Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Sorry, your opinion doesn't hold more weight then stats.
    The Pakistani Pitches as stated by Bazid Khan are low, damp wickets that are in conducive to stroke making and allow for trundlers with minimal skill sets to pick up wickets for fun, by day 3/4 the pitches become pancakes and the batsman feast on sub standard bowling.

Guys like Hammad Azam, Zohaib Shera, Mohammad Abbas, Mir Hamza and Sadaf Hussain etc. have Marshall-esque statistics, but as soon as they sit foot out of the obscure i.e QEA Trophy and into the limelight- Pakistan Cup, PSL etc. they look like Club level bowlers.

The batsman aren't much greater either with TTF's topping the batting charts consistently.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    How much is enough, exactly?

So if person X averages 45 and persons Y and Z average around 35, you're saying it wouldn't make sense to go for person X, because "stats are a joke"?

Yeah, which is why I've been saying Shahzaib/Fakhar/Imam should be next in line (assuming they don't consider the option of Umar).
    I personally believe watching a player 5-6 times is enough to pass down a judgement.

There is no better way to judge a player by watching them live. I don't care if batsman X has an average of 20 and batsman Y has an average of 45, if I'm going to compare the two and if it's evident that batsman X has a higher ceiling, then he should be picked ahead of batsman Y.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    A Saeed Anwar in the making who can't play fast bowling
    did u hear what mcullum said about him?

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    did u hear what mcullum said about him?
    No but mcculum also said that the talent in Pakistan is phenomenal. Of course he is going to praise all the players in his team. Keep watching him bat as the PSL goes on and come to your own conclusion. An opener who can't score against pace. No need for players like this

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    No but mcculum also said that the talent in Pakistan is phenomenal. Of course he is going to praise all the players in his team. Keep watching him bat as the PSL goes on and come to your own conclusion. An opener who can't score against pace. No need for players like this
    You've had a chat with some of the younger players in Lahore Qalandars squad. Does anyone stand out for you as an exciting prospect to watch out for? Brendon McCullum : Yes, I have had a chance to look at the newer players and I would say that Fakhar Zaman is very good and he looks outstanding. I'm looking forward to seeing him making his presence felt in the tournament. - See more at: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh....3MAL3NpO.dpuf

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    The Pakistani Pitches as stated by Bazid Khan are low, damp wickets that are in conducive to stroke making and allow for trundlers with minimal skill sets to pick up wickets for fun, by day 3/4 the pitches become pancakes and the batsman feast on sub standard bowling.

Guys like Hammad Azam, Zohaib Shera, Mohammad Abbas, Mir Hamza and Sadaf Hussain etc. have Marshall-esque statistics, but as soon as they sit foot out of the obscure i.e QEA Trophy and into the limelight- Pakistan Cup, PSL etc. they look like Club level bowlers.

The batsman aren't much greater either with TTF's topping the batting charts consistently.
    Wait a minute, so the pitches are low, damp and slow which make even lollipop bowlers a handful, that means if a batsman is doing well he really has something about him, specially if he is a opener and gets to bat in the first couple of days so doesn't get the 'pancakes' as you stated.

Massive loopholes in your logic.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets see if he can play on both sides of the wicket

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Batting like a champion today.

This is why I don't take opinion of arm-chair experts seriously.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking good today. Him and Bmac should open when Roy departs to play for England

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked terrific today!! Talent is there . Tbh, If it weren't for PSL we would never have got to see these talented player due to the corrupt culture within the team and board.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have just seen bits of his innings and he looked good.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very good!! There are talented players being wasted in domestic cricket due to the likes of hafeez,azhar and misbahs who have blocked entry of players far more talented than these guys. Even in PSL we have to tolerate these sifaarshis kick them out and have more players from domestic.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    I personally believe watching a player 5-6 times is enough to pass down a judgement.

There is no better way to judge a player by watching them live. I don't care if batsman X has an average of 20 and batsman Y has an average of 45, if I'm going to compare the two and if it's evident that batsman X has a higher ceiling, then he should be picked ahead of batsman Y.
    Hope you saw today's game.

In this case, you only have one alternative in mind, which shows you're being extremely harsh with Fakhar.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks good against full deliveries but not so much against shorter stuff. Stronger vs spin too.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wait a minute, so the pitches are low, damp and slow which make even lollipop bowlers a handful, that means if a batsman is doing well he really has something about him, specially if he is a opener and gets to bat in the first couple of days so doesn't get the 'pancakes' as you stated.

Massive loopholes in your logic.
    I clearly said the pitches bake and flatten out by day 3/4 and the batsman feast.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope you saw today's game.

In this case, you only have one alternative in mind, which shows you're being extremely harsh with Fakhar.
    I'm not waking up at 3:00 am to watch a bunch no-hopers

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    I'm not waking up at 3:00 am to watch a bunch no-hopers
    Yet you claim to have watched Fakhar 5-6 times.

Not fooling anyone.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I clearly said the pitches bake and flatten out by day 3/4 and the batsman feast.
    But he is an opener and most likely gets to bat in the first day or two. I clearly said that in my post.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yet you claim to have watched Fakhar 5-6 times.

Not fooling anyone.
    Lol, calm down. I've watched him in the QeA final and the Pakistan Cup.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Lol, calm down. I've watched him in the QeA final and the Pakistan Cup.
    ...But didn't bother watching him in the PSL.

You're fried.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But he is an opener and most likely gets to bat in the first day or two. I clearly said that in my post.
    He still has to bat in the second innings, which is around day 4/5, when the pitch is at its flattest.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ...But didn't bother watching him in the PSL.

You're fried.
    Because I'm in Sydney and not going to wake up at 3:00am to watch cricket.

I don't understand what your trying to prove.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Because I'm in Sydney and not going to wake up at 3:00am to watch cricket.

I don't understand what your trying to prove.
    That you've watched Fakhar play in some 5-6 low-profile domestic games and are simply judging him based off of that, when he has superior stats to almost all other alternatives. You're implying that stats don't mean anything but the 5 odd games you managed to witness live in some Pakistan Cup do.

Meanwhile you decided to sleep through today's game which is definitely more high-profile than any of the games you've watched.

You've clearly got it all wrong.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have watched enough of him to make a judgement.

Statistics are a joke in Pakistan and the majority know that.

Imam Ul Haq is twice the batman Fakhar is.
    Been saying it since long but spreadsheet kings and stats lovers have bashed me left and right for calling out yet another of their "youngsta beauty".

With his current ability, he's not cut out for the rigors of international cricket. @Syed1 needs to understand this, and not be a spreadsheet guy.

He can still work on his game though and improve.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 12th February 2017 at 18:49.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be in the test squad next series:

1. Azhar Ali
    2. Sami Aslam
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Younis Khan
    5. Asad Shafiq
    6. Fakhar Zaman
    7. Sarfaraz
    8. Yasir
    9. Amir
    10. Hassan
    11. Mir Hamza

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That you've watched Fakhar play in some 5-6 low-profile domestic games and are simply judging him based off of that, when he has superior stats to almost all other alternatives. You're implying that stats don't mean anything but the 5 odd games you managed to witness live in some Pakistan Cup do.

Meanwhile you decided to sleep through today's game which is definitely more high-profile than any of the games you've watched.

You've clearly got it all wrong.
    The standard of cricket in the Pakistan Cup was reasonably good. With the majority of the international players taking part. I personally believe he doesn't have the ability to score off faster men and that's backed up by the fact that over half of Fakhar's runs were scored off the spinners in the Pakistan Cup.

The Pakistan Cup started at 8-9 pm in Sydney, it was convenient for me to watch an hour or two of a game. I'm not waking up at 3:00 am when I have to take a flight back to Melbourne, go to work on the same day and back to Uni on Tuesday. It's just not happening.
    Last edited by Ellipsism; 12th February 2017 at 19:04.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Been saying it since long but spreadsheet kings and stats lovers have bashed me left and right for calling out yet another of their "youngsta beauty".

With his current ability, he's not cut out for the rigors of international cricket. @Syed1 needs to understand this, and not be a spreadsheet guy.

He can play some crisp shots against the spinners but as soon as pace comes on he looks like a club level batsman.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    The standard of cricket in the Pakistan Cup was reasonably good. With the majority of the international players taking part. I personally believe he doesn't have the ability to score off faster men and that's backed up by the fact that over half of Fakhar's runs were scored off the spinners in the Pakistan Cup.

The Pakistan Cup started at 8-9 pm in Sydney, it was convenient for me to watch an hour or two of a game. I'm not waking up at 3:00 am when I have to take a flight back to Melbourne, go to work on the same day and back to Uni on Tuesday. It's just not happening.
    Alright, you're entitled to your opinion.

IMO he should play all remaining PSL games and then we judge.

To each their own.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He can play some crisp shots against the spinners but as soon as pace comes on he looks like a club level batsman.
    Smacked a four and a six off of Jordan and hit a deft touch boundary through third man of Wahab.

Please don't make a fool out of yourself.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

How is watching the match and then judging him being a 'spreadsheet guy'?

All I said in this thread is that I don't believe arm chair experts like @aliasad1998, @MRSN and @Ellipsism who have a habit of making outrageous statements and were writing him off after two games only for him to prove them all horribly wrong today.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Smacked a four and a six off of Jordan and hit a deft touch boundary through third man of Wahab.

Please don't make a fool out of yourself.
    The only person making a fool out of themselves is you.

Malik hit some good shots off Jordan, does that change the fact that he's rubbish agains pace.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only person making a fool out of themselves is you.

Malik hit some good shots off Jordan, does that change the fact that he's rubbish agains pace.
    You said he looks like a club level batsman when pace comes on and I gave you three instances which prove you wrong.

Not my fault that you have trouble understanding simple facts.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How is watching the match and then judging him being a 'spreadsheet guy'?

All I said in this thread is that I don't believe arm chair experts like @aliasad1998, @MRSN and @Ellipsism who have a habit of making outrageous statements and were writing him off after two games only for him to prove them all horribly wrong today.
    A blind man can see Fakhar is not comfortable against pace.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    in his defense, not a single person looked comfortable on that track. against any kind of bowling.

sawaal ye ni k ap ko kyun nikaala, sawaal ye k ap aaye kaisay.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar is nowhere near the level of Sharjeel who is just super against pace bowling.

Peshawar need to give Khushdil Shah a go, Has a good SR so let's see how he looks like as a batsman.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the scorecard this chap scored runs where the rest 'top international players' failed.

Didn't watch it live though, but he must have something about him

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be very honest, I seriously imagined Fakhar Zaman to be one of those over-hyped useless players but the way he composed his innings yesterday was remarkable. This pitch was a demon and players from both sides had misery batting here, especially Fakhars team. It was amazing to see how he stuck in the middle playing at a good pace and lovely shots.

Two words: Very impressed.

Will only get better from here.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too early to judge. A decent innings from him last time out but he needs to be more consistent.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar should open in wi odi and t20s along with Shahzeb Hasan

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Fakhar is nowhere near the level of Sharjeel who is just super against pace bowling.

Peshawar need to give Khushdil Shah a go, Has a good SR so let's see how he looks like as a batsman.
    Lets make up some stuff about how good some player is, about whom we know little but have we have read his name on scorecard.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a good player with the right ingredients. Just needs to show some consistency in PSL and hopefully the selectors and Mickey take notice. He bowled an over against Peshawar Zalmi, was it any good? Could he be a handy part time bowler for us in ODI?

"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor."

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    doesnt look much despite a decent outing last time

in an int'l odi career i can bet he wont average 35+ after 10 games

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is the find of the tournament for me, should be selected in T20 asap.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weak against short stuff and 145+

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not worth investing in.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Not worth investing in.
    That is what I feel. Weak against short stuff hence will struggle, looks like a limited player with lack of balance and elegance

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    He is mostly always late against pace, which is not a good sign. Generally that not a technical issue but an indication that the said player does not have the reflexes to play pace, and that is where the element of natural talent makes a difference.

He will probably get a run soon now that both Sharjeel and Latif are out of the picture with Azhar barely hanging on, but PPers should have not have any hopes from him. It is the classic 'hope for the best but prepare for the worst' situation for me.

Happy to see him succeed but I don't think he's international material and by international material, I mean performing beyond Zimbabwe, WI, SL, Bangladesh etc.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like his aggression, but he seems to rely too heavily on shovelling balls on to the leg side. And in many of those shots he looks rather ungainly. Havent seen too much of an offside game either. Hopefully he will work on this.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He is mostly always late against pace, which is not a good sign. Generally that not a technical issue but an indication that the said player does not have the reflexes to play pace, and that is where the element of natural talent makes a difference.

He will probably get a run soon now that both Sharjeel and Latif are out of the picture with Azhar barely hanging on, but PPers should have not have any hopes from him. It is the classic 'hope for the best but prepare for the worst' situation for me.

Happy to see him succeed but I don't think he's international material and by international material, I mean performing beyond Zimbabwe, WI, SL, Bangladesh etc.
    @Mamoon honestly he looks like left handed Shehzad

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beggars cant be choosers.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon honestly he looks like left handed Shehzad
    Shehzad is a lot better.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is not the answer Pakistan is looking for as an opener for ODIs and T20s.

Wish Sharjeel has not sold his soul to devil, and Pakistan would be looking for only 1 opener for ODIs and T20s. But now Pakistan is looking for 2 openers for ODIs and T20s.

And none of the openers should be Fakhar Zaman.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shehzad is a lot better.
    But his spin play is better than Shehzad.

I think Shehzad has a real shot as a long term opener now.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He looks good. Just needs to work on his shot selection. If he gets more range of shots he will be deadly for Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is too reckless. Need to learn how to build an innings. Doesn't have a control while playing pace so he is not a good opening option. If I have to give him a compliment, I would say that his game against spin resembles Ganguly's. Long way to go but I guess he is the best we have got at the moment.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shehzad is a lot better.
    he and shahzad will be decent combo..we have no other good options..

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    He is too reckless. Need to learn how to build an innings. Doesn't have a control while playing pace so he is not a good opening option. If I have to give him a compliment, I would say that his game against spin resembles Ganguly's. Long way to go but I guess he is the best we have got at the moment.
    Everyone from Lahore Team was reckless. Think it was their plan.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think his recklessness has to be related with the captain may be mcculum is expecting too much from his batsmen...he is good if bat with a a bit of patientnce..

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a bit limited no doubt. Any one saying he is super talented is lying.

What i observed is that he is trying to emulate sharjeel's hard hitting here. Perhaps he knows that if he shows that he can play that brand of cricket now that sharjeel is gone, he would get a chance soon. He shouldn't be doing this because in the process he is looking very ugly out there even though he can play good cricketing shots.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ^^ He still looks more precipitous as compared to others, trying to smash every single ball. This is the first Lahore game I am watching so you guys still might be right.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not select him and give him some time to develop under Mickey. That's what Sharjeel did and he got a little better every time.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirforpresident View Post
    Why not select him and give him some time to develop under Mickey. That's what Sharjeel did and he got a little better every time.
    Sharjeel had outrageous reflexes and hand eye coordination, The way he picked up length was just too good.

Fakhar has weak reflexes and lacks balance hence he will stay where he is, A limited player.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel had outrageous reflexes and hand eye coordination, The way he picked up length was just too good.

Fakhar has weak reflexes and lacks balance hence he will stay where he is, A limited player.
    ignore sharjeel man and accept reality he is no more we should focused what we have instead

praising match fixer like sharjeel

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't look too elegant, but you gotta reward good performance. Fakhar has been raking up runs in domestics and now has a good fifty in the highest domestic tournament.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is a testament to why some posters will always remain what they are: armchair critics. These keyboard warriors actually believe that their faulty observations have more weight than the numbers. Not a surprise that many of them advocated for the likes of Shafiq and Amin in ODIs, and ridiculed actual performers such as Haris Sohail.

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    ignore sharjeel man and accept reality he is no more we should focused what we have instead

praising match fixer like sharjeel
    Whatever you say. But guy was different to our usual bats. And I'm praising his ability not other traits.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfandyar View Post
    This thread is a testament to why some posters will always remain what they are: armchair critics. These keyboard warriors actually believe that their faulty observations have more weight than the numbers. Not a surprise that many of them advocated for the likes of Shafiq and Amin in ODIs, and ridiculed actual performers such as Haris Sohail.
    Going by this, Shehzad, Akmal, Awais Zia, Riffatullah and co are all performers. Harris Sohail is a genuinely talented player though

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going by this, Shehzad, Akmal, Awais Zia, Riffatullah and co are all performers. Harris Sohail is a genuinely talented player though
    ^Exhibit A. See these are the types of people who, when there moms ask them to bring pomegranates from the market, end up buying apples just because they look prettier than pomegranates.

What is Shehzad's average in ODIs? No matter how classy he looks in some of his drives, he averages <35 at <80 SR which is beyond pathetic, so your argument falls flat there.

For Umar Akmal, go to cricinfo.com and select stats guru and search for top number 6's of all time in terms of runs in ODIs. After seeing the results, don't forget to hide in that blanket of yours.

Regarding Rifatullah, at least have the decency to confirm his numbers before posting his name. Do pay special attention to the SR.

Awais Zia is hackish, but could still do wonders for our ODI team if need arises.

The take-home point here is: we need modern players for ODIs no matter how hackish they look. These include Shahzaib Hasan, Fakhar Zaman, Sohaib Maqsood, AbdurRehman Muzammil and Awais Zia. With Sharjeel gone, the margin of error expands even further.

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfandyar View Post
    ^Exhibit A. See these are the types of people who, when there moms ask them to bring pomegranates from the market, end up buying apples just because they look prettier than pomegranates.

What is Shehzad's average in ODIs? No matter how classy he looks in some of his drives, he averages <35 at <80 SR which is beyond pathetic, so your argument falls flat there.

For Umar Akmal, go to cricinfo.com and select stats guru and search for top number 6's of all time in terms of runs in ODIs. After seeing the results, don't forget to hide in that blanket of yours.

Regarding Rifatullah, at least have the decency to confirm his numbers before posting his name. Do pay special attention to the SR.

Awais Zia is hackish, but could still do wonders for our ODI team if need arises.

The take-home point here is: we need modern players for ODIs no matter how hackish they look. These include Shahzaib Hasan, Fakhar Zaman, Sohaib Maqsood, AbdurRehman Muzammil and Awais Zia. With Sharjeel gone, the margin of error expands even further.
    Sharjeel was the real deal. I don't think Fakhar Zaman could be a long term solution. Hope he proves me wrong though

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zacattakk View Post
    I like his aggression, but he seems to rely too heavily on shovelling balls on to the leg side. And in many of those shots he looks rather ungainly. Havent seen too much of an offside game either. Hopefully he will work on this.

This is what stood out for me as well, he closes the face of his bat which means a lot of shots which should go towards cover, end up at long on instead. Someone compared him to Shehzad, but to be honest, Shehzad plays a lot straighter. I like his aggression but he doesn't look good enough to succeed at the highest level, that's my first impression.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    This is what stood out for me as well, he closes the face of his bat which means a lot of shots which should go towards cover, end up at long on instead. Someone compared him to Shehzad, but to be honest, Shehzad plays a lot straighter. I like his aggression but he doesn't look good enough to succeed at the highest level, that's my first impression.
    Pakistan is gonna miss Sharjeel so badly; I dont see anyone with his hitting capability

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Pakistan is gonna miss Sharjeel so badly; I dont see anyone with his hitting capability
    I know people won't want to hear this, but TTF's like Shoaib Malik and Shehzad look like world beaters compared to the new pretenders that are coming through.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Bring him in.

Performers must be rewarded.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, he looked fantastic today. I would bring him into the T20 team and Imam ul Haq into the ODI team.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bring him in.

Performers must be rewarded.
    i would like to watch his back foot game before making any such conclusions.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk23 View Post
    Seriously, he looked fantastic today. I would bring him into the T20 team and Imam ul Haq into the ODI team.
    I'm a big supporter of the guy, but he looked anything but "fantastic". He was hacking away and his hacks came off. However, whenever I saw him play he has always played proper cricketing shots. Today that wasn't the case.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    i would like to watch his back foot game before making any such conclusions.
    At this point, looking at the alternatives, I'll take a footless opener who can score a few.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earthrealm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think if Fakhar scores another 50 he'll get selected

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At this point, looking at the alternatives, I'll take a footless opener who can score a few.
    the depression of losing sharjeel is actually real.

think playing under mcullum will help his game in the long run. fingers crossed

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earthrealm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    remember Sharjeel's footwork?
    nobody cared if he was a hack, he had no footwork etc once he started hitting boundaries and scoring some runs everyone became a fan
    same is gonna happen with Fakhar if he gets selected and started scoring no matter how he does that and I think we'll take it
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th February 2017 at 00:12.