Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 560 of 1325
  1. #481
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,570
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What are your top exercises guys to make your arms bigger ? and how frequently do you perform them per week
    I target peak and size on alternate weeks. One week peak and another week size. Apart from it i dedicate one day per week entirely to triceps. So basically i workout on my arms twice a week.

    My favourite exercise for arms are hammer curls, curved barbell curls, the concentration curl, skull crushers , kick backs and triceps dips.
    Last edited by Madplayer; 16th February 2017 at 06:09.

  2. #482
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,538
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I target peak and size on alternate weeks. One week peak and another week size. Apart from it i dedicate one day per week entirely to triceps. So basically i workout on my arms twice a week.

    My favourite exercise for arms are hammer curls, curved barbell curls, the concentration curl, skull crushers , kick backs and triceps dips.
    Hammer curls are my favourite to, do they work on the forearms as well? I think they do

  3. #483
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,538
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What are your top exercises guys to make your arms bigger ? and how frequently do you perform them per week
    @Haroon786

  4. #484
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,570
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Hammer curls are my favourite to, do they work on the forearms as well? I think they do
    I think they do. Infact quite a lot of exercises work on your forearms even if you dont intend them to. I prefer throwing in couple of extra exercises for forearms from time to time though. It would look really awkward if you have nice upper arms but not so good forearms.

  5. #485
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    1,152
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Too late for that son, I ruptured a disc in my early twenties and was this close to having surgery to screw the vertebrae together. Lifting weights really helps with the pain management, the increased core strength from squats and deadlifts takes a lot of pressure off the back.
    i am going through this issue right now just started doing gym again because I was not even avble to bend my back or walk properly

  6. #486
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    19,146
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSmart View Post
    i am going through this issue right now just started doing gym again because I was not even avble to bend my back or walk properly
    Make sure to start with an empty barbell and work your way up from there. It feels like taking it too easy but programs like Starting Strength have you advancing to decent weights really quickly and it's a great way to groove the correct form

  7. #487
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    1,152
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Make sure to start with an empty barbell and work your way up from there. It feels like taking it too easy but programs like Starting Strength have you advancing to decent weights really quickly and it's a great way to groove the correct form
    Yes you are right but whole last year was horrible for me gained weight from 164 to 180 lbs because due to accident I had some back issues and Chiropractic messes it up by leaving me with sciatica

  8. #488
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,637
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Leg day coming up


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  9. #489
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,968
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Leg day coming up
    Man driving after leg day and then using the toilet two days after leg day. Stuff which nightmares are made of


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  10. #490
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,570
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Leg day coming up
    Same here :

  11. #491
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,538
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Man driving after leg day and then using the toilet two days after leg day. Stuff which nightmares are made of
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Leg day coming up
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Same here :
    Allow that am focusing on the upper body like @Haroon786 want them big guns yo!



    Training for a kabbadi match vs @SL_Fan we coming for you!

  12. #492
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    15,934
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Dips, tricep extensions, barbell curls, hammer curls, dumbbell curls, concentration curls and chin ups.

    Any type of over head presses also hit triceps.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  13. #493
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,538
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    Dips, tricep extensions, barbell curls, hammer curls, dumbbell curls, concentration curls and chin ups.

    Any type of over head presses also hit triceps.
    Are they alright to perform in the 5x5 format or do you preform 3 sets per exercise with up to 10 reps each

  14. #494
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    15,934
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Are they alright to perform in the 5x5 format or do you preform 3 sets per exercise with up to 10 reps each
    Usually the latter as the weight enables me to perform more reps, however, if you're feeling arrogant and want to max out then I suggest the former too. A mixture of volume and strength is the best combination as per my experience.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  15. #495
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,538
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    Usually the latter as the weight enables me to perform more reps, however, if you're feeling arrogant and want to max out then I suggest the former too. A mixture of volume and strength is the best combination as per my experience.
    Thanks will combine both, going to specifically target my biceps, triceps, forearms and shoulders from now on and leave the other body parts until later.

  16. #496
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    15,934
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Thanks will combine both, going to specifically target my biceps, triceps, forearms and shoulders from now on and leave the other body parts until later.
    @Madplayer actually has suggested quite similar exercises to my ones, also a good set.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  17. #497
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,637
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Man driving after leg day and then using the toilet two days after leg day. Stuff which nightmares are made of
    Yeah. I will be sore for two weeks at least after hitting the legs.

    I have only skipped legs once before and that was when I started going to gym initially.

    Anyway, that's for later. Hitting chests tomorrow which's going to be good.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  18. #498
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,971
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol my workout is exclusively leg day and I don't have the much dreaded soreness. Sure I'll be sore for the rest of the day but back to normal by the next day.


    Maybe because I have been playing soccer all my life and still play at a good level and my legs are used to taking a pounding.

    My workout everyday time I hit the gym is 5 sets deadlift, 5 sets leg press, 3 sets flat bench, 2 sets incline bench, 15 minutes inclined brisk walk/jog. This coupled with the soccer league matches I play on Sundays keeps me in good shape.

  19. #499
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,968
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Yeah. I will be sore for two weeks at least after hitting the legs.

    I have only skipped legs once before and that was when I started going to gym initially.

    Anyway, that's for later. Hitting chests tomorrow which's going to be good.
    Lol, tomorrow as in Sunday or Monday? Mondays have such a line for the bench press machines as everyone does chest. In US Mondays are also called national bench press day


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  20. #500
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,968
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Allow that am focusing on the upper body like @Haroon786 want them big guns yo!



    Training for a kabbadi match vs @SL_Fan we coming for you!
    If you have weak core and legs your progress will soon stop


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  21. #501
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,968
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Lol my workout is exclusively leg day and I don't have the much dreaded soreness. Sure I'll be sore for the rest of the day but back to normal by the next day.


    Maybe because I have been playing soccer all my life and still play at a good level and my legs are used to taking a pounding.

    My workout everyday time I hit the gym is 5 sets deadlift, 5 sets leg press, 3 sets flat bench, 2 sets incline bench, 15 minutes inclined brisk walk/jog. This coupled with the soccer league matches I play on Sundays keeps me in good shape.
    Yes, eventually your legs adapt unless you are overdoing it. DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness) reduces with time


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  22. #502
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,538
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    If you have weak core and legs your progress will soon stop
    It's generally a good idea the full body workout but I don't see why you can't make your arms bigger if you specifically targeted them or the shoulders

  23. #503
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,637
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Lol, tomorrow as in Sunday or Monday? Mondays have such a line for the bench press machines as everyone does chest. In US Mondays are also called national bench press day
    Monday.

    Yeah, I'm very well aware of that. I'm usually one of the first to reach gym in the evening so don't see that being a problem.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  24. #504
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    7,464
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I thought there was a thread on this already but seems there is only one related to Ramzan workouts. So lets start a general thread.

    To begin with I have a question about how to maintain your workout gains during periods when you are not frequenting the gym.

    While in an ideal world you would want to be regularly working out throughout the year, every year, I have come to accept that this is something I just cannot do due to my habits and personality.

    I can go crazy on fitness for 7-8 months, workout regularly 5 days a week for 2 hours each. Get lean and also increase muscle mass whatever but then I just reach a breaking point and stop doing it and quit cold turkey. For the first months or 2, there is no discernible difference but then the face fat starts coming in, start getting a bit of a beer belly and lose definition in the arms by the 3rd month or so. This continues for a couple of more months until I have an epiphany that I'm losing all my hard work. So I go back and the whole process starts again on repeat.

    Now my main issue is that in this 4-5 month period I just cannot bring myself to go to the gym. The whole going to the gym and driving back is what I dread and has been an issue ever since I graduated from college and now dont have the university gym wthiin a 10 mins walking distance.

    I am thinking of investing in some home equipment for basic weight exercise (dumb bells/free weights, bar, mat and maybe a pull up bar. What would you guys advise to buy assuming I have a limited budget but still reasonable amount? The aim is to use these in the period when I dont feel like or have the time to go to the gym.

    Secondly what would be a suggested workout plan to maintain a lean figure (achieved through cardio) through these limited workout equipment? Is it even possible to initially lose fat through weight exercises? Or is cardio the only way as it has been in my experience. Its never a lot but I like to be lean. How does the science work. Mind you the diet is a typical Pakistani diet so not ideal.

    Any other advice?
    Any advice for improving cardio fitness?

    Was playing soccer/football today and got absolutely gassed after 45 minutes

  25. #505
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,570
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Any advice for improving cardio fitness?

    Was playing soccer/football today and got absolutely gassed after 45 minutes
    Jump rope

    Running

    Low budget and effective.

  26. #506
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    7,464
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Jump rope

    Running

    Low budget and effective.
    What distance and speed?

    I can do about 3 miles right now but anything more will be a challenge

  27. #507
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,637
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The real pain is losing chubbiness off the face. I have always focused on getting jacked instead of actually losing weight which is starting to haunt me.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  28. #508
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,790
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    The real pain is losing chubbiness off the face. I have always focused on getting jacked instead of actually losing weight which is starting to haunt me.
    I used to be chubby, but then I started running and skipping lunch. Now I have no double chin or fat face. Even though I have gone back to old diet.

  29. #509
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    466
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been ill recently and I have lost a lot of weight can someone tell me how to gain weight.

  30. #510
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,637
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I used to be chubby, but then I started running and skipping lunch. Now I have no double chin or fat face. Even though I have gone back to old diet.
    Running on treadmill or just the usual jogging outside?


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  31. #511
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,971
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Summer is round the corner, will be playing alot of soccer. Need to build/maintain alot of strength for all those rough tackles

    However, can't put on too much muscle as I'll have to be nimble and able to run fast


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  32. #512
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,790
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Running on treadmill or just the usual jogging outside?
    Outside. Have to admit that my knees and ankles are fairly weak from running and I'm not even 20 yet. I would recommend to do it 2 times a week. 3 max.

  33. #513
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,637
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When someone tries to correct my form... be gone!

    Name:  17077568_1511125432263518_8451824313664798720_n.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  36.8 KB


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  34. #514
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,951
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had those protein pancakes didn't I to celebrate pancake day ;). They taste nice, just make sure you mash a banana first to make it thick then just add protein powder, egg, cinnamon, some milk and then make it. delicious

  35. #515
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,031
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anybody know of any good push pull / full body workout programs, looking for something focused on compound movements. I only have 2 months where I can workout so what to make the best of the avaliable time

  36. #516
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,741
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Down to 68kg from 73kg. Not bad.

  37. #517
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,570
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    What distance and speed?
    Damn, i didnt see this post. Sorry.

    To begin with, go for half a kilometer at normal jogging speed and then half a km back. Do this for a few days. If you feel you can do more distance , then go for it.

    After a few days when stamina would increase, add a few more meters but always keep in mind that you have to get back home.

    When you start feeling that you can do more than this, add small bursts of fast running in between. Eg. 100 meters normal jogging and then 20 meters fast jogging and then 200 meters normal jogging and so on. With time, increase the fast running distance.

    Also, I seriously recommend jump ropes for cardio. Its better for your knees as well because unlike running, your weight falls on both feet during skipping rope so its better for long term health and takes lesser time than running. Also you can do it at home which is always an advantage.

  38. #518
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,570
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    When someone tries to correct my form... be gone!

    Name:  17077568_1511125432263518_8451824313664798720_n.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  36.8 KB
    Happens all the time. A few days back i was doing weighted shrugs in the gym when this 14 year old (he looked 14, LOL) came and stood in front of me and started directing me. When i finished, I handed the two dumbbells to him, took a step back and enjoyed watching him struggle to put them back on the rack

  39. #519
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,570
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Down to 68kg from 73kg. Not bad.
    How much time did it take?

  40. #520
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,741
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    How much time did it take?
    A couple of weeks. Due to health reasons, I've had to cut out all forms of junk food and eat in moderation. Makes a huge difference.

  41. #521
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    7,464
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Damn, i didnt see this post. Sorry.

    To begin with, go for half a kilometer at normal jogging speed and then half a km back. Do this for a few days. If you feel you can do more distance , then go for it.

    After a few days when stamina would increase, add a few more meters but always keep in mind that you have to get back home.

    When you start feeling that you can do more than this, add small bursts of fast running in between. Eg. 100 meters normal jogging and then 20 meters fast jogging and then 200 meters normal jogging and so on. With time, increase the fast running distance.

    Also, I seriously recommend jump ropes for cardio. Its better for your knees as well because unlike running, your weight falls on both feet during skipping rope so its better for long term health and takes lesser time than running. Also you can do it at home which is always an advantage.
    Great thanks for the tips!

  42. #522
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,358
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Today is my Return to the Gym


    #MPGA

  43. #523
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    3,184
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Today is my Return to the Gym
    You've made more returns to the gym than Akmals have made to the Pakistan team


    Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

  44. #524
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,358
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    You've made more returns to the gym than Akmals have made to the Pakistan team
    maybe one Akmal!

    no way the whole akmal clan :ukmal :adnan


    #MPGA

  45. #525
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,790
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bulk season is officially over. I have started running again.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  46. #526
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    7,217
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Bulk season is officially over. I have started running again.
    Stop running. Face your problems head on! Be a man.

  47. #527
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,790
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Stop running. Face your problems head on! Be a man.
    Well if you read my user name correctly, I am a man.

    By running I mean jogging around the streets. Mainly to cut fat, improve cardiovascular levels, and gain muscles in legs.

    I don't know if you knew that already, but, alas.

  48. #528
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,492
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Legs are pretty good but my upper body is a twig.. need some gains!


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  49. #529
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,790
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Legs are pretty good but my upper body is a twig.. need some gains!
    Two words: Chicken Karahi

  50. #530
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,567
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Well if you read my user name correctly, I am a man.

    By running I mean jogging around the streets. Mainly to cut fat, improve cardiovascular levels, and gain muscles in legs.

    I don't know if you knew that already, but, alas.
    Cut fat.... debatable. You will get quicker change in body composition with lactic acid training.

    Improve cardiovascular... yes

    Gain muscle in legs.... no, ever seen a jogger with muscular legs?

  51. #531
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,790
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Cut fat.... debatable. You will get quicker change in body composition with lactic acid training.

    Improve cardiovascular... yes

    Gain muscle in legs.... no, ever seen a jogger with muscular legs?
    Yes, yes and yes. Because I have been running for years now and I know the effect that it has on my body.

  52. #532
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,492
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Cut fat.... debatable. You will get quicker change in body composition with lactic acid training.

    Improve cardiovascular... yes

    Gain muscle in legs.... no, ever seen a jogger with muscular legs?
    Your legs are the things taking you forward, if you don't have muscular legs how will you run???


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  53. #533
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,492
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Two words: Chicken Karahi
    ?? Helps how??


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  54. #534
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,790
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    ?? Helps how??
    Gainszz

    I don't drink protein shakes like @aliasad1998 @Abdul

    All of my muscle comes from Desi diet. Karahi, Nihari, Qeema, you name it! I'm stronger than ever and not even close to being fat.

  55. #535
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,637
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Gainszz

    I don't drink protein shakes like @aliasad1998 @Abdul

    All of my muscle comes from Desi diet. Karahi, Nihari, Qeema, you name it! I'm stronger than ever and not even close to being fat.
    Nope, it's always the pre workout flex.



    Gangster rap made me do it.

  56. #536
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello brothers. Which one of these ab wheels would you prefer for home workout?



    I am looking to go with a single wheel as I want my routine to be as intense as possible. But I am afraid it could be too much, so a progression with wider or double wheel could be a smarter thing to do.

    As a measure of my current core strength, I can hold 3+ minute perfect planks, so I think I should be fine with a single wheel. But then again, I have never tried it, so would love some guidance.

  57. #537
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,492
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So I'm pretty skinny and I want to gain muscle, how should my diet be?


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  58. #538
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    2,399
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamer View Post
    I have been ill recently and I have lost a lot of weight can someone tell me how to gain weight.
    A quality protein shake with skimmed milk, banana, peanut butter - Blend and drink between morning snack and lunch time.

    Try just for two weeks. works like charm.

  59. #539
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,871
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    So I'm pretty skinny and I want to gain muscle, how should my diet be?


    I used to be 45kg in school days then I joined gym and in a year I went upto 71 kg.. Now for last 9 years I have been regular in gym and in last 5 years I am performing martial arts and boxing..

    Key to gaining weight is eating a healthy balanced diet.. IIRC you were 13 year old right? Don't worry too much about being skinny right now play football or basketball or any decent physical sport for 2-3 hours a day, drink 2 glasses of milk a day, eat meat.. Key to gaining weight is to gain muscle mass not fat so eat less but frequently.. Try to eat 5 small meals a day with fruits included in evening..

  60. #540
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,871
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't understand the fascination of brown guys with upper body, 80% of the people I see in my gym focus twice or thrice as hard on upper body than lower body/core.. Also the best excercise is deadlift and I hardly see anyone doing it wonder why?

  61. #541
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,871
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamer View Post
    I have been ill recently and I have lost a lot of weight can someone tell me how to gain weight.


    Eat 5-6 times a day small meals.. Rather than eating 3 big meals eat 5-6 smaller meals.. Count the amount of calorie in your daily intake and keep increasing it by 300-500 every week.. If your doctor advises start working out again or playing sports..

  62. #542
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,538
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    I don't understand the fascination of brown guys with upper body, 80% of the people I see in my gym focus twice or thrice as hard on upper body than lower body/core.. Also the best excercise is deadlift and I hardly see anyone doing it wonder why?
    The deadlift is my favourite, breaks a real sweat and works on multiple muscles.

    I suppose they want to get rid of the body fat and have bigger arms given that it's a great look so they are too lazy to work on the lower body. Obviously though either way a full body work out and a focus on the core tends to be recommended for improved development


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  63. #543
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,828
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Here in the US, more and more people are realizing the error of their ways and ditching the upper-body-centric "brosplits." The cobwebs are off the squat racks, so to speak. Full-body strength routines are popular again.


    Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

  64. #544
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,828
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Does anyone here ride mountain bikes?

    I'm being pressured into buying one, because my team at work are all avid mountain bikers and they want everyone to bike during lunch, as a team building exercise (not to mention the actual exercise). Lets just say my trip to the bike shop was an eye-opener. Bikes today have dual suspensions, like motorbikes. Hydraulic disk brakes. Carbon fiber or even titanium frames. They are works of art, and they're not cheap.

    I'll have to shell out a pretty penny, but at least its good cardio, or so I hear. Also apparently you must mountain bike in Colorado, because Colorado put the mountain in mountain bike.


    Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

  65. #545
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,871
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    The deadlift is my favourite, breaks a real sweat and works on multiple muscles.

    I suppose they want to get rid of the body fat and have bigger arms given that it's a great look so they are too lazy to work on the lower body. Obviously though either way a full body work out and a focus on the core tends to be recommended for improved development

    Yea to each their own I guess.. I remember when I first joined gym back in college it was a desi gym and the trainer had the motto lift big weights without caring about the form nothing on compound exercise or anything the desi mindset of build big muscles.. Slowly with the advancement of internet I got to learn about the real workouts..

  66. #546
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,492
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    I used to be 45kg in school days then I joined gym and in a year I went upto 71 kg.. Now for last 9 years I have been regular in gym and in last 5 years I am performing martial arts and boxing..

    Key to gaining weight is eating a healthy balanced diet.. IIRC you were 13 year old right? Don't worry too much about being skinny right now play football or basketball or any decent physical sport for 2-3 hours a day, drink 2 glasses of milk a day, eat meat.. Key to gaining weight is to gain muscle mass not fat so eat less but frequently.. Try to eat 5 small meals a day with fruits included in evening..
    I'm almost 15, and I'm so weak, weakest out of all my friends, no joke. It's not like I'm not active, I'm active pretty much everyday, at least in the summer. I play soccer with friends and also play cricket. I'm always out-muscled in sports. That's why I worry.

    On to what I actually eat, I eat 2 eggs everyday in the morning (love eggs, never miss a day) with roti or in a bagel, drink milk, my mom usually makes me a burger for lunch, come home adn eat whatever my mom made, some saalan or rice with meat. At night I usually eat cereal. Also I eat a banana, couple of oranges and like 2 or 3 dates every day. Oh and I limit myself to one junk item a day, usually like a little granola bar, sometimes I have plain cake.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  67. #547
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,871
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    I'm almost 15, and I'm so weak, weakest out of all my friends, no joke. It's not like I'm not active, I'm active pretty much everyday, at least in the summer. I play soccer with friends and also play cricket. I'm always out-muscled in sports. That's why I worry.

    On to what I actually eat, I eat 2 eggs everyday in the morning (love eggs, never miss a day) with roti or in a bagel, drink milk, my mom usually makes me a burger for lunch, come home adn eat whatever my mom made, some saalan or rice with meat. At night I usually eat cereal. Also I eat a banana, couple of oranges and like 2 or 3 dates every day. Oh and I limit myself to one junk item a day, usually like a little granola bar, sometimes I have plain cake.

    It's ok mate I understand when I was your age I had the same issue, I was most skinny person in my class.. I used to be one of the most active person in sports but still skinny..

    I don't know if this will help you at your current age but when I gained huge muscle I followed a simple formula I got online from some site.. I don't remember everything in diet chart but the basic Crux was to calculate the amount of calories you eat a day and increase it every week by 200-300.. To get to 3000-3500 calorie a day (for an adult male looking to build muscle, not sure if this is applicable to you) you need to eat 5-6 meals a day.. So try eating light meals in between your major meals..

    Also as kids lots of kids have "pet Mei keede" not sure if you guys know what it is over there but that's how we call it here.. Get checked for that and if you have then get the medicines to get rid of them..

  68. #548
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,492
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Does anyone here ride mountain bikes?

    I'm being pressured into buying one, because my team at work are all avid mountain bikers and they want everyone to bike during lunch, as a team building exercise (not to mention the actual exercise). Lets just say my trip to the bike shop was an eye-opener. Bikes today have dual suspensions, like motorbikes. Hydraulic disk brakes. Carbon fiber or even titanium frames. They are works of art, and they're not cheap.

    I'll have to shell out a pretty penny, but at least its good cardio, or so I hear. Also apparently you must mountain bike in Colorado, because Colorado put the mountain in mountain bike.
    If it's just for casual use I;d suggest you go to your local Walmart and get a decent $150 bike. Bike shops are going to cost you a lot for your use.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  69. #549
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,828
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    If it's just for casual use I;d suggest you go to your local Walmart and get a decent $150 bike. Bike shops are going to cost you a lot for your use.
    That's just it, it isn't for casual use. Some of the trails nearby aren't for the faint of heart.


    Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

  70. #550
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,567
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    The deadlift is my favourite, breaks a real sweat and works on multiple muscles.

    I suppose they want to get rid of the body fat and have bigger arms given that it's a great look so they are too lazy to work on the lower body. Obviously though either way a full body work out and a focus on the core tends to be recommended for improved development
    If you want a step up from the normal deadlift varieties, try the zercher deadlift. It's a deadlift and squat combined...

    https://www.t-nation.com/videos/tip-...rcher-deadlift

  71. #551
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,567
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    So I'm pretty skinny and I want to gain muscle, how should my diet be?
    Be in calorific surplus with a high protein content and go and lift weights. The program should revolve around squats, deadlifts, bench/dumbell press, pull ups/chin ups and carries (carry a weight in your hands walk for 30-60 secs). You can add in a day exclusively for the show muscles.

  72. #552
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,492
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    It's ok mate I understand when I was your age I had the same issue, I was most skinny person in my class.. I used to be one of the most active person in sports but still skinny..

    I don't know if this will help you at your current age but when I gained huge muscle I followed a simple formula I got online from some site.. I don't remember everything in diet chart but the basic Crux was to calculate the amount of calories you eat a day and increase it every week by 200-300.. To get to 3000-3500 calorie a day (for an adult male looking to build muscle, not sure if this is applicable to you) you need to eat 5-6 meals a day.. So try eating light meals in between your major meals..

    Also as kids lots of kids have "pet Mei keede" not sure if you guys know what it is over there but that's how we call it here.. Get checked for that and if you have then get the medicines to get rid of them..
    Thanks for the advice.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  73. #553
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,492
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Be in calorific surplus with a high protein content and go and lift weights. The program should revolve around squats, deadlifts, bench/dumbell press, pull ups/chin ups and carries (carry a weight in your hands walk for 30-60 secs). You can add in a day exclusively for the show muscles.
    I'm going to join the gym starting in July, no point right now as it's almost Ramzaan.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  74. #554
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,892
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Has anyone tried the Ketogenic diet? What were your experiences and for how long did you stick to it. Also, when you tried the Keto diet, did you revert back to your orignial diet? What were the side effects?


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  75. #555
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,828
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Has anyone tried the Ketogenic diet? What were your experiences and for how long did you stick to it. Also, when you tried the Keto diet, did you revert back to your orignial diet? What were the side effects?
    I was on it for a few months. Atkins, to be precise, since there are a number of keto diets. Atkins limits not only the number of grams of carbs in the various phases, it also lists which carbs you can eat.

    As for experiences, the only tough part was induction, i.e. entering ketosis. After two days, my glycogen was used up, and that's when the notorious "keto flu" hit me. It didn't last long for me, only a couple of days, but I know one guy who had it for four weeks. Once that was done, and I was in ketosis, it was smooth sailing for the most part. Carb cravings did occur, but I learnt soon that they pass as quickly as they come. Weight loss was rapid in the beginning, as expected, because the glycogen was used up so quickly (along with the water that is stored with the glycogen). The weight loss stabilized, again, as expected, and I could really tell it was entirely fat, because there were significant changes in the way my body looked.

    I didn't consciously come off it, it just happened. One day of not having low-carb meals available turned to two, and so on. I did not regain all that weight. After regaining a few pounds of glycogen and water, weight loss resumed, since I was still eating healthy, counting calories, and on the Intermittent Fasting regimen.

    There were two other people I know who were already on the diet, and they told me to drink a lot of water, or you risk kidney damage. I worked my way up to a gallon of water a day before I attempted keto.

    If you're willing to stick with it, it can be a great way to ease off the unhealthy carbs. Atkins does introduce healthy carbs in phases so that you're able to find your personal sweet spot, pun intended, where you're losing at the rate you want or maintaining. I'm off keto, but I still diligently avoid unhealthy carbs. Another thing it did was remove my fear of eating fat. It really isn't the enemy, junk carbs are.

    One drawback initially was having no glycogen to lift weights. However, if you stick with it, you'll eventually be "keto-adapted," which is different from simply being in ketosis. There are many athletes who are keto-adapted and have no problems with strenuous exercise, because they're at a stage where their bodies burn fat, not ketones (which are a byproduct of fat usage), during exercise.
    Last edited by Nostalgic; 5th May 2017 at 03:21.


    Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

  76. #556
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,892
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    I was on it for a few months. Atkins, to be precise, since there are a number of keto diets. Atkins limits not only the number of grams of carbs in the various phases, it also lists which carbs you can eat.

    As for experiences, the only tough part was induction, i.e. entering ketosis. After two days, my glycogen was used up, and that's when the notorious "keto flu" hit me. It didn't last long for me, only a couple of days, but I know one guy who had it for four weeks. Once that was done, and I was in ketosis, it was smooth sailing for the most part. Carb cravings did occur, but I learnt soon that they pass as quickly as they come. Weight loss was rapid in the beginning, as expected, because the glycogen was used up so quickly (along with the water that is stored with the glycogen). The weight loss stabilized, again, as expected, and I could really tell it was entirely fat, because there were significant changes in the way my body looked.

    I didn't consciously come off it, it just happened. One day of not having low-carb meals available turned to two, and so on. I did not regain all that weight. After regaining a few pounds of glycogen and water, weight loss resumed, since I was still eating healthy, counting calories, and on the Intermittent Fasting regimen.

    There were two other people I know who were already on the diet, and they told me to drink a lot of water, or you risk kidney damage. I worked my way up to a gallon of water a day before I attempted keto.

    If you're willing to stick with it, it can be a great way to ease off the unhealthy carbs. Atkins does introduce healthy carbs in phases so that you're able to find your personal sweet spot, pun intended, where you're losing at the rate you want or maintaining. I'm off keto, but I still diligently avoid unhealthy carbs. Another thing it did was remove my fear of eating fat. It really isn't the enemy, junk carbs are.

    One drawback initially was having no glycogen to lift weights. However, if you stick with it, you'll eventually be "keto-adapted," which is different from simply being in ketosis. There are many athletes who are keto-adapted and have no problems with strenuous exercise, because they're at a stage where their bodies burn fat, not ketones (which are a byproduct of fat usage), during exercise.
    Thank you. This was really informative. See, I'm looking to eat healthier and trying to get my parents to eat healthier as well but the staple of our diet, or most desi household diets revolves around rice and roti which have a lot of carbs. This is the most difficult part for them to give up and they often ask me what they would eat instead. I understand that keto diets revolve around meats, seafood, and chicken which seems so bland for them.

    What I'm looking to do is make small changes to their diets instead of abruptly putting them on the keto diet, so start off with maybe one meal a day where it's low carb, high fat. Do you think there is a big difference between a Keto diet and a low-carb, high fat diet?

    Also, you mentioned that junk carbs aren't good, so is there any alternatives to white rice and roti which they can easily substitute? Do you recommend a simple switch to brown rice and whole wheat roti? Would it make a big difference?

    And also, one last question for myself, what foods did you eat on your keto diet, and were you very strict while measuring the portions? or did you just eyeball 'em? Thanks.


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  77. #557
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,608
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is eating too many egg whites harmful in summer season? How much egg whites should I eat per day on an average so that it doesn't have any side effect?

  78. #558
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    1,189
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a general question about weight loss. In my house, you can't eat anything except desi foods (roti & rice). I cant cook myself so us making any alternative diet is out of the question for time being.

    Is there any way to lose belly fat by relying on this diet. I have lost some 2 kg in the past three months. I walk 30-40 minutes daily. No cold drinks, no sweets and no junk food. But cant seem to lose the belly fat.

  79. #559
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    12,419
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @TQ89 trust me you can easily cook chicken breast leg lamb steak and lamb chops. You just put them in a griddle pan bit of olive oil.or coconut oil n it takes 5-10 mins to make.

    u can season the chicken with all desi spices so u dont have to have it bland.

    Im a very average cook and ive managed to do this so far.

    Also eat a lot more greens like lettuce cucumber n mushrooms n tomatoes are good too.

    Almonds cashews pecan nuts are good.for a snack instead of say a chocolate or.crisp.

    switch coke/pepsi for water

    n try cut out toast n heavy cereals like.porridge n weetabix.

    boiled eggs for breakfast are really good.

  80. #560
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    12,419
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Nostalgic i've just started a keto style diet 5 days in ?

    how much weight did u lose.

    and when did u start reintegrating carbs back into your diet. What would u describe as good and bad carbs


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •