Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    The cripple is the most intriguing because he's nuts in the first episode of part 2, Lagertha was doing a bit of MMA with her companion This season may be the best yet, I wonder how many more seasons Vikings will be renewed for; I think they have potential for a longer arcs and can stretch the show to about 8 seasons
    Part B of Season 4 has been very good so far.

Now the Vikings have arrived at the land of the Muslims. : )

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Part B of Season 4 has been very good so far.

Now the Vikings have arrived at the land of the Muslims. : )
    Season 4 by far has been the best, everything comes full circle and it's so emotionally charged; have you seen the 'all his angels' episode? am up to date, Indeed and brother floki was very intrigued by the sarracens

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Season 4 by far has been the best, everything comes full circle and it's so emotionally charged; have you seen the 'all his angels' episode? am up to date, Indeed and brother floki was very intrigued by the sarracens
    I am too up to date, the ending of all his angels episode was way too emotional. Floki was intrigued but his wife Helga not happy with him decided to take matters into her own hands. The alien Moors living a luxurious life in a lovely climate with beautiful ornaments and ripe fruits was an eye opening experience for the Vikings but this didn't make them any more merciful until Floki came to the party.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I am too up to date, the ending of all his angels episode was way too emotional. Floki was intrigued but his wife Helga not happy with him decided to take matters into her own hands. The alien Moors living a luxurious life in a lovely climate with beautiful ornaments and ripe fruits was an eye opening experience for the Vikings but this didn't make them any more merciful until Floki came to the party.
    Definetly, legend say the ending of that episode was how his fate was sealed ultimately I started to think about what Islam says with regards to punishments in the grave made it more disturbing.

The scene where he envisioned the seer and interacted with him was beautiful, many of themes in the show are discussed on PP don't you think I can relate to Ragnor in many ways especially when it comes to his faith, many fans may not have been happy with the end of all his angels but I think it will lead to some very interesting developments moving forward. if it was the floki of 10 years ago god forbid what he'd have done but mA only the imam was not so lucky
    Last edited by shaz619; 9th January 2017 at 21:48.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dragon Ball Super episode 1 was awesome.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Definetly, legend say the ending of that episode was how his fate was sealed ultimately I started to think about what Islam says with regards to punishments in the grave made it more disturbing.

The scene where he envisioned the seer and interacted with him was beautiful, many of themes in the show are discussed on PP don't you think I can relate to Ragnor in many ways especially when it comes to his faith, many fans may not have been happy with the end of all his angels but I think it will lead to some very interesting developments moving forward. if it was the floki of 10 years ago god forbid what he'd have done but mA only the imam was not so lucky
    I didn't think of it like you mentioned but you are right, the punishment of the grave something King Aella conjured up was all too similar. Ragnor was more of a human than the wild Viking made of him but I still feel he had other options but the poor chap just wanted to visit the next life whether it was Valhalla or the Kingdom of Heaven. I think the Imam got lucky, no pain in that kind of death.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I didn't think of it like you mentioned but you are right, the punishment of the grave something King Aella conjured up was all too similar. Ragnor was more of a human than the wild Viking made of him but I still feel he had other options but the poor chap just wanted to visit the next life whether it was Valhalla or the Kingdom of Heaven. I think the Imam got lucky, no pain in that kind of death.
    Brutal, god forbid such a fate on anyone apart from those who want to divide our city and evils which lurk beyond the borders of pak One thing the show runners have not touched on which I've been so interested in is that Ragnor was away for around 10 years right after the battle at Paris? am just curious about what he had been doing during that entire time, I understand you need a certain amount of time to get over a failure but 10 years! True, he had fallen on hard times and while he had other options the man just didn't enjoy being King but what happened in England with the farmers was too painful and inevitably forced him to come out of the woods, maybe there was a grand scheme at play but hard to say

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brutal, god forbid such a fate on anyone apart from those who want to divide our city and evils which lurk beyond the borders of pak One thing the show runners have not touched on which I've been so interested in is that Ragnor was away for around 10 years right after the battle at Paris? am just curious about what he had been doing during that entire time, I understand you need a certain amount of time to get over a failure but 10 years! True, he had fallen on hard times and while he had other options the man just didn't enjoy being King but what happened in England with the farmers was too painful and inevitably forced him to come out of the woods, maybe there was a grand scheme at play but hard to say
    Perhaps the scale of the failure was too much to accept so he went away wondering like a nomad monk searching for answers, meditating as Athleston did hoping to find the reasons why after giving so much sweat and blood for his people he still failed them. I think he wanted to return to find retribution for his actions, kind of like dying for his sins but at the same time setting the way for those who should also die for their sins. Let's see how his sons punish Aella and the kings of England. It will be fascinating.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the scale of the failure was too much to accept so he went away wondering like a nomad monk searching for answers, meditating as Athleston did hoping to find the reasons why after giving so much sweat and blood for his people he still failed them. I think he wanted to return to find retribution for his actions, kind of like dying for his sins but at the same time setting the way for those who should also die for their sins. Let's see how his sons punish Aella and the kings of England. It will be fascinating.
    That's a good explanation, maybe when it all ends there will be a prequel of some kind chronicling his life in the dark. I have read a little bit about how they respond but won't spoil it, it's strange because you'd expect folk to lose a bit of interest for obvious reasons but am still invested in the show. BBC's Last Kingdom season 2 is expected to release sometime in the year but in the mean time a show called Taboo premierd over the weekend, stars Tom Hardy; this is the premise:

"James Keziah Delaney returns to 1814 London after 10 years in Africa to discover that he has been left a mysterious legacy by his father. Driven to wage war on those who have wronged him, Delaney finds himself in a face-off against the East India Company, whilst playing a dangerous game between two warring nations, Britain and America."

Worth a watch mate right up your street, the pilot was decent. It's available on iPlayer,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...aboo-episode-1

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's a good explanation, maybe when it all ends there will be a prequel of some kind chronicling his life in the dark. I have read a little bit about how they respond but won't spoil it, it's strange because you'd expect folk to lose a bit of interest for obvious reasons but am still invested in the show. BBC's Last Kingdom season 2 is expected to release sometime in the year but in the mean time a show called Taboo premierd over the weekend, stars Tom Hardy; this is the premise:

"James Keziah Delaney returns to 1814 London after 10 years in Africa to discover that he has been left a mysterious legacy by his father. Driven to wage war on those who have wronged him, Delaney finds himself in a face-off against the East India Company, whilst playing a dangerous game between two warring nations, Britain and America."

Worth a watch mate right up your street, the pilot was decent. It's available on iPlayer,

Will do bro, thanks but I'll wait for a few episodes to air so I can get into it. : )

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been watching "Lost", really good show

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    We're in a bit of a golden period when it comes to the quality of TV shows out there but LOST is my all time favourite. So many characters with lead storyline arcs, Hugo, John Lock, Jack, Sayid, Sawyer etc were all great and Kate

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1739 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    Great series marred by poor last season.

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tariq Aziz show is my favorite show.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Started watching The Shield the other day. Pretty good so far.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    New shows you guys should check out which I've started:

Taboo
    Sneaky Pete

They're very promising thus far.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finished watching the first half of The Flash and The Walking Dead. TWD is finally getting interesting again but The Flash quality is going down really.

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New shows you guys should check out which I've started:

Taboo
    Sneaky Pete

They're very promising thus far.
    Episode 18 of Vikings was brutal ,the sons of Ragner land in England

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Episode 18 of Vikings was brutal ,the sons of Ragner land in England
    That was uncompatible wasn't it they did something earlier in the series, the blood eagle sentence has to be the worst form of capitol punishment. I loved how Ivar was looking at the guy in his final moments though The audacity of King Ecbeth throughout the years was something else lmao taking away Judith from his own son and all just smashed it, I suspect stuff like that must have been common in those days

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That was uncompatible wasn't it they did something earlier in the series, the blood eagle sentence has to be the worst form of capitol punishment. I loved how Ivar was looking at the guy in his final moments though The audacity of King Ecbeth throughout the years was something else lmao taking away Judith from his own son and all just smashed it, I suspect stuff like that must have been common in those days
    According to wiki there is a poem of Ivar not Bjorn when it comes to the Blood Eagle work on the fat King.

It describes the blood eagle as " the ribs severed from the vertebral column with a sharp implement and the lungs pulled through the opening to create a pair of “wings"

Yes Ecbeth has been a sly old dog but seems to be losing the plot now. I wonder what Ragner's little piggies have in store for him.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix is pretty good.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Among desi:
    Sarabhai vs Sarabhai

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angrezi:
    Himym(final seasons botched up though)
    [Don't enjoy violent shows like breaking bad]

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    Finally someone besides me and Miandadrules. It's in my top 10. Probably the most underrated show of all time. Finish it quickly and lemme know what you thought of it

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    According to wiki there is a poem of Ivar not Bjorn when it comes to the Blood Eagle work on the fat King.

It describes the blood eagle as " the ribs severed from the vertebral column with a sharp implement and the lungs pulled through the opening to create a pair of “wings"

Yes Ecbeth has been a sly old dog but seems to be losing the plot now. I wonder what Ragner's little piggies have in store for him.
    I actually expected him to join in as he crawled towards King Aelle, it made more sense given how crazy he is but in the context of Bjorn's arc and his relationship with his father throughout the show I guess it made sense. Man just reading that makes you uncompatible, god forbid that on anyone What if the show runners swerve us and Ecbeth has one final shot up his sleeve, they have set him up to fail an it seems he's having a similar crisis to Ragnor when it comes to his faith and sought of expects death

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I actually expected him to join in as he crawled towards King Aelle, it made more sense given how crazy he is but in the context of Bjorn's arc and his relationship with his father throughout the show I guess it made sense. Man just reading that makes you uncompatible, god forbid that on anyone What if the show runners swerve us and Ecbeth has one final shot up his sleeve, they have set him up to fail an it seems he's having a similar crisis to Ragnor when it comes to his faith and sought of expects death
    Episodes 19 and 20 were excellent to bring the closure of season 4. It seems Bjorn wants to back to meet the Muslims of Spain, good luck to them

The Last Kingdom - 7/10 After watching Vikings it felt like a PG version.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Episodes 19 and 20 were excellent to bring the closure of season 4. It seems Bjorn wants to back to meet the Muslims of Spain, good luck to them

The Last Kingdom - 7/10 After watching Vikings it felt like a PG version.
    Have you seen the teaser trailer for season 5? it looks so good!

Although I've still not recovered from the all his angels episode won't be the same again but the show runners have done well with the premise to prolong the season beyond that era. The ending of episode 20 though honestly you know when he said "may the lord console you" in my head for a laugh I was thinking "yeah and you're going to console in your own way aren't ya cheeky bugger" but then it happened, one of the most bizarre endings to a season lol

Yeah lmao but will be interesting to see how they depict muslim spain, maybe brother floki will convert as well he seems a bit lost could do with taking baiyah from a spiritualist look forward to Ivar and his craze for madness

True, they had to with it being on BBC and all but I still enjoyed it and look forward to the next season, I never expected it to be on Vikings level but still felt they did a very good job
    Last edited by shaz619; 4th February 2017 at 22:11.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the box set it's brilliant bro!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Finally someone besides me and Miandadrules. It's in my top 10. Probably the most underrated show of all time. Finish it quickly and lemme know what you thought of it
    I have watched it as well. I have asked my friends have they heard of it, most of them haven't . It's very underrated.

The thing I love most is, that vic and the strike team are so evil yet you will still want them to get away with whatever they have done.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Started season 4 of the blacklist.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I have watched it as well. I have asked my friends have they heard of it, most of them haven't . It's very underrated.

The thing I love most is, that vic and the strike team are so evil yet you will still want them to get away with whatever they have done.
    After season 5 it just becomes crazy and hard to watch

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After season 5 it just becomes crazy and hard to watch

It wasn't that bad

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One day at a time,its not best tv shows ,but its awesome ,hate that its being put in the same bracket as fuller house,girls meet world etc, why is that people have started hating shows which have laughter in the background?

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It wasn't that bad
    I didn't mean bad. It was crazy in a good way. The last 3 seasons are the best!

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't mean bad. It was crazy in a good way. The last 3 seasons are the best!
    Haha oh right. I like season 3. I'm currently watching season 2.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haha oh right. I like season 3. I'm currently watching season 2.
    Why are you watching in this weird order? Or are you re watching it?

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why are you watching in this weird order? Or are you re watching it?
    I'm re watching it, so I have completed season 1.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm re watching it, so I have completed season 1.
    Alright makes sense. I'd skip 4. It was amazing but wasn't really that important. From best to worst

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alright makes sense. I'd skip 4. It was amazing but wasn't really that important. From best to worst

Let me watch the entire season again and I'll give you my ranking. Been a long time since I watched it.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you seen the teaser trailer for season 5? it looks so good!

Although I've still not recovered from the all his angels episode won't be the same again but the show runners have done well with the premise to prolong the season beyond that era. The ending of episode 20 though honestly you know when he said "may the lord console you" in my head for a laugh I was thinking "yeah and you're going to console in your own way aren't ya cheeky bugger" but then it happened, one of the most bizarre endings to a season lol

Yeah lmao but will be interesting to see how they depict muslim spain, maybe brother floki will convert as well he seems a bit lost could do with taking baiyah from a spiritualist look forward to Ivar and his craze for madness

True, they had to with it being on BBC and all but I still enjoyed it and look forward to the next season, I never expected it to be on Vikings level but still felt they did a very good job
    Trailer for Season 5 looks very good, hoping it's somewhere near season 4 in it's brutality, emotions and screenplay. Ivar has become my favourite character now, his anger management issues are not to dissimilar to mine on occasions but I don't think I'd go as far as him, wanting to blood eagle every enemy ..

Yes looking back The Last Kingdom was very good, so looking forward to season 2 which is out in the next few weeks I believe.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Trailer for Season 5 looks very good, hoping it's somewhere near season 4 in it's brutality, emotions and screenplay. Ivar has become my favourite character now, his anger management issues are not to dissimilar to mine on occasions but I don't think I'd go as far as him, wanting to blood eagle every enemy ..

Yes looking back The Last Kingdom was very good, so looking forward to season 2 which is out in the next few weeks I believe.
    I love Ivar; same here I need some of those management classes after reading the posts of bache who think they are leader of SHM from their PC's I watched Last Kingdom with very low expectations but loved how they managed to be good whilst being unique in their own way because comparisons with Vikings were going to be made inevitably

Do you ever follow the Marvel TV series like DareDevil or Luke Cage? House of Cards is pretty good to although am not sure if you're into political thrillers but I wasn't but still enjoyed the show, Kevin Spacey is a legend

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love Ivar; same here I need some of those management classes after reading the posts of bache who think they are leader of SHM from their PC's I watched Last Kingdom with very low expectations but loved how they managed to be good whilst being unique in their own way because comparisons with Vikings were going to be made inevitably

Do you ever follow the Marvel TV series like DareDevil or Luke Cage? House of Cards is pretty good to although am not sure if you're into political thrillers but I wasn't but still enjoyed the show, Kevin Spacey is a legend
    I was about to ask for your recommendations , so thanks. I don't mind watching marvel films but not sure if I can stick with a whole season as I prefer factual based shows or shows which are realistic to real life. I don't think I can get invested into a character who can't be shot or starts flying when a bullet comes his/her way(Superman) etc.. Political drama is interesting so might give House of Cards a go since you have recommended it. I watched Homeland season 6 , it's nothing special but passes the time. I will give the new 24 series a watch later to see how it is without Keifer Sutherland who is a superb actor and pretty much made the show. I will also give The Shield ago since posters have rated it above.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I was about to ask for your recommendations , so thanks. I don't mind watching marvel films but not sure if I can stick with a whole season as I prefer factual based shows or shows which are realistic to real life. I don't think I can get invested into a character who can't be shot or starts flying when a bullet comes his/her way(Superman) etc.. Political drama is interesting so might give House of Cards a go since you have recommended it. I watched Homeland season 6 , it's nothing special but passes the time. I will give the new 24 series a watch later to see how it is without Keifer Sutherland who is a superb actor and pretty much made the show. I will also give The Shield ago since posters have rated it above.
    There are elements of realism with regards to the action/fighting (take inspiration from East Asian Cinema) in DareDevil and very good plot but the G whom they have as the lead is blind so I guess you might find it hard to suspend your disbelief Luke Cage is a show I think you'll enjoy though, the hero has unbreakable skin but the premise of the show is based in an inner city neighbourhood of Harlem and they touch on social aspects, crime, poverty and soul music when it comes to the african american community and I enjoyed it plus could relate to it a little bit to being from Brum. It's also the first high profile series in the genre to showcase a black lead so they can really toy with various themes.

Yeah, House of Cards you will 100% love. I remember when Sky use to repeatedly plug 24 during all them commercials, never got around to watching it though @Robert loves it I think, may have to give it a go could be one of those gems which doesn't get much attention past its prime much like LOST but watching it years later loved the show so much.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Sopranos is an undisputable masterpiece..

Only GoT comes close..

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are elements of realism with regards to the action/fighting (take inspiration from East Asian Cinema) in DareDevil and very good plot but the G whom they have as the lead is blind so I guess you might find it hard to suspend your disbelief Luke Cage is a show I think you'll enjoy though, the hero has unbreakable skin but the premise of the show is based in an inner city neighbourhood of Harlem and they touch on social aspects, crime, poverty and soul music when it comes to the african american community and I enjoyed it plus could relate to it a little bit to being from Brum. It's also the first high profile series in the genre to showcase a black lead so they can really toy with various themes.

Yeah, House of Cards you will 100% love. I remember when Sky use to repeatedly plug 24 during all them commercials, never got around to watching it though @Robert loves it I think, may have to give it a go could be one of those gems which doesn't get much attention past its prime much like LOST but watching it years later loved the show so much.
    Luke Cage seems interesting now you mention the social aspects so will give it try. I'd give 24 a go, reason I thought it was good was mainly the character of Jack Baur, he makes James Bond look like a bit of wimp. . The bad guys in the show are pretty decent and their deeds are very serious, much more than the average car bombing but more on apocalyptic proportions. I also like the fact the propaganda isn't real there either, with plenty in the US services shown as the bad guys. The cliff-hangers at the end of each episode are very good, while the concept of each episode being in real time(almost) is pretty unique and interesting. I've never tried Lost, when it came out I was never at home to watch anything, so will give it a go too.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No body mentioned "Fringe" - it's also a very good show.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned "House M.D". One of my all time favorite tv show.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I have the box set it's brilliant bro!
    Still stuck somewhere in season two I think

But will start another binge session maybe this weekend

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still stuck somewhere in season two I think

But will start another binge session maybe this weekend

Watch season 2 asap the ending is great!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earthrealm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vikings is one of the best shows

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always sunny in Philadelphia.

You'll watch every single episode. Timeless .

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Watch season 2 asap the ending is great!
    Yup. The money train

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Really loved the first season of Stranger Things. Good 80s nostalgia

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Roots - A remake of the 1977 epic.

The first episode is on BBC Iplayer, 90 mins long. Absolutely brilliant so far. @shaz619 check it out bro!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Roots - A remake of the 1977 epic.

The first episode is on BBC Iplayer, 90 mins long. Absolutely brilliant so far. @shaz619 check it out bro!
    Will do, not seen the remake but tend to check out anything which is quality on BBC Iplayer. I just watched an R-Rated adult animated film called sausage party, it's so witty and their analogies to our world when it comes to religion, race, war, culture and science etc are so hilarious great to see something different every now and then think you will like it as well

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will do, not seen the remake but tend to check out anything which is quality on BBC Iplayer. I just watched an R-Rated adult animated film called sausage party, it's so witty and their analogies to our world when it comes to religion, race, war, culture and science etc are so hilarious great to see something different every now and then think you will like it as well
    Sounds like fun, will give it a go. I have seen it advertised, thought it was some Disney kids film . I've stared Luck Cage too, seems promising.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Sounds like fun, will give it a go. I have seen it advertised, thought it was some Disney kids film . I've stared Luck Cage too, seems promising.
    no it's pretty naughty Btw Blacksails should be on your list as well when it comes to TV shows, it's just as good as Vikings, the latest season just released. It's about pirates, their depiction is a lot more accurate then in the mainstream, Vikings edges the show with its most recent season but they are both cut from the same cloth

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Currently watching True Detective and the Wire

Enjoying the dark, ominous atmosphere of true detective.. half-way through ATM

The Wire on the other hand is so real that it feels like watching a documentary at times. Currently on 2nd season. It's not as addictive as some of the other shows but I can still see why it's rated high. The only show I can think of that deals with corruption that delves into police/ political system of even great America

Will report back when I am done
    Last edited by Chrish; 23rd February 2017 at 17:11.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Person of Interest, The Wire, The Good Wife. /thread

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Military and mullah
    *Redacted*

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    The Sopranos is an undisputable masterpiece..

Only GoT comes close..
    Greatest show ever made!

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finished True Detective season 1..

I enjoyed the chemistry btw two lead along with overall dark tone of the series. Cool visuals and awesome theme song too!

I didn't care for Rust's philosophical dialogues.. it sounded forced and pretentious. Moreover the last two episodes don't match the standard set by previous episodes IMO

Overall I would give it a solid 8.5/ 10
    Last edited by Chrish; 25th February 2017 at 03:39.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Other than Wire, my next watch list includes Six Feet Under and Fargo

Does anyone have an opinion of David Lynch's Twin Peaks? Is it worth a try ?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Saw the first episode looks pretty interesting but sadly again the "all buried past pretentious stuff",still going to try and finish the season only 8 eps.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Next on the list for me,want to watch it before the new season comes in.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @JaDed @Chrish twin peaks is very different but it's an absolutely amazing show. Seen it twice

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @JaDed @Chrish twin peaks is very different but it's an absolutely amazing show. Seen it twice
    Thanks man,its next on the list for me watching taboo right now kinda weird but i like tom hardy, twin peaks is apparently coming with a new season this summer.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two suggestions :

1) Ash Vs Evil Dead (2015 - present , 2 seasons)

Pretty much a sequel to the original Evil Dead trilogy. The story takes place 30 years or so after "Army of Darkness". Bruce Campbell returns as "Ash" arguably one of the most celebrated pop culture heroes in entertainment Evil dead creators Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert return as creative directors .

The great thing about the show is that The quality of making is pretty much cinematic. The TV show retains all that's great about the Original Horror B-Movies - Ash as the idiotic but resilient ******* hero, great supporting acts, proper gore and cinematic violence ... Some really smart filmamking is on display . Great horror and action moments too . !

Best thing is that the episodes are in 30min format , so the pace is relentless and it NEVER feels stretched out .. Best horror TV show ever !

2) CSI : Crime Scene Investigation (The original series AKA CSI - Las Vegas )

Was in Awe of CSI back when it came out in 2001 , when I was an adolescent . Those were the good old days of Indian cable Television. Very little censorship on the English channels. Gratuitous violence and semi nudity on AXN !

CSI used that to great effect . The whole forensic science - murder investigation premise of CSI has inspired countless other TV shows (Dexter ) and a huge number of imitators in desi films. It is believed that CSI actually increased the level of expectation from the forensic science fields in terms of true results, in the minds of the American Public.

The show may have launched too many spin-offs and the quality may have deteriorated after the first 5-6 seasons, but it still remains an interesting show even today ! Many consider it as the greatest crime based shows of all time .
    Last edited by SandyB; 1st March 2017 at 09:46.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1739 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Twin peaks is amazing till middle of second season. After that quality dipped alarmingly. Can't wait for new season to start. It has long line of cameos.

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeetu View Post
    Twin peaks is amazing till middle of second season. After that quality dipped alarmingly. Can't wait for new season to start. It has long line of cameos.
    Yeah Lynch and Frost have expressed their disappointment because they were forced to rush the plot per-maturely by the channel because of decline in viewership. They had no intention of revealing the key-plot in the middle of 2nd season otherwise.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finished with The Wire..

What a crowning achievement it is! While it doesn't replace GoT and Sopranos as my favorite shows ever, objectively speaking it's rightfully regarded as the greatest show ever by the fans!!

Only 3rd show to get 10/10 for mine

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Done with Twin Peaks. Disappointed with the later half. Got a mixed feeling about the new season. Hope they start fresh instead of continuing with the the same crap as later episodes.

Still 1st season is a classic and not to be missed by any horror/ suspense fans.

Starting Steins;Gate from the beginning and this time I am determined to finish it till the end.
    Last edited by Chrish; 20th March 2017 at 21:12.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the Sopranos guys ? Is it more the Godfather type or the Goodfellas type ? or is it completely different ?

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    How is the Sopranos guys ? Is it more the Godfather type or the Goodfellas type ? or is it completely different ?
    A little bit like Goodfellas when it comes to the comedy part.

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also big fan of The Walking Dead . Thanks

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I completed westworld today..
    What a series.. really up there with GOT and Breaking bad as one of the best shows ever..
    Anthony Hopkins is brilliant. Superrrrrb

Q: Why did the banana go to see the doctor?
    A: The banana was not peeling very well.

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really looking forward to Fargo season 3 in april, they cast Ewan Mcgregor to play the lead twin characters, the teaser trailer is so typically Fargo in it's genius underrated tone.

Yes that is Ewan Mcgregor in the teaser.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has anybody seen 'Power'? People keep recommending this but im not sure.
    @shaz619 @aliasad1998 @SandyB

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Has anybody seen 'Power'? People keep recommending this but im not sure.
    @shaz619 @aliasad1998 @SandyB
    Not worth watching

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody seen 'Suits'? Currently in its 7th series? Definitely my favourite!