User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)

PTI worker launches 'Sleeping Beauty' campaign to highlight 'misgovernance' in Karachi #FixIt

In a bid to highlight the plight of ordinary citizens in Karachi, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Central Joint Secretary Alamgir Khan has quite literally taken to the streets of the metropolis.

The campaign aims to highlight the day-to-day problems faced by the ‘ordinary man’ in the city. Everything from potholes to improper garbage disposal, Khan wants to start a movement that will shame the Sindh government into doing its job.

Khan took to the streets with a team of supporters to launch the “Sleeping Beauty – Please Wake Up” campaign. The team spray painted Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah’s face on the roads to bring attention to unattended issues around the city.

“I am an ordinary citizen of Karachi, and my only identity is that I am a Pakistani,” Alamgir says in the video.

“There are no facilities in the city and we face issues in every aspect of our daily lives. I am like any other Karachi resident, but I will not sit quietly like the others,” he adds.

“I am launching a campaign against the system,” he says, while asserting that this was just the beginning of the campaign. “I will put these pictures on every corner of Karachi.”

“Eat it! As poor children do,” said one of the signs, pointing to a pile of garbage on a street corner.

In his Facebook post, he urged all young Karachiites to join him in his cause, adding that he alone could not make a difference or attract attention to the campaign.

“Ideas are bullet-broof, hence I have no fear,” the PTI member concluded. The Sindh government has made no comment on the campaign as of yet.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1021679/...ce-in-karachi/
    Last edited by Strike Rate; 4th January 2016 at 11:29.

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic – it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Video

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic – it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    a very welcome movement, only issue for me is is that spray paint removable?

wouldn't want to look like vandalism.

Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff from PTI but i dont think that would awaken the corrupt PPP sell outs. I hope Pakistani people never vote them again to rule the fed again.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wonderful initiative by PTI. Vandalism solves all our problems! Let's all start spray painting our country.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    So Qayam Ali Shah the CM of Sindh = Sleeping Beauty i guess?

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Wonderful initiative by PTI. Vandalism solves all our problems! Let's all start spray painting our country.
    Although i am not much fan of PTI myself but in Sindh i personally welcome anything that goes against the corrupt PPP govt.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapse View Post
    Although i am not much fan of PTI myself but in Sindh i personally welcome anything that goes against the corrupt PPP govt.
    And the 83 years old CM spend most of the time sleeping in assembly and meetings (but well the real CM behind the scene is is adi faryal talpur).

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1022 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    oh so this is what its about.

saw a few signs and grafitti today

Qaim sahab is not Sleeping Beauty. He is a Zombie!

#MPGA

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Either that or we could hire Gullu Butts, we might have to consult the Sharif's on that..

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Either that or we could hire Gullu Butts, we might have to consult the Sharif's on that..
    Syed bhai har baat pe itna jazbaati mat howa karo. I think you need a nice tall glass of Punjabi lassi as well. It'll help you cool down.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work from PTI.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Why not write in Urdu? What is the point if the ghareeb awaam cannot read what the Youthians wrote?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Why not write in Urdu? What is the point if the ghareeb awaam cannot read what the Youthians wrote?
    Honestly clutching at straws. Expect better from you..

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Awaam is going to fix it or the sindh govt? He is writing on behalf of awaam and i don't think CM his ministers, ppp officials and media will find it hard to read those few words.

Kabhi to apni anti pti glasses utaar ker baat kerlya kro yaar than you blame others that they find something negative in each and every decision of federal govt? When you are doing same how are you better than them?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Honestly clutching at straws. Expect better from you..
    It is an honest question which I expect to be deflected in the name of straw clutching.

What is the point of writing it in English when your common man will not even be able to read it properly? Writing in Urdu only makes perfect sense, if they cannot write their qaumi zubaan, well, it is a different issue then.

Reminds me of a similar stunt last year when people used to write Go Nawaz Go in English on notes.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike Rate View Post
    Awaam is going to fix it or the sindh govt? He is writing on behalf of awaam and i don't think CM his ministers, ppp officials and media will find it hard to read those few words.

Kabhi to apni anti pti glasses utaar ker baat kerlya kro yaar than you blame others that they find something negative in each and every decision of federal govt? When you are doing same how are you better than them?
    I support the act but I find the use of English language here quite stupid. Can't see any justification for it, other than the fact that those who wrote it cannot write Urdu, which is a shame.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that is a big issue. I don't think the intended audience is the gareeb awam as they are already aware of the issue. I think the intention was to make it viral on social media in order to put pressure on Sindh government. Hence, the use of English makes more sense.

It's a decent initiative IMO
    Last edited by Gayle_Force; 5th January 2016 at 14:20.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    I support the act but I find the use of English language here quite stupid. Can't see any justification for it, other than the fact that those who wrote it cannot write Urdu, which is a shame.
    As i mentioned earlier the audience isn't the awaam but the sindh govt and they can read and write in english. Awaam is the one facing these issues they are not they one who are going to fix it.

btw the person who started this campaign is a pathan (noticed from his accent and name) so you can't even blame him for being a burger bacha from DHA

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the lot that the citizens of Sindh have cast with their vote and suffer they shall...PTI'ians should stay out and not interfere with the ongoing suffering of Sindhis, for it is what the latter truly desire and deserve.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaiderAbbasRizvi View Post
    This is the lot that the citizens of Sindh have cast with their vote and suffer they shall...PTI'ians should stay out and not interfere with the ongoing suffering of Sindhis, for it is what the latter truly desire and deserve.
    PPP only got 1 seat from 20 NA seats of Karachi. This is the problem when there are no powerful local governments because your city will suffer even if you didn't voted for the one in provisional govt. Sindhis are not even 3rd by population in Karachi.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Good job chalo kuch logon ka to bhela hua

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    #FixIt campaigner Alamgir arrested in Karachi

Social media campaigner and the man behind the #FixIt campaign Alamgir Khan was arrested on Thursday as he got into a scuffle with the police outside the Sindh CM House in Karachi.

Alamgir was about to empty garbage bins outside the Sindh Chief Minister House in Karachi when police tried to stop him and eventually arrested him.

Alamgir made headlines when he sprayed stencils of Sindh CM Qaim Ali Shah’s face near open manholes of the city, urging him to fix them.

After a brief talk with police and a minor scuffle, the campaigner was taken away by police personnel.

Speaking to the media before his arrest, Alamgir said, “Karachi produces 12 tonnes of garbage on a daily basis; this garbage could be recycled to generate electricity and other useful products.”

“I cautioned the authorities in advance to take action and clean the garbage littered in the city, but it was not cleaned and I took the symbolic initiative of a peaceful protest against it,” Alamgir maintained.

“Instead of letting me know where I could spill the garbage, provincial authorities placed a container in my way and deployed police to bar me from reaching the CM House.”

“I am not here to harm the sanctity of CM House; I want them to realise how this garbage causes diseases and inconvenience to the citizens,” Alamgir added.

Supporters of the campaign gathered outside the Civil Lines Police Station, where the activist has reportedly been detained, and painted images of CM Shah to protest Alamgir’s arrest and demand his immediate release.

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Karachi leader Imran Ismail and other PTI workers are also present outside the police station to express solidarity with Alamgir.

Meanwhile, police launched a case against the campaigner at Civil Lines police station under Section 341 of the constitution.

According to the SHO, Alamgir Khan will be present in a court of law on Friday for “blocking the red zone near the CM’s House.”

Earlier on January 13, Alamgir invited the Sindh CM to “come see me if he [CM] needed to contact me,” saying Qaim Ali Shah would have to come where he had invited him.
    http://tribune.com.pk/story/1054309/...er-in-karachi/

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is a genius now starts another campaign and left message for CM at SeaView

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    He is a genius now starts another campaign and left message for CM at SeaView

where and for what ???seaside??/

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    where and for what ???seaside??/
    He left this message for CM of Sindh after cleaning of the beach today at SeaView.

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    He left this message for CM of Sindh after cleaning of the beach today at SeaView.
    great work.......this man is a genius indeed.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Seems more like a social media campaign with the backhanded jibes and use of English than anything that will gain them traction on the ground.

Fully expect the PPP to continue ruling Sindh for centuries to come.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Seems more like a social media campaign with the backhanded jibes and use of English than anything that will gain them traction on the ground.

Fully expect the PPP to continue ruling Sindh for centuries to come.
    That may change soon. The census is underway at the moment and most predict that the population of Karachi will be roughly equal to the population of rest of Sindh. Meaning PPP can't just win in interior Sindh and rule over it's biggest city without any support here. The next provincial government in Sindh will be a coalition between PPP/MQM*

*MQM is very vulnerable at the moment and if PTI play their cards right they can easily displace them.

Also this Fixit thing is very popular even within the masses in Karachi. This is not just a one off, you will find the fixit teams clearing streets of garbage or removing wall graffiti. Ideally their message should have been in Urdu but this much of english isn't hard to understand.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the government is as incompetent as they come
    PPP is the worst party in Pak.
    100s of domestic issues are there and no one's there to actually fix it.
    the middle and lower class live a crap and depressed life.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    That may change soon. The census is underway at the moment and most predict that the population of Karachi will be roughly equal to the population of rest of Sindh. Meaning PPP can't just win in interior Sindh and rule over it's biggest city without any support here. The next provincial government in Sindh will be a coalition between PPP/MQM*

*MQM is very vulnerable at the moment and if PTI play their cards right they can easily displace them.

Also this Fixit thing is very popular even within the masses in Karachi. This is not just a one off, you will find the fixit teams clearing streets of garbage or removing wall graffiti. Ideally their message should have been in Urdu but this much of english isn't hard to understand.
    People don't want clean streets and flat roads. They want Roti Kapra Makan and a Bhutto in every house.

Who says they can give this to them? Exactly - the PPP.