Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    And Englands bowling away from home is remotely credible? The hype the likes of Haris, Usman etc. would receive if they were to score a triple against any side in the UAE wouldn't reach the extent you are claiming it would. Apart from a good temperament and ability against spin scoring a triple in Asia by an Asian batsman does not reveal much about the player. If they were to score a triple away from Asia then we would see the, being hailed as ATG's in the making, which most fans would do; it's not limited to Pak fans.

I would be sincerely worried for Indian's if they had come to the level where such trash batsman such as Nair were to be hyped. I mean the guy is a complete dud against pace (England don't have a pace bowling attack, illustrated by how poor they're doing in Australia).

Why is it so that we cannot compare our young batsman with that of India's? You can argue that India are much better at harnessing a batsmans potential, but with the more professional set up employed by Mickey Arthur I do see batsman whom are inducted into the national team at a young age making large strides in developing as a batsman.

Nair will only get away with bullying the likes of SL, Bang etc. on dead pitches with no bounce. His ability to score stops right there. Shafiq is a mental midget and has his issues but to compare him with Nair is an insult.
    I have to completely disagree with that. Usman, Haris, Saad etc. scoring a 300 in their next Test match is going to generate a insane amount of hype, even if it is in the UAE.

Also, it is not as if no Pakistani batsman can be better than his Indian counterpart - but the fact is that India have a much better system to churn out batsmen and have a superb batting culture. We have a bowling culture that is something that Mickey cannot change. It is imbedded deep in our cricketing culture.

However, it is worrying that India seems to be (slowly but surely) bridging the bowling gap, but the gap when it comes to batting continues to widen. The fact that our alpha Test batsman at the moment is Azhar says it all really. He is a good batsman, but he is a zero impact player and will never be one of the greats of the game.

Babar is a shining light though, but he is not enough to bridge the gap between the two teams. Kohli is going to inspire another generation in India like Tendulkar did.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Some one can be a having a guaranteed spot in Zim, a test plaything nation, and yet not be better than 30th best batsman from Aus.

You can rate any of these two higher, but argument here is seriously flawed one.
    Obviously this argument is flawed but it does hold some merit when we are discussing Rahul vs Babar.First of all,Pakistan are not minnows unlike Zimbabwe.They just thrashed India in CT final by 180 runs.(biggest margin of defeat in icc tournament finals)

Again his competition is not with likes of pujara,kohli in test or kohli,dhawan,sharma,dhoni in Odi/T20.There are also other players(young and inexperienced) who has done better than Rahul.You can't rate someone who is not among starting playing 11 in any format Over someone who is arguably best batsmen across formats for his side.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Obviously this argument is flawed but it does hold some merit when we are discussing Rahul vs Babar.First of all,Pakistan are not minnows unlike Zimbabwe.They just thrashed India in CT final by 180 runs.(biggest margin of defeat in icc tournament finals)

Again his competition is not with likes of pujara,kohli in test or kohli,dhawan,sharma,dhoni in Odi/T20.There are also other players(young and inexperienced) who has done better than Rahul.You can't rate someone who is not among starting playing 11 in any format Over someone who is arguably best batsmen across formats for his side.
    Point was not to show that Pakistan is Zim. Point still stands,

If you can't rate a test opener with 44 average with 4 tons then why will you rate some one averaging in 23 with zero ton in the test format?

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point was not to show that Pakistan is Zim. Point still stands,

If you can't rate a test opener with 44 average with 4 tons then why will you rate some one averaging in 23 with zero ton in the test format?
    there is no doubt Rahul is better test batsmen than Babar.
    sinmilarly babar is far better ODI batsmen than Rahul(so far on basis of performance)
    According to me,ATM Babar>Rahul(across all formats and i've also considered test as premier format)
    Last edited by Savage; 3rd December 2017 at 20:09.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    there is no doubt Rahul is better test batsmen than Babar.
    sinmilarly babar is far better ODI batsmen than Rahul(so far on basis of performance)
    According to me,ATM Babar>Rahul(across all formats and i've also considered test as premier format)
    I personally think that comparison looks more meaningful after players have played substantial number of tests and ODIs. I don't think that Babar has played many tests and Rahul has played many ODIs.

I just looked it up. Babar has 11 tests and 36 ODIS. Rahul has 21 tests and 10 ODIs. They both need to play 30 tests and 50 ODIs before meaningful comparison can be made. Both are young and I think both will play a lot more cricket. Babar needs one ton in the test to start making big scores and Rahul needs to play consistently in ODIs.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think that comparison looks more meaningful after players have played substantial number of tests and ODIs. I don't think that Babar has played many tests and Rahul has played many ODIs.

I just looked it up. Babar has 11 tests and 36 ODIS. Rahul has 21 tests and 10 ODIs. They both need to play 30 tests and 50 ODIs before meaningful comparison can be made. Both are young and I think both will play a lot more cricket. Babar needs one ton in the test to start making big scores and Rahul needs to play consistently in ODIs.
    Yes! comparison would be more meaningful after players have played substantial number of tests and ODIs.

I generally don't predict about "who's gonna end up as a better player".[so i ignore it]one would be fool to write off young talents like KL rahul who already has brilliant T20 century and century in Aus.

I only meant that "ATM" Babar has performed Better than Rahul.(although not by much).I specifically mentioned "At The Moment".
    Last edited by Savage; 5th December 2017 at 10:14.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Indians automatically assume any new batter is next Tendulkar when in reality no one noteworthy has come through since Kohli. Dhawan and Rohit are both hacks.

Babar is 50+ average superstar. Only a matter of time before he starts delivering in tests.

I still don't understand why he is being compared to nobodies like Rahul and others.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I have to completely disagree with that. Usman, Haris, Saad etc. scoring a 300 in their next Test match is going to generate a insane amount of hype, even if it is in the UAE.

Also, it is not as if no Pakistani batsman can be better than his Indian counterpart - but the fact is that India have a much better system to churn out batsmen and have a superb batting culture. We have a bowling culture that is something that Mickey cannot change. It is imbedded deep in our cricketing culture.

However, it is worrying that India seems to be (slowly but surely) bridging the bowling gap, but the gap when it comes to batting continues to widen. The fact that our alpha Test batsman at the moment is Azhar says it all really. He is a good batsman, but he is a zero impact player and will never be one of the greats of the game.

Babar is a shining light though, but he is not enough to bridge the gap between the two teams. Kohli is going to inspire another generation in India like Tendulkar did.
    And who is to say that the bridge between the two batting sides is widening? It’s quite the opposite for me, in recent times we’ve produced the likes of Haris, Babar emerge and have a group of young batsman who are more than capable, namely Saud, Zeeshan etc.; in comparison, the Misbah era gave us only Shafiq and Ali.

Agree with the point that the current Indian pace bowling lot is catching up to ours, but as soon as we get rid of chumps like Junaid then that pace bowling gap will only widen.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bump
    Babar is ranked 4th in odis and 3rd in t20s while rahul is struggling to be regular in indian team
    Last edited by saeed5646; 21st March 2018 at 13:23.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Bump
    Babar is ranked 4th in odis and 3rd in t20s while rahul is struggling to be regular in indian team
    India top order is settled and Pak's not ..

Ind is No. 1 ODI team, obviously difficult to cement place compared to low ranked teams !

Babar is on top of the pecking order in Pak

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post

Ind is No. 1 ODI team, obviously difficult to cement place compared to low ranked teams !

Yeah agree that is why the likes of kedar yadav are prefered ahead of him and also he was not even regular in india b in nidhas trophy that tell you much about his current performance

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No question Rahul has regressed. The confidence he had once seems to have deserted him.

Rahul looks half the batsman that he once was.

At the moment, Babar > Rahul

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Toronto , Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rahul looks like not interested or not happy. His shot selection is not that great either. May be he is missing kohli in the middle to or taking too much pressure because of Pandey is sucking all the energy with strike rate of 100.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now Babar is ahead. But based on potential, K L Rahul.

K L can be a match winner. But , not the same with Babar.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Toronto , Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah agree that is why the likes of kedar yadav are prefered ahead of him and also he was not even regular in india b in nidhas trophy that tell you much about his current performance
    It is either perform or lose your spot in india team. If you dont perform for five matches you are in danger zone. DK said the same thing.
    Current movement Azam > rahul. Azam is well set and rahul is not.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul has clearly regressed.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saintgrace View Post
    It is either perform or lose your spot in india team. If you dont perform for five matches you are in danger zone. DK said the same thing.
    Current movement Azam > rahul. Azam is well set and rahul is not.
    No one knows about future but yeah currently babar is ahead

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is clearly ahead and will continue to be so unless Rahul clears his head. He seems to be clueless at times with the stroke play. It's not as if he's a slogger either. He definitely has issues with shot selection. The last things Kohli wants in a NO.4 would be some one throwing their wicket playing a stupid shot. That leaves Rahul and Raina out of that slot in ODIs.

Manish and Iyer arent just good enough to play at 4. Rahul being the most talented and also very diligent student of the game should have cemented his place by now. Don't see that happening before 2019 WC

Babar needs more intensity and passion to win games. Everybody knows he needs to improve his power game. Remember Rahul in older IPLs. He was a blocker. Babar can improve his stroke play but he needs to be more impactful. He is on the right path

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now you are comparing opener/ top order spot with lower Middle Order/ all rounder spot. Hope you know what you are talking about. For no 6 spot I would prefer Kedar over Rahul or Azam if I had only these 3 available and if I want 4 to 5 overs bowled by the player as well.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not Kedar Yadav .Jadhav.

KL is opening batsman... Why are you comparing with middle order batsaman. In Team Ind opening is there in middle order.. unfortunately KL doesn't suit there.

BTW what an innings by Babar today....oops his team lost match and knocked out inspite of 50 !
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 21st March 2018 at 18:48.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

KL is opening batsman... Why are you comparing with middle order batsaman. In Team Ind opening is there in middle order.. unfortunately KL doesn't suit there.

BTW what an innings by Babar today....oops his team lost match and knocked out inspite of 50 !
    rahul won,t found a place in odis currently in indian top order so his best shot is middle order

other wise he won,t be regular in current team

that was a poor knock from babar

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG Babar made a fifty and his team lost by 13 runs! Bring out the pitchforks!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It’s difficult for anyone to get a spot in top 3 in Indian ODI/T20 team.. Hopefully Rahul can work hard and cement his spot in test team and transition into a number 4 in LOI’s.. It is difficult I know but let’s see what happens.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rahul won,t found a place in odis currently in indian top order so his best shot is middle order

other wise he won,t be regular in current team

that was a poor knock from babar
    Yea that's the bad luck of KL and his poor outings whenever he got chances is also not helped his cause to cement place in team.

Still KL is comparatively younger than Dhawan and Rohit, he will get his opening slot sooner or later. Hope KL keeps his form going in first class and IPL meanwhile
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 22nd March 2018 at 09:25.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One one hand, I wonder why you wouldn't invest in Rahul to the same extent you would for Pandya, but then again, the fierce competition is what molds Indian batsmen. Rahul is definitely a cut above the Iyers etc in my book.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuzaifaE View Post
    One one hand, I wonder why you wouldn't invest in Rahul to the same extent you would for Pandya, but then again, the fierce competition is what molds Indian batsmen. Rahul is definitely a cut above the Iyers etc in my book.
    Problem is coach bhai doesn't think like that, to some extent even too doesn't back KL much

Can't just say regional bias... Just pure bad luck KL has to compete with settled opening pair of Dhawan and Rohit !
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 22nd March 2018 at 09:56.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This baffles me and most knowledgeable Indian fans. This guy should be invested in way more than we have done on Rohit Sharma. The guy has truly ATG potential and he has shown in the innings he has played in test cricket so far.

The thing is, he is not in the Bombay lobby, nor is he chums with our kaptaan.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is coach bhai doesn't think like that, to some extent even too doesn't back KL much

Can't just say regional bias... Just pure bad luck KL has to compete with settled opening pair of Dhawan and Rohit !
    What about number 4, he's only played there a couple of times as far as I can remember, surely a better investment than playing Russian Roulette with anyone and everyone after each game?

As for tests, one can hope all three openers failing in South Africa means Rahul isn't the one to cop the flak.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Rahul doesn't even get chances and we are playing hacks like Iyer....what a tragedy.

This guy once given backing is likely to be a giant.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about number 4, he's only played there a couple of times as far as I can remember, surely a better investment than playing Russian Roulette with anyone and everyone after each game?

As for tests, one can hope all three openers failing in South Africa means Rahul isn't the one to cop the flak.
    Yea KL has good test performances to keep his Test place for longer.

But in LOI, lack of clarity from and selection panel lead to Russian Roulette (apt comparison) with KL, DK, Pandey, Iyer, Rahane ....

Looks like Pandey and DK are the favourites for middle order on current form ...KL doesn't have enough time to claim his spot there !

Outstanding IPL performance is the first goal for KL to get the ball rolling... hope he does excel

PS: Not every one is as lucky as Rohit to get so many chances to settle, KL needs to do it in whatever chances he gets before it's too late
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 22nd March 2018 at 10:57.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly better test bat, leagues behind Babar in limited overs cricket.

Lokesh who?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Slightly better test bat, leagues behind Babar in limited overs cricket.

Lokesh who?
    One can say same thing for
    Babar... who? In Tests

KL will get his due in LOI, too good a player to be left out for long!
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 22nd March 2018 at 11:09.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul bats like Lara sometimes and lights your eyes up with his class but sadly those days are too rare. He's had one of the most frustrating careers if you look at it from fans point of view.

Babar is a good accumulator. Way more consistent than Rahul but nothing flashy about him. He seems like poor man's Kane Williamson.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Toronto , Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best bet Rahul has is injured opening pair. Kohli trust dhawan and dhoni both. He is in brotherly live with Rohit and Rohit is second choice captain. These are occupied numbers in Indian team. Only way Rahul can get openernif one of them got injured. Or else Rahul should target Raina spot. Which is hard because Raina can provide four five overs in hard time. Competition is so fears if I am in place of Rahul I would be depressed. Haha

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saintgrace View Post
    The best bet Rahul has is injured opening pair. Kohli trust dhawan and dhoni both. He is in brotherly live with Rohit and Rohit is second choice captain. These are occupied numbers in Indian team. Only way Rahul can get openernif one of them got injured. Or else Rahul should target Raina spot. Which is hard because Raina can provide four five overs in hard time. Competition is so fears if I am in place of Rahul I would be depressed. Haha
    He already got that chance a couple of years back with Rohit injured for a long time (Even Dhawan was injured here & there). That was one golden chance which he could have easily capitalized. (That's how people in the past like Gambhir, Sehwag, Ganguly, etc, utilized the opportunities on hands!) I don't think he may get it again! The best chance now is to concentrate fully on Test matches and have a consistent run there, that can make him at least a part of LOI squad, then he will get that opportunity to play the odd matches as alternate opener. Kohli doesn't see him as middle order player

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    It’s difficult for anyone to get a spot in top 3 in Indian ODI/T20 team.. Hopefully Rahul can work hard and cement his spot in test team and transition into a number 4 in LOI’s.. It is difficult I know but let’s see what happens.
    I don't buy that logic. He blasted a T20 century at 200+ SR batting at #4. He can't be worse than Rahane, Karthik, and others India have played at that position.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    I don't buy that logic. He blasted a T20 century at 200+ SR batting at #4. He can't be worse than Rahane, Karthik, and others India have played at that position.
    So all the batsmen who play for teams like Bangladesh, Pak, Afghan are better than Rahul as he could not find the spot in the eleven whereas others were able to find the spot and score runs?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Dhoni lost India that match and is still there

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad that Rahul is not even a permanent member now.

And Babar has went to the next level.

But in tests Rahul is miles ahead.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post

Rahul never got back to the level he was 2 years ago. Think he was injured and when he returned, he looked rusty and never looked comfortable at the crease.

At the moment, Babar is much better than Rahul. Though Rahul is talented, his confidence has gone to the dogs. If he cannot recover soon, he will be pearmanantly out of the squad. Young guys like Prithvi Shaw and Gill will be eyeing the middle order pretty soon.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no longer a comparison. Babar well ahead, quickly becoming a run machine and on his way to become Pak's best ever LOI batter In Sha Allah/

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post

Miles ahead how? Rahul was pathetic in SA. He regressed big time after injury. Babar has a lot of technical issues and can't succeed in tests unless he corrects them. He is far ahead in LOIs though

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is turning into Umar vs Kohli in LOI.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iMHO I would pick rahul over Babar. Babar is very harmless. 50 ball 60 will not help at all.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    iMHO I would pick rahul over Babar. Babar is very harmless. 50 ball 60 will not help at all.
    Yes Rahul 15(10) will help a lot.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL in Tests is a must starter... hope our coach thinks in the same lines

KL has good potential in LOI as well, this year IPL will be big test for him !

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL in Tests is a must starter... hope our coach thinks in the same lines

KL has good potential in LOI as well, this year IPL will be big test for him !
    I feel so. He should top the charts this time, to be in the reckoning.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    This is turning into Umar vs Kohli in LOI.
    UMAR lost his sport in PSL team as well....! Not so bad for KL is regular in national squad!

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Rahul 15(10) will help a lot.
    Looks like you have not seen all the games Rahul played. Must hav3 seen only th3 las5 game. He scored 10o in T20I against much better bowl8ng attack.
    Last edited by Send1983; 3rd April 2018 at 18:40.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see Rahul not given chances in odi and t20 team.
    I think he should he given chance at 4. Rahane is useless and ugly to watch.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul will score 100s for fun against this WI side..
    Rahul >>>>BAbar

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Sad to see Rahul not given chances in odi and t20 team.
    I think he should he given chance at 4. Rahane is useless and ugly to watch.
    In the limited chances he got, he looked terrible. No timing. No confidence in any shots he has played. Looked like a shadow of what he was 2 yrs ago.

I am not going to buy into "He needs to be consistently selected" mantra. He is getting chances and failed miserably to make any impression with the bat.

The only hope for Rahul is if he starts keeping wickets and takes over from MSD in ODI's and T20's. As a keeper batsman, he will be good enough to get into the team. As a batsman alone, he is not good enough at the moment.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Rahul >>>>BAbar
    Why couldn’t he do it against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Rahul fails in IPL, he will have hard time making it to the WC 2019 squad.

Many are eyeing the middle order including the likes of Shaw, Gill, Ishan Kishan, Agarawal etc.. If any of them have a brilliant IPL, Rahul will find himself completely out of LOI squad for the foreseeable future.

Just a week to go for the IPL to begin. Hoping India will find some big hitters to go along with Raina in the middle order.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    It takes ages for batsman to mature and understand their game and limitations. At a young age, all you want is to bash the bowlers, rake in popularity and dough. I think Rahul is going through that. A good looking 20 and then getting out is still only 20 runs and he isn't learning.

Babar on the other hand has a gift. He understands his limitations and his game. He plays within himself and doesn't budge. I think Mickey realized this too and has a plan for Babur to be the accumulator in the team while others score faster around him. If Kohli is an embodiment of utilizing his skills and talent to the fullest then Babur is a poor man's Kohli. It's just that Kohli has lot more powers in his arsenal than Babur.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why couldn’t he do it against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka?
    Rahul failed badly in all the limited opportunities he got in the last 1 year in LOI's.

However, BD and Lankan attacks are much better than the Kabaddi attack that WI has dished out on cricketing fans.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Rahul failed badly in all the limited opportunities he got in the last 1 year in LOI's.

However, BD and Lankan attacks are much better than the Kabaddi attack that WI has dished out on cricketing fans.
    Spinners are better but the pacers are just as awful.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul >>>>BAbar
    Add that 35 yard boundaries too to the equation.

Wish Rohit was playing against this attack on this pocket size ground. Rohit would have scored double century in T20I.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    It takes ages for batsman to mature and understand their game and limitations. At a young age, all you want is to bash the bowlers, rake in popularity and dough. I think Rahul is going through that. A good looking 20 and then getting out is still only 20 runs and he isn't learning.

Babar on the other hand has a gift. He understands his limitations and his game. He plays within himself and doesn't budge. I think Mickey realized this too and has a plan for Babur to be the accumulator in the team while others score faster around him. If Kohli is an embodiment of utilizing his skills and talent to the fullest then Babur is a poor man's Kohli. It's just that Kohli has lot more powers in his arsenal than Babur.
    Babar is a lot younger as well, he has time to work on Tests. LOIs he is great for Pakistan, if I see Pakistan are like 3 or 4 down, I assume Babar is still there (and he usually is) which is a huge improvement from a Pakistani perspective

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul has done really well in LOIs when he has played at his original slot i.e. as an opener.

Just a few months ago, he had scores of 89(49) and 61(48) in the two T20Is against Sri Lanka.
    Last edited by Abhilash93; 3rd April 2018 at 18:54.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Spinners are better but the pacers are just as awful.
    BD is a very good team in subcontinent conditions. Their bowling is also not that bad.

Lanka has spinners that can trouble on SC pitches. Their pace bowling is also decent with Lakmal leading their attack.

I am not taking anything away from Babar and I completely agree that while Babar is going from strength to strength, Rahul has regressed badly in the same time. But the WI bowling attack will give away 250 everytime to Indian batting and a double century in a T20 might become a possibility if Rohit plays them.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Babar is a lot younger as well, he has time to work on Tests. LOIs he is great for Pakistan, if I see Pakistan are like 3 or 4 down, I assume Babar is still there (and he usually is) which is a huge improvement from a Pakistani perspective
    It's a watershed moment in recent Pak batting history. The adulation for the big hitting by Nazirs, Afridis is slowly turning towards consistency. Have to appreciate his discipline despite the culture in general and influences like UA in his family. To me personally, I don't care much about his power game as most people demand in PP. It's match awareness and staying in the game as long as possible. He can score at a decent clip already so it's the mental side of things he needs to work on.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    KL Rahul bats like Lara sometimes and lights your eyes up with his class but sadly those days are too rare. He's had one of the most frustrating careers if you look at it from fans point of view.

Babar is a good accumulator. Way more consistent than Rahul but nothing flashy about him. He seems like poor man's Kane Williamson.

51 off 14 right now.

So it is that day when Rahul turns up as one of THE most exciting talents in the world and lights up our eyes.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If India play Rahul, Kohli & Gill in their top 4 that will be one helluva scary top order

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul has it in him to be India's next best all-format great after Kohli. He oozes batting talent, Rahul Dravid rates his Test games very highly (where he was outstanding against an excellent Aussie attack), and his power game has gone up to another level. Kohli mentioned he had a six-pack and was insanely focused on his fitness. He's got mental issue though; thinks he's already made it. If he can ward that off, he's gonna be fighting for the best bat of the generation after the Fab 4.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an inings by Rahul...
    FTBs like Babar can only dream to play inings like this..

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul just lacks confidence and consistent selection. The two go hand in hand and he can become a great #4 for INDIA if he is given ample chances over golden oldies.

"Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an inings by Rahul...
    FTBs like Babar can only dream to play inings like this..
    Narine has also dominated IPL with his batting but does that make him better than Babar? Consistency is also a thing y'know

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Narine is better batsman than Babar for sure as he scored against some quality bowlers unlike Babbu Azam who has scored runs against only D grade attacks..

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli is jealous of KL Rahul's potential. That can be the only reason why he is being ruined.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Narine is better batsman than Babar for sure as he scored against some quality bowlers unlike Babbu Azam who has scored runs against only D grade attacks..
    He's scored runs against the Aussie lineup, a decent NZ lineup and also in his only match against SA played a match winning knock

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm right

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Kohli is jealous of KL Rahul's potential. That can be the only reason why he is being ruined.
    Something is there for sure.

He hasn't got the sort of chances many lesser talents got.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even tail-enders can score fastest 50s in IPL. Shows the quality of the league lawl. Babar would probably score 50s and some 100s in every match.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But but but but Babar has one of has the lowest dot ball percentages! @Chief Destroyer

It doesn't matter at all that he can't clear the boundary.

Babar is good, probably as good as Hashim Amla and Kane Williamson! But..... that means he isn't good enough for ODI and T20 cricket currently.

It doesn't mean he can't develop another gear. He must if he wants to go close to the best in ODIs/T20s.

Becoming an impactful player is important. He has already said he's not interested in hitting boundaries or developing that skill.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Narine was no better than a tail-ender in the PSL. Babar was the second highest run-getter.
    Last edited by hadi123; 8th April 2018 at 17:16.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Narine was no better than a tail-ender in the PSL. Babar was the second highest run-getter.
    umesh yadav is better than any bowler in PSL. Cause you seem to make judgement with one innings.
    Last edited by hadi123; 8th April 2018 at 17:16.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    But but but but Babar has one of has the lowest dot ball percentages! @Chief Destroyer

It doesn't matter at all that he can't clear the boundary.

Babar is good, probably as good as Hashim Amla and Kane Williamson! But..... that means he isn't good enough for ODI and T20 cricket currently.

It doesn't mean he can't develop another gear. He must if he wants to go close to the best in ODIs/T20s.

Becoming an impactful player is important. He has already said he's not interested in hitting boundaries or developing that skill.
    LOL. Have you not seen his interviews? He said he’s been working on power hitting.

Babar is an impactful player for Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar akmal is a lower order batsman and he still averages 27 in international T20s. So it's clear he has the talent always had but never worked hard and goofed around and got in trouble. And he did fail in 2 seasons of PSL. Bringing him up wont help your argument. Meanwhile batsmen who failed in PSL are whooping IPL bowlers. So much for the quality.