Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Nopes his point doesnt stand.NFL is paid that much money by 3 networks combined for a 9 year period played over 6 months for a brand thats 100 years old.

BPL was only slightly less than PSL,and remember BPL rights were sold in 2012.
    are you actually trying to make an argument that NFL and IPL's broadcast deals are on the same planet? (Btw if 3 networks are paying all fortunes each that is even more impressive if anything so i dont know how that is an argument being used by you.)

btw if IPL goes from 6 weeks to 6 month, there wont be a linear increase in the tv rights money. The increase will significantly reduce the longer the tournament. Basic business principles. Common sense really.

#MPGA

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    are you actually trying to make an argument that NFL and IPL's broadcast deals are on the same planet? (Btw if 3 networks are paying all fortunes each that is even more impressive if anything so i dont know how that is an argument being used by you.)

btw if IPL goes from 6 weeks to 6 month, there wont be a linear increase in the tv rights money. The increase will significantly reduce the longer the tournament. Basic business principles. Common sense really.
    You believe that if IPL is a season long league like other sporting leagues it wont get a linear increase in revenues.OK.

aaj mujh ko bahut burā kah kar
    aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You believe that if IPL is a season long league like other sporting leagues it wont get a linear increase in revenues.OK.
    it wont. that much is supported by common sense and precedence. Get realistic. It will show an increase but def wont be linear

edit: correct term would be proportional in regards to my point. wont be a proportional increase

#MPGA

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a poor deal by any standards. You can't justify 5 million a year for one of the largest cricket nations in the world. Idc if it's played in UAE or Pakistan or the moon, this deal should and could have easily been negotiated for atleast double this amount, and even then it would be undervalued. PSL needs to churn out some big performances and alot of followers in its first 3 year run. This needs to be renegotiated in 3 years and at that time for more than 15 million a year will hopefully be not difficult.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post

That's not true .If IPL becomes a year long tournament like EPL there will definitely be massive increase in TV deal.

For starters all matches will be on weekends increasing the viewership figures.That's just common sense lol

To suggest the revenue will reduce doesn't have no logic in it seriously.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PSL should have been valued around 15mn USD per year minimum as Pakistans population is 1/5 of India.And slightly lower Per capita.There can be only 2 reasons for such a poor valuation.Either PCB didnt sell the rights correctly and did some you know what subcontinental thing or the broadcasters dont think Pakistan as a market has much value in cricket terms.[/QUOTE]

ISL, ITPL? LMAO. I have seen you make a fool out of yourself many times but this takes the cherry. Are you seriously comparing Ind to USA? *****!

NFL, NHL and NBA overlaps each other. NFL has a tv rights deal of more than 3 billion a year, NBA has around $2.5 Billion a year and NHL has around $100 Million a year. Then there is MLB which has around 2.5 billion a year in tv rights and MSL of $90 Million per year.

According to cricinfo IPL's tv rights is 165 Million not 190 Million btw.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    PSL should have been valued around 15mn USD per year minimum as Pakistans population is 1/5 of India.And slightly lower Per capita.There can be only 2 reasons for such a poor valuation.Either PCB didnt sell the rights correctly and did some you know what subcontinental thing or the broadcasters dont think Pakistan as a market has much value in cricket terms.
    ISL, ITPL? LMAO. I have seen you make a fool out of yourself many times but this takes the cherry. Are you seriously comparing Ind to USA? *****!

NFL, NHL and NBA overlaps each other. NFL has a tv rights deal of more than 3 billion a year, NBA has around $2.5 Billion a year and NHL has around $100 Million a year. Then there is MLB which has around 2.5 billion a year in tv rights and MSL of $90 Million per year.

According to cricinfo IPL's tv rights is 165 Million not 190 Million btw.[/QUOTE]
    I dont think pcb had much choice, they had to take what they could get. The league has to prove itself to be a success first and foremost, only we prove it is a success only then will the pcb have better bargaining power in the future.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFighter View Post

I dont think pcb had much choice, they had to take what they could get. The league has to prove itself to be a success first and foremost, only we prove it is a success only then will the pcb have better bargaining power in the future.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's how things roll. PCB had it's hands tied and was in no power to negotiate so they accepted whatever they got right now instead of scrapping the tourney. Till 2011/12 Fox tv in Australia was 11 Million per for tv rights that included, Big Bash, One day tournament and shield cricket's final. After initial success of BBL, CA renegotiated and now they are getting $20 Million for BBL alone. But he wouldn't understand. Not sure why these idiots come to this website in the first place.
    Last edited by #GreenRoars; 8th December 2015 at 08:55.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    Yeah that's how things roll. PCB had it's hands tied and was in no power to negotiate so they accepted whatever they got right now instead of scrapping the tourney. Till 2011/12 Fox tv in Australia was 11 Million per for tv rights that included, Big Bash, One day tournament and shield cricket's final. After initial success of BBL, CA renegotiated and now they are getting $20 Million for BBL alone. But this dumb hater wouldn't understand. Not sure why these idiots come to this website in the first place.[/QUOTE]

The PCB should also in the long term aim to get Ten Sports involved in telecasting Domestic Cricket in Pakistan. I remember in 2004-05, Ten Sports telecast the first ABN-Amro T-20 cup and it was a success, the broad casting, commentary was top drawer, the final had a record attendance for any final and it was a very exhilerating, high pressure environment.

Unfortunately during the 2005-06 ABN Amro T-20 Cup, there was a bomb blast in Karachi and the Ten Sports crew withdrew from Pakistan during the middle of the tournament and ever since our domestic tournaments have always been covered by Geo Super and PTV Sports with their pathetic commentary, pathetic camera work and equipment.

Must get Ten Sports involved again.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    PSL should have been valued around 15mn USD per year minimum as Pakistans population is 1/5 of India.And slightly lower Per capita.There can be only 2 reasons for such a poor valuation.Either PCB didnt sell the rights correctly and did some you know what subcontinental thing or the broadcasters dont think Pakistan as a market has much value in cricket terms.

According to cricinfo IPL's tv rights is 165 Million not 190 Million btw.[/QUOTE]

What has US got to do here?You asked if there is any competition for IPL in India and i mentioned about the other leagues in India.IPL on pro rata basis compares well with other professional leagues like LaLiga or EPL(The current deal).

You can keep trying to defend this poor broadcast deal of PSL but this proves that either PCB has undervalued PSL or PSL doesnt have much value over and above BPL and bothe reflect extremely poorly on Pakistan cricket.

aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What has US got to do here?You asked if there is any competition for IPL in India and i mentioned about the other leagues in India.IPL on pro rata basis compares well with other professional leagues like LaLiga or EPL(The current deal).

You can keep trying to defend this poor broadcast deal of PSL but this proves that either PCB has undervalued PSL or PSL doesnt have much value over and above BPL and bothe reflect extremely poorly on Pakistan cricket.[/QUOTE]

You're the one comparing India and USA? Lol anyone can see that. I don't have to defend anything with you. I don't really care what you think no does any other Pakistani care about your thoughts. You're irrelevant. Don't think anyone takes you more than a troll here.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isnt Jang group PaKistans biggest media group?

Why isnt ARY interested in cricket telecast?

Pakistan may be the only major cricket country where no local channels are interested in its most popular sport and rights are won by a Indian owned channel.This is really strange.
    I'd call it lack of vision. They are probably content with what they are getting from news and entertainment channels. Jang is biggest media group but it hardly puts money on its sports channel, its just there for formality these days.

ARY arranged one series quite a while back, but they probably mismanaged a lot of things. I remember once the mike was not working in the presentation ceremony, and the presenter said "ab is ko kiya hogaya"

Its quite clear the biggest media groups do not see the potential proper cricket coverage can bring. I hope someone does invest soon enough

Make love, not CO2 #ParisNegotiations

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, we all agree that it's a poor deal by PCB. But again, when big boys Geo and ARY will not be interested then this will happen. I seriously hope we get a good local sports channel.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Local big boys don't have the money, resources and experience of proper cricket coverage.

Needs a foreign investor, but nobody will come unless cricket comes back to Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyObnoxious View Post
    I think, we all agree that it's a poor deal by PCB. But again, when big boys Geo and ARY will not be interested then this will happen. I seriously hope we get a good local sports channel.
    I dont wan't Geo and Ary involved, i wan't quality broad casting.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB has outsourced the production to Sunset+Vine and even with Art and Geo interested, the rights would have probably gone to Ten anyway. Just that PCB would have earned more money.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Local big boys don't have the money, resources and experience of proper cricket coverage.

Needs a foreign investor, but nobody will come unless cricket comes back to Pakistan.
    Jang and ARY are not small groups.Pakistan cricket will never become big if big Pakistani corporates dont invest in Pakistan cricket.Its shocking that while every network around the world is investing in sports to earn billions Pakistani channels refuse to do it.

I wonder who telecasts international sporting events in Pakistan?

aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Production is by PCB.The channels will only broadcast it.

aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jang and ARY are not small groups.Pakistan cricket will never become big if big Pakistani corporates dont invest in Pakistan cricket.Its shocking that while every network around the world is investing in sports to earn billions Pakistani channels refuse to do it.

I wonder who telecasts international sporting events in Pakistan?
    There won't be any interest until cricket comes home. It's too risky.

International events are broadcasted by PTV sports.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    There won't be any interest until cricket comes home. It's too risky.

International events are broadcasted by PTV sports.
    One channel telecasts everything?From premier league to olympics to baseball and NFL.

See the telecast rights have nothing to do with where Pakistan plays.Be it Pakistan or UAE.Thats cricket on TV.

aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One channel telecasts everything?From premier league to olympics to baseball and NFL.

See the telecast rights have nothing to do with where Pakistan plays.Be it Pakistan or UAE.Thats cricket on TV.
    Yeah. Though NFL and baseball are not telecasted in Pakistan.
    Also, as for the television rights have nothing to do with where Pakistan plays, I think that's not as simple. As local channels don't have the logistical capacity to cover cricket in the UAE.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Though NFL and baseball are not telecasted in Pakistan.
    Also, as for the television rights have nothing to do with where Pakistan plays, I think that's not as simple. As local channels don't have the logistical capacity to cover cricket in the UAE.
    PSL production will be by PCB.The local channels just have to broadcast it.

It looks more like a case of cartelisation between these networks to keep telecast rates lower.

aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL production will be by PCB.The local channels just have to broadcast it.

It looks more like a case of cartelisation between these networks to keep telecast rates lower.
    Yeah. And I think, there was a Senate hearing as well as to why Ptv doesn't bid sepratley and the MD was called upon.
    I can understand why GEO might not be willing considering Najam Sethi is on their payroll and there will be a lot of shouts of nepotism as was the case when Geo won the SL series right.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Yeah. And I think, there was a Senate hearing as well as to why Ptv doesn't bid sepratley and the MD was called upon.
    I can understand why GEO might not be willing considering Najam Sethi is on their payroll and there will be a lot of shouts of nepotism as was the case when Geo won the SL series right.
    PTV Sports and Ten Sports are playing this game from last few years one of them buy the primary rights from PCB on a good price without much competition and the other one buys the secondary rights from the one who purchased it from PCB so it's a win win situation for them.

Geo Super just don't have enough money in hand to go for it they are not able to buy rights for even other global sports events. Last time Geo Super purchased the rights for Pak-SL series they were not able to pay PCB on time. (and that was during Sethi time as chairman)

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic – it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur A.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i think one of the reason the amount is low is because at that time no one really knew that it will take off due to low interests from franchise bidding

but one the first few season are held it will build its own market and pcb can always sell for more in later years.

it will make a lot of money for pcb once the brand value is built
    we just need patience

لاا اله الا الله استغفر الله سبحان الله وبحمده سبحان الله العظييم

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike Rate View Post
    PTV Sports and Ten Sports are playing this game from last few years one of them buy the primary rights from PCB on a good price without much competition and the other one buys the secondary rights from the one who purchased it from PCB so it's a win win situation for them.

Geo Super just don't have enough money in hand to go for it they are not able to buy rights for even other global sports events. Last time Geo Super purchased the rights for Pak-SL series they were not able to pay PCB on time. (and that was during Sethi time as chairman)
    I think competation commission of Pakistan must look into this Ten Sports/Ptv alliance cause they seem to getting every cricket right.
    As for Geo, I think the fact that during the 2011 WC ptv continued to telecast the matches despite Geo being the right holder and courts and pemra not stopping them from doing so made geo realized that they should either get into an alliance of sorts with PTV or stop acquiring rights all together. Which is what happened. Because Geo is not even getting domestic rights these days. Anyways, their shows like Thanda Garam and Bolain Kia Bat Hai gets them more trips and earn decent money so

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any news on tv rights for uk?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pak Warrior View Post
    This is a poor deal by any standards. You can't justify 5 million a year for one of the largest cricket nations in the world. Idc if it's played in UAE or Pakistan or the moon, this deal should and could have easily been negotiated for atleast double this amount, and even then it would be undervalued. PSL needs to churn out some big performances and alot of followers in its first 3 year run. This needs to be renegotiated in 3 years and at that time for more than 15 million a year will hopefully be not difficult.
    IPL was a novel concept at that time and considering India's might in cricket finance, they were able to secure a huge long time deal. PSL however is the last one to the party and there is already T20 fatigue across the fans. Its not played in Pakistan and also doesn't include the major money pullers like the Indians, AB, Mccullum, Starc etc.

Also, I'd like to know how much the PCBs expenses are in hosting the tournament. I wonder if PCB was banking on the Ind Vs Pak series to finance the PSL. Next big think to worry about is if the franchises are paying the players on time. That's been a concern in almost all the leagues.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You are right but you should consider the total viewership for the American sports. Don't just count the American population. NFL, NBA and MLB have followers worldwide and have their viewership in hundreds of millions. Whereas IPL has a viewership of close to 50 to 100 million at any given point. Add to that the merchandise rights, longevity of the season,the American sports are very lucrative. IPL is on its way thought for just 6 months in a year. IPL's top players make 2 million USD for 6 weeks and when prorated is equivalent to what the stars in other sports make.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    IPL was a novel concept at that time and considering India's might in cricket finance, they were able to secure a huge long time deal. PSL however is the last one to the party and there is already T20 fatigue across the fans. Its not played in Pakistan and also doesn't include the major money pullers like the Indians, AB, Mccullum, Starc etc.

Also, I'd like to know how much the PCBs expenses are in hosting the tournament. I wonder if PCB was banking on the Ind Vs Pak series to finance the PSL. Next big think to worry about is if the franchises are paying the players on time. That's been a concern in almost all the leagues.
    I understand bro, and I would also be interested in making known what is the costs associated with running PSL. However I disagree that we don't have crowd pullers, we have some big names from International countries and more will sign up when they see how everything goes. We have exciting players from Pakistan that can pull crowds by themselves. There was talk that maybe India will send it's players for PSL but I don't believe a word of that, I really don't care if they sign up for it or not. We don't need them, we will be fine without their shooperstars

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson
    Proud Green Blooded Pakistani

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Translation please!!!

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Someone has challenged the process under which the media rights were auctioned for PSL in the Lahore high court.

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    multan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Cricketer View Post
    Someone has challenged the process under which the media rights were auctioned for PSL in the Lahore high court.
    geo super behind this drama

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance of PSL getting televised in UK ?

Team Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhraja View Post
    Well not sure if they broadcast it in the UK, but ARY News will more than likely have breaking news flashing on the screen for every wicket and every four or six by the Karachi SuperKings team... and possibly expert views offered by everyone from Wasim Badami to Umar Sharif

"Lack of Form is Temporary, Lack of Class is Permanent" -- dedicated to The Honorable Professor.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Casablanca
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Some bunch of jealous idiots want to spoil the party..... Huh..

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhraja View Post
    iam sure it will be televised in EU, most probably on ZEE as they are partners of TEN

Love for all hatred for none.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    http://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/31432...ghts-auction-c

LAHORE (Dunya News) – Lahore High Court (LHC) adjourned the case regarding Pakistan Super League’s (PSL) media rights auction on Wednesday, reported Dunya News.

According to the details, applicant Shehzad Mazhar has filed the petition against Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for not completing the process of media rights’ auction of PSL and selling the rights to Pakistan Television (PTV) and Ten Sports. The petition argued that PCB gave the advertisement for the auction of media rights of the league but illegally sold the rights to the favored media outlets so court should declared the deal annulled. The court adjourned the hearing till 4th of January and asked the petitioner to provide more arguments in order to prove the petition worth pursuing by the court.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope its on sky sports or a fta british channel.

Plz no ary or zee or geo

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rumors that Sunset + Vine won't be traveling to Lahore and that PTV Sports will be broadcasting coverage. What a joke. At least without foreign players, it was going to look like a cleaner version and better produced version of the FBT20.

Now, it won't even look good!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie View Post
    Rumors that Sunset + Vine won't be traveling to Lahore and that PTV Sports will be broadcasting coverage. What a joke. At least without foreign players, it was going to look like a cleaner version and better produced version of the FBT20.

most of their staff are Indian.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB need to find some HD cameras and speed guns ASAP.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Venue
    philadelphia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie View Post

That won't be a bad thing at all. PCB should cut off ties and do another deal worth the league's value. Vine got it way too cheap the first time around. And what was Vine thinking? We are going to be sitting in UAE all our lives so hire people who can't even get visas in general to Pak, regardless of security situation?

Imran Khan - Real king khan to lead Pakistan to glory

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khanz141 View Post
    That won't be a bad thing at all. PCB should cut off ties and do another deal worth the league's value. Vine got it way too cheap the first time around. And what was Vine thinking? We are going to be sitting in UAE all our lives so hire people who can't even get visas in general to Pak, regardless of security situation?
    If anything the leverage Vine has will increase once they see what alternative the PCB has in Pakistan!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khanz141 View Post
    SunsetVine is the production company not the broadcaster.PCB pays them to produce the signal and then PCB broadcasts those signals to whoever are rights holders,so dont know what are you saying about SunsetVine getting the deal for cheap.

Do you think SunsetVine hires people only for one particular 2-3 week event like PSL?PCB should have made it clear to them that they shouldnot put any Indians on the job of production at PSL.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    multan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not in Lahore psl is finding another for final may be ptv or ten sports 😂😂😂😂

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    multan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was better in UAE

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Innovative Production Group will be replacing Sunset+Vine as the producers.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanishJamil View Post
    Who are they? Sister org of ten sports?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanishJamil View Post
    They look fine, not as good as Sunset+Vine, but not as horrible as PTV folks. They're more of flatish designers than 3Dish. But this made me think another question. Will they be re-branding the final or they'll continue the same branding used by Sunset+Vine? It may be hard for them to re-brand within couple of days.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isnt Jang group PaKistans biggest media group?

Why isnt ARY interested in cricket telecast?

Pakistan may be the only major cricket country where no local channels are interested in its most popular sport and rights are won by a Indian owned channel.This is really strange.
    Its not HD, no one has HD quality broadcast in Pakistan for cricket

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will there be any impact on PSL Final broadcasting due to the change in production company?

Will the final still be telecast on the same tv channels and cricketgateway in light of the change in production company?

Sunset Vine have pulled out and are being replaced by a Dubai based company. So will that have any impact on the tv channels on which the match will be telecast?

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we will still be able to watch it. There seems to be some uncertainty about the start time. On cricinfo there is an article that says it will start at 8 p.m. Local time but a different time is shown on Fixtures.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricketgateway website is also showing 8 p.m. That will be 11 a.m. here in Toronto.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't have any serious impact.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst thing that can happen if there is no telecast and millions are unable to watch. What an embarrassment that would be for the PCB!!!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
    Cricketgateway website is also showing 8 p.m. That will be 11 a.m. here in Toronto.
    Wrong. That's 10 AM in Toronto.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Toronto-Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea hopefully cricketgateway still works flawlessly, have not had trouble so far and quality was excellent. Would be a shame if the final was messed up

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    The worst thing that can happen if there is no telecast and millions are unable to watch. What an embarrassment that would be for the PCB!!!
    It's not their fault that the company pulled out last second. Even if they said at the start of the tournament it would've been easier. It's really irresponsible from them, it was settled that the final would be in Lahore so long ago

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is coming in UK for sure starting at 15:00 GMT. Prime TV have been advertising it.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SameerK View Post
    It is coming in UK for sure starting at 15:00 GMT. Prime TV have been advertising it.
    Good news. Are u 100% sure?

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistani Pace View Post
    Good news. Are u 100% sure?
    Yes I just checked once more on Sky TV guide and it shows it starting at 15:00 GMT. Then the Prime TV channel show is showing adverts for the final and then on their current transmission of news it says "join us for the grand final of PSL in Lahore".

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Wrong. That's 10 AM in Toronto.
    You are right. However, there still seems to be confusion about the start time.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dawn also has 8 p.m. start for the match. That should be 15:00 GMT and 8 p.m. in Toronto (Eastern Standard Time). Also indicate that there will be closing ceremonies starting from 6 p.m. Pray that all goes well InshaAllah.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This contract has finished. No news on who will replace them. Any news?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Believe their are some adverts on the PCB page inviting broadcasters and production teams
    Believe the deadlines are near the end of November

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    They were horrible in Pakistan btw.