Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 47 of 47
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    4G/3G in Pakistan

    I need some help please. I will probably visiting and need access to reliable Internet. (Sargodha).

    Can you please tell me how good 4G is in Pakistan? What is the average speed? How reliable is it? I would need it for 6-8 hours without any outage (work purposes). Can it be tethered to a laptop or desktop computer? Some providers seem to have usage caps so what happens if you reach this cap. Is it simple to get extra GB's if required.

    Thanks for any help or information.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    15,680
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't bother with 3g.

    Get Zong 4G if it's available in the area you're staying. Can get 20-38mbps speed. Or try Warid 4g if available.

    If 4g isn't there, try Zong and Mobilink 3g.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    23,190
    Mentioned
    1266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Tbh I don't really know how good the 3G 4g will be in villages and small towns

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the answers. I won't be in the village as I can see on the coverage map it's not available. That leaves the city centre area. Do you know if it can tethered to laptop / computer?

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Italia-Deutschland
    Runs
    6,904
    Mentioned
    1359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    4g of 3G Internet is terrible in sargodha .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    4g of 3G Internet is terrible in sargodha .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shame. That doesn't inspire confidence.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    38,549
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quite unfortunate that in this day and age, 3G/4G is not wide spread in Pakistan.

    Sargodha also happens to lie smack in the middle of the most populous province of Pakistan, which means the remote areas will hardly get cell phone signals let alone 3G/4G.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    462
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Quite unfortunate that in this day and age, 3G/4G is not wide spread in Pakistan.

    Sargodha also happens to lie smack in the middle of the most populous province of Pakistan, which means the remote areas will hardly get cell phone signals let alone 3G/4G.
    Syed1, 3G and 4G is not even wide spread in Canada and America let alone Pakistan so lets go easy here. It arrived in Pakistan just a few years back and the penetration has been quite quick.

    Also, how does being in the middle of populous province equates to hardly getting cell phone signals? The premise to this argument is wrong. I have to ask, have you ever been to Pakistan?

    For the OP: Zong is the best 3G+4G provider. I am using Warid currently as i am their really old customer. Their LTE speeds arent that good. Zong has really good LTE speeds which usually cross 30 MBPS easily and has been recently rated by PTA as the best 3G+4G provider as well. So, i would recommend getting their internet only sim if you just want to use data. You might want to check their website for the coverage map.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the answers. As per the coverage map I should be okay in the city centre / main areas. Hopefully it works well as I only need decent speed with reliability (no constant disconnections).

    A separate point about PTCL broadband. The speeds offered seems quite good but do people actually get them as advertised as well as reliability?

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,318
    Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaynM View Post
    Syed1, 3G and 4G is not even wide spread in Canada and America let alone Pakistan so lets go easy here. It arrived in Pakistan just a few years back and the penetration has been quite quick.

    Also, how does being in the middle of populous province equates to hardly getting cell phone signals? The premise to this argument is wrong. I have to ask, have you ever been to Pakistan?

    For the OP: Zong is the best 3G+4G provider. I am using Warid currently as i am their really old customer. Their LTE speeds arent that good. Zong has really good LTE speeds which usually cross 30 MBPS easily and has been recently rated by PTA as the best 3G+4G provider as well. So, i would recommend getting their internet only sim if you just want to use data. You might want to check their website for the coverage map.
    3G has been prevalent in the modern world for a long time, it's only 4G that has been introduced recently and hasn't been covered everywhere yet.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,318
    Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I don't know about the rest of Pakistan, but on my visit last year there was 4G in Islamabad.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    135
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sargodha? Awesome dude. Visited that place last year (relatives from there). I was using Zong with good speeds and DSL had good speeds too.

    You should be fine depending on where in the city you are staying. Electricity outage could cause problems for that duration in between perhaps? Since it's for work.

    Where in Sargodha are you visiting? I stayed by the Base.
    Last edited by emm-tee; 29th April 2016 at 05:51. Reason: Typo

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emm-tee View Post
    Sargodha? Awesome dude. Visited that place last year (relatives from there). I was using Zong with good speeds and DSL had good speeds too.

    You should be fine depending on where in the city you are staying. Electricity outage could cause problems for that duration in between perhaps? Since it's for work.

    Where in Sargodha are you visiting? I stayed by the Base.
    Relatives are near silanwali road in one of the chaks but would be in the town area to make this work considering unavailable outside of city centre area.

    Mostly worried about the electricity outage. If I had the mobile Internet connected to a laptop then I assume it wouldn't be an issue until the battery died. A backup electricity source could help to avoid outage via DSL. A few things to consider.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zong 4g Is best , i am using it now.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    43
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The networks should think about 4G in AJK where most expats holiday

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    30,341
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So which provider is the best and most reliable?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    6,951
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    So which provider is the best and most reliable?
    Idk about Karachi but in Lahore, Zong is definitely the best. I get 4G pretty much all around DHA.

    One thing I know is never get Ufone No 4G and the 3G is extremely slow.
    Last edited by babajee; 13th April 2018 at 03:55.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,277
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    So which provider is the best and most reliable?
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Idk about Karachi but in Lahore, Zong is definitely the best. I get 4G pretty much all around DHA.

    One thing I know is never get Ufone No 4G and the 3G is extremely slow.
    Yes, I would agree. In Lahore Zong is the best. I'm sure in Karachi it would be the same?

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    38,549
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    So which provider is the best and most reliable?
    Is Warid still around? I heard it got acquired by Mobilink or Zong. Now when I go I just use Jazz, since everybody else in my family has that.



    Aj kal ke bachay kya jaanay 100 ruppay ke package mein 5000 sms or free late night calling


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    30,341
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Is Warid still around? I heard it got acquired by Mobilink or Zong. Now when I go I just use Jazz, since everybody else in my family has that.



    Aj kal ke bachay kya jaanay 100 ruppay ke package mein 5000 sms or free late night calling
    What is SMS, I only know MBs

    Your endorsement of Jazz isn't very convincing.

    So... Zong?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    38,549
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    What is SMS, I only know MBs

    Your endorsement of Jazz isn't very convincing.

    So... Zong?
    Yeah Zong is generally accepted as the best network.... just follow the crowd, they have the highest number of subscribers means they must be doing something right.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    6,951
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Zong is pretty cheap as well - I think you can get 10gb data for 600 rupees.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    30,341
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Yeah Zong is generally accepted as the best network.... just follow the crowd, they have the highest number of subscribers means they must be doing something right.
    They were pretty far down the pecking order when I left. Definitely must be doing something right to have come so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Zong is pretty cheap as well - I think you can get 10gb data for 600 rupees.
    Sounds good. A lot cheaper than here, and we don't even have 4G


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    18,845
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Zong is pretty cheap as well - I think you can get 10gb data for 600 rupees.
    That sounds fairly expensive, does it not? In India on Airtel for example, you pay 229 monthly for a pre-paid Airtel connection where you get among other things, 1.4GB data per day.

    I myself have a postpaid connection and I pay, inclusive of tax, Rs. 533 and get 40GB of data for the month.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    6,951
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    That sounds fairly expensive, does it not? In India on Airtel for example, you pay 229 monthly for a pre-paid Airtel connection where you get among other things, 1.4GB data per day.

    I myself have a postpaid connection and I pay, inclusive of tax, Rs. 533 and get 40GB of data for the month.
    I live in UK now where you have to pay more than £15 a month for 10gb data

    So for me itís quite cheap relatively.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    6,467
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warid LTE was amazing but than the blunder of Mobilink and Warid merger happened and the speed is gone really slow thank to the load. Telenor >> Zong >>> Mobilink >>>>>> Ufone

    Get the Telenor 4G Wingle and the use the package of 75gb/month that costs 2200 rupees/month

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    7,262
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in Pak during Aug/Sept/2017- I had no idea how mobile system worked there and got myself a ufone sim and man it was a garbage network. I dreaded opening internet. I was in Isb/Rwp area and ufone sucked!

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in Pak recently too and used a Telenor sim. It seemed alright and coverage was decent. 1.5GB for selected hours at 15 rupees seems crazy. Good app functionality. I thought instead of creating a new thread I would ask here about home Internet. Is it quite stable or do you guys have dropouts? I am talking about town centre location.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moh12 View Post
    I was in Pak recently too and used a Telenor sim. It seemed alright and coverage was decent. 1.5GB for selected hours at 15 rupees seems crazy. Good app functionality. I thought instead of creating a new thread I would ask here about home Internet. Is it quite stable or do you guys have dropouts? I am talking about town centre location.
    The issue with Telenorís, or any mobile networkís home internet is that the coverage is very limited.

    You need to carry the device around with you to every room if you want uninterrupted connectivity.

    I think it is great for an individual but not for a family. The best internet service provider in Pakistan is Nayatel.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The issue with Telenorís, or any mobile networkís home internet is that the coverage is very limited.

    You need to carry the device around with you to every room if you want uninterrupted connectivity.

    I think it is great for an individual but not for a family. The best internet service provider in Pakistan is Nayatel.
    Thanks for your input. Do you experience downtime with Nayatel at home? If so, how often? I'm not sure they are available in Sargodha.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moh12 View Post
    Thanks for your input. Do you experience downtime with Nayatel at home? If so, how often? I'm not sure they are available in Sargodha.
    My experience with Nayatel has been excellent. No issues at all.

    Yes I donít think it is available in Sarghoda.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    7,262
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mobile coverage in Pakistan is bad. I mean very bad.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP View Post
    Mobile coverage in Pakistan is bad. I mean very bad.
    It was pretty good on the motorway between LHE and ISB. In the remote areas getting a signal was hard. I had a spare phone and turned hotspot on. Putting it in the right place allowed a pretty good connection considering in the middle of the countryside.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    38,549
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP View Post
    Mobile coverage in Pakistan is bad. I mean very bad.
    What part of Pakistan are you talking about?


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  35. #35
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    653
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The issue with Telenor’s, or any mobile network’s home internet is that the coverage is very limited.

    You need to carry the device around with you to every room if you want uninterrupted connectivity.

    I think it is great for an individual but not for a family. The best internet service provider in Pakistan is Nayatel.
    Yes, relying on wireless internet for home is not advisable. I have a fiber connection at home in addition to my Reliance Jio 4G which gives 1.5 GB per day, unlimited calls and SMS at INR 400 or PKR 800 for 3 months pack, so around INR 130 or PKR 260 per month.

    Is Nayatel copper or fiber? what is the plan you get?

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    38,549
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Was in Karachi recently and purchased a Jazz SIM with 4G activated. The package I got was 4 GB data for Rs. 300 and if the 4 GB is used up you can just pay 300 more and top it up, no overlimit charges, no hidden fees. The Rs. 300 translates to roughly 3 Canadian Dollars. To give a little perspective I pay $55 here in Canada for 8 GB data.

    The data speeds I was getting were also comparable to Canada, often times I was just using data at home as well since our Wifi was a bit shoddy.


    Thoroughly impressed with the telecom industry in Pak.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    Yes, relying on wireless internet for home is not advisable. I have a fiber connection at home in addition to my Reliance Jio 4G which gives 1.5 GB per day, unlimited calls and SMS at INR 400 or PKR 800 for 3 months pack, so around INR 130 or PKR 260 per month.

    Is Nayatel copper or fiber? what is the plan you get?
    Fiber.

    I pay PKR 5,000 for 100 GB @ 30 Mbps. More than sufficient for my needs since I donít download much.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,825
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The issue with Telenor’s, or any mobile network’s home internet is that the coverage is very limited.

    You need to carry the device around with you to every room if you want uninterrupted connectivity.

    I think it is great for an individual but not for a family. The best internet service provider in Pakistan is Nayatel.
    I have something this new service called Transworld which is only offered to Defence Housing Authority residents as of now and it is unbelievable. It's a company operating in the gulf and has just come to Pakistan. Way cheaper than Nayatel and 20 Mbs faster.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    653
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Fiber.

    I pay PKR 5,000 for 100 GB @ 30 Mbps. More than sufficient for my needs since I don’t download much.
    That's very expensive for just 100 GB, do you live in a small city in Pakistan? I live in a Tier 2 or smaller city in India and there are no big fiber companies here, still my local fiber company gives me 50 Mbps per month at INR 1500 or PKR 3000 and that is unlimited with my connection crossing 1TB/ 1000 GB many months.

    The bigger cities have prices which are at least 50% lower and the Big Reliance Jio Fiber is going to be launched this year in all cities small or big, so my local fibre guy has assured me that he will raise my connection to 100 Mbps unlimited within 2019.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    7,262
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    What part of Pakistan are you talking about?
    Isb/Rwp

    Iím using Zong LTE and its nowhere near the North American standard. And forget about the 3G.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    That's very expensive for just 100 GB, do you live in a small city in Pakistan? I live in a Tier 2 or smaller city in India and there are no big fiber companies here, still my local fiber company gives me 50 Mbps per month at INR 1500 or PKR 3000 and that is unlimited with my connection crossing 1TB/ 1000 GB many months.

    The bigger cities have prices which are at least 50% lower and the Big Reliance Jio Fiber is going to be launched this year in all cities small or big, so my local fibre guy has assured me that he will raise my connection to 100 Mbps unlimited within 2019.
    I live in a provincial capital. The problem for us is that there is very little competition, so the few companies that we have can rip off its customers.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    I have something this new service called Transworld which is only offered to Defence Housing Authority residents as of now and it is unbelievable. It's a company operating in the gulf and has just come to Pakistan. Way cheaper than Nayatel and 20 Mbs faster.
    I think I have heard about it. Few years down the line, internet will be dirt cheap here. There is going to be considerable growth.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    10,476
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I live in a provincial capital. The problem for us is that there is very little competition, so the few companies that we have can rip off its customers.
    India was same. Until the arrival of jio which disrupted the whole market.

    Now I am on a plan of 3gb per day for 3 months at the cost of $8.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    653
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Was in Karachi recently and purchased a Jazz SIM with 4G activated. The package I got was 4 GB data for Rs. 300 and if the 4 GB is used up you can just pay 300 more and top it up, no overlimit charges, no hidden fees. The Rs. 300 translates to roughly 3 Canadian Dollars. To give a little perspective I pay $55 here in Canada for 8 GB data.

    The data speeds I was getting were also comparable to Canada, often times I was just using data at home as well since our Wifi was a bit shoddy.

    Thoroughly impressed with the telecom industry in Pak.
    But you cannot compare the telecom pricing of Pakistan with other developed countries like Canada, US etc, you have to compare with other developing countries like India, Bangladesh etc.

    I have Reliance Jio 4G and the pricing is INR 130 or PKR 260 or 2.4 canadian dollars for 45 GB 4G Data, Unlimited calls and SMS for the month. Along with this i also get free access to apps like Jio TV which shows all TV channels on the move, Jio music/Saavn and Jio Cinema app which have latest songs and movies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I live in a provincial capital. The problem for us is that there is very little competition, so the few companies that we have can rip off its customers.
    Capital cities should have better plans, In the future more competition will finish off players who are such a huge Rip off, I give two years tops for such pitiful plans disappearing.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    653
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    India was same. Until the arrival of jio which disrupted the whole market.

    Now I am on a plan of 3gb per day for 3 months at the cost of $8.
    That 100 GB per month plan he is talking about is on Fiber not mobile plan, the mobile pricing is posted by the people in the above posts.

    In India, till now Big cities had cheap fiber connections, with Jio fiber launch this year even smaller cities will get awesome fiber pricing, 2019 will be the year crashing fiber prices all over India just like 2016 was 4G revolution and price crash.

    My Local fibre guy in a small city is already scared and has promised to increased by speeds from 50 to 100 Mbps within 2019. Anyway too less data limit on fibre is meaningless, i routinely cross 1TB data per month, but for most people i guess 500GB should be enough.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,825
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I think I have heard about it. Few years down the line, internet will be dirt cheap here. There is going to be considerable growth.
    I would hope so. The internet speeds need to improve on the mass scale and the internet needs to be made more accessible throughout Pakistan, like the Northern areas of Gilgit-Baltistan. People are educated and sensible up there and I am sure they'd use the internet for better purposes than a lot of people in bigger cities.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    10,476
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    That 100 GB per month plan he is talking about is on Fiber not mobile plan, the mobile pricing is posted by the people in the above posts.

    In India, till now Big cities had cheap fiber connections, with Jio fiber launch this year even smaller cities will get awesome fiber pricing, 2019 will be the year crashing fiber prices all over India just like 2016 was 4G revolution and price crash.

    My Local fibre guy in a small city is already scared and has promised to increased by speeds from 50 to 100 Mbps within 2019. Anyway too less data limit on fibre is meaningless, i routinely cross 1TB data per month, but for most people i guess 500GB should be enough.
    I am still holding on Vodafone 4g for its speed. I am not that high user so 3gb per day does most work.

    If i need more, I use the night unlimited data where I can download average 50 gb between 1 to 6am (the tower is very near my home).

    But am waiting for jio fiber. There isn't even one provider in my city. I have high hopes from jio that it will actually provide to the masses than airtel which always limits it to bigger cities.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •