Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    NZ have no spinners so Rizwan is safe
    I didn't say he would be dropped right after the NZ series, but do see him being dropped.

The PSL and Asia cup will be a big test for him.

Let's see how he does.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    that was sarcastic bro... hopeu took it that way.... It is quite norm with PCT & PCB, youngsta beauties will always have a roller coaster ride in the batting order to accomodate misfiring or underperforming seniors
    Haha, sorry for that. There still are some lovers for Younis the ODI batsman on this forum so gotta be proactive.

Same thing is being done with babar azam and rizwan these days. Rizwan plays in the top 4 in domestic ODs and scored heavily as an opener or #3 in the pentangular cup. If hacks like Bilal Asif can open for Pakistan, I don't understand why Rizwan can't be given a shot in that opening slot.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    Haha, sorry for that. There still are some lovers for Younis the ODI batsman on this forum so gotta be proactive.

Same thing is being done with babar azam and rizwan these days. Rizwan plays in the top 4 in domestic ODs and scored heavily as an opener or #3 in the pentangular cup. If hacks like Bilal Asif can open for Pakistan, I don't understand why Rizwan can't be given a shot in that opening slot.
    poor judges make poor decisions.. the pak team mgmt has below par thinking level... earlier they judged maqsood as a hack and pushed down to no.7 then this bilal asif who is a lower order slogger just like wahab asked to open... still thinks that hafeez is a top order batsman, when he is a sitting duck even if mathews can swing with his pace..sick of these team bro, cant think like a normal man...same like they want to open the bowling with anwar ali but dont wanna give chance to sadaf hussain, again citing injury reasons as their fast bowling cupboard is all fully fit and will never breakdown... Except Wahab all have been broken for the last one year and are yet to make return for some and even wahab got to stay out for few matches when he was injured..

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    poor judges make poor decisions.. the pak team mgmt has below par thinking level... earlier they judged maqsood as a hack and pushed down to no.7 then this bilal asif who is a lower order slogger just like wahab asked to open... still thinks that hafeez is a top order batsman, when he is a sitting duck even if mathews can swing with his pace..sick of these team bro, cant think like a normal man...same like they want to open the bowling with anwar ali but dont wanna give chance to sadaf hussain, again citing injury reasons as their fast bowling cupboard is all fully fit and will never breakdown... Except Wahab all have been broken for the last one year and are yet to make return for some and even wahab got to stay out for few matches when he was injured..
    Totally agree with you. The selectors and most of the people in PCB are incompetent. I still remeber the time when Moin Khan (when he was the chief selector) was asked about Sadaf Hussain, and he didn't even know who he was. Anwar Ali should be restricted to T20s only, his ODI bowling average is absurd.

Bilal Asif is probably the luckiest player to play for Pakistan, one century and he was in the team. Proper hitters like nauman anwar and sharjeel are being ignored for this useless player.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think if is worth giving Maqsood another look. He looked so good when he started. Some solid knocks at number 3 in ODIs then I dont know what happened. May be he will thrive under Sarfaraz?

He plays on bouncy pitches. Is powerful. Certainly has a better technique than Asif Ali.

I dont know how well he has done in domestic cricket recently but I urge team management to at least think about him.