Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslam&Khan View Post
    I personally have no knowledge of the conditions in which Pakistan Domestic Cricket is played, but listening to Bazid Khan suggests that most pitches are under prepared. Meaning military medium bowlers get full capacity out of the pitch. For example Mir Hamza, whom we all thought would turn out to be a wonder of a bowler. As soon as he jumped out of the wilderness i.e played the PSL he was absolutely rubbish and this is the same Mir Hamza who averages 19 or so in FC cricket. Sadaf Hussain was selected on the tour to the West Indies where Waqar Younis was coach and I am sure the reason he has not been selected is that he is mediocre at best.
    Many of our international batsman have faced him, if he was anything special I am sure Misbah would have voiced his opinion the same way he did for Usman Khan Shinwari. There is a reason why all the captains disregard him in all competitions accept on FC where conditions are favourable to medium pacers.
    But none of those bowlers come close to averaging under 20 in both formats. While it maybe true that the first class pitches are awful, the ODI ones most bowlers don't even come a bit close to their first class stats. Sadaf however averages lower than his fc numbers.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am absolutely dumfounded as to why Sadaf Hussain isn't picked for literally anything. From Pakistan team, A team, PSL, this ODI cup

Have not seen him bowl personally, no idea how good or bad he is, but the numbers thrown around are quite good

Something wrong with the player, administrators, selectors, who?

Is everybody biased against him? Everybody?

What is going on?

Only God can judge me so I'm gone, either love me or leave me alone.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    How can a cricketer be so unprofessional?

If you are not getting into the team on the basis of your bowling, improve your batting and fielding. Don't forget, six years ago Steve Smith was a leg-spinner who could bat a bit. One year ago, Mitchell Santner was a batsman who could bowl a bit.

Two years ago I posted here that 8 of Sadaf's last nine innings had been ducks.

Two years on, here is what he has improved to:

1*
    2*
    2*
    1*

And let's not forget, 5 months ago he bowled in the same match on the same pitch as Amir, and didn't even look second best.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Of course my post is driven by the assumption that he is not very good by international standards. Based on social justice, he deserves a chance and like I said, this Sadaf mystery is getting tiresome now. I think people deserve to have the verdict either way.

It has been going on for years now and both sides have made their arguments.

As for as Adil is concerned, I think he's a decent option for Test cricket.

As hussain.r97 said, if we had to go by stats than Hammad Azam should have been opening the bowling for us in Test cricket, but in truth he is quite a poor bowler, and is actually better with the bat but his domestic numbers will tell you otherwise.
    Just have a look at Hammad's wickets per match and his List A bowling stats. Hammad is just a part time seamer in FC who is used sparingly.

Sadaf has been topping the charts in both List-A and FC and he should be playing among top-60-70 players. End of discussion

Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Spot on.

I'm not saying domestic performance is not important, but it's certainly not the only means to judge a player. A player must be judged in every way possible before being selected. If we picked stat-gods in our team, then Fawad Alam would currently be our captain, and Hammad Azam would be opening the bowling with Sadaf Hussain, and Wahab, Asad, and Azhar would be nowhere in the picture.
    Did you even check No of wickets per match taken by Hammad?

Did you see his terrible List-A stats as a bowler

and then you compare him to Sadaf and say he is not even among top 70 players in Pakistan

You said he doesnt deserve to play this tournament. To play in this tourney he doesnt have to be better than Wahab, Amir, Junaid etc. He has to better than Sadaif mehdi, Rumman raees, Adnan ghaus, Arsal sheikh etc. which he clearly is by performing so well for so many years on all pitches in PAkistan

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    By my reckoning, Pakistan already has three dangerous Test bowlers in

Mohammad Amir
    Wahab Riaz
    Yasir Shah

Sure, you need a fourth bowler to keep up the pressure.

But it strikes me that the dramatic thing about the bowlers I listed above is that they are all frankly Number 10 batsmen at Test level.

You don't have a vacancy for ANOTHER bowler who can't bat. You've got too many already.

You need to find a guy who can reliably bowl 12-15 over in a day in a Test match but who can also bat at number 8 and reliably average around 30 with the bat and last a guaranteed average of 60-70 balls per innings.

If you had a choice between adding to your current atatck with:

Dale Steyn who can average 14 with the bat
    Morne Morkel who can average 11 with the bat
    Vernon Philander who can average 25 with the bat

.........then what Pakistan needs is the guy who can average best with the bat, not the ball.

It is why Amad Butt and Aamer Yamin are really interesting at the moment. You can't pick another bowler who is a tailender with the bat. You've too many of them already.

When you tour Australia in 7 months, they will generally reduce you to 50-4 after 20 overs, but then the Kookaburra ball will stop moving about. You need your lower order to covert:

50-4 after 20 overs

into

290-8 after 80 overs.

You will be out of every Test you play if you don't score a minimum of 600 runs per Test. So you need your lower order to be capable of scoring 240 runs from the 60 overs with the old ball.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Poor guy must be Sad Af

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if he is not good , how does he top fc and one day every year in domestic and most importantly how did he get man of the series awards in Pakistan A tours bowling in places lije UAE tell me anyone

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    I am absolutely dumfounded as to why Sadaf Hussain isn't picked for literally anything. From Pakistan team, A team, PSL, this ODI cup

Have not seen him bowl personally, no idea how good or bad he is, but the numbers thrown around are quite good

Something wrong with the player, administrators, selectors, who?

Is everybody biased against him? Everybody?

What is going on?
    So true , Majority cannot be wrong in most cases. But this guy have lots of hype on social Media. I have seen post on his favor on political site as well. So this guy have strong social media team, i think his social media team now need to upload his bowling video as well

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    if he is not good , how does he top fc and one day every year in domestic and most importantly how did he get man of the series awards in Pakistan A tours bowling in places lije UAE tell me anyone
    How is it that NOBODY rates him? There must be something surely.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Legend Sadaf Huusain (if anyone haven't seen his bowling)

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    dont understand why he is not getting selected . PCB should answer this . if fitness is issue then how come Irfan gets selected ? seems a serious problem . PCB should be forced to give the reason

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim2Good View Post
    The Legend Sadaf Huusain (if anyone haven't seen his bowling)

@Red Devil

Seeing him play against "HBK" and then the first wicket being of Ahmed Shehzad just made me laugh #ImNotA....Boy

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i hope he is not like raffat ullah

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    811 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Saw someone comment on fb that he once had a quarrel with Shakeel Sheikh and he is still paying the price for it. Shakeel Sheikh IS associated with Northern Punjab region, the same as Sadaf so it is possible and makes perfect sense if true. But there is obviously no proof for it.
    Let's for the sake of argument agree that he is not an international level bowler and he only thrives on local pitches against domestic batsmen. But, this IS a tournament on a local pitch involving domestic players. So, regardless of what anyone thinks of his credentials in international cricket, he at least should have been selected for this tournament. And the argument that if all captain don't rate him, he is not good enough, is not valid. All captains did make some terrible picks. All captains, from Misbah to Sarfraz, did prefer players they are close to. So, this all is baffling to say the least.

You cannot ask us to take sides against arithmetic - Winston Churchill

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    811 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    i hope he is not like raffat ullah
    Rafat Ullah was never a consistent player even at domestic level

You cannot ask us to take sides against arithmetic - Winston Churchill

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    greatest news so far for him till now http://www.dawn.com/news/618995/left...s-aizaz-cheema

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    greatest news so far for him till now http://www.dawn.com/news/618995/left...s-aizaz-cheema
    For a moment I thought the article refers to current cup. Poor Sadaf, damn you Shakil Sheikh and other PCB cronies.

Ruining cricket literally. Waz was right

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://www.dawn.com/news/618997/sadaf-hussain

Guy does bowl a few beauties

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakar View Post
    Saw someone comment on fb that he once had a quarrel with Shakeel Sheikh and he is still paying the price for it. Shakeel Sheikh IS associated with Northern Punjab region, the same as Sadaf so it is possible and makes perfect sense if true. But there is obviously no proof for it.
    Let's for the sake of argument agree that he is not an international level bowler and he only thrives on local pitches against domestic batsmen. But, this IS a tournament on a local pitch involving domestic players. So, regardless of what anyone thinks of his credentials in international cricket, he at least should have been selected for this tournament. And the argument that if all captain don't rate him, he is not good enough, is not valid. All captains did make some terrible picks. All captains, from Misbah to Sarfraz, did prefer players they are close to. So, this all is baffling to say the least.
    Spot on.

We can argue about his international credentials, but he is a proven domestic performer and should be playing all domestic tournaments and for Pak-A

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is clear from the entire thread no one knows why Sadaf is not being selected despite having such good stats.

"No captain selects him so there must be something"
    "Waqar didn't select him when on West Indies tour"
    "His batting isn't great enough"
    "His fielding isn't great enough"
    "His attitude isn't great enough"

Someone needs to put this question across to someone in the know like Moin or Waqar and get a clear answer.

Because frankly, a bowler with 18 list A average, proven over several seasons in domestic cricket not being selected for a domestic ODI tournament needs investigation. Maybe there is one glaring issue we are ignoring. Or someone in PCB indeed has blocked him.

Without data, all we are doing is speculation.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets raise our voices for Sadaf Hussain

Let me start from here the first time sadaf got selected in pakistan side in 2011 after getting 64 wickets in quaid e azam trophy as a 20 year old ,didnt get a game and came back without playing
    http://www.dawn.com/news/618995/left...s-aizaz-cheema
    His statistics are one of the best in pakistan
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/India/co...er/392294.html
    he has been top wicket taker from 5 years , he topped one cup day cup wicket taker list this year and last year and he took those wickets on dead wickets of karachi
    Now talk about his performances for pakistan A i think has 2 or 3 man of the series and has got man of tge series bowling in UAE wickets
    one A series i remember is this 1
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...90;type=series
    http://www.samaa.tv/sports/2011/05/p...t-afghanistan/
    Mods please dont merge it is a serious issue if we all raise our voice on twitter im sure we will get a positive response , lets raise our voice of twitter telling different journalists , people like javid afridi who raised his voice for hassan mohsin and he got selected. #peoplepower

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is Javed Afridi now? Why nothing for this poor guy?

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you want to do that? Maybe Saj bhai can talk to a few journalists who sit on tv shows (Geo,ARY). That's the max we can do.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    @Red Devil

Seeing him play against "HBK" and then the first wicket being of Ahmed Shehzad just made me laugh #ImNotA....Boy

Lmao at HBK, what an epic typo.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a Dharna in front of PCB HQ in Lahore or Army's involvement can do the trick, nothing else.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes! yes! yes!
    guys its working javaid afridi just tweeted that he will look into sadaf's case as many people here are massaging me

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes! yes! yes!
    guys its working javaid afridi just tweeted that he will look into sadaf's case as many people here are massaging me
    That's great news! Hopefully we will for once see Sadaf on TV and see what he is all about.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Where is Javed Afridi now? Why nothing for this poor guy?
    Check javed afridi twitter he just wrote:
    "we've received many messages for sadaf hussain. Peshawar zalmi will assess his t20 credentials before next psl"
    Last edited by ataullah; 14th April 2016 at 16:52.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good on Javed afridi for supporting Pakistan cricket and the youngsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Javed Afridi we lovv you.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Pyongyang
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why not this 50 over cup?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i had messaged him too . he is only one who can make our voice hear .

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    He will NEVER make the grade unless he stops being such a disgrace with the bat and in the field.
    He can bat at #11 right?

And since when has fielding been a criteria for Pakistan selection?

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    He can bat at #11 right?

And since when has fielding been a criteria for Pakistan selection?
    Since we have Rahat Ali and Mohammed Irfan having sadaf replace one of these will make Pakistan weaker in fielding an lengthen Pakistan already weak tail..junaids logic

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every province needs a Javed Afridi, no need for the useless PCB.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The pcb should hold a 5 match series between the pakistan team that is selected vs the top performers of the domestic tournaments.
    Should show where are team and selectors stand .

Sent from my SM-G925I

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Respect for Javed.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    He is not quick enough, you dont select him for national team

Now you dont select him even for top domestic tournaments

IMO he should move away from PAkistan and focus on league cricket and try to get settled in UK.
    Has he been good enough, would have been picked. You can blame selectors for not selecting him in regional or national teams but professional teams like in PSL, pick players on merit , simply for financial reasons. He is simply not good enough, stop complaining.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pace90 View Post
    Has he been good enough, would have been picked. You can blame selectors for not selecting him in regional or national teams but professional teams like in PSL, pick players on merit , simply for financial reasons. He is simply not good enough, stop complaining.
    Is this tournament PSL?

He has performed on all pitches against all sides domestically. I will keep on complaining on this injustice whether people like it or not

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    yes! yes! yes!
    Respect for him

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Since we have Rahat Ali and Mohammed Irfan having sadaf replace one of these will make Pakistan weaker in fielding an lengthen Pakistan already weak tail..junaids logic
    You are going off topic. We are only debating his shocking absence from PAkistan Cup.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    That's great news! Hopefully we will for once see Sadaf on TV and see what he is all about.
    ACtually I have seen him on TV and he is a very decent bowler and IMO myth about his pace is wrong he could be bowling 82-85 mph with swing

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even though I think he should been selected for domestic tournament atleast.
    but for National call, if you look in recent past the bowlers who have been given national cap, haven't done anything special at international stage as compared to their domestic record
    Rahat Ali : 60 matches : Avg of 23.59 : Wickets : 217
    International avg so far : 14 Matches : with avg of 36

Ehsan Adil : 36 Matches : Avg of 20 : Wickets : 159
    International avg so far : 3 Matches : With avg of 52

Imran Khan
    Matches : 72 Wickets : 277 Avg : 22.60
    Decent start so far to international as compared to others
    Matches 7 : Wickets : 20 with avg of 28

it might have given indication to selector to look out for real "break out" star in bowling or keep out giving a bit of chance to others here n there to see what they are capable of.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sadaf Hussain :

" Wherever I get an opportunity I perform better than everyone else. But when it comes time for major events, tournaments that will be shown on TV and will have the selectors taking notice, I am deliberately excluded from that. They think they can do whatever they want, as long as they keep the public unaware. "

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were Fawad Alam or Sadaf Hussein, i would already be looking to do an Imran tahir - I would have more respect for them if they left the country and applied their trade elsewhere - we don't know if either can make it at the international level but they have done multiple fold the amount needed to be given a chance - I think that's very fair and for their own sakes I would hope they play for another country.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I heard sadaf had a argument with Shakeel Sheikh in his earlier days thats why he doesn't get picked for the tournament's on tv

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should have been picked for the Pakistan cup, good that javed afridi might give him a chance in PSL. It will give us an idea of weather he's good enough or not

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Aamir skips Pak Cup for fitness reasons then Sadaf could get in. Let's see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post

bro you do understand that sadaf hussain is not a t20 bowler. He is an odi and a test bowler. Infact test cricket suits him the most

Imagine he botches it up at t20s and his haters storm this thread saying "see! we told you that he is garbage"

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    If I were Fawad Alam or Sadaf Hussein, i would already be looking to do an Imran tahir - I would have more respect for them if they left the country and applied their trade elsewhere - we don't know if either can make it at the international level but they have done multiple fold the amount needed to be given a chance - I think that's very fair and for their own sakes I would hope they play for another country.
    The thing is, Imran Tahir was gold for South Africa. A leg spinner is a rare commodity in countries other than those in the subcontinent. Sadaf and Fawad could try that, but I'm not sure that would benefit them too much. A better option would be to look for an alternative career.

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacesensation View Post
    bro you do understand that sadaf hussain is not a t20 bowler. He is an odi and a test bowler. Infact test cricket suits him the most

Imagine he botches it up at t20s and his haters storm this thread saying "see! we told you that he is garbage"
    Has a pretty good ODI record. Any exposure is good enough for Sadaf at this point of time. I have seen him throwing decent yorkers at will, so I don't think he will do more poorly than Rahat Ali.

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfandyar View Post
    The thing is, Imran Tahir was gold for South Africa. A leg spinner is a rare commodity in countries other than those in the subcontinent. Sadaf and Fawad could try that, but I'm not sure that would benefit them too much. A better option would be to look for an alternative career.
    I don't know - guys like Azhar Mahmood and Yasmin Arafat made very respectable careers for themselves in the county cricket world - it's a bit harsh to ask people at the top of their game to give up on it in my opinion.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I think at this point there must be something wrong with Sadaf so the selectors are putting him off.

All the promising youngsters over the years who had the numbers made it to international cricket. Now them hanging around, was up to them.

Haris Sohail- Dominated domestic circuit: Got a spot in the team, entire management/selectors agreed to him being vital.

Sohaib Maqsood- Was averaging 50+ in List-A in the entire 1-2 seasons: Got a spot in the team, lost it after consecutive failures

Babar Azam- Earmarked for greatness since U19 days, and averaging 45+ in List-A: Got a spot in the team

Sharjeel Khan- Averaged 50+ in List-A followed by 2nd highest scorer in PSL: Got a spot in ODIs, then lost it due to poor form, now set to regain it. Regained spot in t20s.

So pretty much all the big superstars who deserved spots and performed over at least 2-5 years, have gotten their shot, despite our selectors being dim but not dim enough.

Something must be missing in Sadaf for him to be sidelined again and again.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post

Something must be missing in Sadaf for him to be sidelined again and again.

I dont think he is anything special, but he has been treated harshly. The simple reasons is this. He got onto the wrong side of Shakil Shiek.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who is this guy?

I've seen his name mentioned a lot around here.

Is he the greatest Pakistani player who never played?

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Who is this guy?

HE's one of the greatest bowlers ever in History of FC cricket, but Sadly selectors dont give weight to his performances due to some reason.

Just check his profile on cricinfo and you would be amazed how this guy doesnt even got selected for Pak-Cup

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who is this guy?

If you were to go by ppers, he's the next coming of Marshall.

However, it's strange that coaches/selectors don't rate him.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shakeel Sheikh has some issues with him. Sad state of affairs these are.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    If you were to go by ppers, he's the next coming of Marshall.

However, it's strange that coaches/selectors don't rate him.
    Really?

I am yet to read a post overrating Sadaf. Even guys like me who back him only want justice to be served and just want him to get his chance. He deserves to play tournaments like PAkistan-Cup and get selected for A-tours if not national team.

There are many players who are domestic legends and poor internationally, and Sadaf might be one of them but atleast give him what he deserves.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    Shakeel Sheikh has some issues with him. Sad state of affairs these are.
    Who is this Shakeel Sheikh? I've never heard of him.

Can a complete nobody like this veto the selection of a player? Good grief, it boggles the mind.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I have never read a single post suggesting directly or even indirectly that he is the 2nd coming of Marshall's.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Can a complete nobody like this veto the selection of a player? Good grief, it boggles the mind.
    He is the Regional head of Islamabad + Part-time Journalist + PCB's board of governing member and according to many he is close with Najam Sethi and is growing in power with every passing year.

He is the same guy who called Misbah a geedar (jackel).

Last edited by aukhan; 26th April 2016 at 10:08.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

HE has significant power. He got his Son selected in the recent Pak-Cup draft even though Misbah didnt want it.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this thread; can someone ask Sheharyar or someone else why this Shakeel Sheigh fool acquiring so much power in PCB without ever having played at any decent level?

I mean on what basis this munshie looking simpleton given so much importance, he probably has connections with some politician besides Sethi...I wish him the worst of luck in all his dealings regarding cricket
    Last edited by #GreenRoars; 26th April 2016 at 15:47.

Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop bringing his name unless he improves his game, period.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    No man's land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pace90 View Post
    Stop bringing his name unless he improves his game, period.
    Don't make him sound like TTF. To prove himself, he needs a chance in domestic tournaments like Pakistan Cup and A-tours.

He could be next Rifatullah Mohmand, but if all these clowns can get a chance then why not Sadaf?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like @asyed suggested above, Sadaf has to get a chance to play in these National tournaments like Pakistan Cup or better for Pak team to show case that he is indeed as good as his stats suggest!

Or it could totally go the other way, but having that chance is the main thing. What gets me is all these posters that suggest Sadaf should improve his game, without ever having seen him in live match conditions, it's like WTH?

And this despite the latest confirmation that Shakeel Munshie Sahb Sheikh has been the driving force to ensure Sadaf never gets picked...no wonder we keep electing same corrupt officials because we cannot decipher any info that is readily available to us to make an informed choice and demand a better alternative. Be it sports, politics or anything else
    Last edited by Monsee; 26th April 2016 at 16:29.

Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    burning his kit can do wonders

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Give him a chance in an A tour at least. I can't understand how he can't even get one game loooool.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Who is this guy?

Check his domestic record
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...er/392294.html

I don't care what his bowling speed is or how bad our batsmen are at the domestic level, a guy with numbers like these deserves some sort of a chance to perform at a higher level. However, this guy couldn't even make the list of three hundreds players that were available at the PSL draft, let alone getting selected for Pakistan. And the reason for that is a certain PCB official who has some kind of a beef with Sadaf, and that is why he gets a lot of sympathy from the fans.

Again, he might turn out to be a mediocre trundler who just bullies domestic batsmen, but it's unfair not to give him a chance after he's performed so well and so consistently.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Check his domestic record
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...er/392294.html

I don't care what his bowling speed is or how bad our batsmen are at the domestic level, a guy with numbers like these deserves some sort of a chance to perform at a higher level. However, this guy couldn't even make the list of three hundreds players that were available at the PSL draft, let alone getting selected for Pakistan. And the reason for that is a certain PCB official who has some kind of a beef with Sadaf, and that is why he gets a lot of sympathy from the fans.

Again, he might turn out to be a mediocre trundler who just bullies domestic batsmen, but it's unfair not to give him a chance after he's performed so well and so consistently.
    like someone implied, he is in bad books of someone very influential of pcb.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There's a article written by Ahmer Naqvi mentioning how Sadaf is being continuously overlooked after a altercation with a corrupted powerful PCB official.

Just how powerful is this Shakeel Sheikh

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Well.

For all of you who believe that Sadaf Hussain has poor fitness and low speed hence he is ignored must look at Rumman Raees.

Just like Sadaf Hussain Rumman Raees is also medium fast bowler who operate between 126 to 133 kph whereas Sadaf Hussain operates between 128 to 136 kph.

Wrt fitness Rumman is physically more strong but he carries a belly and gets injured much more often than Sadaf does and wrt domestic performances Sadaf is far far superior than Rumman but in the last 6 years we have only seen Sadaf bowl once in a domestic match telecaster live whereas we have seen Rumann atleast 30 times.

Those who say that Sadaf is not a T20 bowler should know that he has a brilliant List A record where he bowls at death overs and he bowls decent yorkers, slower bouncers & slower balls. Furthermore he is contracted with SSGC department aswell and he plays departmental T20 cricket tournament in Ramazan which is an unofficial tournament but still he plays that.

To all the new members of PP or members who are in their teens I want to convey one thing.

A medium fast bowler having 5' 4 to 5'10 height is not comparable with a medium fast bowler who is 6'4 in height.

If both are accurate and can swing the ball than 6'4 heighted bowler will be more effective due to the advantage of height (bounce)

Take example of Aamer Yamin and Mohammad Asif. Asif used to bowl mostly in good length areas in corridor of uncertainty. Even if Aamer Yamin can seam or swing or seam+swing the ball like Asif he won't be as effective as Asif since he won't generate the bounce from that length and will be more easier to manage on the front foot than for instance Pieterson had troubles against Asif.

So do not underestimate the 6'4 height of Sadaf Hussain with him being medium fast.

Now whenever he gets chance inshaAllah the only hugeeeeeeeeee problem he will be facing would be immense pressure to perform because of all which has selectively happened with 1 player in last 4 years. And when you reach Fc & List A cricket on merit than 60 % game is played in the mind. If he will control his mind than he will perform. But should be given atleast 2,3 games not 1.

I wish & pray that somehow he gets selected for Pakistan A four day matches for England tour and I am sure that if he plays 2 matches only 2 and stays fit than he will perform so Good that sekectors will be forced to select him for the extended 18-19 membered test squad.

Last time he played for Pakistan A was 2-3 years ago against Srilanka A probably in UAE and he took 8 wickets in 3 List A matches.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rashid Latif :

" Since last 2 years he is the top list A bowler and nobody is talking about him "

" Legend Pakistan captains are not picking him isn't it a crime ? "

Dr Nauman Niaz :

" He has taken 450 wickets and you aren't considering him. "

Rashid Latif :

" He is averaging 17,18 in both formats how can you ignore him ? "

Dr Nauman Niaz :

" They say we called him for fitness test and he got unconscious ".

" He is the top wicket taker consistently taking wickets if he is not fit than shutdown the domestic cricket altogether "

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Rashid Latif :

" Since last 2 years he is the top list A bowler and nobody is talking about him "

Dr Nauman Niaz :

Rashid Latif :

Dr Nauman Niaz :

" He is the top wicket taker consistently taking wickets if he is not fit than shutdown the domestic cricket altogether "
    when did they said those words?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashid Latif :

Dr Nauman Niaz :

Rashid Latif :

Dr Nauman Niaz :

just saw on ptv sports rashid latif and nauman niaz

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well.

For all of you who believe that Sadaf Hussain has poor fitness and low speed hence he is ignored must look at Rumman Raees.

Just like Sadaf Hussain Rumman Raees is also medium fast bowler who operate between 126 to 133 kph whereas Sadaf Hussain operates between 128 to 136 kph.

Wrt fitness Rumman is physically more strong but he carries a belly and gets injured much more often than Sadaf does and wrt domestic performances Sadaf is far far superior than Rumman but in the last 6 years we have only seen Sadaf bowl once in a domestic match telecaster live whereas we have seen Rumann atleast 30 times.

Those who say that Sadaf is not a T20 bowler should know that he has a brilliant List A record where he bowls at death overs and he bowls decent yorkers, slower bouncers & slower balls. Furthermore he is contracted with SSGC department aswell and he plays departmental T20 cricket tournament in Ramazan which is an unofficial tournament but still he plays that.

To all the new members of PP or members who are in their teens I want to convey one thing.

A medium fast bowler having 5' 4 to 5'10 height is not comparable with a medium fast bowler who is 6'4 in height.

If both are accurate and can swing the ball than 6'4 heighted bowler will be more effective due to the advantage of height (bounce)

Take example of Aamer Yamin and Mohammad Asif. Asif used to bowl mostly in good length areas in corridor of uncertainty. Even if Aamer Yamin can seam or swing or seam+swing the ball like Asif he won't be as effective as Asif since he won't generate the bounce from that length and will be more easier to manage on the front foot than for instance Pieterson had troubles against Asif.

So do not underestimate the 6'4 height of Sadaf Hussain with him being medium fast.

Now whenever he gets chance inshaAllah the only hugeeeeeeeeee problem he will be facing would be immense pressure to perform because of all which has selectively happened with 1 player in last 4 years. And when you reach Fc & List A cricket on merit than 60 % game is played in the mind. If he will control his mind than he will perform. But should be given atleast 2,3 games not 1.

I wish & pray that somehow he gets selected for Pakistan A four day matches for England tour and I am sure that if he plays 2 matches only 2 and stays fit than he will perform so Good that sekectors will be forced to select him for the extended 18-19 membered test squad.

Last time he played for Pakistan A was 2-3 years ago against Srilanka A probably in UAE and he took 8 wickets in 3 List A matches.
    I really hope SAdaf makes it to Pak-A squad to England.

He can make his own fate if he gets a chance.