Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difficulties in reading Urdu

I am a Bengali and I am from India. I am trying to learn Urdu from various sources in internet, particularly, Youtube. Urdu is not my native language but I can read and write Hindi. So far I have completed studying Urdu alphabets, their shapes and positions and I am able to write simple words in Nastaleeq script, like Masjid, Anar, Bakri etc.

But I am in total loss when I want to read such Urdu words those are already written. For example, I can write the word 'Masjid' in Nastaleeq script but if the word is already written somewhere, I can't read it. The totally get confused while identifying the connected letters.

Can anyone suggest anything to solve this issue?

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Exile
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read more.

Go to the Dawn.com urdu site or BBC urdu & read their articles, they use easily readable font

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by urdu_learner View Post
    I am a Bengali and I am from India. I am trying to learn Urdu from various sources in internet, particularly, Youtube. Urdu is not my native language but I can read and write Hindi. So far I have completed studying Urdu alphabets, their shapes and positions and I am able to write simple words in Nastaleeq script, like Masjid, Anar, Bakri etc.

But I am in total loss when I want to read such Urdu words those are already written. For example, I can write the word 'Masjid' in Nastaleeq script but if the word is already written somewhere, I can't read it. The totally get confused while identifying the connected letters.

Can anyone suggest anything to solve this issue?
    Even I don't know how to read Urdu and I am Pakistani.

Rule #1 I’m always right
    Rule #2 If i’m wrong please look at rule #1