Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Cricket Scotland

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 400 of 1128
  1. #321
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,198
    Mentioned
    901 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner85 View Post
    Rahul already has a test ton in Australia on his debut series
    Babar has a 90 in some very difficult batting conditions in New Zealand. Rahul's century was good but we all know what the pitches were like in that tour.

    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    and thats because ?
    Because that's where Rahul got most of his runs.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  2. #322
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    418
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Babar has a 90 in some very difficult batting conditions in New Zealand. Rahul's century was good but we all know what the pitches were like in that tour.



    Because that's where Rahul got most of his runs.
    And on similar patta pitches babar was just a sitting duck in front of aussie bowlers

  3. #323
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,198
    Mentioned
    901 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner85 View Post
    And on similar patta pitches babar was just a sitting duck in front of aussie bowlers
    Your alternate facts are disturbing. Babar played on tougher pitches.

    Regardless, there is no denying that Rahul has had the better start in tests. However, he's an inferior batsman to Babar, who is also two years younger.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  4. #324
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Your alternate facts are disturbing. Babar played on tougher pitches.

    Regardless, there is no denying that Rahul has had the better start in tests. However, he's an inferior batsman to Babar, who is also two years younger.
    tougher pitches? more or less every test had a 400+ score. Babar has had a very good start to ODI's and Lokesh in Tests. But Rahul also had a good start in both ODIs and T20Is. He has also shown more adaptability than just being an accumulator.

    but it is too early to judge now. probably after each one has played 30 test matches and 100 LOIs we can get an idea

  5. #325
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,873
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Babar along with De Cock are the 2 best under 25 year olds in world cricket.

  6. #326
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Babar along with De Cock are the 2 best under 25 year olds in world cricket.
    agreed. De Cock is much further along the development cycle

  7. #327
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    418
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Your alternate facts are disturbing. Babar played on tougher pitches.

    Regardless, there is no denying that Rahul has had the better start in tests. However, he's an inferior batsman to Babar, who is also two years younger.
    Australian wickets in which Babar played was quite flat but he displayed zero temperament and technique and looked like a night watchman.

  8. #328
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In tests
    Rahul>>>>>>>Babar

    In ODIs
    Babar>Rahul

    In T20s
    Rahul>>>> Babar

    Overall ...Rahul>Babar

  9. #329
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,925
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Babar has more potential in both Tests and ODIs. One bad Test series in Australia doesn't change a thing


    Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

  10. #330
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,268
    Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar is head and shoulders above KL Rahul. FACT
    Last edited by jeetu; 2nd February 2017 at 05:26.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  11. #331
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,683
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would love to hear jussarrived's opinion on this. What an eye for talent he has. Predicted Kohli will become India's captain by 2015/16 back in 2010 and Umaṛ will end up a slogger. This is when very eminent posters (living legends ;) ) were calling Kohli a "do takke ka player". He was wrong on only one count - said Umaṛ will be a better t20 player. :-)

  12. #332
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,925
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sorry Indians but this time your guy isn't gonna win I never compare young Indian and Pakistani players but I can confidently say that Babar will reach some unbelievable highs


    Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

  13. #333
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,706
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The difference between them is that Rahul in terms of physical cricketing development has nearly reached his potential whereas Babar is far from it. He has many things to correct. For the slow ones here, I'm not talking about temperament or statistics.

    Babar is an excellent timer of the ball and has not shown his full capability. In his comfort zone, he's a free flowing player from ball one but there are minor adjustments he has to make before he can reach that stage. Some reasons behind his slow starts in Australia were that apart from a quality attack, he was having trouble getting on top of the bounce and was hesitant to get his front foot forward after Hazlewood exposed his technical flaw.

    In the past, I wouldn't have suggested tinkering with it but Babar's got to raise his backlift a bit more, it will help him with his forward press and getting his head on top of his front foot. Also with a higher bat trajectory, he's in better position to play rising deliveries in places like SA and Australia.

    Currently, during the initial stages of his innings, he gets caught in-between too often. Many of the shots he mistimed or failed to find the gap would've been deposited to the boundary in UAE or Pakistan.
    Last edited by Chief Destroyer; 2nd February 2017 at 02:50.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  14. #334
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    418
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul if he plays normaly could be a magnificient player.his technique,temperment are all good and he has all the shots in the book.sometimes it looks like he tries to be over aggresive and gets out.

  15. #335
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,683
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My take

    Babar has definitely proved himself to be a very solid ODI player in a very short span and even got into the top 10 rankings. He is different from his cousins. Definitely is. Plays proper cricketing shots, has composure and will do well for himself. Key is "himself". He can be the Kane Williamson or Hashim Amla of Pakistan who can anchor innings at one end. He doesn't have QdKs, ABDs or Corey Andersons to up the ante when he gets out so that will make it difficult for him to win games for his team in this era unless he develops his game further and adds muscle. Too early to judge him in tests right now coz he has played only tough tours. No reason why he shouldn't do well there. He could become Pakistan's best batsman of his generation. We wait to see if that happens.

    K L Rahul is talented. Very talented. He can grind it out in tests, slog in T20s and ODIs. I am very impressed by him. I don't care about his stats right now (which are good by the way). However, what he lacks is mental fortitude. He can mould his game on Kohli and become very deadly or can be the next dare I say Rohit Sharma - another story of what could have been. It's on him and nothing can be said right now. Good thing is that it looks like Kohli has taken him in his fold. He's good friends with KL, both are fitness freaks (6 packs and all), they hang out together and hopefully practice their game together. If Kohli can help Rahul tap his potential then we have something great coming up. We wait to see if that happens.

  16. #336
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    663
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Babar azam is a good player but he is extremely poor against spin, if he has to become a very good player he needs to improve his game against spin, he is decent though against fast bowlers, also he doesn't show the urgency to run hard between the wickets, not a good fielder either.

    Rahul likes to play flamboyant shots but temperamentally he is very average, i don't consider t20 to judge any player but he seems made for the shortest format of the game. He got a few good scores in tests as well but he has looked quite iffy so far.

  17. #337
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    7,051
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul will eventually take the lead across all formats.

  18. #338
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,903
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Babar has a 90 in some very difficult batting conditions in New Zealand. Rahul's century was good but we all know what the pitches were like in that tour.



    Because that's where Rahul got most of his runs.
    in WI ? He has 4 hundreds in 4 different countries hes played ?
    So on these helpful pitch the likes of Aamir and Wahab where conceding runs at 5-6 per over ? lol
    You have to stop making the pith flat or green depending on which team is playing .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  19. #339
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,000
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    The difference between them is that Rahul in terms of physical cricketing development has nearly reached his potential whereas Babar is far from it. He has many things to correct. For the slow ones here, I'm not talking about temperament or statistics.

    Babar is an excellent timer of the ball and has not shown his full capability. In his comfort zone, he's a free flowing player from ball one but there are minor adjustments he has to make before he can reach that stage. Some reasons behind his slow starts in Australia were that apart from a quality attack, he was having trouble getting on top of the bounce and was hesitant to get his front foot forward after Hazlewood exposed his technical flaw.

    In the past, I wouldn't have suggested tinkering with it but Babar's got to raise his backlift a bit more, it will help him with his forward press and getting his head on top of his front foot. Also with a higher bat trajectory, he's in better position to play rising deliveries in places like SA and Australia.

    Currently, during the initial stages of his innings, he gets caught in-between too often. Many of the shots he mistimed or failed to find the gap would've been deposited to the boundary in UAE or Pakistan.
    If this is Rahul's epitome of physical development, then let me tell you bro, this is very good because he can sure pack a punch and I seriously hope that Babar can emulate him in fitness and physical development because he sure packs a punch. Yeah, both of them will never be power hitters, but that's okay because Rahul's current body is perfect for an athlete.

    For the rest of it, I agree with pretty much everything you're saying. I like your analysis as to how he will find success in places like RSA and Aus because indeed, these qualities are vital.

  20. #340
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,198
    Mentioned
    901 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    My take

    Babar has definitely proved himself to be a very solid ODI player in a very short span and even got into the top 10 rankings. He is different from his cousins. Definitely is. Plays proper cricketing shots, has composure and will do well for himself. Key is "himself". He can be the Kane Williamson or Hashim Amla of Pakistan who can anchor innings at one end. He doesn't have QdKs, ABDs or Corey Andersons to up the ante when he gets out so that will make it difficult for him to win games for his team in this era unless he develops his game further and adds muscle. Too early to judge him in tests right now coz he has played only tough tours. No reason why he shouldn't do well there. He could become Pakistan's best batsman of his generation. We wait to see if that happens.

    K L Rahul is talented. Very talented. He can grind it out in tests, slog in T20s and ODIs. I am very impressed by him. I don't care about his stats right now (which are good by the way). However, what he lacks is mental fortitude. He can mould his game on Kohli and become very deadly or can be the next dare I say Rohit Sharma - another story of what could have been. It's on him and nothing can be said right now. Good thing is that it looks like Kohli has taken him in his fold. He's good friends with KL, both are fitness freaks (6 packs and all), they hang out together and hopefully practice their game together. If Kohli can help Rahul tap his potential then we have something great coming up. We wait to see if that happens.
    If he can be Pakistan's Hashim Amla and help us win one more World Cup, he'll go down as an ATG and I for one really hope your prediction comes true.

    Especially because that will mean that he'll be a legend in test cricket as well and be one of the top two/three batsmen from Asia.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  21. #341
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,683
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    If he can be Pakistan's Hashim Amla and help us win one more World Cup, he'll go down as an ATG and I for one really hope your prediction comes true.

    Especially because that will mean that he'll be a legend in test cricket as well and be one of the top two/three batsmen from Asia.
    I guess you didn't read my post properly. I didn't say he will become Hashim Amla in tests coz honestly that's a big claim and I think it's too early to judge Babar on his test prospects.
    Last edited by Statsman; 2nd February 2017 at 10:34.

  22. #342
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    If he can be Pakistan's Hashim Amla and help us win one more World Cup, he'll go down as an ATG and I for one really hope your prediction comes true.

    Especially because that will mean that he'll be a legend in test cricket as well and be one of the top two/three batsmen from Asia.
    If Babar becomes Pakistan's Hashim Amla, then how can he help you win a world cup?

  23. #343
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    The difference between them is that Rahul in terms of physical cricketing development has nearly reached his potential whereas Babar is far from it. He has many things to correct. For the slow ones here, I'm not talking about temperament or statistics.
    No rahul hasn't. His backfoot play is poor. His bat speed is slow while having decent back lift. To compensate he makes use of more power than bat swing.He might get done by genuine pace. Shows full face of the bat needlessly when not required and even drives are more arial.
    Last edited by Pollack; 2nd February 2017 at 10:41.

  24. #344
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,198
    Mentioned
    901 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    I guess you didn't read my post properly. I didn't say he will become Hashim Amla in tests coz honestly that's a big claim and I think it's too early to judge Babar on his test prospects.
    I did and the first part of my post was about test cricket. You should do the same.

    It is also highly unlikely that Babar will not succeed in tests, if he succeeds in ODIs.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  25. #345
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,456
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    By the way, Babar doesn't need a WC win to go down as ATG.

    Not that I am saying he will go on to achieve it but no batsman needs a WC win to get to ATG.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  26. #346
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,925
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    If Babar becomes Pakistan's Hashim Amla, then how can he help you win a world cup?
    He will go down as a much better ODI player than the overrated amla


    Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

  27. #347
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Babar has a 90 in some very difficult batting conditions in New Zealand. Rahul's century was good but we all know what the pitches were like in that tour.



    Because that's where Rahul got most of his runs.
    In the same flat pitches babar scored 60 runs in 6 innings right?

  28. #348
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Your alternate facts are disturbing. Babar played on tougher pitches.

    Regardless, there is no denying that Rahul has had the better start in tests. However, he's an inferior batsman to Babar, who is also two years younger.
    Yeah tougher pitches where tailenders scred for fun right? Atleast give plausable excuses

  29. #349
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Sorry Indians but this time your guy isn't gonna win I never compare young Indian and Pakistani players but I can confidently say that Babar will reach some unbelievable highs
    Good for u and pak cricket. For u r predictions we all can wait and watch

  30. #350
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    in WI ? He has 4 hundreds in 4 different countries hes played ?
    So on these helpful pitch the likes of Aamir and Wahab where conceding runs at 5-6 per over ? lol
    You have to stop making the pith flat or green depending on which team is playing .
    Every pitch pak plays automatically becomes a bowlers paradise for their batsman and patta to opposition batsman leading to tons and double tons by their best bowling attack in the world

  31. #351
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    12,959
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Indians haven't watched enough of Babar and Pakistanis haven't watched enough of Rahul.

  32. #352
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thivagar View Post
    Indians haven't watched enough of Babar and Pakistanis haven't watched enough of Rahul.
    So tell me u r take on the discussion as u seem to have watched both

  33. #353
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,268
    Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thivagar View Post
    Indians haven't watched enough of Babar and Pakistanis haven't watched enough of Rahul.
    Yeah that is true, I have only seen Rahul in one or two IPL highlight videos and it seemed like he had the attitude of Kohli but the performance of Dinesh Mongia


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  34. #354
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Babar is head and shoulders above KL Rahul. FACT
    KL Rahul is clean and clear over Babar

  35. #355
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    12,959
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    So tell me u r take on the discussion as u seem to have watched both
    Haven't watched enough of Babar myself. Like someone said Babar is 2.5 years younger and seems like he has higher ceiling. He did play in tougher conditions and around inferior batsmen. Slight edge to Babar.

  36. #356
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,268
    Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    KL Rahul is clean and clear over Babar
    You didn't say FACT so it cannot constitute as a fact, and everybody knows you can only cancel out a fact by saying FACT


    Babar, one, Rahul, zero.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  37. #357
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    418
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    You didn't say FACT so it cannot constitute as a fact, and everybody knows you can only cancel out a fact by saying FACT


    Babar, one, Rahul, zero.
    For facts just check their records from first class level and you could see Rahul standing tall over Babar

  38. #358
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,268
    Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner85 View Post
    For facts just check their records from first class level and you could see Rahul standing tall over Babar
    You guys don't understand pyaar ki zabaan do you.

    Here are both records as they stand at the moment:

    Babar Azam


    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 848
Size:  31.8 KB

    KL Rahul

    Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 850
Size:  30.9 KB

    Rahul has a better test record at the moment, I'll give you that, however he has played majority of his matches on flat pattas and his record is severly bolstered by the 199. Despite scoring 4 centuries in 19 innings (one of them almost a double century) he still only averages 41, which shows that it is either feast or famine with him.

    Babar on the other hand has played 5 off his 6 matches in the NZ and Australia. The pitches in NZ were hard to distinguish between the ground, they had so much grass on it. In Australia, Babar could have done better but he was always batting in muggy, overcast conditions against a spectacular bowling attack.


    In ODIs and T20s Rahul cannot even polish Babar's shoes.
    Last edited by Syed1; 2nd February 2017 at 15:28.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  39. #359
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,483
    Mentioned
    934 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner85 View Post
    For facts just check their records from first class level and you could see Rahul standing tall over Babar
    OK then.

    Fawad Alam > KL Rahul.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  40. #360
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    You guys don't understand pyaar ki zabaan do you.

    Here are both records as they stand at the moment:

    Babar Azam


    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 848
Size:  31.8 KB

    KL Rahul

    Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 850
Size:  30.9 KB

    Rahul has a better test record at the moment, I'll give you that, however he has played majority of his matches on flat pattas and his record is severly bolstered by the 199. Despite scoring 4 centuries in 19 innings (one of them almost a double century) he still only averages 41, which shows that it is either feast or famine with him.

    Babar on the other hand has played 5 off his 6 matches in the NZ and Australia. The pitches in NZ were hard to distinguish between the ground, they had so much grass on it. In Australia, Babar could have done better but he was always batting in muggy, overcast conditions against a spectacular bowling attack.


    In ODIs and T20s Rahul cannot even polish Babar's shoes.
    Rahul played against even better attack of johnson, stark, hazlewood, harris

  41. #361
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,268
    Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Rahul played against even better attack of johnson, stark, hazlewood, harris
    He has roughly 1/4 of his entire test runs in one innings of 199. Which means in the other 18 innings he has scored 3/4 of his run (596) which amounts to an average of 33. Nothing spectacular if you ask me.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  42. #362
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    You didn't say FACT so it cannot constitute as a fact, and everybody knows you can only cancel out a fact by saying FACT


    Babar, one, Rahul, zero.
    When a post has God's stamp in it is a fact.

  43. #363
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    OK then.

    Fawad Alam > KL Rahul.
    Cannot compare stats across two different countries domestics.

  44. #364
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,925
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Cannot compare stats across two different countries domestics.
    Why don't you say that to the Indian who compared Babar and Rahul's first class average


    Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

  45. #365
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,000
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Rahul played against even better attack of johnson, stark, hazlewood, harris
    LOL. An ineffective Johnson who was about to retire, a not 100% Starc (not to forget he wasn't even established yet), an upcoming, new Hazlewood (early days for him) and an ineffective Harris who'd lost all seam and swing and was on the verge of retirement. That attack was PATHETIC. Not taking anything away from you golden boy but that attack was club level, at least IMO.

  46. #366
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    3,473
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This thread is going to be fun in coming months

  47. #367
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Why don't you say that to the Indian who compared Babar and Rahul's first class average
    I read his post. It is open to interpretation. It could mean compare how rahul fared amongst his peer and Babur amongst his at pre international level.

  48. #368
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,925
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    I read his post. It is open to interpretation. It could mean compare how rahul fared amongst his peer and Babur amongst his at pre international level.
    So then abdullahs post also means the same thing. Fawad fared better against his peers than Rahul


    Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

  49. #369
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,706
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    If this is Rahul's epitome of physical development, then let me tell you bro, this is very good because he can sure pack a punch and I seriously hope that Babar can emulate him in fitness and physical development because he sure packs a punch. Yeah, both of them will never be power hitters, but that's okay because Rahul's current body is perfect for an athlete.

    For the rest of it, I agree with pretty much everything you're saying. I like your analysis as to how he will find success in places like RSA and Aus because indeed, these qualities are vital.
    Yes, he's high quality. Currently ahead of Babar as a player. Technically, he's as good as it gets.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  50. #370
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    So then abdullahs post also means the same thing. Fawad fared better against his peers than Rahul
    But he couldn't make into international. If anything it puts pakistan's domestic setup batting at lower standards.Even at so low standards Babur could not be better than his competition. On the other hand rahul at high standards of batting managed to maintain high standards

  51. #371
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is meaningless debate actually at the moment.Let both Rahul and Babur develop and play to their full potential. This thread is in for a long life. Its not like Indians are berating him. Though few like me are of the opinion that Rahul is ahead of Babur at the moment without going into stats which can be misleading at times.

  52. #372
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,327
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Look guys.

    KL at the moment is a more complete player. He has an extra gear and the power game.

    Along with extremely good temperament.

    Babar currently lacks both. Maybe not lacks but not quite developed yet.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  53. #373
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha people actually think Babar can be Hashim Amla good? Geeeeezus. He'll be a Pakistani ATG if he's half as good as Amla. Babar's never going to reach the heights that Amla did. Let's not put unrealistic expectations on the kid.

  54. #374
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are good prospects but comparing two players at this juncture is pretty pointless. Over the next 2-3 years, one of them could really take his game to the next level while the other may languish. We've seen several examples before.

    Given the quality of batting around him, Babar will definitely stand out more for the same performances than Rahul, who has other star batsmen in his team.

  55. #375
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    18,806
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kl is a very talented player. Comfertable vs spin and pace. Can hit both sides of the wickets and has a power game. I think KL is just ahead in tests.

    Babar is very good against pace. Has a compact technique and can hit both sides of the wicket but lacks the power game, Babar is definitely the supeior LO player.


    Overall I'll take Babar right now and I think Babar is the better player as of now. Let's see how they develop, confident both players will improve from here onwards.

  56. #376
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Kl is a very talented player. Comfertable vs spin and pace. Can hit both sides of the wickets and has a power game. I think KL is just ahead in tests.

    Babar is very good against pace. Has a compact technique and can hit both sides of the wicket but lacks the power game, Babar is definitely the supeior LO player.


    Overall I'll take Babar right now and I think Babar is the better player as of now. Let's see how they develop, confident both players will improve from here onwards.
    don't you think having better power game will allow Rahul to be a better LO player? Babar will have very good stats but very less impact if he fails to develop his power game. Both will be eventually very good in Tests. Rahul has to come good faster than Babar as India has many more options. Babar will get many many more opportunities due to lack of good batsman

  57. #377
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    18,806
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    don't you think having better power game will allow Rahul to be a better LO player? Babar will have very good stats but very less impact if he fails to develop his power game. Both will be eventually very good in Tests. Rahul has to come good faster than Babar as India has many more options. Babar will get many many more opportunities due to lack of good batsman
    Power game is something that works in his favour but Babar can develop a power game. He has the shots it's just sometimes he doesn't seem to have the power.

    Rahuls main problem seems to be his tempremeant and the fact he throws his wicket away.

  58. #378
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    10,948
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It should be:

    Lokesh Rahul vs Ahmed Shehzad


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  59. #379
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,198
    Mentioned
    901 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Will Rahul even play once Rohit comes back?


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  60. #380
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    953
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will open with Rohit in LOIs and with Vijay in tests. Unless ICC Dhawan suddenly finds form again.


    The only real long term threat to Rahul's place is Pant. Kid currently is on a superior and faster trajectory than both Babar and Rahul.

  61. #381
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    He will open with Rohit in LOIs and with Vijay in tests. Unless ICC Dhawan suddenly finds form again.


    The only real long term threat to Rahul's place is Pant. Kid currently is on a superior and faster trajectory than both Babar and Rahul.
    Pant should be fit in middle order. Ideally in place of yuvraj or even with him in the team.This should be top order in ODI:
    Rahul
    Rohit
    Kohli
    Pant
    Dhoni
    Kedar

  62. #382
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    953
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Pant should be fit in middle order. Ideally in place of yuvraj or even with him in the team.This should be top order in ODI:
    Rahul
    Rohit
    Kohli
    Pant
    Dhoni
    Kedar
    Given what we have seen from Kedar in terms of his finishing abilities and Dhoni's inability in recent times to accelerate from the start, this lineup does not make sense.

    Dhoni needs to bat at 4 if you want him in the team.

    Pant is on paper the most explosive player in this lineup so you have got to have him open or finish the game.

  63. #383
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Given what we have seen from Kedar in terms of his finishing abilities and Dhoni's inability in recent times to accelerate from the start, this lineup does not make sense.

    Dhoni needs to bat at 4 if you want him in the team.

    Pant is on paper the most explosive player in this lineup so you have got to have him open or finish the game.
    Dhoni is a liability actually. He is fantastic ODI player but as kohli said it would be challenge to know where he would fit in this lineup.

    Anyway exchange dhoni and pant position and batting lineup would make sense.

  64. #384
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    It should be:

    Lokesh Rahul vs Ahmed Shehzad
    Wow after so many years you got one DECENT batsman and you are behaving like this...
    Rahul is better than Babar having better FC record and allrounder game...
    Babar is quickly becoming the most overhyped player on PP ( Currently is Amir) .
    You guys never learn from past ... Get ready for another humiliation as I strongly believe Babar will follow likes of Umar Akmal, Shehzad,Jamshed who were once compared with Indians and are nobodies today ...
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 3rd February 2017 at 03:37.

  65. #385
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    He will open with Rohit in LOIs and with Vijay in tests. Unless ICC Dhawan suddenly finds form again.


    The only real long term threat to Rahul's place is Pant. Kid currently is on a superior and faster trajectory than both Babar and Rahul.
    Pant reminds me so much of De Kock when he broke into the scene.

    His attacking approach obviously has its risks and oppositions will definitely work out and exploit his weaknesses when he enters the international scene. So he isn't a complete player yet. But boy he looks the part at just 19 years of age.

  66. #386
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    LOL. An ineffective Johnson who was about to retire, a not 100% Starc (not to forget he wasn't even established yet), an upcoming, new Hazlewood (early days for him) and an ineffective Harris who'd lost all seam and swing and was on the verge of retirement. That attack was PATHETIC. Not taking anything away from you golden boy but that attack was club level, at least IMO.
    Do u have any excuses left? Difficult putches? If the pitches are difficult then why u r bowling was slaughtered like not even a club level team

  67. #387
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,000
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Do u have any excuses left? Difficult putches? If the pitches are difficult then why u r bowling was slaughtered like not even a club level team
    Please stick to the crux of the discussion. Pakistani bowling or Indian bowling was never part of the topic. If you cannot find a good enough argument then please refrain from making pointless comments.

  68. #388
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The aussies have been playing in drop-in pitches for quite sometime now. You are clutching at straws if you think the pitches served to India were any flatter than the ones served to Pakistan. Yasir shah went at 6 runs an over at an avg of 80 and you reckon that the pitches were not flat roads? My god, get a grip man

  69. #389
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    This thread is going to be fun in coming months
    Liking the argy bargy between Indian and Pakistani ppers in the thread.

  70. #390
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Please stick to the crux of the discussion. Pakistani bowling or Indian bowling was never part of the topic. If you cannot find a good enough argument then please refrain from making pointless comments.
    U r the one making pointless discussions because johnson won them the second test and hazle wood is the bowler of the series.

    So according to u the same club level bowlers become atgs against pakistan. That indirectly indicates the dire state of pak batting if u collapse repeatedly and thrashed by club lebel bowlers

  71. #391
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,039
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Do u have any excuses left? Difficult putches? If the pitches are difficult then why u r bowling was slaughtered like not even a club level team
    Pitches werent that difficult but Pakistani bowling was also not up the mark. The leg spinner got exposed, Amir was okay, wahab lost his mojo, we know about rahat the annihilator , cheeni imran khan isnt quick enough. As simple as that. In many matches they played 3 left armers which made it a one dimensional attack. The matches in which right armers were brought in were no different because right armers were of poor quality.

    The pitches were difficult in NZ. Babar showed tremendous skills there.

  72. #392
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Pitches werent that difficult but Pakistani bowling was also not up the mark. The leg spinner got exposed, Amir was okay, wahab lost his mojo, we know about rahat the annihilator , cheeni imran khan isnt quick enough. As simple as that. In many matches they played 3 left armers which made it a one dimensional attack. The matches in which right armers were brought in were no different because right armers were of poor quality.

    The pitches were difficult in NZ. Babar showed tremendous skills there.
    Sir i am questioning his claims that the pitches in aus are bowler friendly and pak faced atg attack and not india which is really a comedy given that we played the same attach plus johnson and harris

  73. #393
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,039
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Sir i am questioning his claims that the pitches in aus are bowler friendly and pak faced atg attack and not india which is really a comedy given that we played the same attach plus johnson and harris
    I Should have quoted him

  74. #394
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    10,948
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter13992 View Post
    Wow after so many years you got one DECENT batsman and you are behaving like this...
    Rahul is better than Babar having better FC record and allrounder game...
    Babar is quickly becoming the most overhyped player on PP ( Currently is Amir) .
    You guys never learn from past ... Get ready for another humiliation as I strongly believe Babar will follow likes of Umar Akmal, Shehzad,Jamshed who were once compared with Indians and are nobodies today ...
    Triggered.
    Rahul is too old to be compared to Azam.

    The latter is still a #YoungstaBeauty

  75. #395
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,384
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Pitches werent that difficult but Pakistani bowling was also not up the mark. The leg spinner got exposed, Amir was okay, wahab lost his mojo, we know about rahat the annihilator , cheeni imran khan isnt quick enough. As simple as that. In many matches they played 3 left armers which made it a one dimensional attack. The matches in which right armers were brought in were no different because right armers were of poor quality.

    The pitches were difficult in NZ. Babar showed tremendous skills there.
    Wahab was the best bowler from the Pakistan side.

    Pakistan only played the Gabba test with three left hand pacers.

  76. #396
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    418
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a wicket where all batsmen struggled it was stunning to see how Rahul played his strokes.Great Talent and the best upcoming batsman in world cricket along with Quinton decock

  77. #397
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    7,051
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul I feel has ATG ability with the bat..

    Can dominate the opposition.
    Can play long innings.
    Can score everywhere.
    Can grind out on difficult pitch.

    His only issue is lack of patience and eagerness to dominate things more often than not.

  78. #398
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arguably the most talented batter in the team, if he puts in half as much work as Kohli's done over the last few years, he'll end up as the second greatest opener from India after Sunny.

  79. #399
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    1,605
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleasanltly surprised how Rahul kept playing so well even as every other Indian bat crumbled around him . I had thought that he had completely sc%%ed up his Test match batting trying to be a Sehwag kind-of player. But the guy has genuine talent . Lets hope he picks up well.

  80. #400
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,646
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rahul has ability. Application is what he needs to work on.

    If Rahul starts putting price on his wicket, he will be as valuable as Kohli.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •