Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How to bowl more fast?

    What is the more important to bowl faster.
    Can any exercises help?

    Or bowling action matters, if yes then,
    how can I find what is best bowling action for me.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    1,379
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its all natural either u have it or u dont...

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    uk
    Runs
    3,901
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search youtube. You will get a lot of info there

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    uk
    Runs
    3,901
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badsha001 View Post
    Its all natural either u have it or u dont...
    Not necessarily.
    Basic athleticism is required and then it is all about teaching tour body the correct muscle memory

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badsha001 View Post
    Its all natural either u have it or u dont...
    Not agree bro.
    You have to read Imran khan story.
    He said in an interview that
    it took him years to build as a fast bowler.

  6. #6
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    7,070
    Mentioned
    1165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Simple bend you back

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,114
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drink Lassi with naan cholay every morning to gain speed.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    6,515
    Mentioned
    1651 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Rounder View Post
    What is the more important to bowl faster.
    Can any exercises help?

    Or bowling action matters, if yes then,
    how can I find what is best bowling action for me.
    These should help you a lot.





  9. #9
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,114
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BigBoy123 Momentum created in run up, extension at the crease to increase leverage, front leg brace to catapult the body forward, use of the front arm to drive the body forward. Core strength, lower back strength, overall leg strength for a strong base to launch from, arm speed/length/strength to impart force behind the ball.

    Fast twitch muscles, specifically in the upper body, fast legs are a bonus.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,114
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    No what I meant was I hardly moved by non bowling arm I just kept my non-bowling arm at an angle of 90 degrees from my body and did all the rotation from my bowling arm. I also realized it was much easier to bowl yorkers this way even though my action was not slingy.
    Moved the discussion here. Don't wanna go off topic there.

    Okay, you mentioned Fidel. But he actually used his non-bowling arm very well.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUau_Jo916A

    Okay, let me try to understand this clearly. You're extending the non-bowling arm fully at 90 degrees keeping it firm while using rotating your bowling arm as fast as possible. Correct?

    Also what was your previous action like?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    9,295
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChachaCricket View Post
    Moved the discussion here. Don't wanna go off topic there.

    Okay, you mentioned Fidel. But he actually used his non-bowling arm very well.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUau_Jo916A

    Okay, let me try to understand this clearly. You're extending the non-bowling arm fully at 90 degrees keeping it firm while using rotating your bowling arm as fast as possible. Correct?

    Also what was your previous action like?
    Ok I was wrong about the fidel edwards action part, yeah the rest is correct I kept my non-bowling arm at 90 degrees and just rotated by bowling arm as fast as I could. My previous action was very generic where I rotated by non-bowling arm before I used my bowling arm to deliver.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    9,295
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen bumrah's non-bowling arm, it is perpendicular to his shoulder before he delivers the ball. My non-bowling arm was similar in that action.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,114
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    Ok I was wrong about the fidel edwards action part, yeah the rest is correct I kept my non-bowling arm at 90 degrees and just rotated by bowling arm as fast as I could. My previous action was very generic where I rotated by non-bowling arm before I used my bowling arm to deliver.
    When you rotate your bowling arm while your non-bowling arm is stretched out at 90 degrees, the non-bowling arm(provided it's firm which I believe it is since it's stretched out at 90) will naturally rotate downwards(clockwise towards the body) thus creating forward momentum.

    Bonus: If the arm is raised higher than 90 and thrusts downward(clockwise towards your body), the greater the force. Watch Johnson, Akhtar and Thomson as examples.

    I haven't seen your previous action therefore it's difficult for me to explain the difference thoroughly. But what I can assume here is that your previous action didn't allow your bowling arm to rotate as fast and as freely as your current action allows.

    Also by keeping your arm firm at 90, naturally thrusting downwards as you bowl, though the range of motion isn't as great, it's generating more force than your previous action due to the thrust a firm arm creates. You might have used your front arm in your previous action but more likely for show than to generate any amount of force.

    You mentioned you're bowling yorkers a lot easier now. The reason is because your action is completing earlier.

    The earlier/higher the ball is released the higher the trajectory therefore the ball is pitched further up.

    Your current action completes earlier because your front arm completes its motion faster as there is less distance to travel, as a result the body stays more upright and there is less bending of the back compared to the previous action and the ball is released earlier at a higher point.
    Last edited by ChachaCricket; 12th March 2016 at 07:34.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    9,295
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChachaCricket View Post
    When you rotate your bowling arm while your non-bowling arm is stretched out at 90 degrees, the non-bowling arm(provided it's firm which I believe it is since it's stretched out at 90) will naturally rotate downwards(clockwise towards the body) thus creating forward momentum.

    Bonus: If the arm is raised higher than 90 and thrusts downward(clockwise towards your body), the greater the force. Watch Johnson, Akhtar and Thomson as examples.

    I haven't seen your previous action therefore it's difficult for me to explain the difference thoroughly. But what I can assume here is that your previous action didn't allow your bowling arm to rotate as fast and as freely as your current action allows.

    Also by keeping your arm firm at 90, naturally thrusting downwards as you bowl, though the range of motion isn't as great, it's generating more force than your previous action due to the thrust a firm arm creates. You might have used your front arm in your previous action but more likely for show than to generate any amount of force.

    You mentioned you're bowling yorkers a lot easier now. The reason is because your action is completing earlier.

    The earlier/higher the ball is released the higher the trajectory therefore the ball is pitched further up.

    Your current action completes earlier because your front arm completes its motion faster as there is less distance to travel, as a result the body stays more upright and there is less bending of the back compared to the previous action and the ball is released earlier at a higher point.
    Yup that kind of explains it, also in my previous action I don't think my front arm was much of a use in terms of generating speed.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,114
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    Yup that kind of explains it, also in my previous action I don't think my front arm was much of a use in terms of generating speed.
    Alright, cool. Remember to eat your beef.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    9,295
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChachaCricket View Post
    Alright, cool. Remember to eat your beef.
    I don't eat beef but yeah I do eat the other meats. chicken, mutton, fish etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •