Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 174
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rishabh Pant : Performance Watch

    I saw him in the U19 world cup and he looked a very good player in that tournament. Was timing the ball beautifully and bludgeoning the ball to all parts of the ground. Played two blistering knocks twice, hitting a century once and scored the fastest ever fifty in the U19 world cup in an another knock, both admittedly coming against weak oppositions.

    Looks equally comfortable on both sides of the wicket and straight down the ground, times the ball beautifully and hits the ball a fair distance for his age. He looked a bit vulnerable against genuine fast bowling in the world cup but than can be improved. Otherwise he looks in complete ease against every other bowling. Think he'll be the mainstay of the Indian team in the near future playing as an opener.

    Watch out for this youngsta beauty

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,667
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has dravid as a guide. Can't ask for better man.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    3,162
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was the leading run-getter in all U-19 bilateral & tri-series prior to WC. Fortunately for him, Delhi does not have a great wicketkeeper atm. So, hes almost certain to get chances in Ranji & other domestic tourneys. I wish he gets selected in the India A side as a keeper alongside Samson.
    Last edited by Abhilash93; 3rd May 2016 at 17:52.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,933
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very good timer of the ball, hope he is used as opener more. Him and de kock will be dangerous if both get going.

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,277
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing about Pant is that he is also a Keeper. If he pans out, India has hit Jackpot.

    I am not sold on Samson yet. He is talented no doubt about that. But he has the determination of a 5 year old kid. Can easily rattle him.


    Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

  6. #6
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,742
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is the worst keeper i have seen on TV and that includes ,should be tried as an opener though that too only in domestic because he has arrogance and attitude issues which might prevent him to improve.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a talent to watch out for. He is the only good batsman from the under 19 team along with sarfaraz.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,539
    Mentioned
    2039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Saw him in U19 WC, terrible keeper he is along with terrible attitude.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,667
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Terrible attitude as a 19 year old is good for you

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    48,087
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Somebody should stitch his mouth like they did to Deadpool in X-Men:Wolverine and he could be a super soldier.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,415
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like him as a player.

    He is the next-gen kinda player. Doesn't give two hoots about the rest of the world but goes on merrily about their business.

    I have no idea though why people are saying that he has terrible attitude.


    it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    48,087
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    Like him as a player.

    He is the next-gen kinda player. Doesn't give two hoots about the rest of the world but goes on merrily about their business.

    I have no idea though why people are saying that he has terrible attitude.
    Was too vocal while keeping. Kinda like little mushy baby.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    Like him as a player.

    He is the next-gen kinda player. Doesn't give two hoots about the rest of the world but goes on merrily about their business.

    I have no idea though why people are saying that he has terrible attitude.
    He has a bad attitude not in the sense that he was cussing at players but he was very lethargic and lacked seriousness on the field which is very unlike of a player coached by Dravid.

    During the U19 world cup match vs Sri Lanka, he was very flippant and lackadaisical while keeping. Also appealed a lot and dropped a few catches too. He needs to improve his keeping very much and also change his attitude to the game. Because I can see him making the senior Indian team in two years if he keeps his head down and works sincerely. Times the ball sweetly and the ball just flies off the middle of the bat for an 18 year old. He has already shown signs that he can be much better than Dhawan as an opener.

    DD is playing today, watch out for the youngsta beauty tonight
    Last edited by street cricketer; 5th May 2016 at 10:18.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,415
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Was too vocal while keeping. Kinda like little mushy baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    He has a bad attitude not in the sense that he was cussing at players but he was very lethargic and lacked seriousness on the field which is very unlike of a player coached by Dravid.

    During the U19 world cup match vs Sri Lanka, he was very flippant and lackadaisical while keeping. Also appealed a lot and dropped a few catches too. He needs to improve his keeping very much and also change his attitude to the game. Because I can see him making the senior Indian team in two years if he keeps his head down and works sincerely. Times the ball sweetly and the ball just flies off the middle of the bat for an 18 year old. He has already shown signs that he can be much better than Dhawan as an opener.

    DD is playing today, watch out for the youngsta beauty tonight
    If he actually scores a few runs and manages to stay in the IPL team, he'd sort out the attitude problem.

    The boy can hit, now it's just about to see if he can hit top quality bowlers or just minor trundlers at U-19 level.


    it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    48,087
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    If he actually scores a few runs and manages to stay in the IPL team, he'd sort out the attitude problem.

    The boy can hit, now it's just about to see if he can hit top quality bowlers or just minor trundlers at U-19 level.
    Yeah.

    Good thing about Indian cricket is that the emphasis on discipline is high. I am sure Pant will be booted in the if he doesn't sort out his attitude.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    3,162
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    He has a bad attitude not in the sense that he was cussing at players but he was very lethargic and lacked seriousness on the field which is very unlike of a player coached by Dravid.



    During the U19 world cup match vs Sri Lanka, he was very flippant and lackadaisical while keeping. Also appealed a lot and dropped a few catches too. He needs to improve his keeping very much and also change his attitude to the game. Because I can see him making the senior Indian team in two years if he keeps his head down and works sincerely. Times the ball sweetly and the ball just flies off the middle of the bat for an 18 year old. He has already shown signs that he can be much better than Dhawan as an opener.



    DD is playing today, watch out for the youngsta beauty tonight

    He wasn't making any noise in the group stage matches, might have been a strategy.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Came today at a tricky situation in the chase and just started hitting non chalantly very good bowlers like Nehra, Mustafizur and Bhuvi out of the park.

    Showing some great potential already the youngsta beauty

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,933
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One thing with India youngster beauty they will keep learning and trying to improve. Pant looks good so far

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,415
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Came today at a tricky situation in the chase and just started hitting non chalantly very good bowlers like Nehra, Mustafizur and Bhuvi out of the park.

    Showing some great potential already the youngsta beauty
    I'm already sold on him.

    Saw one over of the match when Mustafizur was bowling to him and that six over long-on was just brutal.

    A bold prediction - he is going to be the next super start in a couple of years.


    it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    I'm already sold on him.

    Saw one over of the match when Mustafizur was bowling to him and that six over long-on was just brutal.

    A bold prediction - he is going to be the next super start in a couple of years.
    Yup I earmarked him to make the Indian team in two years. Making some very good progress.

    If it were upto me, I would take him ahead of Dhawan with both hands already

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,772
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Pant was a hack and Sarfaraz was the real deal. It looks like both of them are terrific prospects for India. They need to get that baby fat out fast before even dreaming about that Indian slot.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,415
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Yup I earmarked him to make the Indian team in two years. Making some very good progress.

    If it were upto me, I would take him ahead of Dhawan with both hands already
    With you on this.

    If not in the 11 - he and Sarfaraz should both be in the 16. Tbh, with Raina on a downward curve and Dhoni not being his best, India needs some big hitters to reduce pressure from Kohli and Sharma.

    If they were Pakistani - they'd be superstars already.


    it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,892
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    India's got a good one in Pant. Nice shots from him today, but what about that blunder with QdeKock.


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,593
    Mentioned
    918 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The next Dhoni probably. India should handle him with care, could be a dynamite player.

    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    India's got a good one in Pant. Nice shots from him today, but what about that blunder with QdeKock.
    QDock is unstoppable. He's the unstoppable force in intl cricket these days. Best undisputed wickie batsman these days.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,892
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    The next Dhoni probably. India should handle him with care, could be a dynamite player.



    QDock is unstoppable. He's the unstoppable force in intl cricket these days. Best undisputed wickie batsman these days.
    My favorite SAF player.


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,593
    Mentioned
    918 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    But yeah this pant kid has already mastered the Asian mastermind / Akram 2.0 Mustafizur in his first game, so must me something truly special

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing special. I like Rana.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,613
    Mentioned
    1577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now all they need to do is find a Shirt


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,772
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    Nothing special. I like Rana.
    You a fan of Rana Naveed?

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good prospect. Btw, does anyone know if he is from Kumaon or Garhwal?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,515
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another Delhi batsman.. Phew.. there are so many of them these days..

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    You a fan of Rana Naveed?
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...er/604527.html

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,772
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    I see. Good stats for a young lad

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    2,399
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    I thought Pant was a hack and Sarfaraz was the real deal. It looks like both of them are terrific prospects for India. They need to get that baby fat out fast before even dreaming about that Indian slot.
    One of them is already out of the team due to fitness issues.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    I see. Good stats for a young lad
    In his first match in the IPL, he hit a sweetly timed upper cut over the third man for a six, that was so effortless.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    In his first match in the IPL, he hit a sweetly timed upper cut over the third man for a six, that was so effortless.
    I'll have an eye on him. Didn't watch him in the last match.

    But Pant is the real deal I say

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    I'll have an eye on him. Didn't watch him in the last match.

    But Pant is the real deal I say
    Na, Rana is better.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bhaijaan is never wrong with spotting talent

    Pant has had a fantastic start to his first class career with 2 successive centuries now and both coming at a SR of 90+.

    Thought he will make the team in 2 years, might make it in a year at this rate.

    A fight between Pant and Samson for the wicketkeeper place after Dhoni retires from LOIs.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,943
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Bhaijaan is never wrong with spotting talent

    Pant has had a fantastic start to his first class career with 2 successive centuries now and both coming at a SR of 90+.

    Thought he will make the team in 2 years, might make it in a year at this rate.

    A fight between Pant and Samson for the wicketkeeper place after Dhoni retires from LOIs.
    By the time Dhoni retires Pant and Samson will be busy feeding their kids

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,943
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BTW, i never really been a fan of Sanju Samson. Not really a great prospect. Pant is a different prospect altogether. One to look out for the future.

  41. #41
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,673
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pant uses his brain while playing big shots. Samson is a bigger hitter. But he has become a blind slogger. Throws his wicket away easily.

    Pant is ahead of Samson at this point.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ends his innings with a final score of 308 off just 326 balls at a strike rate of 94.5.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,824
    Mentioned
    1176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Tripple Hundred at the age of 19.


    One for the Future. (It seems)

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Azamgarh, U.P, India
    Runs
    254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Batsman, Poor Wicket Keeper.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    De Kock was fast tracked into the south african team when he showed immense potential at the junior levels.

    I won't mind Pant getting a game for India even if it's a dead rubber.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    508
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Think india should be investing in young players like this guy then recalling players like Ghambir

  47. #47
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,824
    Mentioned
    1176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Does he hold a record for fastest to 1000 Fc runs in terms of balls faced ?

    SR of 103 ?

    OMG


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Does he hold a record for fastest to 1000 Fc runs in terms of balls faced ?

    SR of 103 ?

    OMG
    Don't want to overhype the guy and hope the guy doesn't lose his head among all the hype.

    But he's clearly talented from whatever I've seen of him. He's a very clean and effortless timer of the ball and the ball just flies off his bat with just his timing. Definitely not a hack, very few batsmen actually picked Mustafizur in the IPL but he started attacking him in his very first match. He will probably get tested by pace and swing. But if he can do half the job in our test team that De Kock does for South Africa, it would be fantastic.
    Last edited by street cricketer; 6th January 2017 at 12:08.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,824
    Mentioned
    1176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Don't want to overhype the guy and hope the guy doesn't lose his head among all the hype.

    But he's clearly talented from whatever I've seen of him. He's a very clean and effortless timer of the ball and the ball just flies off his bat with just his timing. Definitely not a hack, very few batsmen actually picked Mustafizur in the IPL but he started attacking him in his very first match. He will probably get tested by pace and swing. But if he can do half the job in our test team that De Kock does for South Africa, it would be fantastic.

    One of the great batsman Sunil Gavaskar has said that had Dhoni retired from Internation Cricket He Sunil would have given " Dharna " infront of his home. Sunil went on to say that Dhoni has alot of Cricket still left in him as a player. Is it right ? There isn't any decline in last two years in Dhoni's batting ? Why has Sunil said this in yout view ?

    Pant is very skilled and it's all about not losing head. Given the start he has seen at an Age of 19 he looks well set to achieve big. Only few have lost there head in India.

    Scoring 1000 Fc runs in your first 10 Fc matches with 4 hundreds including a triple hundred, averaging 72 with a SR of 103 is outstanding and very rare. Every great player has been tested by pace and bounce.
    Last edited by jeetu; 1st February 2017 at 07:06.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  50. #50
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    One of the great batsman Sunil Gavaskar has said that had Dhoni retired from Internation Cricket He Sunil would have given " Dharna " infront of his home. Sunil went on to say that Dhoni has alot of Cricket still left in him as a player. Is it right ? There isn't any decline in last two years in Dhoni's batting ? Why has Sunil said this in yout view ?
    Gavaskar himself has said on air that he doesn't like watching cricket matches generally after his retirement apart from the matches he commentates. Although he commentates for most of Indian matches, looks like he hasn't spotted the clear decline in MSD's batting. Will take that with a pinch of salt.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is one debut I look forward to. The hype around him has been insane, and his FC performances have exceeded the already high expectations.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    10,884
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw him in the U-19 WC in Bangladesh.Really talented guy.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some amazing numbers from Pant. IIRC, Iyer had a similar stats last season which a comparatively low scoring.

    Looking forward to him. Will only form opinion after watching him.

  54. #54
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,742
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is not as athletic as De Kock,terrible keeper but I feel he could be mentally stronger,only time will tell and the position is going to be open soon ,lets see who makes hay!


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,360
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    By the time Dhoni retires Pant and Samson will be busy feeding their kids
    I dread this might become true.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    981
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As our old middle order continues to struggle, the hype for Pant keeps going up. One of the most anticipated international debuts in some time.

    Crushing England in that warmup match only added to the hype.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    46
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like he is playing today, hope he opens with Rahul.

  58. #58
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,742
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    I dread this might become true.
    Dhoni has more chance of grooming Pant than our new hot headed Kaptaan.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,324
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cant say much.Should have opened

    As a LOI batsman,I am more excited about Sarfaraz.Surprised he doesnt have much fans


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  60. #60
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,667
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Cant say much.Should have opened

    As a LOI batsman,I am more excited about Sarfaraz.Surprised he doesnt have much fans
    Sarfaraz is a good talent but he hasn't set any domestic tournament on fire.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even if they want to groom him as a replacement of Dhoni i-e as a finisher, he should have been sent in place of Yuvraj to allow him play 6-7 overs atleast. You don't develop finishers by giving them only three balls.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,324
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    Even if they want to groom him as a replacement of Dhoni i-e as a finisher, he should have been sent in place of Yuvraj to allow him play 6-7 overs atleast. You don't develop finishers by giving them only three balls.
    Hes an opener,not a finisher.

    Kohli just doesnt back youngsters much like Dhoni used to


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,153
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Hes an opener,not a finisher.

    Kohli just doesnt back youngsters much like Dhoni used to
    Dhoni would have given up T20s long time ago if he cared about youngsters. Atrocious stats in T20s. People say he doesn't get much time to score 50s, what about the strike rate? You'd expect that to be in 150s for someone coming at no.6. Pathetic T20 player obstructing young guys from getting any chance.
    Last edited by jeetu; 5th February 2017 at 06:06.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Delhi, India
    Runs
    3,444
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Cant say much.Should have opened

    As a LOI batsman,I am more excited about Sarfaraz.Surprised he doesnt have much fans
    I also wanted him ahead of pant, you are not alone

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,360
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Cant say much.Should have opened

    As a LOI batsman,I am more excited about Sarfaraz.Surprised he doesnt have much fans
    Kohli is fitness obsessed. Sarfaraz not making it unless he improves his fitness. He even preferred Sachin baby over sarfaraz

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,360
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Dhoni has more chance of grooming Pant than our new hot headed Kaptaan.
    You are harsh on kohli mate. Kumble said after match that it was management decision to not send pant up the order. They wanted experienced people to smash moeen who has been succesful in obstructing the momentum last two matches.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    981
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant needs to smash up in the IPL and the two warm-up matches against BD and Australia and the cries to give him a spot will only get louder

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Dhoni would have given up T20s long time ago if he cared about youngsters. Atrocious stats in T20s. People say he doesn't get much time to score 50s, what about the strike rate? You'd expect that to be in 150s for someone coming at no.6. Pathetic T20 player obstructing young guys from getting any chance.
    Yeah absolutely correct. Dhoni is great in grooming himself and not others by shamelessly sticking to t 20 s inspite of failing since 10 yrs. Thats some kind of grooming for one self
    Last edited by jeetu; 5th February 2017 at 06:07.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhoni fan boys started attacking kohli from the first series itself but conveniently forgetting his dismal captaincy since long time

  70. #70
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,324
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Kohli is fitness obsessed. Sarfaraz not making it unless he improves his fitness. He even preferred Sachin baby over sarfaraz
    Mishra,Yuvraj,Ashwin in the team says otherwise

    Sachin Baby was a ridiculous selection.

    You have to back talent like Sarfaraz.


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,670
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Mishra,Yuvraj,Ashwin in the team says otherwise

    Sachin Baby was a ridiculous selection.

    You have to back talent like Sarfaraz.
    He was talking about Sachin baby in RCB. Sarfaraz has both attitude and fitness problems and Kohli does not like that one bit, esp Fitness. Reg Mishra and Ash - Come on, they are spinners who are good at their trade. Agreed, unfit, but Kohli is not that stupid to expect them to be ripped to be bowling spin.


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,324
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    He was talking about Sachin baby in RCB. Sarfaraz has both attitude and fitness problems and Kohli does not like that one bit, esp Fitness. Reg Mishra and Ash - Come on, they are spinners who are good at their trade. Agreed, unfit, but Kohli is not that stupid to expect them to be ripped to be bowling spin.
    Fitness isnt only for bowling spin.Jadeja,Jayant are also spinners

    That way batsmen dont need to be ripped too.Sehwag,Inzi,Boon etc etc


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be wrong but Pant is more Kusal Perera than de Kock which is obviously not a compliment

  74. #74
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,667
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze View Post
    I might be wrong but Pant is more Kusal Perera than de Kock which is obviously not a compliment
    Did you get to watch him somewhere recently?

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Did you get to watch him somewhere recently?
    No..only through IPL and Under-19 WC

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,667
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze View Post
    No..only through IPL and Under-19 WC
    So a year back and before Ranji and NCA.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    So a year back and before Ranji and NCA.
    Yes I know I missed many matches. But Shreyas Iyer also had similar patch the year before. Look where is he now. That is the reason for my apprehension

  78. #78
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,667
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze View Post
    Yes I know I missed many matches. But Shreyas Iyer also had similar patch the year before. Look where is he now. That is the reason for my apprehension
    Your Apprehension is warranted but not well informed. Iyer is limited batmen atm but Pant has taken the next level quite brilliantly imo.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Your Apprehension is warranted but not well informed. Iyer is limited batmen atm but Pant has taken the next level quite brilliantly imo.
    I had indicated "I might be wrong" . Happy to be proved wrong :-)

  80. #80
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,667
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze View Post
    I had indicated "I might be wrong" . Happy to be proved wrong :-)
    You cover your bases!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •