Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What should the poor guy Sadaf Hussain do?

He is not quick enough, you dont select him for national team

Now you dont select him even for top domestic tournaments

IMO he should move away from PAkistan and focus on league cricket and try to get settled in UK.

Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Pyongyang
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Try moving to UK

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is in the list of players for the Pakistan cup

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid Z View Post
    He is in the list of players for the Pakistan cup
    HE hasnt been picked

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    retire , he still has time he is 26 move to uk or new zealand i guarantee you he will break through into their national team

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have friendship with people who matter
    and be in good books of people who handle domestic cricket

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    relax even Mukhtar Ahmed didnt got selected

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    relax even Mukhtar Ahmed didnt got selected
    Mukhtar is nobody interms of domestic performances. This hasnt happened to SAdaf 1st time he should pack his bags and try to leave this unjust country ASAP

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1084 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    wish he'd been on the plane to England

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    so, just to be clear, none of the captains rank him?
    I wonder what all us PPers know that these captains cant see.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1084 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    so, just to be clear, none of the captains rank him?
    I wonder what all us PPers know that these captains cant see.
    None of the captains.

None of the selectors

None of the coaches

None of the regional associations

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I refuse to believe the myth now that he is some super amazing bowler. It does seem if the guy probably did something to a PCB official, but overall, not a single one of the captain's picked him. It shows that they don't rate him either. If he was truly as good as his stats suggested, he'd be in the national team by now.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Sadaf Hussain needs to fix his weaknesses.

His bowling is okay, but they are countless left-arm quicks ahead of him in the queue - Amir, Wahab, Irfan, Junaid and Rahat for starters.

He will NEVER make the grade unless he stops being such a disgrace with the bat and in the field.

It is sloppy and unprofessional for him to allow his standards to be so low.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be another imran Tahir case doing well for some other country

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There must be a very good reason that no captain, player, coach, or selector seem impressed with him. If he was seriously that good, he wouldn't be ignored for this long. We've got to remember that Sadaf plays in the same domestic league as someone like Hammad Azam, averaging below 20.

My bet is that he's just another trundler who thrives on the low quality wickets in Pakistani domestic cricket.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1084 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamirWarraich View Post
    I refuse to believe the myth now that he is some super amazing bowler. It does seem if the guy probably did something to a PCB official, but overall, not a single one of the captain's picked him. It shows that they don't rate him either. If he was truly as good as his stats suggested, he'd be in the national team by now.
    I dont think he will be a special bowler either

However the point is that regardless of how average he may be has done brilliantly year after year after year now. So lets say there is some problem and he isnt good enough for the national team. However i refuse to believe that he is not good enough to even make our domestic competitions like HAIER t20 or the Pentangular. I know the level of our second string fast bowlers so its not possible that he is poorer

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    None of the captains.

None of the selectors

None of the coaches

None of the regional associations
    they are all wrong, we know better

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1084 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Will be another imran Tahir case doing well for some other country

Imran Tahir leaving didnt hurt us and he didnt deserve to play for us anyway as we had better options

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Tahir leaving didnt hurt us and he didnt deserve to play for us anyway as we had better options
    He did do well for SA and won matches against Pak and that was mine point.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think he will be a special bowler either

However the point is that regardless of how average he may be has done brilliantly year after year after year now. So lets say there is some problem and he isnt good enough for the national team. However i refuse to believe that he is not good enough to even make our domestic competitions like HAIER t20 or the Pentangular. I know the level of our second string fast bowlers so its not possible that he is poorer
    Yeah I agree

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    wish he'd been on the plane to England
    And what would he do when he gets to England.

On paper his age is 26 - in reality he is probably closer to the 30 mark and people in England across the ranks will see right through that.

He played Division 1 cricket in the The North Staffs & South Cheshire league last year. Will he come back and try to see if he can play for a team in the The North Staffs & South Cheshire Premier League this year? Ok let's say he gets a contract with a premier league team. He plays with them for 4 months over the summer. He should be looking to do this regardless of if he is being picked for Pakistani teams or not to gain experience and improve his game.

The 4 month season finishes - it's not like he will be rushed straight to a county team by any means. What will he do for the rest of the year? Work as a taxi driver?

After a couple of successful seasons with a league team he may be called out by a 3rd or possibly 2nd XI county team if he is lucky. By that stage his papers may read he is 30 but it will be evident that he is closer to 34/35. How much money and/or experience would he have earned so far? How much money will he earn playing for these 2nd and 3rd string county teams and how long will he play for? How much will he make?

Will he really have enough time to then go on and play in the 1st XI of a county team or will the selectors see that actually this is someone who is getting on with his cricketing years and look to bring in new blood?

Is it really worth him leaving his family, home, friends, support structure etc. every thing he has in Pakistan for that life? In my opinion it's very easy to say "he should move to England", however, in reality the opportunities available in England are not particularly great either for him.

Forget all of that. Sure he has been hard done by in my opinion and in the opinions of many on this forum. It would have been good to see him in competitions like this. However, if he hasn't been rated by any captain, any selector, any coach and anyone of anyone of real importance really - how far do you think have a strong PP fan base will get him? How many of his PP fans know anything more than his stats about him?

What if in reality he has done well in Pakistani domestic and English Division 1 league cricket due to poor pitches and poor quality oppositions? Maybe in reality the coaches, the selectors and the captains are right and he is just a trudler who isn't good enough.

Maybe I am completely wrong and reality he is a bowler of pure class and has teh ability to be the best in the world, who has been screwed over by the corruption in the PCB.

All I am saying is that it is very easy for people to sit on an on line forum, look at a bunch of numbers and pass judgement & statements, when in reality they may be a number of other factors which influence what is happening.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

His bowling is okay, but they are countless left-arm quicks ahead of him in the queue - Amir, Wahab, Irfan, Junaid and Rahat for starters.

He will NEVER make the grade unless he stops being such a disgrace with the bat and in the field.

How good is Irfan with the bat compared to him?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    And what would he do when he gets to England.

On paper his age is 26 - in reality he is probably closer to the 30 mark and people in England across the ranks will see right through that.

He played Division 1 cricket in the The North Staffs & South Cheshire league last year. Will he come back and try to see if he can play for a team in the The North Staffs & South Cheshire Premier League this year? Ok let's say he gets a contract with a premier league team. He plays with them for 4 months over the summer. He should be looking to do this regardless of if he is being picked for Pakistani teams or not to gain experience and improve his game.

The 4 month season finishes - it's not like he will be rushed straight to a county team by any means. What will he do for the rest of the year? Work as a taxi driver?

After a couple of successful seasons with a league team he may be called out by a 3rd or possibly 2nd XI county team if he is lucky. By that stage his papers may read he is 30 but it will be evident that he is closer to 34/35. How much money and/or experience would he have earned so far? How much money will he earn playing for these 2nd and 3rd string county teams and how long will he play for? How much will he make?

Will he really have enough time to then go on and play in the 1st XI of a county team or will the selectors see that actually this is someone who is getting on with his cricketing years and look to bring in new blood?

Is it really worth him leaving his family, home, friends, support structure etc. every thing he has in Pakistan for that life? In my opinion it's very easy to say "he should move to England", however, in reality the opportunities available in England are not particularly great either for him.

Forget all of that. Sure he has been hard done by in my opinion and in the opinions of many on this forum. It would have been good to see him in competitions like this. However, if he hasn't been rated by any captain, any selector, any coach and anyone of anyone of real importance really - how far do you think have a strong PP fan base will get him? How many of his PP fans know anything more than his stats about him?

What if in reality he has done well in Pakistani domestic and English Division 1 league cricket due to poor pitches and poor quality oppositions? Maybe in reality the coaches, the selectors and the captains are right and he is just a trudler who isn't good enough.

Maybe I am completely wrong and reality he is a bowler of pure class and has teh ability to be the best in the world, who has been screwed over by the corruption in the PCB.

All I am saying is that it is very easy for people to sit on an on line forum, look at a bunch of numbers and pass judgement & statements, when in reality they may be a number of other factors which influence what is happening.
    This is a quality post. It should be favourite for POTW. All too easy for people to make flippant remarks about moving away from the country to pursue a career abroad. It will be supremely difficult for Sadaf to get anything substantial in England without having the right connections in league cricket either. Even then, it is a dark and ugly road. I've seen so many Pakistanis lose themselves on it.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Told ya guys before that he won't be selected, with current system you can't expect it. Our selectors don't know nothing, our captains, coaches e.t.c knows nothing.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamirWarraich View Post
    The fact that no one picked him doesn't mean he's overrated, it means thaf the selectors are ignorant and based their teams around nepotism. The funny thing is YK's team seems the most adventurous in terms of uncapped players yet most PPers didn't want him anywhere near that role.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    This is a quality post. It should be favourite for POTW. All too easy for people to make flippant remarks about moving away from the country to pursue a career abroad. It will be supremely difficult for Sadaf to get anything substantial in England without having the right connections in league cricket either. Even then, it is a dark and ugly road. I've seen so many Pakistanis lose themselves on it.
    Thank you
    @#GreenRoars - t's been a while since I won POTW - hook me up bro! Haha

But seriously though - I completely agree man - its much easier said than done and I it's not as if there is huge amounts of opportunity or money available by playing league cricket in the UK.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok can you guys let me know one thing
    he has been playing domestic matches for 7 years now, has he palyed for one team only or he has changed teams ? his team ever won domestic trophy ? or his team has gone winless during these years ?
    If his team haven't win trophy then he need to change team, get into stronger team whose officials have some reach within PCB.

also what kind of attitude/body language this guy have? is he some kind of laid back chracter?

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah irfan and rahat Ali should show him to field

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how Pakistan's 2 top performers in domestic cricket in Sadaf and Fawad Alam are not being picked for the test side.

Averaging under 20 with the ball is exceptional and so is Fawad's batting average of 60 which no one has even come close to matching...

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1084 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim2Good View Post
    ok can you guys let me know one thing
    he has been playing domestic matches for 7 years now, has he palyed for one team only or he has changed teams ? his team ever won domestic trophy ? or his team has gone winless during these years ?
    If his team haven't win trophy then he need to change team, get into stronger team whose officials have some reach within PCB.

also what kind of attitude/body language this guy have? is he some kind of laid back chracter?
    his team reached final of FC this year

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his team reached final of FC this year
    mean once in almost 7 years
    I think he need to change his team then and get in team who have strong ppl and present his case better to PCB

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    He is not quick enough, you dont select him for national team

Now you dont select him even for top domestic tournaments

IMO he should move away from PAkistan and focus on league cricket and try to get settled in UK.
    You seem to be a fan. Can I ask you, this guy was selected in Pak squad against touring Uk team in 2012 and he took wickets. I think he was in squad for Caribbean tour also around that time.

Now nobody wants to touch him. Not Waqar, not Misbah, no regional team. Even in Uk he plays for a very low division team like burselem. I know he has had family problems in the past.

Is there something up with this guy's attitude?? I know many junior uk clubs are averse to taking on Pak players as they all say their attitude is very bad. (Eg bilawal bhatti in todmorden) meaning they take what they want from their uk stints but don't help to develop the club and train juniors.

So I wondered what reason could there be for excluding Sadaf. I know there are many left armers in Pak squad but only AMIR AND perhaps wahab are automatic picks. If Sadaf was good enough don't you think he would be picked by now? If he was good enough wouldn't he be playing for a more higher grade county team?

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    There must be a very good reason that no captain, player, coach, or selector seem impressed with him. If he was seriously that good, he wouldn't be ignored for this long. We've got to remember that Sadaf plays in the same domestic league as someone like Hammad Azam, averaging below 20.

My bet is that he's just another trundler who thrives on the low quality wickets in Pakistani domestic cricket.
    He may be a trundler and not good enough

But he has out bowled all those who have been selected for 7 years straight

This is a domesic tourney where even likes of arsal sh. are playing, how can your top domestic wicket taker for so many seasons not good enough to play this competetion

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Point is not his selection for national team

Point is he deserves to first name among domestic players to be chosen for this competetion

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Told ya guys before that he won't be selected, with current system you can't expect it. Our selectors don't know nothing, our captains, coaches e.t.c knows nothing.
    Yep. All these guys who've played international cricket know nothing compared to a few keyboard warriors on this forum. Well said.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    anybody who bowls in Pakistan and has an average below 20 deserves a chance in the country's top odi tournament. Same with fawad. These guys are probably honest triers who have zero sifarish. The way the pcb have treated fawad is beyond pathetic! he could hit three double centuries and they still wouldn't pick him!!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    anybody who bowls in Pakistan and has an average below 20 deserves a chance in the country's top odi tournament. Same with fawad. These guys are probably honest triers who have zero sifarish. The way the pcb have treated fawad is beyond pathetic! he could hit three double centuries and they still wouldn't pick him!!
    each of the five/six captains is wrong?

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we're never short of braindeads and tailunts in our country.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Yep. All these guys who've played international cricket know nothing compared to a few keyboard warriors on this forum. Well said.

We are spending our time on it, we use our eyes with the co-ordination of our brain, but unfortunately our selectors and former players aren't able to use these 2 blessings in a good way.

Has been proved for million times.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    We are spending our time on it, we use our eyes with the co-ordination of our brain, but unfortunately our selectors and former players aren't able to use these 2 blessings in a good way.

Has been proved for million times.
    There must be a very good reason this guy isnt rated at all.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all know the performances of the so called rated and selected players, at international level.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    We all know the performances of the so called rated and selected players, at international level.
    What do Pakistan fans know about Sadaf Hussain besides a few stats? Has anyone of you faced him on a cricket field? These guys have and they are unanimous in their thinking. Clearly he's not as good as he is made out to be or he is just an evil, little man who nobody likes.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Yep, same reasons for which Sohail Tanveer, AA, Hammad, Cheema e.t.c are rated highly.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Needs to call Shakeel Shaikh over for a daawat.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plz plz if u can try someone like imran khalid, imran khan, ramoon raees or tried and tested y not him he performs every season wat else do u want him to do. People come here chat **** but statistics do prove a point y cant even irfan have the same statistics because his not that good his only picked cause his tall???

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sadaf hussain

Plz plz if u can try someone like imran khalid, imran khan, ramoon raees or tried and tested y not him he performs every season wat else do u want him to do. People come here chat **** but statistics do prove a point y cant even irfan have the same statistics because his not that good his only picked cause his tall???

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another example of mistreated players but somehow our fans think changing the coach and shuffling players will solve our problems.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget the poor soul now just like Jamshed Ahmed has been.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can we stop hyping this player? Its gets annoying hearing of some bowler who has not been seen in any international league. People need to give up on him and Fawad Alam.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He may be a trundler and not good enough

But he has out bowled all those who have been selected for 7 years straight

This is a domesic tourney where even likes of arsal sh. are playing, how can your top domestic wicket taker for so many seasons not good enough to play this competetion
    I'm not sure if he does deserve to play this domestic tourny. This tournament is for the best 60-70 players in the country. Yes, there may be some dodgy picks, but at the end of the day he's probably not good enough. I think we should trust the system on this one, you can't be overlooked by literally everyone if you're not good enough.

Numbers aren't the only selection criteria. We have to bear in mind the low standards of domestic cricket, and also the fact that he plays most his games in Islamabad (bowling paradise).

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    it wont be the first time.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1084 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The shame is that these players with great domestic record who are written off almost always end up doing well when they do get their chances.

Lets take a few examples

Aizaz Cheema, Tanveer Ahmed and Fawad Alam had many years of good domestic records but were never given chances because selectors deemed that not to have the X-factor or whatever to do well in international cricket

After years of toil and successful domestic performances, Aizaz Cheema and Tanvir Ahmed were given debuts well after (good 2-3 years) the time they were past their peak. However they ended up doing okay to well in international cricket. Same with Fawad who does well whenever he gets chances

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He needs to improve his speed, batting, fielding and overall fitness. In addition to this, be in the good books of those in power and he should be able to get picked for the national team. I think he's a bit complacent when it comes to batting and fielding, even though you're a tailender you should be able to have some sort of batting ability.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The shame is that these players with great domestic record who are written off almost always end up doing well when they do get their chances.

Lets take a few examples

Aizaz Cheema, Tanveer Ahmed and Fawad Alam had many years of good domestic records but were never given chances because selectors deemed that not to have the X-factor or whatever to do well in international cricket

After years of toil and successful domestic performances, Aizaz Cheema and Tanvir Ahmed were given debuts well after (good 2-3 years) the time they were past their peak. However they ended up doing okay to well in international cricket. Same with Fawad who does well whenever he gets chances
    cheema is still pretty good for most decent t20 leagues. at this peak there were other options available. fawad - he is not the answer in any format. still he should be looking forward to a comeback to the test team next year. he will be very lucky to miss the demolition that awaits us in england and australia: thereafter we will be playing mediocre opposition for the next few years and he has a chance to cement his place. Kinda like with Hafeez.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1084 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Pete Rose;8591269]cheema is still pretty good for most decent t20 leagues. at this peak there were other options available. [QUOTE]

we have had some really mediocre bowlers play for us when he was topping domestic chars from 2006-2010 such as Rana Naved, Rao iftikhar, Sohail Tanvir, Abdur Rauf etc so surely he couldve been tried for a few games

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lets take a few examples

To add to that there was a guy called Samiullah who had very impressive figures for many years and what little I saw of him was a lovely seam bowler but alas seems to have given up. Just comes down to the fact that you can only have a squad of about 20 players in contention at any one time including a balanced mix of right and left handers.

I think we also have to accept that the PCB or NCA is terrible at player development and unless somebody comes up with all their skills polished they are unable to get the best out of them. Just consider how Imran Tahir appeared so raw in his first international year after so many years of practice. Now he looks like a genuine threat every time he come on. CSA really look to have developed him.

Maybe the NCA feel that Sadaf doesn't have the ability to polish up further like amir or wahab have been doing on a consistent basis and happy to let him go.

He must be doing something very wrong when the likes of Rahat Ali are keeping him out of the squad. That said it is also true that barring Amir and maybe wahab none of our left arm seamers are automatic selections so Sadaf should still keep trying to push for a place.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Slog;8591279][QUOTE=Pete Rose;8591269]cheema is still pretty good for most decent t20 leagues. at this peak there were other options available.

we have had some really mediocre bowlers play for us when he was topping domestic chars from 2006-2010 such as Rana Naved, Rao iftikhar, Sohail Tanvir, Abdur Rauf etc so surely he couldve been tried for a few games
    if you look over a long enough period all of these guys are mediocre. But Rana Nanveed, Rao Iftikhar, and even Sohail Tanvir they all had peak that lasted a season or two....and that pretty much all it takes to rule the others out.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well tbh I just think it's a case of him not being friends with our current National team players he plays for KRL in which Rahat Ali is the only player who represents our national team and we all know how influential Rahat is.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please check statistics of sadaf hussain , usman salahuddin , umar siddiq , zia ul haq , shahzaib ahmed etc and compare them with sudaif mehdi , adnan ghous , awais zia , ramiz raja jr. and then talk

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if he does deserve to play this domestic tourny. This tournament is for the best 60-70 players in the country. Yes, there may be some dodgy picks, but at the end of the day he's probably not good enough. I think we should trust the system on this one, you can't be overlooked by literally everyone if you're not good enough.

Numbers aren't the only selection criteria. We have to bear in mind the low standards of domestic cricket, and also the fact that he plays most his games in Islamabad (bowling paradise).
    You couldn't be more wrong than this he averages sub 20 in most of the grounds in Pakistan I shared the stats as well in another Sadaf Hussain thread.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket lover 27 View Post
    know how influential Rahat is.
    tell me about this, i am very interested.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he need to b more socially active and have "friends" within domestic teams
    and need to change team as well and get in team where ppl in charge can present his case better.
    for example couple of years back Awais Zia took Naveed ul hassan, Hammad Azam to his village just for tape ball cricket final match and now he is making come back in main domestic tournament.

in Pakistan, you just can't lay back and let things happen, you have to move around to get your chance.
    Last edited by Asim2Good; 13th April 2016 at 08:55.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket lover 27 View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong than this he averages sub 20 in most of the grounds in Pakistan I shared the stats as well in another Sadaf Hussain thread.
    Big deal. I just said, stats are not the only criteria. If stats were the sole criteria, Sadaf Hussain and Hammad Azam would be opening the bowling for Pakistan

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tell me about this, i am very interested.
    Haha...I just meant he can't Select Sadaf Hussain in any team as he is not the captain. Besides he could not himself get a PSL contract this just shows he is not a very popular choice himself.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big deal. I just said, stats are not the only criteria. If stats were the sole criteria, Sadaf Hussain and Hammad Azam would be opening the bowling for Pakistan
    Well what you asserted in your previous post of him mostly playing in ISB that's why his stats are skewed was factually incorrect hence I pointed it out

Hammad Azam does not have equally good list A and FC stats so your argument on that part is also not comparable as well.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never watched him play so don't really have an opinion on him. What I must say his figures are exceptionally good. He can't be such a bad bowler with such terrific stats? Does anyone know what's actually going on with this young man?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I will say what I have always said on this matter. If one player has been ignored by every individual in any position of authority in Pakistan cricket (Chief Selectors, Coaches, Captains etc.) for 3-4 years, then he is probably not good enough.

I am not interested in conspiracy theories that he has rubbed a few key people the wrong way or has been victimized of all people, neither am I interested in his stats.

I am interested in the fact that no one has stood up for him since 2012. Absolutely no one.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I will say what I have always said on this matter. If one player has been ignored by every individual in any position of authority in Pakistan cricket (Chief Selectors, Coaches, Captains etc.) for 3-4 years, then he is probably not good enough.

I am not interested in conspiracy theories that he has rubbed a few key people the wrong way or has been victimized of all people, neither am I interested in his stats.

I am interested in the fact that no one has stood up for him since 2012. Absolutely no one.
    Exactly. You can't be completely ignored by literally everyone involved in cricket in Pakistan if you're really good enough. I think we should trust the selectors and PCB on this one.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Sometimes we should let the selectors do their job.

Not long ago, Fawad Alam (Limited Overs) and Mohmand were also victims of nepotism and injustice.

In 2013, there was also a conspiracy by the selectors against Irfan who supposedly did not want him to play Test cricket because they did not like him.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You absolutely havent watched or followed his performances in recent List-A and FC tournaments where he has been the best bowler in all types of conditions.

Lets shut down our domestic cricket if a bowler who has been topping the charts for 6-7 years straight isnt even among top 60 players

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You absolutely havent watched or followed his performances in recent List-A and FC tournaments where he has been the best bowler in all types of conditions.

Lets shut down our domestic cricket if a bowler who has been topping the charts for 6-7 years straight isnt even among top 60 players
    I have watched him. He looks like your average trundler who's making good use of the crap conditions in Pakistani domestic cricket. Once again, stats should be taken very lightly in Pakistan because the conditions are now conductive to trundling in and letting the ball do something off the pitch (or in the air if they're the low quality variety of balls).

Someone performing at domestic level should definately be called up to the academy to be looked at (aka, looking at his overall potential as a bowler. Speed, fitness, movement, technique, etc). They should only be selected after being cleared at the academy. Sadaf was lucky enough to receive a national callup, but he clearly did not impress the management enough to get a game. Once again, we should trust the system on this one.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Frankly all this Sadaf talk is getting tiresome now. I really do hope that he gets a chance now so that we can come to a conclusion either way.

He will be either really good or really bad - both I will enjoy.

However, a lot of people would lose faith in domestic numbers if he turns out to be a failure at the international level. Similarly, plenty of people will have their egos damaged if he turns out to be a success.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have watched him. He looks like your average trundler who's making good use of the crap conditions in Pakistani domestic cricket. Once again, stats should be taken very lightly in Pakistan because the conditions are now conductive to trundling in and letting the ball do something off the pitch (or in the air if they're the low quality variety of balls).

Someone performing at domestic level should definately be called up to the academy to be looked at (aka, looking at his overall potential as a bowler. Speed, fitness, movement, technique, etc). They should only be selected after being cleared at the academy. Sadaf was lucky enough to receive a national callup, but he clearly did not impress the management enough to get a game. Once again, we should trust the system on this one.
    But when he plays at the same time as our international players, his bowling figures are much more impressive

For example when Rahat Ali only took 8 wickets as an economy of 8.00 and sadaf took 22 wickets at economy of 4.5---same number of matches, same conditions, same place

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmood101 View Post
    But when he plays at the same time as our international players, his bowling figures are much more impressive

For example when Rahat Ali only took 8 wickets as an economy of 8.00 and sadaf took 22 wickets at economy of 4.5---same number of matches, same conditions, same place
    I think you have to consider the suitability of the attributes of the players to the pitches as well. It seems like Sadaf's bowling style is tailor-made for the terrible pitches that we have in domestic cricket.

For example, a very good County/Shield cricket batsman - who is better than most Pakistani batsmen and will do better than them in international cricket - might completely fail in our domestic cricket and fare worse than inferior domestic batsmen.

That is why it is important to pick players on their characteristics and skill-sets rather than just look at domestic numbers.

If we change our domestic pitches to very fast and bouncy ones, you will probably see a lot of performers struggle and non-performers doing well, simply because the pitches now would suit their style of play better.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think you have to consider the suitability of the attributes of the players to the pitches as well. It seems like Sadaf's bowling style is tailor-made for the terrible pitches that we have in domestic cricket.

For example, a very good County/Shield cricket batsman - who is better than most Pakistani batsmen and will do better than them in international cricket - might completely fail in our domestic cricket and fare worse than inferior domestic batsmen.

That is why it is important to pick players on their characteristics and skill-sets rather than just look at domestic numbers.

If we change our domestic pitches to very fast and bouncy ones, you will probably see a lot of performers struggle and non-performers doing well, simply because the pitches now would suit their style of play better.
    Spot on.

I'm not saying domestic performance is not important, but it's certainly not the only means to judge a player. A player must be judged in every way possible before being selected. If we picked stat-gods in our team, then Fawad Alam would currently be our captain, and Hammad Azam would be opening the bowling with Sadaf Hussain, and Wahab, Asad, and Azhar would be nowhere in the picture.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to imagine that every pitch in Pakistan is to his favouring, no way do all pitches support his bowling. He does well everywhere, players similar to him [Ehsan Adil] don't have nearly as good stats as him, so if players like Adil can be on the team than why not this guy? Both have similar skill set and dimensions. He has even performed in a few small matches in UK, where he was averaging something like 5 runs a wicket. All signs point to him being decent.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It's hard to imagine that every pitch in Pakistan is to his favouring, no way do all pitches support his bowling. He does well everywhere, players similar to him [Ehsan Adil] don't have nearly as good stats as him, so if players like Adil can be on the team than why not this guy? Both have similar skill set and dimensions. He has even performed in a few small matches in UK, where he was averaging something like 5 runs a wicket. All signs point to him being decent.
    Of course my post is driven by the assumption that he is not very good by international standards. Based on social justice, he deserves a chance and like I said, this Sadaf mystery is getting tiresome now. I think people deserve to have the verdict either way.

It has been going on for years now and both sides have made their arguments.

As for as Adil is concerned, I think he's a decent option for Test cricket.

As hussain.r97 said, if we had to go by stats than Hammad Azam should have been opening the bowling for us in Test cricket, but in truth he is quite a poor bowler, and is actually better with the bat but his domestic numbers will tell you otherwise.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Spot on.

I'm not saying domestic performance is not important, but it's certainly not the only means to judge a player. A player must be judged in every way possible before being selected. If we picked stat-gods in our team, then Fawad Alam would currently be our captain, and Hammad Azam would be opening the bowling with Sadaf Hussain, and Wahab, Asad, and Azhar would be nowhere in the picture.

I personally think Hammad he could have made a decent number 6 batsman, but he is a bit of a lost cause now because he hasn't made any progress in the last 3-4 years and wasn't given enough chances in spite of showing some clutch gene for Pakistan in the minimal chances that he got.

He won a tight match for the U-19 team vs India in the U-19 World Cup, steered us in the Asia Cup final, played a handy little knock under pressure vs England in a T20, weathered the storm in WI in an ODI in 2011 where we were like 3 down for nothing in difficult conditions and took us to a respectable total along with Misbah.

He has a cool head, but it is disappointing that skill-wise he has not made any progress in the last few years and perhaps has regressed.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally have no knowledge of the conditions in which Pakistan Domestic Cricket is played, but listening to Bazid Khan suggests that most pitches are under prepared. Meaning military medium bowlers get full capacity out of the pitch. For example Mir Hamza, whom we all thought would turn out to be a wonder of a bowler. As soon as he jumped out of the wilderness i.e played the PSL he was absolutely rubbish and this is the same Mir Hamza who averages 19 or so in FC cricket. Sadaf Hussain was selected on the tour to the West Indies where Waqar Younis was coach and I am sure the reason he has not been selected is that he is mediocre at best.
    Many of our international batsman have faced him, if he was anything special I am sure Misbah would have voiced his opinion the same way he did for Usman Khan Shinwari. There is a reason why all the captains disregard him in all competitions accept on FC where conditions are favourable to medium pacers.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslam&Khan View Post
    I personally have no knowledge of the conditions in which Pakistan Domestic Cricket is played, but listening to Bazid Khan suggests that most pitches are under prepared. Meaning military medium bowlers get full capacity out of the pitch. For example Mir Hamza, whom we all thought would turn out to be a wonder of a bowler. As soon as he jumped out of the wilderness i.e played the PSL he was absolutely rubbish and this is the same Mir Hamza who averages 19 or so in FC cricket. Sadaf Hussain was selected on the tour to the West Indies where Waqar Younis was coach and I am sure the reason he has not been selected is that he is mediocre at best.
    Many of our international batsman have faced him, if he was anything special I am sure Misbah would have voiced his opinion the same way he did for Usman Khan Shinwari. There is a reason why all the captains disregard him in all competitions accept on FC where conditions are favourable to medium pacers.
    Well said.