Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Chris Lynn - Big-hitting Australian batsman

Ive watched the BBL on skysports pretty much from the start of the tournament and one player who has stood out all the way Through is Chris Lynn of the Brisbane Heat, game after game hes scored heavily and pretty much carried his team. In current game hes just smashed Ben hilfenahaus for 5 sixes in a row. He should definatley be looked at as a international player for Australia in shorter formats of the game.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was he not in the psl auction?

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Yes he should be and is very unlucky not to be in the current series.

He and Behrendorff have to play in the World T20

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner786 View Post
    Was he not in the psl auction?
    Nope. PSL is during the shield season.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2691 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Brutal hitting. Chunky piece of willow he's got. Got to be in the squad for sure. Great fielder as well.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Golden season for him, definitely should be in squad.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He even had a good time at the IPL a season or two ago and is a big hitter indeed.

Australia should look to have him in their T20 side especially with the WC just 2 months away.

He can surely be in the side ahead of the likes of Shaun Marsh and perhaps even Adam Voges.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always rated him and talked about him here.
    Great talent and best Australian LO midle order batsman for me (with Steve Smith).

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Chris Lynn's 27 sixes so far is the most by a batsman in the BBL. Chris Gayle held the previous record (22 sixes)

Also remember him scoring a brilliant hundred earlier on in this seasons BBL

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's such a good striker of the ball.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some pretty brutal hitting of a cricket ball today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVCbkTNHLWQ

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Chris Lynn rejects Queensland Cricket contract offer, snubs long-form for limited-overs amid injury

MASTER blaster Chris Lynn was offered a Queensland Cricket contract but rejected it to keep himself clear for lucrative T20 cricket.

Foxsports.com.au can reveal that Lynn has elected to pursue white ball formats instead of chasing a baggy green this summer - the first Australian player in his prime to do so, albeit temporarily and largely due to an ongoing shoulder problem.

The 27-year-old remains on amicable terms with Queensland Cricket and his decision has in no way fractured relationships with players, coaches or administrators. Nor will it influence whether he plays Sheffield Shield cricket further down the track.

Lynn’s decision to snub the longest form of cricket is mostly physical, but clearly there are financial ramifications too. He can now focus purely on short-form cricket, which is far more lucrative and will also help protect his troublesome shoulder.

It’s understood Lynn, who is still only a 50/50 chance to play Big Bash for the Brisbane Heat due to a shoulder injury, is committed to one-day and T20 cricket this summer and is highly unlikely to make himself available for Shield cricket post-BBL. Sources close to him have even indicated he is unlikely to front up in anything but one-day or T20 matches for Toombul District Cricket Club.

Instead he is eager to prepare for the lucrative Pakistan Super League, Indian Premier League and subsequent tournaments around the world.

Had he been fit, the top order slugger would have been selected and played in Queensland’s Matador Cup team, but shoulder surgery means he will be sidelined until at least December, which also rules him out of the inaugural South African T20 tournament beginning in November.

There is no suggestion that he has given up on playing Test cricket, just that he has put it on the backburner for at least 12 months after two injury-riddled seasons which have yielded just six Sheffield Shield games and no domestic one-dayers. Lynn has had delayed starts to each of the last four summers.

“Longevity was why I took that option to have the (shoulder) operation,” Lynn told the Courier Mail earlier this month.

“It’s a short-term loss for a long-term gain. They (career-ending) are words you don’t want to hear but they are down that path. I’ve got to be more cautious and have more smarts about how I go about things.

“I am zero or 100 but there are times I have to reel it back and get another 10 years out of my career. We’ll see how smart I am in the next 12 months.”

Although players such as Brad Hodge, Dirk Nannes, Shaun Tait and many more have retired from red ball cricket to focus on T20 riches, Lynn is the first Australian player to reject the longest format while still in his prime.

It’s another example of the changing nature of professional cricket, with shorter formats attracting more and more players due to the decreased physical demands and increased wages.

Plenty of eyebrows were raised when Lynn was not on Queensland’s contract list that was released on Tuesday. The state released a statement which said Lynn “would be considered for selection like any other player” once he returned to full fitness. But by then it’s understood red ball cricket won’t be on his radar.

Lynn plundered 309 runs in last summer’s BBL at a strike-rate of 177.58. He was dismissed just twice from five matches before a neck injury brought a premature end to his campaign.

He averages 45 from 41 first-class matches and has played one ODI and five international T20s for Australia.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...15c-1503032435

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will likely miss the BBL but may recover on time to play PSL

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Lynn signs on for Hong Kong T20 Blitz.

Australia's big-hitting batsman Chris Lynn is all set to make his Hong Kong T20 Blitz debut after being signed up by Hung Hom JD Jaguars for the 2018 edition, starting in February.

Lynn, who recently penned a five-year million-dollar deal with the BBL franchise, Brisbane Heat, said he is looking forward to the new challenge. "I'm really looking forward to coming to Hong Kong next February, I've heard great things about the growth of cricket there and look forward to experiencing something new. It's always exciting to have a new challenge and hopefully I can help the Jaguars lift the trophy. The scores were pretty high last year so it looks like a very entertaining tournament for the fans," he said.
    Jaguars finished third in the previous edition and had the likes of Darren Sammy, Mohammad Naveed, James Franklin, Johan Botha and Jonathan Foo at their disposal as the overseas players. Lynn becomes the first overseas buy for them for the 2018 edition.

Susan Lulla, the Jaguars' co-owner said, "Chris Lynn would be an automatic choice in any T20 team, be it international or franchise cricket.
    "We were very keen to bring him to play for us and the moment we knew he was recovering well from surgery, we wasted no time in signing him up. After picking some of the best bowlers from Hong Kong cricket, we will have an explosive batsman in our top order to further add to our impressive batting lineup," he added.

http://m.scmp.com/sport/article/2119...-hong-kong-t20

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Lala Land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Lynn Injured!

I am watching the tri series final and chris lynn just hurt his shoulder again, he was looking in extreme pain and in very bad shape, by the looks of it I am sure he will be out of PSL.

I hope he gets well soon but as a Lahore Qalandars fan this is tough to take

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Lynn Update

Cricket Australia has confirmed that T20 batsmen Chris Lynn, will return to Brisbane to undergo further assessment after he dislocated his right shoulder midway through New Zealand's innings on Wednesday at Eden Park whilst diving to field the ball.

Speaking on Lynn’s injury, Bupa Support Team Physiotherapist, Alex Kountouris said:

“Chris dislocated his right shoulder after landing awkwardly on it when fielding the ball. His shoulder was able to be put back into place at the ground and he was consequently sent for X-Rays which revealed no major bone injury.

“At this stage Chris will not travel to the Pakistan Super League in Dubai. He will return to Brisbane to undergo further scans and assessment and from there we will have a better understanding of the ongoing management, along with the return to play timeframes.”

Speaking on his injury, Lynn said: “I’m disappointed to not go to the Pakistan Super League as planned, but I’ll now focus on rehabilitation and working as hard as I can, with the hope to still take part in the Indian Premier League later this year.”

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big setback to qalandars, hope they get D'arcy short as replacement

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rizwanak View Post
    Big setback to qalandars, hope they get D'arcy short as replacement
    D'arcy should fulfill his contract with Western Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Chris Lynn Update

Cricket Australia has confirmed that T20 batsmen Chris Lynn, will return to Brisbane to undergo further assessment after he dislocated his right shoulder midway through New Zealand's innings on Wednesday at Eden Park whilst diving to field the ball.

Speaking on Lynn’s injury, Bupa Support Team Physiotherapist, Alex Kountouris said:

“Chris dislocated his right shoulder after landing awkwardly on it when fielding the ball. His shoulder was able to be put back into place at the ground and he was consequently sent for X-Rays which revealed no major bone injury.

“At this stage Chris will not travel to the Pakistan Super League in Dubai. He will return to Brisbane to undergo further scans and assessment and from there we will have a better understanding of the ongoing management, along with the return to play timeframes.”

Speaking on his injury, Lynn said: “I’m disappointed to not go to the Pakistan Super League as planned, but I’ll now focus on rehabilitation and working as hard as I can, with the hope to still take part in the Indian Premier League later this year.”
    Clearly Lynn doesn't want to miss big pay check by missing IPL !

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very disappointing that he won't be playing PSL, was a potential star of the tournament.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Very disappointing that he won't be playing PSL, was a potential star of the tournament.
    Yes indeed, big blow for Qalandars as I was hoping he could open with Fakhar.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    Clearly Lynn doesn't want to miss big pay check by missing IPL !
    His pay would've been bigger if he played both leagues..which is what he intended to do but the timing of the injury is unfortunate. It's not like he's skipping PSL to play IPL.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is most unfortunate, was looking forward to seeing him as well.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Chris Lynn has been underwhelming for Australia at the international level. He hasn't played much though, seems to get injured all the time.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    His pay would've been bigger if he played both leagues..which is what he intended to do but the timing of the injury is unfortunate. It's not like he's skipping PSL to play IPL.
    Obvious isn't it, Lynn is making sure not to miss bigger pay check. He won't last long, too much injury prone player..but awesome striker when fully fit

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is a power hitter.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why does this happen to LAHORE every time

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    Obvious isn't it, Lynn is making sure not to miss bigger pay check. He won't last long, too much injury prone player..but awesome striker when fully fit
    There's nothing that supports that. Are you suggesting that Lynn would have played through his injury had this happened before IPL?

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who is his replacement then?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    So who is his replacement then?
    From LQ:

Update on Chris Lynn, we are not calling for immediate replacement for Chris Lynn . Based on the results of his test we will see the situation and make the decision. Ramdin was suppose to come on 1st March as Mustafiz replacement but now he is joining the team on 23rd February.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    There's nothing that supports that. Are you suggesting that Lynn would have played through his injury had this happened before IPL?
    That's my opinion ... also by his track record, looks like he won't last full IPL season as well, good player but unlucky with injuries.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is he injured all the time?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chris Lynn is a myth

For a guy with such massive reputation, he has done nothing on the international scene. There is no difference between him and the likes of Asif Ali when it comes to international cricket.

It's about time Australia are done with him

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m afraid International cricket isn’t really the benchmark these days to determine the quality of a player. As long as he is highly rated and paid for in the IPL it’s all that really matters for him and those who need him

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well he is good at T20 leagues and that's all that matters in the format. Gayle is a T20 legend. He is ATG in franchise cricket but I don't remember him having the same kind of success in T20Is.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Well he is good at T20 leagues and that's all that matters in the format. Gayle is a T20 legend. He is ATG in franchise cricket but I don't remember him having the same kind of success in T20Is.
    gayle had good records in all formats of the game, especially when you consider he has been around since the year 2000, there is no comparison

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Useless stoinis ran him out for no reason

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    ‘We’re grown men’: Lynn moves on from selection row

Chris Lynn insisted he has already moved on from his war of words with national selectors after he was overlooked for upcoming Twenty20 series against Sri Lanka and Pakistan.

The Big Bash superstar, who needs just three more runs to become the greatest run-scorer in the competition’s history, stated earlier in the week he was disappointed by the lack of communication from the powers that be regarding his non-selection, saying he found out about it on social media.

However, Australian coach Justin Langer was adamant it was made “crystal clear” to Lynn about where he sat in the pecking order, and the Brisbane Heat batsman said he cleared the air with chief selector Trevor Hohns on Thursday.

“We’re grown men and we sorted out our differences and we just move on from it,” Lynn told RSN on Friday.

“At the end of the day, because I haven’t played any cricket, I was just itching to get out there.

“I just want to get out and do what I love doing and that’s smacking the ball. So I wasn’t actually disappointed at all about being dropped, I kind of felt that was going to happen. But everyone’s piping up with their two cents and that’s just the world we live in.”

Lynn has decided to focus more on the lucrative global Twenty20 circuit recently than the Australian domestic scene, but he didn’t think that worked against him at the national selectors’ table.

“They [selectors] are in that role for a reason, they’re pretty switched on those blokes above so I don’t reckon I’d be forgotten,” Lynn said.

“Without playing as much domestic cricket, then you’re not putting your name up in lights as regular in front of Australian crowds and the media as such as much as you are when you’re playing domestic cricket.

“I’m quite happy with my decisions and the pathway I’ve taken and the emphasis is to own that decision and keep trying to score runs for whatever team I’m playing for.”

Lynn, who has played 18 T20Is and four ODIs for Australia, didn’t foresee himself opting against playing for his country in the future in favour of domestic T20 competitions around the world.

“I think any opportunity you get to represent your country you take,” he said.

“I think you’ve got to weigh up the options, obviously one - how your body is, two – the situation where you fit in the depth of Australian cricket if you get picked or not and that longevity there.

“But as a kid, I’ve always been an Australian cricket fan then I got the opportunity to play for the Australian cricket team, and then if I’m not in the side I’ll always be an Australian cricket fan, so you try and pounce at the opportunity if you do get selected.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...25-p5346c.html

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    58* off 23 balls so far for LQ v MS...

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Deserves a spot in the Australian t20 side. Warner and Finch are just better though so he should play down the order

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Been a TOP batter for LQ.

Kudos to him!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Deserves a spot in the Australian t20 side. Warner and Finch are just better though so he should play down the order
    Can play one down and Smithy can come in at 4 maybe.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    113* For Lynn in a winning cause - brilliant effort.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The major factor behind LQs revival this season has been that their big hitters have been in awesome destructive form this season ie Lynn, Fakhar, Sohail Akhtar, Dunk etc. The amount of 180 plus scores they have chased testifies to this

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    Yes indeed, big blow for Qalandars as I was hoping he could open with Fakhar.
    Well, he's back, bigger and badder! Fighting it out now with Dunk to be the star of the show.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 runs from 3 games in PSL6 so far. Nightmare start to the tournament

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Big joke atm

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lynn arrived at PSL 6 with a bang! A short and sweet stay at the crease, 32 runs from 14 balls

Name:  amir2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  271.6 KB

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)