User Tag List

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recreational cricketers - what online resources do you use to improve your game?

I play cricket recreationally on the weekends (play 50 over and T20 league). Even though it's for fun, everyone takes the games very seriously and if you don't perform, the entire week ahead is ruined! I am sure many others who play can empathize with the feeling.

How do others work on improving their game? With work schedule, I can only squeeze one practice session per week. Are there any online resources - reading materials, videos, any coaching platforms, that you guys use to fine tune your game?

I'm not looking to become or or even but would be great to avoid days where I get out for less than 10, or don't take any wickets.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no online resources, mate. Cricket is best learnt on the field or the nets.

Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    no online resources, mate. Cricket is best learnt on the field or the nets.
    Absolutely! But in lieu of that, was wondering if people had found anything useful...

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go onto youtube and check out some of the Sky Sports masterclasses. I liked the one with Ponting, in particular the bit about his backlift and it's something I've tried to adopt in the nets with some success.