Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Yea ive been taking 5g a day for about 2 months. Is there a certain period of time after you should stop taking it for a bit and then restart or just keep going with 5g a day?
    Keep going.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Yea ive been taking 5g a day for about 2 months. Is there a certain period of time after you should stop taking it for a bit and then restart or just keep going with 5g a day?
    Like Zak_Fan said, keep going. There's no need to cycle creatine mono hydrate. Maintaining saturation is the best way to making full gains from creatine.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walashi View Post
    Im 170cm, 60kg. I don't go to gym but I'm planning to, any advice on starters?
    Look up stronglifts/starting strength. Build a good strength foundation over the next 12-18 months.

You're a bit on the light side which is ideal as a starting point for a complete beginner to maximise muscle gains.

Use the link below to calculate your BMR.
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Multiply that value by your activity level.
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/

Then add between 200-300 kcals on top of that. Eat that much with 0.7ish grams of protein per lb of body mass and you will gain around 0.25kg of mostly muscle per week.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I'm around 87 kg but I'm not fat. What is going on!?!?!?!

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Went back to gym yesterday after months. Pushed myself hard, became a bit dizzy and the session came to an end. Anyone else get dizzy just after intense workout ?

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashing_man View Post
    As the saying goes, abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. If you want a six pack then sort out your diet, otherwise you can do a thousand sit ups a day and it will make no difference at all.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I went haywire in gym 2 days ago, My arms still hurt like hell, its not like i was lifting heavy, I did some intense weights which were once not so heavy to me when I was regularly going to the gym. Everytime i flex or extend, it kills

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    As the saying goes, abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. If you want a six pack then sort out your diet, otherwise you can do a thousand sit ups a day and it will make no difference at all.
    If you have a pot belly, you will see it reduce, but no six packs.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    963 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Completely agree. It helps if you're naturally slim and the older you get, the harder it gets to sculpt some abs.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thivagar View Post
    I went haywire in gym 2 days ago, My arms still hurt like hell, its not like i was lifting heavy, I did some intense weights which were once not so heavy to me when I was regularly going to the gym. Everytime i flex or extend, it kills
    DOMS.

If you restart gym after a long time, start with a very light weight or empty bar. Then keep adding 5kg per workout, it's a better way to recover some of the lost strength without the pain.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUMP. Thoughts on my nutrition?

I'm on a 3 times a week workout program.

5'9.5 and 155 lbs (measured this afternoon.

I'm currently consuming 233 grams of protein and 2271 calories.

Too much too little? Feedback appreciated.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmirFutureWasim View Post
    BUMP. Thoughts on my nutrition?

I'm on a 3 times a week workout program.

5'9.5 and 155 lbs (measured this afternoon.

I'm currently consuming 233 grams of protein and 2271 calories.

Too much too little? Feedback appreciated.
    Too much protein - if you enjoy eating that much protein fair enough, but you really don't need that much. 0.7g per lb of body mass is enough so around 110g should be enough for you. I weigh over 200lbs at 6'3 and I average between 140-150g of protein per day.

You're eating just over maintenance at the moment (+100 surplus) assuming a sedentary activity level , personally I would up it by another 200-300 kcal because its a bit too close to your maintenance.

Its always best to weigh yourself in the morning, before you've eaten and after you've gone for a pee. Keep track of your weight once a week (same day and time) and check if you're on track with the weight gain, and adjust if necessary.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diffusion View Post
    Too much protein - if you enjoy eating that much protein fair enough, but you really don't need that much. 0.7g per lb of body mass is enough so around 110g should be enough for you. I weigh over 200lbs at 6'3 and I average between 140-150g of protein per day.

You're eating just over maintenance at the moment (+100 surplus) assuming a sedentary activity level , personally I would up it by another 200-300 kcal because its a bit too close to your maintenance.

Its always best to weigh yourself in the morning, before you've eaten and after you've gone for a pee. Keep track of your weight once a week (same day and time) and check if you're on track with the weight gain, and adjust if necessary.
    Well I'm only taking that much protein because it makes it easier for calorie consumption. Idk how to explain it but it seems foods with lots of proteins also have lots of calories. Like Whey Protein gets me both a lot of protein and calories.

I don't really know how to up my calories without rising my protein too much until unless I eat unhealthy. I could take one less scoop of Whey but again I lose a lot of calories too.

Or I could switch to 3.25% milk? But is that really all that healthy? 50% of the calories apparently are from fat.

I'm on the StrongLifts 5x5 workout program. Starting from week 1.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay since I can't edit my previous post, I'm replying again.

I adjusted my calculations as previously I forgot to include the fruits and vegetables I'm eating that should help in neutralizing the protein acidity. Now it's up to 3160 calories per day and 250 grams of protein.

I calculated my TDEE (2669) and heard that if you want to put on mass you should eat about 500 cals over it?

Also, are there any risks if I don't bring my protein down? I know I probably don't need that much but I'm always hungry as it is and don't want to plateau before week 12 of StrongLifts. I can bring it down if I have to though.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm only taking that much protein because it makes it easier for calorie consumption. Idk how to explain it but it seems foods with lots of proteins also have lots of calories. Like Whey Protein gets me both a lot of protein and calories.

I don't really know how to up my calories without rising my protein too much until unless I eat unhealthy. I could take one less scoop of Whey but again I lose a lot of calories too.

Or I could switch to 3.25% milk? But is that really all that healthy? 50% of the calories apparently are from fat.

I'm on the StrongLifts 5x5 workout program. Starting from week 1.
    Okay since I can't edit my previous post, I'm replying again.

I adjusted my calculations as previously I forgot to include the fruits and vegetables I'm eating that should help in neutralizing the protein acidity. Now it's up to 3160 calories per day and 250 grams of protein.

I calculated my TDEE (2669) and heard that if you want to put on mass you should eat about 500 cals over it?

Also, are there any risks if I don't bring my protein down? I know I probably don't need that much but I'm always hungry as it is and don't want to plateau before week 12 of StrongLifts. I can bring it down if I have to though.
    1 gram of protein = 4 kcals
    1 gram of carbs = 4 kcals
    1 gram of fat = 9 kcals

If you can meet your protein macros from food, I think you could probably cut out the protein shakes? Or just take them as needed to meet your protein. I don't think there's any real risk to that much protein (going to the toilet might turn into a problem), but try to get a good amount of carbs too - they provide your muscles the energy to lift as hard and as heavy as possible. Don't be afraid of fat - it's extremely important for correct metabolic functioning.

I follow an if it fits policy. As long as I meet my protein (150g), I will make the rest up with whatever food I like and it serves me pretty well. Whey Protein I find is usually not very calorie dense - the scoop (myprotein.co.uk) I take gives me 21 g of protein, but only 100kcals.

Stronglifts is a great program, download the app onto your phone to keep track of your progress. Take it slow and don't try to add too much, just add 2.5kg per lift as he suggests. In your first few months or so, you need to nail your form because this will be your basis when you're lifting much heavier weight.

500kcals surplus is too much personally, you will gain muscle but you will gain a lot of fat at the same time. That's fine, if you're happy to cut that fat later. But if you want to stay lean, a surplus of between 200-300kcals is ideal. Your cuts will be a lot shorter when the time comes to get shredded.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I usually just do some jogging to keep myself fit.

Lifting isn't my thing and neither am I interested in doing it.

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Workout Thread

My routine is that I wake up at 5 30 everyday (except Saturday when i wake up at 8), have a milkshake and work out in my gym for an hour. Out of this 25 minutes I do high intensity cardio and 50 crunches/situps a day alternately (Patrick Bateman style) Then I do a different muscle each day. Biceps, Chest, Triceps, Legs and shoulders in that order. Sunday is my break day. Been a month now and I hope I can continue like this. Tbh initially it was hard but soon it actually becomes addictive (Some of the more experienced guys will testify to this)

This gives you plenty of time to get ready and in the morning, Keeps you fresh throughout the day and keeps you fit.

Post your routines/Before and After pics on this thread guys (if you lazy people have any)

"Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Didnt realize there was already a thread, thanks for merging

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    20 minutes HIIT running and then,

Monday: Deadlift and Squat (no rep or set limit, going to failure on both exercises)

Wednesday: Powerclean and Lat Pull Downs/Pull ups (same as above)

Friday: Bench press and Flys (same as above)

I only spend about an hour at the gym and I feel very fit with no belly or excess fat and good muscle definition.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I only spend about an hour at the gym and I feel very fit with no belly or excess fat and good muscle definition.
    Keep up the good work.

Narendra Modi and Imran Khan Zindabad! NOT

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Anyone else think that attempting to build muscle for each body part separately is a waste of time ?

The only muscle I would (will restart weight training soon) isolate is the the biceps for the obvious reasons.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    Anyone else think that attempting to build muscle for each body part separately is a waste of time ?

The only muscle I would (will restart weight training soon) isolate is the the biceps for the obvious reasons.
    Much better results when you work on one muscle a day.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Work on triceps. They form 75% of the upper arm muscles.

Narendra Modi and Imran Khan Zindabad! NOT

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Much better results when you work on one muscle a day.
    Proof ?

Compound exercises, particularly for beginners, lead to fast muscle growth.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Proof ?

Perhaps. What i meant was it is difficult to say do 3 sets of 12 bicep curls and then 3 sets of 12 bench presses in the same day. Instead one would prefer to focus on one muscle a day and do 6 of each on different days.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Work on triceps. They form 75% of the upper arm muscles.
    Do Compound exercises such as the bench press, over head press and dips.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Perhaps. What i meant was it is difficult to say do 3 sets of 12 bicep curls and then 3 sets of 12 bench presses in the same day. Instead one would prefer to focus on one muscle a day and do 6 of each on different days.
    If you're a beginner and want to gain muscle then stronglifts 5x5 is the best program IMO. It's 3 workouts per week and they comprise of 5×5 squats each workout, 5×5 bench press alternating each workout with over head press 5×5 and either the deadlift or the bent over row.

Bicep curls don't take much effort and you can easily do them at the end of your routine.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Proof ?

Compound exercises build overall strength and a coherent dimensions. Isolated movements build individual muscles and if you are not careful your physique can start looking ugly with disproportionate muscle size.

The other day I easily beat a "curl monkey" in a panja and he was amazed with regards to my strength even though my bicep was several sizes smaller than his.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Compound exercises build overall strength and a coherent dimensions. Isolated movements build individual muscles and if you are not careful your physique can start looking ugly with disproportionate muscle size.

The other day I easily beat a "curl monkey" in a panja and he was amazed with regards to my strength even though my bicep was several sizes smaller than his.
    As long as you're doing all the exercises with proper form then it should be OK in regard to proportionality and tbh, most people would want their biceps to be disproportionately bigger to the rest of their body.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    @Haroon786 last summer I took a job which involved non-stop heavy lifting 10 hours in a row and I hurt my wrist, since then I thought it would get better on its own but I feel pain and especially if I try curling a dumbell. Do you know of any exercies similar to a hammer curl which would work on my bicep? I can't curl with the conventional grip, well I can but I feel pain. Hammer curls I be fine. Also, would be a hinderence to bicep development if I just performed one exercise e.g the hammer curl? I think it would that's why trying to think of alternatives

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @Haroon786 last summer I took a job which involved non-stop heavy lifting 10 hours in a row and I hurt my wrist, since then I thought it would get better on its own but I feel pain and especially if I try curling a dumbell. Do you know of any exercies similar to a hammer curl which would work on my bicep? I can't curl with the conventional grip, well I can but I feel pain. Hammer curls I be fine. Also, would be a hinderence to bicep development if I just performed one exercise e.g the hammer curl? I think it would that's why trying to think of alternatives
    Pulldowns with a close, underhand grip develops the biceps. Its primarily for lats, but also works forearms and biceps.

Though, more importantly, you should work on your wrist and forearm strength in order to recover quickly. I reckon you should spend 15 mins a day, thrice a week on your wrists. there are a fair few exercises which could help with that. check out http://breakingmuscle.com/mobility-r...rearm-strength

its kinda boring, but essential

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Pulldowns with a close, underhand grip develops the biceps. Its primarily for lats, but also works forearms and biceps.

Though, more importantly, you should work on your wrist and forearm strength in order to recover quickly. I reckon you should spend 15 mins a day, thrice a week on your wrists. there are a fair few exercises which could help with that. check out http://breakingmuscle.com/mobility-r...rearm-strength

its kinda boring, but essential
    Thanks, anything else besides pulldowns? thing is I am able to curl what I normally do but just feel pain during the exercise, I've not had it checked out in the hospital yet though. But yeah, perhaps working on the wrist/forearm will alleviate the pain in the long run

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @Haroon786 last summer I took a job which involved non-stop heavy lifting 10 hours in a row and I urt my wrist, since then I thought it would get better on its own but I feel pain and especially if I try curling a dumbell. Do you know of any exercies similar to a hammer curl which would work on my bicep? I can't curl with the conventional grip, well I can but I feel pain. Hammer curls I be fine. Also, would be a hinderence to bicep development if I just performed one exercise e.g the hammer curl? I think it would that's why trying to think of alternatives
    Should probably get it checked out.

When I lifted, I only did bicep curls but apparently chin ups are really good for the biceps too since you're using your arms to pull your whole body weight up and that's something I'm going to try in my next workout (it's going to be tough).

Only doing one exercise doesn't inhibit muscle development, what inhibits muscle development is poor form and increasing reps but not weight. Poor form, as it seems in your case, has led to an injury which damages the body and stops you from doing more exercise. Increasing reps will increase muscle endurance but not strength and size, so whenever you can however many reps per set for the current weight you're doing you should look to increase the weight a little bit until you reach your desired goal.

BTW, it's better to do small exercises which only use 1 or 2 muscles such as curls after your body is stronger with full compound exercises as then it is easier to have proper form and increase weight faster.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, anything else besides pulldowns? thing is I am able to curl what I normally do but just feel pain during the exercise, I've not had it checked out in the hospital yet though. But yeah, perhaps working on the wrist/forearm will alleviate the pain in the long run
    You really are better off taking time off the gym, or only focusing on legs.. and let the wrist heal. way better for you in the long run

BTW, it's better to do small exercises which only use 1 or 2 muscles such as curls after your body is stronger with full compound exercises as then it is easier to have proper form and increase weight faster.
    yaar, thats terrible advice. compound exercises should always comprise of the bulk of your workouts

. Biceps, Chest, Triceps, Legs and shoulders in that order.
    thats an awful split

wheres shoulders and back?

A better split is
    Chest+tris
    Back+bis
    Shoulders
    Legs
    Core workout

DJ. BRAAVO. DJ. BRAAVO. CHAMPION. CHAMPION.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

When I lifted, I only did bicep curls but apparently chin ups are really good for the biceps too since you're using your arms to pull your whole body weight up and that's something I'm going to try in my next workout (it's going to be tough).

Only doing one exercise doesn't inhibit muscle development, what inhibits muscle development is poor form and increasing reps but not weight. Poor form, as it seems in your case, has led to an injury which damages the body and stops you from doing more exercise. Increasing reps will increase muscle endurance but not strength and size, so whenever you can however many reps per set for the current weight you're doing you should look to increase the weight a little bit until you reach your desired goal.

Have no idea how it happened exactly, but it was really late had been working for 8 hours or so and had to lift something really heavy and I think my wrist cocked back a bit more then it should have and ever since I feel pain if I try and lift something heavy but even know as I type it just feels like something is wrong with it in comparison to the wrist which is fine. But yeah, when am in the gym I rarely increase rep but after each set increase the weight although I've not trained consistently enough to see any significant muscle growth but the time I did for like a month I gained strength but not muscle mass. Will stick to hammer curls etc and form, appreciate the advice

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    @hamzie it has been like 5-6 months now since the day my wrist began to have issues and in that time I've not put it under great stress, at this point am not sure what can be done to sort it out although I seriously need to go hospital or something to get it checked out. Assuming they find something serious, say they operate on it; I feel like there would still be some kind of issue with it. I hope it's not the case but given how long it has been am not optimistic.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @hamzie it has been like 5-6 months now since the day my wrist began to have issues and in that time I've not put it under great stress, at this point am not sure what can be done to sort it out although I seriously need to go hospital or something to get it checked out. Assuming they find something serious, say they operate on it; I feel like there would still be some kind of issue with it. I hope it's not the case but given how long it has been am not optimistic.
    is it like a sharp pain or a tingling pins and needles type sensation

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamzie View Post
    is it like a sharp pain or a tingling pins and needles type sensation
    More of a sharp pain

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More of a sharp pain
    Move the f away from the weights then. Get it checked out.

Sounds like a hairline fracture and if you keep putting pressure on it, its going to get worse. Don't even try any wrist exercise unless you've consulted the doctor.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Haroon786 has the right idea about compound exercises for beginners. I don't go to the gym to build muscle I just go to keep fit and I stick with compound exercises as they work out your entire body. I go 5 days a week. 2 days are Cardo (between 7-10kms) and then 3 days are compound exercises.

The one's I do are Squats, Straight Leg Dead Lifts, Bench Press, Military Press, Bent Row, Curls and Calf Raises.

I do the above in cycles. Starting with 4 sets of 8 reps for each and working my way up to 4 sets of 12 reps and then increasing the weight. Also, there's a deload built in the system whereby 1st day is light (so 80% of total weight), next day is medium (90% of total weight) and the final day is full weight.

As a beginner this has been pretty good for me.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    yaar, thats terrible advice. compound exercises should always comprise of the bulk of your workouts
    Where have I said they shouldn't ?

'It's better to do small exercises which only use 1 or 2 muscles such as curls after your body is stronger with full comping exercises'.

Read the full post before making unnecessary comments.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    @Haroon786 has the right idea about compound exercises for beginners. I don't go to the gym to build muscle I just go to keep fit and I stick with compound exercises as they work out your entire body. I go 5 days a week. 2 days are Cardo (between 7-10kms) and then 3 days are compound exercises.

The one's I do are Squats, Straight Leg Dead Lifts, Bench Press, Military Press, Bent Row, Curls and Calf Raises.

I do the above in cycles. Starting with 4 sets of 8 reps for each and working my way up to 4 sets of 12 reps and then increasing the weight. Also, there's a deload built in the system whereby 1st day is light (so 80% of total weight), next day is medium (90% of total weight) and the final day is full weight.

As a beginner this has been pretty good for me.
    Even in general, bench press, squats, dead lift, OH press, bent over row and chin ups/ pull ups are the exercises that build the most for all stages as long as you're increasing the weight with each workout.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A better split is
    Chest+tris
    Back+bis
    Shoulders
    Legs
    Core workout
    I have a few questions

1)Can i try this schedule as a beginner?

2) what exercises would you recommend for core workout?

3) my gym partner and i have completely different goals. He is very thin and wants to put on muscle whereas i need to lose around 7-8 kgs to reach my goal. So can we both go with this or do it differently? Or does it depend on our diet?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I have a few questions

3) my gym partner and i have completely different goals. He is very thin and wants to put on muscle whereas i need to lose around 7-8 kgs to reach my goal. So can we both go with this or do it differently? Or does it depend on our diet?
    1) your schedule doesnt matter, you need to make sure you work your muscles and give them plenty of rest after.

2) Squats and Deadlift

3) You both can train together, the workout should matter especially as you both are beginners, but your diets will need to be different, he needs a bulking diet and you need a cutting diet.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few questions

If you need to lose weight, you need to do a mixture of weights and cardio. Depending on how long you can spend per session, spend half the time with cardio and the other half weights.

Cardio is where you will burn the calories so do not ignore that.

For weights as @Haroon786 suggested do mainly compound for the first 6 weeks.
    Bench Press
    Olympic Press (military press is normally included in olypmic press)
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Pull-down
    Core (Plank - 1min, side plank - 30 secs each side, crunch, air bike)

Do 3 sets of each for 10 reps. Since you are a beginner do not overstress yourself and thus choose appropriate weights. Just make sure that you are struggling do the last couple of reps of the 3rd set of each exercise.
    Also make sure to get right form or posture.

If you overstress yourself in the first few weeks, you could hurt yourself. Do not push each set to failure or do more than 3 sets per exercise. At least take 2 days off to rest each week.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    1) your schedule doesnt matter, you need to make sure you work your muscles and give them plenty of rest after.

2) Squats and Deadlift

3) You both can train together, the workout should matter especially as you both are beginners, but your diets will need to be different, he needs a bulking diet and you need a cutting diet.

If you need to lose weight, you need to do a mixture of weights and cardio. Depending on how long you can spend per session, spend half the time with cardio and the other half weights.

Cardio is where you will burn the calories so do not ignore that.

For weights as @Haroon786 suggested do mainly compound for the first 6 weeks.
    Bench Press
    Olympic Press (military press is normally included in olypmic press)
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Pull-down
    Core (Plank - 1min, side plank - 30 secs each side, crunch, air bike)

Do 3 sets of each for 10 reps. Since you are a beginner do not overstress yourself and thus choose appropriate weights. Just make sure that you are struggling do the last couple of reps of the 3rd set of each exercise.
    Also make sure to get right form or posture.

If you overstress yourself in the first few weeks, you could hurt yourself. Do not push each set to failure or do more than 3 sets per exercise. At least take 2 days off to rest each week.
    Thanks a lot. Great advice. Thanks again.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Move the f away from the weights then. Get it checked out.

Sounds like a hairline fracture and if you keep putting pressure on it, its going to get worse. Don't even try any wrist exercise unless you've consulted the doctor.
    Will do mate. But I've really been looking forward to training properly again, I will have to avoid doing bicep curls of any kind. I intend to lose fat but obviously it's good to combine resistance training and cardio

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot. Great advice. Thanks again.
    Sorry i meant, the workout shouldn't matter, not should. Both of you should have the same workout but different diets, i still have the same workout from when i was cutting, dropped 16kg in no time, now im bulking and have gone from 52kg lean mass to 56kg in 3 months, with the exact same workout routine, just changed diet. Now planning on adding another 10kg of muscle this year.

Its the compound moves that will burn your fat, stick to them, dont do cardio, its a myth, it doesnt work and will make you look worse and slow down your goals. I did some HIIT but to be honest, your better off saving that energy to using it for heavy lifting, you can include some HIIT once in a while.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, is there a way to test whether one of the muscles is weaker.

For example, if I squat 50 kgs, is there a minimum corresponding weight I should be able to deadlift in order for my body to be proportional?

Similarily with triceps and biceps?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Okay i have a developed a weird condition since joining the gym. The tail bone hurts when i touch it. Doesnt hurt otherwise at all but when i touch it its like a pinching pain. Its only been 2 weeks in the gym and i am lifting really light weights . so i wanted to know is it normal????

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need to lose weight, you need to do a mixture of weights and cardio. .
    thats ridiculous.

If you want to lose weight you need to be in a hypocaloric state
    end of story

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sorry i meant, the workout shouldn't matter, not should. Both of you should have the same workout but different diets, i still have the same workout from when i was cutting, dropped 16kg in no time, now im bulking and have gone from 52kg lean mass to 56kg in 3 months, with the exact same workout routine, just changed diet. Now planning on adding another 10kg of muscle this year.

Its the compound moves that will burn your fat, stick to them, dont do cardio, its a myth, it doesnt work and will make you look worse and slow down your goals. I did some HIIT but to be honest, your better off saving that energy to using it for heavy lifting, you can include some HIIT once in a while.
    What are compound moves? Sorry i have no clue.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats ridiculous.

end of story
    And you achieve that by burning more calories than you consume.

And how do you burn more calories
    1. Cardio - Cardio burns more calories than weights
    2. Lifting weights ensures that you don't lose muscle as a part of the weight loss process. The athlete might even gain some muscle which would increase his basal metabolic rate, which in turn would allow the athlete to increase his calorie deficit.
    3. Consume fewer calories - The assumption here is that the athlete is not changing his/her dietary habits

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    thats ridiculous.

end of story
    I agree. I lost almost 20 kilos doing this. Zero workout . it took 2 years but it worked. Now i weight 70 kilos but being in hypocaloric state isn't working anymore. Maybe i need to eat even less but can't do that so i joined a gym and need to get down to 62-63 kilos and get a bit chiseled like i was 4-5 years ago.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are compound moves? Sorry i have no clue.
    moves that work the whole body or a lot of muscle groups in one movement.

i.e. Deadlifts, Squats, Bench Press etc.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats ridiculous.

end of story
    True and False,

The main thing is what you mean when you say 'you want to lose weight'

Do you want to lose both MUSCLES AND FAT or JUST FAT.

If you want to maintain your muscles or even grow them and then lose fat at the same time, you need a PROPER DIET AND WORKOUT PLAN, designed for it.

CARDIO IS RUBBISH AND USELESS, in fact it ACTUALLY SLOWS DOWN FAT LOSS AND KILLS MUSCLES MASS, due to the slowing of your metabolism.

I always advise against it, i lost all my fat doing heavy lifting and gained muscle mass at the same time.

There is a huge DIFFERENCE between AEROBIC and ANAEROBIC workouts, Where AEROBIC WORKOUTS USE OXYGEN TO FUEL YOUR MUSCLES, ANEROBICS USE GLYCOGEN WHICH IS THEN REFUELED WITH TRIGLYCERIDES FROM YOUR FAT STORES. This is why diet is VERY VERY IMPORTANT, because IF YOU EAT TO MANY CARBS, YOUR BODY WILL NOT NEED TO BURN FAT TO FILL ITS GLYCOGEN STORES.

Lastly, its not just about calories, ITS ABOUT WHERE THEY COME FROM, NOT ALL CALORIES ARE CREATED EQUAL.

To lose fat and maintain your muscles, you need most of your calories from PROTEIN and you will need to eliminate calories from PROCESSED CARBS/SUGARS AND TRANS FATS. There are GOOD calories and then there are BAD calories.
    Last edited by PetroDollars; 3rd February 2016 at 18:05.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    True and False,

The main thing is what you mean when you say 'you want to lose weight'

Do you want to lose both MUSCLES AND FAT or JUST FAT.

If you want to maintain your muscles or even grow them and then lose fat at the same time, you need a PROPER DIET AND WORKOUT PLAN, designed for it.

CARDIO IS RUBBISH AND USELESS, in fact it ACTUALLY SLOWS DOWN FAT LOSS AND KILLS MUSCLES MASS, due to the slowing of your metabolism.

I always advise against it, i lost all my fat doing heavy lifting and gained muscle mass at the same time.

There is a huge DIFFERENCE between AEROBIC and ANAEROBIC workouts, Where AEROBIC WORKOUTS USE OXYGEN TO FUEL YOUR MUSCLES, ANEROBICS USE GLYCOGEN WHICH IS THEN REFUELED WITH TRIGLYCERIDES FROM YOUR FAT STORES. This is why diet is VERY VERY IMPORTANT, because IF YOU EAT TO MANY CARBS, YOUR BODY WILL NOT NEED TO BURN FAT TO FILL ITS GLYCOGEN STORES.

Lastly, its not just about calories, ITS ABOUT WHERE THEY COME FROM, NOT ALL CALORIES ARE CREATED EQUAL.

To lose fat and maintain your muscles, you need most of your calories from PROTEIN and you will need to eliminate calories from PROCESSED CARBS/SUGARS AND TRANS FATS. There are GOOD calories and then there are BAD calories.
    Is it possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time? or is it better to lose all the fat, get ripped and then work out to put muscle on

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Also guys, for student peeps trying to lose weight what is best to have for breakfast and lunch? For dinner I usually have chicken and white rice, miss breakfast usually and at lunch I eat this frozen pizza:

The other options for lunch would be a tuna sandwich or baggutte I guess or maybe fried chicken and a few chips; the carbs get you through the day

However am thinking of having a fruit smoothie for breakfast and lunch, then only eating solid food for dinner. Is that good for weight loss
    Last edited by shaz619; 3rd February 2016 at 19:54.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also guys, for student peeps trying to lose weight what is best to have for breakfast and lunch? For dinner I usually have chicken and white rice, miss breakfast usually and at lunch I eat this frozen pizza:

The other options for lunch would be a tuna sandwich or baggutte I guess or maybe fried chicken and a few chips; the carbs get you through the day

However am thinking of having a fruit smoothie for breakfast and lunch, then only eating solid food for dinner. Is that good for weight loss
    Bro I know as a student it's financially tasking but if you have smoothies for a month 3 times a day for all your meals. You lose a lot of fat. I remember Punk did it and he said it helped him slim down and lose that lil bit of fat. Gives you a lot more energy also but it's a lil bit expensive.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 I mean fruit and veggie smoothies. But they taste nasty.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    Bro I know as a student it's financially tasking but if you have smoothies for a month 3 times a day for all your meals. You lose a lot of fat. I remember Punk did it and he said it helped him slim down and lose that lil bit of fat. Gives you a lot more energy also but it's a lil bit expensive.

@shaz619 I mean fruit and veggie smoothies. But they taste nasty.

I recall you telling me that you dropped weight like that? Thing is I usually miss breakfast and then have a lunch similar to the frozen pizza I posted and then in the evening I have chicken and rice and sometimes I have some more carbs with that.

It can be tough for students and with me I live away from home as well. Am thinking having one fruit smoothies at either breakfast or lunch and then having chicken and rice in the evening for dinner. As my standard day. In between I'll train three times a week and on training days maybe eat a little more for my post work out food if I have put in a lot of effort in my work out.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ive had that brand of frozen pizzas before and u should just stop eating them no matter what ur fitness goal is. they are literally dripping in oil and fat! and they aren't even all that cheap tbh, u are better off eating mcdonalds seriously.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I recall you telling me that you dropped weight like that? Thing is I usually miss breakfast and then have a lunch similar to the frozen pizza I posted and then in the evening I have chicken and rice and sometimes I have some more carbs with that.

It can be tough for students and with me I live away from home as well. Am thinking having one fruit smoothies at either breakfast or lunch and then having chicken and rice in the evening for dinner. As my standard day. In between I'll train three times a week and on training days maybe eat a little more for my post work out food if I have put in a lot of effort in my work out.
    Tbh bro it depends on your metabolism as well. You get people who can eat junk won't put on weight and others who will pile on the pounds. I'm one of those but if I put effort in and train 3-4 times a week do my cardio I lose weight even if my diet isn't the best. Others have to regiment the diet as well. Obviously cutting fat and sugar from your diet will help in weight loss. And I haven't tried the shake diet myself my cousin did and he lost a stone in a month. But he has a decent job so he can afford it. I just did it by just going every day doing an hour cardio. My diet didn't change that much but I felt my appetite get smaller I couldn't eat as much as I used to. It was a lengthy process.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anuk View Post
    ive had that brand of frozen pizzas before and u should just stop eating them no matter what ur fitness goal is. they are literally dripping in oil and fat! and they aren't even all that cheap tbh, u are better off eating mcdonalds seriously.
    Come to think of it you're right, it cost me 3 quid! Mcdonalds is more expensive though. A portion of strawberries or grapes costs £2 and will last you a day or two

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Tbh bro it depends on your metabolism as well. You get people who can eat junk won't put on weight and others who will pile on the pounds. I'm one of those but if I put effort in and train 3-4 times a week do my cardio I lose weight even if my diet isn't the best. Others have to regiment the diet as well. Obviously cutting fat and sugar from your diet will help in weight loss. And I haven't tried the shake diet myself my cousin did and he lost a stone in a month. But he has a decent job so he can afford it. I just did it by just going every day doing an hour cardio. My diet didn't change that much but I felt my appetite get smaller I couldn't eat as much as I used to. It was a lengthy process.

True you remind me of my lil bro, the guy was so fat but started exercising everyday. With his diet it didn't change only the portions became smaller and after each meal he'd run up and down the stairs now he looks good mashaAllah. I think I'd have to control my diet a bit but I do think doing loads of exercise can help greatly even if diet isn't that great so long you don't eat too much. With the shake diet, at best I'd mix two different fruits at a time and mostly make a sheik out of banna/apple or bannana/strawberry and drink those all the time and maybe bannana/grape.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For breakfast, I would recommend oatmeal. The brand is called Mornflake stoneground whole oats and I get some from sainsburys. Cook them in milk and add some fruits.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Come to think of it you're right, it cost me 3 quid! Mcdonalds is more expensive though. A portion of strawberries or grapes costs £2 and will last you a day or two
    i do like their bolognese one and the pepperoni one and used to buy about 10 when they were on special. it's too expensive at the everyday price here in australia too - like AUD 7.50.

buy a can of chickpeas and a can of tuna. mix it together with some salt and pepper. that's a quick and easy lunch!

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    i've lost 14 kilos since the start of dec by mostly cutting out carbs and junk food for 6 days a week. i was never fat but i did want to lose some weight as i'm training for a marathon and it just wouldn't come off even while running long distances. but of course i've lost quite a bit of muscle mass as well, not sure if that's the goal of most people here.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    For breakfast, I would recommend oatmeal. The brand is called Mornflake stoneground whole oats and I get some from sainsburys. Cook them in milk and add some fruits.
    Am not a huge fan of Oatmeal, is there an alternative cereal? I like CookieCrisp

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    i do like their bolognese one and the pepperoni one and used to buy about 10 when they were on special. it's too expensive at the everyday price here in australia too - like AUD 7.50.

buy a can of chickpeas and a can of tuna. mix it together with some salt and pepper. that's a quick and easy lunch!
    i've lost 14 kilos since the start of dec by mostly cutting out carbs and junk food for 6 days a week. i was never fat but i did want to lose some weight as i'm training for a marathon and it just wouldn't come off even while running long distances. but of course i've lost quite a bit of muscle mass as well, not sure if that's the goal of most people here.
    Dislike chickpeas but wouldn't tuna in whole grain bread be fine? But yeah need to cut down carbs big time unless you do loads and loads of cardio. You can still put that muscle back on if you choose to

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time? or is it better to lose all the fat, get ripped and then work out to put muscle on
    Yes, its possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, you need the right diet with the right portions of carbs/fats/protein and you need to lift hard and hit every set to failure.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Yes, its possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, you need the right diet with the right portions of carbs/fats/protein and you need to lift hard and hit every set to failure.
    As a guideline what sort of guide would you say? and what balance between carbs/fats/protein, I guess the diet would mostly revolve around increased protein and little carbs/fats.

Hitting every set to failure as in perform each set as usual with 60-120 seconds rest in between (increasing the weight each time) and only stop performing the exercise when you're no longer able to achieve a rep during one of the sets

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Dislike chickpeas but wouldn't tuna in whole grain bread be fine? But yeah need to cut down carbs big time unless you do loads and loads of cardio. You can still put that muscle back on if you choose to
    should try to cut down on bread, wholemeal or not, as much as possible imo

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah body part splits are very inefficient. Protein synthesis takes between 24-48 hours so you're pretty much ready to hit the same muscle group 2 days later.

High frequency, high intensity, low volume is in my opinion best. So by that I mean, hit the muscle group as often every 2 days, lift heavy but don't knacker it by going to failure by doing 2-3 exercises on the same muscle. You just need to do enough to stimulate a growth response.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cardio isn't necessary for losing weight/fat gaining muscle. I'd still advise people to do it though - surely you actually want some athletic gains as well as aesthetic gains? Cardiovascular strength is a key component of that.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a cut I generally eat high fat, moderate protein low-zero carbs mainly because you feel less hungry - because high fat foods fill you up a lot more, and secondly your not messing with your hormones as much.

On a bulk, lower the fat and it's more carbs for more explosive performance in gym.

So for example my macros on my last cut were:

20g Carbs
    160g protein
    150g Fat

I lost around 1.5lbs a week on that at approximately 2000kcal per day.

My current bulk:

310g Carbs
    160g Protein
    120g Fat

Around 3000 kcals and I'm gaining approximately 0.6 lbs per week.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a guideline what sort of guide would you say? and what balance between carbs/fats/protein, I guess the diet would mostly revolve around increased protein and little carbs/fats.

Hitting every set to failure as in perform each set as usual with 60-120 seconds rest in between (increasing the weight each time) and only stop performing the exercise when you're no longer able to achieve a rep during one of the sets
    Guideline would depend on you.
    - How much bodyfat you have?
    - What is your weight? fatmass? lean body mass?
    - What is your RMR?
    - Then you would need to calculate how many calories you need to keep a deficit of 875 calories/day, which would make you loose 1.5lbs/fat per week.

Workout plan would be simple, 3/4 days a week, full body workout, rep range 8-12, 2/3 sets and hit them to complete failure, once you are able to achieve 12 reps in all sets of a movement, increase weight in next session and continue. In the beginning you will need to find the right weight to start, if you struggle to get to 8 reps, lower the weight, if you get to 12 to easily, make it heavier.

Other than that, you will need to follow diet strictly, have one fat flush day per week, meaning no carbs or fat, only protein, then you can have a cheat day once per week to refuel glycogen levels but dont take carbs above 400g.

Then you track, cardio is not needed, but HIIT will help however its only useful if your not achieving your goal of 1.5lbs fatloss per week. Its just another weapon in your arsenal, that is why tracking is very important.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    moves that work the whole body or a lot of muscle groups in one movement.

i.e. Deadlifts, Squats, Bench Press etc.
    Thanks

Can u help me with this please??

Okay i have a developed a weird condition since joining the gym. The tail bone hurts when i touch it. Doesnt hurt otherwise at all but when i touch it its like a pinching pain. Its only been 2 weeks in the gym and i am lifting really light weights . so i wanted to know is it normal????

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yeah body part splits are very inefficient. Protein synthesis takes between 24-48 hours so you're pretty much ready to hit the same muscle group 2 days later.

High frequency, high intensity, low volume is in my opinion best. So by that I mean, hit the muscle group as often every 2 days, lift heavy but don't knacker it by going to failure by doing 2-3 exercises on the same muscle. You just need to do enough to stimulate a growth response.
    I agree that high weights with moderate reps - 5 sets of 5 reps are more than enough, particularly when you're following the 5×5 program and also doing chin ups.

I don't think anyone here is attempting to become a bodybuilder, so everyone should stick to compound exercises which are really effective and do not was time in working the body.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone had experience with Branched-chain amino acid's or commonly known BCAA? More so specifically the one by Scivation? The supervisor of my Gym has literally forced me to buy one stating that it's great for muscle recovery as well as losing fats. Has anyone tried those? Any reviews?

TBH I am doing well with my Cardio-Weight training without any supplements.

The day d last tree died, d last river poisond & d last fish caught,we'll realize we can't eat money