Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Half of this forum was crying for his selection when these flaws should've been clear for anyone to see.

Why do our batsmen regress so much in domestic cricket ? What are our domestic coaches doing, can they not see these flaws ?
    It's no surprise many people here are clueless and go by spreadsheets.

Look, there are people who wanted Ahmed Shehzad back in the side just because he scored well in domestic season or in odd PSL match.

AND still back Malik.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fasihulhaq94 View Post
    would be great if zaman actually succeeds at international level just to see the critics with egg on their face
    Look man, I've got nothing against the guy. He may go on to succeed for all we know and this is just opinion based on my observation so far.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bilawal666 View Post
    Look man, I've got nothing against the guy. He may go on to succeed for all we know and this is just opinion based on my observation so far.
    Let me stick my neck out and predict that this guy won't make any International Bowlers quake in their boots.

And he also won't be setting International Cricket on fire either.

And if he doesn't broaden his play he will be quickly found out.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    OK yeah let's keep opening with Shehzad then, k?
    Shehzad is actually a much more superior batsman. If only he can get his act together and start being a bit more consistent. Shehzad is a treat to watch when he's going well like some of his innings against South Africa around 2013/2014.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG I was expecting moons from him by seeing his hyping in this forum. He was hyped to be the saviour of pak cricket. UMAR Akmal although not Fit but still the best hack in Pakistan . From now on I won't be fooled by the hyping in this forum. He looked to be only legside hack in this inning. There was also a opener who once debuted against England. His style was very similar to Fazkhar. No hope from this batsman unless he improved his offside game

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJames View Post
    Let me stick my neck out and predict that this guy won't make any International Bowlers quake in their boots.

And he also won't be setting International Cricket on fire either.

And if he doesn't broaden his play he will be quickly found out.
    I second that, calling it right now.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Shehzad is actually a much more superior batsman. If only he can get his act together and start being a bit more consistent. Shehzad is a treat to watch when he's going well like some of his innings against South Africa around 2013/2014.
    Yeah, even after he's played 75 ODIs at an average of 33 and a SR of 73, let's hope that "if only he can get his together" he can be Bradman.

I mean 2013/14 was only 3 years ago wasn't it.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2013 was 4 years ago and Shehzaad has regressed badly with no end in sight for him to get his act together

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scores of 62 and 59 in the Pakistan cup so far

should open in CT

#InziOut

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post

should open in CT
    Agreed, He is better than both Akmal and Shehzad combined.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be nowhere near the team.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Agreed, He is better than both Akmal and Shehzad combined.
    Criminal that he wasn't given a chance in the ODI series and played so low in the t20s. He is not the most aesthetically pleasing batsman and clearly has his go-to shots on the leg side but given he was up against Kami who has pretty terrible technique and relies mostly on handeye coordination with no foot movement, this should not have gone against him.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Not good enough.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't be worse than Akmal or Shehzad

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

should open in CT
    Has looked miles better in the PC than he did in the PSL.

Perhaps ODIs are his format.

Fakhar can be absolutely rubbish but would still be better than Shehzad and Akmals.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 with 100+ SR today

3rd on the trot in Pakistan Cup, leading from the front

#InziOut

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 with 100+ SR today

3rd on the trot in Pakistan Cup, leading from the front
    73 off 69 today

#InziOut

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should be a regular in t20s at the very minimum. In odis I wouldn't mind him starting over Kami. But would prefer to invest in Talat or Amin.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still do not like the way Fakhar plays. Too much space between bat and pad. Sick of his horizontal bat shots. Do not go by his numbers' domestic cricket/bowlers are way below int standard.

Pakistan fan from Bangladesh.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Was compact and far better in 2013-2014.

Plays too casually and high risk cricket. Relies too much on bottom hand and legside now unlike first season. Won't succeed against top pace batteries.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People may not rate his technique but it's not like we have many alternatives. Shehzad is absolutely awful

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    bump

Let's not give up on his so quick, not saying he will be world class, but he looked good in the Pakistan cup, was playing both sides of the ground as well nice straight hits. The angle he holds his bat is annoying, but in the CT lets hope he gets a chance to open and gives us some quick starts.

It's annoying though that a new player like him, who generally opens, was batting at 5 in a t20.

I sincerely hope that he gets a chance to open in the CT,can't do worse than azhar or shezhad

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to him.
    I will play him as an opener over Shezi, Azhar and Hafeez.

On a side note i like his attitude and also his captaincy was good in Pak Cup.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Fakhar 2.0 is not going to last longer.

He was a complete player in 2014-2015. His style, methodology, technique have declined. Too much bottom handed now and shot range against pacers through off side has deteriorated due to the angle at which his bat meets the ball.

High risk hitting through legside won't work against top bowling line ups.

He & Fahim would warm the bench unless there are injuries or some players have worst 2-3 games.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Fakhar 2.0 is not going to last longer.

He was a complete player in 2014-2015. His style, methodology, technique have declined. Too much bottom handed now and shot range against pacers through off side has deteriorated due to the angle at which his bat meets the ball.

High risk hitting through legside won't work against top bowling line ups.

He & Fahim would warm the bench unless there are injuries or some players have worst 2-3 games.
    2-3 games ke baad wapis Pakistan hi aainge khelenge nahi

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like he is going to be the Sarfaraz of 2015 world cup in the champions trophy - not played initially until there is no choice, but will impress when given the chance however will still be hated due to his (lack of) style of play.

Looking forward to watching him. Always rate run scorers over pretty batsman.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be surprised if he gets a game in the CT, Mickey loves TTFs, Azhar, Hafeez, Shehzad will probably play all matches.

#InziOut

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Honestly if you watched him bat in the Pakistan Cup you would've seen he's not as bad as he looked in WI. He came in late and had to start hitting from the word go, I don't think he's that kind of player. In the Pakistan Cup he was scoring off side runs as well as rotating strike well.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant century today by "leg-side hack" with 63% of the shots on the off-side. That makes it three fifties and one century in the four matches of the Pakistan Cup by Fakhar.

It's funny how PP'ers crucify a player they dislike after one or two chances (where he was played woefully out of position), but guys like Shehzad and Umar Akmal can keep coming back series after series despite zero performance. Let me remind folks here that Umar Akmal has ONLY ONE FIFTY IN THE LAST THREE YEARS, yet you have vociferous support for him. No wonder we are floundering at number 8.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal is a certified TTF and an absolutely shady character. He should be no way near the team. Fakhar should play over Akmals. his selection is on merit. Great hard working cricketer.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If he doesn't open on June 4th it'll truly be an injustice.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Brilliant century today by "leg-side hack" with 63% of the shots on the off-side. That makes it three fifties and one century in the four matches of the Pakistan Cup by Fakhar.

It's funny how PP'ers crucify a player they dislike after one or two chances (where he was played woefully out of position), but guys like Shehzad and Umar Akmal can keep coming back series after series despite zero performance. Let me remind folks here that Umar Akmal has ONLY ONE FIFTY IN THE LAST THREE YEARS, yet you have vociferous support for him. No wonder we are floundering at number 8.

You like me are addicted to Pakistan Cricket for long. Did you watch him bat against Irfan, Ajmal & Majid in their peaks 3 years ago in couple of domestic tournaments ? He was much better than. This is Fakhar 2.0 and he deserves a chance based on his numbers which are the best in Pak atm but we should keep very low hopes from him when he faces Eng, Aus, NZ, SA pace batteries in CT provided he doesn't sit on the bench.

Once I had high hopes from him but his game deteriorated. I don't know whether it's due to wrong coaching or what.

I have even followed him playing Ramzan T20 tournament during the day and He was one for the future based on what I saw than.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    You like me are addicted to Pakistan Cricket for long. Did you watch him bat against Irfan, Ajmal & Majid in their peaks 3 years ago in couple of domestic tournaments ? He was much better than. This is Fakhar 2.0 and he deserves a chance based on his numbers which are the best in Pak atm but we should keep very low hopes from him when he faces Eng, Aus, NZ, SA pace batteries in CT provided he doesn't sit on the bench.

Once I had high hopes from him but his game deteriorated. I don't know whether it's due to wrong coaching or what.

I have even followed him playing Ramzan T20 tournament during the day and He was one for the future based on what I saw than.
    Yes his technique has indeed deteriorated and has developed that ugly crouch in his stance. I'm hoping Mickey or Grant Flower correct his technique to previous levels. Obviously we can't expect him to have textbook technique after years of playing in Pakistani domestic.

On merit he deserves selection, whether he grabs his chance by both hands is upto him.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should open all matches in CT based on current form, but sadly that seems unrealistic now

#InziOut

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Many people are watching him bat for the first time. I have watched him bat a few times before and he looked nothing like this when he used to open. He is a stroke maker and they are trying to create a slogger out of him because they have no one at 6.
    This is what i had said when people were crucifying him after a couple of t20s.

Pakistani system is cancer. Making an opener into a number 6 slogger because their system couldnt produce even a single quality number 6 player.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another great performance today with a spectacular hundred by the best opener in Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should open against India.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Him and Hafeez should open

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1399042...et-says-zaman/

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan left-handed batsman Fakhar Zaman believes that the recently-concluded Pakistan Cup will help in developing country’s cricket in the years to come.

The 27-year-old, who was the captain of the losing finalists, Balochistan, said that he was pleased to see a highly competitive final.

“To be honest, I felt really good after such a competitive final,” said Zaman while talking to The Express Tribune. “But since we lost the final and that too of such a big event, it is always disappointing, more so because after a long time I was representing Balochistan and I really wanted my team to win a major domestic tournament.

“I think this tournament will definitely help cricket in this country. In the beginning of the tournament, even 285 was not easily chased, but then the teams realised that on this pitch, we can score more runs, which is why later in the tournament, teams managed to chase huge totals as well.”

Zaman, who recently made his debut for the Men in Green in the T20I format on the tour of West Indies, remained in fine form throughout the tournament and scored 308 runs with the average of 61.20 — striking one century and three half-centuries in five matches — said that he is overall satisfied with his personal and team’s performance.

“As far as my personal performance is concerned, I am extremely pleased with it. Yes I missed out in the final, but that was because I was in fever, but apart from that I am satisfied with my performance,” he said.

He further added, “As a group, our performance was right up there. Even in the final, we were up against a really good opposition, and there was so much dew on the field which made it extremely difficult for us, but the players kept trying which was really satisfying for me.”
    Last edited by MenInG; 2nd May 2017 at 10:01.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He needs to debut against India

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Fakhr fail today, the blame should go to Sarfraz and Mickey

If Fakhar fail today, the blame should go to Sarfraz and Mickey. Inzi selected Fakhar for West Indies tour but Sarfraz and Mickey never played him at his correct position as an opener. So he is totally under cooked.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won't fail don't worry..

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    lol what do we have here @TalhaSyed @Red Devil

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Some crisp shots bah gawd. I haven't marked out like this since God knows when

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Venue
    MN, US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has already scored more than Shehzad. Anything more is bonus.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Intent makes a world of difference. Half of his boundaries would have been blocked by Shehzad.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does a leg-side hack score majority of his runs over point and covers? Is he resorting to switch hits?

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Intent makes a world of difference. Half of his boundaries would have been blocked by Shehzad.
    himmat-e-mardaan
    maddad-e-khuda

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfandyar View Post
    How does a leg-side hack score majority of his runs over point and covers? Is he resorting to switch hits?

Potw

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    As expected, posters like @Hawkeye who don't know anything and come out with their agendas were trying to bash this lad before he even made his debut

Do take note of this @Syed1

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need some ability as well. Azhar with same intent was able to score only 50 (65).

Impressive stuff by Fakhar, I'm not a fan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    You need some ability as well. Azhar with same intent was able to score only 50 (65).

Impressive stuff by Fakhar, I'm not a fan.
    Hinting towards Shehzad.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leg side hack has hit only one leg side boundary

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    There are some worrying signs, he is quite late on the short ball and got hit on the helmet twice. Before this, I had only seen him in the PSL and he looked late against pace. He often premeditates and that is how he got out as we speak, but you can either be a coward about it or look to fight it out.

He did the latter today, which is why he scored about 20 runs more than he would have.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hinting towards Shehzad.
    Either way, We need openers who can make use of field restrictions and have some shots atleast to go to and play.

Intent is the key as you said, We have already observed Sarfraz with and without intent in Test Matches.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I was driving home from work listening to commentary on 5 Live Extra - that was a much needed boost!!

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today was the most productive day for fast bowlers in this tournament and he did well.
    He will score valuable quick runs on low bounce UAE pitches. Intent is there plus he has shots too. I will keep him atleast for next 10 odis. There is no Messiah dashing opener waiting in domestic. He is better than Manzoor etc.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks beastly to me. Should be ahead of the nepotic Shan Masood.
    do u think his entry to internation circut has been delayed for at least 3 years..

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Big game for lad tomorrow. He will have to score atleast 30-50 again, anything less and the knives will be out and he will be labelled as a hack or domestic bully.

Pakistanis are happy with the mediocrity of Azhar and Hafeez and can absolve their constant failures but they are ready to bludgeon new batsmen who don't rise to their "high" standards.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz Ahmed knows all the details.

Sarfraz said that Fakhar was his Club mate at Pakistan Cricket Club.

Sarfraz said that Fakhar in his debut U-19 season for Khi was highest runscorer for Khi and than he had to go to Mardan and play his Cricket from there.

As per Basit it was politics of KCCA which meant that Fakhar could not play in Khi. It was Younis Khan who gave him chance from Abbotabad.

This is just a start and he needs to work on his game as he will be analysed more and more with time but an excellent start.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Nobody on Pakpassion had more faith in Fakhar Zaman than @Syed1. Even when Fakhar developed bad habits and tried to play everything through midwicket against pace and preferred leg side even than Syed supported him.

So in Job it was Brendan McCullum and on PP it was Syed1

Ache Buray Waqt ka Saathee

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fakhar zaman is a confident guy and is not like timid babar who looks like a mouse against the bowlers, he looks fearless and is not afraid to play

but he should be a bit more patient and more composed and should not take afridi his role model otherwise he would fall same as afridi after being a good opener with saeed anwar

has some flaws as muhammad yusuf said about his batting and should remove his flaws with hard work

has the capacity to solve pak's opening problem

sharjeel is a goner we dont need to rely on sharjeel and shouldnt hope for him as well

sharjeel will be banned for atleast 1-2 years
    Last edited by Macho Mann; 15th June 2017 at 05:36.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    A blind man can see Fakhar is not comfortable against pace.
    Bump.

Would you say this was a tad overwrought?

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Smacked a four and a six off of Jordan and hit a deft touch boundary through third man of Wahab.

Please don't make a fool out of yourself.
    'Tis much much too late for that.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    Bump.

Would you say this was a tad overwrought?
    As long as the intent is there he'll last. But I see still weaknesses in his game against raw pace.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    do u think his entry to internation circut has been delayed for at least 3 years..

To be honest, it is never easy to decide when the right time is to induct a player in international cricket. You don't want an undercooked or an overcooked player. However, I would like a few of the U-19 stars to be fast-tracked, especially the fast bowlers. Pakistan's F/C cricket is such that almost all bowlers have good stats, so you don't know if the next 20 averaging bowler would turn out be a Hasan Ali or Rahat Ali. However, batting is a more systematic skill and some F/C experience is essential.

Fakhar has played a decent amount of F/C cricket and is the right age, so I'd say he has been given an opportunity at the right time.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, it is never easy to decide when the right time is to induct a player in international cricket. You don't want an undercooked or an overcooked player. However, I would like a few of the U-19 stars to be fast-tracked, especially the fast bowlers. Pakistan's F/C cricket is such that almost all bowlers have good stats, so you don't know if the next 20 averaging bowler would turn out be a Hasan Ali or Rahat Ali. However, batting is a more systematic skill and some F/C experience is essential.

Fakhar has played a decent amount of F/C cricket and is the right age, so I'd say he has been given an opportunity at the right time.
    @Mamoon I like Fakhar's approach and intent but his batting looks limited sometimes and reflexes are down, Also not very pleasing sometimes.

How do you see him? I think he will be good in ODIs and T20s, But surely not an option for tests like Martin Guptil.

Fakhar seems to be level headed.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon I like Fakhar's approach and intent but his batting looks limited sometimes and reflexes are down, Also not very pleasing sometimes.

How do you see him? I think he will be good in ODIs and T20s, But surely not an option for tests like Martin Guptil.

Fakhar seems to be level headed.
    Intent can make up for a lot of flaws. That is why I am disappointed with Shehzad because he doesn't even try to play for the team. As long as Fakhar is willing to not put a price on his wicket and play shots when the ball is in his zone, he will find ways to score runs.

However, if he starts playing for his position and goes into his shell, all the technical problems and other issues in his batting will come to the fore. That is why I am becoming to worry about Babar. Yes he played well against England, but he has been batting in the same mode as Shehzad, Azhar and Hafeez, and is blocking deliveries that he used to dispatch for four.

Yes he doesn't look like a Test player at this point, but that is not a problem because he is not required for that format either. Azhar, Shehzad and Sami are the three openers we need to move forward with.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his first impression as a number 6 in t20's was horrible. leg side hoicks with literally no timing.

his second coming has been refreshing and amazing to see. i am not sure how long will he be doing this - professional sport is a very difficult and different place and longevity is very hard to obtain.

i want sharjeel's case to be concluded and hopefully he isn't guilty and it would be fun to see sharjeel and fakhar open together.

one dispatching short deliveries to the boundary, the other putting pitched up deliveries to the fence. that would be some necessary fun that we need.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intent can make up for a lot of flaws. That is why I am disappointed with Shehzad because he doesn't even try to play for the team. As long as Fakhar is willing to not put a price on his wicket and play shots when the ball is in his zone, he will find ways to score runs.

However, if he starts playing for his position and goes into his shell, all the technical problems and other issues in his batting will come to the fore. That is why I am becoming to worry about Babar. Yes he played well against England, but he has been batting in the same mode as Shehzad, Azhar and Hafeez, and is blocking deliveries that he used to dispatch for four.

Yes he doesn't look like a Test player at this point, but that is not a problem because he is not required for that format either. Azhar, Shehzad and Sami are the three openers we need to move forward with.
    @Mamoon There are batsmen who have presence at the crease, They make opposition panic and sometimes even make mistakes. The presence seems to be due to his intent and the way he has been scoring, His batting method and approach looks good as well since he tries to rush in for singles to ensure that he doesn't play for balls.

I like Fakhar's presence at the crease, Till the time he has been there, We've been scoring at very good run rate.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Ahmed Shehzad also needs to watch Fakhar's batting highlights, He has been hit on the head many times but never bogged down to any bowler, You need to back yourself when you are batting and this is very good approach by Fakhar.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about giving him oppurtunity in test cricket..his agression is needed there..azhar should come at one down and sami and fakhar as openers..

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    what about giving him oppurtunity in test cricket..his agression is needed there..azhar should come at one down and sami and fakhar as openers..
    We need a more dynamic middle-order in Tests, time to induct Haris. Tuk tuk openers are not a big problem in Tests. Azhar is too slow for number 3, need to back Babar at that position.

Shehzad's SR for Tests is fine as well.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a more dynamic middle-order in Tests, time to induct Haris. Tuk tuk openers are not a big problem in Tests. Azhar is too slow for number 3, need to back Babar at that position.

Shehzad's SR for Tests is fine as well.
    Agree with you, Babar is best at #3 in test matches no need to have Azhar back there it will be a very poor move. Hopefully he can find his feet soon there, I feel test matches will be Babar Azam's best format.

Shehzad is decent in test matches but in my opinion Sami Aslam is a better option for a number of reasons, First of all he is a left hander and to have a left hander in the top order is always a plus, Secondly he has very good temperament even better than Shehzad and lastly I feel he can be more fluent than Shehzad while being much more solid and composed, Don't see Fakhar being viable option for test matches but Sami Aslam has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps up good work.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Agree with you, Babar is best at #3 in test matches no need to have Azhar back there it will be a very poor move. Hopefully he can find his feet soon there, I feel test matches will be Babar Azam's best format.

Shehzad is decent in test matches but in my opinion Sami Aslam is a better option for a number of reasons, First of all he is a left hander and to have a left hander in the top order is always a plus, Secondly he has very good temperament even better than Shehzad and lastly I feel he can be more fluent than Shehzad while being much more solid and composed, Don't see Fakhar being viable option for test matches but Sami Aslam has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps up good work.
    Yes Tests should be Babar's best format. Sami is one for the future, but dropping him after the Australian tour was an important wake up call. He was regressing as a batsman and was showing zero intent to score runs. However, he took it on the chin and did very well in the Pakistan Cup. He needs to replace Masood in the squad for the next series.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Tests should be Babar's best format. Sami is one for the future, but dropping him after the Australian tour was an important wake up call. He was regressing as a batsman and was showing zero intent to score runs. However, he took it on the chin and did very well in the Pakistan Cup. He needs to replace Masood in the squad for the next series.
    Out of openers in Pakistan Cup, I liked Sahibzada Farhan the most followed by Sami Aslam. I think Farhan can even make it in all 3 formats, Might get test call up later but soon will play for Pakistan in Limited Overs. Ideally he should be picked soon because with domestic coaches there is him screwing up like Nauman Anwar who looked class.

Together with Fakhar he did put up very good opening partnership for Balochistan, Looked very good against pace and spin, Also very proficient in cut/hook. I do think he should open with Fakhar for Pakistan as well. Inzi needs to get his act right as well

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Dream come true. hope he continues in the same way on Sunday.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Brilliant Champions Trophy Final century shows Pakistan's Fakhar Zaman was right to ditch Navy career

Former sailor Fakhar Zaman pushed the boat out to score a brilliant century for Pakistan in the Champions Trophy Final – only five years after his first official 50-over match.

Zaman, whose first name means “pride” or “glory” in Urdu, went toe-to-toe with the Indian bowling attack to reach 114 from just 106 deliveries at The Kia Oval on Sunday. It helped Pakistan set India – the holders and heavy favourites – a target of 339 to retain their title.

Zaman's fearlessness and unorthodox approach is pure Pakistan. He was caught behind off a Jasprit Bumrah no-ball when he had scored only three. He then ran out his opening partner, Azhar Ali, by refusing to leave the non-striker’s end when there appeared to be a single available.

Many batsmen would have crumbled after making such a mistake, but Zaman was inspired. He struck a six off Ravi Ashwin, then another off Ravi Jadeja in the following over – which was caught in the crowd at the Vauxhall End. He also collected three fours as India's expert spinners were taken for 33 in 12 deliveries.

Zaman reached his first one-day international hundred – in only his fifth match – with a powerful sweep. Pakistan supporters screamed their delight and waved national flags. Zaman raced towards the pavilion, removing his helmet and leaping for joy. He then knelt and kissed the turf, as about half of the India fielders applauded.

Yet Zaman’s back story is as compelling as his innings. During his childhood in northern Pakistan, Zaman’s family encouraged the boy to ignore cricket and concentrate on his education. He joined the Navy in 2007 and remained for six years.

“I thought my life career would be the Pakistan Navy and I would be playing a bit of cricket in my spare time,” Zaman told the Pakpassion website. “But I was struggling to combine the two and I had to make a tough decision and choose one of them as a career.

“When I was in the Navy they identified me as a promising cricketer and I played for the Pakistan Navy team, but the coaches there felt that I had the potential to play cricket professionally.”

During his service, Pakistan won the 2009 World Twenty20 and reached the semi-finals of the 2011 World Cup in India. Three of their players – Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Asif and Salman Butt – were jailed for their role in the spot-fixing scandal that spoiled the Lord’s Test against England in 2010. Few knew of Zaman and his abundant potential – though Azam Khan, a coach at the Navy Academy, had spotted it.

Azam’s influence was crucial. Zaman left the Navy in 2013 and started to play regional cricket for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Abbottabad Falcons and Balochistan. The breakthrough came this year, when Zaman impressed Pakistan coach Mickey Arthur during a three-day training camp in Lahore in March, arranged for the best domestic players.

He made his debut later that month, in a Twenty20 international against West Indies in Trinidad. He batted in the middle order and scored only five, but Arthur had decided he liked what he saw.

The Champions Trophy in England was around the corner and Arthur thought he had found the man to give Pakistan’s batting the speedy start it had lacked for too long.

How sound his judgement has been, as Zaman ends the tournament with 252 runs, with two half-centuries to go with his hundred.

When Zaman made his 50-over debut in February 2012, there was little suggestion of what would follow. Playing for Karachi Zebras against Multan Lions at the National Stadium in Karachi, he made 10 from 22 deliveries, opening the batting. Indeed, his partner that day, Bedram Khan, caught the eye with 129 from 118 balls.

“I miss not being in the Navy,” Zaman added. “But I think I have made the right decision in becoming a professional cricketer.” Nobody who watched him here could possibly disagree.
    http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/cric...-a3567591.html

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think his dream is about to come true.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he is plays for Pakistan now