everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haris93 View Post
    Yes use of AAS
    Have you worked out seriously for a 6 month stretch? If not, are you hoping to get a great physique by doing a cycle and not working out seriously?
    Who will prescribe it to you? because only doctors can do it, not your trainer.
    Will you go through a rehab phase after the cycle? because otherwise it could be really dangerous with long lasting side effects.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 years seriously with good diet also i did the Testosterone, cortisol test on Nutritionist request which turned in normal range as well
    , yes will also be doing rehab aka PCT after cycle !
    I don't hope to get max results from AAS either but just good definition as my body haven't respond to anything uptill now !

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haris93 View Post
    2 years seriously with good diet also i did the Testosterone, cortisol test on Nutritionist request which turned in normal range as well
    , yes will also be doing rehab aka PCT after cycle !
    I don't hope to get max results from AAS either but just good definition as my body haven't respond to anything uptill now !
    If you have the money and resources to spend on a team of doctors who can monitor your situation regularly, then i think it would be safe. If you are relying on your trainer (like most people do) then i would strongly advise against it. Rest, you know whats best for you.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have started doing cross fit. Would like if someone can give me a solid beginner program.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I have started doing cross fit. Would like if someone can give me a solid beginner program.
    Are you juiced or natural trainer? If the answer is latter then why are you trying to train like one?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    First time doing barbell rows in a while without lower back pain. Didn't tilt forward as much, only enough to receive the bar and trying tightening my glutes and hamstrings before pulling the bar to my first row of abs- which is another thing, have heard some people pull the bar up only to the waist, while others do it till the abs.

But yeah Insh'Allah no more shoulder dislocations to set me back.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Are you juiced or natural trainer? If the answer is latter then why are you trying to train like one?
    I am sorry but what is a juiced or natural trainer? Could you elaborate?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am sorry but what is a juiced or natural trainer? Could you elaborate?
    Juiced means using steroids. Natural is without steroids or other performance enhancing drugs.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Juiced means using steroids. Natural is without steroids or other performance enhancing drugs.
    What has cross fit to do with steroids?

All i was asking was if theres anyone who knows a solid beginner training program.

And no im not juiced up.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

All i was asking was if theres anyone who knows a solid beginner training program.

And no im not juiced up.
    I am not sure why he mentioned this but if i have to guess, Cross fit generally involves high intensity cardio which can result in muscle loss alongside fat loss if done over a sustained period of time (quite a few researches say you DONT lose a significant amount of muscle). Losing muscle mass is considered a big loss in body building especially if you are thin and aiming to gain muscle. Being juiced could prevent muscle loss even when you are aiming to lose fat through programs like cross fit. I am just guessing that this might be the reason why he said that.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I am not sure why he mentioned this but if i have to guess, Cross fit generally involves high intensity cardio which can result in muscle loss alongside fat loss if done over a sustained period of time (quite a few researches say you DONT lose a significant amount of muscle). Losing muscle mass is considered a big loss in body building especially if you are thin and aiming to gain muscle. Being juiced could prevent muscle loss even when you are aiming to lose fat through programs like cross fit. I am just guessing that this might be the reason why he said that.
    Seth Rollins primarily does a fair amount of Cross Fit, not only is he very very strong but agile as well. In terms of all round performance it's great. But off course if muscle gain is the biggest goal then pure weight lifting is the way to go, that doesn't really turn me on to be honest; I want the speed, the strength, endurance and stamina That's why Boxing training would be amazing for me, the gym will be my tune up for it

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Seth Rollins primarily does a fair amount of Cross Fit, not only is he very very strong but agile as well. In terms of all round performance it's great. But off course if muscle gain is the biggest goal then pure weight lifting is the way to go, that doesn't really turn me on to be honest; I want the speed, the strength, endurance and stamina That's why Boxing training would be amazing for me, the gym will be my tune up for it
    Yes it all depends on your goal. i have vaguely followed Seth Rollins' training program and he doesnt really have that run of the mill body builder type physique ( i think he doesnt even have well defined abs). His program focusses on endurance, speed and agility with some strength training through compound movements. Not to mention that he is totally natural unlike so many other wrestlers in WWE.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Yes it all depends on your goal. i have vaguely followed Seth Rollins' training program and he doesnt really have that run of the mill body builder type physique ( i think he doesnt even have well defined abs). His program focusses on endurance, speed and agility with some strength training through compound movements. Not to mention that he is totally natural unlike so many other wrestlers in WWE.
    He use to have abs about a few years ago but during his injury he put on muscle and is bigger then he was before but cross fit is generally a part of his work out routine. Tbh in this era post 2007 they have a wellness policy when it comes to excessive use of substances, this is why you find many guys who are not super heavyweights at the top of the card. I'd say Cesaro has the best physique and P4P he is the strongest in the company, am not sure but I think his training revolves around power lifting.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    @Madplayer

They call him the swiss superman, very strong fella

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And no im not juiced up.
    CrossFit is a mish mash of high volume and not very intelligent. Unless you are juicing, or lift just the bar with no weight, there is high chance of injuring yourself.

As a natural trainee, your ability to sustain high volume and recovery is much much lower. You will end up with CNS fatigue and that will set you back months. If you donÂ’t believe me, go balls to the wall for two weeks and report back the after effects.

The question you should ask yourself is what am I training for?

Fatloss, conditioning, strength... good body to show off? There has to be a goal... and then you can target a program specifically for that goal. There are better and safer programs out there for this.

Following programs that are not really designed for natural trainees, you will end up harming yourself if you truly follow it to the T.

The key to transformation is frequency and keeping the volume low per session. This way you are able to train a muscle group more than once a week without being hampered by recovery from session issues.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Madplayer

Woah, this is really impressive. Man, i get motivation looking at these guys but that damn cheese burger

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    @Madplayer

Him and Sheamus were recently on a Popular YouTube channel for fitness called AthleanX. Out of character this dude is pretty light hearted and down to earth. Him and sheamus were working out and giving each other s***

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you guys do for abs?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Him and Sheamus were recently on a Popular YouTube channel for fitness called AthleanX. Out of character this dude is pretty light hearted and down to earth. Him and sheamus were working out and giving each other s***
    Sheamus and Cesaro are probably two of the nicest guys you could ever meet, really down to earth

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    The number 1 tip anybody can give you is fix your diet for abs. If you dont, NOTHING will work (for natural trainers especially).

The number two tip is, keep your core tight in every exercise you do.

The number 3 tip is, be smart with your abs workout. For example, Do 10 minutes of hardcore abs workout everyday after your weight training for three weeks. Then change the schedule and 15 minutes of abs workout only 2 times in a week for next 3 weeks. So on and so forth. After a while, resting the muscles becomes important. Include planks, different variations of crunches, mountain climbing (not real mountain climbing, its an exercise), hanging leg raises and especially include rotatory abs exercises (look for them on youtube) in your workout.

If you are not getting results in 6 months, you arent following tip no. 1 or there is a genetic problem. For any normal person with average genetics, this should work.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The number 1 tip anybody can give you is fix your diet for abs. If you dont, NOTHING will work (for natural trainers especially).

The number two tip is, keep your core tight in every exercise you do.

The number 3 tip is, be smart with your abs workout. For example, Do 10 minutes of hardcore abs workout everyday after your weight training for three weeks. Then change the schedule and 15 minutes of abs workout only 2 times in a week for next 3 weeks. So on and so forth. After a while, resting the muscles becomes important. Include planks, different variations of crunches, mountain climbing (not real mountain climbing, its an exercise), hanging leg raises and especially include rotatory abs exercises (look for them on youtube) in your workout.

If you are not getting results in 6 months, you arent following tip no. 1 or there is a genetic problem. For any normal person with average genetics, this should work.
    My diet is okay I feel. I don't know how to keep my core 'tight' and I think that's what my problem is

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My diet is okay I feel. I don't know how to keep my core 'tight' and I think that's what my problem is
    If you want a six-pack then sort out your diet. If you have sorted out your nutrition and still can't see defined abs then it means you haven't sorted out your nutrition.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Look up the Valsalva maneuver, you use it for most of the big lifts.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This will sound like the post I make every 2 years where I say "It's about time I got back into shape and I'm going to start soon!" but this time I actually started to clear out the garage to make some room where I can work out.

No excuses left now!

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys i recently started going to gym and i am wondering if drinking milk daily or sometimes is good for you?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoKhan View Post
    Hey guys i recently started going to gym and i am wondering if drinking milk daily or sometimes is good for you?
    Some researches suggest that milk (especially from a pregnant cow) can have high levels of estrogen which in terms of body building can be problematic because our main focus is on testosterone. For example Some researches suggest it can lead to development of man-boobs if you are familiar with the term. But these kind of researches are done and debunked and then done again everyday so kindly dont follow them religiously. I just mentioned it so that you get an idea that this kind of theory is out there as well.

My advice will be to not make any drastic changes as a beginner. Keep drinking the milk daily if you do it already. It shouldnt be a problem as long as it stays within your calorific limits. However, i would suggest you drink skimmed milk with low fat percentage rather than normal milk loaded with fat. Its a good source of protein and calcium which are both needed in body building.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some researches suggest that milk (especially from a pregnant cow) can have high levels of estrogen which in terms of body building can be problematic because our main focus is on testosterone. For example Some researches suggest it can lead to development of man-boobs if you are familiar with the term. But these kind of researches are done and debunked and then done again everyday so kindly dont follow them religiously. I just mentioned it so that you get an idea that this kind of theory is out there as well.

My advice will be to not make any drastic changes as a beginner. Keep drinking the milk daily if you do it already. It shouldnt be a problem as long as it stays within your calorific limits. However, i would suggest you drink skimmed milk with low fat percentage rather than normal milk loaded with fat. Its a good source of protein and calcium which are both needed in body building.
    I drank a whole carton of milk yesterday

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, milk is really good drink for those who hit the gym. I used to drink 2-3 glasses of milk a day when I was working out.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think diet is an issue that is very personalised and one can get a very general answer here. Some milk has to go in though.

I am following a diet by a nutritionist and she has suggested a glass of low fat milk in the morning and yoghurt with lunch.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I drank a whole carton of milk yesterday
    Lol that’s nice. It does give you the energy that you require after a long session of ___. Nothing like it.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i started going to the gym abt 7 or 8 weeks ago, first few weeks just getting used to the environment, went like 3 times in first month, since have upped it to twice a week.

given my own ignorance abt everything decided to fork out for a PT, which was a wise choice, there was a load of imbalance in my body, some muscles shockingly weak to the point i couldn't even do sets of the lightest weights.

i moved on to 2 times a week after the first month, also the workouts have built up to the point ive gotten on to super setting with compound movements and i'm feeling stronger. especially focusing on specific weaknesses ive had for a long time.

the greatest effect however has pbly been mental tho, just feel great for abt 24 hours after gym, laughing, joking, enjoying things, to the point i start missing it, lol. its a great high.

am looking to up it to three times a week in the coming month, and eventually to 4 with one lighter cardio focused session.

so in a nutshell my advice to anyone thinking abt joining a gym, jst do it. if u can afford it get a pt, if u cant, then still get a pt for a few sessions. its a science and everyone's body is unique so the input is invaluable to a newbie like me.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mix my protein shake with milk and have put on good muscle mass. Try to go for the low fat milk.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Diet 70%, rest is actually working the abs. Intra-abdominal pressure aka keeping your core tight during the lift won't actually make your abs more defined. Core strength does not necessarily mean you will have chiseled abs. There's different parts of the abs that have to be worked and targeted like any other muscle in your body.

Try to hit abs at least 2x per week. Start off the ab workout with an exercise that hits your lower abs first, then your obliques, then your top row of abs and/or transverse abdominis in general. That's the general format, depending on what exercises you can handle. People say just do hanging leg raises for abs, but most people don't have the ab strength to just willy nilly do a proper leg raise, it takes progression.

Just do it at the end of your leg workout(s) or at the end of back&biceps/pull day. No need to dedicate an entire day and 2 hours to hit abs.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    i started going to the gym abt 7 or 8 weeks ago, first few weeks just getting used to the environment, went like 3 times in first month, since have upped it to twice a week.

given my own ignorance abt everything decided to fork out for a PT, which was a wise choice, there was a load of imbalance in my body, some muscles shockingly weak to the point i couldn't even do sets of the lightest weights.

i moved on to 2 times a week after the first month, also the workouts have built up to the point ive gotten on to super setting with compound movements and i'm feeling stronger. especially focusing on specific weaknesses ive had for a long time.

the greatest effect however has pbly been mental tho, just feel great for abt 24 hours after gym, laughing, joking, enjoying things, to the point i start missing it, lol. its a great high.

am looking to up it to three times a week in the coming month, and eventually to 4 with one lighter cardio focused session.

so in a nutshell my advice to anyone thinking abt joining a gym, jst do it. if u can afford it get a pt, if u cant, then still get a pt for a few sessions. its a science and everyone's body is unique so the input is invaluable to a newbie like me.
    I wouldn't recommend going gym and then doing cardio, it doesn't work, honestly go do boxing/ kick boxing. Flexible training is the way to go, especially for asians, honestly most asian in late 30's struggle to bend over to tie thr shoes.

I ve been to the gym, and compared it to boxing and even tennis/badminton drilling sessions - going to the gym is a waste unless you do circuit training.
    Going gym might bulk you up - how you lose a lot off stamina and flexibility

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy7 View Post
    I wouldn't recommend going gym and then doing cardio, it doesn't work, honestly go do boxing/ kick boxing. Flexible training is the way to go, especially for asians, honestly most asian in late 30's struggle to bend over to tie thr shoes.

I ve been to the gym, and compared it to boxing and even tennis/badminton drilling sessions - going to the gym is a waste unless you do circuit training.
    I've started a new training routine since last 1 week after a layoff of 6 months. Cardio in morning and weights in the evening. Its a bit taxing especially as i am trying to get used to it. My aim is to get more definition in the muscles which i had put on by consistently working out for last 3 years before my 6 month break this year. I am also trying my best to get back to healthy eating ways which is a struggle now

Would keep updating my progress.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive done boxing a few times, but its too physical for me, cant afford having a whole week ruined due to bruised ribs, lol. also my reactions aren't quick enough to spar with guys who have been doing it since they were younger. its a lot of fun but don't fancy the risk.

tennis i used to like a lot too, but its really difficult to organise with people as i've gotten older. when i was younger id literally message mates at least one person wd be free, now everyone's busy with their own lives. also it took a toll on my knees, but i still try to play if i can find someone.

im seeing the benefits of gym in terms of strength and flexibility and its working for me so gonna stick with it.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I last went to gym last August. It has been 11 months.

I personally think it is useless to waste money on gym. Just buy dumbbells and gym equipment and work out at home (if you have enough space).

Also, it is recommended to take protein powder because you need protein to build muscles after workout.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the answers guys. Also when is it best to drink protein shake? Before or after work out? And mix it with water or milk?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the answers guys. Also when is it best to drink protein shake? Before or after work out? And mix it with water or milk?
    I recommend you to drink one glass 30 minutes before workout and another glass right after workout. That's how I prefer to do it.

I generally make protein shake with milk. It tastes much better with milk and you also get additional protein from the milk.

There are many different flavors of protein powder. I used to pick chocolate flavor because it tastes the best for me.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get whey protein. It is best to take it straight after your workout. Before your workout, take pre workout supplements. I do tend to have a protein shake with my breakfast too. You can mix with water or milk, I prefer the milk as it tastes much better.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone recommend me some easy recipes. Iam trying to cut down weight but the food at home has so many calories it's just counter productive to my goals.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone looking to build muscle whilst trying to lose fat must absolutely focus on diet. I think trying to lose fat and THEN build muscle is far easier and better in the longer run.

If you are intending to build muscle and lose fat then avoid simple cardio - instead focus on HIT Cardio and compound movements with superset and drop-set included.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_103 View Post
    Can someone recommend me some easy recipes. Iam trying to cut down weight but the food at home has so many calories it's just counter productive to my goals.
    Bilal,

Best advise is to eat “clean.” So avoid sugar, avoid unhealthy carbs and try to avoid oil as well.

You want to focus on protein, brown carbs, fibre and something which many avoid that you shouldn’t... Good sources of fat.

Naturally you want to focus on drinking 7-8 glasses of water. You’d want to implement boiled eggs, grilled breast chicken, grilled fish, salmon, tuna and greenery like broccoli in your diet. Again, depending on your goal and your consistency in the gym, try to buy a protein shake as well. Gold standard proteins are usually good.

I’m looking to cut and have given myself 7 months. So I’ve changed my diet from brown rice, 5 boiled eggs per day and isolation workout to compound exercises, high resistant exercises + apple vinegar cider/protein low carb diet.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ive done boxing a few times, but its too physical for me, cant afford having a whole week ruined due to bruised ribs, lol. also my reactions aren't quick enough to spar with guys who have been doing it since they were younger. its a lot of fun but don't fancy the risk.

tennis i used to like a lot too, but its really difficult to organise with people as i've gotten older. when i was younger id literally message mates at least one person wd be free, now everyone's busy with their own lives. also it took a toll on my knees, but i still try to play if i can find someone.

im seeing the benefits of gym in terms of strength and flexibility and its working for me so gonna stick with it.
    I never did proper boxing in the ring, just did boxing training with fitness training - to keep fit.

That's the thing with sports like tennis, football, cricket, reliant on other mates.

If it's going good than keep going. Hardest part will be in like 4 months time when many people stop seeing results. But all the best to you.

Can people add your diet on here, as after ramzaan finished I went back I to 3 meals a day and I've added weight. All I've ever been told is to eat fruit.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never did proper boxing in the ring, just did boxing training with fitness training - to keep fit.

That's the thing with sports like tennis, football, cricket, reliant on other mates.

If it's going good than keep going. Hardest part will be in like 4 months time when many people stop seeing results. But all the best to you.

Can people add your diet on here, as after ramzaan finished I went back I to 3 meals a day and I've added weight. All I've ever been told is to eat fruit.
    best boxing training i ever did was in havana with a local amateur, total focus on movement and evasion before they even let u punch anything, unfortunately when u fail to evade it hurts, lol.

i like it, also im stuck in an office all day so just getting there is a nice change of environment, all the people are different etc. will update u guys in a few months see how its going.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think I hurt my knee doing squats

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I think I hurt my knee doing squats
    video yourself doing squats, if ur doing em wrong it'll be easy to diagnose yourself.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

It depends on the Boxing gym mate, you need to find the right one; there are many coaches who are happy for you to learn the technique and fundamentals without having to spar etc and would only throw you in there if they felt you were ready, additionally the sparring would be designed for you to learn rather then have needless wars with guys who are entering competition; there are different types of sparring. A long time back I went to a gym which didn't have an ABA license due to lack of funding but the quality of teaching was exceptional led by big man Al Malcolm; and when it came to sparring the students would body spar no head shots.

I returned after a very long time recently to a new gym, it is just as intense as I remember the training is very gruelling; I emphasised the need to focus on technique more then anything else and even then man I was sweating so much, the intensity was crazy; when it comes to wanting to lose weight, Boxing is like gold; you will be burning calories long after your session. The pace of the session ensured I burned loads of calories however perhaps I should have taken a few steps back at times so I wasn't rushing with my foot work and shots, we worked on movement specifically on this occasion.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Generic question guys, is it possible to weight train in such a way where you gain strength, add a bit of muscle mass and also increase your endurance / stamina.

Weight lifting can supplement Boxing to an extent but I don't want to lose stamina

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    video yourself doing squats, if ur doing em wrong it'll be easy to diagnose yourself.
    It wasn't during the squat. It was before my 1st rep, when I was dismounting the bar, I kinda twisted my knee trying to balance.