Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamax View Post
    Anyone experienced with fitness can tell me few ways to trim my belly down? No 6-packs or stuff, just a flatter belly? Without putting much strain on body as I already muscle fatigued myself couple of years back after attempting to gym-cycle it out (or probably something with spine as it still there even after years).
    I would really advice weights. People think you should just do cardio for weight loss but if you do weights as well as cardio you will lose weight a lot quicker as well as getting less bored. Eat healthy. No fried food such as samosas, no chocolates etc and you will see a difference . HIIT is the best cardio

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I would really advice weights. People think you should just do cardio for weight loss but if you do weights as well as cardio you will lose weight a lot quicker as well as getting less bored. Eat healthy. No fried food such as samosas, no chocolates etc and you will see a difference . HIIT is the best cardio
    I eat three meals that are high in protein. Cannot eat five or six meals as is usually recommended for building mass.

If i start with light weights, will it help in losing fat on the current diet that i eat? I have no intention of having sculpt body, just looking to trim body fat and retain some muscle

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TQ89 View Post
    I eat three meals that are high in protein. Cannot eat five or six meals as is usually recommended for building mass.

If i start with light weights, will it help in losing fat on the current diet that i eat? I have no intention of having sculpt body, just looking to trim body fat and retain some muscle
    Sorry Bro, I am confused as to what you are asking me. Are you trying to lose or gain weight?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Bro, I am confused as to what you are asking me. Are you trying to lose or gain weight?
    lose weight

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lose weight
    Keep a food diary of what you eat every day
    Have a calorific deficit but get most of your calories from protein and fat.... yes fat!
    Train whatever takes your fancy. HIIT cardio if you going to do cardio only.

I prefer doing it with weights, look up German body composition otherwise known as lactic acid training. It's very hard but effective for a 4 week cycle. I have used it many times to strip layers of fat quickly whilst retaining strength.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't need to use light weights. If you're eating in a calorific deficit you will lose weight; I can promise you won't get bulky.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone experienced with fitness can tell me few ways to trim my belly down? No 6-packs or stuff, just a flatter belly? Without putting much strain on body as I already muscle fatigued myself couple of years back after attempting to gym-cycle it out (or probably something with spine as it still there even after years).
    If you are able to count calories then use the steps below (i would advise you to keep meals consistent everyday so its easier to track):

1. Count your calories everyday (use an app called myfitnesspal)
    2. Weigh yourself once a week on the same day/time without clothes on.
    3. In your second week if you have gained weight then reduce calories. If you have lost weight keep the calories the same. If you remain at the same weight then reduce calories. (the amount you reduce depends on how much weight you have gained or lost since the previous week)
    4. Rinse and repeat every week.

If you are too lazy to count calories use below steps (i would advise you to keep meals consistent everyday so its easier to track):

1. Weigh yourself once a week on the same day/time without clothes on.
    2. In your second week if you have gained weight then reduce carbs (bread/pasta/rice) from one meal in the day for the coming week . If you have lost weight keep the carbs the same. If you remain at the same weight then reduce carbs.
    3. Rinse and repeat every week.

Eventually you will come to a point where there are almost no carbs left in your meals but hopefully by this point you have your flat belly. Then you can slowly begin to introduce carbs back in but making sure your weight doesn't drastically increase each week.

*Please note that healthy range for weight loss would be about 1-2lbs per week.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Even stuff like Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbages? Take beef for example, ask for lean cuts of meat, anything ends with 'loin' is a good choice... like sirloin. How long were you cycling and at what pace. Sounds like you over did it compared to the level of your conditioning. In training, sometimes less is more.

Nutrition is also important part the training. Ignore that and you will basically end up making yourself weaker if you exerting yourself too much too often. Rather than building muscle, your body will break it down to refuel itself.
    Its hard to find broccoli here, Cabbages are okay for me, I eat them occasionally.

For cycling, I started with 10 minutes and moved it to 30 and occasional 40-50 minutes. I did it as fast as I can not right away but gradually. Also used to have little bursts of intense speed for 2-3 minutes during those. Was covering around 10-20 miles. Speed was kept around 25-60 miles. Kept like this for 2 months. Only felt like fainting for once.

I can understand the weakening part, but its been 2 years. I still cant sleep due to muscles acting strange.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by humzy View Post
    If you are able to count calories then use the steps below (i would advise you to keep meals consistent everyday so its easier to track):

1. Count your calories everyday (use an app called myfitnesspal)
    2. Weigh yourself once a week on the same day/time without clothes on.
    3. In your second week if you have gained weight then reduce calories. If you have lost weight keep the calories the same. If you remain at the same weight then reduce calories. (the amount you reduce depends on how much weight you have gained or lost since the previous week)
    4. Rinse and repeat every week.

If you are too lazy to count calories use below steps (i would advise you to keep meals consistent everyday so its easier to track):

1. Weigh yourself once a week on the same day/time without clothes on.
    2. In your second week if you have gained weight then reduce carbs (bread/pasta/rice) from one meal in the day for the coming week . If you have lost weight keep the carbs the same. If you remain at the same weight then reduce carbs.
    3. Rinse and repeat every week.

Eventually you will come to a point where there are almost no carbs left in your meals but hopefully by this point you have your flat belly. Then you can slowly begin to introduce carbs back in but making sure your weight doesn't drastically increase each week.

*Please note that healthy range for weight loss would be about 1-2lbs per week.
    Impossible to count those. I estimated last time. Problem is how to reduce weight without being weak (belly mainly, weight is slightly over for my height). I had way 1-2kg loss per week when it turned me weak.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impossible to count those. I estimated last time. Problem is how to reduce weight without being weak (belly mainly, weight is slightly over for my height). I had way 1-2kg loss per week when it turned me weak.
    To not feel weak, make sure you get your good carbs in and drink a lot of water so your body is not dehydrated. You should eat so that your main source of food is a protein with good carbs as your sides.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At a certain point you have to accept feeling weak while trying to reduce your body fat it’s just a part of the game

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lc(100% - 2px);">

Be brave and be fearless, and for God's sake, stand up for yourself.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Modern age Arnold.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    lc(100% - 2px);">
    Dude is starting to ruin his physique imo.

2 or 3 years ago he looked much better.

insulin abuse you can tell by how puffy his arms are.

I guess its a must tho If he wants to compete on stage,

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dude is starting to ruin his physique imo.

2 or 3 years ago he looked much better.

insulin abuse you can tell by how puffy his arms are.

I guess its a must tho If he wants to compete on stage,
    Yeah, he's a professional. You're usually left with not many choices.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Damn look at those veins popping... Stay away from steroids kids

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Damn look at those veins popping... Stay away from steroids kids
    He's got the vascularity of a god. Obviously his physique isn't feasible for everyday people but if you're a professional looking to compete than I don't see anything wrong really. Try naming one bodybuilder who hasn't taken steroids.

I'm not defending steroids. They obviously have huge side effects but the stigma around them annoys me.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the way, he reminds me of AB de Villiers. Very similar faces.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I'm not defending steroids. They obviously have huge side effects but the stigma around them annoys me.
    If they have huge side effects, why wouldn't there be a stigma about them? If anything, there isn't enough of a stigma, because more and more people are on gear these days than ever before.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    If they have huge side effects, why wouldn't there be a stigma about them? If anything, there isn't enough of a stigma, because more and more people are on gear these days than ever before.
    I'm fine with people taking them if they plan on competing. This problem goes very deep and if you want to stop people from taking steroids, you have to identify the biggest problem. You cannot single out people. Everyone who's using steroids shouldn't be allowed to compete otherwise they have access to unfair advantage over others.

I mentioned stigma because you're allowed to legally drink once you reach a certain age. If someone is drinking, they're just harming themselves. It's the same thing in this case. It's no one else's business.

Obviously, moderation is the key here. I have no words for douchebags who take steroids just to impress their friends. They're not worth discussing in the first place.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I'm fine with people taking them if they plan on competing. This problem goes very deep and if you want to stop people from taking steroids, you have to identify the biggest problem. You cannot single out people. Everyone who's using steroids shouldn't be allowed to compete otherwise they have access to unfair advantage over others.

I mentioned stigma because you're allowed to legally drink once you reach a certain age. If someone is drinking, they're just harming themselves. It's the same thing in this case. It's no one else's business.

Obviously, moderation is the key here. I have no words for douchebags who take steroids just to impress their friends. They're not worth discussing in the first place.
    While I agree that they'll have to ban it outright in competition so that no one has an unfair advantage, I'm curious why people would go into the "sport" of bodybuilding knowing full well the toll it would take on their health, because to be competitive they will need to be on gear. Why bother, and what's the point?

Besides, it's not like bodybuilders are particularly aesthetic these days. They look ridiculous.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While I agree that they'll have to ban it outright in competition so that no one has an unfair advantage, I'm curious why people would go into the "sport" of bodybuilding knowing full well the toll it would take on their health, because to be competitive they will need to be on gear. Why bother, and what's the point?

Besides, it's not like bodybuilders are particularly aesthetic these days. They look ridiculous.
    I'm not that serious myself about this. I just enjoy living a healthy lifestyle whereas the people around me think I'm obsessed because I'm strictly professional when it comes to dieting + working out.

For others, I'm not sure. Think they don't do very well in school which closes other opportunities for them.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lc(100% - 2px);">

I have a better body than him. Dont ask me to post a pic though. I dont like to show off and make posters feel insecure.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I have a better body than him. Dont ask me to post a pic though. I dont like to show off and make posters feel insecure.
    Sure, man.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lc(100% - 2px);">
    This kid seriously needs to stop trying to be like Arnold, he looks horrible compared to Arnold. Callum has Zero shape, flat biceps, no lats, syntholed shoulders which kills whatever symmetry he had.. IMO a very avg physique, but what makes him look worse is; him doing the Arnold poses and trying to act like Arnold whenever he can, which makes him look terrible as Arnold's physique was hand crafted by god himself and this kid is just an avg human being. Only similarity between him and Arnold is in his face a little and that's it..

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah heard about this low budget, c grade movie with a no name producer.... lol

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steroid effects are exaggerated. The problem is a lack of information and education on how to use them properly. Also another problem is the outright abuse going on these days in high level bodybuilding.

Most of the deaths in pro bodybuilding have nothing to do with steroids and a lot more to do with sinister drugs like diuretics and narcotics.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone else here who end up cooking the food themselves? I can make breasts, but that's about it.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm curious if anyone else lifts at home.

I finally got around to getting a corner of my garage set up as a mini home gym over the summer. I was lucky to have a store about 50 miles away selling very good equipment at reasonable prices, so I got a power rack, an Olympic bar, around 400lb of weights, an adjustable bench, and two stall mats. It's the best thing I've done on the fitness front: no waiting, no sharing, workout at whatever pace I want, and lift in my pyjamas if I feel so inclined.

It will be several months before I recoup the cost of the gym membership from the investment I made towards the equipment, but the sheer convenience of it is priceless.
    How big is your garage?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else here who end up cooking the food themselves? I can make breasts, but that's about it.
    I cook for myself at times. I try to keep it simple and simply grill the meat so no fancy stuff. I make brown rice, boil potatoes, make tuna and steak. When I am lazy I mix up a few eggs in a pan with some seasoning before making a brown wrap. I really need to look at preparing meals before hand as I cheat too often when I make fresh food.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    I cook for myself at times. I try to keep it simple and simply grill the meat so no fancy stuff. I make brown rice, boil potatoes, make tuna and steak. When I am lazy I mix up a few eggs in a pan with some seasoning before making a brown wrap. I really need to look at preparing meals before hand as I cheat too often when I make fresh food.
    How did you learn all of that? Just by watching YouTube videos and stuff or?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you learn all of that? Just by watching YouTube videos and stuff or?
    By living out for university :p

Erm ye, YouTube has everything man. Just follow a few recipes It's not hard.

Plus, am a simple guy so cooking for me is easy as I just marinate and grill meat #NothingFancy.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    How big is your garage?
    It's a standard North American two car garage. I only have one vehicle now, which helps, but it's still a tight fit, because I've got my woodworking stuff and storage racks in there too. I'll post pictures when I'm on the laptop.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started cooking for myself about 5 years ago.

My mum hates that I don't eat her food and instead make my own.

Cooking to me is actually a fun hobby after a long day at work.

I usually go with pastas, grilled chicken, steak, omelettes and pizzas.

Most of the things I eat are very simple to make, for example my first meal would be oats mixed with protein and chocolate milk with some strawberries and blueberries mixed in.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    To not feel weak, make sure you get your good carbs in and drink a lot of water so your body is not dehydrated. You should eat so that your main source of food is a protein with good carbs as your sides.
    I had tons of water then, but the lack of protein could have harmed the muscles.

At a certain point you have to accept feeling weak while trying to reduce your body fat it’s just a part of the game
    Not for years? I was much healthier with belly.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not for years? I was much healthier with belly.
    No you should not be cutting weight for years, especially if you only have a small belly to lose. should take a maximum 8-10 weeks.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you should not be cutting weight for years, especially if you only have a small belly to lose. should take a maximum 8-10 weeks.
    I only did it for 2-3 months, but I am still feelings the weakness side-effects (cramps, twitches, tremors, fatigue and now darkened vision).

But I am starting again as belly is coming out and altering my posture, despite all the weakness I've started this today after 2 years of ending my previous workout. This one seems lighter. I did 2 rounds of it today. Only little stiff legs and changed hue in vision.

does it look effective? also, what supplement should I take with it to avoid muscle fatigue again?
    Last edited by maxamax; 25th October 2017 at 03:24.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only did it for 2-3 months, but I am still feelings the weakness side-effects (cramps, twitches, tremors, fatigue and now darkened vision).

But I am starting again as belly is coming out and altering my posture, despite all the weakness I've started this today after 2 years of ending my previous workout. This one seems lighter. I did 2 rounds of it today. Only little stiff legs and changed hue in vision.

does it look effective? also, what supplement should I take with it to avoid muscle fatigue again?
    My friend, these are not typical side effects from a healthy weight cut or aerobic exercising.

I would highly suggest you get some blood testing done to see what the cause of these issues are, especially the darkened vision.

It is hard for me to tell you what supplements to take for the issues you are having because i don't know what they are stemming from, which is why i am suggesting a blood test.

Muscle fatigue is something that happens to me for one or 2 days after a workout then it goes away. I personally enjoy the muscle fatigue as it means i trained the specific muscle correctly.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The side effects sound like low blood sugar and electrolyte loss. I don't want to alarm you but this is indicative of someone with some form of diabetes. Go and have a thorough checkup with the doctor and get to the bottom of it.

The supplements you need would be mega dosing of BCAA (40g) before and during workout and fish oil (30-40g).

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The side effects sound like low blood sugar and electrolyte loss. I don't want to alarm you but this is indicative of someone with some form of diabetes. Go and have a thorough checkup with the doctor and get to the bottom of it.

The supplements you need would be mega dosing of BCAA (40g) before and during workout and fish oil (30-40g).
    Diabetes was my prime suspect as its common in my family, I tested myself multiple times but never got any abnormal readings.

Electrolyte test also came normal, along with couple of vitamins tests. I eat loads of bananas so magnesium can't be any issue. Had ensure supplement for 2 months to make sure that there's no deficiencies along with Vitamin-D oiled gels. Its still same.

Tried couple of doctors, no one's able to find out the cause. They've prescribed vitamins to me everytime. The latest being CQ-10 after I went to doc for poor vision.

It seems like that I'm aging decades with each year.

Whats BCAA?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diabetes was my prime suspect as its common in my family, I tested myself multiple times but never got any abnormal readings.

Electrolyte test also came normal, along with couple of vitamins tests. I eat loads of bananas so magnesium can't be any issue. Had ensure supplement for 2 months to make sure that there's no deficiencies along with Vitamin-D oiled gels. Its still same.

Tried couple of doctors, no one's able to find out the cause. They've prescribed vitamins to me everytime. The latest being CQ-10 after I went to doc for poor vision.

Whats BCAA?

Have you had your testosterone levels and thyroid levels checked?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sure, man.
    Doubters

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats BCAA?
    How much water do you drink during the day? Dehydration might be an issue. How about upping the amount of water you drink considerably during the day and take copious amounts of sugary electrolyte drink( chocolate milk drink is one such option) during workouts and see if it makes a difference.

Have you tried sub maximal exertion? As in reduce the effort level so that it doesn't trigger the fatigue and dizziness that you are experiencing. Also increase the rest and recovery periods. When something triggers such a severe response from your body, it's telling you that you are training at your current limit as in maximal effort. Normally you would train for short periods of time(3-4 weeks) then you switch to sub maximal for a period of time to let the body recover and build. No point can you continue to train at maximum effort endlessly, it's a recipe for making yourself weaker, which is not why we exercise for.

BCCA- branch chain amino acids. It will help trigger muscle building. Also as I said before, eat good quality beef quite a lot at first. You will notice the difference very quickly in your energy levels.

Are you in Pakistan or overseas? You need to goto a sports specialist or failing that, just pay a fitness trainer for few sessions and get them to write you a custom 12 weeks or so program. Don't just follow random workouts from YouTube. You need a workout plan that fits your profile.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats BCAA?
    Have your thyroxine levels checked at your earliest convenience. Most people don't know but thyroid disease is considered as prediabetic disease, you can google its relation to type-2 diabetes.

I was having some of the same symptoms that you described. None of the tests showed anything until i went through at least four doctors. The fourth one then ordered the thyroxine level test and confirmed that i had thyroid issues. Told me to keep in check otherwise i would have diabetes in the future.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys. I'm a student. I suffered a chest injury at the start of September and plan on starting gym again in 1-2 weeks, after halloween etc. What tips would you give me now that I'm a student and can't rely on mum and dad to buy food etc. What should be staples in my diet?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guys. I'm a student. I suffered a chest injury at the start of September and plan on starting gym again in 1-2 weeks, after halloween etc. What tips would you give me now that I'm a student and can't rely on mum and dad to buy food etc. What should be staples in my diet?
    Where do you live? Pakistan?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much water do you drink during the day? Dehydration might be an issue. How about upping the amount of water you drink considerably during the day and take copious amounts of sugary electrolyte drink( chocolate milk drink is one such option) during workouts and see if it makes a difference.

Have you tried sub maximal exertion? As in reduce the effort level so that it doesn't trigger the fatigue and dizziness that you are experiencing. Also increase the rest and recovery periods. When something triggers such a severe response from your body, it's telling you that you are training at your current limit as in maximal effort. Normally you would train for short periods of time(3-4 weeks) then you switch to sub maximal for a period of time to let the body recover and build. No point can you continue to train at maximum effort endlessly, it's a recipe for making yourself weaker, which is not why we exercise for.

BCCA- branch chain amino acids. It will help trigger muscle building. Also as I said before, eat good quality beef quite a lot at first. You will notice the difference very quickly in your energy levels.

Are you in Pakistan or overseas? You need to goto a sports specialist or failing that, just pay a fitness trainer for few sessions and get them to write you a custom 12 weeks or so program. Don't just follow random workouts from YouTube. You need a workout plan that fits your profile.

In summers I drink much, even in winters I drink what my belly can bear. Its natural to drink much after exercise even in good days.

Tried Gatorade, didn't helped much. It's getting into lot more common things, like holding a laptop bag can make me shivery now. I can't stretch myself on bed otherwise I'll have cramp for sure. I do drink choc milk whenever I get one.

From where can I have that BCCA? Pharmacy or protein supplement shop? Any brand name? I do eat beef (grilled/smoked) in burgers now.

I am a Pakistani. Sports Specialist? Where I can find that in Pakistan? I talked to one fitness trainer and he found it abnormal to have such condition even after minor workout and asked me to get it checked from relevant docs.

Have your thyroxine levels checked at your earliest convenience. Most people don't know but thyroid disease is considered as prediabetic disease, you can google its relation to type-2 diabetes.

I was having some of the same symptoms that you described. None of the tests showed anything until i went through at least four doctors. The fourth one then ordered the thyroxine level test and confirmed that i had thyroid issues. Told me to keep in check otherwise i would have diabetes in the future.
    Last year, when GP was unable to find a cause, he referred me to the HoD of endocrine dept for thyroid check. TSH, TH3 and Free TH4 tests were performed on me back then, all came normal.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you live? Pakistan?
    I live in England bro.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beef, egg, chicken and nuts should be a staple along with vegetables. Not sure where you are, I would goto halal meat places and buy their marinated chicken and beef and as long as you have access to an oven and a cooker, pan fry it and or bung it in the oven....

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In summers I drink much, even in winters I drink what my belly can bear. Its natural to drink much after exercise even in good days.

Tried Gatorade, didn't helped much. It's getting into lot more common things, like holding a laptop bag can make me shivery now. I can't stretch myself on bed otherwise I'll have cramp for sure. I do drink choc milk whenever I get one.

From where can I have that BCCA? Pharmacy or protein supplement shop? Any brand name? I do eat beef (grilled/smoked) in burgers now.

I am a Pakistani. Sports Specialist? Where I can find that in Pakistan? I talked to one fitness trainer and he found it abnormal to have such condition even after minor workout and asked me to get it checked from relevant docs.

Last year, when GP was unable to find a cause, he referred me to the HoD of endocrine dept for thyroid check. TSH, TH3 and Free TH4 tests were performed on me back then, all came normal.

BCAA I would have thought would be available from protein supplement shop rather than pharmacy. Make sure it's the one with 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine, get powder as it's easier than ingesting lot of pills for the megadose. Take 40g overall every day especially pre and during workout. One little scoop usually contains 5g.

Beef in shop made burgers is not really good quality as most of what you will eat will be fat. If you want to see improvement, you will need to get the good quality beef cut,marinate and grill yourself. Beef takes very short time to cook. And you need to do something about your vegetable phobia.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beef, egg, chicken and nuts should be a staple along with vegetables. Not sure where you are, I would goto halal meat places and buy their marinated chicken and beef and as long as you have access to an oven and a cooker, pan fry it and or bung it in the oven....
    To clear it up, I'm trying to put on weight, not lose weight.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My problem is carrying myself from home to the gym, which is 5 mins walk. Always purchase 6 months membership but barely go for a month.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clear it up, I'm trying to put on weight, not lose weight.
    I presume more muscle and not just weight per se. Just eat lots more.... use protein supplements and bcaa...

Key is just keep eating. There was a famous power lifter J M Blakely... his advice on how to put on mass is quite funny and interesting! Google it.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Big Boy's Menu Plan by JM Blakely

Good Eating

Cold, hard fact number one: If you gain weight, you will get stronger. Everybody already knows that. Even if most of the weight is not good weight, it will nevertheless have a positive effect on strength. Of course, there is the argument that the weight one gains should be quality weight (i.e. muscle, which is preferable) but the truth is that even adipose and water weight can contribute to heavier poundages lifted. It is beyond the scope of this article to address the exact physiological mechanisms for this but tissue leverage is commonly cited as the main reason for the phenomenon. My purpose is not to explain why this happens but rather to explain how to take advantage of the fact that it happens. Weight moves weight!

If you understand and accept this, you have probably tried to bulk up?Eat some point in your training. You also have probably experienced the frustration, first-hand, of just how difficult it can be to gain weight. Anyone can gain 15-20 pounds (and they often do on accident!) but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm speaking of adding on 35-40 pounds on purpose with a combination of extra-heavy lifting and extra-heavy eating! If anyone is confused about what I'm saying here then this article is not for you. I won't waste your time explaining and justifying the need for some lifters to put on weight. But for those of you who have been desperately trying to get your weight up and crack through a plateau, let's get to it. Why can't you seem to gain weight?

DO THE MATH

Quite simply, you aren't eating enough! I know, I know, you eat all the time, you eat more than everyone you know, you have a fast metabolism, yadda, yadda, yadda. I know all the excuses. I used them myself. I even believed them. But there are rules in the universe. We are bound by the laws of physics and no one is pardoned. Creating a positive caloric balance is completely defined by the equation: calories in vs. calories out = calories net. That's it. No one escapes it. If you eat more calories than you use in a day, you will gain weight. Period. There is some fluxuation for metabolic shifts and the efficiency of the body's absorption of calories, granted, but this effect is small and it is the rare person who exhibits a metabolism that could bear the blame for one unable to manipulate their weight. More about this later, but for now get it straight- your metabolism is not to be a scapegoat for your lack of discipline. You must eat more. If your metabolism speeds up then you must eat even more to cover that. There is a limit to how fast your metabolism can run. You must stay ahead of it. And you must learn to control it. Above all, you must accept the unarguable fact that you must put more food into your mouth.

My favorite question to ask those people who think they are eating tons of food but not gaining weight is, "what do you weigh?" Then when they answer (let's say 195 lbs. for example) I respond "and how long have you weighed that?" They almost always answer that they have been at their current weight for over one year and often much longer. To this I quip "then you are eating enough to maintain 195 pounds. If you want to weigh 215, you need to eat more than a person who weighs 195. You have to eat like a person who weighs 215! You have proven that you eat only enough to keep your weight steady. You've been 195 for some time now! And what you're eating is enough to hold that. But it's not enough to drive it up. So if you think you're eating all this extra food, think again. You're eating a maintenance feed lot. You need a growth feed lot! If you've been eating like a 215 pounder all last year, you would weigh 215 now! You're not eating any more than any other 195 pounder! Try harder! Eat more!"
    The only hole in this example is the energy output of the individual. But all things being equal, I hope you are getting the point here. You can't gain weight if you don't eat more.

The general principle is this: train as hard as you can to create a stimulus for growth. Then feed the body everything it needs to adapt. You must cover three needs. The recovery, the repair, and the growth. Some trainees only eat enough to recover from the last workout. They will end up overtrained because they aren't meeting the need for repair and their tissues begin to break down under the strain of heavy lifting.

Other lifters will eat enough to recover and repair, but not enough to cover the expense of growth. These lifters end up on a constant plateau, having hard workouts, recovering from them and not overtraining, but never seeing progress. It's a stalemate (the maintenance feed lot group). They train for years and somehow excuse the lack of results to genetics or another bogey man.

You have to cover all three aspects of nutrient need recovery, repair, and growth. First , eat enough to recover from the stress of a training session. Second, eat enough to repair any damage the workout may have caused.(If you are training very heavy, there is always micro-trauma occurring at the cellular level). Third, you must eat even more to cover the cost of your body building itself up. If you don't eat these extra calories, where will the body get the energy to do the building? And what ,pray tell, do you suppose it will use for building material? Your body needs stuff (matter) to build with. You can't build something out of nothing. The body needs substance to convert into body mass. That substance is food.

The only way to be absolutely certain that you are getting the most out of your workout is to eat more than you need for recovery, repair, and growth. You will begin to see a bit of bodyfat start to accumulate. Please don't misunderstand me and think I'm telling everyone to get obesely fat. I'm only suggesting a light layer of "winter weight" or a "softening" You should never let your bodyfat percentage rise above unhealthy levels, and never put on what you can't get off.

This is what I call bathing the cells in nutrients. You give them all they need and then a little bit extra which you can see usually around your middle. Remember; it's OK to put it on to gain strength if you also plan to take it off later and maintain your new strength level when you diet. Just make sure you get around to dieting sooner or later! This way every workout has the nutrients it needs to give it the chance to be fully effective.

Step one is the realization that you are ,in fact, not eating enough. Some trainees will admit this but then have trouble with the work of eating. To this I say only: DISCIPLINE! You must eat on schedule. You must eat what you are supposed to. You must not excuse yourself from eating what you are supposed to when you are supposed to. This is the self same discipline that everyone recognizes the need for in losing weight. It is no different for you who would choose to gain weight. No one feels sorry for a person who says they are trying to lose a few pounds and then proceeds to attend meetings with Ronald McDonald, Ben and Jerry, and Bud Weiser. And I don't feel sorry for those who lack the discipline to eat more.

I know how difficult it can be. But I am reminded of the time I was complaining to a friend about how hard I was trying to get my weight up to 300 pounds and how tough it was for me to eat so much, and boo-hoo-hoo. The friend looked at me, clearly fed up with my whining, and remarked "I see several people over 300 lbs at work (he was a physical therapist) and they really don't seem to be trying all that hard! They weigh 300 and they don't try!"
    This put it in better perspective for me. I even had the advantage of working out with weights to help boost my weight and these guys were out eating me and my best effort without so much as a second thought. If people can do it on accident, I could certainly do it on purpose! And I did. So can you.

Admit that you are undereating. Then admit that you are not trying your best. I don't believe you if you tell me you can't eat any more than you are eating now. If you tell me you can't eat any more, I'll tell you that you just can't have what you want then. (I never argue with someone who tells me they can't). That's the universe's law, not mine. If you can't do the work, you can't have the reward. Sorry. Now, do you really mean can't or is it more like won't? If you want it, you can. Ask anybody who has.

Those are the two biggest roadblocks to gaining weight. Admitting that you are not doing the job and that your effort has been less than stellar, and realizing that if others can do it so can you. Once you accept those responsibilities, instead of complaining and passing the buck, you can get to the business of getting down to it. And that, my friends, is the same in all endeavors, if you are willing to pay the price, you can have the reward. I will readily admit that it seems to be easier for some than others. But the price is relative. You are not anyone else. You must not compare the ease or difficulty which you are presented to anyone else's situation. So what if it is easier for your pal to gain weight than you? What does that have to do with you? Nothing. Your task is your task. If you must eat 400 calories more than him to get the same results, then that's the price for you . You decide for yourself whether to pay up or not. Oh yeah, I should mention - life's not fair. He got a discount and you got taxed. So what? You can still both have it. Are you willing to pay or not? If you're not, you're not. But your reason shouldn't be because it cost you more than someone else. When someone wants something bad enough they'll pay double! They don't care- they are just happy to get it.

What I'm telling you is that you can gain weight if you accept the fact that it is possible and that it is going to be hard. I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it. Get rid of any excuse or explanation for not gaining other than I'm not trying hard enough. I must try harder. Then you're on your way. Blame only yourself for past shortcomings and resolve to bring whatever it takes to the table from now on.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I presume more muscle and not just weight per se. Just eat lots more.... use protein supplements and bcaa...

Key is just keep eating. There was a famous power lifter J M Blakely... his advice on how to put on mass is quite funny and interesting! Google it.
    Yes I want to put on lean muscle. I am a student so budget is relatively tight. What advice would you give and what foods should I eat? Your advice would be great as would yours @Abdul

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes I want to put on lean muscle. I am a student so budget is relatively tight. What advice would you give and what foods should I eat? Your advice would be great as would yours @Abdul
    Hey. I'll try replying later if you don't mind.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Keep a food diary of what you eat every day
    Have a calorific deficit but get most of your calories from protein and fat.... yes fat!
    Train whatever takes your fancy. HIIT cardio if you going to do cardio only.

I prefer doing it with weights, look up German body composition otherwise known as lactic acid training. It's very hard but effective for a 4 week cycle. I have used it many times to strip layers of fat quickly whilst retaining strength.
    I use healthifyme app to track how much calories I consume on a daily basis. I used it religiously for 2 weeks which gave me a fair bit of idea on what and how much should i eat. The result is mindblowing, I lost 9 kgs in last one and half month.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    BCAA, Wheys, Mass gainers and all these other chemicalised bakwaas is not needed. That much is safe to say. I'd avoid these things if I were a newbie. I must say creatine monohydrate however is a very useful supplement but it can be obtained from eating red meat.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz95 View Post
    BCAA, Wheys, Mass gainers and all these other chemicalised bakwaas is not needed. That much is safe to say. I'd avoid these things if I were a newbie. I must say creatine monohydrate however is a very useful supplement but it can be obtained from eating red meat.
    They are all supplements. Supplements meaning supplementary to your actual diet which should mean you don't rely on these things.

For example I don't use anything but a bit of chocolate whey in my oats/porridge for breakfast. Rest of the day its real food.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They are all supplements. Supplements meaning supplementary to your actual diet which should mean you don't rely on these things.

For example I don't use anything but a bit of chocolate whey in my oats/porridge for breakfast. Rest of the day its real food.
    Yes I know what supplementation is, I used to take a lot myself. The only one which made a notable difference was creatine. I took mass gainer, whey, BCAA and thankfully I have stopped. Anything chemicalised and factory made shouldn't really be counted as food and no one really knows the side effects of half these new supplements. There's simply not enough data and I for one would definitely avoid it and accept slower gains for a better quality life.

My advice to newbies is stick to herbals and organic things.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I know what supplementation is, I used to take a lot myself. The only one which made a notable difference was creatine. I took mass gainer, whey, BCAA and thankfully I have stopped. Anything chemicalised and factory made shouldn't really be counted as food and no one really knows the side effects of half these new supplements. There's simply not enough data and I for one would definitely avoid it and accept slower gains for a better quality life.

My advice to newbies is stick to herbals and organic things.
    What difference were you hoping to see with supplements?

Weight gainer just makes you intake more calories, what kind of weight you put on is solely dependant on your overall caloric intake as well as intensity of weight training.

BCAA should solely be used for intense training sessions when in a caloric deficit so you do not burn muscle. It is not needed when in caloric surplus as your body is constantly burning the food you had eaten throughout the day therefore muscle loss will be negligible.

Creatine is probably the worst culprit in terms of side effects so I am not sure where you are going with this. It can increase your bodies creatinine levels thus effecting your kidneys. It slightly increases water weight which makes you think you are putting on muscle while also helping to increasing strength due to the water weight lubricating joints.

What do you mean by herbal and organic things?

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What difference were you hoping to see with supplements?

Weight gainer just makes you intake more calories, what kind of weight you put on is solely dependant on your overall caloric intake as well as intensity of weight training.

BCAA should solely be used for intense training sessions when in a caloric deficit so you do not burn muscle. It is not needed when in caloric surplus as your body is constantly burning the food you had eaten throughout the day therefore muscle loss will be negligible.

Creatine is probably the worst culprit in terms of side effects so I am not sure where you are going with this. It can increase your bodies creatinine levels thus effecting your kidneys. It slightly increases water weight which makes you think you are putting on muscle while also helping to increasing strength due to the water weight lubricating joints.

What do you mean by herbal and organic things?
    Weight gainer I was having just for some extra calories, being carbed up and getting protein. Was absolute dross (helped a friend out a lot, but it's one of those cases where its whatever works for you).

BCAA I was having back when I was intermittent fasting, I was told about muscle perservation and quick recoveries. More dross and bullschit.

Creatine was what I saw crazy strength and size gains with. I got from a 90kg bench to a 100 Kg in a month, with my very poor diet since am just a university guy who lifts as a hobby and enjoys life. I know how creatine works, what it does and how it helped me. It allows more ATP to be used in muscles, giving more energy/strength. Cos of this imbalance...water joins the party too causing what you said 'water weight'. It was something I liked and I was definitely at my biggest.

Organic I mean by eating non GMO, processed, packeted foods. I don't touch any tablets, medication or supplements now. Food which is home grown, fruit which isn't made in a factory and etc. Herbal stuff are just extra things like some of those old Pakistani remedies and whatnot. I seldom touch medication now or anything chemicalised.

ATM I don't really lift much anymore. I only seriously bench and deadlift, I stopped squatting a while ago becoz my legs got too big and I hold weight easily there and now I focus more on high intensity cardio. Especially boxing. I'm still making progress on a poor diet without any supplementation. I guess it's cos am jut trying to eat as natural as I can. This means a lot of desi food which should theoretically be high in fat as opposed to ready made meals, sandwiches, whey proteins, grilled chickens and whatnot.

I think protein intake is another overstated thing in the world of weights.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weight gainer I was having just for some extra calories, being carbed up and getting protein. Was absolute dross (helped a friend out a lot, but it's one of those cases where its whatever works for you).

BCAA I was having back when I was intermittent fasting, I was told about muscle perservation and quick recoveries. More dross and bullschit.

Creatine was what I saw crazy strength and size gains with. I got from a 90kg bench to a 100 Kg in a month, with my very poor diet since am just a university guy who lifts as a hobby and enjoys life. I know how creatine works, what it does and how it helped me. It allows more ATP to be used in muscles, giving more energy/strength. Cos of this imbalance...water joins the party too causing what you said 'water weight'. It was something I liked and I was definitely at my biggest.

Organic I mean by eating non GMO, processed, packeted foods. I don't touch any tablets, medication or supplements now. Food which is home grown, fruit which isn't made in a factory and etc. Herbal stuff are just extra things like some of those old Pakistani remedies and whatnot. I seldom touch medication now or anything chemicalised.

ATM I don't really lift much anymore. I only seriously bench and deadlift, I stopped squatting a while ago becoz my legs got too big and I hold weight easily there and now I focus more on high intensity cardio. Especially boxing. I'm still making progress on a poor diet without any supplementation. I guess it's cos am jut trying to eat as natural as I can. This means a lot of desi food which should theoretically be high in fat as opposed to ready made meals, sandwiches, whey proteins, grilled chickens and whatnot.

I think protein intake is another overstated thing in the world of weights.
    Agreed, I am eating half the protein I used to, so about 130grams and I am still gaining quality muscle.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you lose four pounds in a week and it's a bad thing. I'm cheesed.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A girl asked me today why I had such well built legs. Told her I am very good at rotating the strike.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey. I'll try replying later if you don't mind.
    Ok but ASAP would be ideal

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guys what do you think about this diet?

Breakfast :
    2 egg omelette (without oil)
    One glass milk

Brunch (around 11 am) :
    100 grams cottage cheese or some nuts or dry fruits.

Lunch at 1pm :
    1.5 cup cooked white rice (cant skip this at the moment) with mutton/chicken/fish/vegetables/pulses etc (it changes on a daily basis)

Salty milk tea at 4 pm (its indigenous to Kashmir)

One banana at 5:30, 30 minutes before workout.

Workout (6 to 7).

Dinner at 8:
    1.5 cups white rice with mutton/chicken/fish/vegetables/pulses etc (again it changes on a daily basis)

An apple or some fruits at 9.

Note - everything is taken from a typical non-fancy desi menu. I have tried to keep things simple.

I have reduced the rice from more than 3 cups to 1.5 cups in lunch and dinner. I am trying to keep a calorific deficit of 500 calories. From what i have calculated i need 2600 calories per day but i am trying to limit it to 2100. How good/bad is this diet?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    A girl asked me today why I had such well built legs. Told her I am very good at rotating the strike.
    Reminds me of when shinwari told rameez that his wife prays for his success and Rameez replied saying he thought his wife taught him inswing and outswing. He then quickly changed the topic

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Reminds me of when shinwari told rameez that his wife prays for his success and Rameez replied saying he thought his wife taught him inswing and outswing. He then quickly changed the topic
    Lmao need to catch a video of that.

And then people say Rameez is a poor presenter.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend Billy Blanks youtube videos for folks who have sedentary lifestyle and are intimidated by weights or can't afford gym memberships. I have noticed a visible increase in cardiovascular endurance by following his tae-bo basic workouts and fitnessblender cardio kickboxing workouts.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend Billy Blanks youtube videos for folks who have sedentary lifestyle and are intimidated by weights or can't afford gym memberships. I have noticed a visible increase in cardiovascular endurance by following his tae-bo basic workouts and fitnessblender cardio kickboxing workouts.
    an hour a day of walking on a 'empty stomach' would be more beneficial for the lazy people... sorry I mean sedentary life style.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    an hour a day of walking on a 'empty stomach' would be more beneficial for the lazy people... sorry I mean sedentary life style.
    Walking is very low intensity cardio. It has health benefits and is easy to start but it doesn't improve your endurance levels the way moderate/high intensity cardio does.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't seem to be gaining any weight.I was 53 kg still the Same since the time immemorial.Well seriously quite depressed at the moment.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a student and get bored of eating the same foods every day. What kind of foods can I eat?

Trying to put on weight, I reckon 3200 calories a day is a good point for me to lean bulk at.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I'm a student and get bored of eating the same foods every day. What kind of foods can I eat?

Trying to put on weight, I reckon 3200 calories a day is a good point for me to lean bulk at.
    Chicken Breast with different marination's, Tuna, Daal, Salmon, scrambled egg whites, sweet potato and porridge

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Started the strong lifts program, although I replaced the squat with the olympic bar bicep curl shoulder flexibility is not great and tbh don't really fancy the squat lets see how I get on, my goal is to lose fat and gain strength. So eventually am going to cut out junk and then reduce my calorie intake slowly as I move along

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dislocated my shoulder last week in badminton, so won't be lifting any time soon. Gonna have to put all my effort in my legs for now.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Chicken Breast with different marination's, Tuna, Daal, Salmon, scrambled egg whites, sweet potato and porridge
    I have a lot of those foods but don't know what to do with meat. I just put them with pasta which is going to get boring after a while.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I have a lot of those foods but don't know what to do with meat. I just put them with pasta which is going to get boring after a while.
    Have you tried brown rice ?

or boiled white rice