Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice, the design looks good. Although I want a really big cricket Stadium in Pakistan that has a capacity of at least 80K for some reason. I guess I just like witnessing a huge crowd.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is by far the greatest cricket stadium in the world. When Pakistan puts the effort in to doing something right, it comes out Diamond status. Imagine a world cup final here, it will be legendary.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20170416-075220.jpg
Views: 5512
Size:  207.0 KB
    Looks like a cake.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    This is by far the greatest cricket stadium in the world. When Pakistan puts the effort in to doing something right, it comes out Diamond status. Imagine a world cup final here, it will be legendary.
    2023 somehow...

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2061 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Heard some German architectural firm designed/designing it.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Looks like a cake.
    The outside is led so can change colour. Its going to be awesome.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Psychologist View Post
    2023 somehow...
    Lol I thought it was going to be finished next year.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    Lol I thought it was going to be finished next year.
    Yes, in a year and a half iirc.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People saying it's a waste of Money

Malik Riaz is no fool that he became a billionaire just like that. It's great marketing tool to sell his Sport city residential and commercial plots at better price. He is actually gaining a lot, continuing to strengthen his brand.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2061 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    People saying it's a waste of Money

Malik Riaz is no fool that he became a billionaire just like that. It's great marketing tool to sell his Sport city residential and commercial plots at better price. He is actually gaining a lot, continuing to strengthen his brand.
    You give me land for pennies, and a bank loan (that I get written off) to build on that land, and then I sell that property for 100 - 1000 times the amount it cost me, then I can be a billionaire too.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exciting news, lets not make it too complicated, hope to see a jam packed cricket match here in near future.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Keeping everyone updated. This is the latest. I'm guessing another 18 months? Anyone in construction in the know?

End product will be
    Last edited by Flat_Track_Bully; 20th February 2018 at 00:49.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I have never built anything but looks at least 3 years away.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This looks hella expensive!

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Keeping everyone updated. This is the latest. I'm guessing another 18 months? Anyone in construction in the know?

Atletico Madrid stadium which also has three stands took about six years to build. But it does have a capacity of 70,000 and had to change their design midway. Perth Stadium took around three years to build with a similar capacity to Rafi with the same three decks. Knowing that its Malik Riaz and Paragon is one of the biggest construction companies it should be done before 2020 ends. The render might change as time passes and so might the capacity but it definitely looks like it will be massive.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i point out the Obvious that Bahria Town and Malik Riaz isnt building this stadium to give the keys to PCB to do as they please.

Just like UAE, Bahria town will expect PCB to rent and pay to play matches at the stadium. And the pricing will be similar to what they pay in UAE to rent the stadium.

So my question is why would PCB pay Bahria town money to play here when PCB owns its own national cricket stadium in Karachi where its spending millions of dollars to renew the old stadium.

i personally cant see 1 international match happening at this BT stadium in Karachi as its not cost effective for PCB.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Beautiful design.

How much would it cost? Who is funding this? Might cost millions of dollars.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel disappointed that in pakistan till date we do not have a single world class stadium utter shame really

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    Can i point out the Obvious that Bahria Town and Malik Riaz isnt building this stadium to give the keys to PCB to do as they please.

Just like UAE, Bahria town will expect PCB to rent and pay to play matches at the stadium. And the pricing will be similar to what they pay in UAE to rent the stadium.

So my question is why would PCB pay Bahria town money to play here when PCB owns its own national cricket stadium in Karachi where its spending millions of dollars to renew the old stadium.

i personally cant see 1 international match happening at this BT stadium in Karachi as its not cost effective for PCB.

This stadium will become home for Karachi Kings as they are being sponsored by Bahria Town at the moment.

For international matches I am sure something will be worked out where Bahria Town will get a cut of ad revenue and gate receipts. It will be nothing like UAE with empty stadiums and extortionate payments.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    This stadium will become home for Karachi Kings as they are being sponsored by Bahria Town at the moment.

For international matches I am sure something will be worked out where Bahria Town will get a cut of ad revenue and gate receipts. It will be nothing like UAE with empty stadiums and extortionate payments.
    Home of Karachi Kings ? for 4 weeks a year for a PSL that is not played in Pakistan anyway.

Bro i think you will be very surprised when you find out PCB will have to pay to use this stadium and just like anything Bahria Town the prices will be equalant to what you pay to rent stadiums internationally.

Just doesnt make economic sense to pay to play at this stadium when PCB has its own stadium in the same city where its spending millions of dollars renovating NSK.
    Last edited by sully3; 20th February 2018 at 22:44.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    Home of Karachi Kings ? for 4 weeks a year for a PSL that is not played in Pakistan anyway.

Bro i think you will be very surprised when you find out PCB will have to pay to use this stadium and just like anything Bahria Town the prices will be equalant to what you pay to rent stadiums internationally.

Just doesnt make economic sense to pay to play at this stadium when PCB has its own stadium in the same city where its spending millions of dollars renovating NSK.

Yes it does make sense when it will be a 50,000 international spec stadium. Its a no brainer. Even Sethi said we are better off building new stadiums as renovation on old stadiums can only take us so far. When 50k people are packing the stadium and with tv revenue its going to be a huge cash cow, nothing like UAE where players and staff have to be kept in hotels the whole time.

Bahria town will be ideal destination for international cricketers too so Karachi is assured international cricket once this is built. Then its Lahore playing catch up.
    Last edited by Flat_Track_Bully; 20th February 2018 at 23:15.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rafi Cricket Stadium – Pictures & Video of Pakistan’s Largest Cricket Stadium in Bahria Town

Rafi Cricket Stadium, Pakistan’s largest cricket stadium is being built in Bahria Town, Karachi. The stadium will have a capacity of 50,000 people. The aim of this stadium is not just to revive cricket but to offer jobs to fight unemployment, promote tourism & open business opportunities in the country.

The stadium was inaugurated last year in April & the construction work started. Now its been a year, let us show our readers the progress made in the construction work through pictures & video.

There are three levels of the stadium. It will be equipped with floodlights, digital scoreboards, LED screens, training facilities, and a hostel. An international standard academy will be featured in this stadium to promote cricket in the country.

Rafi Cricket Stadium is located in Bahria’s Sports City having amazing villas, housing plots & recreational sports.

When Malik Riaz, Bahria Town founder & owner inaugurated the stadium he said, “The Rafi Cricket Stadium will be built in one and a half years to revive international cricket in Pakistan within the next two years. Not only cricket, we want to revive football and hockey as well. We want to create more employment and business opportunities, spread education to build a prosperous Pakistan. We are also building a highly secured five-star hotel which will be completed with the stadium. It’s very painful to see so much garbage on the streets and we are committed to do whatever we can to rid Karachi of this filth. By virtue of our foolproof security, the residents of Bahria Town Karachi are enjoying a complete sense of security in their gateless homes.”

https://www.researchsnipers.com/rafi...n-bahria-town/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see.Hopefully work speeds up.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully PSL 2020 Final will be played there.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Beautiful design.

The design looks beautiful but what about allowances for airflow. It will be a cauldron.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I always wondered why Pakistan doesn't have beautiful and modern stadiums. Finally they will have one and it could become the best cricket stadium in the world.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Beautiful design.

Bahria Town. Malik Riaz.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see some progress on this, they've been building this up for a while now.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great hopefully it will be completed soon

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Bit of Progress

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Who is/was Rafi?

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to this stadium. When will it be ready?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Once ready it will be the best cricket stadium in the subcontinent. Rafi stadium is an engineering marvel hats off to Pakistan for coming up with this.

They changed the face of cricket in subcontinent when they built the Multan cricket stadium. Now they are redefining cricket with Rafi stadium.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Very slow progress, considering the last video was almost 2 years back. I understand their priority is different - for a project of that size, it's understandable that they'll first build the housing units, build the community and then the stadium which is fine. I don't think this stadium will be functional before that township is crowded.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Very slow progress, considering the last video was almost 2 years back. I understand their priority is different - for a project of that size, it's understandable that they'll first build the housing units, build the community and then the stadium which is fine. I don't think this stadium will be functional before that township is crowded.
    I have seen huge complex condominiums in Canada being built in 2 years time. Should a cricket stadium take this long?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I have seen huge complex condominiums in Canada being built in 2 years time. Should a cricket stadium take this long?
    It shouldn't - I think in heart of London with so much land to be acquired, Spurs new stadium took less than 3 years while Cowboy's AT&T Stadium took less than that. Even new Wembly didn't take that long.
    But, I think this place is quite far from existing city footprint, hence they are trying to build the township first, otherwise it's not financially viable; which is fine - sports has to be financially self serving, otherwise it's impossible to sustain for a nonessential service.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or does the field look like it'll be pretty small?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is this going to be completed? 2050?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully its completed by 2022

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Is it just me or does the field look like it'll be pretty small?
    It does look small

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    When is this going to be completed? 2050?
    2025 probably.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Jis rate per es stadium par kam horaha hai, I'm pretty sure mere bachay hei jaye ga match dekhna. Huma tho nahi naseeb honay wala.

Honestly, why doesn't the PCB ask Malik Riaz and co. do build them some modern stadiums across the country? Offer him free advertisement for a certain period of time and some money. I'm sure they can work something out.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    When this stadium is completed, it will be the greatest cricket stadium in Asia at least. I hope so.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    When this stadium is completed, it will be the greatest cricket stadium in Asia at least. I hope so.
    Ahmedabad is head and shoulders away though

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Ahmedabad is head and shoulders away though
    In terms of size, yes.

But in terms of looks, this will be right up there if it is completed as per plan.

From India, the best looking stadium is probably in Dehradoon or Pune

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Jis rate per es stadium par kam horaha hai, I'm pretty sure mere bachay hei jaye ga match dekhna. Huma tho nahi naseeb honay wala.

Honestly, why doesn't the PCB ask Malik Riaz and co. do build them some modern stadiums across the country? Offer him free advertisement for a certain period of time and some money. I'm sure they can work something out.
    Pretty sure this is a private endeavor.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sure the legal cases which were going on for a few years now have effected the progress...

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bahria town has faved financial crises due to the court cases anf other projects they had to shut. So dont be surprised if the stadium gets delayed

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Pretty sure this is a private endeavor.
    It is.

My point was why doesn't the PCB approach the Bahria Town team to build them stadiums. I'm pretty sure Riaz and co. can work out a deal with the PCB.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    It is.

My point was why doesn't the PCB approach the Bahria Town team to build them stadiums. I'm pretty sure Riaz and co. can work out a deal with the PCB.
    Cause its expensive to rent stadiums. Pcb owns the other ones.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Cause its expensive to rent stadiums. Pcb owns the other ones.
    Bahria town would build the stadiums, not own them. That is why I'm saying the PCB could work out a deal where they would build the stadiums and PCB could offer them advertisements and money or something. Just an idea.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see these grounds being ready until 2030 or even later the way things are going.