Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Keep your IPL performances to IPL please. We don't even have a proper finisher. What has IPL done in that regard?

Let KL Rahul who was in great form(according to Manjrekar) in IPL and went out of form in internationals hit big sixes first. Also let Pant cement his place in the team because at the moment DK has performed better than him.
    Kl rahul is the highest ranked indian player in t20s, if he hasn't done well than who has?
    45+ avg at 150str rate ya he failed in a couple of matches but that's it, he is a sure spot in t20s. He has done better than the likes of rohit, kohli, dhawan in last one year that's why he is top ranked and there is no sane argument over his exclusion from t20s.

Secondly, i also mentioned krunal's domestic performance but you are so obsessed with ipl that you find it difficult to see. I myself am not an ipl fan and i rarely watch matches but i have seen krunal's batting and it is head and shoulders ulders above jadeja's.

Dinesh karthik has played over 150 innings in international cricket and is yet to score a single century, on the other hand rishabh pant struck an overseas century in just his third match, there is no competition b/w them, dinesh is just a support keeper who will be thrown out as soon as rishabh pant gets some experience under his belt.

Its mind boggling that a mediocre player like DK who is yet to score a century after 150+ innings (that too in a country known for producing finest batsman) is getting backed by some posters here. He is the poster boy of mediocrity and his role will remain as a support wicketkeeper throughput his career.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    He seems a changed bowler after his comeback. Has 2 4 wicket hauls so far. ALso don't forget his experience. Krunal to me doesn't look like a wicket taking option
    Please note that these performances have come in asian conditions(and that too against mediocre teams) he will be thrashed outside asia.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dinesh karthik has played over 150 innings in international cricket and is yet to score a single century, on the other hand rishabh pant struck an overseas century in just his third match, there is no competition b/w them, dinesh is just a support keeper who will be thrown out as soon as rishabh pant gets some experience under his belt.

Its mind boggling that a mediocre player like DK who is yet to score a century after 150+ innings (that too in a country known for producing finest batsman) is getting backed by some posters here. He is the poster boy of mediocrity and his role will remain as a support wicketkeeper throughput his career.
    Thoroughly agree with this. Selecting Karthik again and again shows how mind boggingly clueless our 'thinktank' is. With this amount of backing, someone like Samson or Ishan Kishan would've done wonders by now.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Krunal, happy for him. I still think he'd be cannon fodder on English pitches. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumrah has already signalled the team's looking for more bowling A/Rs. Don't be surprised if Krunal forces his way into the WC squad. Depends on the next 5 T20s lined up for him.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Thoroughly agree with this. Selecting Karthik again and again shows how mind boggingly clueless our 'thinktank' is. With this amount of backing, someone like Samson or Ishan Kishan would've done wonders by now.
    What's mind-boggling is that despite constantly seeing DK outperform Pant everyone is supporting the latter.

Pant has been a total dud. And Pant's century in England is completely useless. DK's 60s and 70s when he opened the batitng in England in 2007 won us a series. Pant is nothing more than a T20 hack and some idiot IPL "fans" are going gaga over an unfinished player who has zero reliability.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th November 2018 at 19:25.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    What's mind-boggling is that despite constantly seeing DK outperform Pant everyone is supporting the latter.

Pant has been a total dud. And Pant's century in England is completely useless. DK's 60s and 70s when he opened the batitng in England in 2007 won us a series. Pant is nothing more than a T20 hack and some idiot IPL "fans" are going gaga over an unfinished player who has zero reliability.

These "fans" are nothing but frustrated cheerleaders. They don't have half a brain to understand cricket.
    My liking of pant isn't based on his ipl performances. I rarely follow ipl.
    The century in england wasn't match winning but it showed that he has what it takes to be a top wk batsman. It was the first century by an indian wicketkeeper in eng.
    Dinesh karthik played in the first two matcjes
    and he wasn't able to put bat to ball.
    Rishabh pant was also prolific in india vs wi series, so he has done more than enough to fix his spot in tests.
    So pant has clearly outperformed DK in tests.
    He has played just two odis, so please give it a rest. Your DK has been playing for 13 years and still doesn't have a single odi century, let alone century he doesn't even have a single memorable innings.
    The only place he outperformed pant is in t20s, and that too won't last long

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    My liking of pant isn't based on his ipl performances. I rarely follow ipl.
    The century in england wasn't match winning but it showed that he has what it takes to be a top wk batsman. It was the first century by an indian wicketkeeper in eng.
    Dinesh karthik played in the first two matcjes
    and he wasn't able to put bat to ball.
    Rishabh pant was also prolific in india vs wi series, so he has done more than enough to fix his spot in tests.
    So pant has clearly outperformed DK in tests.
    He has played just two odis, so please give it a rest. Your DK has been playing for 13 years and still doesn't have a single odi century, let alone century he doesn't even have a single memorable innings.
    The only place he outperformed pant is in t20s, and that too won't last long
    Pant's century in England is way overhyped.

First of all, let's not forget the 5 innings before that 100 where he scored only 22 runs.

Unlike DK, who had to play two out of his 4 innings at Lord's (by far the most difficult conditions on that tour) and also, he steadied the ship in the 2nd innings in the 1st test, with Kohli.

Secondly, Pant's style of play is that he will score those odd 100s every now and then. But more importantly, it's not about the runs you score as much as it's about what can you do for the team.

Do you remember how he got out after that hundred? KL had just gotten out. There was only about 22 overs to play out and draw the test. But Pant slogged Rashid and holed out at long off!

That is the problem with Pant. He can only play one way. Any batsman with half a cricketing brain would have realised after KL's wicket that he should ensure that the game goes in to the last 15 minutes so as to make sure a draw is on the cards.

But Pant doesn't have the game for that. Pant's century in England is nothing more than a personal milestone. It did absolutely nothing for the team. If you're happy with that, then fine. I would much rather get 70s and 80s from DK to win a series in England then to get an inconsequential century that ends in a 1-4 loss.

Pant is currently the most hyped Indian player. I can understand that to an extent because of the sheer amount of natural hitting ability he has. But mentally, Pant isn't even 50% ready for a WC. 1-gear players who are as inconsistent as Pant are a liability in a WC squad.
    Last edited by the_outsider; 5th November 2018 at 11:20.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe India wasted so much time on Axar Patel. Krunal Pandya is eons ahead of Axar. Krunal should be playing ahead of Jadeja in ODIs.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Could he replace Chahal? Wonder if he has the bowling to.

If he does, it will strengthen our batting.
    We will know only if we test it out.

Chahal is much better but if Krunal can be economical and score runs, he may lend better balance to the side.

Chahal's tendency to lose it when attacked is worrisome.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Worth trying him in ODIs. Seems to be a decent striker of the ball.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    We will know only if we test it out.

Chahal is much better but if Krunal can be economical and score runs, he may lend better balance to the side.

Chahal's tendency to lose it when attacked is worrisome.
    Chahal has lost his novelty factor. Also it is very rare to see a player who can't hold the bat in an international team. India has atleast 3. Chahal is an atrocious fielder aa well. So all in all, the effect is negative.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Chahal has lost his novelty factor. Also it is very rare to see a player who can't hold the bat in an international team. India has atleast 3. Chahal is an atrocious fielder aa well. So all in all, the effect is negative.
    Yes. We can't have a dud tail in modern LOI.

It just won't work.

Theory be damned.

But if Krunal gets whacked for 75 runs in his quota and doesn't score enough to justify, then Chahal would be a better option.

We can argue either ways.

Only way we will know is to test it out and see what really happens.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    I know it's probably too late for krunal for cwc 19. But it he keeps giving stellar performances in the next 5 t20's then, why can't we go with a xi like this?
    Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Rayudu
    Dhoni
    Kedar
    Hardik
    Krunal
    Kuldeep
    Bumrah
    Khaleel
    We have 3 proper bowlers in khaleel, bumrah and Kuldeep. 3 AR's in Jhadav and the Pandya brothers who can bowl 20 overs between them. This gives us flexibility also as if one guy is having a bad day the others can cover for him. Then we have
    5 batsmen and the lower order power of Kedar and Pandya brothers. I really think this is the best we can do right now and this xi is much better than the xi we played against windies(personally don't feel Dhoni should be in the team but that debate is over).
    What you chose is the most inexperienced bowling lineup in Indian history going to a world cup. Doesn't work that way. For big tournaments, you need experience.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you chose is the most inexperienced bowling lineup in Indian history going to a world cup. Doesn't work that way. For big tournaments, you need experience.
    Jadeja is not the answer especially on those pitches!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I know it's probably too late for krunal for cwc 19. But it he keeps giving stellar performances in the next 5 t20's then, why can't we go with a xi like this?
    Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Rayudu
    Dhoni
    Kedar
    Hardik
    Krunal
    Kuldeep
    Bumrah
    Khaleel
    We have 3 proper bowlers in khaleel, bumrah and Kuldeep. 3 AR's in Jhadav and the Pandya brothers who can bowl 20 overs between them. This gives us flexibility also as if one guy is having a bad day the others can cover for him. Then we have
    5 batsmen and the lower order power of Kedar and Pandya brothers. I really think this is the best we can do right now and this xi is much better than the xi we played against windies(personally don't feel Dhoni should be in the team but that debate is over).
    Dream 11? Khelo dimaag se.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jadeja is not the answer especially on those pitches!
    He was the best bowler in CT 2013 in Eng when India won. He just showed his value as a batsman in the Asia cup final and the match vs Afg. Yes, he got out at the end but his experience got India close. He is bowling better again.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Imad Wasim 2.0 , don't think he has a future in odis outside Asia unless he can bat extremely well

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was the best bowler in CT 2013 in Eng when India won.
    Come on, that was 5 years back. And by the time WC comes, it'll be 6 years! If anything, he has started darting even more.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Chahal is an atrocious fielder as well.
    Absolutely atrocious, especially when it comes to skiers!

Whenever a skier is presented to him, rest assured it'll be dropped 10/10 times.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Come on, that was 5 years back. And by the time WC comes, it'll be 6 years! If anything, he has started darting even more.
    He knows it's his last chance. He's taking wickets and is bowling well. Anyway, there are enough games between now and WC.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't rate his bowling at all. He simply darts it in at pace and that won't work in ODIs. Definitely can't trust him as the fifth bowler. If he's less injury prone ,fitter and a better, consistent striker of the ball than Kedar, then he can play as a sixth bowling option and no.6 batsman I suppose. Also we need to get this "We need all-rounders no matter what" nonsensical attitude. If our all-rounders are not good enough to bowl a good 10 overs , then just play the five best bowlers in the country and be done with it. Want to improve the batting? Then focus on replacing dhoni and finding a better alternative to rayudu.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The best thing to like about Krunal is his attitude. He’s skill set is aimed at excelling in limited overs cricket. He’s not ridiculously talented or dangerous at anything but he’s very smart as a cricketer. As a batsman he’s capable of hanging in there for important runs. He can smash it as well. As a bowler he’s not a turner of the ball reliesMore on change of pace and does it effectively.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    I don't rate his bowling at all. He simply darts it in at pace and that won't work in ODIs. Definitely can't trust him as the fifth bowler. If he's less injury prone ,fitter and a better, consistent striker of the ball than Kedar, then he can play as a sixth bowling option and no.6 batsman I suppose. Also we need to get this "We need all-rounders no matter what" nonsensical attitude. If our all-rounders are not good enough to bowl a good 10 overs , then just play the five best bowlers in the country and be done with it. Want to improve the batting? Then focus on replacing dhoni and finding a better alternative to rayudu.
    This.

Not at all convinced by his bowling. As for his batting, he has not been tested as yet. Ideally, should have been played in Asia cup and WI ODI series for us to have a fair idea about his capabilities. But no, our 'thinktank' is clueless as ever.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This.

Not at all convinced by his bowling. As for his batting, he has not been tested as yet. Ideally, should have been played in Asia cup and WI ODI series for us to have a fair idea about his capabilities. But no, our 'thinktank' is clueless as ever.
    Yeah. They should have tested him much earlier.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no need to test him. Krunal's only place in the ODI XI would be at no 6 by replacing Kedar.

And Kedar is a far better batsman. Which is exactly who you want at no 6.

And as for bowling, Jadeja and perhaps even Axar are better left-arm spinners than him so he doesn't make the cut that way either.

Krunal right now is still a T20 player, just like his brother was when he came into the Indian team. It has taken Hardik over 2 years of international cricket to develop into a decent AR. Krunal wouldn't have transformed himself from a T20 player into an ODI player in just a couple of series in the 11th hour.
    Last edited by the_outsider; 8th November 2018 at 22:50.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    There was no need to test him. Krunal's only place in the ODI XI would be at no 6 by replacing Kedar.

And Kedar is a far better batsman. Which is exactly who you want at no 6.

And as for bowling, Jadeja and perhaps even Axar are better left-arm spinners than him so he doesn't make the cut that way either.

Krunal right now is still a T20 player, just like his brother was when he came into the Indian team. It has taken Hardik over 2 years of international cricket to develop into a decent AR. Krunal wouldn't have transformed himself from a T20 player into an ODI player in just a couple of series in the 11th hour.
    i agree that he should only play T20's. The only problem is jadhav's fitness imo.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knowing how mentally challenged Kohli, MSK and Shastri are, it isn't a surprise, is it?