Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Ilkay Gundogan

A fine footballer currently at Borussia Dortmund.

Plays in midfield for Germany also.

Every time I've seen him play he's impressed me and it seems like some of the Premiership heavyweights like Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United are interested in signing him.

Would be a great signing I think.
    Last edited by Saj; 4th January 2016 at 21:09.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    excellent player but has had quite a few injury problems over the last two seasons which hasnt helped his career progression but hes got all the attributes to do well if he was signed up to play in premier league, he may end up at liverpool i reckon if klopp shows an interest in him.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone was interested in signing him a couple years ago, now it seems no one wants him.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gundogan was at his peak a couple seasons ago, but unfortunately, injuries got the best of him. Hopefully, he can stay injury free for a while and get back to where he was, because he was simply sensational and would walk into any team.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having said that, hope United sign him

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    juve being linked with him as well, however i can see him do a reus and staying, verrati will leave this yr, i can see barca/manu/city/chelsea going after him.

With verrati he can do the dog work by pressing opposition and fouling them while being counter attack, gets a lot off yellow cards for the team

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    Everyone was interested in signing him a couple years ago, now it seems no one wants him.
    Whoa! No one wants him? Not so sure about that.

In the summer, there were strong links to Barca, Bayern and United. IMO he's a top class MF player and his form this season has been good. He was one of my dream buys before his terrible back injury. He seems to be making his way back to that form.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think teams are waiting to see how he performs after coming out of long injury layoff that is why I believe no one went after him this past season. But I think this coming season, many teams will go after him

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talzy007 View Post
    Having said that, hope United sign him
    He probably would rather join a team that can give him regular champions league football, hes better off joining leicester or spurs

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    He probably would rather join a team that can give him regular champions league football, hes better off joining leicester or spurs
    Without Champions League football, Man United are still a big enough club to attract most top quality players. The same can't be said about Arsenal and any other English club.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Without Champions League football, Man United are still a big enough club to attract most top quality players. The same can't be said about Arsenal and any other English club.
    Current Arsenal Side > Current United Side
    Özil , Sanchez , Cech are top players of Europe Same can't Be said about MU..Probably U have only De gea and Maybe Rooney (Wastly Overrated IMO)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Liverpool will probably go for him as he's part of BVB and Klopp would probably like to get some players from there as he managed the club. He tried getting Aubameyang.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    being very heavily linked to Juve, whispers of BVB knocking back a 30M Euro bid for him already.

if he can show the form he did back in 12/13 then he will be a very welcome upgrade to any top side, class player.

Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy123 View Post
    Özil , Sanchez , Cech are top players of Europe Same can't Be said about MU..Probably U have only De gea and Maybe Rooney (Wastly Overrated IMO)

Lol only Ozil is top European player. Sanchez and Cech are overrated. Rooney isn't good anymore but back in the day he was world class.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Did you just start watching football this season? And if that was a joke, your sarcasm needs some serious work.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy123 View Post

Oh Arsenal fans, where have you been for the past 11-12 years...

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rooney has been poor for the past couple of seasons. Sanchez is a beast of a player, and Ozil is playing really well this season, its your title to lose. But, Arsenal are the South Africa of football, chokers, so I wouldn't be surprised if Man City end up title winners

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gundo, Emre Can, Arda Turan, Ozil ... Turkey sure produce some quality midfielders ... unfortunately most of them play for Germany

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 161 View Post
    Gundo, Emre Can, Arda Turan, Ozil ... Turkey sure produce some quality midfielders ... unfortunately most of them play for Germany
    Similar to Algeria and France tbf

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    A while back it seemed Liverpool was his first choice with Klopp there and also Emre Can. However with Champions League football not a certainty for Liverpool, it looks like he may be tempted by other options.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Starting to show his class.

2 goals tonight against Barcelona at the moment.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has also done a great job of hustling Busquets. De Bruyne and him have been immense tonight.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    He is brilliant. As good as any CM in the world but is very injury prone.

At his best he is the closest thing to Xavi I've seen in the last few years.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He is brilliant. As good as any CM in the world but is very injury prone.

At his best he is the closest thing to Xavi I've seen in the last few years.
    You haven't seen Fabregas.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    You haven't seen Fabregas.
    As an Arsenal fan since 1999, I have seen more of Fabregas than anyone else, and he has progressively declined as a midfielder since 2010.

Right now, Kroos, Modric, Gundogan, Rakitic, Verratti and Pjanic are some of the CMs who are ahead of him in most departments.

Fabregas is burned out; he played too much football in his youth and has had an early decline, same case as Rooney. His brilliant vision is still intact but his legs are gone.

Still better than the overrated Pogba though, who is absolutely rubbish.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an Arsenal fan since 1999, I have seen more of Fabregas than anyone else, and he has progressively declined as a midfielder since 2010.

Right now, Kroos, Modric, Gundogan, Rakitic, Verratti and Pjanic are some of the CMs who are ahead of him in most departments.

Fabregas is burned out; he played too much football in his youth and has had an early decline, same case as Rooney. His brilliant vision is still intact but his legs are gone.

Still better than the overrated Pogba though, who is absolutely rubbish.
    Yea, but he is still the closest to Xavi even though he isn't the best CM. Imo Kroos and Vidal are the best atm.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Yea, but he is still the closest to Xavi even though he isn't the best CM. Imo Kroos and Vidal are the best atm.
    Actually, Fabregas is not similar to Xavi at all, because his ability to control possession and dictate the tempo of the play is nowhere near Xavi and the CMs that I mentioned are well ahead in this department as well.

Fabregas' best asset is his final ball and ability to score goals, but then he doesn't have the pace or the dribbling skills to play a great CAM/number 10.

It's very difficult to get the best out of Fabregas. Wenger managed it for a few years but getting the best out of him has consistently been a headache for other managers.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, Fabregas is not similar to Xavi at all, because his ability to control possession and dictate the tempo of the play is nowhere near Xavi and the CMs that I mentioned are well ahead in this department as well.

Fabregas' best asset is his final ball and ability to score goals, but then he doesn't have the pace or the dribbling skills to play a great CAM/number 10.

It's very difficult to get the best out of Fabregas. Wenger managed it for a few years but getting the best out of him has consistently been a headache for other managers.
    Neither does Xavi.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Neither does Xavi.
    Who said that he has?

He never had the attributes of a great CAM.

Fabregas doesn't have the qualities of a great CM or a great CAM, but he's a decent blend of both. That's why it is difficult to accommodate him in most systems.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Technically gifted,able to carry the all forward and pick a pass, can control the game from deep, can pick a pass from deep and high up the pitch, decent on either foot, and now adding goals to his games.

High quality footballer when fit always been a fan. One of the top cms in the world.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very very good player.

No idea how he only went for about Ł20m, that's a bargain, which is surprising considering how Man City usually are held hostage and made to pay high prices.

I'd actually say he's underrated, not many people give him enough credit, but maybe it's because he doesn't play for Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona.

Personally feel that Arturo Vidal is the best all-round midfielder in the world.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really unfair how Dortmund keep losing their best players; a bit like Atletico, but credit to both teams for staying top-class despite the greed of the big clubs.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up what appears to be a serious injury today. Terrible news for MCFC.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Terrific player, terrible luck.

Pep was saying 'several months'. Not sure how he can know the extent without a scan first.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Lahori View Post
    Terrific player, terrible luck.

Pep was saying 'several months'. Not sure how he can know the extent without a scan first.
    Out for the rest of the season. Massive blow for City and shattering for Ilkay.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Out for the rest of the season. Massive blow for City and shattering for Ilkay.
    Big loss for City.

Great player but there could be doubts over his career in future due to injuries I guess.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like i predicted he was only going to last a few months.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sad to hear about his injury.Hope he recovers soon and comes back strong.