Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 178
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Zakir Naik - What do you think of him?

    I heard him on few videos and I found that he is full of **, God knows if he even reference Quran chapter right or wrong...he is surviving on uneducated group of people and bragging about Islam as the only true religion and everything else is wrong..this guy just disgust me and I am just shocked to see him moving freely from one country to another....what you say? In Pakistan, seems like he is highly regarded...

    http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/opinion...naik-s-tragedy

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember debating my Muslim roommate about him. He stopped talking to me for a few days after hearing my views on Zakir Naik.

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zakir managed to convert many non-muslims to islam in India.

    In India, If you are jobless, you can always become a Baba, Guru or a televangelist. There will be no scarcity of subscribers to these preachers.


    Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,859
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He is a hero among gullible people. Personally not a fan

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't know anything about him except his 2+2=5 argument, which I came to know from here.

  6. #6
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    22,625
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    Zakir managed to convert many non-muslims to islam in India.

    In India, If you are jobless, you can always become a Baba, Guru or a televangelist. There will be no scarcity of subscribers to these preachers.
    Then we should raise our hats to their enterprise. Better than being jobless.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    4,470
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's good at what he does, but he's not a scholar, He himself admits this, but if you watch his debate with William cambell and other christian speakers he has more knowledge of the bible than the christian speakers.


    "The hypocrite seeks for faults, the believer seeks for excuses"-Imam al Ghazali (ra)

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,477
    Mentioned
    856 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by speed View Post
    He's good at what he does, but he's not a scholar, He himself admits this, but if you watch his debate with William cambell and other christian speakers he has more knowledge of the bible than the christian speakers.
    Actually he has more knowledge of the Bible than many Christians and more knowledge of Vedas than most Brahmins TILL someone dissects his arguments to see how much of it is truth and how much of it is blatant misrepresentation. Issue is that by the time someone does it, the debate would be long over and everyone would be back home.

    Zaki Naik is a bit charismatic. I will give it to him. I can see why he is so successful in converting people.

    He is also virtually impossible to defeat in debates but NOT because he is the epitome of reason and possesses ground breaking logic/context combo but because he has the brain of a super computer and a mind that works 24/7 in twisting every piece of information out there to suit his agenda.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    4,470
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Actually he has more knowledge of the Bible than many Christians and more knowledge of Vedas than most Brahmins TILL someone dissects his arguments to see how much of it is truth and how much of it is blatant misrepresentation. Issue is that by the time someone does it, the debate would be long over and everyone would be back home.

    Zaki Naik is a bit charismatic. I will give it to him. I can see why he is so successful in converting people.

    He is also virtually impossible to defeat in debates but NOT because he is the epitome of reason and possesses ground breaking logic/context combo but because he has the brain of a super computer and a mind that works 24/7 in twisting every piece of information out there to suit his agenda.


    people can judge for themselves.


    "The hypocrite seeks for faults, the believer seeks for excuses"-Imam al Ghazali (ra)

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Actually he has more knowledge of the Bible than many Christians and more knowledge of Vedas than most Brahmins TILL someone dissects his arguments to see how much of it is truth and how much of it is blatant misrepresentation. Issue is that by the time someone does it, the debate would be long over and everyone would be back home.

    Zaki Naik is a bit charismatic. I will give it to him. I can see why he is so successful in converting people.

    He is also virtually impossible to defeat in debates but NOT because he is the epitome of reason and possesses ground breaking logic/context combo but because he has the brain of a super computer and a mind that works 24/7 in twisting every piece of information out there to suit his agenda.
    this is the correct response.

    Let's be honest, his looks aside, he's very charismatic, not just a little.

    He's impossible to beat in a debate because he understands on a very advanced level the fundamentals of conversing. His tactics are pretty manipulative and he avoids questions head-on A LOT.

    His favourite tactic seems to be using the "pressure flip". Which is basically where you ask me if I'm a loser and I start talking about how you play video games all day instead of addressing your question. He does this but with religion. Something like "Ok tell me how blah blah blah is any better" and people start laughing.

    That's just one tactic I used as an example, it's tough to explain but he's a MASTER at this stuff. One can really learn a lot about how modern day debates work from watching him and apply it to their own lives.

    I personally dislike him.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,290
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My family used to like watching him until a certain day when they realised he's not the right person to be listening to when it comes to Islam so my views are the same as most people on this thread.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    13,332
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Zakir Naik - What you think of him?
    A Charlatan


    “In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    4,470
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CRicfan why don't you go and debate him, no good writing essays on him and refuting him on the web when he's only 5 mins drive away from you in mumbai, You can take your other buddy with you to record so you can put it on youtube and expose him.


    "The hypocrite seeks for faults, the believer seeks for excuses"-Imam al Ghazali (ra)

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Ghardamad
    Runs
    2,505
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a bigot. Unfortunate that he has become the de facto South Asian face of Islam.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    164
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a top lad alongside moulana tariq jameel


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    "Flippin pop it brother"

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    1,047
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to be amazed by his debates. He seems totally solid and unbeatable. But he has a lot of charisma and linguistic prowess over his debaters and the poor people that come up to the mic in packed houses of his fans. Someone told me that alot of the people that convert in his videos is fake and not genuine. Idk if that's true but what I have heard.

    As far as being amazed by him, I was initially but then some of my other friends told me how their religion does not actually say or mean what he is saying in his argument and so I am no longer wowed by him because he is not disclosing proper information.


    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson
    Proud Green Blooded Pakistani

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    1,047
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Actually he has more knowledge of the Bible than many Christians and more knowledge of Vedas than most Brahmins TILL someone dissects his arguments to see how much of it is truth and how much of it is blatant misrepresentation. Issue is that by the time someone does it, the debate would be long over and everyone would be back home.

    Zaki Naik is a bit charismatic. I will give it to him. I can see why he is so successful in converting people.

    He is also virtually impossible to defeat in debates but NOT because he is the epitome of reason and possesses ground breaking logic/context combo but because he has the brain of a super computer and a mind that works 24/7 in twisting every piece of information out there to suit his agenda.
    Exactly this is what I have come to find, sorry I should have quoted this with my earlier post.


    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson
    Proud Green Blooded Pakistani

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    4,242
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    the guy is a joke. i remember listening to him about how buddha himself was a muslim or something. i turned it off right there and never listened to him again.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I like the guy very much.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    9,866
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alizai View Post
    He's a top lad alongside moulana tariq jameel
    Agreed, Sir Zakir Naik is one of the few people to defend Islam. No wonder non-moslems and Liberals hate Zakir Naik. The intellectuals are attacked to divide the people. As the saying goes Divided we fall and united we stand.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    164
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mashallah some brothers in these corrupt times understand the sahih truth


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    "Flippin pop it brother"

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    17,214
    Mentioned
    928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I dont like him I don't like this style of public trial of religion...but what I read here from Pakistani and Indian posters they all didn't read about religion themselves or listened to him but only hating him because hey heard it from someone that what he is teaching is not true.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    2,062
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont find him any different than someone like Nityananda or most of the nandas all over India preaching something but the only difference is that his aim to convert people to follow Islam.

    But this guy has talent for sure. He read all the books interpreted the way he wants and presents the interpretation that looks authentic on face of it. secondly he doesnt give the chance to the arguer for a further debate or the party challenging him is pretty weak themselves as they have not read all the books.

    The only arguement in the modern day should be "show me the god now, right now right here in the way I want to see him and the same form/formless should be visible to others at the same time" else dont waste your and my time and get on with our respective business :-) LoL

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,153
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan007 View Post
    I heard him on few videos and I found that he is full of **, God knows if he even reference Quran chapter right or wrong...he is surviving on uneducated group of people and bragging about Islam as the only true religion and everything else is wrong..this guy just disgust me and I am just shocked to see him moving freely from one country to another....what you say? In Pakistan, seems like he is highly regarded...

    http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/opinion...naik-s-tragedy
    The references he gives can be checked.

    You are wrong , a lot of learned people follow him.

    Most of his lectures are in English , uneducated people would not be able to follow.


    Fear the Creator ..... not the created.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,153
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    Zakir managed to convert many non-muslims to islam in India.

    In India, If you are jobless, you can always become a Baba, Guru or a televangelist. There will be no scarcity of subscribers to these preachers.
    He was jobless ?


    Fear the Creator ..... not the created.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    2,358
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The man is a blessing in disguise for everyone on earth. He is very easy to understand and makes a lot of sense.

    One of my Hindu/ Indian friends entire family were so impressed by his speeches that the whole family bar one member reverted to Islam.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    The man is a blessing in disguise for everyone on earth. He is very easy to understand and makes a lot of sense.

    One of my Hindu/ Indian friends entire family were so impressed by his speeches that the whole family bar one member reverted to Islam.
    Were they muslims before?

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Ghardamad
    Runs
    2,505
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Were they muslims before?
    According to some Muslims, everyone is born a Muslim but later gets socialized in their parent's faith.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laal View Post
    According to some Muslims, everyone is born a Muslim but later gets socialized in their parent's faith.
    Oh, okay.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,153
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Zakir Naik is not bad orator , he is also good with comparative religions.

    As far his knowledge of Islam is concerned its not that deep. One person cannot know everything , its not possible.

    The Muslims started getting against him after he added Radhiallah ( may allah bless him ) with Yazeed bin Muawiyah.

    He also misquoted a Bukhari Hadeeth to proof yazeed was jannati . This was a big blunder , he should have apologized , but his ego did not allow him. Still today some salafis uphold that view.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Casablanca
    Runs
    9,621
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am impressed by his evidence based practice. Which is quite rare.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    1,611
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can guarantee you had he faced ramanna maharishi or osho, they would have beaten him,even acharya dharmendra can not only match him in debate or even defeat him.
    Last edited by Vayuu; 11th December 2015 at 08:38.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,655
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fair play to him. Very knowlegeable guy & I have nothing against him.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,757
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Every time he talks, all I hear is something along the lines of Book 957581, Volume 274747, Chapter 6826669, Page 163825, Verse 43134829, Word 484619, Letter 174829...


    Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

  35. #35
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,153
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Every time he talks, all I hear is something along the lines of Book 957581, Volume 274747, Chapter 6826669, Page 163825, Verse 43134829, Word 484619, Letter 174829...
    What is wrong with that ?

    If you do not show reference , how will people check later on ? Just trust blindly ?


    Fear the Creator ..... not the created.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,757
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    What is wrong with that ?

    If you do not show reference , how will people check later on ? Just trust blindly ?
    There is no shortage of people who really will trust blindly.

    Also, do people check later on? The impression I get from his audience is that they are too much in awe of the fact that he's dishing out the references to actually check the references.


    Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    4,470
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    There is no shortage of people who really will trust blindly.

    Also, do people check later on? The impression I get from his audience is that they are too much in awe of the fact that he's dishing out the references to actually check the references.
    That's not his fault, people should double check themselves.


    "The hypocrite seeks for faults, the believer seeks for excuses"-Imam al Ghazali (ra)

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    2,062
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Instead of finding or proving GOD through religion texts, He should have written GOD equation. An equation which defines GOD, may be inside Higgs Boson or some other "to be discovered" particle hidden. The ONE unified equation that governs the entire universe and the solving the unknown variable would be the GOD declassified. He wasted his life in this specially given the talent he has.

    Religious texts will have 100s and 1000s of interpretation and it will be unconvincing. Its just blind faith without any proof.

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,163
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Religion itself can be depressing, what's worse is people who compare religions and feel good about it.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  40. #40
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,579
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a lot of respect for Zakir Naik but that has changed over the years. One of his main attributes is how he compares Islam and Science and I have seen time and again how he gets science wrong. He has fantastic knowledge on Quran and Hadith however and should be credited for that. I once went to a talk of his and the crowd was quite well educated and when cross questioned I felt his answers were not strong enough.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  41. #41
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I mentioned 90% of the crowd comes there based on curiosity, he is speaking in english because his target audience is not people seating there but people who watch him world wide.

    Why would he brag about Islan in front of Muslim, he is talking to non-muslim so he has to talk in english..so don't think his followers are educated. ( There can be few %, looks like you are one of them! )

    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    The references he gives can be checked.

    You are wrong , a lot of learned people follow him.

    Most of his lectures are in English , uneducated people would not be able to follow.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    What is wrong with that ?

    If you do not show reference , how will people check later on ? Just trust blindly ?
    Please check tons of videos available to prove what types of blunders he makes when he refer those chapter etc. only thing he is good at in arguing with the challenger...and he goes to the lowest level to win the argument..like one poster mentioned in his post here..regarding Sania Mirza example..he goes to cheap level such as " why she wears anything?" that's very cheap and low level of thinking...

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,859
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_pakistani View Post
    I had a lot of respect for Zakir Naik but that has changed over the years. One of his main attributes is how he compares Islam and Science and I have seen time and again how he gets science wrong. He has fantastic knowledge on Quran and Hadith however and should be credited for that. I once went to a talk of his and the crowd was quite well educated and when cross questioned I felt his answers were not strong enough.
    He ja best for the Unenlightened and uneducated. Or the naive and immature

    I was a big fan of his till class 8 or so.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least he has knowledge of most of the religious books and his speech consists on reference to those books and not on his personal opinion or bias. He himself says if anyone is convinced by Quran references its good enough,he is not here to give his own opinion on Islam.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,153
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan007 View Post
    As I mentioned 90% of the crowd comes there based on curiosity, he is speaking in english because his target audience is not people seating there but people who watch him world wide.

    Why would he brag about Islan in front of Muslim, he is talking to non-muslim so he has to talk in english..so don't think his followers are educated. ( There can be few %, looks like you are one of them! )
    You said that we do not know whether references that he gives are right or wrong . They can be checked .

    He speaks mostly in English because he is not good in Indian Languages , and when he speaks , he makes some mistakes.

    PS : I am not a follower of anyone , these scholars do not get revelations . You can see above I myself pointed out to a huge mistake of naik regarding Yazeed bin Muawiyah.


    Fear the Creator ..... not the created.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,153
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan007 View Post
    Please check tons of videos available to prove what types of blunders he makes when he refer those chapter etc. only thing he is good at in arguing with the challenger...and he goes to the lowest level to win the argument..like one poster mentioned in his post here..regarding Sania Mirza example..he goes to cheap level such as " why she wears anything?" that's very cheap and low level of thinking...
    Brother , he is a human , we all make mistakes .

    You cannot multiply mistakes by zero and say a person is useless.

    If he says wrong on some point , he is wrong on that point , not everything.


    Fear the Creator ..... not the created.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    12,371
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Used to love him as a kid he was celebrated a lot by family members the way he used to debate and challenge Christian Hindu debaters and use their own scriptures against them . But as some of have said his praise of Yazid has lost him support amongst a lot of mainstream Desi Muslims. Also older i have got i just see him as a guy who is very good at manipulating words and has a superb memory. But his belittling attitude towards other religions is something i dont agree with. Also his refusal to agree with evolution because "its a theory not a fact". His use of vague Quranic verses to prove The Quran revealed the Big Bang Theory 1400 years ago yet i wonder why no Muslim physicist discovered it.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,655
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    Used to love him as a kid he was celebrated a lot by family members the way he used to debate and challenge Christian Hindu debaters and use their own scriptures against them . But as some of have said his praise of Yazid has lost him support amongst a lot of mainstream Desi Muslims. Also older i have got i just see him as a guy who is very good at manipulating words and has a superb memory. But his belittling attitude towards other religions is something i dont agree with. Also his refusal to agree with evolution because "its a theory not a fact". His use of vague Quranic verses to prove The Quran revealed the Big Bang Theory 1400 years ago yet i wonder why no Muslim physicist discovered it.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Most Muslims don't believe in evolution...it is afterall a theory.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    12,371
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Most Muslims don't believe in evolution...it is afterall a theory.
    Its a theory that has tons of evidence to support it and has consensus amongst the scientific community . The reason it is deemed a theory because possibly in the future there could be new evidence that comes to light that alters our understanding of evolution. In science the paradigm of knowledge shifts there is always experiments and research going on. As opposed to religion where statements is made about how this is the unquestionable truth for all eternity. Out of all the theories about how life came about on Earth evolution is the one that makes sense the most. Much more than creationism story which is just a fairytale.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  50. #50
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,163
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Most Muslims don't believe in evolution...it is afterall a theory.
    Much more believable than what any religion ever comes up with.Somehow God has miraculously shown up in last 4500 years for different religions, can't believe people don't question that at all,was he/she waiting for last 200,000 years(Mankind) for us learn to read and write???


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  51. #51
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,163
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    Its a theory that has tons of evidence to support it and has consensus amongst the scientific community . The reason it is deemed a theory because possibly in the future there could be new evidence that comes to light that alters our understanding of evolution. In science the paradigm of knowledge shifts there is always experiments and research going on. As opposed to religion where statements is made about how this is the unquestionable truth for all eternity. Out of all the theories about how life came about on Earth evolution is the one that makes sense the most. Much more than creationism story which is just a fairytale.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Somehow i always agree with you on this subject every single time.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    19,814
    Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    IIRC he was follower of Sheikh Ahmed Deedat of South Africa. After listening to some of Deedat lectures Zakir left practicing as a doctor and turned more towards religion. He copy most of Deedat style.


    " It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic – it is when the stars align. "

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    12,371
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Much more believable than what any religion ever comes up with.Somehow God has miraculously shown up in last 4500 years for different religions, can't believe people don't question that at all,was he/she waiting for last 200,000 years(Mankind) for us learn to read and write???
    The same Zakir Naik belittles people who ask him about Islam and evolution. Saying evolution is just a theory and if it is true why isn't it called the evolutionary fact. But then uses Quranic verses to show how The Big Bang theory was already revealed in the Quran. When after all that using his logic the Big Bang theory is just that a theory it isn't the Big Bang fact.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    The same Zakir Naik belittles people who ask him about Islam and evolution. Saying evolution is just a theory and if it is true why isn't it called the evolutionary fact. But then uses Quranic verses to show how The Big Bang theory was already revealed in the Quran. When after all that using his logic the Big Bang theory is just that a theory it isn't the Big Bang fact.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    everyone should watch that video when kid ask him question about evolution and how pathetic display of behavior he showed...whatever respect anyone have left for him will be gone after seeing that video...

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    12,371
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan007 View Post
    everyone should watch that video when kid ask him question about evolution and how pathetic display of behavior he showed...whatever respect anyone have left for him will be gone after seeing that video...
    http://youtu.be/Ndpsuvg48fc. I was just watching that now.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  56. #56
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    4,470
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sheikh Buti on The creation of man and the evolution theory.

    http://www.naseemalsham.com/en/Pages...ution%20Theory


    "The hypocrite seeks for faults, the believer seeks for excuses"-Imam al Ghazali (ra)

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,153
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    Used to love him as a kid he was celebrated a lot by family members the way he used to debate and challenge Christian Hindu debaters and use their own scriptures against them . But as some of have said his praise of Yazid has lost him support amongst a lot of mainstream Desi Muslims. Also older i have got i just see him as a guy who is very good at manipulating words and has a superb memory. But his belittling attitude towards other religions is something i dont agree with. Also his refusal to agree with evolution because "its a theory not a fact". His use of vague Quranic verses to prove The Quran revealed the Big Bang Theory 1400 years ago yet i wonder why no Muslim physicist discovered it.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Its not about praising Yazeed Bin Muawiyah , its about making a blunder and saying yazeed fits a Hadeeth in bukhari which says a particular group will be in Paradise.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    467
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Why do people dislike zakir naik so much ?

    I have realised one thing on this forum, it is that most of the people don"t like naik..... but why ?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,081
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps he is the only indian which all pakistanis love....

  60. #60
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's from a different sect than the one they follow.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,122
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is terrible to listen to. His Hindi-Urdu is even worse then a five year old kid's! Those high pants give me the creeps where as his preaching seems to be about attacking other faiths more then propagating Islam. No need to compare Islam to other faiths when preaching the world of Allah leaving a bad taste in the mouth. Leaders of other faiths can surely speak for themselves. That "every Muslim should be a terrorist" shows how stupid this man is. This humiliated man spoke against the creation of Pakistan and has now been banned from entering his own country. Then are many more intelligent preachers like Tahir-ul-Qadri, Yusuf Estes and late Dr Israr Ahmed amongst others who know far more then he does.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 1st June 2018 at 20:55.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,122
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because he has memorised many verses from various Holy books does not mean he understands them. His preaching only appeals to a certain group of people who will agree with everything he says. Even many Muslim's disagree with many if not all his comments.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    236
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has helped convert many Hindus to Islam, no point hating him.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    762
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another jahil mullah just like the rest of them

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,122
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musakhel View Post
    He has helped convert many Hindus to Islam, no point hating him.
    No one is hating him. Many if not most of those converts end up returning to Hinduism after a while. His way of preaching is wrong.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    762
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musakhel View Post
    He has helped convert many Hindus to Islam, no point hating him.
    And this is a good thing?

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    475
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Islam is a deen not a mazhab.





  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    475
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



  69. #69
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I remember he once commentating on Sania Mirza's tennis attire something along the lines of 'rankings in tennis might improve but what about her ranking in front of the almighty'?

    Been fan since.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    475
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    475
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    475
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  73. #73
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,153
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third_Umpire View Post
    And this is a good thing?
    If a person converts by paying money or at gun point or for any worldly materialistic thing it is bad. If through proofs then it is good.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,153
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third_Umpire View Post
    Another jahil mullah just like the rest of them
    He is a doctor in real life , how you calling him Jahil ?

  75. #75
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,153
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Just because he has memorised many verses from various Holy books does not mean he understands them. His preaching only appeals to a certain group of people who will agree with everything he says. Even many Muslim's disagree with many if not all his comments.
    Can you tell me one single Muslim scholar now , with whom everyone agrees ?

  76. #76
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,153
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Tahir-ul-Qadri, Yusuf Estes and late Dr Israr Ahmed amongst others who know far more then he does.
    I will show you clips from lectures of Israr Ahmed and Tahir Qadri , will you able to defend them ?

  77. #77
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,122
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Can you tell me one single Muslim scholar now , with whom everyone agrees ?
    I don't know "everyone", do I?? What I do know is that many disagree with Zakir.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,122
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    I will show you clips from lectures of Israr Ahmed and Tahir Qadri , will you able to defend them ?
    These two are by and large much more respected then the annoying Zakir Naik.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    236
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    These two are by and large much more respected then the annoying Zakir Naik.
    You probably don't like him because he is Indian, Arabs have great respect for naik, they fund his Dawah and gave him asylum recantly, Qadri on the other hand says one thing in front of europeans and preaches Modern Islam whatever that is to them and says other things when he is in Pakistan.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    1,638
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was shown his videos when I was younger as everyone in the community admired him and his youtube videos. But as I got older and began to see world differently I started to dislike him and people his ilk like Tariq Jameel. That's not because they are spreading word of god, but because they have so much influence and following within the younger generation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •