Instagram


Islamic Relief UK

Cricket Scotland

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 99
  1. #1
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    13,039
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Shakib Al Hasan overrated as an all-rounder?

    He is a dud with the bat, only feasts against Zimbabwe, terrible in the field also a liability with the ball against decent opposition.

    He is mentally very fragile, after a recent true news came out about his personal life it seems it has affected his performance which we have noticed in PSL and now his poor performance and nervousness was seen today.

    I think Bangladesh should drop Shakib as he is a negative influence in the team, he has been a bad role model for the newer generation of Bangladesh. Replace him with Nasir Hossain or the under19 captain who's a decent player and quite a humble bloke unlike big headed Shakib.

    Discuss.



    Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You're just sour because he became more popular in Bangladesh than your favourite player.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    280
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    A rondu and a hyped up hack really. Nothing special, don't know why was he so hyped up.

    Mushrafe Murtaza was always a bigger talent in my eyes.

    You can't be serious. Murtaza is as big of a hack as they come.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,009
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today Shakib was just disgraceful the guy can't bowl,bat or field.i hate when Ather say all the time he is no.1 allrounder.the guy is only good for the poor Zimbabwe

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    13,039
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    You're just sour because he became more popular in Bangladesh than your favourite player.
    I don't support fixers, once a fixer always a fixer, out of my heart for life.

    Discussion is based on his poor performance against quality opposition. He bats like a tailender and bowls like shehzad (ahmed), I consider Jadeja's bowling more effective than Shakib's. Jadeja learns from his mistake and has a never die attitude unlike Shakib who is mentally very fragile. Too much publicity and Shakib being given VIP treatment for a mediocre cricketer and to think he is better than Shane Watson, what a disgrace
    Last edited by Ashraful_Rox; 24th February 2016 at 18:29.


    Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Kuwait
    Runs
    1,937
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guys you can talk about his ability of playing sports but not personal life and no personal remarks.

    Keep that in mind.

    Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk


    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

  7. #7
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,435
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing exceptional overrated Player reminds of old Bangla team... To make bangal a non-minow need to get rid of him

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly not a t20 Star. Dude can't clear the boundaries. But in other formats he is one of the finest all rounder at present

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    He is a dud with the bat, only feasts against Zimbabwe, terrible in the field also a liability with the ball against decent opposition.

    He is mentally very fragile, after a recent true news came out about his personal life it seems it has affected his performance which we have noticed in PSL and now his poor performance and nervousness was seen today.

    I think Bangladesh should drop Shakib as he is a negative influence in the team, he has been a bad role model for the newer generation of Bangladesh. Replace him with Nasir Hossain or the under19 captain who's a decent player and quite a humble bloke unlike big headed Shakib.

    Discuss.

    Pray Shakib to rescue you (currently batting :-) )

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    13,039
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty ordinary even against UAE, got out of a full toss, disgraceful. Picked up a few tailenders, moral victory for him.


    Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    447
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, if he was over-rated than he wont be number 1 in ICC ranking for so long...

    Anyways he is out of form... happens with the best.. Even guys like Tendulkar Lara Kallis had peak and off peak years... nothing to worry...

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    88,706
    Mentioned
    1529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Just so people are clear - when referring to players or fans of Bangladesh players, use the term Bangladesh fans etc


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    9,234
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was quite poor today as well

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    13,039
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's see how he fares against Sri Lanka today. I am expecting a 4 ball 1 run and will leak at least 35 runs if he bowls his full quota.


    Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,365
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My brother Ashru was right there.

    He is over rated as a spinner for sure.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    954
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Gave the final away today with his bowling.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    875
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Gave the final away today with his bowling.
    He played this match with injury moreover he is out of form. Hope he will come back stronger in the WC

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    954
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imran Hasan View Post
    He played this match with injury moreover he is out of form. Hope he will come back stronger in the WC
    No point in playing him then, sunny would have been a better pick.
    I think Bangladesh should have sent mortaza or hossain in earlier to take ashwin on.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,392
    Mentioned
    839 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Out of form.

    Out of zone.

    Was woeful in PSL too.

    Will bounce back.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    13,039
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't bat, can't bowl and he is the number 1 all rounder, what a joke. Bashing Zimbabwe doesn't make one number 1 rounder. Mahmudullah is a better all rounder then Shakib, Mahmu also scored two tons overseas, doesn't go on and make arrogant comments, humble down to earth person. Shakib should be replaced with Mehedi Hasan.


    Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,519
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shakib is still the best player Bangladesh have produced. He certainly did have a bad tournament but he is class.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    3,073
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
    Shakib is still the best player Bangladesh have produced. He certainly did have a bad tournament but he is class.
    Nope. Shakib was just a good player in a rubbish Bangladesh team that's why fans started treating him as a legend. Now that there are a few players performing people are starting to realise that he is overrated. I think Mahmudullah and Mustafizur will be regarded higher at the end of their careers.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,519
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Nope. Shakib was just a good player in a rubbish Bangladesh team that's why fans started treating him as a legend. Now that there are a few players performing people are starting to realise that he is overrated. I think Mahmudullah and Mustafizur will be regarded higher at the end of their careers.
    Let them play as much cricket as Shakib played and then we can start judging.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,009
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    without a shadow of doubt today his pathetic bowling and even more pathetic field setting by Mashrafe lost BD the match

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    447
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kudos to him, he played with injury... a bad outing against the worlds best team does not make him awful (again with injury)...

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,612
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonmoy View Post
    Kudos to him, he played with injury... a bad outing against the worlds best team does not make him awful (again with injury)...
    I don't understand. Why would BD play him knowing he has an injury? Clearly he has not been in the best of forms.


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On the decline i am afraid

    Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    12,961
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Not overrated, in bad form and kind of a loose cannon.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    3,580
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shakib is a good player. And a competitive one. This cannot be argued.

    However, does it have it in him to take his game to the next level is what we will have to wait and watch. He was the best performing player in a team of below average performers. Now that he has more support, he should be more comfortable in performing his role.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    10,191
    Mentioned
    891 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just checked that this guy is still 28?! Thought he'd be at least in his early 30s by now.

    As the user above me said, it is weird that he outshone everyone and was a class allrounder when the rest of his team was mediocrity defined. But now that the rest of his team is looking good, he has regressed.


    Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    4,242
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    arrogant as they come. i remember when bangladesh was playing a match against a minnow and they had one to win, he refused the single to win the match because he wanted to end it with a boundary. i would love to see him pull that kind of stunt in the mlb.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    6,060
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Still the greatest ever Bangladeshi player so far.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    13,039
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Played a terrible knock along with Mushy, and bowling has been worse. He has become a minnow basher, well he always was, picked up 4fer against Oman but all those deliveries looked like hit me balls. Went for 39 runs in 4 overs. Let's see how he fares against Aussies.


    Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    10,191
    Mentioned
    891 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Heroic knock today not his fault the others panicked. Looked dead set to take the team home but ran out of partners.

    It was like watching Kaate all over again. All the players like the robbers in the movie get killed during the heist and then that one guy whose wife hates him gets away with all the money, Shakib was that guy.
    Last edited by Suleiman; 16th March 2016 at 19:38.


    Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,872
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Heroic knock today not his fault the others panicked. Looked dead set to take the team home but ran out of partners.

    It was like watching Kaate all over again. All the players like the robbers in the movie get killed during the heist and then that one guy whose wife hates him gets away with all the money, Shakib was that guy.
    Witch match where you watching ?
    He was batting At 100 SR when the RRR was At 12 (200SR).
    That was a hell of a poor innings!

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    1,782
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My blood starts to boil every time I see him, I don't know why but I'm damn sure I'm not the only one.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    10,191
    Mentioned
    891 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Witch match where you watching ?
    He was batting At 100 SR when the RRR was At 12 (200SR).
    That was a hell of a poor innings!
    Yeah but he tried his best and showed guts. Took on Amir even and launched a threatening Malik. Call him whatever but he's a street fighter.


    Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,846
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shakib was never a 150+ batsman.

    He was always adept at rotating the strike and finding the odd boundary. He is a grafter at best and a good one at that. We lost the match when our openers failed to get the runs during the powerplay.

    Actually, we could never get anywhere close to 202. We don't have batsman to score big runs

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    922
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhat overrated for sure, he's a big choker as well as an irresponsible and immature batsman. His batting average against top sides in opposition countries is beyond mediocre in test.

    In England- 13.00
    In South Africa- 11.50
    In Sri Lanka- 12.00

    He averages 53 in West Indies because of the 2009 tour where he played against a third string patch up West Indies team. He's certainly no Imran Khan. As for the recent double century, he had fours lives and was really lucky.

    As a bowler however, he's pretty good in subcontinent conditions and quite brilliant outside subcontinent (for a spinner, much better than Ashwin and Yasir Shah). I would rate him higher if his batting wasn't so reckless and immature for a senior player who has been playing for over a decade

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    1,618
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Somewhat overrated for sure, he's a big choker as well as an irresponsible and immature batsman. His batting average against top sides in opposition countries is beyond mediocre in test.

    In England- 13.00
    In South Africa- 11.50
    In Sri Lanka- 12.00

    He averages 53 in West Indies because of the 2009 tour where he played against a third string patch up West Indies team. He's certainly no Imran Khan. As for the recent double century, he had fours lives and was really lucky.

    As a bowler however, he's pretty good in subcontinent conditions and quite brilliant outside subcontinent (for a spinner, much better than Ashwin and Yasir Shah). I would rate him higher if his batting wasn't so reckless and immature for a senior player who has been playing for over a decade
    If you rate Shakib low due to his poor batting in England, you must rate Tamim above someome like Sehwag for the exact same reason. Are you willing to do that?

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    922
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    If you rate Shakib low due to his poor batting in England, you must rate Tamim above someome like Sehwag for the exact same reason. Are you willing to do that?
    Not sure what Tamim and Sehwag has to do here, but I don't rate players based on England performance only. Otherwise Kohli would be worse than some tailenders with his 13.40 average. Shakib's batting has been on decline since 2012 Asia Cup and he bats recklessly when his team need him.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 18th January 2017 at 22:10.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    1,618
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Not sure what Tamim and Sehwag has to do here, but I don't rate players based on England performance only. Otherwise Kohli would be worse than some tailenders with his 13.40 average. Shakib's batting has been on decline since 2012 Asia Cup and he bats recklessly when his team need him.
    But his Test batting average has gone up from the mid 30s to past 40 now in that time frame.

    I agree he's reckless and not technically spound, but its not possible for a hack to average 40 even against mediocre sides on flat tracks.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    4,064
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have said it multiple times before.. Finger spin is not very useful outside of dustbowls.. If he can win matches with ball in Asia while being a decent away bat that should be good enough to be considered a quality all-rounder.

    Over reliance on finger spin has been the reason why asian sides can't succeed in alien conditions. Pakistan has had pace attack but on the other hand their batting wasn't good enough.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,048
    Mentioned
    4252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    What a cricketer.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    6,060
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He does not get enough credit because he does not play for England, Australia, and India.

    The guy can perform in all 3 formats.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Somewhere from Bangladesh
    Runs
    461
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's an world class cricketer.

    In fact I would say he's an under rated and often an under performer. He's a natural talent with un orthodox batting style.


    He's a greater batsman than what he does in T20 franchise leagues.

    Look at his batting when in the Bangladesh shirts..

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,846
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is already a modern day great. Don't tell me anything else. He is the best allrounder in the world.

    Someone told me he isn't impact player. You don't believe impact. Coming at 13/3 and scoring 110

  48. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    7,535
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's an ATG and the GOAT Bangladesh cricketer.Fine player,one of the best in world.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    13,039
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If we are to advance to the semis depending on firestarter knocking out Aussies, he needs to perform. Well played today, need him to finish it off next time instead of getting bowled


    Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,245
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not at all.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    18,185
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol who thought he was ovverated? Brilliant and consistent player.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    267
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shakib is better than Stokes.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    1,881
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no shakib is not overrated at all, his bowling is genuinely handy, and he is a clutch batsman. he is bangladeshs greatest every cricketer for good reason, would make any side in the world, test or odi


    How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,126
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is world class and a selfless batsman. Unfortunately plays in a weak team.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  55. #55
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,126
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selfless in the sense that I have never seen him batting for his records like Tamim.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    922
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Selfless in the sense that I have never seen him batting for his records like Tamim.
    Tamim is hardly selfish, he saved BD from embarrassment in last 2 ODIs. Everybody except Mushfiqur are out of form

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Is "Shakib-Al-Hasan" an ATG ?

    Bangladeshi all rounder Shakib Al Hasan is currently the ''runaway leader'' in the latest ICC All rounders rankings across two of the most important formats of cricket ie tests and odis. Even in t20s he is among the top three all rounders.


    He is like "an one man army" for his team and his consistent exploits have made him one of the greatest all rounders of this generation. In last 30 years he is one of the only two elite players who has managed to take two five wicket hauls and score a fifty in a single test on two occasions.


    Also remember the fact that he is the only all rounder in the history of test cricket who has a five wicket haul against all the other test playing nation.

    I think he has already achieved the status of an ATG. Do you consider him as an ATG ?

  58. #58
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    3,202
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ofcourse he is.. not a single doubt about that

  59. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    6,700
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he is. Better than any English all-rounder since Botham.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    897
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahahah atg? Come off it. ATGs dont miss out away tours to SA.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    410
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Yes he is. Better than any English all-rounder since Botham.
    Better than Stokes? Career wise maybe, but that is only because they are at different points int heir careers. Wasn't Hafeez ranked as the number 1 all rounder at one point, shows how much you should ignore the rankings

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    Better than Stokes? Career wise maybe, but that is only because they are at different points int heir careers. Wasn't Hafeez ranked as the number 1 all rounder at one point, shows how much you should ignore the rankings
    Career wise may be? Lol

    Shakib is better than Stokes in every single format. Even in current form he's ahead of Stokes. No competition.
    Last edited by RainMan_; 17th April 2018 at 12:45.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    hahahahah atg? Come off it. ATGs dont miss out away tours to SA.
    He's one of the most important players in Bangladesh line up. Before sa tour, he wasn't feeling OK with his body which made him believe that he wouldn't be able to give his 100% during the match and therefore decided to take a break.

    Nothing wrong with that. Last time he played in south africa he decimated their batting lineup with his mesmerising spin and took a fifer. He enjoys playing in Sa.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Yes he is. Better than any English all-rounder since Botham.
    That's correct and more or less everybody agrees with the fact that he has been the best all rounder in cricket in last 8/10 years.

    But this is about whether he's an atg or not. Do u consider him as an atg

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Ofcourse he is.. not a single doubt about that
    Spot on.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    6,700
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    That's correct and more or less everybody agrees with the fact that he has been the best all rounder in cricket in last 8/10 years.

    But this is about whether he's an atg or not. Do u consider him as an atg
    I think yes.

    If he wins his team a WC in 2019, he will be regarded as one of the most influential cricketers to have ever played the game.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    18,707
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    That's correct and more or less everybody agrees with the fact that he has been the best all rounder in cricket in last 8/10 years.

    But this is about whether he's an atg or not. Do u consider him as an atg
    How many months in his entire career Shakib has been ranked in the top 10 in batting in the test format?

    How many months in his entire career Shakib has been ranked in the top 10 in bowling in the test format?

    Compare that with any ATG all rounder and you will get your answer.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    897
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    He's one of the most important players in Bangladesh line up. Before sa tour, he wasn't feeling OK with his body which made him believe that he wouldn't be able to give his 100% during the match and therefore decided to take a break.

    Nothing wrong with that. Last time he played in south africa he decimated their batting lineup with his mesmerising spin and took a fifer. He enjoys playing in Sa.
    He is one of bang's best...he isn't one of the best in history.

    And he decimated SA? They scored 130 runs off of him and scored 441 all together.

    You might want to look up the definition of decimate.

    On top of all that, he couldn't bat haha

  69. #69
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    467
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has skills, but he's soft.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,110
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are the #1 AR in the world, you should take a difficult overseas trip as a challenge rather than abandoning your team in their time of need.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    How many months in his entire career Shakib has been ranked in the top 10 in batting in the test format?

    How many months in his entire career Shakib has been ranked in the top 10 in bowling in the test format?

    Compare that with any ATG all rounder and you will get your answer.
    U can't judge him in that way. He plays in all three formats and he's equally effective in every single of them. Furthermore, his team plays a handful no of test in each calender year so it'sx difficult for him to consistently remain in the top ten as a batsman or a bower.

    Look at his individual performance both as a bowler and a batsman against all the top teams in every single format and then compare it to the other great allrounders.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    If you are the #1 AR in the world, you should take a difficult overseas trip as a challenge rather than abandoning your team in their time of need.
    Shakib has already taken many difficult challenges in his career. But u can't force a player to play if he's injured or fatigued. He's the last player who would shy away from a challenge. He always thrives in challenging environment.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    He is one of bang's best...he isn't one of the best in history.

    And he decimated SA? They scored 130 runs off of him and scored 441 all together.

    You might want to look up the definition of decimate.

    On top of all that, he couldn't bat haha
    They scored 130 runs off him, so what. Look at the no of overs he bowled in that match, look at the type of pitch on which the match was played on, look at the no of wickets he took and then compare it to the performance of other subcontinental spinners who played there in the past.

    It was great performance. Easily one of the best by any subcontinental spinner.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    432
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    If you are the #1 AR in the world, you should take a difficult overseas trip as a challenge rather than abandoning your team in their time of need.
    Agree.I don't care whatever the reason might be,He should've played that series.Overseas opportunity are very rare for teams like Bangladesh and he should've been smart enough to not miss them.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    18,707
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    U can't judge him in that way. He plays in all three formats and he's equally effective in every single of them. Furthermore, his team plays a handful no of test in each calender year so it'sx difficult for him to consistently remain in the top ten as a batsman or a bower.

    Look at his individual performance both as a bowler and a batsman against all the top teams in every single format and then compare it to the other great allrounders.
    ATG player do make their mark some where otherwise you are simply arguing about him being better then all rounders which England loves to play.

    If you are an ATG or even close, you have to be in top 10 in either batting or bowling for an extended period, otherwise there is no need to debate about a player being ATG based on bunch of other factors.

    Why anyone will look at his individual contribution against top team and all that. Those comes much later and he need to be first consistent enough in one skill to be ranked in in the top 10 for some period. You didn't ask about him being a BD great. You are asking for a benchmark which is reserved for best players in history. Him being valuable player for BD is not getting debated.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    569
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    If you are the #1 AR in the world, you should take a difficult overseas trip as a challenge rather than abandoning your team in their time of need.
    Abd did same against england and worse thing was he was playing t20 league for money.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    ATG player do make their mark some where otherwise you are simply arguing about him being better then all rounders which England loves to play.

    If you are an ATG or even close, you have to be in top 10 in either batting or bowling for an extended period, otherwise there is no need to debate about a player being ATG based on bunch of other factors.

    Why anyone will look at his individual contribution against top team and all that. Those comes much later and he need to be first consistent enough in one skill to be ranked in in the top 10 for some period. You didn't ask about him being a BD great. You are asking for a benchmark which is reserved for best players in history. Him being valuable player for BD is not getting debated.
    Disagree with u since ur logic didn't make any sense to me. Why does a player need to be consistent in one single skill and be in the top 10 in batting or bowling ranking when we r taking about a pure all rounder?


    What u were describing in ur post was the characteristics of a batting or bowling all rounder. A bowling all rounder will naturally find himself in the list of top 10 batters while won't be anywhere near in the list of top 10 batsman whereas a bowling all rounder will make easily to the top 10 bowlers list but won't be get into the top 10 batters list. But here we r talking about shakib who's a pure all rounder, which means that he isn't the best in either of the department individually rather good at both departments.


    Shakib is in the 3rd position among all the elite all rounders who has a positive difference between his batting and bowling avg. Only sobers and kallis r better than him in this regard.

    If u look at the all the all rounders who r regarded as the best of the game u'll see most of them were good at one but mediocre at the others. Shakib is the one of the very few all rounders who's equally good in all departments. Look at Botham who averages in low 20 in Lois whereas shakib averages 40. But if u compare their bowling average in Lois then u'll see they r almost equal.

    U'll find same anomaly if u compare shakib with kapil. Kapil will come out as an inferior batter. Shakib is the only 40+ average batsman who has 16 Fife five-hour. Pls Go and take a look at the record of all the well known atg all rounders and compare them with shakib, u'll see shakib is easily as good as them if not better.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Agree.I don't care whatever the reason might be,He should've played that series.Overseas opportunity are very rare for teams like Bangladesh and he should've been smart enough to not miss them.
    How can a player play if he's injured or has some niggle in his body. He plays in all three formats for Bangladesh and works like a machine. He's the most important player In our team, which is why management didn't want to take any risk with him.

    But I agree with u regarding the fact that overseas tours r rare for Bangladesh. That's the fault of dysfunctional icc which works just to serve few individual rich boards.
    Last edited by RainMan_; 17th April 2018 at 23:37.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,639
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he the best player in BD? Yes
    Is he the best AR in Asia? Yes
    Is he an ATG? No
    Can he be an ATG? No

    He is good batsman and an above average bowler. Teams would kill to have a player like that. But, to be an ATG, you need to be one of the best ever in either batting or bowling. Shakib is way more than a bits and pieces player and way less than the best batsman or best bowler in the world.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    Disagree with u since ur logic didn't make any sense to me. Why does a player need to be consistent in one single skill and be in the top 10 in batting or bowling ranking when we r taking about a pure all rounder?


    What u were describing in ur post was the characteristics of a batting or bowling all rounder. A bowling all rounder will naturally find himself in the list of top 10 batters while won't be anywhere near in the list of top 10 batsman whereas a bowling all rounder will make easily to the top 10 bowlers list but won't be get into the top 10 batters list. But here we r talking about shakib who's a pure all rounder, which means that he isn't the best in either of the department individually rather good at both departments.


    Shakib is in the 3rd position among all the elite all rounders who has a positive difference between his batting and bowling avg. Only sobers and kallis r better than him in this regard.

    If u look at the all the all rounders who r regarded as the best of the game u'll see most of them were good at one but mediocre at the others. Shakib is the one of the very few all rounders who's equally good in all departments. Look at Botham who averages in low 20 in Lois whereas shakib averages 40. But if u compare their bowling average in Lois then u'll see they r almost equal.

    U'll find same anomaly if u compare shakib with kapil. Kapil will come out as an inferior batter. Shakib is the only 40+ average batsman who has 16 Fife five-hour. Pls Go and take a look at the record of all the well known atg all rounders and compare them with shakib, u'll see shakib is easily as good as them if not better.
    16 five-fors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •