Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,520 of 1631
  1. #1441
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,598
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Kl better in tests
    Kl better in t20s
    Rahul much better in odis as of now.
    You mean Babar.

  2. #1442
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    1,286
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    You mean Babar.
    Yup

  3. #1443
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Babar's test record, which is small in sample size, is mediocre but he is one of the best ODI bats as of today. He is top 3.

    Rahul is not best at anything. Neither tests, ODIs or t20Is.
    Babar is certainly a very good ODI bat. But KL is a better test and T20 batsman. He is actually ranked number 3 in T20Is.

    And the sample size is the comparable for both Babar and KL Rahul in SENA. 6 and 9 matches respectively.

  4. #1444
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    9,319
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Babar is nothing batsman in test. Even Jadeja is better than him. So no comparison.
    In ODI Babar is a good batsman.

  5. #1445
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    5,426
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will take Babar's 68* in a crucial win over Rahul's 149 in a dead rubber loss.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  6. #1446
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Currently Babar Azam is getting better and better with each game where as KL Rahul is just wasting chances after chances. I hope KL Rahul doesn't become another Umar Akmal.

  7. #1447
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,123
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul has this series and then the Aus one. Needs to prove that he's what he was expected to be.

  8. #1448
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    387
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar>Rahul in t20s also now.
    Only format where Rahul is better is tests now and even there babar is starting to catch up and should eventually overtake Rahul.

  9. #1449
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL has wasted too many chances.
    Now he doesn't give confidence as a batsman.
    Babar has raced ahead of him.

  10. #1450
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    872
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I watched some of Rahul's batting when he made a 100 against England, no doubt if he becomes consistent he will be a force.

  11. #1451
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,466
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul has been a let down in the last few months. Not a technical issue with him but his confidence seems to be down after a couple of poor performances. I thought he would kick on after the IPL.

  12. #1452
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    24,266
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Currently Babar Azam is getting better and better with each game where as KL Rahul is just wasting chances after chances. I hope KL Rahul doesn't become another Umar Akmal.
    KL should have been ahead by now given that he is more gifted as a stroke player compared to Babar. Also, he is a few years older than Babar which doesnt help this comparison.

  13. #1453
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,133
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Time running out for Rahul, first time I've seen him in a long while and he played an awful shot to get out

  14. #1454
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    29,397
    Mentioned
    991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Babar is easily ahead. Rahul should be compared to Haris Sohail instead.

  15. #1455
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    446
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Babar is easily ahead. Rahul should be compared to Haris Sohail instead.
    Even Harris is miles ahead of this overhyped hack rahul

  16. #1456
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,356
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Babar is easily ahead. Rahul should be compared to Haris Sohail instead.
    Babar is ahead. Rahul acts like a petulant child and doesn't come across as a team player. He's reckless too

  17. #1457
    Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    530
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is like a pendulum topic where Babar is ahead based on his heroics on dull,slow UAE pitches and this would change and will change when Rahul will score runs in Australia

  18. #1458
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    12,662
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I wasnt a 100% convinced about Babar being a top class player even though his stats are amazing but i think not only has he improved, he looks on the verge becoming the middle order player we havent had in ODI cricket since Inzi and Yousef. He still lacks 2 things one is just raw power and the other is hitting spinners( the 2 are linked) which he needs to challenge the best in the world.

  19. #1459
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    36,619
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    KL Lokesh could bat twice and still not score as much as Babar.


    Bobs is leagues ahead

  20. #1460
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,494
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    KL Lokesh could bat twice and still not score as much as Babar.


    Bobs is leagues ahead
    Not in tests .

  21. #1461
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    29,397
    Mentioned
    991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I wasnt a 100% convinced about Babar being a top class player even though his stats are amazing but i think not only has he improved, he looks on the verge becoming the middle order player we havent had in ODI cricket since Inzi and Yousef. He still lacks 2 things one is just raw power and the other is hitting spinners( the 2 are linked) which he needs to challenge the best in the world.
    He doesn't need the power but yes, improving his game against spin will take him to the next level. A few sessions with Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf should really help in this regard.

  22. #1462
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    12,662
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    He doesn't need the power but yes, improving his game against spin will take him to the next level. A few sessions with Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf should really help in this regard.
    I disagree, i think without the power he cant clear boundries and that means he doesnt have an extra gear that the real top players have.

  23. #1463
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,093
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL first needs to cement his place in the side. Then he can be compared to anyone else.

  24. #1464
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,655
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Not in tests .
    Babar is still finding his feet in Test cricket and has shown signs of coming of age.

    He had a match-winning 68* (RH) in tough conditions against Anderson and Broad and 99 in his last innings.

    The glee on Mickey Arthur's face when Babar scores a half-century shows that his long term plan is to make him a Number Three in Tests.

    In LOI's, it pretty obvious that an opener is what he is best suited for but to accommodate Imam, Malik, and Hafeez, he has to bat at three. Not to mention the slow and sluggish pitches of the U.A.E. undermine his natural stroke play.

  25. #1465
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    11,307
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Is this going to go the way of Umar Akmal v Virat Kohli as well, does Babar have the same mystical thread title powers as his cousin?

  26. #1466
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,422
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty dissapointed with this Rahul thing. Anyone who saw him bat will vouch that he has enormous talent and I have followed him since his Ranji trophy days. We all know he has class but somehow not able to replicate it into result in international cricket. Maybe time to play another season of Ranji, spent some time with Sachin in nets (it helped Virat after Emg tour 2014) and then come back. He is only 26 so lots of time left.

  27. #1467
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,123
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know what the future holds for Rahul. He's just not living up to the mark.

    Will be 27 in few months. With the talent coming through, he may very well be out.

    Should be played throughout the Aus tour. If he still shows the Akmalesque performances, should be shown the door.

  28. #1468
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,673
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Don't know what the future holds for Rahul. He's just not living up to the mark.

    Will be 27 in few months. With the talent coming through, he may very well be out.

    Should be played throughout the Aus tour. If he still shows the Akmalesque performances, should be shown the door.
    If he gets a consistent run,I'm confident he'll find his feet.This chop and change is destroying his confidence


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  29. #1469
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,775
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul just signed a deal with Puma. He ain't going anywhere. Kohli would play him more. Like it or not, these things play a major role!


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  30. #1470
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,356
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    Rahul just signed a deal with Puma. He ain't going anywhere. Kohli would play him more. Like it or not, these things play a major role!
    One might assume that but it's not necessarily the case. Rahul was a beast in IPL and there is no reason why he won't be able to replicate that for years to come. There are probably more ad dollars and visibility in IPL then international cricket and Puma signed him for that exposure.

    I think there are two groups that influence Indian cricket. One is the Mumbai mafia and the other Chennai(CSK). The Mumbai gang has Gavaskar, Manjrekar trying to influence through commentary (they can hype or put a player down through commentary. Just listen to Manjrekar's commentary while Pant was batting yesterday), Shastri as the coach and Rohit as the VC in the team. They will influence decisions like picking Shaw over Mayank, dropping Karun altogether, picking Rohit for tests in Australia, picking Krunal Pandya (Mumbai Indians). Then there is Tendulkar trying to voice his opinions to support the Shaw decision etc.

    The Chennai gang will influence to keep MSD, Karthik, Jadav, Jadeja around.

    Then there's Kohli. He assumes he has a say in everything but I believe he's just a tool that can be easily influenced by praise from Shastri and co. At the end, it appears Kohli is the king in all matters but the two groups have smartly operated for the past few years in the background getting what they want.

  31. #1471
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    If he gets a consistent run,I'm confident he'll find his feet.This chop and change is destroying his confidence
    Lol at consistent run. Time to kick this wannabe Kohli out of Indian team. Played all 5 tests against England and people still want him to play and find his feet while other players like Karun Nair are dropped unfairly.

  32. #1472
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    One might assume that but it's not necessarily the case. Rahul was a beast in IPL and there is no reason why he won't be able to replicate that for years to come. There are probably more ad dollars and visibility in IPL then international cricket and Puma signed him for that exposure.

    I think there are two groups that influence Indian cricket. One is the Mumbai mafia and the other Chennai(CSK). The Mumbai gang has Gavaskar, Manjrekar trying to influence through commentary (they can hype or put a player down through commentary. Just listen to Manjrekar's commentary while Pant was batting yesterday), Shastri as the coach and Rohit as the VC in the team. They will influence decisions like picking Shaw over Mayank, dropping Karun altogether, picking Rohit for tests in Australia, picking Krunal Pandya (Mumbai Indians). Then there is Tendulkar trying to voice his opinions to support the Shaw decision etc.

    The Chennai gang will influence to keep MSD, Karthik, Jadav, Jadeja around.

    Then there's Kohli. He assumes he has a say in everything but I believe he's just a tool that can be easily influenced by praise from Shastri and co. At the end, it appears Kohli is the king in all matters but the two groups have smartly operated for the past few years in the background getting what they want.
    #ThankYouIPL for giving us Mumbai and CSK Mafia Gang.

  33. #1473
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,356
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rahul is to blame for his plight but look at the chances he got. His batting slot keeps changing from 1 to 4 without a consistent run. I think he's just in the team albeit out of 11 to satisfy the Karnataka group considering the injustices meted out to Karun and Mayank. Dhoni and his Chennai gang have roped in the hack Rayudu who will be given a run at one stable spot unlike what they did to Rahul

  34. #1474
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,673
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Lol at consistent run. Time to kick this wannabe Kohli out of Indian team. Played all 5 tests against England and people still want him to play and find his feet while other players like Karun Nair are dropped unfairly.
    Nair was indeed dropped unfairly.Should have replaced Rahane instead of going to Vihari

    However no point comparing to opener.Opening in England has always been very tough and he did manage a late ton


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  35. #1475
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,673
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Rahul is to blame for his plight but look at the chances he got. His batting slot keeps changing from 1 to 4 without a consistent run. I think he's just in the team albeit out of 11 to satisfy the Karnataka group considering the injustices meted out to Karun and Mayank. Dhoni and his Chennai gang have roped in the hack Rayudu who will be given a run at one stable spot unlike what they did to Rahul
    +1


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  36. #1476
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Rahul is to blame for his plight but look at the chances he got. His batting slot keeps changing from 1 to 4 without a consistent run. I think he's just in the team albeit out of 11 to satisfy the Karnataka group considering the injustices meted out to Karun and Mayank. Dhoni and his Chennai gang have roped in the hack Rayudu who will be given a run at one stable spot unlike what they did to Rahul
    Do you have any proof of CSK, Mumbai and Karnataka Mafia Group's existence in Indian Cricket?

  37. #1477
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,356
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Do you have any proof of CSK, Mumbai and Karnataka Mafia Group's existence in Indian Cricket?
    Read my post above where I listed how I think they operate. It's my opinion based on the selections and how Indian team has gone about in the last few years

  38. #1478
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,775
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    One might assume that but it's not necessarily the case. Rahul was a beast in IPL and there is no reason why he won't be able to replicate that for years to come. There are probably more ad dollars and visibility in IPL then international cricket and Puma signed him for that exposure.

    I think there are two groups that influence Indian cricket. One is the Mumbai mafia and the other Chennai(CSK). The Mumbai gang has Gavaskar, Manjrekar trying to influence through commentary (they can hype or put a player down through commentary. Just listen to Manjrekar's commentary while Pant was batting yesterday), Shastri as the coach and Rohit as the VC in the team. They will influence decisions like picking Shaw over Mayank, dropping Karun altogether, picking Rohit for tests in Australia, picking Krunal Pandya (Mumbai Indians). Then there is Tendulkar trying to voice his opinions to support the Shaw decision etc.

    The Chennai gang will influence to keep MSD, Karthik, Jadav, Jadeja around.

    Then there's Kohli. He assumes he has a say in everything but I believe he's just a tool that can be easily influenced by praise from Shastri and co. At the end, it appears Kohli is the king in all matters but the two groups have smartly operated for the past few years in the background getting what they want.
    Well said. I have time for Rahul. His hundred at oval was straw he clutched. Pitches in Aus should suit him. It is all in his head though!

    Reg Mumbai mafia and Chennai gang - 100% agree. Manjerekar was virtually cheerleading shardul thakur in the first test v WI. Even after he limped off, he was talking down Umesh. Unfortunately for him, Umesh took 10 and Thakur should never play again.


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  39. #1479
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,775
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    #ThankYouIPL for giving us Mumbai and CSK Mafia Gang.
    Mumbai gang was present since time immemorial and has nothing to do with IPL. Nilesh Kulkarni, Sairaj Bhahutule, Sameer Dighe, Abey Kuruvilla in the 90's
    Before that you have Ashok Mankad, Miling Rege etc.

    Late nineties, it was Karnataka - Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, Prasad, Srinath, Joshi, Bharadwaj, Johnson, Dodda Ganesh, Sujit Somasunder etc

    IPL brought another power player- TNCA thats all.


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  40. #1480
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam is turning out to be a better player at the moment.


  41. #1481
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    7,202
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Babar Azam is turning out to be a better player at the moment.
    He is ahead of K RAHUL.In odi t20 and now in tests almost.

  42. #1482
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    He is ahead of K RAHUL.In odi t20 and now in tests almost.
    Babar is performing and scoring runs consistently. That is what matters the most. On the other hand KL Rahul is wasting as many opportunities as he can. And some people are still complaining that he is not getting enough chances.

  43. #1483
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    7,202
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Babar is performing and scoring runs consistently. That is what matters the most. On the other hand KL Rahul is wasting as many opportunities as he can. And some people are still complaining that he is not getting enough chances.
    And some says he has that extra gear which makes him better but i think K Rahul has missed on many opportinities.
    Last edited by DRsohail; 25th November 2018 at 17:56.

  44. #1484
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    9,795
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Rahul has to succeed in LO, he has to do it at 4, can't wait for opening slot to come and then perform.

  45. #1485
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    And some says he has that extra gear which makes him better but i think K Rahul has missed on many opportinities.
    There is no gear option in his car. He only has an accelerator and a handbrake.

  46. #1486
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    7,202
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    There is no gear option in his car. He only has an accelerator and a handbrake.
    Another one with the excuse that he should bat at 4?

  47. #1487
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Another one with the excuse that he should bat at 4?
    Yes that is an excuse. He batted at 4 today didn't he? What did he do?

  48. #1488
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    380
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    There is no gear option in his car. He only has an accelerator and a handbrake.
    Just turning out to be another umar akmal

  49. #1489
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    7,202
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Yes that is an excuse. He batted at 4 today didn't he? What did he do?
    Scored 14...lolz.

  50. #1490
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Scored 14...lolz.
    That too from 20 balls.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  51. #1491
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    6,601
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul is focussing on Instagram modelling lol. Obviously he is a mental midget. I think guys like GIll, Shaw will overtake him soon.

  52. #1492
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,123
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be make or break tour for Rahul.

    He gotta get his act right.

    Babar is nearing him in tests as well.

  53. #1493
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    2,265
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul was always a hack lol. He is one of those 'talented' guys who never make it big. He is doing his best to go Umar Akmal route.

  54. #1494
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Rahul was always a hack lol. He is one of those 'talented' guys who never make it big. He is doing his best to go Umar Akmal route.
    Rahul is not a hack Pant is. Rahul is just a player who has been overhyped by some fans. Some of them even tried to compare him with Kohli. He is not focussing on his game these days and that is the reason for his poor performance. He is definitely going the Umar Akmal way.

  55. #1495
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    2,265
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Rahul is not a hack Pant is. Rahul is just a player who has been overhyped by some fans. Some of them even tried to compare him with Kohli. He is not focussing on his game these days and that is the reason for his poor performance. He is definitely going the Umar Akmal way.
    Being compared to Kohli was the worst. I knew Kohli was going to be the best batsman of his era way back in 2012. You could see that the way Kohli took charge of the batting and pummeled bowling attacks match after match. I dunno why people hype players so much without seeing them perform first.

  56. #1496
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    9,795
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia tour is a make or break for Rahul. I don't believe he is going Akmal way. He will come good but may miss out from a spot in ODIs. He has to learn to bat in middle order, that's the only way.

  57. #1497
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    8,357
    Mentioned
    2197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Rahul is to blame for his plight but look at the chances he got. His batting slot keeps changing from 1 to 4 without a consistent run. I think he's just in the team albeit out of 11 to satisfy the Karnataka group considering the injustices meted out to Karun and Mayank. Dhoni and his Chennai gang have roped in the hack Rayudu who will be given a run at one stable spot unlike what they did to Rahul
    Difference is Raydu grab the chance while Rahul throw it away..


    ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

  58. #1498
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Difference is Raydu grab the chance while Rahul throw it away..
    Yes. Rayudu has cemented his place in this team where as Rahul took his place for granted. Even Karthik is performing better than him.

  59. #1499
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    770
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam is much more focussed.

    KL Rahul's instagram tells you the story

  60. #1500
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    Babar Azam is much more focussed.

    KL Rahul's instagram tells you the story
    Well Instagram is used for telling stories anyway so at least he is performing well there.

  61. #1501
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    4,624
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both test average is almost similar now but one have increased from 27 to 34 while other have drop his test batting average from 45 to 36.
    Last edited by saeed5646; 15th December 2018 at 13:58.

  62. #1502
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    639
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the SA series will define babar career. i am hopeful that he will perform better.

  63. #1503
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    1,312
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul should be ashamed of himself that someone like Babar is considered better than him.

  64. #1504
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    4,624
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    Rahul should be ashamed of himself that someone like Babar is considered better than him.
    Before that you should be ashamed of yourself by disrespecting a cricketer .

  65. #1505
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,422
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Both test average is almost similar now but one have increased from 27 to 34 while other have drop his test batting average from 45 to 36.
    Wow, Babar avgs 34? Didn't knew that. Its more surprising actually than Rahul avg 36.

  66. #1506
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    4,624
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Wow, Babar avgs 34? Didn't knew that. Its more surprising actually than Rahul avg 36.
    3rd highest batting average of 59 in test this year

  67. #1507
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    18,594
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul is finished.

    Pakistan can have this one.

    You can watch Rahul playing for the Hyderabad Hungamas in the IPL.

  68. #1508
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,422
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    3rd highest batting average of 59 in test this year
    Most at home though. Only played 2 test away which include one against Ireland.

    KL Rahul is playing all tough overseas series back to back.
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 15th December 2018 at 15:38.

  69. #1509
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,355
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    KL Rahul is finished.

    Pakistan can have this one.

    You can watch Rahul playing for the Hyderabad Hungamas in the IPL.
    I wrote this post earlier in the year.

    I've made similar criticisms about Rahul from day one. Take a step back and look at how he bats, you'll notice the flaws in his approach. It only looks good until the opposition starts outsmarting you and feeds the balls where they know you'll succumb to the temptation.

    These are not technical issues (he's quite solid in that regard) but more shot selection. He doesn't play the percentages and that's a disaster waiting to happen.
    He's still doing the same thing and as predicted, Rahul has gotten worse.

    It's an absolute shame but he has no grit to his batting. Just a flowery technique. Compare this to Sachin Tendulkar in 2004 in that epic 241 vs. Australia (Sydney). The Little Master chose to stop playing on the offside in a bid to get them to bowl where he wanted. And that's despite being twice as gifted as KL Rahul.

    When it's time to put in the work, you have to get out of your comfort zone.

    This is the difference in mindset. Hell, he doesn't have to look that far. Kohli is another example of perseverance under duress.

    At best, he's going to have moments of brilliance (the odd big score) but nothing substantial until changes are made.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  70. #1510
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the time has come to try out different openers..

    Rahul isn't made for test cricket and should concentrate on white ball cricket...can become a beast in ODI & T20s like Rohit...

    Vijay is done and dusted...might probably be playing his last test...

    Dhawan too is tried and tested failure in test ( but a beast in ODI)...

    So new openers Shaw and Mayank should be given longer run and groomed for next overseas cycle...

  71. #1511
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,123
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Shaw replacing Vijay, Rahul should play remaining two tests.

    He has 5 innings left, let's see what impact he makes. If it's still the same old story of playing a career saving useless knock when everything is lost, then throw him and bring in Agarwal.

  72. #1512
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    939
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul vs Babar thread will end up as atrociously as Ahmad Shahzad vs Virat Kohli thread. Babar at such a young age is becoming the most important person in Pakistan batting lineup, where Rahul is probably himself not sure why exactly is he in the team.

  73. #1513
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    7,358
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    K.L. Rahul .... perform in the rest of the innings you'll play or pack your bags and go back to the domestics.

    As for him scoring a century in the last Test in England, which was also a dead rubber, I saw a lot of fans on PP credit him for that innings back then. Look what he has done after that. You perform when the series is alive, rather than lay eggs at that time, and instead perform when the series is sealed in the opposition's name.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  74. #1514
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,466
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time for him to be dropped. He has the talent but seems to lack the mentality for international cricket at the moment. For India's next home series India should use Shaw and another domestic performer as openers. Vijay is getting on in age so time to bring a new player in.

    Kohli,Rahane ,and Pujara should be the experienced batters. Number 6 and the 2 openers should be used to develop the next generation for India.

  75. #1515
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,466
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    I wrote this post earlier in the year.



    He's still doing the same thing and as predicted, Rahul has gotten worse.

    It's an absolute shame but he has no grit to his batting. Just a flowery technique. Compare this to Sachin Tendulkar in 2004 in that epic 241 vs. Australia (Sydney). The Little Master chose to stop playing on the offside in a bid to get them to bowl where he wanted. And that's despite being twice as gifted as KL Rahul.

    When it's time to put in the work, you have to get out of your comfort zone.

    This is the difference in mindset. Hell, he doesn't have to look that far. Kohli is another example of perseverance under duress.

    At best, he's going to have moments of brilliance (the odd big score) but nothing substantial until changes are made.
    Rahul is like a young Hafeez. When in form he looks the best batsman in the world, but he has no temperament whatsoever.

  76. #1516
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    260
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar is equally bad in tests , too much selfish to play in test team . His last innings against Nz was a proof of that , he was going only for his fifty , not trying to save tail from exposure . As soon as he completed his fifty , he played rubbish shot. While Rahul needs to take sometime off from test cricket and go back to domestic to gain form.

  77. #1517
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,727
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    K.L. Rahul .... perform in the rest of the innings you'll play or pack your bags and go back to the domestics.

    As for him scoring a century in the last Test in England, which was also a dead rubber, I saw a lot of fans on PP credit him for that innings back then. Look what he has done after that. You perform when the series is alive, rather than lay eggs at that time, and instead perform when the series is sealed in the opposition's name.
    Well we have fans like @the_outsider and @Napa who think that KL Rahul deserves to play full series and he doesn't care what fans think about him. He has IPL money and he is laughing his way to his bank.

    I said the exact same thing that you are saying now that he should play domestic cricket but one of these guys asked me 'what will KL Rahul learn in the domestic cricket?'.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  78. #1518
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,655
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhelpma View Post
    Babar is equally bad in tests , too much selfish to play in test team . His last innings against Nz was a proof of that , he was going only for his fifty , not trying to save tail from exposure . As soon as he completed his fifty , he played rubbish shot. While Rahul needs to take sometime off from test cricket and go back to domestic to gain form.
    He has the highest Test average in 2018.

    He has made poor mistakes with the tail but that can be learned with time. Not everyone is VVS Laxman.

  79. #1519
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    404
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    He has the highest Test average in 2018.

    He has made poor mistakes with the tail but that can be learned with time. Not everyone is VVS Laxman.
    Not to mention Babar is ONLY 24 years young.

  80. #1520
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    905
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just wondering which thread on PakPassion has the most pages? Because I heard someone say something about a movie thread and I wasn't able to find it so if anyone could send me a link to it, that would be great.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •