Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Cricket Scotland

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 800 of 1128
  1. #721
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,479
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indians once again getting too excited about an irrelevant knock played in a domestic tournament against club level bowlers.

    There is no denying Rahul's talent but Babar has achieved everything he has in the international cricket.

  2. #722
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very good innings no doubt by Rahul but you cannot say he is better than Babar because of it.

    I donít think Kohli has ever scored 50(15) either.

    There is barely a comparison between Babar and KL at the moment in LOI.

  3. #723
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Indians once again getting too excited about an irrelevant knock played in a domestic tournament against club level bowlers.

    There is no denying Rahul's talent but Babar has achieved everything he has in the international cricket.
    Everything against Sri Lanka and West Indies, two of the strongest teams in the world. Sure.

  4. #724
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    A very good innings no doubt by Rahul but you cannot say he is better than Babar because of it.

    I don’t think Kohli has ever scored 50(15) either.

    There is barely a comparison between Babar and KL at the moment in LOI.
    Agreed. Rahul is way better.

  5. #725
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    Agreed. Rahul is way better.
    Lol.

    Let me use your favorite rankings.

    Babar ODI ranking - 4
    Babar T20 ranking - 1

    Donít be a hypocrite

  6. #726
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Lol.

    Let me use your favorite rankings.

    Babar ODI ranking - 4
    Babar T20 ranking - 1

    Don’t be a hypocrite
    I don't care about rankings.

  7. #727
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    I don't care about rankings.
    Are you even Indian if you donít care about rankings

  8. #728
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    918
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Lol.

    Let me use your favorite rankings.

    Babar ODI ranking - 4
    Babar T20 ranking - 1

    Don’t be a hypocrite
    By scoring mostly against Windies and SL.

  9. #729
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    By scoring mostly against Windies and SL.
    Clearly shows how relevant rankings are then.

  10. #730
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,479
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    Everything against Sri Lanka and West Indies, two of the strongest teams in the world. Sure.
    One beat in T20 final.

    Other beat India in semi-final.

    Together both nations have cost India 3-4 trophies. Indians of all the people in the world shouldn't be speaking rubbish about them.

  11. #731
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    171
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some posters are acting very childish here . It is not necessary to ridicule a certain player just for the sake of praising one Ď s favourite one . Rahul , no doubt , has talent but let the guy perform at international level(hopefully he performs) . But saying Rahul is better than babar on the basis of just one domestic innings is absurd . Babar is much more consistent than him.
    Ps kohli today scored 31 from 33 balls , does this thing make kohli a lesser batsman than Rahul / Narine . Guys take a chill pill .

  12. #732
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    One beat in T20 final.

    Other beat India in semi-final.

    Together both nations have cost India 3-4 trophies. Indians of all the people in the world shouldn't be speaking rubbish about them.
    So this is the logic you're going to use? Wow.

  13. #733
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,726
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    But but but but Babar has one of has the lowest dot ball percentages! @Chief Destroyer

    It doesn't matter at all that he can't clear the boundary.

    Babar is good, probably as good as Hashim Amla and Kane Williamson! But..... that means he isn't good enough for ODI and T20 cricket currently.

    It doesn't mean he can't develop another gear. He must if he wants to go close to the best in ODIs/T20s.

    Becoming an impactful player is important. He has already said he's not interested in hitting boundaries or developing that skill.
    97 off 58.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  14. #734
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    97 off 58.
    86 off 52 as well back in the day
    Last edited by babajee; 8th April 2018 at 18:48.

  15. #735
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    918
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    86 off 52 as well back in the day
    Against club level attack.

  16. #736
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Against club level attack.
    Morkel, Tahir, Cutting (pretty sure he plays IPL)...

  17. #737
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    10,731
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MultanKaSultan View Post
    Bhai Akmals smacking ur PSl bowlers all around the park...tell me wat u r smoking
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    umesh yadav is better than any bowler in PSL. Cause you seem to make judgement with one innings.
    The guy compared Narine to Babar. I gave the results of when Narina and Babar played together in the same league on the same grounds.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 9th April 2018 at 00:42.

  18. #738
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,341
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    LOL. Have you not seen his interviews? He said heís been working on power hitting.

    Babar is an impactful player for Pakistan.
    In a recent interview, he said the opposite re. hitting boundaries.

    I'm not against Babar, he doesn't have that much of an impact game right now but he can improve it only if willing.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  19. #739
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    In a recent interview, he said the opposite re. hitting boundaries.

    I'm not against Babar, he doesn't have that much of an impact game right now but he can improve it only if willing.
    He does have a power game against 140k+ bowlers and spinners. Itís the trundlers he struggles to smash.

  20. #740
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,587
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Against club level attack.
    It didn't have any Indian bowlers so definitely above club level bowling attack.

  21. #741
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    410
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me a lot of Rahane in the sense that he's got everything except the power game. What surprises me is that he hasn't taken to test cricket like Rahane as he actually seems suited more to that format. Would be a clear area to work on as our Test batting unit really needs to improve.

  22. #742
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    It didn't have any Indian bowlers so definitely above club level bowling attack.
    Hey look i will mock Indian bowling that's so cool right.

  23. #743
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    294
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    86 off 52 as well back in the day
    You dont have to play bigger and entertaining shots like ab or kohli to be the best batsman.. this must n't be the criteria of judgement.. as long as a batsman is scoring at healthier strike rate, even without hitting huge sixes.. at the end what matters is how many runs you have scored.. i'll take him over any hit or miss player.. consistency is the biggest thing and thats where this guy is pure class..

  24. #744
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul would walk into the Pakistan side. Only reason he isn't in the Indian side atm because they have a higher level of batsmanship in their first XI.

    As for Rahul and Babar comparison: Rahul will win you more matches whereas Babar will be more consistent but because he can't go beyond 3rd gear his innings won't have much impact on on the fortunes of his side.

    As already mentioned on here I also concur that his knocks against World XI, SL and WI doesn't make you a bonafide no. 1 T20I batsman.
    Last edited by backfootpunch; 8th April 2018 at 21:52.

  25. #745
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    Rahul would walk into the Pakistan side. Only reason he isn't in the Indian side atm because they have a higher level of batsmanship in their first XI.

    As for Rahul and Babar comparison: Rahul will win you more matches whereas Babar will be more consistent but because he can't go beyond 3rd gear his innings won't have much impact on on the fortunes of his side.

    As already mentioned on here I also concur that his knocks against World XI, SL and WI doesn't make you a bonafide no. 1 T20I batsman.
    From my last statement ICC really ought to revamp their ranking system with more points given to those with performances against better opposition.

  26. #746
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    294
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    Rahul would walk into the Pakistan side. Only reason he isn't in the Indian side atm because they have a higher level of batsmanship in their first XI.

    As for Rahul and Babar comparison: Rahul will win you more matches whereas Babar will be more consistent but because he can't go beyond 3rd gear his innings won't have much impact on on the fortunes of his side.

    As already mentioned on here I also concur that his knocks against World XI, SL and WI doesn't make you a bonafide no. 1 T20I batsman.
    He even scored against nz in recent tour. scored 41(41) in the first game when all others failed badly.. scored 50(29) and kept the momentum going in pakistan's way after fakhar's blitz..

  27. #747
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    294
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    making a realistic prediction here... rahul (if remains fit otherwise his carrier is in seriously trouble due to his injury prone body) will have a pretty much successfull test career than babar.. babar is good in lois but his game does n't suit tests.. cover his strong zone and take a slip or two and he'll surrender.. but he will remain leagues ahead of rahul in lois (especially in odis)..

  28. #748
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoJoJoJo View Post
    He even scored against nz in recent tour. scored 41(41) in the first game when all others failed badly.. scored 50(29) and kept the momentum going in pakistan's way after fakhar's blitz..
    His 50 off 29 balls was quality but the the other 2 knocks were scored at run a ball which is a poor SR which sums up when I was saying "consistent but doesn't have the impact".

    Unfortunately Pakistan's batting culture and mindset has gone backwards and more defensive when it should be progressing (in a more batting friendly era) from what it was back in the late 90s and early 2000s, when they were playing a more aggressive brand of cricket. These guys were ahead of their time! You had the likes of Saeed Anwar, Ijaz Ahmed, Razzaq, Inzy, Afridi, Azhar Mahmood, Moin Khan and etc who all had a great power game.
    Last edited by backfootpunch; 8th April 2018 at 22:05.

  29. #749
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    422
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Rahul can score consistent 50s throughout the IPL like Babar Azam, then he will be in the same league.

    As of now, Lokesh Rahul is 2 leagues lower than Babar Azam. Babar Azam is the man who scores a lot of half tons in 30 odd balls, unmatchable to any cricketer in the world. He is consistent legend

  30. #750
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    His 50 off 29 balls was quality but the the other 2 knocks were scored at run a ball which is a poor SR which sums up when I was saying "consistent but doesn't have the impact".

    Unfortunately Pakistan's batting culture and mindset has gone backwards and more defensive when it should be progressing (in a more batting friendly era) from what it was back in the late 90s and early 2000s, when they were playing a more aggressive brand of cricket. These guys were ahead of their time! You had the likes of Saeed Anwar, Ijaz Ahmed, Razzaq, Inzy, Afridi, Azhar Mahmood, Moin Khan and etc who all had a great power game.
    Babar does have a power game. We just havenít seen much of it yet.

  31. #751
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    135
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is leagues ahead... The boy has 1000 more international runs and is 3 yrs younger.

  32. #752
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    8,071
    Mentioned
    935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just watched the highlights. Spectacular player.


    Approach me like you're hard, Imma bank you.

  33. #753
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    918
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    Babar is leagues ahead... The boy has 1000 more international runs and is 3 yrs younger.
    600 of those 850 against w8ndies and world 11. Stop fooling people. He has not played a game against Aus,sa,India. Played a game against Eng and failed.

  34. #754
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    918
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Babar does have a power game. We just haven’t seen much of it yet.
    Lol. He has not showed his power game after playing 50 + LOI and many times he had to chase huge target but didn’t feel the need to unleash his power game? Pls come back with better excuse.

  35. #755
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    6,225
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rahul has the potential to be among the top 3 batsmen in the world. However, until he does better in internationals, he's below Babar.

  36. #756
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    5,545
    Mentioned
    1238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    KL is a good player but needs a little bit of consistency in the shorter formats. His test form since his return has been patchy as well but he does have the talent to become the main stay of Indian batting in all 3 formats.

  37. #757
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,043
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    600 of those 850 against w8ndies and world 11. Stop fooling people. He has not played a game against Aus,sa,India. Played a game against Eng and failed.
    Lol at mentioning Indian bowling alongside Aus and SA. Babar will average a million against Indian shooper ishtar trundlers when he plays enough games.

  38. #758
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    329
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Lol at mentioning Indian bowling alongside Aus and SA. Babar will average a million against Indian shooper ishtar trundlers when he plays enough games.
    I wouldn't doubt that. I see all the traits of next Shoaib Malik in him. Or maybe next Salman Butt?

  39. #759
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    97 off 58.
    Agsinst club level PSL trundlers

  40. #760
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Indians once again getting too excited about an irrelevant knock played in a domestic tournament against club level bowlers.

    There is no denying Rahul's talent but Babar has achieved everything he has in the international cricket.
    Boult is a club level bowler
    Ohh i didnt knw that

  41. #761
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    600 of those 850 against w8ndies and world 11. Stop fooling people. He has not played a game against Aus,sa,India. Played a game against Eng and failed.
    But he is the best LOI Pakistani Batsman we have seen in ths decade...And after getting more than a decent batsman in thr lineup after long time we can expect them to go over the moon and Overhyped him like anythng...so for them it really doesn't matters wheather he scored those runs against WI ZIM SL on dead pitches...out of desperation they will igonre all the facts..

  42. #762
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    600 of those 850 against w8ndies and world 11. Stop fooling people. He has not played a game against Aus,sa,India. Played a game against Eng and failed.
    They are not fooling people they are fooling themselves..even they know whats the reality...jus a matter of time..and it will hit them hard..

  43. #763
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,218
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know a great deal about KL Rahul but Babar has definitely achieved more for Pak than Rahul has for India

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  44. #764
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually KL Rahul is born in wrong place. If he was pakistani he would be their captain by now and biggest superstar since Imran Khan.. Poor boy is so talented but can't find a spot in the team while FTBs like Babar and Shahzad have played so much for pakistan in such short time..

  45. #765
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    947
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    600 of those 850 against w8ndies and world 11. Stop fooling people. He has not played a game against Aus,sa,India. Played a game against Eng and failed.

    What are Rahul's achievements in International ODIs and T20s?


    'We know which Pakistan has turned up today...'

    'It's the one to be afraid of.'

  46. #766
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    947
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Actually KL Rahul is born in wrong place. If he was pakistani he would be their captain by now and biggest superstar since Imran Khan.. Poor boy is so talented but can't find a spot in the team while FTBs like Babar and Shahzad have played so much for pakistan in such short time..
    If you are here to troll at least do a better job. Sounds like a Pakistani fan crying about when Umar Akmal wasn't in the PAK side. KL Rahul hasn't been dropped from the Indian side because Lara is batting in his position, he has been dropped because he averages 35.


    'We know which Pakistan has turned up today...'

    'It's the one to be afraid of.'

  47. #767
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm okay okay

  48. #768
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    947
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MultanKaSultan View Post
    But he is the best LOI Pakistani Batsman we have seen in ths decade...And after getting more than a decent batsman in thr lineup after long time we can expect them to go over the moon and Overhyped him like anythng...so for them it really doesn't matters wheather he scored those runs against WI ZIM SL on dead pitches...out of desperation they will igonre all the facts..
    IN ODIs,

    KL averages 35
    Babar averages 52

    In T20s

    KL averages 45
    Babar averages 55

    Until that changes, you can't say that Rahul is comfortably better than Babar.

    Pretty ironic that according to you a guy who's ranked 4 and 1 in ODI and T20 rankings respectively is being massively overrated yet a guy who averages 35 in ODIs and can't even get ahead of Rahane in the ODI XI isn't.


    'We know which Pakistan has turned up today...'

    'It's the one to be afraid of.'

  49. #769
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul has had many opportunities vs SL. Could have cashed in but didnít.

  50. #770
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Babar does have a power game. We just havenít seen much of it yet.
    Well I look forward to seeing what he can do in the next couple of years up until the next WT20 in India when we will have a definitive idea of where he is in T20Is - if he proves me wrong I'll be the first to admit and give you credit for your insights. As of now if he can barely manage a SR of 120-125 in this year's PSL (remember a domestic T20I tournament) then there is no basis to say he has a power game unless he is a selfish batsman like Tamim Iqbal who I actually believe has the ability to strike it at 135+ at least.

    Yes Babar is more consistent as I've said before but he is a lot more sedate - just compare his stats in PSL 3 to Fakhar's:

    Babar Azam: Averaging 40.20 @ 122.18
    Fakhar Zaman: 27.70 BUT @ 147.34 (magnificent)

    They plated the same bowlers on the same pitches so there are no excuses for Babar with his SR but for some reason Babar Azam is made out to be the best T20I batsman on here just like in ODIs - simply on the basis of his averages in both formats.

    His performances in ODIs have a similar pattern as well but yet again he's so overrated on this forum when he isn't even the best ODI or T20I player in the team.

  51. #771
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    Well I look forward to seeing what he can do in the next couple of years up until the next WT20 in India when we will have a definitive idea of where he is in T20Is - if he proves me wrong I'll be the first to admit and give you credit for your insights. As of now if he can barely manage a SR of 120-125 in this year's PSL (remember a domestic T20I tournament) then there is no basis to say he has a power game unless he is a selfish batsman like Tamim Iqbal who I actually believe has the ability to strike it at 135+ at least.

    Yes Babar is more consistent as I've said before but he is a lot more sedate - just compa his stats in PSL 3 to Fakhar's:

    Babar Azam: Averaging 40.20 @ 122.18
    Fakhar Zaman: 27.70 BUT @ 147.34 (magnificent)

    They plated the same bowlers on the same pitches so there are no excuses for Babar with his SR but for some reason Babar Azam is made out to be the best T20I batsman on here just like in ODIs - simply on the basis of his averages in both formats.

    His performances in ODIs have a similar pattern as well but yet again he's so overrated on this forum when he isn't even the best ODI or T20I player in the team.
    Both Babar and Fakhar have their roles in T20 and ODI. Pakistan team needs them both.

  52. #772
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Both Babar and Fakhar have their roles in T20 and ODI. Pakistan team needs them both.
    Absolutely I totally agree with that which is why Babar is targeted with a higher average as he is the anchor with the team whereas with Fakhar it's about taking more risks to propel the team's score or at least give them a flyer in the powerplay overs.

    All I'm saying is a SR of 122 isn't good enough when the pitches were a lot easier to score on compared to the last couple of years. It should be no less than 135.

  53. #773
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    Absolutely I totally agree with that which is why Babar is targeted with a higher average as he is the anchor with the team whereas with Fakhar it's about taking more risks to propel the team's score or at least give them a flyer in the powerplay overs.

    All I'm saying is a SR of 122 isn't good enough when the pitches were a lot easier to score on compared to the last couple of years. It should be no less than 135.
    Yeah it is a bit low but has been dragged down by a few garbage knocks played by Babar like that 50 against Islamabad where he looked like a tailender and got to his 50 at a strike rate of ~105.

  54. #774
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Yeah it is a bit low but has been dragged down by a few garbage knocks played by Babar like that 50 against Islamabad where he looked like a tailender and got to his 50 at a strike rate of ~105.
    Babar won't lose games for Pakistan on his own because it's a team game however it's the loss of Sharjeel that is going to hit the team the hardest in the coming years due to Sethi's agenda.

  55. #775
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    26
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul has a power game that Babar does'nt have. But the Indians ridiculing Babar that he scores only against SL and WI have no idea of Babar's career so far. Babar is capable of a number "100(120)" knocks against top opponents too. He has done that in Australia. But you can't expect match winning knocks in a tight chase from Babar.

  56. #776
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    918
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Lol at mentioning Indian bowling alongside Aus and SA. Babar will average a million against Indian shooper ishtar trundlers when he plays enough games.
    You don’t seem to know what is going on currently. Did you see what happened in SA recently. Which bowling attack was better there? Who is the current no 1 t20 bowler? Bumrah didn’t become no 1 by playing most of the games against Windies and world 11.

  57. #777
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,657
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when Bobs is at the top of the rankings, they suddenly are not the be-all and end-all of cricket standards. Interesting POV.


    "Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

  58. #778
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    772
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In ODIs, I would take Babar over any batsman except Kohli and Dhawan right now. Rahul is yet to showcase any degree of consistency in ODI cricket. A comparison with Babar is not even justified at this stage, such is the difference.

    In T20s, I would pick KL over Babar. Latter over Shreyas Iyer and Rishab Pant though.

    In tests, I would again pick KL over Babar. Latter at this stage won't get into India's B side.

  59. #779
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Lol.

    Let me use your favorite rankings.

    Babar ODI ranking - 4
    Babar T20 ranking - 1

    Donít be a hypocrite
    Babar's stats

    T20s
    1. 83% of his runs have come against WI, SL and WXI. (4 out of 5 fifties)
    2. 55% of his runs are against WI
    3. Has played only 4 match against top teams (1 - ENG, 3- NZ)
    4. Hasn't played a match against AUS, SA, IND

    ODIs
    1. 53% of his runs have come against WI, SL, ZIM, IRE (6 out of 7 centuries)
    2. 59% of his runs have come in ASIA and WI (6 out of 7 centuries)
    2. Averages 38 at SR of 82 against top teams (ENG, SA, IND, AUS, NZ)

  60. #780
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,553
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MultanKaSultan View Post
    Agsinst club level PSL trundlers
    But he didn't make 97 off 58 in the PSL


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  61. #781
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanAndGreen View Post
    IN ODIs,

    KL averages 35
    Babar averages 52

    In T20s

    KL averages 45
    Babar averages 55

    Until that changes, you can't say that Rahul is comfortably better than Babar.

    Pretty ironic that according to you a guy who's ranked 4 and 1 in ODI and T20 rankings respectively is being massively overrated yet a guy who averages 35 in ODIs and can't even get ahead of Rahane in the ODI XI isn't.
    Because of our stubborn captain, not because Rahane is better.

  62. #782
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,657
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pks85333 View Post
    Babar's stats

    T20s
    1. 83% of his runs have come against WI, SL and WXI. (4 out of 5 fifties)
    2. 55% of his runs are against WI
    3. Has played only 4 match against top teams (1 - ENG, 3- NZ)
    4. Hasn't played a match against AUS, SA, IND

    ODIs
    1. 53% of his runs have come against WI, SL, ZIM, IRE (6 out of 7 centuries)
    2. 59% of his runs have come in ASIA and WI (6 out of 7 centuries)
    2. Averages 38 at SR of 82 against top teams (ENG, SA, IND, AUS, NZ)
    Rahul's stats

    ODIs
    1. Overall avergae of 35.42
    2. Averages 196 against ZIM
    3. Averages 8 against ENG
    4. Averages 9.33 against SL
    5. Has played 100% of his matches in ASIA
    6. Hasn't played a match against AUS, SA, IND

    T20s
    1. Overall average of 45.45
    2. Averages 34.5 against ZIM
    3. Averages 33.46 against ENG
    4. Averages 37.67 against SL
    5. Has played all matches except 1 in ASIA
    6. Hasn't played a match against AUS, SA, IND
    Last edited by ManFan; 9th April 2018 at 15:10.


    "Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

  63. #783
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pks85333 View Post
    Babar's stats

    T20s
    1. 83% of his runs have come against WI, SL and WXI. (4 out of 5 fifties)
    2. 55% of his runs are against WI
    3. Has played only 4 match against top teams (1 - ENG, 3- NZ)
    4. Hasn't played a match against AUS, SA, IND

    ODIs
    1. 53% of his runs have come against WI, SL, ZIM, IRE (6 out of 7 centuries)
    2. 59% of his runs have come in ASIA and WI (6 out of 7 centuries)
    2. Averages 38 at SR of 82 against top teams (ENG, SA, IND, AUS, NZ)
    Yeah that top team ODI average has been pulled down after his disasterous tour of NZ. Before that it was 47 at 85+ SR.

  64. #784
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,755
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best player would be a combination of Rahul's range of strokes with Babur's temperament. Right now Babur is miles ahead because he is scoring runs. Rahul was given multiple chances in ODIs and no. 4 was his for the taking. He failed because he just doesn't know how to build an innings in ODIs. Babur can but is limited by his stroke play.

    Question is who can get there first. Is it easier for Rahul to change his mindset or for Babur to increase his range.

  65. #785
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    918
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    But he didn't make 97 off 58 in the PSL
    Good you didn't feel the need to mention the opponent name. As per many here, PSL bowling is as good as any international team. I would have given more credits if he had done that against PSL attack. But the team against which he played that innings was a lot worse than pSL bowling attack.
    Last edited by Send1983; 9th April 2018 at 15:14.

  66. #786
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,553
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Good you didn't feel the need to mention the opponent name. As per many here, PSL bowling is as good as any international team. I would have given more credits if he had done that against PSL attack. But the team against which he played that innings was a lot worse than pSL bowling attack.
    Don't worry, I don't think he's the next coming of Bradman.

    Just correcting a mistake.

    Anyway, Rahul is a couple of years older. Not too worried about Babar's output against the better teams just yet, but if we're still discussing this in a couple of years' time, then it'll be a cause for concern.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  67. #787
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,590
    Mentioned
    1329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the recent Nidhas Trophy, KL Rahul played three matches and got to bat twice. His scores were 18(17) vs SL, DNB vs BD, 24(14) vs BD.



    So Babar's amazing stats are dispelled because they are against lower ranked sides but ATG KL Rahul isn't even managing to do well against those same lower ranked sides.



    The problem with Indian chest-thumpers is that their opinions are never based on trivial things such as logic or facts.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  68. #788
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    920
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to dispel myth Babar has only scored runs against SL and WI. Against those whom he has played 5 or more ODIs, he averages 57 against Aus, 37 against England (will likely increase now that he will be playing against England as an older and wiser cricketer), 25 against NZ, 102 against the WI and 58 against SL.

    Averaging less than 30 against just one side, aged just 23 is exceptional going. Especially taking into account he has a century and a fifty in his first tour of Australia. Not to mention handy knocks in his first world tournament.

    Yet another myth debunked thanks to Barah Admi.

    Also, just so Indian's don't get offended, Kohli is the greatest!

  69. #789
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    772
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhelpma View Post
    Some posters are acting very childish here . It is not necessary to ridicule a certain player just for the sake of praising one ‘ s favourite one . Rahul , no doubt , has talent but let the guy perform at international level(hopefully he performs) . But saying Rahul is better than babar on the basis of just one domestic innings is absurd . Babar is much more consistent than him.
    Ps kohli today scored 31 from 33 balls , does this thing make kohli a lesser batsman than Rahul / Narine . Guys take a chill pill .
    Dude, I will select KL Rahul over every Indian batsman except Kohli and Dhawan in T20s. And KL has a better power game in T20 than Kohli. That is also quite evident. He would be the first name on the team sheet against a full strength WI against which we need 200 bare minimum.

  70. #790
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    In the recent Nidhas Trophy, KL Rahul played three matches and got to bat twice. His scores were 18(17) vs SL, DNB vs BD, 24(14) vs BD.



    So Babar's amazing stats are dispelled because they are against lower ranked sides but ATG KL Rahul isn't even managing to do well against those same lower ranked sides.



    The problem with Indian chest-thumpers is that their opinions are never based on trivial things such as logic or facts.
    Thrn why do u people humiliate rohit when he scores 200 against sri lanka while even your greatest of the greatest batsman cant do it.

  71. #791
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Just want to dispel myth Babar has only scored runs against SL and WI. Against those whom he has played 5 or more ODIs, he averages 57 against Aus, 37 against England (will likely increase now that he will be playing against England as an older and wiser cricketer), 25 against NZ, 102 against the WI and 58 against SL.

    Averaging less than 30 against just one side, aged just 23 is exceptional going. Especially taking into account he has a century and a fifty in his first tour of Australia. Not to mention handy knocks in his first world tournament.

    Yet another myth debunked thanks to Barah Admi.

    Also, just so Indian's don't get offended, Kohli is the greatest!
    Instead of dispelling any myth you have trolled yourself.
    Babar's avg is poor against all quality sidea except aus, and that avg against aus is inflated by one of the most selfish ton he ever scored.

  72. #792
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,294
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LK seems to have concentration issues. Loses focus after scoring few runs and gets himself out. He needs to practise some meditation or yoga or something.

  73. #793
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,637
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ďBabar only performs against minnowsĒ argument would only be valid if KL had actually scored against quality sides.

    KL canít even score against minnows let alone top 5 teams atm.

    Anyway Babar has played good innings against top sides:

    62(62) vs ENG
    51(51) vs ENG
    62(76) vs NZ
    83(77) vs NZ
    84(100) vs AUS
    100(109) vs AUS
    46(52) vs IND

  74. #794
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    In ODIs, I would take Babar over any batsman except Kohli and Dhawan right now. Rahul is yet to showcase any degree of consistency in ODI cricket. A comparison with Babar is not even justified at this stage, such is the difference.

    In T20s, I would pick KL over Babar. Latter over Shreyas Iyer and Rishab Pant though.

    In tests, I would again pick KL over Babar. Latter at this stage won't get into India's B side.
    So you will take babar over Rohit Sharma

  75. #795
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Thrn why do u people humiliate rohit when he scores 200 against sri lanka while even your greatest of the greatest batsman cant do it.
    Look at the way they hype Babar
    And when It came to Rohit Sharma the only cricketer with 3 Double Centuries in ODI
    They labelled him as FTB,Aamir Bunny,Cant Play against Lateral Movement ane blah blah
    Rohit Sharma better than Any Batsman pakistan have produced in thr ODI history
    But just look at the hypocrisy...Pakistanis just can't digest batting greats india producing one after another..Mocking Players like Rohit Sharma and overhyping players like babar faheem...

  76. #796
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    772
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MultanKaSultan View Post
    So you will take babar over Rohit Sharma
    Yes. Kohli needs just one more consistent partner to win more games for India. Rohit is too hit and miss.

    Also we can replace Rohit with KL, heck even Rahane, but we dearly miss a solid middle order batsman.

  77. #797
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    3,142
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who are calling for KL Rahul to be consistent probably haven't followed him well enough:

    1. He doesn't get chances in ODIs because Dhawan and Rohit are the established opening pair (hardly played 10 ODIs in the last 2-3 years).

    2. In T20Is, he averages over 45 at an SR of 145 in 15 matches, so he has been quite consistent there in the limited matches he has played.

    3. In Tests, he had nine 50+ scores in 11 innings (7 consecutive 50s) last year. You could argue he was unsuccessful in converting them into 100s but some of them were on difficult tracks where even a 50 was gold. So, apart from the 2 Tests in SA, he has been pretty consistent here as well.

  78. #798
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    3,142
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    In the recent Nidhas Trophy, KL Rahul played three matches and got to bat twice. His scores were 18(17) vs SL, DNB vs BD, 24(14) vs BD.



    So Babar's amazing stats are dispelled because they are against lower ranked sides but ATG KL Rahul isn't even managing to do well against those same lower ranked sides.



    The problem with Indian chest-thumpers is that their opinions are never based on trivial things such as logic or facts.
    If those facts include a grand sample size of 2 innings, where he was not even playing at his natural position and was unlucky to be hit-wicket in one of them; then yeah it is indeed trivial !

  79. #799
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most hilarious thing is , when Kohli was the no 1 t-20 batsman in the world, Pak fans were like "t-20 rankings are a joke, no one take t-20 rankings seriously", and now that His Highness babar azam is the no 1 batsman in the world, the same rankings are suddenly the most legitimate rankings in the world.

  80. #800
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    294
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    The most hilarious thing is , when Kohli was the no 1 t-20 batsman in the world, Pak fans were like "t-20 rankings are a joke, no one take t-20 rankings seriously", and now that His Highness babar azam is the no 1 batsman in the world, the same rankings are suddenly the most legitimate rankings in the world.
    most ppl (including pakistanis) rate kohli higher than babar in t20is and he still deserves to be no 1 but lack of games hurt his rankings.. who said kohli is not the best bat in t20i.. can you please quote atleast one of the post here?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •