Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Umair Masood - Young wicket-keeper batsman

What. An. Innings In a world cup QF too.

Came in when the top order failed, just like the senior side.

But unlike the senior batsmen, he got busy. Got stuck in ASAP and played a world class, international standard innings to rescue a sinking Titanic known as the Pak batting order to the shore.

Have we finally found him? Have we finally found THAT batsman? Who is temperamentally strong to score hundreds at will and rescue our team from imminent defeat.

Am very proud of this kid. Take a bow son. Best 100 of the tournament? Selectors need to take note ASAP. Insh Allah we will see something just as epic next year in England.

Didn't even take off his helmet unlike our ****** seniors who do so after a mere 50.
    Last edited by Suleiman; 8th February 2016 at 12:00.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This thread will become a mega thread in the future.

Mark my words!

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Venue
    Alexandria, Minnesota
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was one very good innings, for all we know it could be a one shot, hes gonna have to build on this, but hopefully he will get chances in first class cricket, and maybe next years PSL

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ends it on 113. Like another wicketkeeper batsman who also rescued his team from a terrible 45-5 situation 3 years ago. Dhoni would be proud.

What a talent. Innings of the tournament for me.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys like Shezy, Anwar Ali, Hammad Azam had far greater success when they played under 19 cup, where are they now?

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Video please?

Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    All aboard !!!!! Hype train about to take off...........................

I am predicting by the end of WT20 there would be calls of Masood to be included in the Pakistan Senior team based on this knock by many PPers and as usual they would be led by none other than their beloved @Suleiman

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One thing is for sure, he was playing the proper cricketing strokes not ugly hoicks like Hammad Azam. His shots through cover region and hook shots were fantastic. I would say he is the find of this tournament for Pakistan.
    I hope that Pakistan wins this match and goes through the semis , It would be a dream come true for Umair Masood.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
    One thing is for sure, he was playing the proper cricketing strokes not ugly hoicks like Hammad Azam. His shots through cover region and hook shots were fantastic. I would say he is the find of this tournament for Pakistan.
    I hope that Pakistan wins this match and goes through the semis , It would be a dream come true for Umair Masood.
    Was piercing the gaps at will, West Indian bowlers were thrown off by him and were yelling obscenities, especially that guy Paul who Masood taught a lesson in manners by smashing him for like 10-16 runs in the 48th over.

Too soon to say this, but reminded me of Kohli a little bit the way he was getting singles whenever he wanted to as well as boundaries on any side of the wicket.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would love to see the highlights of his innings. Anybody ??? @GreenRoars ?????

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this officially the first 100 by a Pakistani batsman at any level this year?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He was great today, and he is a decent Wicketkeeper. We need a decent Batsman wicket keeper for LOI team, both Sarfraz and Rizwan are mediocre.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Is this officially the first 100 by a Pakistani batsman at any level this year?
    Khuram Manzoor scored a hundred against England Lions

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Another hype thread! Now let's see him go the U. Akmal way....

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said in the other thread Shadab played an innings under pressure in the Tri series and made 99 not out, Hassan played it in the previous match when wickets were tumbling on other side and now Masood BUT the thing is all of them need to show consistency for all we know it could be a one off.

And Anybody who says Hammad Azam was not good at U-19 level needs to know that he averaged 200 with the bat in U-19 and remained not out in all the matches bar the final in which he got out on a duck to Josh Hazlewood and the result our team lost. He was the one who guided our batting in that tournament.

Anyhow time will tell how he will turn out.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Brilliant innings by him, no doubt.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gayle v2 at the crease now, Pope.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Gayle v2 at the crease now, Pope.
    This is W.indies v2 for sure

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Srinagar;Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't watch the innings but looks a brilliant innings under pressure.

People who watched him how did you find him? Any good? Technique wise,Skill wise,Short selection? Anyone?

@#GreenRoars Can we have highlights please?

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Shehr-e-Lahore o Munich
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    He was great today, and he is a decent Wicketkeeper. We need a decent Batsman wicket keeper for LOI team, both Sarfraz and Rizwan are mediocre.
    He fumbled a few behind the stumps. Needs to work on his keeping against spinners. Did effect a good stumping though.

He needs to keep working on both suits. Dearly hope his batting doesnt regress.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Nothing Special. Scorecard driven thread.

In post match presentation he me tinned there target in the middle was to get 225 and they though they will defend it.

It shows his mindset and game awareness.

He achieved 225 mark and pakistan lost by 5 wickets.

And going by short clips of his batting there is nothing special.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Shehr-e-Lahore o Munich
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Nothing Special. Scorecard driven thread.

In post match presentation he me tinned there target in the middle was to get 225 and they though they will defend it.

It shows his mindset and game awareness.

He achieved 225 mark and pakistan lost by 5 wickets.

And going by short clips of his batting there is nothing special.
    That answer showed his lack of English comprehension skills more than anything else. Dont think we should look too much into that post match chat. I think he meant to say that from 50 odd for 5 the target was always to reach 225. From that dire situation, I don't think he could have played any better.

Coming to his batting skills part, he does have some talent but he primarily scored off their lesser bowlers, looked uncomfortable against pace and bounce of Joseph.

One very good thing about his game is his range of strokes. He looks equally proficient on both sides of wicket. His inside out drives were a delight to watch.

In the end I would say he showed enough promise to keep fans interested in his development.
    Last edited by Seen Sheen; 8th February 2016 at 16:52.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and the hyping begins.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wristy elegance, strength, and plays all around the wicket - Very promising talent

Here's his innings - http://www.icc-cricket.com/u19-world...oods-113-vs-wi

" When I was little, it was all about Pakistan."- Usain Bolt

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phenomenal Talent but he need to look after He and Mohsin can become very good and important players for Pakistan in next 3 to 4 years. Hopefully they will not loose the guts they showed in this WC

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ali2220 View Post
    Guys like Shezy, Anwar Ali, Hammad Azam had far greater success when they played under 19 cup, where are they now?
    Agree, that's the reality of Pak cricketing set up, talented youngsters regress not progress here.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ali2220 View Post
    @Pace90
    hammad azam
    had impreesie t20 debut aainst wc eng

than he scored 35ish inasia cup final under pressure...contributed alot in that win

after that, he got dropped

got a few random chances........in t20..........and thats all.
    He is not an allrounder rather a batsman who can bowl 2 to 3 overs. He should be played as a middle order batsman or a lower middle order batsman. He is mentally very strong.

Regards

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real solid batsman.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Kuwait
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was absolutely a fantastic innings. It was a treat to watch him playing with so cool and calmness. I must say this kid gonna be a star.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I saw his innings. He started off real slow considering we were 4 down for 40 odd runs. Really picked it up towards the end. Very nicely built innings

This Pakistan team of the unpredictable: One Step Maddening, One Step Conquering!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Phenomenal knock.

Slept only 5 hours last night because of him and I must say it was worth it.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Umair Masood: One to watch out for?

One person that really impressed me at the recently concluded U-19 WC was WK-batsman Umair Masood.

Pakistan were reduced to 57 for 5 against the Windies in the QF and he so effortless, and patiently notched up a 106-ball century.

Showed glimpses of as well with the bat twirl.

Looks a really good batsman and perhaps one who can rival Mohammad Rizwan for the gloves in the coming years.

I hear the domestic OD cup is set to include at least one U-19 player in each of the squads, I hope some teams picks him up.

If he works hard enough, I see there being no reason aside from nepotism, lobbying, corruption which would stop him from making an international debut for Pakistan's senior team.
    Last edited by Abdul; 11th April 2016 at 07:08.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Would like to also use this thread as a performance watch.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    I would like to see him play in the PSL before he makes his F/C debut.

Our F/C system is detrimental to the development of the players.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good prospect.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope he gets a PSL contract as well seems a good prospect

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Btw, the team kit in that video was so good, don't know why they changed it.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What i loved about his batting is his approach is aggressive and fearless and that is the style of cricket which is missing from current Pakistan players, which shows they are playing for themselves and not for their country. He looks like a good prospect bring him onto the national team, we were known to give youngster a chance staightaway and we need to bring that selection policy again if we are to become a good side again. Need to dump umar, shahzad, and bring in players like this kid and aamaer yamin, saad nasim.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    What i loved about his batting is his approach is aggressive and fearless and that is the style of cricket which is missing from current Pakistan players, which shows they are playing for themselves and not for their country. He looks like a good prospect bring him onto the national team, we were known to give youngster a chance staightaway and we need to bring that selection policy again if we are to become a good side again. Need to dump umar, shahzad, and bring in players like this kid and aamaer yamin, saad nasim.
    Don't know if he's ready for national selection already, but I sure do hope he gets picked up for a PSL side.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Our players at this level usually look world class but it's the two three years after they graduate from the u19 level is when the rest of the world moves ahead

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Our players at this level usually look world class but it's the two three years after they graduate from the u19 level is when the rest of the world moves ahead
    Hence it is imperative that he lands a PSL contract. How to contact Lahore Qalandar's management?

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Don't know if he's ready for national selection already, but I sure do hope he gets picked up for a PSL side.
    Forget PSL who cares yes definitely for cash cow. But for developing the talent may be county season in England and Australia would do a world good. Also If i was in PCB i would make a deal with ECB and ACB to let our upcoming players play in their domestic for a 1 season cricket until our domestic becomes good.
    Last edited by lahoriyah1234; 11th April 2016 at 05:46.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Hence it is imperative that he lands a PSL contract. How to contact Lahore Qalandar's management?
    Yaar PSL se develop nahi hoga. He will only get better if he is put into situations where he has to bat with his back against the wall and has to guts it out not resort to wild slogging to get out of jail.

Unfortunately our domestic system does not throw up such situations often enough..

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Yaar PSL se develop nahi hoga. He will only get better if he is put into situations where he has to bat with his back against the wall and has to guts it out not resort to wild slogging to get out of jail.

Unfortunately our domestic system does not throw up such situations often enough..
    Regardless, PSL would help him both financially and how to soak up the pressure of playing in front of a good (Decent in UAE) crowd. Not to mention, if he plays alongside some of the best international players and coaches it'll surely help him.

Instead of letting him rot in the domestic structure, he needs to be shown a glimpse of what life could be for him if he keeps working hard.

Your point regarding the domestic system is true, but nothing will be done about it, unfortunately.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Excellent prospect & his WK is clean. Age gap with Sarfraz is suitable as well - next couple of years are for him to develop physically stronger, by 21/22 he should be back-up of Sarfraz & by 25 he should replace 35 years old Sarfraz. Need to play lots of FC matches where he can keep for long overs & bat at 5/6. Unfortunately in PAK domestics, WK doesn't need to keep more than 125 overs in total; therefore often their key muscles are not build up when they go to Internationals & need to keep for 125+ overs in one innings.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Excellent prospect & his WK is clean. Age gap with Sarfraz is suitable as well - next couple of years are for him to develop physically stronger, by 21/22 he should be back-up of Sarfraz & by 25 he should replace 35 years old Sarfraz. Need to play lots of FC matches where he can keep for long overs & bat at 5/6. Unfortunately in PAK domestics, WK doesn't need to keep more than 125 overs in total; therefore often their key muscles are not build up when they go to Internationals & need to keep for 125+ overs in one innings.
    MMHS for Director of Cricket, please.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just saw the highlights of the innings. At one point his SR was around 20-30 and then by the end of his innings he brought it to 100. What a brilliant innings.

Need to wrap him in cotton wool and made into an excellent player, but knowing PCB he would probably give up on cricket in 3-4 years since he hardly got a chance to play in domestics because of lack of connections and senior culture.

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope we get some batting talent soon! We need Haris Sohail and Azam back ASAP.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sohail Tanvir will make him bat at 7/8 whenever he plays for Rawalpindi.

Nahi hua us se chase

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    Sohail Tanvir will make him bat at 7/8 whenever he plays for Rawalpindi.
    He wont bat at all if he plays under faisal iqbal

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would love to see him play the Pentangular cup. He looks like a proper WK batsman. I can't forget his beautiful strokeplay in that very u19 match , proper strokes all over the ground , no ugly slogs. He should be developed as a backup keeper for Sarfaraz. Rizwan isn't WK but a top/middle order batsman and that's where he should play.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Very sad for this guy. Played a clutch knock, and may have the clutch gene, something we are lacking in a sea of bottlers. Would've taken him over Mohsin who still needs to improve.

Hopefully he isn't discouraged and continues to improve.

About time we had a wicket keeper batsman who could keep AND bat.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Very sad for this guy. Played a clutch knock, and may have the clutch gene, something we are lacking in a sea of bottlers. Would've taken him over Mohsin who still needs to improve.

Hopefully he isn't discouraged and continues to improve.

About time we had a wicket keeper batsman who could keep AND bat.
    Looks a REAL good prospect man. Talented with the bat as well

we've (the PCB) let many get away, hopefully Umair can reach his full potential and do good for Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should've been selected instead of Shadab Khan for the 2nd U19 spot in the federal team.

Nahi hua us se chase

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If I was chief selector, I'd call Sarfraz back right now, and replace him with this kid. What a moment it would be for his parents. Insh'Allah that day will come too when he will be in the senior side before he turns 30.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Stayed up to watch that innings against WI and my word, what a knock it was.

Really hope this lad makes it big, Insha'Allah.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Umair Masood : Viable Replacement for Sarfraz Ahmed

Well Pakistan's LOI Wicket-Keeper Sarfraz Ahmed just hasn't been up to the mark. He doesn't have what it takes to bat at 6/7 and our top 5 is pretty much settle. He doesn't have the power hitting skill in him or street smartness to score quick runs at the end of an innings. He also hasn't been that good at saving the team down the order. When the team has been in trouble and there's 5-6 early wickets have fallen he hasn't saved the team. He has done nothing of notice in LOI except for the World-Cup against SA and Ireland. So that leaves us down to the question, who should replace him. Rizwan hasn't looked so great down the order but he shouldn't be a wicket keeper if he's playing he should be a fielder his fielding skills are invaluable. So who should be the Wicket-Keeper well the answer is Umair Masood. He had an amazing
    U-19 World-Cup for Pakistan. His critical hundred in the Quarter Final helped Pakistan recover from an early Collapse. The knock was amazing to watch some of the shots he played were just beautiful. Plus he scored it at number 7. So there was loads of pressure in a knockout match and coming in with 5 wickets down early. What do you guys think about Umair Masood should he replace Sarfraz Ahmed.
    What do you guys think? @Suleiman @Hasan123 @Square Drive @aliasad1998 @aloo paratha @Statsman @street cricketer @Syed1 @#GreenRoars @Markhor
    Last edited by aloo paratha; 19th August 2016 at 09:27.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Plus he is only 18 he can hit down the order or help us recover from a collapse. At 18 he can still learn a lot and go onto be a great for Pakistan. Great Prospect For Pakistan!

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    540 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I agree that Sarfraz is rubbish in Limited Overs but Umair isn't ready yet. Rizwan should replace Sarfraz ASAP

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hasn't even played domestic cricket.

Maybe in 2-3 seasons.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    I agree that Sarfraz is rubbish in Limited Overs but Umair isn't ready yet. Rizwan should replace Sarfraz ASAP
    Yep Sarfraz needs to be shown the door as soon as possible in LOI. I hope Umair gets selected for the PSL at least he has a very bright future ahead of him

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Hasn't even played domestic cricket.

Maybe in 2-3 seasons.
    Your Right he's not ready he should be selected in about 1-2 years but I was trying to ask your guys opinion on how you would rate him and when he should start playing for Pakistan.

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yeap, I already made a thread on him. Quality talent, needs to be developed properly..

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yeah made a thread on him straight after that epic innings vs WI. Kid has talent, but isn't ready yet.

For now Rizwan is easily the best possible replacement for Sarfraz who should be dropped asap from LOIs.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I agree he isn't ready yet he has a lot more to learn he should play in the upcoming QEA trophy then get selected for Pakistan's A squad, after that he should play in the PSL. After PSL 2018 he should be given a run in the national squad

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Yeah, fantastic prospect is Umair. Saw that innings live and wrote a bit about him earlier I think.

Should be next in line after Rizwan. Hopefully by then, we'll see him get a couple of years or so in the domestic circuit.

Regarding Sarfraz though, I don't think he should be discarded from ODIs just yet. Mickey has a role for him at #5, which I believe he can fulfill quite adequately.

Before this series I was gunning for Sarfraz & Azhar to open, until Sami and now Sharjeel blossomed, making that no longer possible.

Still, I'd like to think of Sarfraz as our next ODI captain, as he has all those skills. Just needs to make those run-a-ball 40s consistently at #5 and he's doing his job.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I got a mention??

Anyways, I don't like Sarfraz in the LO side, doesn't offer a lot with the bat unless we can fit him in top 4, which we can't so he has to go.

Don't think Umair Masood is ready to just come into the national side this quick though.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    I got a mention??

Anyways, I don't like Sarfraz in the LO side, doesn't offer a lot with the bat unless we can fit him in top 4, which we can't so he has to go.

Don't think Umair Masood is ready to just come into the national side this quick though.
    Bhai, you got a mention from me in the PP leagues section too

Wahan bhi check karlo!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Yeah, fantastic prospect is Umair. Saw that innings live and wrote a bit about him earlier I think.

Should be next in line after Rizwan. Hopefully by then, we'll see him get a couple of years or so in the domestic circuit.

Regarding Sarfraz though, I don't think he should be discarded from ODIs just yet. Mickey has a role for him at #5, which I believe he can fulfill quite adequately.

Before this series I was gunning for Sarfraz & Azhar to open, until Sami and now Sharjeel blossomed, making that no longer possible.

Still, I'd like to think of Sarfraz as our next ODI captain, as he has all those skills. Just needs to make those run-a-ball 40s consistently at #5 and he's doing his job.
    I respect your opinion but the thing with Sarfraz is, he is a accumulator. He comes down the crease and makes new lengths and taps the ball into the gap for singles or doubles quite nicely. He is very good at accumulating but when the it's time for him to hit the ball he gets out. The only place where he can bat in ODI's is in the top 4 and that position is full. Azhar, Sami, Sharjeel, Hafeez, Babar. So he can't get a place in the top 4 when these guys barring Azhar are batting so well. Most teams have a WK that can hit at the end for instance Matthew Wade, MS Dohni, Jos Buttler, Luke Ronchi, all these guys have power hitting reputation but our WK is an accumulator. For that he needs to be in top 4 but as I said all the spots are taken. Finally Most teams number 5's also have a power hitting reputation along with accumulating. JP Duminy, Bailey, Raina, Chandimal, Bairstow, etc and here we are investing in 29 year old Sarfraz. I believe Rizwan needs to take that number 5 spot and in 2 years Masood needs to come and take the spot. Plus if we are chasing big totals Sarfraz really can't save us because he cant hit big. I understand Sarfraz is probably the best man to be made captain at the moment but if his performance are not up to the level in the next 6 games he needs to be shown the door.

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    I got a mention??

Exactly, totally agree.

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Bhai, you got a mention from me in the PP leagues section too

Wahan bhi check karlo!
    Pata hai, pata hai.
    But this one is different, someone wanted my opinion... *tears of joy rolling down cheeks*

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    I respect your opinion but the thing with Sarfraz is, he is a accumulator. He comes down the crease and makes new lengths and taps the ball into the gap for singles or doubles quite nicely. He is very good at accumulating but when the it's time for him to hit the ball he gets out. The only place where he can bat in ODI's is in the top 4 and that position is full. Azhar, Sami, Sharjeel, Hafeez, Babar. So he can't get a place in the top 4 when these guys barring Azhar are batting so well. Most teams have a WK that can hit at the end for instance Matthew Wade, MS Dohni, Jos Buttler, Luke Ronchi, all these guys have power hitting reputation but our WK is an accumulator. For that he needs to be in top 4 but as I said all the spots are taken. Finally Most teams number 5's also have a power hitting reputation along with accumulating. JP Duminy, Bailey, Raina, Chandimal, Bairstow, etc and here we are investing in 29 year old Sarfraz. I believe Rizwan needs to take that number 5 spot and in 2 years Masood needs to come and take the spot. Plus if we are chasing big totals Sarfraz really can't save us because he cant hit big. I understand Sarfraz is probably the best man to be made captain at the moment but if his performance are not up to the level in the next 6 games he needs to be shown the door.
    We have Malik, Imad, Nawaz, and perhaps even Hasan who can hit big from #6-9. And plus, our top order is so fragile that by the time our #5 comes out, I don't think it will be time to hit just yet. He can tap singles and doubles, which will be pretty good for us if he can do that at #5.

And if Sarfraz is booted out, who's gonna Skipper us?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We have always had these talented youngsters at u19 level who seem like they will have the world at their feet but they end up like Anwar Ali.

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's young yet let him play domestic cricket

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Safraz was also a beast at U19 level. You just can not compare U19 players with the senior players. For now Sarfraz is the only viable option. Rizwan is not a great keeper or batsman that he can take Sarfraz's place like many are suggesting. Tbh I hope Rizwan develops his batting more so he can be in the outfield as those traits are remarkable.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back Umar Akmal,perhaps? Hopefully, he would have improved his discipline. And is not that bad with the gloves. Not many in Pakistan who can as big and clean as him. Plus, can be given a rotating role. Like, if need be, promoted to 3 or batting at 6,7..

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Umair Masood : Viable Replacement for Sarfraz Ahmed

Sarfaraz keeping on England tour has been amazing. He is almost twice as better as a keeper now. Good to know that there is a possible future replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This signature is a result of a certain takneeki kharabi.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No, first give him some domestic seasons, and it will be a true test for him.

If we talk about keeping, Sarfi keeping has improved. His keeping was very very better in Test series against England.

Secondly, we have Rizwan in the squad, so whenever management want to give rest to Sarfi, or want to remove, then Rizzu should be automatic choice. So far Rizzu hasn't done any thing wrong.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's latest on this lad? No PSL contract but has he not even played domestic?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    What's latest on this lad? No PSL contract but has he not even played domestic?
    He got drafted by Lahore qalanders and he's part of there rising stars team to tour Australia

He's also in the Sui southern gas team