Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Cricket Scotland

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 880 of 1129
  1. #801
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    949
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    The most hilarious thing is , when Kohli was the no 1 t-20 batsman in the world, Pak fans were like "t-20 rankings are a joke, no one take t-20 rankings seriously", and now that His Highness babar azam is the no 1 batsman in the world, the same rankings are suddenly the most legitimate rankings in the world.
    Using a couple of fans as a representative for the entire fan base isn't really the smartest way to win arguments.

    As a disclaimer that I'm sure most PAK fans will agree with, Babar has absolutely no comparison with Kohli or Rohit, who are world class, established LOI (Kohli being an ATG) batters. The comparison is with KL Rahul - a player of similar experience - and considering the records of the 2 players, it's an appropriate comparison to make.


    'We know which Pakistan has turned up today...'

    'It's the one to be afraid of.'

  2. #802
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    949
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Instead of dispelling any myth you have trolled yourself.
    Babar's avg is poor against all quality sidea except aus, and that avg against aus is inflated by one of the most selfish ton he ever scored.
    He got starts/50 in every match in that series bud. Literally the only place he's had a bad tour was the recently concluded NZL series. In fact in his first outing in NZL at age 20 he averaged around 60.

    Besides, it's not like he's being compared with a Kohli here, he's been compared with a bloke who averages 35 in ODIs despite having not played a single ODI in SENA.

    You can't average 50 odd in both LOI forms after 3 years of international cricket if you are strictly bashing minnows. But that's where the goal post shift for some fans who believe that he is a minnow basher and if he has scored away from home, they are only 'meaningless, selfish' innings.

  3. #803
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    300
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that Rahul has higher ceiling but atm Babar is better. He is scoring consistently.

  4. #804
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    723
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is consistent, with lack of strokes.

    Rahul has strokes all around the ground, but lacks consistency big time.

    So neither is a complete batsman. If they can add the missing skill, they would truly become WC.


    Also there is no need to have personal digs, learn to disagree.

    If u ask me personally I would take Babar out of the 2.

  5. #805
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    410
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really rate Rahul. Can be India's next all-format great after Kohli. His test-record in particular is much better than Babar, and did well against a quality attack of Stac, Hazelwood, Cummins and Lyon in India. Babar has a much better ODI record but it comes with the caveat that the bulk of his runs are against poor attacks. Both Babar and Rahul have fearsome T20 records, though Babar has played more games and Rahul had a much higher strike rate.

    Overall:
    Tests: Rahul>Babar
    ODIs: Babar>Rahul
    T20s: Babar>=Rahul

    Overall: They're pretty much equal right now. Such early days in their careers that it's hard to say. However, the big question is how they would develop. Babar's got a very unPakistani streak in the sense he seems to have a much calmer focused approach to batsmanship. Rahul has the support of Dravid who rates him, but not the team management. Would be interesting to see how this goes.

  6. #806
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,415
    Mentioned
    4319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    If Rahul fulfills his potential, Babar will not be able to match him.

    He is the most complete batsman India has produced since Kohli.

  7. #807
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,680
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    If Rahul fulfills his potential, Babar will not be able to match him.

    He is the most complete batsman India has produced since Kohli.
    If Babar fulfills his potential, Rahul will not be able to match him.

    He is the most complete batsman Pakistan has ever produced.

    Loving these entirely arbitrary statements.

  8. #808
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    276
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    If Rahul fulfills his potential, Babar will not be able to match him.

    He is the most complete batsman India has produced since Kohli.
    If umar akmal fulfills his potential. He will become greatest since bradman

  9. #809
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,892
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Babar is the best asian batter after Kohli. Not sure why he is being compared to a nobody.

  10. #810
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,680
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is unlucky that he will never get to play the top teams consistently at home.

  11. #811
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,415
    Mentioned
    4319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    If umar akmal fulfills his potential. He will become greatest since bradman
    Umar Akmal plays for Pakistan, a team with terrible batting culture and no-role models. Indian cricket is the ideal setup for a young batsmen to grow. The problem for India right now is that they are unable to find a permanent spot for him in the lineup. They have the world's best opening pair, and they haven't given him enough chances at #4.

    If Rahul gets a permanent spot in the team, he will fly.

  12. #812
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,415
    Mentioned
    4319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    If Babar fulfills his potential, Rahul will not be able to match him.

    He is the most complete batsman Pakistan has ever produced.

    Loving these entirely arbitrary statements.
    'Most complete batsmen Pakistan has ever produced means nothing.' Our batting legacy is a joke.

    It is not an arbitrary statement - Rahul has everything Babar has plus more. The only thing he is lacking at this point is temperament, and it will come with time. He is under pressure because he does not have a permanent position in the team and is always under the pump to score.

    Babar is a prolific run machine, an excellent batsman no doubt. However, he doesn't have Rahul's power game.

  13. #813
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,680
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    'Most complete batsmen Pakistan has ever produced means nothing.' Our batting legacy is a joke.

    It is not an arbitrary statement - Rahul has everything Babar has plus more. The only thing he is lacking at this point is temperament, and it will come with time. He is under pressure because he does not have a permanent position in the team and is always under the pump to score.

    Babar is a prolific run machine, an excellent batsman no doubt. However, he doesn't have Rahul's power game.
    What is the use of a power game if you cannot survive long enough at the crease to use it?

    Anyway, Babar has a power game against pacers and spinners. Itís the trundlers he struggles against.

  14. #814
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,415
    Mentioned
    4319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    What is the use of a power game if you cannot survive long enough at the crease to use it?

    Anyway, Babar has a power game against pacers and spinners. It’s the trundlers he struggles against.
    He cannot explode like Rahul, who has the ability to hit some huge sixes and hit out of the blocks. Babar cannot score a 15 ball 50 or a 40 ball hundred. He has limitations.

    Rahul's temperament is not great yet, but he could not be in a better environment. It is only a matter of getting a good run in Limited Overs.

    With Vijay heading towards the end of his career, he will certainly get a permanent spot in Test cricket now, and his Test career has been impressive at this point unlike Babar.

  15. #815
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,680
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He cannot explode like Rahul, who has the ability to hit some huge sixes and hit out of the blocks. Babar cannot score a 15 ball 50 or a 40 ball hundred. He has limitations.

    Rahul's temperament is not great yet, but he could not be in a better environment. It is only a matter of getting a good run in Limited Overs.

    With Vijay heading towards the end of his career, he will certainly get a permanent spot in Test cricket now, and his Test career has been impressive at this point unlike Babar.
    Has Kohli scored a 15 ball 50 or 40 ball hundred ?

    At the moment Rahul is the Indian Umar Akmal. Occasional flashes of brilliance, some breathtaking shots at times but canít score consistently.

  16. #816
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    135
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He cannot explode like Rahul, who has the ability to hit some huge sixes and hit out of the blocks. Babar cannot score a 15 ball 50 or a 40 ball hundred. He has limitations.

    Rahul's temperament is not great yet, but he could not be in a better environment. It is only a matter of getting a good run in Limited Overs.

    With Vijay heading towards the end of his career, he will certainly get a permanent spot in Test cricket now, and his Test career has been impressive at this point unlike Babar.
    going by this logic someone like Inzi should have surpassed Jayawardene as he is a better power hitter and could do everything Mahela can

  17. #817
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    707
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Has Kohli scored a 15 ball 50 or 40 ball hundred ?

    At the moment Rahul is the Indian Umar Akmal. Occasional flashes of brilliance, some breathtaking shots at times but can’t score consistently.
    That's a ridiculous statement, Kohli has shown utterly immense acceleration potential throughout his career - explosive IPL centuries, that century vs SL where he tore Malinga in half, that century in around 50 balls vs Australia during a mammoth chase etc. To question his hitting ability is honestly a joke, he's spoken in the same sentence as Viv for a reason.

    Rahul has been extremely consistent in tests for a young batsman, and it's not his fault India is playing Russian roulette with the number 4 slot in ODIs. This is the one aspect of Kohli's captaincy I don't like, his lack of investment in Rahul. He has shown he'll back a youngster he believes in, a la Pandya or to a lesser extent, Kuldeep, but him not doing the same for Rahul is very surprising to me, that man should have a spot made for him to be invested in, not tossed to someone like Iyer who is completely below him in class, talent and ability.

  18. #818
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    934
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Instead of dispelling any myth you have trolled yourself.
    Babar's avg is poor against all quality sidea except aus, and that avg against aus is inflated by one of the most selfish ton he ever scored.
    You don't understand what a poor average is. At this stage in his career Kohli didn't even have a century outside of Asia, average 7 runs less with a slower SR.

    Keep working though, you might outsmart me one day.

  19. #819
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,415
    Mentioned
    4319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    going by this logic someone like Inzi should have surpassed Jayawardene as he is a better power hitter and could do everything Mahela can
    Inzamam > Mahela by any measure.

  20. #820
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    707
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    going by this logic someone like Inzi should have surpassed Jayawardene as he is a better power hitter and could do everything Mahela can
    Inzi was better than Jayawardene so not sure what this is even meant to mean

  21. #821
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,680
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuzaifaE View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement, Kohli has shown utterly immense acceleration potential throughout his career - explosive IPL centuries, that century vs SL where he tore Malinga in half, that century in around 50 balls vs Australia during a mammoth chase etc. To question his hitting ability is honestly a joke, he's spoken in the same sentence as Viv for a reason.

    Rahul has been extremely consistent in tests for a young batsman, and it's not his fault India is playing Russian roulette with the number 4 slot in ODIs. This is the one aspect of Kohli's captaincy I don't like, his lack of investment in Rahul. He has shown he'll back a youngster he believes in, a la Pandya or to a lesser extent, Kuldeep, but him not doing the same for Rahul is very surprising to me, that man should have a spot made for him to be invested in, not tossed to someone like Iyer who is completely below him in class, talent and ability.
    Iím not questioning Kohliís acceleration ability. My point is that 15 ball 50s and 40 ball 100s are not an indicator of greatness.

  22. #822
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,415
    Mentioned
    4319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Has Kohli scored a 15 ball 50 or 40 ball hundred ?

    At the moment Rahul is the Indian Umar Akmal. Occasional flashes of brilliance, some breathtaking shots at times but canít score consistently.
    Kohli definitely can. He is the same player who chased down 320 in 35 overs, has the fastest Indian ODI ton to his name, and won a T20 match in the 19th over when the required run rate was 13 only 3-4 overs prior. Such is his extraordinary class.

    However, if he plays high risk cricket, he will still be the best batsman around but he won't be as consistent as he is now. If he takes is strike rate from 90 to 110, his average might drop from 58 to 52.

    Calling Rahul an Indian Umar is an exaggeration. He is not even close to stooping to his level.

  23. #823
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    88
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    'Most complete batsmen Pakistan has ever produced means nothing.' Our batting legacy is a joke.

    It is not an arbitrary statement - Rahul has everything Babar has plus more. The only thing he is lacking at this point is temperament, and it will come with time. He is under pressure because he does not have a permanent position in the team and is always under the pump to score.

    Babar is a prolific run machine, an excellent batsman no doubt. However, he doesn't have Rahul's power game.
    So Rahul has everything but temperament and Babar has everything but powergame. That sounds like Babar has all the raw materials of a good batsman and Rahul is missing the key ingredient.

  24. #824
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,415
    Mentioned
    4319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    So Rahul has everything but temperament and Babar has everything but powergame. That sounds like Babar has all the raw materials of a good batsman and Rahul is missing the key ingredient.
    It will be easier for Rahul to have Babar's temperament than for Babar to have Rahul's dynamism. The former has already exhibited superior temperament in Test cricket, and the only reason why he has not been able to replicate that in ODIs is because he has not been allowed to settle at any position.

    Overall, Rahul's ceiling is certainly higher than Babar's.

  25. #825
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,415
    Mentioned
    4319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuzaifaE View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement, Kohli has shown utterly immense acceleration potential throughout his career - explosive IPL centuries, that century vs SL where he tore Malinga in half, that century in around 50 balls vs Australia during a mammoth chase etc. To question his hitting ability is honestly a joke, he's spoken in the same sentence as Viv for a reason.

    Rahul has been extremely consistent in tests for a young batsman, and it's not his fault India is playing Russian roulette with the number 4 slot in ODIs. This is the one aspect of Kohli's captaincy I don't like, his lack of investment in Rahul. He has shown he'll back a youngster he believes in, a la Pandya or to a lesser extent, Kuldeep, but him not doing the same for Rahul is very surprising to me, that man should have a spot made for him to be invested in, not tossed to someone like Iyer who is completely below him in class, talent and ability.
    Agree with this. It will the biggest failure of the Kohli era if India wastes a player like Rahul.

  26. #826
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    707
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    So Rahul has everything but temperament and Babar has everything but powergame. That sounds like Babar has all the raw materials of a good batsman and Rahul is missing the key ingredient.
    Rahul must cope pretty well to score >50 8 times in 9 test innings without temperament

  27. #827
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,666
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny that as soon as stats were brought in, suddenly this thread has stagnated.


    "Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

  28. #828
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,429
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    It's funny that as soon as stats were brought in, suddenly this thread has stagnated.
    As expected, Babar < Rahul in Tests and better in LOIs. On potential Shaheen Shah may be better than Amir but you can't say he is better right now

  29. #829
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,666
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    As expected, Babar < Rahul in Tests and better in LOIs. On potential Shaheen Shah may be better than Amir but you can't say he is better right now
    Rahul is better in LOI's?


    "Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

  30. #830
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,429
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Rahul is better in LOI's?
    Talking about Babar being better

  31. #831
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,666
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Talking about Babar being better
    Thatís clearly the case as of now.

    Rahul is light years ahead in Tests however.


    "Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

  32. #832
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    294
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Has Kohli scored a 15 ball 50 or 40 ball hundred ?

    At the moment Rahul is the Indian Umar Akmal. Occasional flashes of brilliance, some breathtaking shots at times but can’t score consistently.
    Well Kohli do have a 50 ball hundred

  33. #833
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    294
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that was against Australia while chasing 350 plus

  34. #834
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    294
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also in Ipl he has a 46 ball hundred

  35. #835
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Toronto , Canada
    Runs
    151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11 pages and counting.....
    Rahul vs babar.

    Finally pakistani got a batsman to match after several failure of Akmal, sehzad and god knows who.

    Babar is winning partially.

  36. #836
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli has 52 ball & 58 ball odi century against Australia

  37. #837
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    2,696
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love Babar but Rahul is a superior batsman in every way. He has the hitting capability that Babar is yet to achieve


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  38. #838
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,218
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    I love Babar but Rahul is a superior batsman in every way. He has the hitting capability that Babar is yet to achieve
    Rahul is not a superior batsman in every way.

    On performance

    Rahul >> Babar in tests
    Babar >>>> Rahul in ODIs
    Rahul > Babar in T20Is

    Even though tests has a greater weighting, I would say Babar is slightly ahead of Rahul.

    My personal belief is that Rahul has a greater ceiling than Babar, but that is yet to show in performance.

  39. #839
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,010
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The potential of KL is scary. If he is backed , he will come good. I would bat him at 4 in ODIs as there is no space in the top 3.

  40. #840
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,259
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consistency = Babar Azam
    Impact = KL Rahul

    Both players have different role for their respective teams, comparing them isn't ideal. B Azam is mostly responsible for anchoring the innings and let other batsmen around him take charge, whereas KL on the other hand plays both anchoring and attacking role.

    Both are definately future greats in the making.

  41. #841
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    949
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't understand why noobs like Babar and KL Rahul are even being compared with Kohli in this thread.

    You got the stats brigade harping on about Babar and you have the 'impact' brigade harping on about KL , who at 26 years old, has struggled to show any of the killer instinct that Kohli has.

    This talk of 'he has everything' is blatantly arbitrary. He doesn't have any middle ground in ODIs, he either plays some unbelievable shots or defends and that's why he hasn't been able to make his place in the side. When your playing against the best in the world on the biggest stage (which is international cricket not the IPL) you need a steely middle ground, which Virat very quickly realised after 2012. Whether KL Rahul develops this ability is up for debate as well, as you could say the same thing about Babar and his hitting ability.

    Virat can go out there and stroke 50 off 50 without even breaking a sweat, whereas someone like Rahul (on the evidence of his international career so far) is lacking batting tempo. Babar is the opposite; has the tempo, but can't go into the freak zone like the Kohli's ABs where they win unbelievable matches .

    Interesting to see how the players progress though in the future .

  42. #842
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    240
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot people are still hesitant to rate Babar too highly because of his lack of performances against the top sides. I think we will get a good idea of where Babar stands by the end of this year. The reason why Babar is a very important player for Pakistan is because he is consistent, and consistency is not something that Pakistan is known for. Because of that even against weaker teams Pakistan tends to lose here and there. If Babar can get to that next level and replicate this kind of performance against top sides then he is gold for Pakistan.

    Rahul also has a lot of potential. Some think even more than Babar, which is understandable. The fact that india has Dhawan and Sharma opening for them it's pretty damn difficult to get into the side as an opener but i don't understand why Rahul hasn't been given a consistent chance at number 4 or 5. From my knowledge India's lower order hasn't done well lately. Since players like Dhoni and Yuv are past their prime, no point in having them in the team while potential stars are wasted. If Rahul does have the talent then he should be able to adjust at 4 or 5 because unlike Babar he does have that third gear that people often speak of.

    Lets hope both play in the WC, then we will be able to see where they stand.

  43. #843
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    777
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul should try to model his game on Kohli, and not Rishab Pant. Play the anchor role till you get your 100 and then explode. Once he establishes his position in the team, he can try playing the explosive batsman role occasisionaly or if required.

  44. #844
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,756
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    A lot people are still hesitant to rate Babar too highly because of his lack of performances against the top sides. I think we will get a good idea of where Babar stands by the end of this year. The reason why Babar is a very important player for Pakistan is because he is consistent, and consistency is not something that Pakistan is known for. Because of that even against weaker teams Pakistan tends to lose here and there. If Babar can get to that next level and replicate this kind of performance against top sides then he is gold for Pakistan.

    Rahul also has a lot of potential. Some think even more than Babar, which is understandable. The fact that india has Dhawan and Sharma opening for them it's pretty damn difficult to get into the side as an opener but i don't understand why Rahul hasn't been given a consistent chance at number 4 or 5. From my knowledge India's lower order hasn't done well lately. Since players like Dhoni and Yuv are past their prime, no point in having them in the team while potential stars are wasted. If Rahul does have the talent then he should be able to adjust at 4 or 5 because unlike Babar he does have that third gear that people often speak of.

    Lets hope both play in the WC, then we will be able to see where they stand.
    Rahul was given enough chances in ODI home series. He messed up. He also seems to have a beef with Kohli. That's never a good thing.

  45. #845
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,756
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Rahul should try to model his game on Kohli, and not Rishab Pant. Play the anchor role till you get your 100 and then explode. Once he establishes his position in the team, he can try playing the explosive batsman role occasisionaly or if required.
    He's much better than that hack Pant. Rahul is like a run away train until a train wreck. He seems to lack match awareness in ODIs.

  46. #846
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,429
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way Rahul is spoken of in this thread, you'd never know he's 2.5 years older than Babar. Rahul is as old as Shehzad and still has more potential than performances

  47. #847
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    410
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just cannot understand why the Indian team management is not backing him. The guy is a ridiculous talent. Play him instead of Pander and don't worry if he fails 5 times in a row. Once he comes good, he's going to be an absolute monster.

  48. #848
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    420
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    Just cannot understand why the Indian team management is not backing him. The guy is a ridiculous talent. Play him instead of Pander and don't worry if he fails 5 times in a row. Once he comes good, he's going to be an absolute monster.
    The only option left for Rahul is perhaps he should absolutely rip Kohli's team to smithereens in the match between their teams.

    Only then Kohli will realize his mistake.

