Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 263
  1. #161
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now he should work on his fitness , As rashid and Dr. Nouman mentioned his name after post match analysis, soon he will be call for fitness test and after that for Pakistan team as well.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,360
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hope we get a chance to see how bad/good he is - domestic stats don't mean much.

    So hoping he gets picked for a televised game and we could end this mystery.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  3. #163
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    34,324
    Mentioned
    2018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)



    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  4. #164
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I hope we get a chance to see how bad/good he is - domestic stats don't mean much.

    So hoping he gets picked for a televised game and we could end this mystery.
    He's already played a televised game; looked more than fine. What struck most people was the bounce and control. But I think your post is very symptomatic of something that Ahmer Naqvi brought up in his last post on cricinfo. TV plays bad tricks on selection more often than not. Someone does well on TV, like Shinwari, and gets selected without any stats to back them up. Do you really believe that we can gauge a player by a one off appearance in front of cameras, rather than their performances over many months and years? My hunch is that TV appearance are persuasive for rather more fuzzy reasons. The players becomes 'real' to the public; gives them a mental image, a kind of movement, to invest in. It was so spot on, this post a few days ago which suggested that Sadaf may not in fact exist; apologies I can't remember who wrote it...

  5. #165
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,187
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If Sadaf is not playing Club cricket in UK than this is the ideal time to work on his fitness further.

    If he improves his physical fitness further by strengthening his lower body and improving his biceps and triceps than he can still become fast medium bowler.

    Mohammad Akram cannot help him at all in this regard.

    For that the ideal persons are Mudassar Nazar, Mushtaq Ahmed and Yasir at NCA. ESPECIALLY
    specially Yasir who is trainer at NCA.


    Fast medium Sadaf Hussain would be picked by Peshawar Zalmi for PSL.


    Currently he operates between 128-136kph but still should be considered for domestic T20's, Pentangular Cup, Pakistan Cup and Pakistan A. Still he can be deadly on green Dubai wicket, Kandy, South Africa & England in test & odi cricket. But when he will become 132-140 kph bowler than he will improve further.


    Javed Afridi deserves appreciation. May Allah bless him.

  6. #166
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    7,676
    Mentioned
    439 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Finally !!!! Finally !!!!

    Someone from the top tier is taking notice of Sadaf I just hope Javed Afridi is sincere in what he's claiming here to be and not some media stunt to score points with the aware online cricket community.

    This guy seriously deserves a chance at the top level.

  7. #167
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,349
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Javed.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  8. #168
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    670
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    If Sadaf is not playing Club cricket in UK than this is the ideal time to work on his fitness further.

    If he improves his physical fitness further by strengthening his lower body and improving his biceps and triceps than he can still become fast medium bowler.

    Mohammad Akram cannot help him at all in this regard.

    For that the ideal persons are Mudassar Nazar, Mushtaq Ahmed and Yasir at NCA. ESPECIALLY
    specially Yasir who is trainer at NCA.


    Fast medium Sadaf Hussain would be picked by Peshawar Zalmi for PSL.


    Currently he operates between 128-136kph but still should be considered for domestic T20's, Pentangular Cup, Pakistan Cup and Pakistan A. Still he can be deadly on green Dubai wicket, Kandy, South Africa & England in test & odi cricket. But when he will become 132-140 kph bowler than he will improve further.


    Javed Afridi deserves appreciation. May Allah bless him.
    He's supposed to be playing now for Bagnall Norton Cc.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    6,282
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The thing with Sadaf is that his batting is abysmal. I'm not saying that he should become an allrounder but he looks terrible for a number 11, he should at least be able to defend properly and be able to last long at the crease and maybe look to squeeze some runs out. I've heard his fitness levels were poor and his fielding isn't up to scratch, his bowling speed needs to get cranked up. IF he works on these things then I don't see why he can't earn a spot in the national team.

  10. #170
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    If Sadaf is not playing Club cricket in UK than this is the ideal time to work on his fitness further.

    If he improves his physical fitness further by strengthening his lower body and improving his biceps and triceps than he can still become fast medium bowler.

    Mohammad Akram cannot help him at all in this regard.

    For that the ideal persons are Mudassar Nazar, Mushtaq Ahmed and Yasir at NCA. ESPECIALLY
    specially Yasir who is trainer at NCA.


    Fast medium Sadaf Hussain would be picked by Peshawar Zalmi for PSL.


    Currently he operates between 128-136kph but still should be considered for domestic T20's, Pentangular Cup, Pakistan Cup and Pakistan A. Still he can be deadly on green Dubai wicket, Kandy, South Africa & England in test & odi cricket. But when he will become 132-140 kph bowler than he will improve further.


    Javed Afridi deserves appreciation. May Allah bless him.
    I know your post is coming from a good place, but his fitness really is just an excuse. He is plenty
    good and fit enough to warrant selection already. Got nothing left to prove in domestics, or A
    tours. Just give him a try already.

  11. #171
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,187
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    I know your post is coming from a good place, but his fitness really is just an excuse. He is plenty
    good and fit enough to warrant selection already. Got nothing left to prove in domestics, or A
    tours. Just give him a try already.
    Last season his fitness improved.

    Saw it live in the match he played.

    Further improvement will help further.

    I wish he would have gone to England with A team. Those wickets suit him the most.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  12. #172
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    The thing with Sadaf is that his batting is abysmal. I'm not saying that he should become an allrounder but he looks terrible for a number 11, he should at least be able to defend properly and be able to last long at the crease and maybe look to squeeze some runs out. I've heard his fitness levels were poor and his fielding isn't up to scratch, his bowling speed needs to get cranked up. IF he works on these things then I don't see why he can't earn a spot in the national team.
    A barrel or recycled red herrings. As a bowler he is good enough three times over.
    It would surely be an added bonus if he became the next Kallis. But he doesn't look
    worse than Irfan or Rahat or Sami with the bat or in the field. Others have made
    these points already, over and over again. And still the same rubbish excuses get
    trotted out.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Last season his fitness improved.

    Saw it live in the match he played.

    Further improvement will help further.

    I wish he would have gone to England with A team. Those wickets suit him the most.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Really? It will make Shakeel Sheikh bury his grudge?

  14. #174
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,187
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    Really? It will make Shakeel Sheikh bury his grudge?
    Yaar uska naam matt lou. I feel like.......................

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  15. #175
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    If Sadaf is not playing Club cricket in UK than this is the ideal time to work on his fitness further.

    If he improves his physical fitness further by strengthening his lower body and improving his biceps and triceps than he can still become fast medium bowler.

    Mohammad Akram cannot help him at all in this regard.

    For that the ideal persons are Mudassar Nazar, Mushtaq Ahmed and Yasir at NCA. ESPECIALLY
    specially Yasir who is trainer at NCA.


    Fast medium Sadaf Hussain would be picked by Peshawar Zalmi for PSL.


    Currently he operates between 128-136kph but still should be considered for domestic T20's, Pentangular Cup, Pakistan Cup and Pakistan A. Still he can be deadly on green Dubai wicket, Kandy, South Africa & England in test & odi cricket. But when he will become 132-140 kph bowler than he will improve further.


    Javed Afridi deserves appreciation. May Allah bless him.
    I don't disagree that those wickets will favor him; they will favor most fast bowlers. But you're wrong to
    pin him as some kind of horses for courses option. His stats are uniformly good across Pakistan, Karachi
    as much as Pindi.

  16. #176
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Bracknell, UK
    Runs
    1,183
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of arm-chair critics of selection committee need to understand that if you are a good talent, no matter what sort of selection committee you have, you will come out as a special talent.

    If you have a bowler bowling at 95 MPH, in most cases, he would be breaking batsmen's toes, and will get noticed. The only problem with our system is that we are not able to polish decent talents into a supreme talent.

    Case in point, Muhammad Asif, who was picked despite having average pace, but outstanding bowling meant he got noticed.

    Politics is a problem in our system, but not as bad as it is made out to be. If you are special and hard working talent, nobody can stop you.


    The more you complain, the longer God makes you live.

  17. #177
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    25,630
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^Evidentally you are wrong as Shakeel Sheikh has proved it by blocking Sadaf's selection or even consideration for selection by selectors.

    If a fast bowler is unfit yet bowling 15-20 overs daily in domestic matches and leading the charts, there has to be some chance given to him at some level, any level?

    And if Sadaf is so unfit then why he does not get injured every time he bowls all these overs?

    Finally if he is so unfit then what do you call Tanvir Ahmed who even played for Paksitan despite having a pretty big tummy which is a huge no no for a fast bowler; we also saw how unfit and lethargic Akhtar looked at various stages of his career, he was rarely dropped on that charge?


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  18. #178
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    25,630
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the question in OP: I would advise Sadaf to be as fit as possible and having good numbers in the league when Pakistan visits England....that is all he needs to do.

    You ask why? Well we know the history of our fast bowlers and how they start falling apart and breaking down especially in away tours. There is every chance that it happens again and then if a test is coming up and no one to replace the bowler, there is a decent chance that Sadaf gets called up to the team. Rest is all in Allah's hands but Sadaf has to give himself that chance, his only chance by being in England, being fit, and performing at his best at that time!


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  19. #179
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    1,695
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one asked Inzamam a question about Sadaf in the press conference. A daily press conference by Shahryar - yet no questions about Sadaf are asked.

    We need Pakpassion reps to go and grill the PCB - since no one else gives a toss.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aabbasi View Post
    I think a lot of arm-chair critics of selection committee need to understand that if you are a good talent, no matter what sort of selection committee you have, you will come out as a special talent.

    If you have a bowler bowling at 95 MPH, in most cases, he would be breaking batsmen's toes, and will get noticed. The only problem with our system is that we are not able to polish decent talents into a supreme talent.

    Case in point, Muhammad Asif, who was picked despite having average pace, but outstanding bowling meant he got noticed.

    Politics is a problem in our system, but not as bad as it is made out to be. If you are special and hard working talent, nobody can stop you.
    Because Donal Trump says so? I don't quite know what 'special' is supposed to mean. The second coming of Akram? But, taking Sadaf and Fawad as examples, I would say that the lowest Ave and SR / highest batting Ave in domestic competitions, is plenty good enough to merit selection. A system that does not take itself seriously is by definition a failing system.

  21. #181
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    12,492
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Is he really that good?

    Posts at PP regarding PAK players sometimes a bit misleading, but his stats are outstanding. Last couple of bowlers with similar domestic stats were Asad Ali & Sohail Khan - Asad was a failure, but Sohail indeed proved his worth & may be under a better team management, could have a decent career. At 25/26, sometimes in 2009-10, he was deceptively quick & could reverse the ball.

    Sadaf's stats are consistently outstanding for over half a decade now & he is performing in UK leagues as well. Problem is PAK domestic stats are often misleading while in UK, standard of every league is not that good. I haven't read anything regarding him from "horses mouth" - any coach, scouts, fellow player or agent. Is there any interview/comment for reliable player who actually has played against him? Asad, Azhar, MoHa, Malik, Sarfraz, Babar .....?

    There must be some reason that hardly anyone even recognizes a bowler, whose stats are similar to 19th century bowlers.

  22. #182
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,360
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Is he really that good?

    Posts at PP regarding PAK players sometimes a bit misleading, but his stats are outstanding. Last couple of bowlers with similar domestic stats were Asad Ali & Sohail Khan - Asad was a failure, but Sohail indeed proved his worth & may be under a better team management, could have a decent career. At 25/26, sometimes in 2009-10, he was deceptively quick & could reverse the ball.

    Sadaf's stats are consistently outstanding for over half a decade now & he is performing in UK leagues as well. Problem is PAK domestic stats are often misleading while in UK, standard of every league is not that good. I haven't read anything regarding him from "horses mouth" - any coach, scouts, fellow player or agent. Is there any interview/comment for reliable player who actually has played against him? Asad, Azhar, MoHa, Malik, Sarfraz, Babar .....?

    There must be some reason that hardly anyone even recognizes a bowler, whose stats are similar to 19th century bowlers.
    No word from anyone credible I believe.

    I'm also skeptical about his real ability because of Asad Ali factor .

    Asad Ali was hyped to the moon on this very forum because of his Marshall esque domestic stats. Probably the best in our history. I remember how everyone was going gaga over him when Pak toured Ireland and he played. They hadn't even seen him play.

    But when he did play a proper match under cameras, or many matches in fact, we all got to know how mediocre he is. A Indian-level trundling machine.

    Sadaf Hussain has the same skill set and pace as Asad Ali. Both are slow trundlers and can hardly move the kookaburra ball.

    Even if they can, they'll probably be Bhuvneshwar Kumar type.

    That's why I'm not expecting too much but you can't make the statiaticians and spreadsheet fans understand that .


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    36,342
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    No word from anyone credible I believe.

    I'm also skeptical about his real ability because of Asad Ali factor .

    Asad Ali was hyped to the moon on this very forum because of his Marshall esque domestic stats. Probably the best in our history. I remember how everyone was going gaga over him when Pak toured Ireland and he played. They hadn't even seen him play.

    But when he did play a proper match under cameras, or many matches in fact, we all got to know how mediocre he is. A Indian-level trundling machine.

    Sadaf Hussain has the same skill set and pace as Asad Ali. Both are slow trundlers and can hardly move the kookaburra ball.

    Even if they can, they'll probably be Bhuvneshwar Kumar type.

    That's why I'm not expecting too much but you can't make the statiaticians and spreadsheet fans understand that .
    The thing is he is getting truckload of wickets in the same domestic system where others perform and get a chance , he should at least be given a chance to fail. He should not die wondering. On merit he deserves a chance , when guys like shakil ansar , usman shinwari and bilal asif ended up playing for Pakistan why not sadaf hussain.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  24. #184
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    2,193
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The same old rhetoric of "can't move Kookaburra ball". Ended up highest wicket taker in ODI gold cup last year by some margin. Can't move the ball, doesn't have pace. Maybe does some jaadu toona on the ball to get wickets.


    You cannot ask us to take sides against arithmetic - Winston Churchill

  25. #185
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    10,842
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakar View Post
    The same old rhetoric of "can't move Kookaburra ball". Ended up highest wicket taker in ODI gold cup last year by some margin. Can't move the ball, doesn't have pace. Maybe does some jaadu toona on the ball to get wickets.
    haha, agreed. people talk like we have marshalls and lillees hidden in domestic system so okay to keep this guy out.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,802
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Marriage.

    A damaad of someone in a pretty strong position in PCB.


    'Catch my ball if you can' - Muhammad Amir

  27. #187
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    8,807
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's quite funny how majority of the posters who claim that Sadaf fainted during a fitness test - or lacks match fitness - or is a awful batsmen at #11; have never seen him play enough to compile a 2 page report on the player.

    Many of these so called 'expert analysis' are based on media reports - only 2-3 posters on PP have watched Sadaf well enough before he was even recognised by the media through his performances and only these posters know the domestic inside out/ and have the channels/time to watch domestic - since they live local.

    These posters are @b.lesner and @TalentSpotterPk
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 8th May 2016 at 22:36.


    Alexis Sanchez. Theo Walcott. Azhar Ali. Haris Sohail. Fawad Alam. Orochimaru.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    No word from anyone credible I believe.

    I'm also skeptical about his real ability because of Asad Ali factor .

    Asad Ali was hyped to the moon on this very forum because of his Marshall esque domestic stats. Probably the best in our history. I remember how everyone was going gaga over him when Pak toured Ireland and he played. They hadn't even seen him play.

    But when he did play a proper match under cameras, or many matches in fact, we all got to know how mediocre he is. A Indian-level trundling machine.

    Sadaf Hussain has the same skill set and pace as Asad Ali. Both are slow trundlers and can hardly move the kookaburra ball.

    Even if they can, they'll probably be Bhuvneshwar Kumar type.

    That's why I'm not expecting too much but you can't make the statiaticians and spreadsheet fans understand that .
    yeah, people who argue on the basis of evidence find it very difficult to understand people who don't.

    because you realize this what you don't have, right? no information, evidence, any clue really.

    what part of powerful PCB official has it in for him do you not understand?

    and how on earth can anyone know a player's real ability until they have been tested. only the future can tell, it is as simple as that.
    Last edited by New Yorker; 10th May 2016 at 14:43.

  29. #189
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    No word from anyone credible I believe.

    I'm also skeptical about his real ability because of Asad Ali factor .

    Asad Ali was hyped to the moon on this very forum because of his Marshall esque domestic stats. Probably the best in our history. I remember how everyone was going gaga over him when Pak toured Ireland and he played. They hadn't even seen him play.

    But when he did play a proper match under cameras, or many matches in fact, we all got to know how mediocre he is. A Indian-level trundling machine.

    Sadaf Hussain has the same skill set and pace as Asad Ali. Both are slow trundlers and can hardly move the kookaburra ball.

    Even if they can, they'll probably be Bhuvneshwar Kumar type.

    That's why I'm not expecting too much but you can't make the statiaticians and spreadsheet fans understand that .
    You do know that he was selected, by selectors, for several A tours, and sent as backup on national
    team tour to the Windies? Maybe these selectors didn't take a look at who they were selecting. In which
    case they have shown themselves to be manifestly unreliable, and should not be taken at their word
    then or now. Or they did take a look, liked what they saw, but then other considerations prevailed. At
    any rate, the idea that no one has rated him is pure rubbish.

  30. #190
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    No word from anyone credible I believe.

    I'm also skeptical about his real ability because of Asad Ali factor .

    Asad Ali was hyped to the moon on this very forum because of his Marshall esque domestic stats. Probably the best in our history. I remember how everyone was going gaga over him when Pak toured Ireland and he played. They hadn't even seen him play.

    But when he did play a proper match under cameras, or many matches in fact, we all got to know how mediocre he is. A Indian-level trundling machine.

    Sadaf Hussain has the same skill set and pace as Asad Ali. Both are slow trundlers and can hardly move the kookaburra ball.

    Even if they can, they'll probably be Bhuvneshwar Kumar type.

    That's why I'm not expecting too much but you can't make the statiaticians and spreadsheet fans understand that .
    He also has the same skill set and pace as Mohammed Asif and Glenn McGrath.

    What an awful non argument. Just completely pointless.

  31. #191
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    34,324
    Mentioned
    2018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    He also has the same skill set and pace as Mohammed Asif and Glenn McGrath.

    What an awful non argument. Just completely pointless.
    Same skill set as Asif and MacG???


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  32. #192
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And after moving abroad, he will rip the Pakistani batting line up apart.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,360
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    He also has the same skill set and pace as Mohammed Asif and Glenn McGrath.

    What an awful non argument. Just completely pointless.
    Sorry bro, that went a bit too far.

    Asad Ali had the same skill set as Asif and McGrath?

    Or you mean B Kumar had the same skillset as McGrath or Asif?

    Not every trundler is an Asif.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  34. #194
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,187
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Please Note the " Average " fitness levels of Imran Khan & Rahat Ali.

    Barely Passing Fitness test.


    Rules should be same for all.

  35. #195
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    7,863
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Please Note the " Average " fitness levels of Imran Khan & Rahat Ali.

    Barely Passing Fitness test.


    Rules should be same for all.
    I agree.

  36. #196
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throw a tantrum on media

  37. #197
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    12,492
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is what I thought PP can do - ask senior players, who have played against him - Asad, Azhar, YK, Misbah, Sarfraz, MoHa, Malik ...... on his performance/stats, then follow-up it with critical questions. If they don't rate him, fair enough; but then, they should explain why he has almost Syd Barnes like stats in domestics for 5/6 years. If they rate him, then the question should be why he is not picked even for A side or PSL/PAK Cup? - 3/4 of the players listed were in charge of PSL/PAK Cup teams, can't avoid answering. AND, if none of them has played against him to that amount that, they can't recall, probably then, the mystery will be solved on it's own.

    Only team he was part of, Captain/Coach didn't play him even in a dead rubber - therefore Afridi & WY also needs to be asked - why this guy was picked & not given a match over 5 ODI, when he was in sweeter half of 20s; or if he is not good at nets, why he was picked for such a serious tour of WI? It's clear that, selectors don't rate him - none of those who have seen him playing, neither those who have seen only his stats.

    I know, stats in PAK domestic is unreliable, but bowling stats are relatively reliable than batting stats. Besides, whichever ball is being used, this guy is out performing regular Internationals hands down in both formats. At ~6'4" & in his mid 20s, for last 4/5 years he had everything to be tried out, at least even for Test series against BD or ZIM, A Series. Besides, if Rahat, Irfan can play in both formats, fitness/fielding or batting capability shouldn't be a question for him either. As a batsman, Fawad & Manzoor looks even uglier/ordinary, but they were given multiple chances on their domestic performances, therefore this guy Sadaf is more than unlucky.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Sorry bro, that went a bit too far.

    Asad Ali had the same skill set as Asif and McGrath?

    Or you mean B Kumar had the same skillset as McGrath or Asif?

    Not every trundler is an Asif.
    How did it go to far?

    Not every trundler is an Asad either. You see that, right?

    I can contrive a resemblance between any two bowlers, anywhere,
    on the basis of the fact that they both have two legs and play cricket.

    But so what?

    Your point literally was without a point. It is ill informed and what is
    even worse, wallows in this fact. If a player's worthiness is in doubt,
    surely the best thing is to actually try them out?

  39. #199
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    This is what I thought PP can do - ask senior players, who have played against him - Asad, Azhar, YK, Misbah, Sarfraz, MoHa, Malik ...... on his performance/stats, then follow-up it with critical questions. If they don't rate him, fair enough; but then, they should explain why he has almost Syd Barnes like stats in domestics for 5/6 years. If they rate him, then the question should be why he is not picked even for A side or PSL/PAK Cup? - 3/4 of the players listed were in charge of PSL/PAK Cup teams, can't avoid answering. AND, if none of them has played against him to that amount that, they can't recall, probably then, the mystery will be solved on it's own.

    Only team he was part of, Captain/Coach didn't play him even in a dead rubber - therefore Afridi & WY also needs to be asked - why this guy was picked & not given a match over 5 ODI, when he was in sweeter half of 20s; or if he is not good at nets, why he was picked for such a serious tour of WI? It's clear that, selectors don't rate him - none of those who have seen him playing, neither those who have seen only his stats.

    I know, stats in PAK domestic is unreliable, but bowling stats are relatively reliable than batting stats. Besides, whichever ball is being used, this guy is out performing regular Internationals hands down in both formats. At ~6'4" & in his mid 20s, for last 4/5 years he had everything to be tried out, at least even for Test series against BD or ZIM, A Series. Besides, if Rahat, Irfan can play in both formats, fitness/fielding or batting capability shouldn't be a question for him either. As a batsman, Fawad & Manzoor looks even uglier/ordinary, but they were given multiple chances on their domestic performances, therefore this guy Sadaf is more than unlucky.
    Wrong, selectors have rated him, that's presumably why he was selected for the Windies tour. But
    now they don't dare touch him with a ten foot pole. And we sort of know why.

    Fact is that personal observation, ie assessment of form or style, can be wrong, and stats can be wrong.
    No one who watched Chanderpaul in action would have pegged him as an ATG.

    But the evidence in favor of Sadaf is now such that there is literally nothing left to prove. Because again,
    the question is not whether he will succeed - no one can know that. The question is whether he should be
    given a chance to play a few games.

    That's why the debate over him has become so ludicrous. If you doubt his ability, for whatever reason, fine.
    But why on earth would you be afraid of actually letting the system work, as it is supposed to work?

  40. #200
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Same skill set as Asif and MacG???
    Can't spot irony I take it? The point being that any comparison, whether good or bad, is
    always bound to be wishful and arbitrary. See comments below.

  41. #201
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,360
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    How did it go to far?

    Not every trundler is an Asad either. You see that, right?

    I can contrive a resemblance between any two bowlers, anywhere,
    on the basis of the fact that they both have two legs and play cricket.

    But so what?

    Your point literally was without a point. It is ill informed and what is
    even worse, wallows in this fact. If a player's worthiness is in doubt,
    surely the best thing is to actually try them out?
    An Asif or Amir like skillset or talent never rots in domestic. Everyone notices it and can't be ignored .

    That's why Amir was fast tracked to the team.

    He don't have that skillset, but you're right that should be given a chance to end this debate.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  42. #202
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,784
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Live in the present, if not the future - Varun

  43. #203
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    An Asif or Amir like skillset or talent never rots in domestic. Everyone notices it and can't be ignored .

    That's why Amir was fast tracked to the team.

    He don't have that skillset, but you're right that should be given a chance to end this debate.
    I'm sorry but I don't think you have a clue what is his skillset, your posts make that pretty clear.

  44. #204
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,360
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't think you have a clue what is his skillset, your posts make that pretty clear.
    Intuition and common sense.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  45. #205
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,191
    Mentioned
    3267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    35 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Sadaf will be ignored again.

  46. #206
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    uk
    Runs
    3,709
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems that Sadaf will go down as a myth or a dream.It's pretty obvious that some one in the pcb doesn't like him and its hell bound on keeping him out of the team.


    The boyes play well the boyes do as i tell

  47. #207
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    3,852
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)



    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  48. #208
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    36,342
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post

    So @Saj any revelations why the poor Sadaf is invisible to the PCB?


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  49. #209
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    36,342
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the bright side I think if he performs this season inzamam will at least go and watch him.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  50. #210
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,187
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Not saying that he cannot lift his performances in next matches but


    The worst Fc Season of Sadaf Hussain in last 7 years uptil now.


    Many pacers ahead of him.

  51. #211
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    670
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/-lwPFVltDz4

    New video of Sadaf Hussain

  52. #212
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    19,049
    Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    https://youtu.be/-lwPFVltDz4

    New video of Sadaf Hussain
    Seems to be okay pace

    Ball is definitely carrying easily and keeper is standing wel back

  53. #213
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    19,049
    Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Not saying that he cannot lift his performances in next matches but


    The worst Fc Season of Sadaf Hussain in last 7 years uptil now.


    Many pacers ahead of him.
    What are the stats?

  54. #214
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,187
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    What are the stats?

    Sadaf is at number 23 amongst top wicket takers.
    Attached Images Attached Images   


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  55. #215
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,187
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Best Average & Strike Rate combination once again is of Ali Imran Pasha :

    So Sad that he got injured at the wrong time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  56. #216
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    2,193
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Terrible season for him so far. On the brighter side, he scored 23 odd with the bat.


    You cannot ask us to take sides against arithmetic - Winston Churchill

  57. #217
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    10,702
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  58. #218
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,187
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sadaf needs 1 fivefer to seal his spot in next Pakistan A List A squad.

    Last two years he was highest wicket taker of List A tournament of department.

    After an average QEA it seems as if his rhythm and form is back.


    If he can make it 3 in a row than no way Inzamam can avoid selecting him for Pakistan A at the age of 26.
    Attached Images Attached Images  


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  59. #219
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    5,294
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he should learn the lesson from fawad alam, concentrate on the english leagues and get out as soon as he possibly can.

    if he gets selected, and if history is any indication, he'll get played two or three games and then dropped for some mediocre yawn as per the wishes of a bloated corrupt board member with favours to win or cash to collect.

  60. #220
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Sadaf needs 1 fivefer to seal his spot in next Pakistan A List A squad.

    Last two years he was highest wicket taker of List A tournament of department.

    After an average QEA it seems as if his rhythm and form is back.


    If he can make it 3 in a row than no way Inzamam can avoid selecting him for Pakistan A at the age of 26.
    And what if he does? Sadaf's already been man of the series in two A-tours.

    Has nothing left to prove in LOI cricket.

    But to the joy of Shakeel Shaikh,and quite a few PPers, he will never get selected

  61. #221
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Punjab
    Runs
    655
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his stats are incredible. why doesn't he try county? maybe he get some attention that way. he doesn't play t20 either for some reason. bizarre. forget the national team, if he can transfer his game to that format, he can become rich playing in eng, pal, bpl.

  62. #222
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    335
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was terrible in the last game

  63. #223
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    2,193
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaasir View Post
    He was terrible in the last game
    Everyone has off days.


    You cannot ask us to take sides against arithmetic - Winston Churchill

  64. #224
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    580
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why didn't Misbah select him and other deserving players who have been performing consistently ? Doesn't the "greatest captain" have any sense to scout for talent and groom payers for the future?

  65. #225
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,360
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    Why didn't Misbah select him and other deserving players who have been performing consistently ? Doesn't the "greatest captain" have any sense to scout for talent and groom payers for the future?
    He has sense, that's why he didn't root for Sadaf.

    Don't watch cricket on spreadsheets.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 10th January 2017 at 20:38.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  66. #226
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    5,294
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    Why didn't Misbah select him and other deserving players who have been performing consistently ? Doesn't the "greatest captain" have any sense to scout for talent and groom payers for the future?
    because misbah isnt a selector. hes the captain of the test team. its the selectors' job to scout and select players - the clue is in the job title.

  67. #227
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,784
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    Why didn't Misbah select him and other deserving players who have been performing consistently ? Doesn't the "greatest captain" have any sense to scout for talent and groom payers for the future?
    Last time I checked, Inzi was the chief selector.


    Live in the present, if not the future - Varun

  68. #228
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,649
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    Why didn't Misbah select him and other deserving players who have been performing consistently ? Doesn't the "greatest captain" have any sense to scout for talent and groom payers for the future?
    Why didn't legendary fast bowler Waqar make a case for him when he was coach for 4 out of the last 6 years ? Instead he carried on with his golden boys Rahat and Wahab despite their persistently poor bowling averages.

  69. #229
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,360
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Why didn't legendary fast bowler Waqar make a case for him when he was coach for 4 out of the last 6 years ? Instead he carried on with his golden boys Rahat and Wahab despite their persistently poor bowling averages.
    Because Waqar knows Sadaf is going to be an inferior version of our already rubbish bowling stocks.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  70. #230
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    580
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    because misbah isnt a selector. hes the captain of the test team. its the selectors' job to scout and select players - the clue is in the job title.
    It definitely takes common sense to know what a job entails in reality rather than going by textbook stuff. Misbah has a major say and influence in team selection. He got those players whom he wanted in the side , a lot of ttfs.

  71. #231
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    3,879
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another Imran Khan. Sad really.

  72. #232
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    670
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Why didn't legendary fast bowler Waqar make a case for him when he was coach for 4 out of the last 6 years ? Instead he carried on with his golden boys Rahat and Wahab despite their persistently poor bowling averages.
    So what's stopping Waqar from spotting superior versions of wahab and Rahat

  73. #233
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    1128km from Taj Mahal, 0km from Love
    Runs
    1,015
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Because Waqar knows Sadaf is going to be an inferior version of our already rubbish bowling stocks.
    Trying new rubbish is better than persisting with old rubbish (the latter's more rotten)


    In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

  74. #234
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    5,294
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    It definitely takes common sense to know what a job entails in reality rather than going by textbook stuff. Misbah has a major say and influence in team selection. He got those players whom he wanted in the side , a lot of ttfs.
    who told you that?

    it takes bias to make things up. hes been on record a billion of times, the selectors have historically been on record a billion of times, globally its been stated a billion of times that a captain and his coach's opinions are taken and considered, but selections are finalised by selectors. thats happens everyehere - and that passes a common sense test.

    if he gets the side he wants all the time how do you explain this, taken from just the first few search results, theres plenty more:

    "Misbah raps selectors over lack of Yasir cover" - http://nation.com.pk/sports/14-Oct-2...of-yasir-cover

    "Misbah unhappy over not consulted in team selection" - http://www.awaztoday.pk/News_Misbah-....d9X6ehuT.dpuf

    "Misbah 'unhappy' at not being consulted over Pak team selection for Zimbabwe series" - http://www.sify.com/sports/misbah-un...uqadhfhsi.html

    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/ar.../t-184685.html

    "A joke to not consult captain or coach - Akram" - http://tribune.com.pk/story/63972/no...-a-joke-akram/

    "No say in team selection angers Misbah" - https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/no-s...ul-haq-1531541

    and heres one for another captain just to illustrate how this is common sense policy, not specific to a particular player, and why the position of selector is created in cricket boards throughout the work:

    "I have not been consulted in team selection: Hafeez" - http://www.awaztoday.pk/News_I-have-....gSUxx0Ka.dpuf

    the only exception to this rule that i have seen is afridi, who has declared in public that he gets the team he asks for. which also explains why he is out in so undignified circumstances.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 10th January 2017 at 20:15.

  75. #235
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    342
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL Franchises are commercial entities and they seem to have signed up unproven talent, why havnt they picked Sadaf?

    Is it just because he is not a T20 player?

  76. #236
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    1,768
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    https://youtu.be/-lwPFVltDz4

    New video of Sadaf Hussain
    That's modest stuff.

    Pace isn't the greatest, a bit of seam movement and some bounce.

    Overall an average talent that doesn't deserve half of the hype he gets.

  77. #237
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    That's modest stuff.

    Pace isn't the greatest, a bit of seam movement and some bounce.

    Overall an average talent that doesn't deserve half of the hype he gets.
    Definitely lets never have the courage to put those kinds of hunches to a test.

    Gazillion something List A wickets at 18 must be a complete fluke.

    And "a bit of seam movement and some bounce" never described a successful international fast bowler.

  78. #238
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfandyar View Post
    Trying new rubbish is better than persisting with old rubbish (the latter's more rotten)
    No we should never dare try any new bowler, never have courage to make mistakes, always assume that if we can't explain how the earth is round, it must be flat. Just keep going with the tried and failed.

  79. #239
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,669
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfandyar View Post
    Trying new rubbish is better than persisting with old rubbish (the latter's more rotten)
    How to pick a bowler

    We should never dare try any new bowler. Because every ODI match played against Windies is too important for experimentation.

    Always assume that if we can't explain how a bowler takes wickets or the earth is round, the bowler must be bad and the earth must be flat.

    Wickets mean nothing and intuitive feeling everything. Empirical evidence is so 1650.

    Don't stop believing. In Waqar

  80. #240
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    36,342
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 wickets in 9 LA games this season @ 21 per wicket. He is doing well again.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •