Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketAnalyst View Post
    No hate from Indians in general.

Only Indians on this forum.

There is a subsection of the Indian fan-base that is classist and will never forgive Dhoni for being a small town boy.

There is a subsection of fans who are rabid about Test match and hate that Dhoni prefers IPL, T20 and ODIs to their sacred format.
    I have seen indians showing a gross attitude towards him on facebook pages and on other cricket forums as well. Always riding on the Kohli bandwagon when he is yet to win you a series outside Asia.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    non bailable warrant is too extreme.
    People need to grow a thick skin and shouldn't be choosy about when to take offence and when not.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great news. I feel so great to be an Indian and a Hindu now. Off course all this is MSDs fault. He should be omnipresent and make sure his photo is not misused . Kudos to our respected judiciary for taking up such an important issue. Blasphemy is most important issue in our country surpassing crime against women and violence.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I'm absolutely surprised regarding the hate Dhoni gets from Indian PP'ers and Indians in general. This guy won you the world, each and everything, and yet they act "na-shukray" towards him..
    7 long years as Indian captain across formats..retained as test captain despite one of the worst away records - Forget everything, He remains the T20 captain after 8 years! We will be the only team to go into the 6th WT20 with the same captain. Enough of a payback?

India hasn't won anything under him in entire 2015 and yet he gets a free pass as a captain. As a captain he's hurting the young team's captain and should have voluntarily retired after last WC.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aniket1911 View Post
    non bailable warrant is too extreme.
    People need to grow a thick skin and shouldn't be choosy about when to take offence and when not.
    Non-bailable isn't a big deal.

The name is very misleading and Dhoni can and will get bail, and in all likelihood will never have to enter the courtroom.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketAnalyst View Post
    Non-bailable isn't a big deal.

The name is very misleading and Dhoni can and will get bail, and in all likelihood will never have to enter the courtroom.
    If it appears to such officer or Court at any stage of the investigation; inquiry or trial, as the case may be, that there are not reasonable grounds for believing that the accused has committed non-bailable offence, but that there are sufficient grounds for further inquiry into his guilt, the accused shall, subject to the provision of section 446-A and pending such inquiry, be released on bail or, at the discretion of such officer or Court, on the execution by him of a bond without sureties for his appearance as hereinafter provided.
    Not sure if this apply to dhoni but other conditions for non bailable offence I read didn't apply to dhoni's Case.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't get it. Why is Dhoni being portrayed as a Hindu deity wrong but then we have all seen Hindus worshiping Sachin as a god in the past?

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoonyaSifar View Post
    7 long years as Indian captain across formats..retained as test captain despite one of the worst away records - Forget everything, He remains the T20 captain after 8 years! We will be the only team to go into the 6th WT20 with the same captain. Enough of a payback?

India hasn't won anything under him in entire 2015 and yet he gets a free pass as a captain. As a captain he's hurting the young team's captain and should have voluntarily retired after last WC.
    He is overrated. Some people were calling him an ATG because he's apparently a legendary captain and being great in ODIs means that you're in the same category as guys like Imran, Sachin and Gilchrist.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The magazine are buffoons they should have used Sachin for this photo ad, would be a more natural pose for the Cricket God

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson
    Proud Green Blooded Pakistani

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Kuwait
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder how come TV serial Ramayan is so popular over years and years.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    811 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pak Warrior View Post
    The magazine are buffoons they should have used Sachin for this photo ad, would be a more natural pose for the Cricket God
    Then case must be filed against Vishnu for blasphemy.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The whole thing just is ridiculous.

I agree though that Kohli should lead India in all 3 formats. Dhoni is very valuable for India as a keeper batsman.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I'm absolutely surprised regarding the hate Dhoni gets from Indian PP'ers and Indians in general. This guy won you the world, each and everything, and yet they act "na-shukray" towards him..
    He's past his sell by date is the simple answer. Azharuddin and Jadeja were former heroes found guilty of match fixing perhaps once they were deemed over the hill and it's a useful tactic to diffuse rumours of fixing by making an example of disposable players.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    He's past his sell by date is the simple answer. Azharuddin and Jadeja were former heroes found guilty of match fixing perhaps once they were deemed over the hill and it's a useful tactic to diffuse rumours of fixing by making an example of disposable players.
    Jadeja wasn't over the hill, as matter of fact he was the captain or vice captain of Indian ODI side at that time and probably would have taken over instead of Ganguly after Azhar

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    I don't get it. Why is Dhoni being portrayed as a Hindu deity wrong but then we have all seen Hindus worshiping Sachin as a god in the past?
    Because Dhoni isn't Sachin, Sach is GOD, Dhoni isn't

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapse View Post
    I have seen indians showing a gross attitude towards him on facebook pages and on other cricket forums as well. Always riding on the Kohli bandwagon when he is yet to win you a series outside Asia.
    First let him captain a series outside Asia, pretty sure there will be many of those in the Kohli era

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Is it disrespectful to the Hindu culture to pose as a god?

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Looks like Indians share the same gene as Bangladeshi people. This is just downright ridiculous
    That shouldn't be a surprise.......

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Friggin deserved it, who the heck does he think he is ? He is not a kid, he is a 34 year old man. Name me a 34 year old man that dresses up like a god. Hope he is banned from playing cricket for 2 years till CSK comes back.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silly boy. Because he IS a God.

Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Then case must be filed against Vishnu for blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by javiersuka View Post
    Do you or your family enter a Temple wearing shoes ? Pata hai tum bade Secular Liberal ho , par thodi to akkal use karo.
    I'd like to see your lot go through the day without the use of your feet which you despise so much. Or maybe you're too busy meditating under a Bodhi tree

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thivagar View Post
    Friggin deserved it, who the heck does he think he is ? He is not a kid, he is a 34 year old man. Name me a 34 year old man that dresses up like a god. Hope he is banned from playing cricket for 2 years till CSK comes back.
    I presume you never watch dramas and plays in india.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    agreed

very bad tactic to dispose both of them off. One became a politician and was still guilty....dual standards at best.
    I pity him to be honest

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Dhoni is not issued an arrest warrent to pose like a god. He is issued a warrant because he is not appearing in the court which is taken as contempt of court and totally different issue from the original case.

We all know he wont be charged for posing as a god but he needs to show some respect to the court. Even salman khan has to go to court in jodhpur for his extinct species hunting case almost every month for years.

Lets not mix the issues here, i say its dhoni's fault for not respecting the court.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    ^ So we have an actor playing the same god that Dhoni dressed up like and we already know that Sachin is seen as a god by many Hindus as well.

I don't understand why this is a problem now.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dhoni can never do something like this intentionally. I dont know why these people do something like this. Maybe to get publicity.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one will disrupt the status quo. So nothing is gonna happen to him. He will happily complete the Australian tour without even caring about this arrest warrant. Injustice rules.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    811 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    ^ So we have an actor playing the same god that Dhoni dressed up like and we already know that Sachin is seen as a god by many Hindus as well.

Issue is #17

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    No one will disrupt the status quo. So nothing is gonna happen to him. He will happily complete the Australian tour without even caring about this arrest warrant. Injustice rules.
    What Injustice?

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol not literally.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    lol not literally.
    Literally. I've seen people worshiping at his altar.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should arrest him while batting and extradite to India.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally. I've seen people worshiping at his altar.
    Lol you actually think people worship sachin as a real God ? There are some people who even worship rajnikant but such people are so minute in number that it is ridiculous to even mention that, Sachin isn't literally considered GOD

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrom_ball View Post
    Lol you actually think people worship sachin as a real God ? There are some people who even worship rajnikant but such people are so minute in number that it is ridiculous to even mention that, Sachin isn't literally considered GOD
    So there are people that worship Sachin. Thanks for backing me up.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So there are people that worship Sachin. Thanks for backing me up.
    I didn't back you , I refuted you, you said many hindus and I said the number is so minute that it is ridiculous to even mention it, nice try though

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I didn't back you , I refuted you, you said many hindus and I said the number is so minute that it is ridiculous to even mention it, nice try though
    You didn't provide any statistics to prove that my statement was wrong. You did help solidify my point by saying that there are Hindus who worship Sachin. Thanks again.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Injustice?
    Some unknown person would have been arrested immediately.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theariezman View Post
    I wonder how come TV serial Ramayan is so popular over years and years.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
    It shuts up kids and let the adults do their own thing. That was the only time my house didn't look like the beach of Normandy during the D-day.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    NEW DELHI: Indian Supreme Court on Thursday quashed a criminal case against Mahendra Singh Dhoni in a case related to hurting religious sentiments.

The case was related to Dhoni being portrayed as Lord Vishnu on the cover of a magazine. The top court observed that there was no deliberate or malicious intent on Dhoni’s part and no case had been made out.

Supreme Court observed that it would be travesty of justice if Dhoni was prosecuted as he didn’t do anything with malicious intent.

The top court also quashed the case against the editor of the magazine in question.

The case was registered at Anantpur in Andhra Pradesh.

The top court took Dhoni’s petition for quashing criminal proceedings against him for allegedly hurting religious sentiments by portraying himself as a God on a magazine cover.

The top court had already quashed the case against him in Karnataka and Dhoni then moved the court to quash another FIR filed by a different person.

The Supreme Court had, on Sept 5, 2016, cancelled criminal proceedings against Dhoni in a case in Karnataka that accused him of hurting religious sentiments by being featured as Lord Vishnu in a business magazine.

A bench headed by Justice Ranjan Gogoi granted relief to Dhoni after noting that the trial court in Karnataka erred in summoning the cricketer without following the due procedure of law.

“We interfere with the order of the High Court and quash the proceedings including the summoning order against the accused... we have taken note of the complaint and the offence alleged while passing this order,” the bench had said.

An edition of the Business Today magazine had in April 2013 shown Dhoni as Lord Vishnu with many hands holding, among other things, a shoe, in an article titled ‘The God of Big Deals.’

Meanwhile, Suresh Raina said players like Dhoni should always be respected.

“I was disappointed. He has done so well for the country. He should be respected every time. It’s about not me saying, it’s the world saying,” Raina said.

“Having shared the dressing room with him, you know what goes through when one faces hardships. He (Dhoni) should be respected as a player. In any profession, be it as a player or a journalist, you need to be respected. Even a player, however short his career span may be, wants to earn respect.”

Raina said that Kohli’s aggression is his biggest plus point.

“Kohli has done really well in that department (passion and intensity). I feel he will lift the Champions Trophy for India.”

https://www.dawn.com/news/1328226/su...-against-dhoni

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Bizarre case comes to an expected conclusion.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter