Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Babar's test record, which is small in sample size, is mediocre but he is one of the best ODI bats as of today. He is top 3.

Rahul is not best at anything. Neither tests, ODIs or t20Is.
    Babar is certainly a very good ODI bat. But KL is a better test and T20 batsman. He is actually ranked number 3 in T20Is.

And the sample size is the comparable for both Babar and KL Rahul in SENA. 6 and 9 matches respectively.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Babar is nothing batsman in test. Even Jadeja is better than him. So no comparison.
    In ODI Babar is a good batsman.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will take Babar's 68* in a crucial win over Rahul's 149 in a dead rubber loss.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Currently Babar Azam is getting better and better with each game where as KL Rahul is just wasting chances after chances. I hope KL Rahul doesn't become another Umar Akmal.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul has this series and then the Aus one. Needs to prove that he's what he was expected to be.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar>Rahul in t20s also now.
    Only format where Rahul is better is tests now and even there babar is starting to catch up and should eventually overtake Rahul.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL has wasted too many chances.
    Now he doesn't give confidence as a batsman.
    Babar has raced ahead of him.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I watched some of Rahul's batting when he made a 100 against England, no doubt if he becomes consistent he will be a force.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul has been a let down in the last few months. Not a technical issue with him but his confidence seems to be down after a couple of poor performances. I thought he would kick on after the IPL.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Currently Babar Azam is getting better and better with each game where as KL Rahul is just wasting chances after chances. I hope KL Rahul doesn't become another Umar Akmal.
    KL should have been ahead by now given that he is more gifted as a stroke player compared to Babar. Also, he is a few years older than Babar which doesnt help this comparison.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time running out for Rahul, first time I've seen him in a long while and he played an awful shot to get out

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Babar is easily ahead. Rahul should be compared to Haris Sohail instead.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Even Harris is miles ahead of this overhyped hack rahul

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar is ahead. Rahul acts like a petulant child and doesn't come across as a team player. He's reckless too

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is like a pendulum topic where Babar is ahead based on his heroics on dull,slow UAE pitches and this would change and will change when Rahul will score runs in Australia

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I wasnt a 100% convinced about Babar being a top class player even though his stats are amazing but i think not only has he improved, he looks on the verge becoming the middle order player we havent had in ODI cricket since Inzi and Yousef. He still lacks 2 things one is just raw power and the other is hitting spinners( the 2 are linked) which he needs to challenge the best in the world.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    KL Lokesh could bat twice and still not score as much as Babar.

Bobs is leagues ahead

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    KL Lokesh could bat twice and still not score as much as Babar.

Bobs is leagues ahead
    Not in tests .

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I wasnt a 100% convinced about Babar being a top class player even though his stats are amazing but i think not only has he improved, he looks on the verge becoming the middle order player we havent had in ODI cricket since Inzi and Yousef. He still lacks 2 things one is just raw power and the other is hitting spinners( the 2 are linked) which he needs to challenge the best in the world.
    He doesn't need the power but yes, improving his game against spin will take him to the next level. A few sessions with Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf should really help in this regard.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He doesn't need the power but yes, improving his game against spin will take him to the next level. A few sessions with Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf should really help in this regard.
    I disagree, i think without the power he cant clear boundries and that means he doesnt have an extra gear that the real top players have.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL first needs to cement his place in the side. Then he can be compared to anyone else.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Not in tests .
    Babar is still finding his feet in Test cricket and has shown signs of coming of age.

He had a match-winning 68* (RH) in tough conditions against Anderson and Broad and 99 in his last innings.

The glee on Mickey Arthur's face when Babar scores a half-century shows that his long term plan is to make him a Number Three in Tests.

In LOI's, it pretty obvious that an opener is what he is best suited for but to accommodate Imam, Malik, and Hafeez, he has to bat at three. Not to mention the slow and sluggish pitches of the U.A.E. undermine his natural stroke play.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Is this going to go the way of Umar Akmal v Virat Kohli as well, does Babar have the same mystical thread title powers as his cousin?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty dissapointed with this Rahul thing. Anyone who saw him bat will vouch that he has enormous talent and I have followed him since his Ranji trophy days. We all know he has class but somehow not able to replicate it into result in international cricket. Maybe time to play another season of Ranji, spent some time with Sachin in nets (it helped Virat after Emg tour 2014) and then come back. He is only 26 so lots of time left.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know what the future holds for Rahul. He's just not living up to the mark.

Will be 27 in few months. With the talent coming through, he may very well be out.

Should be played throughout the Aus tour. If he still shows the Akmalesque performances, should be shown the door.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Don't know what the future holds for Rahul. He's just not living up to the mark.

Will be 27 in few months. With the talent coming through, he may very well be out.

Should be played throughout the Aus tour. If he still shows the Akmalesque performances, should be shown the door.
    If he gets a consistent run,I'm confident he'll find his feet.This chop and change is destroying his confidence

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul just signed a deal with Puma. He ain't going anywhere. Kohli would play him more. Like it or not, these things play a major role!

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    Rahul just signed a deal with Puma. He ain't going anywhere. Kohli would play him more. Like it or not, these things play a major role!
    One might assume that but it's not necessarily the case. Rahul was a beast in IPL and there is no reason why he won't be able to replicate that for years to come. There are probably more ad dollars and visibility in IPL then international cricket and Puma signed him for that exposure.

I think there are two groups that influence Indian cricket. One is the Mumbai mafia and the other Chennai(CSK). The Mumbai gang has Gavaskar, Manjrekar trying to influence through commentary (they can hype or put a player down through commentary. Just listen to Manjrekar's commentary while Pant was batting yesterday), Shastri as the coach and Rohit as the VC in the team. They will influence decisions like picking Shaw over Mayank, dropping Karun altogether, picking Rohit for tests in Australia, picking Krunal Pandya (Mumbai Indians). Then there is Tendulkar trying to voice his opinions to support the Shaw decision etc.

The Chennai gang will influence to keep MSD, Karthik, Jadav, Jadeja around.

Then there's Kohli. He assumes he has a say in everything but I believe he's just a tool that can be easily influenced by praise from Shastri and co. At the end, it appears Kohli is the king in all matters but the two groups have smartly operated for the past few years in the background getting what they want.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    If he gets a consistent run,I'm confident he'll find his feet.This chop and change is destroying his confidence
    Lol at consistent run. Time to kick this wannabe Kohli out of Indian team. Played all 5 tests against England and people still want him to play and find his feet while other players like Karun Nair are dropped unfairly.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    One might assume that but it's not necessarily the case. Rahul was a beast in IPL and there is no reason why he won't be able to replicate that for years to come. There are probably more ad dollars and visibility in IPL then international cricket and Puma signed him for that exposure.

I think there are two groups that influence Indian cricket. One is the Mumbai mafia and the other Chennai(CSK). The Mumbai gang has Gavaskar, Manjrekar trying to influence through commentary (they can hype or put a player down through commentary. Just listen to Manjrekar's commentary while Pant was batting yesterday), Shastri as the coach and Rohit as the VC in the team. They will influence decisions like picking Shaw over Mayank, dropping Karun altogether, picking Rohit for tests in Australia, picking Krunal Pandya (Mumbai Indians). Then there is Tendulkar trying to voice his opinions to support the Shaw decision etc.

Then there's Kohli. He assumes he has a say in everything but I believe he's just a tool that can be easily influenced by praise from Shastri and co. At the end, it appears Kohli is the king in all matters but the two groups have smartly operated for the past few years in the background getting what they want.
    #ThankYouIPL for giving us Mumbai and CSK Mafia Gang.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rahul is to blame for his plight but look at the chances he got. His batting slot keeps changing from 1 to 4 without a consistent run. I think he's just in the team albeit out of 11 to satisfy the Karnataka group considering the injustices meted out to Karun and Mayank. Dhoni and his Chennai gang have roped in the hack Rayudu who will be given a run at one stable spot unlike what they did to Rahul

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol at consistent run. Time to kick this wannabe Kohli out of Indian team. Played all 5 tests against England and people still want him to play and find his feet while other players like Karun Nair are dropped unfairly.
    Nair was indeed dropped unfairly.Should have replaced Rahane instead of going to Vihari

However no point comparing to opener.Opening in England has always been very tough and he did manage a late ton

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rahul is to blame for his plight but look at the chances he got. His batting slot keeps changing from 1 to 4 without a consistent run. I think he's just in the team albeit out of 11 to satisfy the Karnataka group considering the injustices meted out to Karun and Mayank. Dhoni and his Chennai gang have roped in the hack Rayudu who will be given a run at one stable spot unlike what they did to Rahul
    +1

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Do you have any proof of CSK, Mumbai and Karnataka Mafia Group's existence in Indian Cricket?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you have any proof of CSK, Mumbai and Karnataka Mafia Group's existence in Indian Cricket?
    Read my post above where I listed how I think they operate. It's my opinion based on the selections and how Indian team has gone about in the last few years

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said. I have time for Rahul. His hundred at oval was straw he clutched. Pitches in Aus should suit him. It is all in his head though!

Reg Mumbai mafia and Chennai gang - 100% agree. Manjerekar was virtually cheerleading shardul thakur in the first test v WI. Even after he limped off, he was talking down Umesh. Unfortunately for him, Umesh took 10 and Thakur should never play again.

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #ThankYouIPL for giving us Mumbai and CSK Mafia Gang.
    Mumbai gang was present since time immemorial and has nothing to do with IPL. Nilesh Kulkarni, Sairaj Bhahutule, Sameer Dighe, Abey Kuruvilla in the 90's
    Before that you have Ashok Mankad, Miling Rege etc.

Late nineties, it was Karnataka - Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, Prasad, Srinath, Joshi, Bharadwaj, Johnson, Dodda Ganesh, Sujit Somasunder etc

IPL brought another power player- TNCA thats all.