Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved his bowling; very similar to me in bowling.

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Saleem Malik in the news again due to Warne raking up old stuff

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    I loved his bowling; very similar to me in bowling.
    So you copied Malik's bowling style? Thats a first

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the few genuinely class pakistani batsmen , its a shame forgiveness for us pakistani isnt common

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misia View Post
    One of the few genuinely class pakistani batsmen , its a shame forgiveness for us pakistani isnt common
    Pakistan has forgiven many - Amir, Afridi, Akhtar etc.
    Malik's case got highlighted too much by media. So no way he could be taken back.
    Now though I am ok with him getting a second chance.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rarely spoken about, even today.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Tainted former Pakistan captain Saleem Malik has decided to approach the ICC after failing to get a reply from the country’s board on his plea to help him get back to cricket activities again.

According to Pakistan Cricket Board sources, Malik cannot take up any cricket activities in the country despite a lower court overturning the life ban imposed on him on charges of corrupt practices.

“I have written to the PCB asking them to send me the questionnaire which they want to ask me about my meetings in London and also have informed them I am ready to meet all conditions of anti-corruption code rehabilitation program,” Malik said.

“But so far they have not responded so I have decided that I will also approach the ICC to get justice. I stand cleared by a court of law and there is no reason for either the ICC or PCB to stop me from getting involved in cricket activities again.”

The former batsman was banned for life for match-fixing by the PCB in 2000 on the recommendations of the Justice Malik Qayyum inquiry report.

But in 2008, he got the life ban overturned by a district and sessions court in Lahore.

The board has said it first wants him to clarify some issues pertaining to his having meetings in London in 2011.

Malik also confirmed he was concerned about the future of his son who he claimed was a very good cricketer.

“No one should show bias against my son because of me. He is a very talented cricketer but they didn’t select him for the Under-19 team saying he is overage which is not true,” Malik said.

The former captain said he wanted to get involved in coaching at the National Cricket Academy.

“I have no desire to join the Pakistan team in any capacity and I will be happy coaching at the NCA,” he said.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...h-icc-6407015/

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Tainted and banned cricketers want a high paying coaching job. Some have admitted guilt like Danish Kaneria, M Asif, Salman Butt and other like the Kamran Akmal, Saleem Malik and Ata ur Rehman etc to this day remain defiant and maintain innocence.
    Now I see why giving a second chance to Mohd Amir was a Mistake? because now every corrupt cricketer wants the royal treatment and no one even shows an iota of remorse. Rameez is right.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has once again made a contact with former Pakistan captain Salim Malik, sending a questionnaire relating to a pending inquiry against him, since 2011.

Sources told Dawn on Thursday that until and unless Malik replies to the pending inquiry, he will not be cleared to join any cricket body affiliated with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

The inquiry is related to his alleged meetings held in the UK in 2000 when he was banned for life by retired Justice Abdul Qayyum Commission the same year. After the commission banned him for life, it is alleged that Malik had some suspected meetings in the UK, the transcripts of which were obtained by the ICC and which raised doubts over the purpose of these meetings.

Later, Salim succeeded in winning a case against the ban from a civil court in 2008. The PCB did not challenge the verdict of the court as Malik was cleared. The PCB also paid his provident fund and other dues after the court’s verdict.

Former chairman PCB Ijaz Butt also appointed him as head coach in the National Cricket Academy in the same year of 2008 but the PCB failed to get the backing of ICC in that decision and it was overturned within hours. Later, the ICC anti-corruption unit initiated another inquiry against Salim Malik in 2011 about his meetings held in the UK.

In a recent media talk, PCB’s lawyer Taffazul Rizvi had pointed out that first Salim should provide answers to the questions he was given in 2011 and only then he will be allowed to work in cricket-related projects. Salim, however, has denied that he was ever given any such questions about any meetings in the UK. To that, the PCB has responded now and have once again sent him the questionnaire pertaining to the inquiry.

A PCB spokesman said no ban exists on Salim Malik but an inquiry is pending against him since 2011.

Despite repeated efforts, Salim Malik could not be contacted on his cell phone.

It is interesting to note, however, that from the year 2000 to his clearance from the court in 2008, the ICC did not ask Salim to answer any questions about any inquiry related to his UK meetings.

Salim, now 57, represented Pakistan in 103 Tests and 283 ODIs and was considered one of the finest batsmen ever produced by Pakistan. He is also in the list of successful captains of the country.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1557145/pc...is-uk-meetings

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ball is in Salim Malik's court now

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Currently facing an inquiry, former Pakistan skipper Salim Malik on Friday came out all guns blazing saying he will face the new probe initiated by the Pakistan Cricket Board against him, and strongly criticised the appointment of Nadeem Khan as PCB director high performance.

Salim appealed to Prime Minister Imran Khan to take action over the said appointment in which he claimed merit was totally ignored.

Talking to Dawn, Salim said he had received a questionnaire from the PCB. “I will give a perfect reply to all the questions,” stated the former right-handed batsman who was banned for life over his involvement in match-fixing in 2000.

The PCB claims that the International Cricket Council (ICC) had a transcript of Salim Malik’s meetings in the UK back in 2000, when he was banned by retired Justice Malik Qayyum in a match-fixing probe the same year.

However, the case surfaced again in 2011, three years after Salim succeeded in winning a case against his life ban in a lower court in 2008.

“This new inquiry which the PCB claims it received from the ICC in 2011 is a totally false claim,” the 57-year-old Salim insisted.

“In the past when I was banned, I was told by the PCB about this new case and I have been requesting the PCB officials namely Haroon Rasheed, Intikhab Alam and others to give me any ICC document about that case, but none of them gave me even a single paper,” he maintained.

“Now they [PCB] have sent me a questionnaire comprising 50 questions but [with] no ICC document attached. The media should ask the PCB to show them ICC’s transcript against me,” he said.

Salim has been given 15 days to respond to the questionnaire. “In fact, when one has been punished in any case then the ICC has no further concern in that case. When I was banned by Justice Qayyum, for what [purpose] the ICC is showing interest in my case. It is wrong that the ICC has any concern in my case,” he remarked. “Though I had been fighting my case in the lower court till 2008 against the ban and the PCB has the same transcript which it talked about with me in 2000. But it did not contest it in the lower court. If they did not contest [it] deliberately, it is also a criminal act.”

Salim said he had gone through the questionnaire sent to him by the PCB. “But those queries are irrelevant,” he reckoned and claimed that a strong group within the PCB had been working against him.

Meanwhile, Salim said it was shameful that Nadeem Khan, who failed in NCA coaching course, has been appointed as PCB director high performance.

“I appeal to [Prime Minister] Imran Khan, who has been a staunch campaigner of merit and transparency, to take notice of this appointment,” Salim said.

The former Pakistan captain said the PCB always considers such cricketers for high posts who have played one or two international matches because “the PCB knows that it would be hard for them to handle star cricketers”. “Where are Younis Khan, Pakistan’s top run-getter in Tests, and stylish batsman Mohammad Yousuf? Younis also won the 2009 T20 World Cup as captain. Similarly, where is Javed Miandad, the top legendary batsman produced by this country?” he asked.

“I have been raising this point that there is no need to play 100 Test matches for Pakistan, just one or two are enough because the PCB likes low-profile cricketers who can work like puppets. But a star cricketer cannot dance to their tune,” Salim, who played 103 Tests and 283 ODIs from 1982 to 2000, said sarcastically.

When highlighted that the PCB says Nadeem’s assignment is not coaching related but largely concerns strategies and administrative affairs, as he has worked as administrator of the UBL Sports Complex, Salim retorted: “If Nadeem has run any company as CEO, does deserve such a big post? There have been a good number of cricketers, who have served Pakistan cricket but such persons are not required by the PCB, while in other countries they [boards] love them.

“Imran Khan as captain fought many times with the PCB on selection affairs to uphold merit. However, unfortunately it is no longer the case in the incumbent PCB where a strong lobby is busy in bringing in its like-minded cricketers, ignoring merit in the process.”

https://www.dawn.com/news/1557364/sa...-questionnaire

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Don't think Salim Malik should be criticising the PCB publically like this especially when he is appealing for their help as well at the same time.

I wonder if he has any issues with Nadeem Khan?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    When highlighted that the PCB says Nadeemís assignment is not coaching related but largely concerns strategies and administrative affairs, as he has worked as administrator of the UBL Sports Complex, Salim retorted: ďIf Nadeem has run any company as CEO, does deserve such a big post? There have been a good number of cricketers, who have served Pakistan cricket but such persons are not required by the PCB, while in other countries they [boards] love them.
    Well... yes... itís an administrative job so a CEO would be far more qualified than someone like Younis Khan or Mohammad Yousuf. God forbid.

Just the usual attention seeking stuff from another ex cricketer

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So modus operandi of these crooks is to betray the country, make lots of money, when caught deny and claim conspiracy, then come clean after years and say they weren't alone but won't tell us who the others were, ask for forgiveness and tell us they have a lot to contribute. The PCB should come out and tell them to get lost.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mightíve been a cricketing genius but itís too late to for remorse now.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1861 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Time for Salim Malik to put up or shut up.

He's being saying a lot recently and now it's time for him to deliver and actually prove that he is worthy of a second chance.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Time for Salim Malik to put up or shut up.

He's being saying a lot recently and now it's time for him to deliver and actually prove that he is worthy of a second chance.
    Personally speaking, I feel that this is a real own goal from Salim Malik, if he had any aspirations of returning to the professional game in a coaching capacity.

A better strategy would have been to show contrition, complete the questionnaire and request the PCB for the ICC trascript. It's not as if he can be punished twice even if something did come up from 2011.

He then discredits the PCB by going for the usual 'somebody has an agenda against me' stance, when he should be going for a much more conciliatory tone, to atleast get on their good side.

And finally he ridicules the pcb by harshly criticising Nadeem Khan's appointment, by using the questionable logic that only a big player can be an effective coach. There are literally scores of players with average careers who became legendary coaches and administrators. This statement again goes against the current PCB approach, where a clear effort is being made by the body to professionalise itself by employing capable people rather than 'names'.

Lastly, his reaching put to Imran Khan to get a reprieve, rather than going through the proper PCB channels is just so incredibly archaic, and frustrating to see.

I had, as a fan, forgiven Malik and hoped to see him use his knowledge and experience to help the PCB again. However these new, incredibly I'll advised comments have stopped any chance of that happening.

Let's see what happens...
    Last edited by KingOfPakBreakfast; 16th May 2020 at 20:06.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    According to many sources Salim Malik is only trying to get into Pakistan Cricket so that his son doesn't face any problems with his cricketing career. His son got black listed by the U19 selectors because he was Salim Malik's son but they say his son is a very good batsman.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    After all the crap this man has pulled over the years, you'd expect a bit of humility. Ridiculous outburst that should put an end to any talk of Salim making a comeback into the setup.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    According to reports:

Saleem Malik says he has got PCB's questionnaire and he will file the answer after Eid; says I remained quiet for too long, wont make same mistake again

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1861 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Over to Malik.

Last chance saloon for him.

Put up, or shut up.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Over to Malik.

Last chance saloon for him.

Put up, or shut up.
    He wont do either. The guy is a crook, he wants a way back in. My message to this crook is to get lost.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistan’s tainted former captain Saleem Malik has received a letter from PCB’s Anti-Corruption Unit, asking him to respond to a set of questions which include those pertaining to his meetings with some people in London in 2011.

Malik, who was banned for life in 2000 by a judicial commission for match-fixing but was cleared by a sessions court in 2008, had launched a campaign to force the Pakistan Cricket Board to give him clearance to get back to cricket activities.

The 57-year-old said he will be replying to the questions with all honesty as he bids to return to cricket again.

“I have sent the questionnaire to my lawyers and I am going to answer to each and each every question honestly. I have had enough of keeping quiet. I will now write down the truth,” he said.

Malik said the questions pertained to his career as a Pakistan captain, players and events leading to his ban and thereafter.

Malik said he was made a scapegoat in 2000 and now he was fed up with the situation.

“Others named in the same report have gone on to get big positions in cricket and are working. I have been struggling for past 20 years to get permission to get involved in coaching. Why is it like this when my ban has been lifted,” he said.

Malik, who played 103 Tests and over 200 ODIs, said he was keen to get clearance as his son was a very talented player and he didn’t want him to suffer because of him.

“They didn’t select him for junior level saying he was overage which is not right. But I want my son to play on merit. If he is good he should get his chances.”

The Justice Malik Qayyum banned Malik for life in 2000 but had also outlined a number of recommendations pertaining to other players questioned in the inquiry, who were deemed to not have cooperated in the probe.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/crick...le31668388.ece