Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cover Drive!!!

What is the best way to play a cover drive! I have been trying to get this shot off but have never played it well, I have recently been getting my front front towards the pitch of the ball but not so much my head. Any tips??

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MianDaddy View Post
    What is the best way to play a cover drive! I have been trying to get this shot off but have never played it well, I have recently been getting my front front towards the pitch of the ball but not so much my head. Any tips??
    Pick up length from the hand, let the ball come to you and then transfer your weight forward.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChachaCricket View Post
    Pick up length from the hand, let the ball come to you and then transfer your weight forward.
    By that do mean to reach out for the ball with the bat??

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By that do mean to reach out for the ball with the bat??
    No, I mean the exact opposite. Let the ball come to you, stride your front leg out, transfer your body weight forward and play it under your eyes presenting full face of the bat.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I will try that, will be difficult as I haven't got good movement but I will on it. Thanks again Chach!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I will try that, will be difficult as I haven't got good movement but I will on it. Thanks again Chach!
    If you are short or don't have fast legs, then get deeper in your crease to give yourself more time and shorten your front foot stride.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Or may be just watch some moyo's youtube videos, man i really miss those damn cover drives, one could pay anything to watch those again live, when it comes to playing cover drive in the most stylish way then no one comes even near to moyo's elegance.

We Have Good Players Just Need to Find Good Selectors

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I tried to play the shot today and had no success, I stand out of the crease and about a foot extra so im really forward ive also got slow legs so I think getting deep will really help me here, you may have cracked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    Or may be just watch some moyo's youtube videos, man i really miss those damn cover drives, one could pay anything to watch those again live, when it comes to playing cover drive in the most stylish way then no one comes even near to moyo's elegance.
    I will have a look never knew MOYO was brilliant at that shot!