Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TQ89 View Post
    Thanks to the auggestions in the thread i have made some changes in my diet. I now have grilled chicken for lunch and corn flour roti in dinner.

Now i want to incorporate some bodyweight exercise to strenghten the muscle as i have a pretty sedentary lifestyle for the last 12 years or so. Didn't play sports in high school or uni and now job takes all the time i have. Also am slighly obese because of long sitting habit

I joined a gym too three months. I had to quit it after 40 days. The pain in my muscles was too much to bear. My forearms and back would constantly ach throughout the day as these muscles werent hit in a decade. This went on for like 3 weeks. The pain would subside after 24 hours. As soon as i hit the gym, it would again start coming back. Cramps all over my back, triceps and shoulders.

My willpower was pretty much on the ropes when i in a fit of over-inspiration decided toprogress to leg-day. I couldn't drive couldn't stand couldn't go to the toilet the day afterwards because of pain. Whatever resolve i had just evaporated after that and i quit.

Now i want to do bodyweight exercises so i have at least minimal muscle endurance and be able to do weights in the future. Thankfully I have found a park where there are pushup benches and pullup/chinup bars and couple of other stuff i can use for bodyweight and i go there four times a week.

I want tips how to do pullups/chinups for an absolute beginner as i have a hard time even hanging from the rod and my muscles start aching just like when i worked them out in the gym. Makes me feel so weak and childlike ****** that i can't even do one damn pullup
    There are assisted pull up/chin up machines that help you gain strength so you can eventually do them

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Scitt Herman and Athlean X are the only 2 people you really need advice from. They have videos that cover everything and most importantly, are completely natural athletes.
    Man Athlean X's videos are so helpful, and you can actually trust him because he's a physical therapist (or something like that, can't exactly remember) and has been employed by baseball teams so you know he's not gonna say ** bro science.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scitt Herman and Athlean X are the only 2 people you really need advice from. They have videos that cover everything and most importantly, are completely natural athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Man Athlean X's videos are so helpful, and you can actually trust him because he's a physical therapist (or something like that, can't exactly remember) and has been employed by baseball teams so you know he's not gonna say ** bro science.
    buff dudes as well. great videos.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    buff dudes as well. great videos.
    Yeah I like buff dudes as well, anabolic aliens are also really under rated

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    About time to start straight bulking again when the sweater szn starts.

The mini cut went whatever.

Be brave and be fearless, and for God's sake, stand up for yourself.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Went to the gym consistently over summer, would go 3 days then take a rest day. Would do Back, shoulders and chest, and abs, biceps and triceps on the 3 separate days then rest a day. I biked to the gym which was 2.5 KM away so I didn't bother doing legs.

I'm pretty proud of myself for going consistently tbh.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Went to the gym consistently over summer, would go 3 days then take a rest day. Would do Back, shoulders and chest, and abs, biceps and triceps on the 3 separate days then rest a day. I biked to the gym which was 2.5 KM away so I didn't bother doing legs.

Have you been eating the right amount of protein required?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

do you feel any difference?

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    And? What's exactly wrong with that even if he did? All professional bodybuilders take them at some point in their careers. If anyone thinks otherwise, they're either misinformed or just delusional. Arnold Schwarzenegger was the main person who popularized the usage of steroids. It's common sense that you have to take them if you plan on competing professionally.

I plan on taking them also but not yet. Will wait until I'm 25.
    Anabolic steroids in your 20s is unnecessary in my opinion, I would wait till you are at least 30. Being a desi, your main objective should be your diet, it doesn't matter what steroids you use, if you are eating the desi diet you will never achieve the physique you have visioned. Most anabolic steroids will give you water weight, human growth hormone is what you want to look into, if you want more tissue on bone....

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro there is no way that biking to the gym will give you optimal leg gains. A proper leg day aches real bad and is so difficult, I dread every leg day even though my leg workouts are never that good. Biking is not a substitute for proper leg exercises such as squats, lunges, deadlifts, leg press etc. I would recommend training legs on their own. Biking doesn't count as leg day bro

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Have you been eating the right amount of protein required?
    Yeah, I calculated how much I would need and it was around 90 grams (.8 gram per lb of bodyweight) and I meet that most days.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Bro there is no way that biking to the gym will give you optimal leg gains. A proper leg day aches real bad and is so difficult, I dread every leg day even though my leg workouts are never that good. Biking is not a substitute for proper leg exercises such as squats, lunges, deadlifts, leg press etc. I would recommend training legs on their own. Biking doesn't count as leg day bro
    its 5KM going and coming back, plus I usually play soccer later in the day so if I'm to do legs as well I won't be able to play soccer properly. When it starts snowing and it's too cold to play soccer (November -March) I will do legs regularly as I will have nothing else to do.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    do you feel any difference?
    To be honest, not much, but 2 months isn't really that long to make a big difference.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    Anabolic steroids in your 20s is unnecessary in my opinion, I would wait till you are at least 30. Being a desi, your main objective should be your diet, it doesn't matter what steroids you use, if you are eating the desi diet you will never achieve the physique you have visioned. Most anabolic steroids will give you water weight, human growth hormone is what you want to look into, if you want more tissue on bone....
    Already given up on subcontinental foods a long time ago.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My calves have gotten way bigger it's true that genetics play a huge part but that ain't no excuse for not training them.

People are just pansies.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I concur. If calves are not trained, how do you expect them to grow up into sturdy cows and bulls? How?

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    I concur. If calves are not trained, how do you expect them to grow up into sturdy cows and bulls? How?
    That's not the topic at hand. I guess what you're trying to say is a...

moot point.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Depends on what for - I prefer Mark Rippetoe and the strong lifts guy.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    That's not the topic at hand. I guess what you're trying to say is a...

moot point.
    It doesn't behoove you to contradict me in this manner. I'll have you know I won't be cowed. In fact, I'll adopt an even more bullish attitude.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    Depends on what for - I prefer Mark Rippetoe and the strong lifts guy.
    I'm now on Johnny Pain's Greyskull program. He's an ex-student of Rippetoe's, and his program has a couple of tweaks to Starting Strength that makes it even better. Look it up.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I'm now on Johnny Pain's Greyskull program. He's an ex-student of Rippetoe's, and his program has a couple of tweaks to Starting Strength that makes it even better. Look it up.
    Hey, thanks. Haven't done weights in a while due to a busted shoulder but as soon as I get it fixed will do so.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Italia-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Started to hit the gym recently. Hoping to gain some lean muscles and most importantly some signs of Packs

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you keep doing push ups only will you gain any strength and mass?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You will gain strength for sure and your arms will have more vascularity. In 2013 I could barely do 10 pushups, but then the following year I just kept trying to do more and more every week, till I can do about 35 now. I can see the veins in my forearms now even though I'm around the same weight I was 2 years ago. It was this one site I used: onehundredpushups.com or sth like that it's a multiple week program after which technically you will be able to do a 100 pushups by the end, but id just get to week 4 or 5 and then get distracted lol. Maybe will give it a proper try now.

But it's hard to gain mass from pushups alone.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my 30's, would Anavar and other mild ones help me.

I have just lost almost 18% fat and im at 17%.

Only issue with me right now is loseness at stomach and that last bit of fat.

I have lost all fat through weightlifting.

Do, let me know what should be my focus now.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Depends on your body.

If you are skinny type like Mohammad Amir, then probably not.

If you are naturally muscular like Misbah ul-Haq then, yes.

I personally do a lot of push-ups because I currently don't go to the gym so it's the main part of my workout.

If you're focusing on gaining muscle alone, then I'd say do other exercises as well. For example, pull-ups.

It's hard to do the same push-ups forever and expect the same results so make sure you vary it and do diamond, wide-grip, one-leg, one-hand, etc.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HIC View Post

If you're just trying to lose some fat then I don't think that steroids are the best option.

Have you thought about doing cardio?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Calisthenics are great... initially, because initially, any form of resistance training will work. The trouble is though, you're "lifting" your own bodyweight, which is prone to fluctuations. Even if it were to remain constant, the only other variable you have control over is volume. So if you were to work your way up to doing any calisthenic exercise, for instance push ups, to, say ten repetitions, where do you go from there? By keeping on adding reps while keeping the weight constant, you're increasingly working for endurance, not strength or size. This isn't to say endurance is not commendable, it is just that muscles shrink to make themselves more compact and efficient, which isn't what you are going for.

One solution is to use weighted vests and belts when doing calisthenics, to make them more of a size and strength exercise as opposed to endurance. The other solution, and the better one in my view, is to also do weight training with barbells etc, and use the calisthenics as supplementary exercises.
    Last edited by Nostalgic; 3rd September 2017 at 18:37.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    You will gain strength for sure and your arms will have more vascularity. In 2013 I could barely do 10 pushups, but then the following year I just kept trying to do more and more every week, till I can do about 35 now. I can see the veins in my forearms now even though I'm around the same weight I was 2 years ago. It was this one site I used: onehundredpushups.com or sth like that it's a multiple week program after which technically you will be able to do a 100 pushups by the end, but id just get to week 4 or 5 and then get distracted lol. Maybe will give it a proper try now.

But it's hard to gain mass from pushups alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Depends on your body.

If you are skinny type like Mohammad Amir, then probably not.

If you are naturally muscular like Misbah ul-Haq then, yes.

I personally do a lot of push-ups because I currently don't go to the gym so it's the main part of my workout.

If you're focusing on gaining muscle alone, then I'd say do other exercises as well. For example, pull-ups.

It's hard to do the same push-ups forever and expect the same results so make sure you vary it and do diamond, wide-grip, one-leg, one-hand, etc.
    Calisthenics are great... initially, because initially, any form of resistance training will work. The trouble is though, you're "lifting" your own bodyweight, which is prone to fluctuations. Even if it were to remain constant, the only other variable you have control over is volume. So if you were to work your way up to doing any calisthenic exercise, for instance push ups, to, say ten repetitions, where do you go from there? By keeping on adding reps while keeping the weight constant, you're increasingly working for endurance, not strength or size. This isn't to say endurance is not commendable, it is just that muscles shrink to make themselves more compact and efficient, which isn't what you are going for.

One solution is to use weighted vests and belts when doing calisthenics, to make them more of a size and strength exercise as opposed to endurance. The other solution, and the better one in my view, is to also do weight training with barbells etc, and use the calisthenics as supplementary exercises.
    Thanks a lot, hopefully i will be able to hit the gym soon. I must say planning to start working out is quite complicated.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Leo23 just to add to the post above. You can play with another parameter and that is increasing time under tension. Lower yourself very slowly.... as an example 10 -15 secs to lower yourself and then back up.
    Last edited by Eagle_Eye; 4th September 2017 at 08:56.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always been someone who used to have a combo of cardio and Weights.

Infact, i lost almost 35kg of weight around 10 yrs back after my college and it was through combo of Cardio and Weights.

But with responsibilities and being in UK from India, i somehow let go of myself due to food and alcohol.

BUt, since i came back to India last November, have lost weight/fat through Weight training and HIIT (albiet through Crossfit things) but my Cardio is unlike earlier when i used to keep on running for 90 mins and used to do 15-16kms.

My concern right now is im almost at end of my fat percentage but my issue is that loseness in Body which i want to get rid of with muscles.

Hence, was asking about Roids.

Do, let me know your views.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infact, i lost almost 35kg of weight around 10 yrs back after my college and it was through combo of Cardio and Weights.

But with responsibilities and being in UK from India, i somehow let go of myself due to food and alcohol.

BUt, since i came back to India last November, have lost weight/fat through Weight training and HIIT (albiet through Crossfit things) but my Cardio is unlike earlier when i used to keep on running for 90 mins and used to do 15-16kms.

My concern right now is im almost at end of my fat percentage but my issue is that loseness in Body which i want to get rid of with muscles.

I would never take steroids unless I was planning to compete professionally or perhaps I was a professional actor trying to get in shape for a certain movie role. Have a lot of bad side effects and not worth it if you just want to show off your body

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally went to the gym for the first time. @Abdul

Wanted to do mostly legs today. I decided to go start easy and did 5 sets of 10, 45 on each side for leg press. Then I did 20 minutes treadmill.

Not sure if that's enough, but I'll see tomorrow whether or not I am sore.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wanted to do mostly legs today. I decided to go start easy and did 5 sets of 10, 45 on each side for leg press. Then I did 20 minutes treadmill.

Forget this leg day, back day, chest/arms day, leg press machine nonsense. Get a copy of Starting Strength and do whatever the book tells you to do.

This is my biannual post boldly declaring that I will get back into the gym, only to never get off my lazy backside.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing cardio (15/16 KMs is so unhealthy). Try HIT. Your loseness will improve with weights, HIT and eating clean. Good luck!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice. Since you've started now go to the gym consistently, slacking is just not an option. You may not see results right away but what happens overnight?

As far as actual training is concerned, don't overtrain. I learned this the hard way myself when I was deadlifting four-five times a week. You'll just end up injuring yourself. You make a lot of mistakes while starting out but it's important that you reflect upon them and fix them along the way. `

Next time you do legs, do squats. Don't just stick to leg pressing.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice. Since you've started now go to the gym consistently, slacking is just not an option. You may not see results right away but what happens overnight?

As far as actual training is concerned, don't overtrain. I learned this the hard way myself when I was deadlifting four-five times a week. You'll just end up injuring yourself. You make a lot of mistakes while starting out but it's important that you reflect upon them and fix them along the way. `

Should've added this as it's important.

Don't be afraid to ask other people in the gym to spot you. It's easy to get intimidated by looking at the bigger guys there but most of them will be very helpful because they understand how hard it is to get where they are. They won't think badly of you whatsoever.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes I will try to take it easy, but not too easy.

Thanks for the advice bro

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    Doing cardio (15/16 KMs is so unhealthy). Try HIT. Your loseness will improve with weights, HIT and eating clean. Good luck!
    Yup stopped doing it once i got an issue with my lower back almost an year back.

Been lifting weight and doing cardio like tyre flips, hammer, battle rope etc.

THe loseness is now basically that end loseness which i know will take time.

Have targetted to get into good shape in terms of muscles and tightness by eod of next year.

Right now, im 17% and will try to have it down to 12% by next 1 year.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    My entire health and fitness routine has gone for a toss since suffering from Sciatica.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    My entire health and fitness routine has gone for a toss since suffering from Sciatica.
    What were your fitness levels before and are you still suffering from that?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can I lose face fat yaar? I've lost a lot of weight but my face is still a little chubby.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    How can I lose face fat yaar? I've lost a lot of weight but my face is still a little chubby.
    Unfortunately we have no way to spot reduce fat. Which body parts it accumulates on first and at what rate, and which ones it comes off of first and at what rate, are determined by genetics. The only way to lose it would be to keep losing fat, and eventually it will come off.

It's a rarity to lose it elsewhere before the face though. For most of us, it comes off the face first and accumulates on the face last.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately we have no way to spot reduce fat. Which body parts it accumulates on first and at what rate, and which ones it comes off of first and at what rate, are determined by genetics. The only way to lose it would be to keep losing fat, and eventually it will come off.

It's a rarity to lose it elsewhere before the face though. For most of us, it comes off the face first and accumulates on the face last.
    I've come down from 180lbs to 128. Don't think trying to lose more would be a sensible idea at this stage Gotta live with the cubby face I guess

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Been really happy with my progress in the last 3 months. My friend said I've gotten stronger. I feel it too myself.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anavar is a good cutter in high doses, say 80-90 MGS per day, you need to also run mild dose of testosterone as a base as Anavar will shut your libido down. Anavar/Test and a good diet will yield good results... However your source of Anavar needs to be a legit, Anavar is faked quite a bit, instead of Anavar most people get Stanazol instead... Stanazol is less side effect friendly and you get issues like acne, gyno, hairloss and tough on the liver..

Your focus should always be diet at first and only then would the medicines start to work..

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aww, father and son how cute.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I've been at Uni for nearly a month now. I said that I wouldn't go partying etc a lot but that idea has clearly not worked lol. My question is does partying and some of the stuff that is done at parties/clubbing eg alcohol affect gym results? I've heard a lot of broscience stuff about how bad it is for making gains but I see lots of in shape people drinking lots. Surely it's all a myth, stuff like how it significantly reduces testosterone and some other stuff like that.

I've been recovering from an injury and planning to restart gym again next week so would you suggest for people who are into lifting to give up alcohol? Is it really that bad for you?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I've been at Uni for nearly a month now. I said that I wouldn't go partying etc a lot but that idea has clearly not worked lol. My question is does partying and some of the stuff that is done at parties/clubbing eg alcohol affect gym results? I've heard a lot of broscience stuff about how bad it is for making gains but I see lots of in shape people drinking lots. Surely it's all a myth, stuff like how it significantly reduces testosterone and some other stuff like that.

I've been recovering from an injury and planning to restart gym again next week so would you suggest for people who are into lifting to give up alcohol? Is it really that bad for you?
    Alcohol and partying can effect gains in 2 ways,

1. Demotivation from going to the gym for the next day or 2 due to a hangover or dehydration.
    2. Drinking a lot of alcohol which may bump up your calorie intake, while also eating bad food post alcohol because who doesn't love machos after a night out.

If you can keep a close eye on the above two then partying once in a while shouldn't effect you too badly. I know plenty of bodybuilders who look great and still go out and party once in a while. They usually stick to vodka and soda (low calories, no sugar) plus not eating out after.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anavar is a good cutter in high doses, say 80-90 MGS per day, you need to also run mild dose of testosterone as a base as Anavar will shut your libido down. Anavar/Test and a good diet will yield good results... However your source of Anavar needs to be a legit, Anavar is faked quite a bit, instead of Anavar most people get Stanazol instead... Stanazol is less side effect friendly and you get issues like acne, gyno, hairloss and tough on the liver..

Your focus should always be diet at first and only then would the medicines start to work..
    This is incorrect, you don't need high doses of anavar to cut. the main purpose of using anabolic steroids to cut is to maintain whatever muscle you have while on restricted calories. Basically 40-50mg of Anavar pre workout would be more then enough to maintain muscle mass during cut (depending on how much muscle you have of course).

Now using Anavar at 80-100mg would be great for a lean bulk as it is has minimal sides in terms of water weight and other estrogenic effects.

Remember though oral steroids should not be run over 6 weeks as it may start to cause liver issues. Anavar could probably be run slightly longer as it is much easier on the liver compared to something like dianabol or anadrol.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you are 18% body fat I would stay away from any sort of anabolic steroids as first you need to get your diet and training in order. Once you have diet and training in order you will be around 12% body fat and at this point you may start with a small anavar or test enenthate cycle.

Right now you need to learn how to diet correctly and get to a body fat percentage where it is justifiable to use steroids. If you start taking them at 18% you will see minimal changes in your physique as it is covered by fat.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you will also not learn correctly about training and dieting naturally, therefore will use steroids as a crutch and addiction in the longterm which is not healthy.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will take at least 3 years of non-stop dedication (diet + exercise) for an average joe to get the body you see on television (i mean a good personal physique, not some girl's body you see on tv). This is for guys who want it naturally rather than depending on roids.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by humzy View Post
    This is incorrect, you don't need high doses of anavar to cut. the main purpose of using anabolic steroids to cut is to maintain whatever muscle you have while on restricted calories. Basically 40-50mg of Anavar pre workout would be more then enough to maintain muscle mass during cut (depending on how much muscle you have of course).

Nope, 40-50 MGS of Anavar is a waste, you will see minimal effects, take into consideration it very mild. From what I have seen; 80-100 MGS/day works perfectly for fat burn and a small amount of lean muscle tissue.. Also Anavar is not a pre workout, it is not a supplement, it is a medicine, it can be taken during at any time. If you do 80-100 MGS it would be best to have half AM and half PM...

Now using Anavar at 80-100mg would be great for a lean bulk as it is has minimal sides in terms of water weight and other estrogenic effects.

I dont disagree, this can work however Primobolan is much better for a lean bulk with Testestorone imo....

Remember though oral steroids should not be run over 6 weeks as it may start to cause liver issues. Anavar could probably be run slightly longer as it is much easier on the liver compared to something like dianabol or anadrol.

6-8 weeks is ideal, however I missed a few points, the poster I was referring to would be better off using a milk thistle supplement to keep the liver safe just incase he got fake anavar aka Stanazol....

bold............

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alcohol and partying can effect gains in 2 ways,

1. Demotivation from going to the gym for the next day or 2 due to a hangover or dehydration.
    2. Drinking a lot of alcohol which may bump up your calorie intake, while also eating bad food post alcohol because who doesn't love machos after a night out.

If you can keep a close eye on the above two then partying once in a while shouldn't effect you too badly. I know plenty of bodybuilders who look great and still go out and party once in a while. They usually stick to vodka and soda (low calories, no sugar) plus not eating out after.
    Thanks for the reply. I am not the type of person who would drink loads so I probably wouldn't get hangovers. I have self control so wouldn't have the junk food at 3am. I would just drink the low calorie alcohols like vodka etc. So would you say once a week is fine if you factor in what I just said?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I am not the type of person who would drink loads so I probably wouldn't get hangovers. I have self control so wouldn't have the junk food at 3am. I would just drink the low calorie alcohols like vodka etc. So would you say once a week is fine if you factor in what I just said?
    You should be fine then, go and enjoy.

If after a few weeks you see negative effects on your training and body then cut back to parties once every few weeks.

Having a fitness lifestyle means balancing the joys of life with discipline of being fit. You don't want to become a hermit because it is not sustainable in the long term.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bold............

Personally I think doing oral only cycles are a waste, if you are going to suppress your natural test levels you may as well start with a Test base of 1ml a week and then stack other stuff on top of that. I am currently on 1 ml of Test E plus 50mg of Anavar and the Anavar is working great. Not sure why you think its a waste? 100mg is an extremely high threshold of dosage for someone who has never used anabolic steroids before.

its kind of like telling a beginner to start with 750mg of Test E per week instead of 250mg per week, not great advice mate, the goal should be to take the minimal amount to get the most results.

Primo is not too great for me to bulk with because it surpasses my appetite. I much prefer it on a cut as I can reduce my calories without too much effort and the Primo keeps me nice and full. I prefer to lean bulk on Boldenone as the effects are similar to Primo but with the added benefit of appetite increase.

Milk Thistle is important for orals, also TUDCA, COQ10 and ALA.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Is eating too many egg whites harmful in summer season? How much egg whites should I eat per day on an average so that it doesn't have any side effect?
    You can eat as many egg whites as you like. There is no serious side effects. I think even whole eggs are fine and the idea that it is bad for your cholesterol is a myth.

Personally I buy egg whites in cartons and powders and mix it straight into my protein shakes and porridges. When you buy it in cartons and powders it is pasteurised so there is no issue with having it raw.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be fine then, go and enjoy.

If after a few weeks you see negative effects on your training and body then cut back to parties once every few weeks.

Having a fitness lifestyle means balancing the joys of life with discipline of being fit. You don't want to become a hermit because it is not sustainable in the long term.
    Thanks man for the replies. I did say at the start of the year I wouldn't go partying a lot but you're only young once; gotta have fun while you can. I think I can balance it, I always see guys in good shape at clubs so I think it's all bro science about how bad it is for you.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think doing oral only cycles are a waste, if you are going to suppress your natural test levels you may as well start with a Test base of 1ml a week and then stack other stuff on top of that. I am currently on 1 ml of Test E plus 50mg of Anavar and the Anavar is working great. Not sure why you think its a waste? 100mg is an extremely high threshold of dosage for someone who has never used anabolic steroids before.

Agreed doing Oral alone is not recommended, which is why I said in post 686 that Testestorone needs to be ran as a base with Anavar. 80-100 mg Anavar, if you get a legit product, is weak as hell, it would not cause any bodily harm and would work fairly quick.

its kind of like telling a beginner to start with 750mg of Test E per week instead of 250mg per week, not great advice mate, the goal should be to take the minimal amount to get the most results.

Not quite, apples and oranges you are comparing here. You cant quite compare a newbie running a high dose of a powerful male hormone (Testosterone) for the first time to running a drug that is weak and mild as hell (Anavar) if the product like I mentioned above is genuine. I would've said otherwise if the product he wanted to use was Stanazol for example.

Primo is not too great for me to bulk with because it surpasses my appetite. I much prefer it on a cut as I can reduce my calories without too much effort and the Primo keeps me nice and full. I prefer to lean bulk on Boldenone as the effects are similar to Primo but with the added benefit of appetite increase.

A clean bulk means having your appetite under control and Primo helps with it, I personally felt the same with Anavar also, however Anavar is just too expensive imo to run on a bulk. Gains you get are solid and less water with decent mass. However appetite or no appetite you have to get your macros in, so if you wanted to bulk regardless of how you felt of appetite you would eat the necessary calories to grow, I don't mean force feed here.. Boldenone is a great product, however Testosterone and Primobolan just agrees with my body on a great level, I get no sides and good gains

Milk Thistle is important for orals, also TUDCA, COQ10 and ALA.

Yeap and cycle support products like N2Guard are great to run while you are running some strong cycles, it keeps your liver, cholesterol, bloods always clear and healthy.

bold..

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have started fitness blender beginner level cardio kickboxing. I have been doing them for three weeks now. I am starting to notice that my upper body endurance & stamina has improved. Would recommend anybody looking to lose weight to try it once, it might help. Cant wait to get to the advanced levels where they have 50 mins of cardio kickboxing.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    It will take at least 3 years of non-stop dedication (diet + exercise) for an average joe to get the body you see on television (i mean a good personal physique, not some girl's body you see on tv). This is for guys who want it naturally rather than depending on roids.
    Not true. 10+ years ago, did it in about 5 months. Keeping the fat man inside at bay was quite an intense challenge...... eventually after a year or so, the fat man won!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup stopped doing it once i got an issue with my lower back almost an year back.

Been lifting weight and doing cardio like tyre flips, hammer, battle rope etc.

THe loseness is now basically that end loseness which i know will take time.

Have targetted to get into good shape in terms of muscles and tightness by eod of next year.

Right now, im 17% and will try to have it down to 12% by next 1 year.
    You need to go old school ... zercher squats, zercher carries.... and ofcourse the plain old holding heavy weights in your hands and walking as far as you can before the grip gives in.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dumbell stepping lunges are a killer. Hardest exercise I've done in a while.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So true.

Lunges were my fav for legs until I almost blew out my knee one time.

I was at the point of muscle exhaustion and kept going until my knee gave way, was inured for about a month after

These days I replaced lunges with hack squats, much easier on my knees.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    anyone here take organic spirulina? if so im assuming u take it in a shake- how man tea spoons do you use and how many times do you consume this in a week?

anyone else something called overnight solutions?

anyone here have the apple cider vinegar drink?

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So true.

Lunges were my fav for legs until I almost blew out my knee one time.

I was at the point of muscle exhaustion and kept going until my knee gave way, was inured for about a month after

These days I replaced lunges with hack squats, much easier on my knees.
    How're your knees now?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I used to play soccer all through uni... so lunges were a big part of my workout. I used to take 45lb dumbbells in each hand and lunge my way across the gym (about 50-60ft). 3 sets of that and I was dead. Done for. End off.

But teammates would still be working out and I'll have to do easy exercises to kill the time

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t see the point in exercise to be entirely honest.

Fitness. Lmao what’s the need for it.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Don’t see the point in exercise to be entirely honest.

Fitness. Lmao what’s the need for it.
    Typical desi

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Typical desi
    We have got a 1096 alert.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I used to play soccer all through uni... so lunges were a big part of my workout. I used to take 45lb dumbbells in each hand and lunge my way across the gym (about 50-60ft). 3 sets of that and I was dead. Done for. End off.

But teammates would still be working out and I'll have to do easy exercises to kill the time
    I just started off with the 50s, didn't feel like starting lightweight. Right now my goal is to increase my deadlifting personal-best so I'm focuisng on my legs as much as I can.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just started off with the 50s, didn't feel like starting lightweight. Right now my goal is to increase my deadlifting personal-best so I'm focuisng on my legs as much as I can.
    Too much weight = not alot of flexibility

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I'm curious if anyone else lifts at home.

I finally got around to getting a corner of my garage set up as a mini home gym over the summer. I was lucky to have a store about 50 miles away selling very good equipment at reasonable prices, so I got a power rack, an Olympic bar, around 400lb of weights, an adjustable bench, and two stall mats. It's the best thing I've done on the fitness front: no waiting, no sharing, workout at whatever pace I want, and lift in my pyjamas if I feel so inclined.

It will be several months before I recoup the cost of the gym membership from the investment I made towards the equipment, but the sheer convenience of it is priceless.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone experienced with fitness can tell me few ways to trim my belly down? No 6-packs or stuff, just a flatter belly? Without putting much strain on body as I already muscle fatigued myself couple of years back after attempting to gym-cycle it out (or probably something with spine as it still there even after years).

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamax View Post
    Anyone experienced with fitness can tell me few ways to trim my belly down? No 6-packs or stuff, just a flatter belly? Without putting much strain on body as I already muscle fatigued myself couple of years back after attempting to gym-cycle it out (or probably something with spine as it still there even after years).
    Eat good quality meat (mostly red meat) and lots of vegetables.
    Do the zercher squat and carries, couple of times a week atleast even if your going to the gym just for running.Your issue seems to be that you lifted too much weight with incorrect technique, stop as soon as you lose form with a lift.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Eat good quality meat (mostly red meat) and lots of vegetables.
    Do the zercher squat and carries, couple of times a week atleast even if your going to the gym just for running.Your issue seems to be that you lifted too much weight with incorrect technique, stop as soon as you lose form with a lift.
    Not good with digesting veges. Red meat? How can I spot that? I lifted no weight, Only cycling over machine. It worked fine till I started to feel weakness n flickering of muscles.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Not true. 10+ years ago, did it in about 5 months. Keeping the fat man inside at bay was quite an intense challenge...... eventually after a year or so, the fat man won!
    I am fighting The fat man inside me since 2 years. Neither he gives up nor i. End result is that i dont get fat but i dont get those 6 packs either. The struggle is real.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamax View Post
    Not good with digesting veges. Red meat? How can I spot that? I lifted no weight, Only cycling over machine. It worked fine till I started to feel weakness n flickering of muscles.
    Even stuff like Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbages? Take beef for example, ask for lean cuts of meat, anything ends with 'loin' is a good choice... like sirloin. How long were you cycling and at what pace. Sounds like you over did it compared to the level of your conditioning. In training, sometimes less is more.

Nutrition is also important part the training. Ignore that and you will basically end up making yourself weaker if you exerting yourself too much too often. Rather than building muscle, your body will break it down to refuel itself.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I am fighting The fat man inside me since 2 years. Neither he gives up nor i. End result is that i dont get fat but i dont get those 6 packs either. The struggle is real.
    Don't deny the fat man, rather give him better choices with food and tip the balance in favour of the training man.