  49. #849
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    410
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    The only option left for Rahul is perhaps he should absolutely rip Kohli's team to smithereens in the match between their teams.

    Only then Kohli will realize his mistake.
    Wasn't he on Kohli's team last year? And did pretty well too!

  50. #850
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    420
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    Wasn't he on Kohli's team last year? And did pretty well too!
    They were in the same team till last year. I don't know how well he did since i didn't watch a single game.

    This year Rahul is in a different team.

  51. #851
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,686
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rahul must realize that the WK position will soon be vacant in ODI's and T20's. He should aim to become WK/Batsman at least in the shortest format.

    If Rahul can keep for RCB until last year, he can keep in intenrational cricket too. He solves a major problem for India by becoming a keeper.

  52. #852
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    3,310
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    A lot people are still hesitant to rate Babar too highly because of his lack of performances against the top sides. I think we will get a good idea of where Babar stands by the end of this year. The reason why Babar is a very important player for Pakistan is because he is consistent, and consistency is not something that Pakistan is known for. Because of that even against weaker teams Pakistan tends to lose here and there. If Babar can get to that next level and replicate this kind of performance against top sides then he is gold for Pakistan.

    Rahul also has a lot of potential. Some think even more than Babar, which is understandable. The fact that india has Dhawan and Sharma opening for them it's pretty damn difficult to get into the side as an opener but i don't understand why Rahul hasn't been given a consistent chance at number 4 or 5. From my knowledge India's lower order hasn't done well lately. Since players like Dhoni and Yuv are past their prime, no point in having them in the team while potential stars are wasted. If Rahul does have the talent then he should be able to adjust at 4 or 5 because unlike Babar he does have that third gear that people often speak of.

    Lets hope both play in the WC, then we will be able to see where they stand.
    Sensible and good post

  53. #853
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Rahul must realize that the WK position will soon be vacant in ODI's and T20's. He should aim to become WK/Batsman at least in the shortest format.

    If Rahul can keep for RCB until last year, he can keep in intenrational cricket too. He solves a major problem for India by becoming a keeper.
    I could be wrong but I get the feeling even if he or DK perform well, Dhoni's place is secure and guaranteed on the basis of him being the best wicket keeper in the country and being Kohli's right hand man for tactical and strategic expertise on the field.

    IRO of tests, I don't believe W.Saha is the best batsman of all the keepers in Ranji trophy either which could also suggest India prefers the traditional approach whereby the think tank holds a preference to the superior pure wicket keeper.
    Last edited by backfootpunch; 12th April 2018 at 15:57.

  54. #854
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    I could be wrong but I get the feeling even if he or DK perform well, Dhoni's place is secure and guaranteed on the basis of him being the best wicket keeper in the country and being Kohli's right hand man for tactical and strategic expertise on the field.

    IRO of tests, I don't believe W.Saha is the best batsman of all the keepers in Ranji trophy either which could also suggest India prefers the traditional approach whereby the think tank holds a preference to the superior pure wicket keeper.
    Spot on ... Correct observation IMO

  55. #855
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In last ipl 2017 rahul was injured,in 2016 he played consistent crucial inning for rcb at number 4

  56. #856
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2016 ipl he scored 397 run in 14 match at an average of 44 & sr is almost 150

  57. #857
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    Spot on ... Correct observation IMO
    Appreciate that bud - it will be interesting to see if the pressure mounts on Dhoni from the media and pundits.
    Last edited by backfootpunch; 12th April 2018 at 21:51.

  58. #858
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    723
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul trying to make a comeback in LOIs, and Babar trying to prove himself in tests.

  59. #859
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    587
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Embarassing comparison. Rahul has 10 times the ability when it comes to test cricket, and it's only a matter of time till he surpasses him in ODIs too.

  60. #860
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    152
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuts_and_cuts_hard View Post
    Embarassing comparison. Rahul has 10 times the ability when it comes to test cricket, and it's only a matter of time till he surpasses him in ODIs too.
    Babar has 10 times Rahul's consistency when it comes to limited overs cricket and it's only a matter of time till he surpasses him in tests too.

    See how easy it is to claim that? You can't just assume that Rahul will surpass him until he actually does, or vice versa in tests for Babar

  61. #861
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,259
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkckt View Post
    Babar has 10 times Rahul's consistency when it comes to limited overs cricket and it's only a matter of time till he surpasses him in tests too.

    See how easy it is to claim that? You can't just assume that Rahul will surpass him until he actually does, or vice versa in tests for Babar
    You’re right, cant really see what future holds. But on Rahul’s defense, he hasnt been backed by captain and coach as much as he should’ve, on the other hand Mikey and co have been backing B Azam in test despite failing for past couple years. If KL got the same support as Azam did, then maybe just maybe Rahul would’ve established himself in India’s LoI team as well. But he is also to be blamed for his inconsistency.
    Both needs to fulfill their true potential and join the elite group of great batsmen.

  62. #862
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    357
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul is back to his best! 652 Runs in 13 matches with 6 fifties, with an avg of 60 and strike rate of 160. His confidence and consistency is incredibly amazing at the moment. He is in form of his life right now and I'm sure this will do a world of good to Indian team. Because we desperately need him as an opener or 4th bastman. He added more shots to his arsenal and strikes like a champ right from the first ball unlike the meeky sharma. At this point, I would definitely go with Rahul over Babar.

  63. #863
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    420
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not even a competition. Rahul was, is, and always will be 10 times better than Babar azam.

  64. #864
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    425
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Rahul is back to his best! 652 Runs in 13 matches with 6 fifties, with an avg of 60 and strike rate of 160. His confidence and consistency is incredibly amazing at the moment. He is in form of his life right now and I'm sure this will do a world of good to Indian team. Because we desperately need him as an opener or 4th bastman. He added more shots to his arsenal and strikes like a champ right from the first ball unlike the meeky sharma. At this point, I would definitely go with Rahul over Babar.
    Its IPL on Indian pattas with small boundaries.Even over-the-hill Dhoni is making merry there.Pant, who batted like deer in front of headlights in all his international outings, is one of the highest scorers.So is Rayudu.Let us see how he scores in England and then we can say that he is back.

  65. #865
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    10,740
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    This is not even a competition. Rahul was, is, and always will be 10 times better than Babar azam.
    Where is this Rahul in the rankings nowadays?

  66. #866
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    171
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    This is not even a competition. Rahul was, is, and always will be 10 times better than Babar azam.
    You are right . Because babar does not play IPL , and Rahul does not usually get chance to play in Indian team at international level .so no competition exists .

  67. #867
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    357
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Its IPL on Indian pattas with small boundaries.Even over-the-hill Dhoni is making merry there.Pant, who batted like deer in front of headlights in all his international outings, is one of the highest scorers.So is Rayudu.Let us see how he scores in England and then we can say that he is back.
    Look who's saying that? You are not even qualified to talk about Dhoni or Pant or Rayudu when your legue that had Kamran Akmal and aged Ronchi as the highest scorers of the season. Well! Where is Babar in this list? Why are Kamran and Ronchi the toppers when you had Babar played in the same league?
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 16th May 2018 at 20:28.

  68. #868
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    1,015
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    This is not even a competition. Rahul was, is, and always will be 10 times better than Babar azam.
    He has to play in the national team first lol

  69. #869
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    410
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always rated Rahul. Will be India's next all-format great after Kohli. Just oozes batting talent and unlike Rohit Sharma, has proved his mettle against the moving ball too. A top 7 of Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahul, Kartik/Jadhav/Rayudu/Iyer, Dhoni, Pandya would be the best going round in WC 2019.

    However, Azam is going to end up as one of our best players in ODI's, and will grow into his Test position as well. Comparing Indian batsman and Pakistani bowlers usually goes one way in the long term.

  70. #870
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    928
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Its IPL on Indian pattas with small boundaries.Even over-the-hill Dhoni is making merry there.Pant, who batted like deer in front of headlights in all his international outings, is one of the highest scorers.So is Rayudu.Let us see how he scores in England and then we can say that he is back.
    PSL has even smaller boundaries. Did you not see the playground between boundary and the crowd? IPL grounds, except Mumbai and Delhi, are as big as any international grounds.

  71. #871
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,903
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL if he does not end his career 2 levels above Babar he would have underachieved . Babar is a good batsmen , but will always be the kind who will play a supporting role and will need impact players around him to win matches for Pakistan . Rahul is that impact player who can win matches single handedly . Sorry this is going to be like Akmal vs Virat thread again .

  72. #872
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,903
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    Always rated Rahul. Will be India's next all-format great after Kohli. Just oozes batting talent and unlike Rohit Sharma, has proved his mettle against the moving ball too. A top 7 of Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahul, Kartik/Jadhav/Rayudu/Iyer, Dhoni, Pandya would be the best going round in WC 2019.

    However, Azam is going to end up as one of our best players in ODI's, and will grow into his Test position as well. Comparing Indian batsman and Pakistani bowlers usually goes one way in the long term.
    I have supported Babar for a long time , since the u19 days but having seen him play for Pakistan I think he will have the stats but based on effectiveness he will end way below inzy , miandad and Anwar

  73. #873
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,503
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a fan of bumping comparison threads on basis of non-international performances.

    Kami Akmal is legendary in domestic against Pak's best domestic bowlers and has performed excellent in leagues against international bowlers but doesn't mean a thing if he cant translate it into international matches.

    Right now Babar is ahead in my view though I rate Rahul too especially in test matches.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  74. #874
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    425
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Look who's saying that? You are not even qualified to talk about Dhoni or Pant or Rayudu when your legue that had Kamran Akmal and aged Ronchi as the highest scorers of the season. Well! Where is Babar in this list? Why are Kamran and Ronchi the toppers when you had Babar played in the same league?
    LOL. I am from India and don't hold a high opinion on runs scored in IPL. Pant is the biggest example. IPL 'Shoopershtar' but couldn't even buy a run against International sides.

  75. #875
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    425
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    KL if he does not end his career 2 levels above Babar he would have underachieved . Babar is a good batsmen , but will always be the kind who will play a supporting role and will need impact players around him to win matches for Pakistan . Rahul is that impact player who can win matches single handedly . Sorry this is going to be like Akmal vs Virat thread again .
    For that , he need to get Rohit out of the team.Opening is his position and we are wasting that position with so-called Hitman who can only score on pattas. Add a tinge of movement, dude is absolutely hopeless. Should never be playing in our LOI team when we have so many batsmen in waiting.

  76. #876
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,466
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Just delete this thread please.

    Its soooo unfair on Babar.

    KL Rahul is not just a direct competitor of Kohli.

    He may very well be the true heir of Tendulkar.

  77. #877
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    410
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    I have supported Babar for a long time , since the u19 days but having seen him play for Pakistan I think he will have the stats but based on effectiveness he will end way below inzy , miandad and Anwar
    Well he's not got the same power games though his recent performances in T20's is encouraging. And actual Rahul is a great example of someone who was able to add a power component to his game that wasn't there before. Hope Babar can do that too!

    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Just delete this thread please.

    Its soooo unfair on Babar.

    KL Rahul is not just a direct competitor of Kohli.

    He may very well be the true heir of Tendulkar.
    Bit hyperbolic there, Rahul isn't even in the conversation yet. To put things in perspective, even Rayudu right now achieved more than Rahul in ODI cricket. Give him time.

  78. #878
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if Rahul is better than Azam based on domestic T20 performance than Kamran Akmal is the best wicket keeper Batsman in the world. Also going by IPL, Gayle is one of the best batsman in the world lol.

    Are people seriously comparing domestic T20 performance to international Cricket?
    Last edited by El Generico; 17th May 2018 at 00:36.

  79. #879
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    10,740
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how comparing Faheem with Pandya is a travesty for Indian fans, based on Faheem's limited success at international level. But the same doesn't apply for a modest international level batsman when compared with one of the best LOI bats in modern cricket.


  80. #880
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,636
    Mentioned
    1336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    This is not even a competition. Rahul was, is, and always will be 10 times better than Babar azam.
    Yeah better at sitting on the bench


    #Mein inko rolaonga

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •