Alberta economy. Which I would say is complete **. Just lack of research and reasoning involved. That's all

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I know what you mean, but people from the prairies which are predominately 'ethnic whites' are not worried about being second-class citizens because they don't fit the criteria, hence they don't care about Bill C51 in the first place. Besides the premier of Alberta is an NDP, oddly enough, so its not always about 'Conservatives are good for the economy' notion.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Exact same argument my friend gave who is in Canada as well but the bias among brown people in North America is well there because the head of the family is usually biased.
    You can't generalize like that, id say people who talk bad about Canada and not appreciate what Canada has done to them are probably around 30% and most of them had arrived here within the last few years.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericBrand View Post
    Yes I know what you mean, but people from the prairies which are predominately 'ethnic whites' are not worried about being second-class citizens because they don't fit the criteria, hence they don't care about Bill C51 in the first place. Besides the premier of Alberta is an NDP, oddly enough, so its not always about 'Conservatives are good for the economy' notion.
    Thing is Albertans were tired of Conservative premier, Redford. So they voted for NDP, considering they are not big liberal fans. They wanted change. And now, after Stephen Harper took a jab at NDP during the campaign, they went back to conservatives. Sheeples man, nothing else. As I said they don't know about Bill C51/24. Lots of Irish here. They just don't do their research.

I was poking fun at a friend who is a tory supporter. I told him, we have NDP Premier and a Liberal Federal Govt. This is the most un-conservative Alberta has ever been. lol

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just saw a picture of Justin Trudeau along with Imam of Nugget Masjid and others at an event in Nugget Masjid. Not sure how old this picture is.

Also saw a video of him doing bhangra at a Indian Canada party. Again not sure how old this video is.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Just saw a picture of Justin Trudeau along with Imam of Nugget Masjid and others at an event in Nugget Masjid. Not sure how old this picture is.

Also saw a video of him doing bhangra at a Indian Canada party. Again not sure how old this video is.
    This guy is always around at every major event. I've seen him myself in at least 3 different events within the last 2 years. He's been campaigning for the last 3 years if you honestly ask me. At least he looks genuine unlike Steven Harper lol. Saw the Bhangra dance still lol.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is that even a question? When abroad I will vote for the Liberals, the Democrats and the Labor Parties. At home, I will support the right wingers, because they can save the country from the liberals and the seculars.

Narendra Modi and Imran Khan Zindabad! NOT

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post

This guy is always around at every major event. I've seen him myself in at least 3 different events within the last 2 years. He's been campaigning for the last 3 years if you honestly ask me. At least he looks genuine unlike Steven Harper lol. Saw the Bhangra dance still lol.
    But you see, Bhangra only works when you've consumed copious amounts of Bhang. Seriously, etymologically speaking, the dance derives its name from the herb, because at the shrines the malangs are known to partake in both.

No wonder Trudeau wants to legalize it.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Is that even a question? When abroad I will vote for the Liberals, the Democrats and the Labor Parties. At home, I will support the right wingers, because they can save the country from the liberals and the seculars.
    That is the case with most desis lol

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    What's your opinion on that?Isn't that hypocrisy?

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's your opinion on that?Isn't that hypocrisy?
    That is what I thought of as well. Vote liberal as an immigrant and conservative as a native.

It is not hypocrisy. You vote according to the time and place you are in. Voting is your way to maximize your best interests. As an immigrant, your best interests are in a open, liberal, multicultural society. As a native, your interests are in protecting your status quo and hold on resources and power.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So Canadian ppíers itís almost that time again - another general election.

How do you think things will go in October?

Will Trudeau get another term?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019...deral_election

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    So Canadian pp’ers it’s almost that time again - another general election.

How do you think things will go in October?

Will Trudeau get another term?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019...deral_election
    People are unhappy with Trudeau for raising taxes, small businesses are unhappy over the raising of the Minimum Wage.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Scheer is such a weak PM candidate that he may cost his party in the end.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather take Trudeau over Scheer...ugh choices are bad.

Ontario feeling the after effects of voting Conservative due to being mad at the Liberals and now we have a high school drop out in charge.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Voting for sheer this time. Can’t pay more taxes anymore. Trudeau is a socialist and that’s the only good thing about him. His economic policies suck. No wonder Canada is in a massive deficit. People would balance the budget with extra taxes. Voting for conservative spending of sheer’s party

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not voting for this clown Trudeau again. Sadly there are no strong leaders in this race. Scheer sounds horrible but may vote for him in the end to kick out that clown.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Either Trudeau or Jagmeet Singh.

You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Trudeau.
    what about homeboy jagmeet?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    what about homeboy jagmeet?
    Read my comment again.

You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voting for sheer this time. Can’t pay more taxes anymore. Trudeau is a socialist and that’s the only good thing about him. His economic policies suck. No wonder Canada is in a massive deficit. People would balance the budget with extra taxes. Voting for conservative spending of sheer’s party
    what about from a social PoV, conseratives can't be good for minorities.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read my comment again.
    if it came down between them who would you pick?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if it came down between them who would you pick?
    Jagmeet. There are no reasons to vote for Trudeau unless you're a Syrian refugee or a crack head but he's better than other candidates. Andho mein kana raja.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jagmeet. There are no reasons to vote for Trudeau unless you're a Syrian refugee or a crack head but he's better than other candidates.
    lool but wouldn't you think jagmeet would be splitting the liberal vote and thus strengthening the conservatives?

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have voted Trudeau but I'm out of the country this year. Any minority voter picking Scheer are just shooting themselves in the foot. Once the PCs are in power, they will cut immigration, raise Islamophobia, and run the country like a bunch if white frat boys (thats essentially who they are).

I wish there was a better option but Trudeau it is for now.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what about from a social PoV, conseratives can't be good for minorities.
    This was the main reason why I voted for Trudeau in 2015. I wanted stephen Harper out due to him making a mockery of a non-issue (Niqab Ban).

Conservatives have learned their lesson since the visible minority is now the visible majority (LOL). They need to get away from white fascism that has plagued USA these days, which Sheer did.

I always liked their economic policies more. Reduce spending to reduce taxes, introduce business friendly environment, more jobs. Unfortunately, liberals historical record is pretty bad when it comes to job creation and wealth. The deficit they have of $20B is coming from our pockets in taxes (including the silly carbon tax). Canada has been a net absorber of Carbon emissions, and yet we are paying so much in carbon tax (on top of so many other taxes). This week, i paid my monthly electricity bill that had a carbon tax 300% more than my consumption bill. I honestly have had it enough. If i am to stay in Canada i need a prosperous career and longevity. That can only happen under the conservatives, not liberals or NDP (No Direction Party).

With that being said, i am also admitting that Liberals have done well socially though, no doubt about it. But they were as bad in their economic policies, as good they were socially.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faraz39 View Post
    I would have voted Trudeau but I'm out of the country this year. Any minority voter picking Scheer are just shooting themselves in the foot. Once the PCs are in power, they will cut immigration, raise Islamophobia, and run the country like a bunch if white frat boys (thats essentially who they are).

I wish there was a better option but Trudeau it is for now.
    No govt in the history of Canada has cut immigration. It has been at 300,000, constant, even during the Harper era.

Islamophobia was an issue under the PCs, but no govt in their right mind would dare this, considering majority voter banks are minorities now. The current PCs have gone away from the silly harper policies. Harper was an idiot. Someone like him even mentioned in his book that he can use Conservatives as his personal tool. No wonder he failed to beat Trudeau. I talked about this in my previous post as well.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Seems like Canadian voters face the same problems as elsewhere in the world - on one hand they demand better public services, a more socially conscious government, action on climate change and pollution etc......yet when it comes to paying for all of these things no one wants to pay the extra taxes.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No govt in the history of Canada has cut immigration. It has been at 300,000, constant, even during the Harper era.

Islamophobia was an issue under the PCs, but no govt in their right mind would dare this, considering majority voter banks are minorities now. The current PCs have gone away from the silly harper policies. Harper was an idiot. Someone like him even mentioned in his book that he can use Conservatives as his personal tool. No wonder he failed to beat Trudeau. I talked about this in my previous post as well.
    Harper brought the far right party and conservative together. I met a rural Canadian in my college, he was conservative/backward as people from the subcontinent. It was shocking to see that we were more closer.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Seems like Canadian voters face the same problems as elsewhere in the world - on one hand they demand better public services, a more socially conscious government, action on climate change and pollution etc......yet when it comes to paying for all of these things no one wants to pay the extra taxes.
    Comfort and health isn't free.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know who I won't vote for anymore: Justin Trudeau

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I wonder if any Canadian Govt will reduce the taxes, it is just too much. What is the incentive for people to work hard if at $140,000 plus 50% of their income will be taxed?

Savings in the country is a big problem not because of the cost of living and utilities but primarily because of the taxes. IMO it should be a maximum of 30%.

I know a lot of business owners who are extremely frustrated with the Trudeau govt, they raised the minimum wage in Ontario to $14-15/hr, they raised personal taxes and have now gone after holding companies, dividends and overall guys who used to make a lot of money are now being forced to pay 50% in tax. If i was a small business owner, i personally would not be happy with the Trudeau government.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I wonder if any Canadian Govt will reduce the taxes, it is just too much. What is the incentive for people to work hard if at $140,000 plus 50% of their income will be taxed?

Savings in the country is a big problem not because of the cost of living and utilities but primarily because of the taxes. IMO it should be a maximum of 30%.

I know a lot of business owners who are extremely frustrated with the Trudeau govt, they raised the minimum wage in Ontario to $14-15/hr, they raised personal taxes and have now gone after holding companies, dividends and overall guys who used to make a lot of money are now being forced to pay 50% in tax. If i was a small business owner, i personally would not be happy with the Trudeau government.
    Trudeau didnít raise the minimum wage, Wynne did as it is a provincial matter. Instead of raising it slowly, she made a huge jump from 11 to 14 in a year or so. It was due to go up to $15 this January but then Ford happened. Minimum should be $15, imo.

Everything in Canada is taxed and you are given benefits by income. If you make a lot, you pay a lot. Its a fair system but I agree taxes should be brought down. Canada is a super power in natural resources. Need to build more pipelines and develop more resources.

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone making 140k income will NOT get 50% of their income taxed, or anywhere near that number. The real number is around 26-28%. You might be mixing up marginal tax rate with effective tax rate. Marginal tax rate at 140k might be 50% or close to it, but that is the rate you are paying on any additional income after 140k. The effective tax rate at 140k income will be around 26-28%.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP View Post
    Trudeau didn’t raise the minimum wage, Wynne did as it is a provincial matter. Instead of raising it slowly, she made a huge jump from 11 to 14 in a year or so. It was due to go up to $15 this January but then Ford happened. Minimum should be $15, imo.

Everything in Canada is taxed and you are given benefits by income. If you make a lot, you pay a lot. Its a fair system but I agree taxes should be brought down. Canada is a super power in natural resources. Need to build more pipelines and develop more resources.
    Very well said and I completely agree when it comes to Pipelines. The regulatory process is an overkill. Compare that with US, they have a network of piplines and we can see the economic progress there. Not to mention, lesser taxes.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP View Post
    Trudeau didn’t raise the minimum wage, Wynne did as it is a provincial matter. Instead of raising it slowly, she made a huge jump from 11 to 14 in a year or so. It was due to go up to $15 this January but then Ford happened. Minimum should be $15, imo.

The country collects a lot in taxes via direct and indirect taxation i.e. Personal, Corporate, HST. 50% is too excessive, people should be allowed to save money and meet their other needs. The Canadian govt does not cover each any everything, like Health Care is alleged to be free but is it really if you are paying 40-50% in taxes and on top of that have huge waiting lists, line? Secondly OHIP does not cover things like dental, chiropractic care, therapy, counselling, home health care, for those you still have to pay out of your pocket and Private Health Insurance is hard to get by.

Plus not many salaried people can easily get to $120,000-140,000 plus over their life times, its a lot tougher now. I have met many people making $120,000 plus who complain about finding it tough to buy a house. Your other spouse should ideally have the same amount of income as well now.

The people i have seen in Canada who have really done very well financially and are living comfortably are entreprenuers but how many people have the temprament to be an entreprenuer? I personally wish a Canadian govt comes along and makes easier for the Salaried Individual. I understand this is a welfare country but don't make it all about tax, tax, tax after a while.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    Anyone making 140k income will NOT get 50% of their income taxed, or anywhere near that number. The real number is around 26-28%. You might be mixing up marginal tax rate with effective tax rate. Marginal tax rate at 140k might be 50% or close to it, but that is the rate you are paying on any additional income after 140k. The effective tax rate at 140k income will be around 26-28%.
    The Federal and Provincial adds up to 40% plus, you are on the hook for Property Taxes as well. If you add up all the tax liability in comparison to your income for the year, it is approximately 50%. My dad and uncle all complain about this and grudge that this is what the Liberal Trudeau govt has done to them. I imagine a lot of other Salaried folks to be in the same boat.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    I know who I won't vote for anymore: Justin Trudeau
    Just out of curiosity what's the problem with Justin Trudeau?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    All of the above!!

Just read through the posts above.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    The guy means good, but the way he goes about his policy, makes donald trump look like a pro.

Let me give you an example. He placed the carbon tax in place to save the planet. Where do you think in home Canadian companies are heading over too? China! Canada is part of this planet, air is going to carry the pollution around the whole world. It's a good cause, feutile attempt where common tax payers are paying from their pocket. We don't have a mass electric car support around the world/too expensive to buy electric cars. Gas price in ontario jumped from 70-90cent to 1.30-1.50 within the last 2 month. Quebec, less said the better. I 100% support save the planet movement, but not the way he is doing it. WTV good he thinks he achieved will be overturned comes next election because it's not working. There are many other examples such as this, where he thinks he did good, but in practice it's going horribly wrong. Immigration issue comes to mind.

All in all, he likes to please people with his words, not with his work. It sucks cause I usually vote Liberal but am not a student anymore after this year, can't vote for an irresponsible Prime minister like him.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    The guy means good, but the way he goes about his policy, makes donald trump look like a pro.

Let me give you an example. He placed the carbon tax in place to save the planet. Where do you think in home Canadian companies are heading over too? China! Canada is part of this planet, air is going to carry the pollution around the whole world. It's a good cause, feutile attempt where common tax payers are paying from their pocket. We don't have a mass electric car support around the world/too expensive to buy electric cars. Gas price in ontario jumped from 70-90cent to 1.30-1.50 within the last 2 month. Quebec, less said the better. I 100% support save the planet movement, but not the way he is doing it. WTV good he thinks he achieved will be overturned comes next election because it's not working. There are many other examples such as this, where he thinks he did good, but in practice it's going horribly wrong. Immigration issue comes to mind.

All in all, he likes to please people with his words, not with his work. It sucks cause I usually vote Liberal but am not a student anymore after this year, can't vote for an irresponsible Prime minister like him.
    Fair comments, thank you!

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Federal and Provincial adds up to 40% plus, you are on the hook for Property Taxes as well. If you add up all the tax liability in comparison to your income for the year, it is approximately 50%. My dad and uncle all complain about this and grudge that this is what the Liberal Trudeau govt has done to them. I imagine a lot of other Salaried folks to be in the same boat.
    It is actually not 40% plus, it is slightly less than 30%. Property taxes are a different beast. Compared to what I have seen elsewhere (e.g. most of the US), they are fairly low at around $300-400 a month. Outside of the middle east, Canada actually has fairly low taxes. You might find a few states in the US that do better in terms of income tax and property tax. Florida doesn't have a state tax and the property taxes are very low. California OTOH has higher income tax and higher property taxes.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who are Canadian citizens here? With so
    Much immigration last 4 years is there any chance of Trudeau returning?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The conservatives have always been racist (e.g.the previous prime minister Harper, Ontario's premier Doug Ford and Alberta's premier Jason Kenney).

The main reason that people from the sub-continent are in Canada is because of Justin Trudeau's father, Pierre Trudeau. He welcomed brown immigrants as a liberal leader unlike previous conservative governments who favoured immigration from white European countries. Pierre Trudeau accepted thousands of Ismaili/Asian refugees from Uganda after Idi Amin kicked them out in 1972. This is very similar to the Syrian refugees that Justin Trudeau accepted recently.

So if you appreciate being in Canada, you can thank Justin Trudeau and Pierre Trudeau by voting liberal.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Ford has hurt the Conservatives chances in Ontario. Second-worst approval ratings among all premiers.

Schreer is already a below-par candidate and Ford has made things worse. It'll be interesting to see what happens as election season ramps up.

Ford has created new pressure points that will surely be pressed and highlighted by the Liberals.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing the right wing debacle of Ford's government in Ontario, I hope Canadians see what the Scheer government will be about in addition to being racist and xenophobic (a given for the Conservatives).

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Interesting point of view and something we see all over the world.

Left wing government makes it easier for immigrants to move to a particular country yet as soon as said immigrant becomes wealthy enough they switch their allegiances to the party offering the most tax cuts even if that party is anti immigrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shah View Post
    The conservatives have always been racist (e.g.the previous prime minister Harper, Ontario's premier Doug Ford and Alberta's premier Jason Kenney).

The main reason that people from the sub-continent are in Canada is because of Justin Trudeau's father, Pierre Trudeau. He welcomed brown immigrants as a liberal leader unlike previous conservative governments who favoured immigration from white European countries. Pierre Trudeau accepted thousands of Ismaili/Asian refugees from Uganda after Idi Amin kicked them out in 1972. This is very similar to the Syrian refugees that Justin Trudeau accepted recently.

So if you appreciate being in Canada, you can thank Justin Trudeau and Pierre Trudeau by voting liberal.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faraz39 View Post
    After seeing the right wing debacle of Ford's government in Ontario, I hope Canadians see what the Scheer government will be about in addition to being racist and xenophobic (a given for the Conservatives).
    Why is it patriotism when its India and Pakistan but "Racism" when its the west?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be voting this year. Trudeau was good but this guy is too much of a liberal. He messed up with Syrian refugees big time. Most of the refugees don't get the treatment as the one syrian refugees did. They didn't need to stay at hotels like bro. Come on.

Most immigrants are conservatives, in the past immigrants voted for liberal cause they are the one that gave us life....supposedly. But Liberal is now much more to the left that even immigrants aren't liking it. Conservatives are becoming popular once again, their view is similar to those of immigrants anyway lol. Also the new gen conservatives aren't bigots or racists. The big bad wolfe is no longer muslims. It is now Indians. Brampton is 80% Indians, the driving quality is absolutely nuts and when you need some fraud work done ? You go to an Indian guy. Indians participate in mortgage frauds, income tax frauds and etc. It is not like other culture participate but Indians get targeted. Mocking Indians or Brampton is the new trend. Everyone joins together to hate on Brampton. We are the jokers, we are laughing stock. It also doesn't help when broke Indian students hit on random girls with their Dodge Challengers and Benz with blasting Punjabi music that they can't afford. Russell Peters joke may have been funny, but it has done more damage than anything.

Can't wait for GT20 to take place in Brampton lol. Wonder what others have to say about that.