Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Excellent Interview on TV.

He is humble, grounded and sensible.

He understands his limitations, knows his weaknesses and he says that He will work even more harder and will avail NCA facilities. He is keen to work on mastering Hook & Pull aswell.

He has excellent attitude & work ethics.

May Allah bless his efforts and give him more success. Aameen.

I love honest hard working people. InshaAllah He will improve further and make Cricket a very handy professional career for himself aswell as his family & nation.

Thank you to Mike Hussey's key advice and thank you to McXullum & Pady Upton aswell.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 23rd June 2017 at 03:05.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there is a lot of maturity in the way he conducts himself in front of the media. Once can find his official twitter account. Watch out their is a take one. The official one has links to live video streams.

In one of those videos he said he is going to celebrate till Eid day then it is going to be back to working on cricket and hopefully we will get to see better performances in the future.

I wish him all the best. Hopefully with the international exposure and the sport facilities that are open to him he can improve his game.

For me he has already played the series of a lifetime.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Excellent Interview on TV.

He is humble, grounded and sensible.

He understands his limitations, knows his weaknesses and he says that He will work even more harder and will avail NCA facilities. He is keen to work on mastering Hook & Pull aswell.

He has excellent attitude & work ethics.

May Allah bless his efforts and give him more success. Aameen.

I love honest hard working people. InshaAllah He will improve further and make Cricket a very handy professional career for himself aswell as his family & nation.

Thank you to Mike Hussey's key advice and thank you to McXullum & Pady Upton aswell.
    In his he interview he also gave credit to Aqib javed for supporting him. He said that when he got selected for CT squad he phoned Aqib asking him for help because he wanted to train extra to prepare himself. Aqib in return said he can to Lahore the next day, a hotel room for him will be arranged and he can train at the NCA.

I thought it was a nice gesture by Aqib, especially considering majority of our ex-crickters are up to no good and the fact that fakhar was still a newbie and hadn't had his ODI debut yet.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 23rd June 2017 at 03:25.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    In his he interview he also gave credit to Aqib javed for supporting him. He said that when he got selected for CT squad he phoned Aqib asking him for help because he wanted to train extra to prepare himself. Aqib in return said he can to Lahore the next day, a hotel room for him will be arranged and he can train at the NCA.

I thought it was a nice gesture by Aqib, especially considering majority of our ex-crickters are up to no good and the fact that fakhar was still a newbie and hadn't had his ODI debut yet.

Well done to Aqib. As a person from LQ He waa indeed supposed todo this much for an LQ player selected in national team and He did it.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Yes, there is a lot of maturity in the way he conducts himself in front of the media. Once can find his official twitter account. Watch out their is a take one. The official one has links to live video streams.

In one of those videos he said he is going to celebrate till Eid day then it is going to be back to working on cricket and hopefully we will get to see better performances in the future.

I wish him all the best. Hopefully with the international exposure and the sport facilities that are open to him he can improve his game.

For me he has already played the series of a lifetime.

Pakistan Navy has taught him diacipline. Specific training plus education has matured his brain.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's Fakhar goes from village pariah to 'lord'

Fakhar Zaman was once banned from playing cricket in his village and beaten by his brothers because he was simply too good -- but he has returned a hero after his starring role in Pakistan's Champions Trophy win.

His eyes bright, the tall 27-year-old posed for selfies and was garlanded with flowers as he was welcomed back to his home in Katlang in northwestern Pakistan.

Fakhar said he was still taking it all in after he top-scored with 106 off 114 balls to lead Pakistan to a shock victory over arch-rivals India in the final, after making his ODI debut earlier in the tournament.

"I did not feel much at that time," Fakhar told AFP, referring to Sunday's final in London.

"Then I came here, and people started coming here... They all are giving me love, so now I feel that I have done some great heroics."

Bottom-ranked Pakistan produced a breathtaking display in the climax of a tournament featuring the world's top eight one-day international nations.

They piled up 338 for four, bolstered by left-handed opener Fakhar's maiden hundred, in what was just his fourth one-day international.

His efforts set social media alight during the match, with laudatory articles and memes quickly going viral.

But, Fakhar said, it was not always so: in fact his village once refused to allow him to take part in local cricket games.

"I played one or two hard-ball matches in school and scored some runs. I then became popular in the whole region and people used to say wherever I went that, 'He is a hard-ball player, don't play with him,'" he said.

His brothers even used to beat him up to stop him from playing, elder sibling Asif told AFP sheepishly.

"But he never quit cricket, and has become a hero today," Asif added, joking: "He has become a lord for us".

- Sea change -

Fakhar said he had devoted most of his time to cricket as a child, but had never dreamt of playing beyond club level.

Instead, he wanted to be a navy commando.

"Joining the Pakistan Navy was the biggest turning point in my career," he said.

Recruited as a sailor, he appeared in a forces tournament where navy coach Nazim Khan spotted his talent immediately -- and encouraged him to quit the armed forces to focus on cricket.

"(He) said, 'You can play cricket at a high level,'" Fakhar recalled.

For five years he played in domestic tournaments, but it was his performance with the Lahore Qalandars in the popular Pakistan Super League T20 tournament that prompted national selectors to take notice.

Fakhar got his first cap when he was included in the national T20 side for Pakistan's West Indies tour in March this year.

It was a slow start -- only 26 runs in two innings -- but it was enough to earn a place in the Champions Trophy squad. When regular opener Ahmed Shahzad failed to deliver in Pakistan's opening game, a one-sided defeat to India, Fakhar had his chance.

He grabbed it with both hands, scoring a valuable 31 in his debut game, two half-centuries in the following two matches and the century in the final to guide Pakistan to their historic victory.

Now Pakistan's newest star has no intention of resting on his laurels and, he said proudly, plans to play for his country "for a long time".
    https://cricket.yahoo.com/news/crick...060117532.html

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'll put my hand s up and say I called him a leg-sided slogger. I now see I was wrong and in fact he has more to his game than I realised.

That doesn't mean he won't be found out, but it does mean in the short-term he's a welcome edition.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too pull short pitch deliveries at will is not easy in one day cricket specially against new ball.
    hardly any openers can do it cleanly in world cricket these days but pakistan been blessed with 2 Fakhar and sharjeel and people still call them sloggers is very funny.

only fighters rise up from the dust..

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the guy clearly has a working brain and thats why I have hope for him.

No doubt he has been fortune and tougher challenges await but i think he can work through them

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I'll put my hand s up and say I called him a leg-sided slogger. I now see I was wrong and in fact he has more to his game than I realised.

That doesn't mean he won't be found out, but it does mean in the short-term he's a welcome edition.

See this is the kind of honesty that I requested from folks like @Chief Destroyer, who were going hoarse calling him a leg-side hack and glorified slogger and what not, but not a word from him once Fakhar started performing.

Fakhar sure as hell gave a shut up call to all these PP experts.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    the guy clearly has a working brain and thats why I have hope for him.

No doubt he has been fortune and tougher challenges await but i think he can work through them
    Yes exactly. He showed great temperament throughout the series. For example, he resisted the short ball once an extra fielder was put out on the boundary- showed he is not one-dimensional and actually thinks about his game.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Pakistan's Fakhar goes from village pariah to 'lord'

https://cricket.yahoo.com/news/crick...060117532.html

They reported 106 off 114 ballos when it was the other way around LOL

Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    needs to stop hacking outside the off stump. bit of extra bounce and he looks all at sea

morkel has dismissed him twice in identical fashion .he needs to become more disciplined outside the off stump otherwise his career might be short lived which will be a shame

tries to hit the ball too hard with hard hands. flower needs to work with him on that front.

"To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Hope he continues where he left off in the CT final!

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First ODI match for the legend since that blistering World Cup final century, that still gives Jasjit Bhumrah nightmares

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    43 runs - good score but needs to get that to 70s/80s

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    43 runs - good score but needs to get that to 70s/80s
    He got out after hitting a six on spinner Dananjaya. Babar Azam played too many dots esp. on toothless Perera bowling after hitting for 4 in 11th over. From 12-16.4 overs (point Zaman got out) Babar Azam played 9 dots and made even less runs.
    Can Safely say Fakhar Zaman would've made much more than this if there was an Azhar Ali on non-strikers end instead of selfish azam.