Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    played well according to the situation. the pitch was slow and he can play well under pressure as well. He has much better technique then leg side hoick selfizad and that he has shown in pentangular cup as well as quaid e azam. people calling selfizad better then him are fools.
    the best thing about him today was he played aggressively and he got runs.. I dnt care anymore this format require player who can play aggressively easing to the eye or not doesnt matter.

only fighters rise up from the dust..

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    the depression of losing sharjeel is actually real.

think playing under mcullum will help his game in the long run. fingers crossed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
    remember Sharjeel's footwork?
    nobody cared if he was a hack, he had no footwork etc once he started hitting boundaries and scoring some runs everyone became a fan
    same is gonna happen with Fakhar if he gets selected and started scoring no matter how he does that and I think we'll take it
    Insha'Allah Fakhar is picked and he does well.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th February 2017 at 00:13.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    An excellent player of spin.

However, he needs to improve his game against pace through the offside.

He is worse than Sharjeel through that region.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    nobody cared if he was a hack, he had no footwork etc once he started hitting boundaries and scoring some runs everyone became a fan
    same is gonna happen with Fakhar if he gets selected and started scoring no matter how he does that and I think we'll take it
    Sharjeel is a very good player of genuine pace bowling so he has the ability to pick the ball early and dispatch it to the leg side. That's not a hack, that's picking the flight of the ball very early. If Zaman has a similar ability then great, I have only seen him playing today where he was not really getting any short deliveries so I have no idea what he is like off the back foot.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th February 2017 at 00:14.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earthrealm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Insha'Allah Fakhar is picked and he does well.
    Insha'Allah bro, I think Fakhar can emulate Sharjeel's style of batting
    remember when Sharjeel only had 2 scoring shots, cut and pull, everyone was not his fan but later he improved and started scoring

i hope Fakhar does that too
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th February 2017 at 00:13.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Sharjeel is a very good player of genuine pace bowling so he has the ability to pick the ball early and dispatch it to the leg side. That's not a hack, that's picking the flight of the ball very early. If Zaman has a similar ability then great, I have only seen him playing today where he was not really getting any short deliveries so I have no idea what he is like off the back foot.
    adding to the above quote -- the only player in pakistan who could take genuine pace on. not in the 135-140 pace but wood, starc kinda pace and that is why people liked him or were hoping for a long career from him.

the reason why some of us are not fully sold on fakhar yet is the same that ian bishop stated on air - his back foot game which has not been tested as of now. players in pakistan circuit can do well for years (read rafatullah mohmand) and then face international bowlers who take approximately 02 deliveries to find and target shortcomings of the said talents and run them to the ground sending them all the way back to domestic cricket. this initiates a life of non-stop cribbing and whinging by our players blaming everything including gravitational waves, astrological alignments, pluto not being considered a planet anymore etc. etc. while easily overlooking the fact that they never improved their game and were never international class in the first place.

cannot and do not want to lose another player to such a situation again (read: mukhtar, nauman anwar, shahzeb, yasir hameed, imran nazir, sohaib maqsood etc.)
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th February 2017 at 00:14.

sawaal ye ni k ap ko kyun nikaala, sawaal ye k ap aaye kaisay.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earthrealm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    bro Zaman scored 170 in the QeA trophy final against the bowling attack of Irfan (who loves bowling short), Asif, Zulfiqar Babar and Waqas Maqsood (one of the best fast bowlers last season), his strike rate was over 70 and he hit 19 fours, I don't think he is uncomfortable against anyone, he doesnt look classy to the eye but he can get the job done

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is weak against short stuff and express pace. Not a dominant puller or cutter of the ball like Sharjeel, Also not as gifted timer of the ball as Sharjeel or maybe even Ahmed Shehzad. Fakhar's spin play is fabulous however, Fantastic use of the feet, Has eye on the vacant areas and uses his hands and feet very well against spin.

Having Fakhar in the team will make things very similar from batting perspective, Because he too likes medium pace and spin bowling like Malik, Sarfraz and rest of our batsmen. Now he (Fakhar) maybe a good player and certainly has scored runs but it's likely that by smashing medium pacers and spinners in domestic, Also today in his half century he was dropped in 30s or 40s by Sanga, He is more suited at #4 or #5. And as Mamoom said, It's highly unlikely that he would score against opposition's like SAF, AUS, England.etc mostly against Zimbabwe, SL and WI. His reflexes are low as well which shows he is limited as a player in natural ability.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Not worth investing in.
    Interesting kind of

Who is your choice for that opening slot?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GudduBadmash View Post
    Interesting kind of

Who is your choice for that opening slot?
    Ahmed Shehzad and Rifatullah.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahmed Shehzad and Rifatullah.
    What about Umar Amin?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyother left handed batsman who could possibly take up opening slot from Sharjeel in case he is gone for long time?
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th February 2017 at 11:52.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Anyother left handed batsman who could possibly take up opening slot from Sharjeel in case he is gone for long time?
    None that are polished enough. There was one batsman that caught my eye in the U-19 team, Gauhar Hafeez. He's a leftie and a pretty clean striker of the ball. Hits the ball hard but very raw. Quite an explosive batsman, keep an eye on him.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very disappointed.. he doesnt look the solution to our problems..

Even his cross batted hoicks were not going for soxes in this small ground. Which shows his lack of power. His balance was not good too..

Shahzaib is better.. but he is inconsistent. The way sharjeel improved. Hoping against hope for shahzaib too. Also sharjeel was not as developed player as ppers are making him. It was just that he was playing series on pitches which suited him.

If u wanna invest on fakhar. It is vetter you call back shahzad.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None that are polished enough. There was one batsman that caught my eye in the U-19 team, Gauhar Hafeez. He's a leftie and a pretty clean striker of the ball. Hits the ball hard but very raw. Quite an explosive batsman, keep an eye on him.
    How is his stance and balance? Any videos?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wasn't he the captain of the u19 team in the WC?

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    How is his stance and balance? Any videos?
    http://www.icc-cricket.com/u19-world...ghts-pak-v-eng

Not much to go on. Start of Pakistan's chase.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Wasn't he the captain of the u19 team in the WC?
    Yes, he was. The guy with the tanky build.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, he was. The guy with the tanky build.
    Well he wasn't very impressive in the WC. Was actually quite a big tuk tuk. His opening partner on the other hand, Zeeshan Malik, was quite dynamic.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well he wasn't very impressive in the WC. Was actually quite a big tuk tuk. His opening partner on the other hand, Zeeshan Malik, was quite dynamic.
    Yeah, I know he didn't have a good WC. I'm rating him purely on ability.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He seems decent with good potential.

I'd say open with him and Shehzad in ODI's.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zeeshan Malik looks decent

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earthrealm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    He seems decent with good potential.

I'd say open with him and Shehzad in ODI's.
    that would be alright

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that would be alright
    Honestly, that is the best way to go for now in ODI's.

For Tests - I'd say open with Shehzad and (though some may disagree) I'd like to give another opportunity to Shan Masood. That guy lack talent but has one of the most important attributes for Test cricket - grit. Certainly an upgrade over Sami Aslam imo.

No idea who should open in T20's - it is the most uncertain position right now.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Umar must open in ODIs. Not this guy

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Umar must open in ODIs. Not this guy
    Ok, let's have this discussion NOW !!! - Objective facts only !!

Why should Umar open in ODIs ???? Explain to me.....

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post

To get 10 runs in the first five balls, then hoick the last ball of the over straight into the hands of a boundary rider, but alas we'll see his fans shouting praise saying he got "Pakistan off to a quick start".

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Like I've said earlier, needs to improve his game.

Got away with all leg side hoicks yesterday, and some people have no idea and can't realize how bad it is.

No, he's not the Sharjeel your of player where even if he prefers leg side he d do great. Sharjeel had a good off side game, but his reflexes, ability to judge and hit pace at will plus shot selection was way better.

Need to improve else teams will work him out. But he has potential to improve.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post

Natural player of pace. Only 2 boundary riders. Aerial route opens up. Greater margin for error. If he scores his usual 30-40, we'd be off to a good start.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Basically if you bowl out of his comfort zone he will struggle. He needs to work on his game . If he's selected I won't be to upset and if not selected you can see why.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any proper batsman that has to SLOG to score at a decent rate is not worth investing in . . and that's exactly the issue with Fakhar Zaman! He slogs!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earthrealm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    To get 10 runs in the first five balls, then hoick the last ball of the over straight into the hands of a boundary rider, but alas we'll see his fans shouting praise saying he got "Pakistan off to a quick start".
    He doesn't even play that fast nowadays, expect a 10 from 15 balls and then catch out on a miss timed shot

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    Any proper batsman that has to SLOG to score at a decent rate is not worth investing in . . and that's exactly the issue with Fakhar Zaman! He slogs!
    Yep.. very logical answer to the problem

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for zeeshan malik to play in televised match now ..

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From what I have seen of him...he will be ok at T20i level..not sure about thd longer formats. Plays alot of hoicks & slogs.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    Ahm Ahm and Shaarjeeel Ain't????????????

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Psychologist View Post
    Ahm Ahm and Shaarjeeel Ain't????????????
    Please watch Sharjeel's 79 vs Australia in 5th ODI.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Zaman making his mark in PSL

At a time when Pakistan is despondent over the loss of Sharjeel Khan, another dashing left-hand batsman, Fakhar Zaman, is making his presence felt, scoring a solid 36-ball 56 in Lahore Qalandars’ hard-fought seven-run win over Karachi Kings in Sharjah on Thursday.

The 26 year old, Pakistan Navy trained, is fondly called “Soldier” by his teammates, and has been scoring runs in every domestic tournament. Just like Sharjeel, the Pakistan Super League (PSL) is likely to elevate this youngster to international ranks.

Sharjeel’s loss could be Zaman’s gain, just like Junaid Khan benefitted when Mohammad Amir was banned for five years after the spot-fixing scandal in 2010.

Last week, Sharjeel was provisionally suspended after breaching the Pakistan Cricket Board’s anti-corruption code by meeting a suspicious man linked to an international betting syndicate.

Khalid Latif was also suspended for the same offence.

“My job is to score runs and I am doing that, so I know that hard work will pay off and I will be included in the Pakistan team sooner than later,” said Zaman after his man-of-the-match performance.

He smashed three powerful sixes and five well-timed fours to lift his team to 179 for 8 in 20 overs.

“It is my wish to play for Pakistan, like every youngster playing at domestic level has, so I am doing the hard work,” said Zaman. “I hope that PSL will bring that good news for me.”

Zaman is on the selectors’ radar for the tour of West Indies which commences after the PSL, more so because Sharjeel faces a lengthy ban.

Zaman stroked a masterful 170 in the final of the Quaid-e-Azam trophy final in Karachi last year. He was the second-highest run-getter behind Ahmed Shahzad, with 297, in the Pakistan Cup one-day tournament last year.

He also had success against England Lions in the series in the UAE, and made a wonderful 180 in an unofficial one-day match for Pakistan A on the tour of Zimbabwe last year.

“I have benefitted from A team tours because when you go abroad and score runs. it’s different from what you do at domestic level,” said Zaman. “I am waiting for the call for national duty.”

http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-n...-in-psl/241757

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what i saw he has played some hoicks he doesn't look like a proper batsman! But his intent is really good he can bat like this in t20s.He should be drafted in t20is squad against west indies!Atleast he is no ahmed dot balls king shehzad!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think hes going to be good, everyone here will be proven wrong, hes played some good domestic innings

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already a missed stumping at 36

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't work out against Quality Bowling.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was saying he wasn't good enough before the tournament started and the cricinfo experts were all over me. Now people are slowly realizing why after watching him bat

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    I was saying he wasn't good enough before the tournament started and the cricinfo experts were all over me. Now people are slowly realizing why after watching him bat
    One failure and you lot are running out of your caves

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One failure and you lot are running out of your caves
    He's scored in this tournament. This failure has nothing to do with it

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imo it's now between him, Shezzy, and Prof. for the opening slots.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Makes his debut today for Pakistan.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Makes his debut today for Pakistan.
    Extremely Mediocre Cricketer

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mediocre player. Very average.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not good enough.

He'll be exposed badly by Gabriel and Alzarri considering he can't play pace.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Zaman. His performances peak of themselves. Is he a classical, all round batsman? No. But we're talking about him being in the side for t20s and possible ODIs. We need more players with his intent. Get him up at 3/4 (Depending on where they want Babar).

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One match doesn't prove anything, hopefully he will be given a consistent run.
    Also he already played better then that old senior M Hafeez by taking lesser balls to make same runs,his performances will improve.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's Far better than TTF hafeez. Give him a consistent run

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rubbish batsman.

Over dominant bottom hand, tries to heave every ball and a terrible stance.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fakhar Zaman has a terribly unattractive style of batting

Not so easy the eyes is Fakhar Zaman. Doesn't use his feet much and just seems to crouch and swipe everything. He nails one or two every now and again but I have a feeling he's gonna be exposed pretty badly against quality bowling attacks.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    He's Far better than TTF hafeez. Give him a consistent run
    Lol. What a joke.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another legside hack it seems. Trying to smash everything legside.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should be opening.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is supposed to be our answer to Sharjeels absence?

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Should be opening.
    It won't make a difference when you can't play pace.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Played okay today.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Played okay today.
    Seriously?

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Half of this forum was crying for his selection when these flaws should've been clear for anyone to see.

Why do our batsmen regress so much in domestic cricket ? What are our domestic coaches doing, can they not see these flaws ?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is supposed to be our answer to Sharjeel's absence?

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Half of this forum was crying for his selection when these flaws should've been clear for anyone to see.

Why do our batsmen regress so much in domestic cricket ? What are our domestic coaches doing, can they not see these flaws ?
    Absolutely, people on this forum have a habit of needlessly hyping players based on their numbers, etc. Unfortunately I don't see Zaman succeeding at the international level unless he does some serious work on his batting.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than hafeez anyday give him as many chances as him and then talk. He should be opening for us.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    OK and? We all know that.

Our alternatives right now are Kamran and Shehzad and so I'd persist with Fakhar.

Fakhar is an OPENER and should open.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    Better than hafeez anyday give him as many chances as him and then talk. He should be opening for us.
    At the very least Hafeez can lay at on ball, Fakhar can't even do that.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    would be great if zaman actually succeeds at international level just to see the critics with egg on their face

Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Our alternatives right now are Kamran and Shehzad and so I'd persist with Fakhar.

Shehzad has failed now.

Fakhar and Akmal should open in the next match.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Looked very ugly but I'd persist with him over Shehzad as an opener for now.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fasihulhaq94 View Post
    would be great if zaman actually succeeds at international level just to see the critics with egg on their face
    Many people are watching him bat for the first time. I have watched him bat a few times before and he looked nothing like this when he used to open. He is a stroke maker and they are trying to create a slogger out of him because they have no one at 6.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think he has the right kind of technique to be opening the batting.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shaky technique. Next.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is sharjeel the only one in the country who can hit back of a length fast bowling ??
    This guy looks awful . Some terrible coaching at the juinor level .
    I hope for his sake that its only t20 thats somehow making him bat this way.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Shehzad has failed now.

Fakhar and Akmal should open in the next match.
    Babar should open. Kamran at #3.

Fakhar
    Babar
    Kamran
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Imad
    Nawaz
    Hasan
    Rumman
    Shinwari

Rest Wahab and "rest" Tanvir.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bilawal666 View Post
    I don't think he has the right kind of technique to be opening the batting.
    OK yeah let's keep opening with Shehzad then, k?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marginaly better version of Awais Zia

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Many people are watching him bat for the first time. I have watched him bat a few times before and he looked nothing like this when he used to open. He is a stroke maker and they are trying to create a slogger out of him because they have no one at 6.
    half the people here dont know what they are talking about. he was out of sorts today but so what.

Unless he gets 5-6 t20s under his belt, too early to judge him.

Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.